Contractor Accounting Software

Contractor Accounting Software provides control over costs and cash flow allowing keep your profits in place, with data capacity, user access and connections to the field, reporting, and more.

Work for Contractor Accounting Software?

Learning about Quickbooks?

Contractor Accounting Software Reviews

Showing 11 Quickbooks reviews
Administrator in Construction

"As an accounting software it works great!"

What do you like best?

I like the integration of purchase orders, bills, and bill payments. We also use sales orders which allows for progress billing so as to keep income tracking in the appropriate month. We also use it for time tracking for time spent on each job and integrates to payroll. Very efficient use of a single program.

What do you dislike?

The price keeps going up and up! I pay for the yearly service otherwise the price would be more up front and would have to be upgraded every three years or so as they don't continue to support payroll after that time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks accounting software is easy to use and widely used by accountants so this helps in sending files directly to them and them having the software to view it.

Not sure that I see the contractor's version as being better than regular quickbooks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Contractor Accounting Software
Quickbooks review by Janet R.
Janet R.

"Quickbooks is an asset"

What do you like best?

We use quickbooks for our bill pay and to balance our accounts. It is relatively user friendly and does pretty much everything we need it to do.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is not good. They are not responsive or helpful with training and issues. Would like easier access to training of use for software. I also don't like how things that are no longer valid can't be deleted especially categories.

It is good to have our multiple accounts together in one program that we can use to record expenses and keep track of P&Ls.

What Construction Accounting solution do you use?

Quickbooks review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The best part is being able to job cost, keep track of billing, and do payroll.

What do you dislike?

The system was not set up properly when we upgraded (the old manager did it incorrectly) and the accounting and job costing was not working. We had someone come and help us resolve this issue. If the system is not set up properly, it will not work correctly with the features we need to use.

I do not need to figure out how much our company or the employees need to pay, the system does this for me. We also know which jobs we are losing money one by using the job costing reports.

Administrator in Construction

"Great Tool for Job Costing"

What do you like best?

Able to have multiple projects for customers and still get accurate job costing.

What do you dislike?

Not online or mobile, but it is not a deal breaker with all the features it has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good solid software that will take you from estimating your costs to having solid data showing your costs.

I use the software to keep our jobs organized which build better estimates and help save on costs!

Quickbooks review by User

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the product because it is easy for accounting firms to record sales of our customers and create bills. You can also quickly check the reports

What do you dislike?

When you use the product for long time like 4 or 5 hours, it is frozen suddenly and you need to force-quit the frozen application

You can solve creating and paying bills with the accounting software easily. Also you can manage the employement for the clients. I have realized benefits, including saving time and managing many information

Quickbooks review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Great Product!!!!!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and support when needed. Love this product. It is easy to use and easy to navigate. Anyone just starting out in the accounting field is able to use this product.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about it. I am able to create the reports I want and need. Even have access to reports created by others

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone in the construction/demolition business. it is easy to use and does exactly what i need

Efficiency, easy accessibility to all in the accounting department

Quickbooks review by Haley N.
Haley N.

"Contractor Accounting Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage different divisions differently, searching customers, all financial information about each job conveniently located

What do you dislike?

I was hard for me to learn originally, and sometimes I still don't know 100% what I'm doing

Accounting for our department. I've found it easy to manage bills, collections, etc

Quickbooks review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Solid Product"

What do you like best?

I like how organized it keeps everything for me. I can easily access all of my company data.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the error codes i get every morning after my computer went to sleep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really get familiar with the product and it should handle all of your needs

I can go back into past jobs and realize where i need to charge more or where i can bring my price down a bit.

Administrator in Construction

"Its been a great tool for our company."

What do you like best?

Keeps everything organized and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

No complaints really. This product has worked well for us here.

User friendly you can use for the both vendors and customers.

Quickbooks review by Consultant in Building Materials
Consultant in Building Materials

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

The ability to organise job costs by vendor - and profitability

What do you dislike?

UI is confusing at times. Could make simpler stepped approach to using the tool for inputting and tracking

Figuring the cost to compete a job and working through the actual profitability. Also tracking expenses closer.

Administrator in Construction

"Cumbersome but, functional "

What do you like best?

That it emails invoices when the job is completed

What do you dislike?

It really doesn’t feel like it was made for contractors. It feels like cookie cutter software that was adapted, and marketed to service companies

Far better AR/AP control, real time access to a true financial statement

Learning about Contractor Accounting Software?

* We monitor all Contractor Accounting Software reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.