Convertkit

Convertkit is a marketing automation tool that delivers a simple solution for drip email campaigns and create easy forms and drip campaigns to automatically send mails to new subscribers.

Work for Convertkit?
G2 crowd marketing solutions   review 2 2x

Learning about Convertkit?

Convertkit Reviews

Showing 45 Convertkit reviews
Convertkit review by <span>Rachel K.</span>
Rachel K.

A ConvertKit Fan

What do you like best?

I love that I can sendan email to a small list of subscribers who are interested in a certain type of information. This prevents me from sending the email to people who are not interested thus avoiding spam complaints or unsubscribing.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no drag and drop functionality, because it makes it somewhat difficult for a person without technical skills to adapt to the system.

I can get up top of my email marketing needs with Convertkit thanks to their very useful analytics. The statistics provided by them has helped me make excellent business decisions. I can see at a glance if we are experience a dip in our email list, and make changes to increase my list. I can determine where my new subscribers are coming from and they use targeted list-building.

Converkit allows me to see the conversion rate (or how many visitors became subscribers for each list-building optin offer I create.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Convertkit
Convertkit review by <span>Jonathan T.</span>
Jonathan T.

Subscriber-Centric Email with Tags - New, but Good

What do you like best?

What I love most is that a subscriber can be given different tags based on links they've clicked, forms they've filled out, etc. And then those tags are available for segmentation.

They just unveiled a new visual automation tool. It's pretty powerful and it really helps visualize the paths customers are taking through our email sequences.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some simple things are missing from their offerings. For example, it's impossible to add a few radio buttons to an email signup form and have those trigger some tags.

If you're coming from MailChimp, you may notice a few things that seemed super easy on MailChimp that are just missing on ConvertKit. But other than that, it really is a pretty decent platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a relatively new player, and their focus is on simple emails. If you want fancy-ish templates and integrations with a million other services, MailChimp might be better for you. But if you're looking for a low-cost entry into subscriber/tag-based services, and don't need anything terribly flashy, ConvertKit is certainly worth considering.

We're sending our email marketing through ConvertKit. We've seen it help us organize our subscriber list, gain new subscribers, and communicate with them (mostly) easily and quickly.

What Other Marketing solution do you use?

Convertkit review by <span>Timothy F.</span>
Timothy F.

Robust Email Funnel Tool

What do you like best?

I love the simpleness of Convert Kit. It provides me a straightforward way to edit my email list. I am able to tag individuals, put them in sections and send emails out that trend specifically to that audience. We can also set up email sequences to new subscribers. The automation tools will take a new subscriber and allow us to tag them into a sequence, and then funnel them through each email and place additional automations to that email. If they did not open an email we can set them up in a sequence asking for their help to make a product more interesting. If they did open an email we can place them on a place to purchase a product. There are countless options that the automation tools provide.

What do you dislike?

The landing pages and the form customization is clunky and hard to edit. There are simple edits you can do but to make something shine, or be eyecatching, you will need to know CSS or html. This is pretty much the worst thing about the Convertkit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Convertkit is great if you are trying develop quality funnels for your subscribers.

We needed a way to track out subscribers and then market to them effectively. Convertkit does this. It provides AB Testing, and simple to follow analytics so we can develop funnels for all of our resources.

Convertkit review by <span>Charlene M.</span>
Charlene M.

Extremely poor customer service.

What do you like best?

The Wordpress plugin makes it easy to integrate the sign up forms on my posts, pages, blog sidebar. Unfortunately, being unable to import my mailchimp list to convertkit, it is useless.

What do you dislike?

Their support is not helpful at all. After assuring me that moving from mailchimp to convertikit was "easy" and that "We'll get it working for you! :)" they refused to help when I ran into problems. They moved 171 subscribers but refused to move the whole list of 918 subscribers. Instead, they referred me to their so-called experts who want $500+ to develop a marketing strategy(which I don't even want) after wasting a week of my time.

So far, they are not solving any problems for me. Just a waste of my time.

Convertkit review by <span>Michelle M.</span>
Michelle M.

Perfect for When You've Outgrown MailChimp

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create an automation, tag subscribers, and create sequences. I love being able to target my emails to the most receptive people.

What do you dislike?

Since it is a newer email service provider, there have been times when I've had issues with deliverability and emails not making it to the subscriber. I've always been able to resolve those quickly with the help of support. I don't like that I have to worry about it though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about InfusionSoft but feel like too much for what you need in your business, then I'd highly recommend ConvertKit. It's like InfusionSoft light and you don't have to hire someone else to run it for you.

ConvertKit solves the problem of keeping in touch with people who want to hear from me. It's a great solution for people who have outgrown MailChimp (or who are sick of paying double for subscribers) but don't need the power of InfusionSoft. ConvertKit makes it easy for me to tag subscribers based on the actions they take when reading my emails and this lets me create content based on those actions. More importantly, it lets me make offers to people based on their actions.

Convertkit review by <span>Allison B.</span>
Allison B.

Great low-cost email marking solution

What do you like best?

ConvertKit allows you to set up simple automations in order to manage your email lists. While this isn't the most robust system in the world, it is perfect for companies just getting started with email marketing who do not yet need all the bells and whistles that come with solutions such as Ontraport and Infusionsoft. I also love how you can create simple landing pages.

What do you dislike?

Their form builder is very bare-bones. I prefer Aweber in this respect, since you can design forms directly in their dashboard. With ConvertKit, you can only build simple forms, and need to do any design work on your website. They also do not have email templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The automations available with ConvertKit are VERY simple. If you need robust automation, you need Ontraport or Infusionsoft.

ConvertKit definitely saves money if you need simple email marketing software. It is less expensive than the more robust solutions, which have more options than most people need, but you can still do simple automations.

Learning about Convertkit?

* We monitor all Convertkit reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.