Contactually

Contactually is a CRM tool which helps turn relationships into results

Work for Contactually?
Freshsales  crm  2x

Learning about Contactually?

Contactually Reviews

Ask Contactually a Question
Showing 110 Contactually reviews
Contactually review by <span>Monica R.</span>
Monica R.

It's rare I like something so much!

What do you like best?

I can't decide between the grading system (gamifys my contacts and grades me based on how good I've been about staying in touch with people) or the ScaleMail feature. Scale mail let's me send a "mass email" but I can add a custom touch to each and ever single one. So let's say I added 50 people I met at a networking event... I can email them all the same email, each personalize with their name, and then add in a custom message at the top. And I can track if they open/click on a link. And I can schedule it to go out whenever I want so they don't know I stayed up until 3am working. It's amazing.

What do you dislike?

It's lacking in some organizational features such as organizing email templates and such. Also, wish it integrated with "Send Out Cards".

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a free trial. Test it out and see if it works for you.

They say the best CRM is the one you use and the thing is, no CRM has ever motivated me to use it consistency besides this one. It's visually impressive and gamifys my daily actions. I also use it to manage my pipelines of clients and the same with current clients.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Contactually
Contactually review by <span>Ed N.</span>
Ed N.

SOOOO MANY BUGS!!!!!!

What do you like best?

Not much to be honest and had to end our subscription.

What do you dislike?

So many bugs. Ok to start, contacts don't sync to IPHONE. They say it does in the app but when you really ask, it is a one-way PULL. No push, so by definition, not a SYNC. My calendar does not sync with google calendar. It did once, but no calendar updates. Contacts are placed in Buckets, which are like filters, but when a contact moves out of a bucket, there is a history left on the contact that makes the contact show up in multiple buckets. So filtering contact via stages only kind of works. Oh, and sharing of contacts does not seem to work well between team members. We had many problems with this. Also, had issues with email signature scraping. Emails with multiple signatures really confused the program. I think they are using the full contact API, which works great, but not here. Also, contact duplicates were everywhere. and seem to ignore dupliate names and just look at email addresses. Emails from teams really confuse the email signature system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look a program with better support and integration with products.

Contactually created more than it solved

What CRM solution do you use?

Contactually review by <span>Richard E.</span>
Richard E.

CRM & Email Marketing in One. But not perfect.

What do you like best?

Please note that I was a Salesforce user before Contactually. SF is really just a database in my view. Unless you integrate a whole bunch of other stuff, it is not useful or easy to use. Contactually, by comparison, is super easy to use and helps automate common daily sales tasks. We trailed AgileCRM, ZoHo, InfusionSoft, Nimble and several others before settling on Contactually.

1) It consolidates all emails and calendar appointments from Outlook into Contactually. This means I can send emails from either Outlook or Contactually and they will show up in contact history. Any appointments from Outlook also show up in contact timeline history.

2) Good mobile app that allows me to dial my contacts then pops up a note-taking window to keep my history current. I can create tasks, send email using templates and more, all from my phone!

3) It allows me to create email templates and then create programs to automate the sending of drip campaigns. It can track, opens, clicks and replies to those emails.

4) The interface is easy to use and very intuitive. I didn't need a bunch of training to get up and running and producing value.

5) It is very reasonably priced for the functionality it provides.

What do you dislike?

It's not perfect but its really pretty good for the price and is giving us value. Will it survive long-term? I think that depends on how their development team and how much they improve the product. Longer term we want better marketing automation, more role based control over access to records and better reporting but price to value is high for us as a startup.

1) The email marketing automation (called programs) are weak. They can kick off a campaign and send multiple emails but there aren't granular controls over actions in the program. For example, if a user clicks a link in an email I should be able to set a series of specific actions as a result (such as creating a specific "call" task or setting a specific "tag" in the contact record). "Programs" in Contactually do not allow for this level of granularity and that is a miss from a marketing automation perspective. But typically you have to pay a lot more and spend a ton of time "learning" and integrating CRM solutions that do give you this. AgileCRM was much better at this but also had some real software glitches that were hampering our everyday work.

2) It has several "close" to really good features that ultimately miss. For example, the pipeline interface/deal tracking section is very easy to use but has virtually no reporting. You can see all sent "emails" (across all contacts) but have no way of searching/filtering those based on particular campaigns or status (opens/clicks/replies for example)

Recommendations to others considering the product

For us this was about time to market, value and price. It isn't perfect but we get so much value out of seeing all the consolidated history information and the simple email marketing automation that it so far has been worth it. Will it survive long term? I think that depends on the development team at Contactually. They need to make the marketing automation more robust and need to support much greater volumes of daily email in the future. For anything over 300 emails per sales person, you really need to add an external service such as MailChimp or MadMimi.

It allows us to keep track of all our activity around our customers and prospects. I can finally see a really great history of all emails, meetings, tasks and notes in a very intuitive interface. It is easy to set follow up tasks and stay on top of my critical customers. The ability to see when an email was opened, clicked or replied to is very powerful. The marketing automation programs, while not perfect, allow us to cover a lot more ground very quickly with our prospects as compared to must creating endless follow up tasks. I can send 6 emails spaced out over time for every new prospect and wind in several follow up call reminders into the mix. This is very powerful.

Contactually review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

Great CRM for real estate professionals.

What do you like best?

The best feature is that the system, by default, reminds you to talk to people at specified rates. Clients, or possible clients will stop falling through the cracks. My current favorite feature is that is logs calls (with the option to make a note) via the phone app. This is very helpful when trying to make an extra couple calls while grabbing a coffee.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing. A little bit of a learning curve for getting things set up and running but the customer service teams has been very helpful with quick coaching calls.

The main problem being solved is making contact with past clients and soft leads at the desired rate. Past clients improve referrals and soft leads become business next year, so both are very important. The program makes it very efficient to keep in touch with everyone and ensure people are not falling by th ewayside.

Contactually review by <span>Barbara C.</span>
Barbara C.

Outstanding!

What do you like best?

I love the bucket game! I won't spoil it for you, you'll have to try it by yourself. Ok, I can't resist! I've tried other apps in the past to stay in touch with my contacts but the worst part (and the most time consuming) was to get started. Classifying all data, defining who is who just takes forever. Contactually gamified it in a way that made it addictive. I was ready to go a lot faster and it didn't feel like I was just doing an endless boring task.

I love the ability to send an email to a group (all the people in a specific bucket) and how easy they make it to merge contact information, merge contacts, etc.

The interface is great and I use it often. Besides the price is very affordable for what you got. This is a must have app.

Oh, and I don't use it just for business. I am now able to know it's been more than 7 days since I spoke to my mom. :)

What do you dislike?

This is really a great app. I love everything about it. They've done an amazing job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You won't regret it. It's saved me so much time and effort. And I love to be on top of my business relationships so none falls through the cracks.

Mostly staying in touch with leads and clients. I've closed more deals and nurtured my clients more than before.

Contactually review by <span>Tzvika B.</span>
Tzvika B.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Effective cloud service to mange your strategic network

What do you like best?

Contactually is very good at the basics, keeping track of all your contacts and their details, sorting them to buckets. But it really shines in its method for making sure you follow up with the contacts, allowing you to set up strategies and rules, such as contacts from a certain bucket need to be contacted every 30 days, and keeping tabs of the audit log of all the past interactions.

What do you dislike?

I think for a personal user such as myself, there should be a more basic entry level price point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy contactually to invest in your proactive networking. If you're just passive, then gmail and linkedin are sufficient. But you should be proactive!

I'm solving my own personal strategic networking - staying connected with the contacts i've accumulated over my career and maintaining those relationships in good standing, so that when I have a project and need to outreach to them, they will be there for me.

Learning about Contactually?

* We monitor all Contactually reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.