ContentCal

ContentCal is a simple tool to plan, create and publish compelling social media content.

Work for ContentCal?

Learning about ContentCal?

ContentCal Reviews

Ask ContentCal a Question
Showing 12 ContentCal reviews
ContentCal review by Joel F.
Joel F.

"Thumbs up from us!"

What do you like best?

- Great interface - very small learning curve which is perfect for introducing new team members to it.

- Highly responsive support - they make you feel like a valued client, rather than just another customer.

- Intuitive platform - drag and drop rescheduling, custom content planners for not just social networks (our editorial team make extensive use of this), campaign labelling...

- Approval system for proofing posts before publishing - this is essential for us

- Priced competitively - most social media platforms are extortionate, especially for SMEs on a limited budget. ContentCal is the exception, without compromising on essential features.

What do you dislike?

No real 'dislikes'...

- Analytics is a newly launched feature, with a lot of work yet to be done on it

- Limited integration with 3rd party services so far (social networks and Bit.ly so far) - not a problem for us but might be for others

- User interface is basic - both a positive and negative. Small tweaks here and there would improve the experience

- No bulk-uploading functionality yet

We've finally found a cost-effective platform for cross-department planning of all outward facing activity - social, email, publishing, push notifications, and so on. It's a great asset to our team so far.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ContentCal
ContentCal review by Jack C.
Jack C.

"ContentCal has Improved Workflow"

What do you like best?

ContentCal has allowed us to create and publish content all in one place and has also helped improve our internal quality check where content requires editor approval before going out!

What do you dislike?

Like any web-based app, it does have its glitches and downtime which directly effect output. Whilst they’re not common they do still occur. The support is on hand to help and they are quick to respond. We also ran into some issues with LinkedIn publishing too, but as there is less of it we make do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really handy tool especially if dealing with multiple clients or an organisation managing content for a number of pages. Take advantage of the helpful blogs on offer.

ContentCal has helped us streamline the content creation process by allowing us to create and publish all our content in one place for our clients. This not only saves time but also, in turn, streamlines the quality check process by putting in place an editor approval process too.

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

ContentCal review by Paul I.
Paul I.

"Finally, a helpful tool for agencies to manage multiple content calendars with their clients"

What do you like best?

The transparency that ContentCal provides to my clients. Allowing them to visibly see the content plan, and give them the option to approve it means my team don't waste time trying to share spreadsheets and exchanging emails. I love the flexibility that the approval process offers: some of my clients are just happy for us to publish, but others need to sign it off because of industry restrictions (e.g. legal) - using ContentCal makes this process efficient for an agency.

I have also been after a 'pause' button for times of crisis. We used this the day after the Manchester Arena attack - it allowed us to consider all content without a negative impact on clients' accounts.

What do you dislike?

There's very few bits that I dislike. The scheduling to Instagram is probably as slick as it can be given the platform won't allow scheduling via desktop. So, that process could be better, but it's no fault of the ContentCal product. Authorisation tokens with the platform need to be re-authorised on a fairly frequent basis, but again, this seems to be the platforms being the root cause.

I needed a way in which we could show forthcoming content and allow clients to input without anyone having to chase people - I'd much rather my team spend the time creating more great output. ContentCal allows my team the space and efficiencies to do this. Totally worth the investment.

ContentCal review by Sam R.
Sam R.

"The user experience is a joy and so are the support team"

What do you like best?

Clean, simple, intuitive calendar design with a full record of previous posts and the facility to re-use them. Affordable pricing. Easy, colourful week-to-view that is pleasing to the eye especially with heavy usage. I dropped Hootsuite for this platform. Managing multiple accounts is a breeze with this software and it's easy to expand your team or invite a client to view and approve your work. The customer support is unrivalled in my opinion... They truly go above and beyond what you would expect.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike with ContentCal. Any feedback is taken seriously and acted upon where possible. There are a few improvements that I've requested (like analytics and a month/year view) that are actually being developed as we speak.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a truly intuitive post publishing experience use ContentCal as part of a suite of social media management tools and you won't be disappointed.

Before ContentCal I could not find a suitable platform for managing multiple social accounts in a format that was pleasant to use for long periods of time at an affordable cost. This problem is now solved.

ContentCal review by Gemma P.
Gemma P.

"Great tool - highly recommended."

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface that has all the functionality I need on a day-to-day basis. If I ever had the knowledge and skill to develop a content marketing platform, this is exactly what I would want it to be like.

What do you dislike?

All positives, haven't come across any negatives in the last 10 months since signing up; any minor issues I have encountered have been quickly and efficiently resolved with the support of the ContentCal team.

Having a single central place to store everything relating to content marketing is fabulous, making it easy to come up with social media content that fits in seamlessly with the wider content marketing strategy. It's just a great tool, and I recommend it to as many people as I can!

ContentCal review by Hete H.
Hete H.

"I just love ContentCal! "

What do you like best?

It is such a visual platform, its fabulous for Social Media. I love how I can easily move the posts around, reschedule and the preview how it will look on each platform. Finally, the fact that my clients can access it to review posts, is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

There is no @mention recognition for Twitter, but I am sure it will soon be added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, I am sure you will love it!

I can plan on one platform and my clients can review it. It saves me a lot of time on not having to create separate spreadsheets.

ContentCal review by Georgie G.
Georgie G.

"Beautifully simple"

What do you like best?

The calendar formatting is my favourite part of this tool. One look and you can see what posts are scheduled that day, for what time, the accompanying image and which channel. It’s simple, and it works. If there are too many posts for one day, you can simply pick them up and drag them to a different day. Approval is done with a simple click in a tick box, an equally pleasant and simple process.

What do you dislike?

It's a new tool, so there are a few elements and finer points missing, but I've heard that a lot of them are on the way and the way it works now is so brilliantly simple I happily recommend it! A URL shortener would be a fantastic addition for me, otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the short term, ensure you have an analytics plan for any reporting.

It solves the biggest issue I've always had which is sharing content with my clients. Excel and Google Sheets just replicate work and are tedious for everyone involved. Even if you're not using ContentCal to publish directly, it's still just such an easy way to share that content for approvals. It's saved me so much time and is a genuine pleasure to use. I've even found myself coming up with more ideas, and challenging myself to fill more gaps in the calendar!

ContentCal review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"I find Content Cal very fast, efficient and easy to use. "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. When I first started using Content Cal it didn't take me long to figure out how to use it. It has multiple functions that I find very useful - previewing the post, deleting the post, adding media, placing it on hold, moving the post to another day.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you aren't able to tag people on LinkedIn via Content Cal. Tagging is a very important and useful social media strategy and it would be great if you could tag people in each social media network within Content Cal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again it is easy to use, efficient and effective.

It saves me time, it allows me to see my social media content for each platform in the same programme. It helps me to become more organised.

ContentCal review by Beckie C.
Beckie C.

"Game-changing for social media managers"

What do you like best?

I love how intuitive ContentCal is. It improves the whole process of social media management, from creating content right through to scheduling it. It's easy to use, has saved me stacks of time and helped me to raise my game on social media.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if Google+ posts could be scheduled from ContentCal and I'd also like to see a character count for LinkedIn posts.

It saves time and makes it much easier to manage content schedules, avoiding mistakes and improving content strategies. It's also great to be able to share access to calendars with clients, although I'm yet to try out the approval process in ContentCal.

ContentCal review by Anna W.
Anna W.

"ContentCal as a publishing and organisation tool for content"

What do you like best?

The easy interface and calendar view, plus creating levels of approval is great.

What do you dislike?

The app is still growing with additional features added monthly. It would be great to have even more integration with lesser used social platforms but that's a small wait to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a look.

Easy access for clients to approve content prior to it being published. The app is great to include project notes and prep content in its early draft stage.

ContentCal review by Liam B.
Liam B.

"Amazing platform"

What do you like best?

The most efficient, time saving social media scheduling tool.

What do you dislike?

Video uploads can often be temperamental and fail to post

Time saving for both the agency and our clients - allows us to better collaborate with clients

ContentCal review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Fabulous"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of use, convenience, and re-posting options.

What do you dislike?

Due to internal problems on Facebook and LinkedIn my posts didn't go live as scheduled a couple of times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and see for yourself how easy the tool is!

Time-saving

Efficiency

Transparency

Learning about ContentCal?

* We monitor all ContentCal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.