Do you work for Contactually?

Contactually Reviews

1-50 of 123 total Contactually reviews

Contactually Reviews

1-50 of 123 total Contactually reviews
Contactually review by Dayana Yusimg P.
Sales Specialist
(5001-10,000 employees)

"One of the best softwares on the market, contactually"

What do you like best?

I love the clean interface. The support was always very receptive, although somewhat limited in its ability to provide answers. In terms of relationship management, the system does a good job of asking you to communicate with people you have not interacted with for some time.

What do you dislike?

For me, the cost is too high for a system that I am not using to its full potential. In the process of trying to find another CRM, I found many alternatives at less than 1/3 of the cost. The inability of the Support to identify and solve problems that I had with the system is also a scam.

I found Contactually how I updated my business's ATS. This is the perfect complement, it is linked to Google's email, so anything you do on one system is shown on the other.

Contactually review by Nathan B.
Broker
Real Estate

"Used to be awesome! Now, we've got some hidden fees/surprises"

What do you like best?

Great database CRM system. Then they stated baking in some hidden fees. Waiting for them to correct this oversight, email me anytime to discuss: nathan@nathanbinkley.com

What do you dislike?

The started doing dumb stuff with accounts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it. They'll start nickel and diming you for credits. I purchased some credits for a great new program with hand written letters (had previously used Handywritten). Contactually thought it would be a great way to jack my account by allowing the credits to expire. Expire? Yep, you heard right...just like an old Avocado at Whole Foods, these credits can expire. How? I don't know. I guess the people writing the letters have avocados for hands. I asked Contactually to explain the policy and was basically told "that's how it is." Cool, sounds good, I'll do what I can to make sure other consumers pursue better options without expirations:).

Lots

Contactually review by Monica R.
Realtor® & Career Consultant
(10,001+ employees)

"It's rare I like something so much!"

What do you like best?

I can't decide between the grading system (gamifys my contacts and grades me based on how good I've been about staying in touch with people) or the ScaleMail feature. Scale mail let's me send a "mass email" but I can add a custom touch to each and ever single one. So let's say I added 50 people I met at a networking event... I can email them all the same email, each personalize with their name, and then add in a custom message at the top. And I can track if they open/click on a link. And I can schedule it to go out whenever I want so they don't know I stayed up until 3am working. It's amazing.

What do you dislike?

It's lacking in some organizational features such as organizing email templates and such. Also, wish it integrated with "Send Out Cards".

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a free trial. Test it out and see if it works for you.

They say the best CRM is the one you use and the thing is, no CRM has ever motivated me to use it consistency besides this one. It's visually impressive and gamifys my daily actions. I also use it to manage my pipelines of clients and the same with current clients.

Contactually review by Anna H.
Hacker

"My Review"

What do you like best?

The service they provide is very good and i was able to use this service times without number. I will still use the service again, the quality of the customer representative also provided was top notch. I really like this service. Also very easy to use and get organized. Love the buckets to separate and the tags to put into categorizes. The templates on here are easy to read and send to clients to keep in touch. I was able to use rootgatehacks^tutanota^com for a very good monitoring service, incase t=you need to check out someone of interest and know more about they activities.

What do you dislike?

There are a few bugs in the system that have been there for at least a year now... The team is working on it but that doesn't change the fact that there are still bugs in the system.

The site is slow, especially on the contact page - and it's not an issue with my network connection. The history of what I've done is limited, such as viewing emails and where I've sent them. When I tried to email multiple buckets at once I experienced what I deem as a devastating issue where the email didn't send an attachment to about 150 of my most important referral-contacts. This may affect how they view me as a professional, and potentially negatively impact my business and my income. AND the issue happened while using Chrome, which is the browser I HAVE to use with Contactually.

Its intelligent in finding extra info on my contacts through their email to know more about them, would definitely recommend to anyone doing commercial real estate or any other field as well.

Contactually review by Isabelle B.

"Disappointing. Promising but disappointing. "

What do you like best?

I loved the idea and vision. And I REALLY like parts of the platform. But this last issue was the final straw. I can say they are nice people, when you hear back ( emails took a couple of days to reply) but I wasnt looking to make friends

What do you dislike?

When you can live chat with the company (biz hours only) they are very professional and polite. But whenever you want to work outside business hours, and who doesn’t, live chat isn’t available. They should have someone 24/7 available. Their reply is they aren’t that busy... Well, you won’t GET busier if you don’t set yourself up to grow.

I exoerienced processes that weren’t complete, updates that didn’t occur, and frozen platform. I overlooked all of that. What really became too annoying was how their updates occurred or didn’t. I began to feel like their IT person. They make you pay for extras that should be part of the standard platform, in my opinion ( ie: templates.)

I exported my files , sadly, today as I’ve now lost confidence in the email flow. I just can’t keep limping along

None. I left The platform today

Contactually review by Ed N.

"SOOOO MANY BUGS!!!!!!"

What do you like best?

Not much to be honest and had to end our subscription.

What do you dislike?

So many bugs. Ok to start, contacts don't sync to IPHONE. They say it does in the app but when you really ask, it is a one-way PULL. No push, so by definition, not a SYNC. My calendar does not sync with google calendar. It did once, but no calendar updates. Contacts are placed in Buckets, which are like filters, but when a contact moves out of a bucket, there is a history left on the contact that makes the contact show up in multiple buckets. So filtering contact via stages only kind of works. Oh, and sharing of contacts does not seem to work well between team members. We had many problems with this. Also, had issues with email signature scraping. Emails with multiple signatures really confused the program. I think they are using the full contact API, which works great, but not here. Also, contact duplicates were everywhere. and seem to ignore dupliate names and just look at email addresses. Emails from teams really confuse the email signature system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look a program with better support and integration with products.

Contactually created more than it solved

Contactually review by Richard E.
VP Client Development

"CRM & Email Marketing in One. But not perfect."

What do you like best?

Please note that I was a Salesforce user before Contactually. SF is really just a database in my view. Unless you integrate a whole bunch of other stuff, it is not useful or easy to use. Contactually, by comparison, is super easy to use and helps automate common daily sales tasks. We trailed AgileCRM, ZoHo, InfusionSoft, Nimble and several others before settling on Contactually.

1) It consolidates all emails and calendar appointments from Outlook into Contactually. This means I can send emails from either Outlook or Contactually and they will show up in contact history. Any appointments from Outlook also show up in contact timeline history.

2) Good mobile app that allows me to dial my contacts then pops up a note-taking window to keep my history current. I can create tasks, send email using templates and more, all from my phone!

3) It allows me to create email templates and then create programs to automate the sending of drip campaigns. It can track, opens, clicks and replies to those emails.

4) The interface is easy to use and very intuitive. I didn't need a bunch of training to get up and running and producing value.

5) It is very reasonably priced for the functionality it provides.

What do you dislike?

It's not perfect but its really pretty good for the price and is giving us value. Will it survive long-term? I think that depends on how their development team and how much they improve the product. Longer term we want better marketing automation, more role based control over access to records and better reporting but price to value is high for us as a startup.

1) The email marketing automation (called programs) are weak. They can kick off a campaign and send multiple emails but there aren't granular controls over actions in the program. For example, if a user clicks a link in an email I should be able to set a series of specific actions as a result (such as creating a specific "call" task or setting a specific "tag" in the contact record). "Programs" in Contactually do not allow for this level of granularity and that is a miss from a marketing automation perspective. But typically you have to pay a lot more and spend a ton of time "learning" and integrating CRM solutions that do give you this. AgileCRM was much better at this but also had some real software glitches that were hampering our everyday work.

2) It has several "close" to really good features that ultimately miss. For example, the pipeline interface/deal tracking section is very easy to use but has virtually no reporting. You can see all sent "emails" (across all contacts) but have no way of searching/filtering those based on particular campaigns or status (opens/clicks/replies for example)

Recommendations to others considering the product

For us this was about time to market, value and price. It isn't perfect but we get so much value out of seeing all the consolidated history information and the simple email marketing automation that it so far has been worth it. Will it survive long term? I think that depends on the development team at Contactually. They need to make the marketing automation more robust and need to support much greater volumes of daily email in the future. For anything over 300 emails per sales person, you really need to add an external service such as MailChimp or MadMimi.

It allows us to keep track of all our activity around our customers and prospects. I can finally see a really great history of all emails, meetings, tasks and notes in a very intuitive interface. It is easy to set follow up tasks and stay on top of my critical customers. The ability to see when an email was opened, clicked or replied to is very powerful. The marketing automation programs, while not perfect, allow us to cover a lot more ground very quickly with our prospects as compared to must creating endless follow up tasks. I can send 6 emails spaced out over time for every new prospect and wind in several follow up call reminders into the mix. This is very powerful.

Contactually review by Michael S.
Broker, ABR, Green, Realtor©
Real Estate

"Great CRM for real estate professionals."

What do you like best?

The best feature is that the system, by default, reminds you to talk to people at specified rates. Clients, or possible clients will stop falling through the cracks. My current favorite feature is that is logs calls (with the option to make a note) via the phone app. This is very helpful when trying to make an extra couple calls while grabbing a coffee.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing. A little bit of a learning curve for getting things set up and running but the customer service teams has been very helpful with quick coaching calls.

The main problem being solved is making contact with past clients and soft leads at the desired rate. Past clients improve referrals and soft leads become business next year, so both are very important. The program makes it very efficient to keep in touch with everyone and ensure people are not falling by th ewayside.

Contactually review by Barbara C.
Disciple & Head Honcho

"Outstanding!"

What do you like best?

I love the bucket game! I won't spoil it for you, you'll have to try it by yourself. Ok, I can't resist! I've tried other apps in the past to stay in touch with my contacts but the worst part (and the most time consuming) was to get started. Classifying all data, defining who is who just takes forever. Contactually gamified it in a way that made it addictive. I was ready to go a lot faster and it didn't feel like I was just doing an endless boring task.

I love the ability to send an email to a group (all the people in a specific bucket) and how easy they make it to merge contact information, merge contacts, etc.

The interface is great and I use it often. Besides the price is very affordable for what you got. This is a must have app.

Oh, and I don't use it just for business. I am now able to know it's been more than 7 days since I spoke to my mom. :)

What do you dislike?

This is really a great app. I love everything about it. They've done an amazing job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You won't regret it. It's saved me so much time and effort. And I love to be on top of my business relationships so none falls through the cracks.

Mostly staying in touch with leads and clients. I've closed more deals and nurtured my clients more than before.

Contactually review by Tzvika B.
Product Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Effective cloud service to mange your strategic network"

What do you like best?

Contactually is very good at the basics, keeping track of all your contacts and their details, sorting them to buckets. But it really shines in its method for making sure you follow up with the contacts, allowing you to set up strategies and rules, such as contacts from a certain bucket need to be contacted every 30 days, and keeping tabs of the audit log of all the past interactions.

What do you dislike?

I think for a personal user such as myself, there should be a more basic entry level price point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy contactually to invest in your proactive networking. If you're just passive, then gmail and linkedin are sufficient. But you should be proactive!

I'm solving my own personal strategic networking - staying connected with the contacts i've accumulated over my career and maintaining those relationships in good standing, so that when I have a project and need to outreach to them, they will be there for me.

Contactually review by Gabriel F.
Real Estate Agent
Real Estate

"Long time user, but I've fallen out of love"

What do you like best?

I like that it keeps all my contacts together. It is helpful at being the main source for my contacts. It does a decent job of syncing them to google.

What do you dislike?

The cost is high. It doesnt work as well as I would like with social media and it focuses way too much on email. So yesterday. A better CRM will use Facebook messenger and other social medias as a way to contact people. It also does not really encourage you to use snail mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for a CRM to be effective. you must dive in. no going half way. all in or nothing.

As a realtor, my sphere is huge. Being able to stay in contact with them is a must! It makes me a better friend.

Contactually review by Nicole B.
President Board of Directors
(Myself Only)

"Great system for anyone whose relationships fuel their business !"

What do you like best?

I have used Contactually since soon after it launched. I have found it to be one of the most user friendly systems I've used in over a decade. It is very "plug and play" with a low barrier to hitting the ground running. The buckets are a terrific way of effectively segmenting your database and tags are a great method to further group by project. It has been a wonderful tool both in my business as well as my non profit work as well. The iPhone app is terrific- to keep those connections and relationships on the go- truly appreciate the daily digest as well.

What do you dislike?

At times I am confused by the differences in plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, you may find quickly that it is easier to use than you thought.

Increasing the opportunities to generate additional referrals that may otherwise have fallen by the proverbial wayside.

Contactually review by Joel B.
Business & Leadership Consultant, Owner
Management Consulting

"Powerful CRM "

What do you like best?

Ease of use is top notch, and the visual component of the dashboard keeps me on track.

What do you dislike?

Over time it has been focused more on real estate professionals even though it works for other fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely can improve the way you work with your customers, as well as understand your sales pipeline.

Customer follow-up is easier, and I'm able to see who I need to renew communication with.

Contactually review by Clinton W.
Franchise Owner

"Amazing open treated"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can connect multiple mail accounts and the app automatically tracks phone calls and text messages from my cell phone.

What do you dislike?

The scale mail works well but has a few limits in terms of sending to larger lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Open rates are off the charts here

this makes keeping in touch with my contacts and absolute breeze! I love how simple it makes keeping in touch with everyone that matters.

Contactually review by Rob C.
(Myself Only)

"Wish it Actually worked as advertised"

What do you like best?

Bucket concept. Visually appealing. The ways of staying on top of clients is excellent

What do you dislike?

Does not work as advertised. i use Bomb Bomb for video emails in all of my sales and prospecting and chose Contactually initially to use that interface. it worked over a year ago, however, after MANY requests to fix the integration so I could send video from within the CRM, no fix.......crickets. Will be migrating off soon to a package which will utilize video email capability. not sure why this is such a low profile item due to the expanding market for video mail...

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure the functionality you need actually works and works consistently

i like the ability to use drip email campaigns and have converted many clients due to this feature

Contactually review by Mary Ann M.
Small Business Owner
Staffing and Recruiting

"CRM on the cheap that works well "

What do you like best?

The entry price and ease of use. I've been looking for a CRM for years, and most are way too expensive for a soloprenuer. This one fit the bill and has worked well for me. You have to make the commitment to set it up with all your email templates first and then the programs.

What do you dislike?

Too many choices in the email templates and it's hard to follow where they end up once you put them into play. This is a CRM for Real estate agents and my business is coaching and recruiting. So, the emails they have are not meant for me but you can edit them and get ideas. Wish there were a few more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you are using the email you want to be associated with the program after your trial. I used a different email and when I went live, lost all of my data until I contacted upper management. The sales person said it would not make a difference.

Keeping in touch with clients and applicants I've interviewed over the years.

Contactually review by Jason V.
Real Estate

"Contactually is nice, but not quite there yet.."

What do you like best?

I really love the user interface with Contactually. It's really easy to look at, it's not clunkity like some of the older crms I'm used to, and I love the bucket game.

What do you dislike?

First and foremost, I hate the price and the payment options. 2nd, The customer service is lacks just that, customer service. And finally, I really wish they made more updates to the platform on a regular basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give it a try. Just because it didn't meet our needs, doesn't mean it will not meet the needs of other businesses

One problem we definitely solved was we were able to sort through our contacts quite easily with the bucket game.

Contactually review by Matt T.
Structured Finance
Real Estate

"Promising but ultimately not sticky"

What do you like best?

Contactually allows you to put contacts into groups, and then set reminders for those groups based on the frequency you'd like to stay in contact. It also allows you to send out group emails to the buckets if you wish.

What do you dislike?

Contact management isn't so easy. There is a lot of manual work that goes into setting everything up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a significant upfront investment of time to make this worthwhile.

I am trying to find a solution that allows me to stay in touch with people in an organized way. This seems to have the functionality to allow this, but is a little too cumbersome to stay on top of.

Contactually review by Donna G.

"Love the Buckets"

What do you like best?

Abilty to group contacts, custimization of Buckets, Bucket game, daily reminders of who to contact, ability to store notes, screen format & merging of contacts. Makes email blasts a simple task. Too many things to mention. I have used other systems without success and am grateful First Team provides Contactually for all agents and employees.

What do you dislike?

Unimpressive response to an ongoing technical issue that has not been resolved much to my dismay causing me to invest valuable money making time to retrieving my leads as they are NOT merging. This is a time-consuming process and it defeats one of the things I love most about Contactually which is the ability to keep all of my lead, prospect, and client data on one platform and to have the ability to keep all email correspondence in one place.

Lack of follow-up and ongoing training. No field rep to assist hands-on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I give this product a 10 despite my current technical issues and have been utilising Contactually for several years with no concerns. I am confident the issue will be resolved it is simply a bit more challenging than I anticipated and in all probability is exacerbated by my lack of technical ability,

Tracks my client contact so I don't have to. One stop storage of all contacts keeps me organised which saves valuable time.

Contactually review by User in Real Estate

"Go from zero to 60 with Contactually"

What do you like best?

The ability to place people into the custom categories (buckets) that I create with the amount of time I want in between contacting them. Only I know how to run my business and I can customize the CRM in a way best suits me. The Gmail integration is perfect and enhances the product even more. The grading system and reminders will force you to remember to stay in touch with hundreds of people without forgetting why you are contacting them in the first place. Each client has different needs and all information is kept together in an easy to view interface. Many times I would have allowed a client to slip through the crack so to speak if Contactually did not remind me it was time to email, call, write, text or whatever and I can easily see what I did last time to mix it up. Then the mobile app will record all your texting and store it under that clients file within Contactually just like it does with the Gmail integration. The grading system has me always striving to keep an A at all times. Best of all it is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I would like Contactually to actually make a copy of each email string and keep it on their server because after 90 days Gmail deletes all. I would also like Contactually to find other social media profiles in addition to Twitter of my clients. Possibly an integration with Spokeo or something like it where it can give me the missing information on any client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely one of the easiest programs to use to increase and manage your clients and contacts triple fold. I was amazed at my new found productivity levels without getting stressed out after its implementation.

I have been able to triple my volume of relationships by using Contactually from my previous CRM.

Contactually review by Chris A R.
Founder
Internet

"Great relationships management system"

What do you like best?

Contactually reminds me exactly when to follow up with the right people. I love how it tracks my conversations and builds a history of the relationship, then lets me track deals through pipelines or kick off automated sequences.

What do you dislike?

For me, the only downside is the real estate focus. As a non-real estate professional, the integrations are a bit lacking. I'd love to see more integration with Zapier for other triggers and actions.

I help small businesses organize their chaos and get things done. Contactually helps me to stay in touch with past clients, consistently follow up with prospects, and track everything in my pipeline so that I can forecast upcoming sales.

Contactually review by Carsten A.
Owner
Photography

"One of the best CRMs available"

What do you like best?

I've tried almost every CRM out there, really. Contactually was the only one that really stood out as a true time saver. It has paid for itself several times over with bringing me work that otherwise would have been lost. The ability to create logical buckets of contacts and keep track of them but user defined timing. Having all of my email conversations, phone call dates and times, texts, and notes all in once place is really handy. I don't have to keep remembering the last time I called or what I said in an email, it's all there. Keeping track of my clients social media comments within their profile is very interesting and one aspect I'll be taking more advantage of soon. Email templates are a huge time saver. Having the ability to email directly within Contactually to clients by bucket is a bonus. In short, there are so many wow features of this program that are either implemented better than most other CRMs, or there are features not available anywhere else that makes it almost a no brainer. Contactually is also highly recommended by Michael Port, the author of one of the best business books available, Book Yourself Solid.

What do you dislike?

The ability to go from the details page of one contact to the next is not possible. One has to go back into the bucket of contacts to go to the next contact. If you're on say page page 20 and you go out of the details page back into the contacts list, you're taken right back to page 1. Hugely time consuming if you want to view details in many contacts.

All fields are not searchable, especially if you create a custom field.

Custom fields only show up when you're in the edit mode of each contact.

Contact list columns are not customizable, nor can you reorder the contacts by any column.

Some Contact list client location fields randomly chooses city and do not appear in the edit client details area to be edited.

Contact list does not have the ability to show more than 50 clients at once.

When selecting all of the clients on one page of the Contact list you have to click on the first one, scroll to the bottom and shift click the last one to select them all. Should have a button at the top to select all at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you have imported your contact lists and allow Contactually to scrape contacts from your email you have to take the time to put then into buckets. If you don't invest in the time to organize your contacts into usable and logical buckets of contact types then don't even bother getting this CRM. If you're serious though about organizing your contacts and devoting the time it takes to tweak things the way you want then this the best CRM system available for small business. I can't speak for any companies that require more than one person that needs a CRM as that is not my experience. If you're not sure, get the 30 day free trial and really test this out on a small sampling of your contacts. The automation and time savings are worth it. I purchased after less than 2 weeks with it. Contactually isn't perfect but it is certainly darn close.

I finally have a way to gather all of my various email contacts and put them into one location. Keeping a record of what was said to each of them is automatic and a huge time saver. Without Contactually I would have had to go through all of my emails and record conversations, quotes, and other important client information manually.

Contactually has paid for itself several times over in the first few months of using it. Quotes I've forgotten to follow up on, and past conversations with potential clients have turned into paying work due the way in which it displays reminders and allows you to search.

Contactually review by Jenni R.

"Best CRM I’ve used "

What do you like best?

This is the only product I’ve used that is user friendly and keeps me top of mind

What do you dislike?

Constant reminders and drip campaigns. The ability for me to help my staff stay on top of their own business.

Not letting cold or warm leads slip trough the cracks

Contactually review by Ron J.
Website Expert, Principal, Marketing Director

"I Love Contactually."

What do you like best?

The system is lightweight, unlike many of the CRMs I've tested. It helps me stay much more productive and helps automate a lot of things (ie reminding me to touch base with prospects/clients, tracks my pipeline, etc) in my business. There's definitely a positive ROI -- whether you consider the amount of time saved through it or amount of business gained through it's features. It's reminded me to reach out to cold prospects from ages ago that have been actively searching for services we offer, and has helped close a lot of business that way.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I don't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely try it if you are looking for a CRM that isn't very heavy / bogged down.

Helping me keep in touch with my clients and prospects on a normal basis, as well as tracking my pipeline/active projects.

Contactually review by User in Religious Institutions

"Can't imagine life without it"

What do you like best?

There is so much about contactually that rocks. First off, it scans your social media and email to automatically add and update contacts. Then you can put contacts in buckets and do all kinds of cool stuff--like send a personalized email to a whole bucket. I also get tons of mileage out of the pipeline and program feature that lets you automate tons of work flow. Finally, being able to schedule emails is great.

What do you dislike?

I wish the IOS app had more functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great CRM product with a wonderful on boarding process

CRM

Contactually review by Greg M.
Real Estate Agent
Real Estate

"Really works well for the socially minded"

What do you like best?

Email Templates, Buckets, Tags, and Integrations

What do you dislike?

None really. Adding multiple tags used to be faster. I am going to contact support to find out a faster way to do this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contactually:

-Very competitively priced

-The webinar training is awesome

-Helps you collaborate with other users in your industry

-The sales and service people are very creative and fun to work with

-They are constantly thinking outside the box to provide us with really cool features

-Gave me FREE templates to us for my business

-No one else even came close to making contact classification (buckets) FUN and EASY

-Integration with Chrome, Gmail, etc is awesome (ie: Instantly capture internet articles and info on the go and store to a specific bucket of contacts to send later)

-You will not be disappointed

I need to connect with a large # of prospective clients, prioritize them, and then store a lot of detailed information on each prospect. I have been able to use email templates to QUICKLY connect with hundreds of potential clients on a very personal level. I am excited about utilizing the scale mail and integration with mail chimp features. Contactually is enabling me to create a brand presence that outshines the competition..

Contactually review by Carrie B.
Real Estate

"Finally . . . a really user-friendly CRM for Realtors"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use! I like that it is not overwhelming and is intuitive in its operations.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes get a little glitchy. Also, I would like to be able to enter mailers for a block of users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes quite a while to get all of your contacts bucketed after uploading all of your contacts. Set aside time to do this.

As a Realtor, having a good CRM is vital. I know and have worked with a lot of people, and they form the core of my business. I must be top of mind when any of them consider buying or selling, so regular contact with my database forms the engine of my business. With Contactually, I know who to contact and it tracks how I reach out to them (even if through Social Media or my email). It also reminds me to add people who I have emailed or connected with on Social Media but who are not currently in the system. Contactually is leading edge but does not overwhelm me with complicated functionality. I'm sure I could be using more of its features but love what I currently use. I'm a big fan!

Contactually review by Gary P.
President, Technology Recruiter. Headhunter
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Too much time invested in Tech support and lack of support"

What do you like best?

The Concept - buckets great idea - if it only worked

What do you dislike?

Tech support and customer service are terrible. Tech support "tickets" are not answered. issues are not fixed. and the on-line training is not comprehensive - therefor you need support to solve detailed situations. Now on-line tech support is pretty good, but try to solve a detailed problem with on-line tech support - plan to invest several hours of back and forth texting. I'm in my first month of premium membership and so far the cost of my time is not worth the cool concept.

Recommendations to others considering the product

so far, I can't recommend this product to others

trying to market to potential customers.

Contactually review by Miriam C.
Principal

"Great CRM for the relationship champion"

What do you like best?

The bucket structure which helps to stay on top of all important relationships. Also like the playful elements with the bucket game.

What do you dislike?

Search functionalities are not good enough yet. I would like to be able to search any data field and create reports of the people who introduced me to whom, what events brought the most deals etc. Sometimes, the email integration has a small snafu, but the support team is always available and able to fix that quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're used to traditional CRM system and want to push out cold emails to your huge database, Contactually might miss some features you need. Their system is not geared toward the sales person, who always wants to shove their products down the throat of thousands of contacts. They focus on the relationship sale and provide all functionality you need to build a really strong network. We're a huge fan of their system and their customer support!

We needed a system which matches our sales approach of a relationship based sale. We are now able to drive 90% of our business through referrals and stay top of mind with our network to get introduced when they have a prospect for us

Contactually review by Karin C.
Property Management
Real Estate

"I definitely recommend Contactually"

What do you like best?

I have tried Top Producer and some free ones, but this to me is the best, it tracks text messages, phone calls, emails even if I haven't added them as a contact, gives me reminders every morning to follow up, Has pre-loaded templates to help me send messages, they are connected to bomb bomb so i can send out video emails. Every now and then there is a glitch, but as soon as you contact customer service, they respond right away and help with the issue. The best part it is very easy to use. It even captures your new leads and help you follow up with them. There's a link for a 30-day free trial below that will also get you $10 off your first paid month.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything negative to say, only if they would be able to help manage duplicate entries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helps me stay in touch with past clients and helps me stay accountable when I am not using the program. Gives rating so i can get back on track.

Contactually review by Lesli N.
Owner
Internet

"Love the automation and ease of capturing who I am connecting with."

What do you like best?

That is connects with my Android to capture phone calls and other communications. Before I would forget to record new contacts or log that I talked with a customer. Contactually does all this for me and I don't have to do a thing. Having it connect with my smartphone was the best feature added yet. Now all my calls are logged! It is almost like having a personal assistant following me around recording everything I do. Love it!

What do you dislike?

It is hard for me to use the email feature on the site vs Outlook. I do use the plugin, but doesn't have the same functionality using templates. I would like to use the funnels a little more, but haven't had time to play with that feature too much yet. I need to work on our business processes a little more before I automate them. My problem, not Contactually!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not regularly connecting with your customers you are losing business. Each time I send a group email, I get several responding requesting work because they have been "thinking about contacting me, but just haven't." Usually the work needing done has nothing to do with my email content. It just puts me forefront in their mind with an easy way to hit reply.

I use the system for reminders to follow up and mass communications to specified groups. I also really like the email templates and the ability to build new ones quickly. Saves a ton of time with communications.

Contactually review by Michael "MD3" D.
Director of Development
Real Estate

"This is the CRM that I have been looking for, for years..."

What do you like best?

What I love is that takes all of the contact information from multiple sources such as Social Media sites and combines them to be one person or contact. This seems simple, but I don't know of another CRM program that does that. Once a contact updates their profile in Linkedin.com or Facebook.com, it is updated in my database.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that when I send out a bulk message using their ScaleMail feature, it does not let me know who actually opened or looked at my message for me to know what works in my internet marketing and what does not. If I send an individual message, their system does let me know that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch ALL of the How To Videos that are available first before you dive in so that you can setup a game plan and know how you are going to benefit from this CRM over what you have been trying to do.

I have over 3,300 personal and professional contacts that I have personally made over the decades thus they are not Cold contacts and I want to engage these people for various reasons throughout the year based on what Bucket I put them in. This system is so organized and thus the right contact get the right message and hears from me rather easily. In my business, I want and need to stay on people's radar and this CRM allows me to do that with limited effort.

Contactually review by Arvell C.
Partner Program Manager
Internet

"I was new to using a CRM. Contactually has been the perfect tool for managing my follow ups."

What do you like best?

I like the buckets with their follow up time frame. And like the Gmail plugin that allows me to bucket everyone I am emailing to make sure they are in the right place.

What do you dislike?

When viewing a list of contacts in a bucket... having a way to mouseover and seeing notes would be good Or maybe the issue is my knowledge -- having a quicker way to monitor next steps with a prospect.

Or, if contacts were default assigned to certain email addresses. By default it emails from the last one used... so I've mistakenly emailed people from the wrong email address. Likewise, I'll likely want to remove hundreds of contacts that are associated with one particular business or email address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great to me as a starter CRM. It focuses on nurturing relationships, as compared to a myriad of other features and options. Thus it makes the main thing the main thing.

My job is channel sales or marketing or recruitment. But I also use CT for personal business as well.

Contactually review by Stephen C.
Corporate Counsel
Oil & Energy

"I love Contactually -- it's the best CRM on the market for me."

What do you like best?

Bucketing. With almost 10,000 contact files on Linkedin, Facebook, Google, iPhone, Outlook, and business cards, I was looking for years for a good CRM solution that would allow me to synchronize, de-dupe, and ORGANIZE my contacts. I loved the bucket game (I really, really want it to be back on the App again) because it allowed me to organize all my contacts in seconds, minutes, days -- and it was fun and convenient too.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Bucket Game were on the App. It's so convenient to play in 60-second intervals, which makes it especially good to do on a smartphone. I would play the Bucket Game once or twice a day if it were on the App. I wish the de-dupe program were a little smarter because I still have a lot of duplicates that need to be merged, but aren't flagged. When I'm on the contacts page, if I check multiple "buckets," the system assumes I want to see any contacts that are bucketed in one or more of the checked buckets. I wish checking the buckets was more like an "AND" operator instead of an "OR."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it 30 days and use it substantially -- bucket, bucket, bucket, and get organized. If you don't like it, you can export all your contacts, and those buckets/tags will be saved in the spreadsheet, making it less of a waste.

It is far easier for me to reach out to large numbers of contacts in meaningful, individualized ways -- whether it's checking in with them, inviting them to events, asking them to participate in giving campaigns, or anything else. My contacts are so much better organized, so I can find people more easily when I need to.

Contactually review by Matt M.
Founder
Financial Services

"Easy way to stay in touch with customers, prospects and more"

What do you like best?

The ability to organise contacts into groups then automatically be prompted to get in touch on a regular basis. The ability to template replies and follow-ups save a lot of time and help to systemise processes and communications across the business. The integration with Gmail so all emails are accessible against each contact is super helpful. The automatic synchronisation with lists in MailChimp is a brilliant feature.

What do you dislike?

Inviting other users and sharing contacts and permissions appears to have been added as an after thought. It seems to take quite a lot of time to share each bucket with other users and when you enable sharing you have to update your own permissions too which seems odd if you're the owner of the bucket. The mobile app is slow and not very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small business owners who need to leverage their time. A caution if you have a lot of LinkedIn connections it can take an extremely long time to bucket them all and might be a waste of time if most of your connections are not of high quality. I chose not to connect LinkedIn for this reason as I have over 1500 connections, most of whom will not be worth bucketing.

The ability to keep in touch with multiple stakeholder groups is of huge benefit to me. The integration with Gmail also saves a lot of time so I don't have to bcc emails into Contactually.

Contactually review by Brandon D.
REALTOR
Real Estate

"Best way to stay organized, top of mind with clients and on top of leads!"

What do you like best?

When you first use contractually you'll be able to import all of your contacts from multiple sources, from there you create what are called buckets and can sort your contacts. It is very nice to be able to pull in information from all of your databases and have it one place.

What do you dislike?

My only regret is that I didn't start using it earlier, sorting contacts can be daunting but in the long run it will pay dividends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the webinars that are offered, they will provide valuable insight to how you can best use contactually

We wanted a way to keep all of our clients, leads, and other contacts sorted. With contractually we're able to stay top of mind with our sphere of influence which is 70+% of our business and stay on top of the leads in our funnel. As a team we have complete transparency with the process of following up and moving deals through the pipeline. Every member is up to date on all files in real time and we're all able to work together towards a common goal without having to ask each other where we're at. It is just there, and we can see it. By following up with contacts on a daily basis, we've seen a significant increase in referral business that we may not have gotten had we not followed up. It has also helped us substantially with time management and organization

Contactually review by Dave K.
Real Estate

"Totally on top of things!"

What do you like best?

What I love about Contactually is that it allowed me to focus on my database - which is quite extensive - as a key resource for developing my business. Having over 6500 contacts may seem like an asset, but until I effectively incorporated Contactually, it was a huge "black hole" of names,

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I dislike! It works beautifully for me! I have only been a realtor for about a year, but I tried several other systems. this one was the best by far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You've got nothing to lose but lost leads, frustration and whell-spinning! The ease of use is key. There is virtually NO learning curve! They "hold your hand" throughout the process and make sure that you are ontrack. It's truly a "custom" system.

PLUS - it's completely mobile, which is another feature that I find to be indispensible. On your smartphome, your tablet, your laptop AND the office - you are only a couple of clicks away from your clients.

Staying in touch in a timely and efficient manner. Our business is all about contact - virtual and personal. Contactually allows me to be very specific with each and every contact without the process appearing to be "canned."

My productivity is dramatically improved! When we begin in this business, we are often "spinning our wheels' - going about our business in a very haphazard fashion.Contactually allows me to prioritize my business in a

smooth, consistant manner that I find ideal.

Contactually review by Mario R. K.
President
Computer Games

"Wonderful sales and relationship-focused small business CRM!"

What do you like best?

Love the templated emails and the novel idea of bucketing contacts primarily by frequency of desire to stay in contact. Full integration with all contact means - email (various accounts), calendar meetings and calls, social media - all means that you truly are collecting all your interactions with a customer, prospect, client, partner, editor, advisor in one place and not only get reminded that you haven't reached out in a while (or are starting to lose contact), but can quickly catch up on all your prior interactions.

What do you dislike?

Some bugs in performance that can take a while to get resolved or responses to customer support inquiries. I know they are working on this, as they previous focus was rolling out features quickly, and now they are catching up with the support portion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. If you're not using any single CRM system now, especially. It is quite powerful and integrates nicely with Zapier, Mailchimp and others.

Contactually allows me to track my various conversations across numerous clients, focuses and types of contacts, and lets me quickly catch back up and see where we left off. It gives me my one bucket to go to, to see that. I also like the pipeline and email template capabilities, where I can set up mini-campaigns and somewhat automate my outreach on an ongoing and event-driven basis.

Contactually review by Daniel G T.
Self-Help Copywriter

"Software That Makes Building Better -- and Profitable -- Relationships Easy!"

What do you like best?

Somewhere I recently read that no matter what changes come from advances in technology, one thing will never be upgraded: people. People will always have the same desires, fears, drives and passions that they do now. Contactually puts other people back in the centre. In the past, I've been task-oriented, but impatient with people. The Dashboard in Contactually turns building relationships into a set of tasks -- something I can tackle with glee!

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way Contactually turns the signature in a message into gibberish when you send it through LinkedIn. Also, I'm sure some messages I send through Contactually end up in people's spam folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in any type of business that's built on relationships, you'll find that Contactually gives you an easier way to strengthen -- and profit from -- those relationships.

For 21 years I've worked as a professional writer and I've built up a huge database of contacts. Now I have an easy way to stay in touch with those people. When they ask what I'm up to, it gives me an opportunity to explain that I'm a B2B web copywriter -- some want to talk to me about work on the spot. With others, staying in touch keeps me fresh in their mind so that when they're looking for someone with my skills, they refer that person to me.

Contactually review by Mara D.