4.4 out of 5
Do you work for Convertkit?

Convertkit Reviews

1-50 of 69 total Convertkit reviews

Convertkit Reviews

1-50 of 69 total Convertkit reviews
Convertkit review by Everard B.
Business Analyst II
Accounting

"Convert Kit is a dummy proof automation tool"

What do you like best?

Convertkit has been a God send tool. The simplicity of making automations and not feeling overwhelmed in the back-end is hands down my favorite element of Convertkit if I had to rank the greatest element. Aside from the automation simplicity comes their customer service team and the countless resources that they provide to assist you with growing your email system.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that stands out as a dislike is that there are a lot of limitations with their email editor. I think having to occasionally having to use html does not align with their "simplicity" business/product culture. If I have to be honest, I think they could have possibly added another price range for people starting out. Maybe something along the lines of 10-15 dollars per month for beginners with a list of 100 or less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use an email automation system, but your reservation is tech saviness, Convertkit is a no brainer!

Convertkit has been a God send tool. MY journey began with Get Response and Aweber. Aweber was the old legend email marketing software that helped me to get the ball rolling in my business. I switched to get response because they had automations, however, the automations were far too complicated to keep my loyalty and that is what caused me to finally land with Convertkit,

Convertkit review by Asia M.
CEO & Founder
(Myself Only)

"Perfect for Solopreneurs and Bloggers"

What do you like best?

If you're a solopreneur, blogger, or content marketer and you just kind of need something that handle tagging, automation, and intake, ConvertKit is going to knock your socks off.

I remember signing up for ConvertKit (among others) and being wowed by how simple, but robust it is. It's packed with features you'll wish every email marketing platform had. Just makes it super easy for someone without a ton of resources to collect email address, send highly segmented emails, and keep an audience engaged.

Plus, the integration with WordPress was a game-changer for me. I didn't have to configure a bunch of zaps in Zapier or pay a developer to hook up any integrations.

What do you dislike?

ConvertKit is definitely a simplified version of something more complex like a Drip or Autopilot. It's not going to be able to handle super complex automations. It's also not true marketing automation (with lead scoring, etc), but that actually doesn't bother me as much.

There isn't a way to see visitor activity (for example, if someone visits a specific page or does something on the website), so it actually makes it a lot more lean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure what the roadmap looks like for ConvertKit, but I'd love to see features around visitor activity and sending emails based on what pages a visitor has seen or frequency a person visits my site.

I'm a marketer and a consultant, so I recognize the need to build an audience and keep them engaged. ConvertKit has saved me literally hours of time trying to figure out how to integrate everything I'm doing from a website perspective. The integration with WordPress saved me time and money trying to keep my email list integrated.

Plus, I can send emails that have the look and feel I want.

Convertkit review by Maurice H.
Social Media Manager, Music Marketing
(Myself Only)

"Convertkit - The worlds BEST email marketing service for bloggers. Period."

What do you like best?

All the features that you want to have as a blogger/marketer are right where they are supposed to be.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much. It is very complete. Maybe, just maybe a little bit more edit options here and there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A super easy to use email service even for people with low tech knowledge. Simple to set up and live within seconds. All the features you are looking for as a beginner, intermediate or expert in marketing online.

The integrations with other software like WordPress makes it a click and go email service. Automations are a breeze to set up. Very visually appealing, and super easy to edit when necessary. A great way to keep all the mail sequences live and still have the ability to change things.

Reaching my audience at the right time. Delivering great emails with no tech issues that take time.

Convertkit review by Rachel K.
Business Process Analyst

"A ConvertKit Fan"

What do you like best?

I love that I can sendan email to a small list of subscribers who are interested in a certain type of information. This prevents me from sending the email to people who are not interested thus avoiding spam complaints or unsubscribing.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no drag and drop functionality, because it makes it somewhat difficult for a person without technical skills to adapt to the system.

I can get up top of my email marketing needs with Convertkit thanks to their very useful analytics. The statistics provided by them has helped me make excellent business decisions. I can see at a glance if we are experience a dip in our email list, and make changes to increase my list. I can determine where my new subscribers are coming from and they use targeted list-building.

Converkit allows me to see the conversion rate (or how many visitors became subscribers for each list-building optin offer I create.

Convertkit review by Jonathan T.
Co-Founder
E-Learning

"Subscriber-Centric Email with Tags - New, but Good"

What do you like best?

What I love most is that a subscriber can be given different tags based on links they've clicked, forms they've filled out, etc. And then those tags are available for segmentation.

They just unveiled a new visual automation tool. It's pretty powerful and it really helps visualize the paths customers are taking through our email sequences.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some simple things are missing from their offerings. For example, it's impossible to add a few radio buttons to an email signup form and have those trigger some tags.

If you're coming from MailChimp, you may notice a few things that seemed super easy on MailChimp that are just missing on ConvertKit. But other than that, it really is a pretty decent platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a relatively new player, and their focus is on simple emails. If you want fancy-ish templates and integrations with a million other services, MailChimp might be better for you. But if you're looking for a low-cost entry into subscriber/tag-based services, and don't need anything terribly flashy, ConvertKit is certainly worth considering.

We're sending our email marketing through ConvertKit. We've seen it help us organize our subscriber list, gain new subscribers, and communicate with them (mostly) easily and quickly.

Convertkit review by Timothy F.
Owner Operator
Media Production

"Robust Email Funnel Tool"

What do you like best?

I love the simpleness of Convert Kit. It provides me a straightforward way to edit my email list. I am able to tag individuals, put them in sections and send emails out that trend specifically to that audience. We can also set up email sequences to new subscribers. The automation tools will take a new subscriber and allow us to tag them into a sequence, and then funnel them through each email and place additional automations to that email. If they did not open an email we can set them up in a sequence asking for their help to make a product more interesting. If they did open an email we can place them on a place to purchase a product. There are countless options that the automation tools provide.

What do you dislike?

The landing pages and the form customization is clunky and hard to edit. There are simple edits you can do but to make something shine, or be eyecatching, you will need to know CSS or html. This is pretty much the worst thing about the Convertkit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Convertkit is great if you are trying develop quality funnels for your subscribers.

We needed a way to track out subscribers and then market to them effectively. Convertkit does this. It provides AB Testing, and simple to follow analytics so we can develop funnels for all of our resources.

Convertkit review by Charlene M.
Artist
Fine Art
(Myself Only)

"Extremely poor customer service."

What do you like best?

The Wordpress plugin makes it easy to integrate the sign up forms on my posts, pages, blog sidebar. Unfortunately, being unable to import my mailchimp list to convertkit, it is useless.

What do you dislike?

Their support is not helpful at all. After assuring me that moving from mailchimp to convertikit was "easy" and that "We'll get it working for you! :)" they refused to help when I ran into problems. They moved 171 subscribers but refused to move the whole list of 918 subscribers. Instead, they referred me to their so-called experts who want $500+ to develop a marketing strategy(which I don't even want) after wasting a week of my time.

So far, they are not solving any problems for me. Just a waste of my time.

Convertkit review by Administrator in Legislative Office

"Makes Automation and Sequencing Easy"

What do you like best?

Email sequences are phenomenal. As a blogger and a person that writes ecourses, it's scary thinking of all the things that could go wrong. With ConvertKit, I feel like the instructions and the ability to preview the emails are so good that I can trust my emails will launch correctly without a doubt.

The instructions on each page are phenomenal. They have a video on each page talking about potentially confusing topics and an extensive blog that answers all your questions. ConvertKit makes me feel in control of the moving pieces in my content and I love that!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is how dated the form templates look. I hate that you can't make them look sleek or really customize the text size, position, format, etc. It looks dated. For a platform that has amazing features, it would be great if what our customers saw is as good as what we see and work with on the back end.

ConvertKit puts your product straight in the inbox of potential customers. It eliminates the step of having them go to your site first.

Convertkit review by Chie C.
Web Producer
Internet

"Created for Content Creators"

What do you like best?

Convertkit's simplicity in managing contacts is what makes them stand out among other CRM. Just because it's simple doesn't mean it doesn't offer a lot of features. With Convertkit, you can manage all your subscribers as one list and group them with tags.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the opt-in forms of Convertkit. It needs to be updated. When creating a form, there are times when it's quite hard to know because the instant preview doesn't show exactly what the form looks like. Also, the alignment is not as intuitive as other opt-in form in leadpages or mailchimp.

I've always wanted to merge all my contacts in one and easily group them by editing in bulk. Convertkit provided that solution to my problem. I was able to group them using tags.

I also like that I can create an automation funnel and see in bird's eye view the funnel templates.

Convertkit review by Jacob W.
Creator/ Owner

"Excellent Deliverability makes it worth it"

What do you like best?

I just started using Convertkit and open rates and click rates are highest i have ever seen across any ESP - i have only been using the product a few months and it usually takes time to build up email sender reputation so this makes it even more amazing

What do you dislike?

The product is limited and hard to use - you need to hire an expert coder to help figure stuff which is basic in most ESPs also support is sometimes slow and unavailable which makes someone who can help (and is usually expensive) even more important

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to budget time and resources to hire It who can setup basics - even the most basic forms are mostly not available via ConvertKit overall its worth it though if you have large list as deliverability is the main purpose of an email service provider -- so you should check this page out and find someone available who meets your needs and budget to help get you setup for the switch https://convertkit.com/certified-experts/

We have been through a lot of ESPs we switched to ConvertKit because of issue with high block rate and the performance has been very impressive at ConvertKit

Convertkit review by Karen H.
WordPress Consultant & Developer
Design
(Myself Only)

"Changed the way I send emails"

What do you like best?

ConvertKit is so easy to write emails and then schedule them. The Interface is clean plus I don't have to worry about the drag and drop not working because they don't have one for the actual newsletter so I can type, schedule and send. Done.

Another thing is that I can tag and segment my list so that people only receive content they are interested in. Which is super important no one wants to read emails that they don't want.

What do you dislike?

They are doing some updates so some new features still have minor bugs but I still think it's worth it over the free systems out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up and try out the free trial and really test the features.

With ConvertKit I am able to build stronger connections with my audience and get more personalized. I trust the company and what they stand for.

Convertkit review by Michelle M.
Speaking Business Strategist + Public Speaking Coach & Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching

"Perfect for When You've Outgrown MailChimp"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create an automation, tag subscribers, and create sequences. I love being able to target my emails to the most receptive people.

What do you dislike?

Since it is a newer email service provider, there have been times when I've had issues with deliverability and emails not making it to the subscriber. I've always been able to resolve those quickly with the help of support. I don't like that I have to worry about it though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about InfusionSoft but feel like too much for what you need in your business, then I'd highly recommend ConvertKit. It's like InfusionSoft light and you don't have to hire someone else to run it for you.

ConvertKit solves the problem of keeping in touch with people who want to hear from me. It's a great solution for people who have outgrown MailChimp (or who are sick of paying double for subscribers) but don't need the power of InfusionSoft. ConvertKit makes it easy for me to tag subscribers based on the actions they take when reading my emails and this lets me create content based on those actions. More importantly, it lets me make offers to people based on their actions.

Convertkit review by Allison B.
Content Marketing Consultant
Writing and Editing

"Great low-cost email marking solution"

What do you like best?

ConvertKit allows you to set up simple automations in order to manage your email lists. While this isn't the most robust system in the world, it is perfect for companies just getting started with email marketing who do not yet need all the bells and whistles that come with solutions such as Ontraport and Infusionsoft. I also love how you can create simple landing pages.

What do you dislike?

Their form builder is very bare-bones. I prefer Aweber in this respect, since you can design forms directly in their dashboard. With ConvertKit, you can only build simple forms, and need to do any design work on your website. They also do not have email templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The automations available with ConvertKit are VERY simple. If you need robust automation, you need Ontraport or Infusionsoft.

ConvertKit definitely saves money if you need simple email marketing software. It is less expensive than the more robust solutions, which have more options than most people need, but you can still do simple automations.

Convertkit review by Tom C.
Owner

"ConvertKit crushes the competition"

What do you like best?

I've used Mailchimp, AWeber, Drip, and countless others over the years.

Simply put, ConvertKit gives you as a blogger/online business exactly the tools you need and their e-mails actually land in your subscribers' inboxes!

The tools are easy to east and it is simple to set up. Their automation is very simple.

What do you dislike?

I would love a lead scoring system like Drip has, but there is nothing that I particularly dislike about the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It is the best one. Active Campaign may seem like an enticing fit for all of the automations, but trust me, unless you're selling a ton of products it isn't worth it. You need your email management to be simple and easy to use.

Email marketing that works. It has helped www.tomcampmedia.com a ton!

Convertkit review by Angie E.
Mrs.

"Overall great Autoresponder"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of using Convertkit is the tagging system. Convertkit is an overall reliable and affordable autoresponder. I do not consider myself a technically inclined person, but it found my way around this application fairly quickly.

What do you dislike?

I have had a handful of “glitchy” incidences (i.e.: broadcast did not send immediately, link not working properly in email, etc.) that we’re frustrating. Customer support has always been speedy and helpful though.

Convertkit is my primary autoresponder for my info. product based business. It integrates well with WordPress, and I use it often to create and deliver lead magnets, among other things. It’s an affordable way for me to keep in touch with my growing subscriber list, and it helps me to organize subscribers based on purchases through the tagging system.

Convertkit review by Kristen N.
(Myself Only)

"SO much better than Mailchimp"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is primarily a list based email platform where Convertkit is subscriber based. Which spells out to being 100% better than Mailchimp. I can easily organize all different subscribers into different interests, purchased products, and target sending sequences based on so many little things. It's amazing and I can't recommend it enough!

What do you dislike?

I wish they were a little less expensive. As a new business owner just starting out I still have less than 100 subscribers and so pulling a $30/month is a pricy, but I know in the long run it will be well worth it.

The biggest problem it is solving is not paying for duplicate subscribers like I would on a list based platform rather than just paying for subscribers once on a subscriber based platform.

Convertkit review by Parth P.
Tutor
Internet

"Easy to use and innovative"

What do you like best?

The broadcast and tag combination makes it easy to manage subscribers. I also enjoy the ability to tag and group subscribers into distinct groups, whether that's organizing by subscriber date or by email or by name, etc. This organization lets me email out to smaller sample groups instead of emailing the whole subscriber base and risking many unsubscriptions.

What do you dislike?

Too many features gets confusing, there are many layers to the software (which isn't bad, it just makes it moderately hard to figure the whole software).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use youtube tutorials to understand ALL the features, because there's layers to this. I would recommend also comparing your options as CK is one of many similar products, your selection should be specific to your business needs.

Outreach, subscriber organization, and emailing lists. We're able to tag subscribers easily and efficiently

Convertkit review by User in Military

"Convertkit is my go to recommendation"

What do you like best?

Convert kit makes it easy to set up newsletters, email autoresponders (visually) and the A/B testing is so easy to understand to someone who has a huge phobia of tech (like me.) When I was too lazy to set up a website, Convertkit was a lifesaver because they allow you to create landing pages and I was able to start collecting emails before I ever laid a finger on my website. I tried two other email systems before convertkit and the deliverability is waaaaay better. My email open rate went up but my emails didn't change. It's one of the reasons I am definitely sticking with convertkit.

Last, the support with convertkit is amazing!!! They are fast and super polite. There are very few companies whose support I am impressed with but they are definitely one of them. I had a billing error happen around June and they fixed it in less than 30 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Convertkit is missing some crucial things. The template selection is scarce, so I create my own which takes way longer. Seriously, I live for templates and they need an upgrade. I would love if you could set up your own domain like you can in someother programs. especially since you can create landing pages. I really wish the analytics were more detailed. Convertkit literally gives you the basics and thats it. At the very least they need to make it so you can integrate google analytics. I also don't like that I am so limited in the editor. Maybe that's what keeps the deliver rate sky high but I can't even use my brand fonts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone has different business needs, my only recommendation is do your research. I love convertkit for my business and if you want to switch but you're worried about how much work it will be, don't. They have a migration concierge that makes it soooo easy.

I am solving the problem of being able to send emails that actually make it to my email list. AND having a pretty self explanitory interface so that everything is easy to figure out on my own or look up.

Convertkit review by Stephanie L.
Marketing and Business Development Consultant

"Email List Has Grown Just By Switching to ConvertKit"

What do you like best?

For whatever reason, I get more opens and clicks and signs up just since I have switched to ConvertKit. It's easy to use, has all the features you want without the crazy price. I was very pleasantly surprised to find out they had landing pages as well!!! All i had to do was design the page in convertkit and install the plugin on my wordpress site. It then created the most beautiful landing pages for me.

What do you dislike?

Would be great if they had more landing page templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about growing your list, start with ConvertKit instead of having to move it over later.

I was not getting many sign ups on my offers and my open rate was extremely low. Both have increased since switching to ConvertKit.

Convertkit review by Dennis S.
Entrepreneur
(Myself Only)

"The Way Marketing Is Done in 2019"

What do you like best?

I have been using ConvertKit for over 3 years and I like the quick service and that CK is always listening to users and adding new features. It's so easy to use!

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could send messages by time zone. I can't think of anything I really dislike about ConvertKit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you go to their website and start with a free trial.

I'm growing my business by using email marketing to drive traffic to my websites.

Convertkit review by Tanner B.
Digital Marketing Manager
Graphic Design

"Great for email and automation"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to embed automations on client websites. It is nice to create an opt-in callout box on the site and Convertkit automatically follows up with an email chain.

What do you dislike?

I often find formatting does not carry over when I duplicate emails. The text often reverts to be smaller or takes on a different style.

As I mentioned before, we are using Convertkit to embed email automation chains on websites. My team and I have realized this is beneficial for gathering new email addresses and following up.

Convertkit review by Anika S.
Owner & Designer
Design

"An online entrepreneur that did a lot of research before deciding on ConvertKit"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to set up and use. ConvertKit really shines with their Sequences – automated email campaigns that can be used for welcome/indoctrination series and sales funnels. They are laid out chronologically by email, so you can see the entire sequence and the email content for each. I also love that ConvertKit includes landing pages and forms that are easily customizable.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had tiered pricing. $29/month seems steep when you don’t have any subscribers yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s especially great for bloggers and online entrepreneurs; I value its simplicity and it has all the features I need. However, for larger businesses it may not be the best fit. It’s not as robust as some other email service providers (e.g. no CRM).

Email marketing is key for most any business nowadays. It gives me a way to capture leads from my website and be able to communicate directly with them. Moreover, ConvertKit has been SO much easier for me to use than many other email service providers.

Convertkit review by Erin F.
CEO + Digital Strategist
E-Learning

"Email marketing made easy!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how simple it is to set up sequences in ConvertKit. I use them for everything, from email courses to sales funnels. Super-simple, and it puts my sales on auto-pilot.

Another favorite thing--each subscriber only counts once! No more duplicate counts for subscribers who sign up for multiple lists, which means I don't pay extra.

What do you dislike?

The interface is still a little clunky, and the documentation not entirely clear on certain aspects. But improvements are being made, and the Facebook group is very helpful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's totally worth it if you want to automate your newsletters or sales funnels.

I automate everything now--my entire email list. I never have to figure out what to send, I literally have an entire year's worth of emails ready to go, and no matter when someone joins my list, they get the emails they need in the appropriate order to build that trust, as well as ensure they don't miss anything.

Convertkit review by Asia A.
Founder

"Designed by bloggers, for bloggers"

What do you like best?

I've used SEVERAL email marketing softwares (MailChimp, Constant Contact, MailerLite) for both clients and myself and from experience, can say that none deliver quite like ConvertKit. It has the smallest learning curve of them all, in my experience. Very easy to setup landing pages and opt-in forms and sync them to my WordPress site.

What do you dislike?

The price is a little bit more than I was hoping, but I'm happy and willing to pay for it because I truly believe in and enjoy using the product.

I am beginning to build an email list for my blog in hopes of turning it into more of a business than a hobby.

Convertkit review by Kristen J.
Freelance Inbound Marketing Strategist

"Easy to use email mailer"

What do you like best?

I love that everything is one place: email sequences, opt-ins, landing pages, forms - no more having to link everything together! ConvertKit is simple to use - especially if you want simple letters with essentially no frills. There's no setup time, nothing to learn - you can just start sending letters.

What do you dislike?

My biggest concern is the lack of SEO options on landing pages. What advantage to me is it to use their landing pages if you can't edit SEO important fields (meta-description, page title, etc)...AND their lack of SEO overrides anything you do on a Wordpress page? You want people to be able to find your opt-in...which means you want it optimized for SEO. It's impossible to fully do that using a ConvertKit landing page. (Most of the time I use a naked form on a landing page built off my Wordpress page now.)

Also, remember the no frills? Sometimes I want frills. I'd love to be able to change text color without having to edit css each time. I'd love to be able to click to add a simple link to remove someone solely from a sequence, instead of the entire mailing list.

The best part about ConvertKit is the ability to send opt-ins easily - with very little time for setup.

Convertkit review by Bart M.
Founder & Managing Director
Management Consulting

"Automated flows have never been easier"

What do you like best?

Convertkit is rather basic in what it offers. Nothing too fancy, nothing too complicated. But that is why we implemented their solution very fast. We switched from Mailchimp for our mail automation needs and we were up and running in no time.

What do you dislike?

It is a rather small and startup-alike team. It means occasional downtimes and improvements on roadmaps that change from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something simple, that is not over-powered but simply does what it needs to do: send timed emails, Convertkit might be the easiest of em all.

On a regular basis we create a new website for one of our products and start sending automated mails to those interested. Creating an easy flow with the simple solution that Convertkit offers, we were able to convert many leads to engaging with us. It does not require you to work too hard to make it work... And that's a big plus.

Convertkit review by Mark Williams – C.
Managing Director

"Incredibly easy to use, with insane functionality"

What do you like best?

I LOVE using ConverKit. It's simple and easy to use and maneuver through. The functionality is insane. You get so many of the sweet automations that Infusionsoft has without the hassle of their software/customer service.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more visual way to go through and see what automations you've set up, like there is in some of the premium marketing automation platforms. But other than that, I've been using it for close to 6 months now, and I really haven't found things I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! You'll seriously be glad that you did. Don't wait! The functionality is insane, and there's even more that I don't even know how to use yet. So don't wait. Your business will thank you.

There are a lot of marketing automation/email marketing systems out there. But they are clunky, expensive, or confusing. Convert Kit isn't. It's easy, inexpensive (when you compare to the other systems), and it just plain gets the job done. I'd like to have ALL my businesses on convert kit.

Convertkit review by Krystal B.
Sr. Community Coordinator

"Better Than Other Email Options For Entrepreneurs"

What do you like best?

I think ConvertKit is perfect for someone like myself who is a busy entrepreneur and blogger. It doesn't have advanced features like other robust email platforms, but I don't need them. My main focus for using ConvertKit is to segment my lists (which can be done through tags) and create easy, automated sequences for subscribers. I like that I have one main list that I can break down based on products or even my different website categories. It is easy to set up, but it did take a little bit of time to nail down my forms and sequences. I no longer needed a separate landing page software since ConvertKit can also create landing pages.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be a little buggy, but everything seems to be easy to figure out. Their help desk will fix it quickly.

It solves the problem of trying to segment content out to my list tailored to their interests. I don't want to send someone interested in one topic emails about another, so I am able to easily do this in ConvertKit.

Convertkit review by Erin S.
Writer, Editor, and Social Media Consultant
Writing and Editing

"ConvertKit is a solution to so many email marketing problems~"

What do you like best?

Can I just say everything? Truly? After trying out other email services, ConvertKit has answered so many of prayers. I love that I can create opt in forms easily and keep them on brand. I love that I can created automated sequences and have them filtered to go to only certain people at certain times.

I love that they layout relies less on html which means my emails actually end up in the inbox instead of spammed!

What do you dislike?

I've had some problems with certain opt in offers delivering promptly. Now I'm not sure if that's ConvertKit or if it's just other peoples email services but I do occasionally get emails asking for me to send them their free gift... which ConvertKit should automatically do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's important to merge lists when you can so that you don't have people on multiple lists all the time. If you run an email challenge or something of the sort, merge that list into your main one. You also don't want to pay for additional subscribers if it's just the same person subscribed in 40 different places!

I'm able to offer free email courses to my clients and stay in contact with them weekly. Which makes my life so much easier! I love being able to offer that additional value to them while not taking any additional time from my schedule.

Convertkit review by Annie A.
Founder + Visionary
Graphic Design

"ConvertKit is simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

What's not to like? I like nearly everything there is to do with CK. It's easy, it's simple, it doesn't have a bunch of stuff you don't need and yet it's robust and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

They've had some growing pains in the past year and things didn't always work as they should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just want to build a list, email your people and not be overcharged, CK is awesome. If you want fancy email templates, unless you can code your own or want to hire someone to do it, you probably won't like CK. But I'll tell you - CK WILL increase your open rates because their templates ARE simple.

I love that CK only charges you per email address and not per list/segment.

Convertkit review by Bridget C.
President & CEO
Information Services
(Myself Only)

"Simple interface, awesome functionality"

What do you like best?

I love that ConvertKit lets you tag subscribers, so you can readily segment your email list for more effective targeting. You can use the tags to identify customers, potential leads, or unengaged subscribers, and target each group appropriately. I love that ConvertKit integrates readily with other platforms like Zapier and Leadpages. My entire business runs automatically thanks to these powerful integrations.

What do you dislike?

I wish ConvertKit had more analytics like other email platforms, so I could know the geographical location of my subscribers or more demographic data about them. Because ConvertKit only asks for first name and email address, sometimes the data is very limited. I wish I could get more information on where my subscribers live and how they are interacting with my brand to better serve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest the time into setting up your sequences and forms to manage subscribers how you want, so you can really take advantage of automations offered by this platform!

ConvertKit is how I manage all my customers and prospects for my online business. Using its sequences and tags has drastically increased my sales and made my business more profitable. It is easier to communicate with my subscribers and offer excellent customer service. Furthermore, because I'm readily able to identify unengaged "cold" subscribers, ConvertKit makes it easy to remove them from my list so my open rates stay very high (>50%) and I have an audience I know is interested in my products and ready to buy.

Convertkit review by User

"Awesome solution for our business!"

What do you like best?

ConvertKit is KEY to communicating with our audience and generating sales. The ability to create tags and segments based on interests is so important in making sure that we're not sending people information that they don't care about. We love the analytics and the ability to track email performance and subscriber details.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were a mobile app version of ConvertKit instead of just web-based. We've also had some issues with text formatting (specifically hyperlinks and bulleted lists) but nothing major.

ConvertKit helps us connect with prospective and current customers so that we can communicate effectively and drive sales.

"So easy to automate"

What do you like best?

What I like best about ConvertKit is it is truly easy to use. I've used other systems, but ConvertKit has a great tutorial, they use layperson's language so I don't feel like I need a degree in CS to figure it out. Because of its ease of use, I've been getting my newsletter out every single week. And, that's huge for me.

What do you dislike?

There's not much at all that I don't like. I wish they were better known because when I brought on a team member, she had no experience with it.

It's helped me with my marketing. I'm staying in front of customers, when before it was a pain to figure out how to send a new campaign, how to segment, and how to interface with my website. I'm able to do all of this myself with ConvertKit.

Convertkit review by User

"Great delivery, mediocre support "

What do you like best?

If you are a SMB and looking to send on a non-white labeled email platform this is a good choice. They obtain great delivery and keep a clean reputation.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is among the worst I have seen in the industry. Weeks go by without a response. Additionally, delivery team is very vague on what they expect to from you (stats and content) which makes it hard to be a responsible mailer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small mailer (less than 100,000 contacts) this is a cheap and excellent platform.

This can still be a viable option for larger senders however your mileage may very with support. The segmentation and template building is not as robust as something that you would see on competitor ESPs. The delivery still remains on top of the industry though.

Achieving delivery to hard to reach subscribers

Convertkit review by Amanda T.
Staff
Financial Services

"Love Convertkit"

What do you like best?

Convertkit makes it SO easy to segment our list and send emails to the exact audience we want. We switched to them for this reason and couldn't be more pleased.

What do you dislike?

Once during a launch, they had some tech glitches that was hodling up emails from going out, so that was very irritating. Thankfully we got a hold of them and they manually pushed the email out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're very easy to use and I recommend them to anyone feeling overwhelmed by their current CRM software.

Segmenting our contacts, nurturing them through sequences that are easy to automate, and making sales.

Convertkit review by Caitlin M.
Co Owner, COO

"Accessible Email Marketing for All Marketers"

What do you like best?

Convertkit is set up in such a way that it is easy to segment different types of people in your email list for maximum benefit to your marketing.

What do you dislike?

While there are landing pages and forms prebuilt in ConvertKit that you can utilize, some of the layouts could be tweaked to fit each individual business a little more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Convertkit doesn't often offer free trials directly from their site, but if you find affiliates, often they have access to a 14 day or 30 day free trial. Just poke around!

Convertkit is a game changer in marketing automation. In addition to welcome email series and launch or evergreen email automations, you can also send blast emails to your entire list or segment.

Convertkit review by Kori T.
Owner and Content Creator
Writing and Editing

"For All Of Your Email Marketing Needs"

What do you like best?

As a solopreneur, ConvertKit gives me everything I need in one convenient package. I can create the necessary follow-up campaigns, engagement campaigns, and monitor the interactions my audience takes with my email.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything. They're constantly making improvements to their product and they are incredibly responsive to their customers.

Having all of my email marketing needs met is huge.

Convertkit review by User

"So much to love....and hate about ConvertKit"

What do you like best?

I love the visual automations and tagging. I've used plenty of email marketing tools before -- Mailchimp, Drip, HubSpot -- and ConvertKit is powerfully easy.

What do you dislike?

Technical problems. So. Many. Technical problems. My story:

So I thought everything was humming along fine until I started getting emails and comments from my subscribers:

'Hey pal -- where's part 2 of the 3-part course I signed up for!'

It seemed that folks in certain sequences weren't getting their emails. In fact, some subscribers weren't even getting welcome emails!

So I complained to support (nice folks) and they said someone was on it. Well 11+ days later and none of the problems have been fixed. So it looks like I'm gonna have to switch to a more reliable email marketing system -- which sucks. Because it was easy to use.

Also: I dislike how when someone finishes a sequence, they call it a 'unsubscriber'. Makes things super-confusing.

If it works properly, it makes it easier to build complex email automations.

Convertkit review by Morgan A.
TuesdaysTogether Leader - Dayton, OH
Internet

"ConvertKit took my email marketing to the next level!"

What do you like best?

This platform is extremely user friendly and has amazing capabilities!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't care for is that I can't easily keep track of what form is attached to what sequence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is worth the investment. I was completely overwhelmed with MailChimp, but in ConvertKit it is very easy to connect the dots and nurture your email list.

ConvertKit helps me nurture my email list, which was something I could never do before. I am able to send people more of what they want to learn about, which is huge!

Convertkit review by Jordan R.
Author

"A True Email Powerhouse"

What do you like best?

ConvertKit is different from other email list providers as it allows you to manage subscribers not lists. It is subscriber based and as such is super easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about ConvertKit, except for the fact that the sequences are not intuitive and difficult to master.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it now, no reason to consider any other email service provider.

Click throughs to my website and products.

Convertkit review by User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Great for tagging and automations!"

What do you like best?

This service is great for setting up tagging and automations, especially when just starting out. It has made it very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Landing pages are very basic and not really structured for converting well. Some of the analytics are a little unclear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resource and I highly recommend it. If you have a page builder to create your own opt-in pages, you can easily overcome ConvertKit’s shortocomings there.

I am able to contact my list regularly, keep segments separated, organize webinar sequences and follow ups easily, etc.

Convertkit review by Administrator