ContentCal

ContentCal is a simple tool to plan, create and publish compelling social media content.

Work for ContentCal?

Showing 12 ContentCal reviews
ContentCal review by <span>Joel F.</span>
Joel F.

Thumbs up from us!

What do you like best?

- Great interface - very small learning curve which is perfect for introducing new team members to it.

- Highly responsive support - they make you feel like a valued client, rather than just another customer.

- Intuitive platform - drag and drop rescheduling, custom content planners for not just social networks (our editorial team make extensive use of this), campaign labelling...

- Approval system for proofing posts before publishing - this is essential for us

- Priced competitively - most social media platforms are extortionate, especially for SMEs on a limited budget. ContentCal is the exception, without compromising on essential features.

What do you dislike?

No real 'dislikes'...

- Analytics is a newly launched feature, with a lot of work yet to be done on it

- Limited integration with 3rd party services so far (social networks and Bit.ly so far) - not a problem for us but might be for others

- User interface is basic - both a positive and negative. Small tweaks here and there would improve the experience

- No bulk-uploading functionality yet

We've finally found a cost-effective platform for cross-department planning of all outward facing activity - social, email, publishing, push notifications, and so on. It's a great asset to our team so far.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ContentCal
ContentCal review by <span>Jack C.</span>
Jack C.

ContentCal has Improved Workflow

What do you like best?

ContentCal has allowed us to create and publish content all in one place and has also helped improve our internal quality check where content requires editor approval before going out!

What do you dislike?

Like any web-based app, it does have its glitches and downtime which directly effect output. Whilst they’re not common they do still occur. The support is on hand to help and they are quick to respond. We also ran into some issues with LinkedIn publishing too, but as there is less of it we make do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really handy tool especially if dealing with multiple clients or an organisation managing content for a number of pages. Take advantage of the helpful blogs on offer.

ContentCal has helped us streamline the content creation process by allowing us to create and publish all our content in one place for our clients. This not only saves time but also, in turn, streamlines the quality check process by putting in place an editor approval process too.

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

ContentCal review by <span>Paul I.</span>
Paul I.

Finally, a helpful tool for agencies to manage multiple content calendars with their clients

What do you like best?

The transparency that ContentCal provides to my clients. Allowing them to visibly see the content plan, and give them the option to approve it means my team don't waste time trying to share spreadsheets and exchanging emails. I love the flexibility that the approval process offers: some of my clients are just happy for us to publish, but others need to sign it off because of industry restrictions (e.g. legal) - using ContentCal makes this process efficient for an agency.

I have also been after a 'pause' button for times of crisis. We used this the day after the Manchester Arena attack - it allowed us to consider all content without a negative impact on clients' accounts.

What do you dislike?

There's very few bits that I dislike. The scheduling to Instagram is probably as slick as it can be given the platform won't allow scheduling via desktop. So, that process could be better, but it's no fault of the ContentCal product. Authorisation tokens with the platform need to be re-authorised on a fairly frequent basis, but again, this seems to be the platforms being the root cause.

I needed a way in which we could show forthcoming content and allow clients to input without anyone having to chase people - I'd much rather my team spend the time creating more great output. ContentCal allows my team the space and efficiencies to do this. Totally worth the investment.

ContentCal review by <span>Sam R.</span>
Sam R.

The user experience is a joy and so are the support team

What do you like best?

Clean, simple, intuitive calendar design with a full record of previous posts and the facility to re-use them. Affordable pricing. Easy, colourful week-to-view that is pleasing to the eye especially with heavy usage. I dropped Hootsuite for this platform. Managing multiple accounts is a breeze with this software and it's easy to expand your team or invite a client to view and approve your work. The customer support is unrivalled in my opinion... They truly go above and beyond what you would expect.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike with ContentCal. Any feedback is taken seriously and acted upon where possible. There are a few improvements that I've requested (like analytics and a month/year view) that are actually being developed as we speak.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a truly intuitive post publishing experience use ContentCal as part of a suite of social media management tools and you won't be disappointed.

Before ContentCal I could not find a suitable platform for managing multiple social accounts in a format that was pleasant to use for long periods of time at an affordable cost. This problem is now solved.

ContentCal review by <span>Hete H.</span>
Hete H.

I just love ContentCal!

What do you like best?

It is such a visual platform, its fabulous for Social Media. I love how I can easily move the posts around, reschedule and the preview how it will look on each platform. Finally, the fact that my clients can access it to review posts, is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

There is no @mention recognition for Twitter, but I am sure it will soon be added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, I am sure you will love it!

I can plan on one platform and my clients can review it. It saves me a lot of time on not having to create separate spreadsheets.

ContentCal review by <span>Georgie G.</span>
Georgie G.

Beautifully simple

What do you like best?

The calendar formatting is my favourite part of this tool. One look and you can see what posts are scheduled that day, for what time, the accompanying image and which channel. It’s simple, and it works. If there are too many posts for one day, you can simply pick them up and drag them to a different day. Approval is done with a simple click in a tick box, an equally pleasant and simple process.

What do you dislike?

It's a new tool, so there are a few elements and finer points missing, but I've heard that a lot of them are on the way and the way it works now is so brilliantly simple I happily recommend it! A URL shortener would be a fantastic addition for me, otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the short term, ensure you have an analytics plan for any reporting.

It solves the biggest issue I've always had which is sharing content with my clients. Excel and Google Sheets just replicate work and are tedious for everyone involved. Even if you're not using ContentCal to publish directly, it's still just such an easy way to share that content for approvals. It's saved me so much time and is a genuine pleasure to use. I've even found myself coming up with more ideas, and challenging myself to fill more gaps in the calendar!

Learning about ContentCal?

* We monitor all ContentCal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.