Contentstack

Contentstack™ is the leader in Headless CMS. Contentstack accelerates and simplifies content management across today's and tomorrow's digital channels, including web, mobile and IoT. The award-winning technology has been recognized by analysts as the future of digital, omnichannel content management.

Work for Contentstack?

Learning about Contentstack?

Contentstack Reviews

Ask Contentstack a Question
Showing 13 Contentstack reviews
Contentstack review by Kristyn L.
Kristyn L.

"Contentstack has made my job so much easier"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Contentstack makes it to control and change content. Many of my team members have been able to figure out how to use the platform on their own with little to no training. I love the simplicity and flexibility of the platform. It makes it not only easy to use, but versatile enough to match the needs of our website.

What do you dislike?

As I use the platform, I think there is room for more features and additional user experience improvements. However, the support team is extremely open and eager to hearing these suggestions, and new features are constantly being rolled out.

When we decided to do an overhaul of our entire website, we were looking for a CMS that would keep things simple and user-friendly for storing our content while allowing us to have freedom when it came to the actual development of the website.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Contentstack
Contentstack review by Tracey M.
Tracey M.

"Best content management"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy Contentstack because of its ease of use and ability to be super flexible. It integrates easily with my Salesforce, and allows me to collect the big data I need to know what is going on on my website.

What do you dislike?

I've found nothing I dislike about Contentstack. The easy to understand dashboard, and ease of inputting new content make updating any of the pages easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want seamless control between desktop and mobile applications, this is what you wan to be using.

My sites hosta a global directory of anti violence organizations. With the help of Contentstack I am able to track which records are looked at, for how long, if there is a specific region getting more attention than others, and the ability to make new resources available on the website by only working in my Salesforce instance.

What Headless CMS solution do you use?

Contentstack review by Administrator

"Great option as a flexible headless CMS for many types of applications and services"

What do you like best?

Well thought out and designed interface. Makes it very easy to configure content types with many different types of fields and options. Nested and optionally multiple grouping was one of the features that makes Content Stack stand out. Unlike some other options CMS is not blog oriented and easily to understand JSON output can be used and shared across multiple services.

What do you dislike?

In the past scheduling entries to be published at future dates has been confusing for some of our content creators if edits are made after a post has been scheduled. Need to be careful modifying existing fields in established content types to avoid accidentally losing data. I hear this is an improvement they are working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Saves the trouble of having to build a custom backend and just focus on the frontend and user facing aspects of your app or site.

There are many benefits of having a headless CMS that just outputs json and associated assets. Solved our need to serve static content but retain the ability for content creators to make edits without engineering assistance.

Contentstack review by Jason R.
Jason R.

"Content Stack Changes the Game Company-Wide"

What do you like best?

Content stack has saved my company a lot of time and money by making it easy to deploy and manage user-facing content across my organization. My Developers love it because it was easy to deploy and fast; my marketing team loves it because they can go in and update content on their own. I had my developers build a custom-landing-page template builder on top of content stack so that the marketing team can drag and drop modules, and then Content Stack populates the modules with data. Super slick. We use content stack to run the bulk of the website, to build landing pages, and to run our blog. It's been a great tool for us and everyone in the organization loves it.

What do you dislike?

I think that there's still some room for the User Interface to be as intuitive as the consumer (b2c) products in the space.

Content stack has given us the usability of off-domain consumer-grade products while allowing us the SEO benefits of having content on our domain. That's been the biggest win.

Contentstack review by Alberto H.
Alberto H.

"The unique supporting content"

What do you like best?

The easy way to deliver digital content and the multiple interactions by using it on mobile, by the web or and wherever you are. I like the applications development it has that gives the chance to review any content.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the cost per month, it is too expensive to pay for only a monthly rate, it could be mnore accessible to the people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the software even if it is expensive, it is easy of use and implement.

It has helped me with all the content I have managed across my job, editing and posting announces. It has the tools that I have needed to create new contents.

Contentstack review by Melissa M.
Melissa M.

"ContentStack Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to deploy, easy to use at every level, and it helps us push push digital content quickly saving us alot of time.

What do you dislike?

There's nt much to complain about yet. I would appreciate more customized features in the future though!

We use this as our primary (and only) CMS tool for managing and updating digital content.

Contentstack review by Marie L.
Marie L.

"Contentstack enabled me to update my content quickly and easily for my wedding planning business."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. The ability to quickly produce blog new content, publish and preview.

What do you dislike?

Contentstack was able to address all my needs for my website.

I was using wordpress before and it was difficult to update my site because I had to code and I'm not a programmer.

Contentstack review by Administrator

"The best CMS!"

What do you like best?

Contentstack has allowed us to be increasingly flexible and creative in our development efforts while at the same time significantly reducing the number of tickets in our backlog by enabling our stakeholders to manage their content. The audit logs and detailed user management allow us to monitor when changes are made as well as which user made the changes (awesome!).

The team at Contentstack is also fantastic. They are quick to help us resolve any issues we run into and are very attentive to our business needs.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about Contentstack that I do not like.

We have significantly reduced our backlog by giving stakeholders the ability to own their content on our web properties.

Contentstack review by Sylvie S.
Sylvie S.

"A CMS that requires little to no training!"

What do you like best?

Making updates is fast and easy! I like how easy it is to preview on staging and then pushing to the live site.

What do you dislike?

That not everyone uses this awesome CMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should at least see a demo. One of the nicest things about contentstack.io is that you can customize how the system is built. It's flexible and logical.

We were using a platform not meant to be a CMS (WordPress) and it didn't have a true staging site, so updates had to be done twice; this introduces errors in real time!!! Also, making the update required you to also commit to the repo. Not efficient. A simple web update that should take a few seconds, would take at least 30 minutes.

We realized that contentstack.io made all our employees happy and not afraid to make web updates. Anyone could do it and some didn't even have to look at the documentation because it was intuitive.

Contentstack review by Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.

"Contentstack is so intuitive, even a marketing manager can use it!"

What do you like best?

Contentstack is a (nearly) WYSIWYG CMS system that is so straightforward, users can ramp up within a day of training. I especially appreciate that we can specify limited access by business unit so that our stakeholders can make small changes themselves, thus feeling empowered and engaged but without breaking the entire website. The flow and the system messaging are really clear--again, even easily interpreted by a non-tech person. I have worked on CMSes where you needed a CS degree just to understand the error messages.

What do you dislike?

Not much, really--it works well. The only flaw might be that it's almost too easy to use, so folks who have worked on other CMSes can introduce errors by overcoding. But that's easily seen and fixed in the staging environment.

We build a medium-sized marketing website that has been localized to four additional regions. We're able to make quick changes across languages and locales with minimum effort.

Contentstack review by Alla O.
Alla O.

"One of the easiest and robust CMS systems!"

What do you like best?

Once technical part is done, it's very easy-to-use and very intuitive system. It's also is capable of producing the most advanced sites with a lot of custom requirements.

What do you dislike?

If you’re unable to commit development resources or can’t hire someone who knows how to integrate it, it may not be the best choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CMS requires the most technical expertise when setting up site. However, once it's set up it's super easy to manage and maintain the site. It also is capable of producing pretty advanced site. Customer support is outstanding and very quick! I definitely recommend it!

We needed complex, advanced site with a lot of custom requirements and this CMS was able to handle them all. I would definitely recommend it for the sites that require complex data organization and a lot of custom requirements.

Contentstack review by Kelvin B.
Kelvin B.

"Easy-to-use CMS with a very simplistic UI"

What do you like best?

I like the ease-of-use. Since I'm all about efficiency, built.io Contentstack helps me achieve that goal through a simple CMS interface. Changes can be made on a whim, and if I ever need something new to be added (something I wouldn't be able to do myself), the raw engineering team is extremely helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I can say. Everything about it is easy enough for me to understand and use on a daily basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like most CMS, new users should have relative experience with a CMS at some point to avoid information overload. Understanding publishing vs. saving, basic knowledge of HTML, and meta tags are just among the few things a user should be aware of.

Our site is content heavy, and through this CMS, I can manage and add new content easily. For the new year, we are beginning to roll out new products. New product pages are easy to create. SEO is also easy to manage as well.

Contentstack review by User in Computer Software

"Recently Re-designed"

What do you like best?

Visually appealing. Recently went through a UI redesign.

What do you dislike?

None that I see as a non-power user. I use it exclusively to post events to our website, and it functions perfectly for this task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure about ease of use during setup, but it's straightforward for non-admins to use.

I use this tool to add events and event links to our corporate website.

Learning about Contentstack?

* We monitor all Contentstack reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.