Core

Core is an intelligent time tracking, project management, billing and accounting solution designed to help you increase performance through efficiency, streamlined processes and integration.

Work for Core?

Learning about Core?

Core Reviews

Ask Core a Question
Showing 59 Core reviews
Core review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"The best program for managing projects!"

What do you like best?

Using BillQuick, I have full mastery of my project budgets. I can easily see how much time has been put towards different project phases, who has put the time on the project, set different bill rates for employees, effortlessly run billing reviews, and more. I love the ability to fill out time sheets and immediately see how the allotted time impacts the budget. Being able to link project budgets with time sheets is what has made this program a staple throughout our company. We are a small consulting firm and managing project budgets to make sure we maintain profit margins is invaluable to our company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the program navigates when invoicing. I have to go into the billing review to draft the invoice, then go into the invoice review, and then and then and then. If there is an error in the billing review and I don't notice until I am at the end, I have to reverse the draft and start over. It should have a more streamlined billing process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent for managing project budgets and making sure employees accurately depict time spent on projects. The latter has helped us coach many employees when efficiency is questionable.

With BillQuick, I ensure my project budgets stay on track. I can monitor how long someone has worked on a project and determine their efficiency. I can also use this information to improve future budget proposals.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Core
Core review by Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.

"Good for Accounting Help"

What do you like best?

I think BillQuick has been helpful in keep accounting on track and organized. The site is clean and neat and easy to navigate. There are also many different templates and styles to choose from that make it even better. In using it, it has been easier to keep track and up to date on all bills and expenses. I am also able to plan a budget and track it.

What do you dislike?

We have not been using BillQuick for that long, so no major issues. I have experienced some slow time in using the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I skipped over the 11 minute walk through of the site when I first logged in. I would definitely recommend in watching the video as it helps go through the site.

BillQuick is helpful in keeping everything for accounting in order. Since everything is in once spot, I have found it useful in creating my monthly reporting needs.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

Core review by Manoj G.
Manoj G.

"Accounting made simple"

What do you like best?

BillQuick is the best software available for Project management. It has options for time tracking, through automated billing system simplifies many complex billing cycles, so one can easily manage company's purchase and expense bills. Also we can program to track the reports, plan the Budget, or sending the bills.

We can customize the reports as per the requirements, like for personal view or client presentation. We can also view multiple reports on a single window. It has different configurations to fit the business needs of various range of industries.

It has best user interface, which is easy to understand with detailed and explanatory descriptions, and has plenty of templates available for invoice. Also this software is available in multiple OS's like Windows, Android, IOS, which allows us to use the software from anywhere irrespective of the devices.

What do you dislike?

Many features of the software are confusing, even it confuses to set up our preferences and has compatibility issues with many programs. "Support team" should take responsibility to resolve this problems. Many times customer support people are not very responsive, and takes much time to get our problem resolved.

Also needs lot of fixes in various sections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your employees should be given proper presentation of BillQuick before they start using it. To make the process simple they should be advised to use the mobile app, to make the entries simple and for maximum utilization of the software.

Also there must be complete database of all the employees, clients and all the projects to keep the complete track of billing.

One of the main benefit is "Ease of access", it is easily accessible, we can use it through desktop software, android app, web interface and all.

We can create a huge database of all the employees, clients, ongoing projects, purchases, expenses, etc/- which helps to track the time and expenses of employees with respect to the various projects and clients.

Even calculation of monthly bills are made very simple using this software, which saves lot of time.

Core review by Sunder L.
Sunder L.

"BillQuick provides excellent features for time tracking, billing and expenses"

What do you like best?

BillQuick is a perfect solution for handling daily time tracking, billing/collection and project management related tasks. It simplifies any complex billing cycle, and has got all the features for recording time and expenses to provide invoices to the clients.

You can choose from over 150 templates for invoice to present the information in a beautiful and unique way.

BillQuick lets you process more than 20 invoices at a single time within a matter of few seconds, thus reducing the time and effort consumed for individual invoices.

The user interface is pretty clean and easy to understand having easy-to-read fields, explanatory descriptions and right-clicking capabilities.

What do you dislike?

In the General Ledger section there is an option for ‘Write Up/Down Adjustment’ which is built in, but actually it doesn’t hit a particular account.

Sometimes the Customer support people are too busy and you have to wait for a long time in order to get your query resolved. This area can be improved upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should attend an online seminar or presentation of BillQuick before you actually start using the trial. It will help you to know the product better and get familiar with it. Don’t rush in using the software directly. BillQuick provides you a lot of flexibility and you need to explore it first.

It is highly recommended as it is an excellent product for service based organizations where billing is done to the clients for the reported time and expense claims. It is a secure and flexible system to use.

BillQuick is used for all the time keeping and billing needs. I also use it for preparing the monthly billing as well as monthly reports.

It provides the option for using the tool through various ways such as desktop software, web interface and mobile apps which gives the flexibility to use it from anywhere anytime.

You can easily review the invoices as it provides various filters to get the specific information you want to see which in turn saves time. Also, the reports can be customized very quickly and efficiently as per the needs of the organization.

Core review by Arran C.
Arran C.

"Great product for all your accounting solutions having all the latest functionalities and features"

What do you like best?

Billquick allows you to program the things on which you spend most of your time such as sending the bills or receipts, tracking or running the reports and preparing budget cost. One can also view multiple reports simultaneously on a single window screen split into sections so that one can easily move around the sections and glance them without navigating to another screen.

It gets integrated with mostly all popular and widely used accounting tools for business such as QuickBooks, MYOB and Sage 50. It also provides the feature for custom integration with other applications.

It can be easily configured by the support team to fit your business needs irrespective of the type of industry. It supports business industries such as IT Consulting, Architecture, Engineering, Legal Services, Accounting, and Bookkeeping.

It can also be used from anywhere as it supports multiple devices such as Windows, Android devices and IOS as well.

What do you dislike?

No built in calendar application in BillQuick, it uses the add-on from Outlook to make time entries from the Outlook calendar.

Instead of showing the person’s name who has logged in in the invoice review screen, the name of the Project manager should be shown for the collection purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend the Enterprise edition of BillQuick for small startup companies to mid-sized professional companies having 10 or more employees who are in search of a tool to take care of their budgeting, reports and billing for their projects.

BillQuick has got tremendous features including Crystal Reports which lets you to prepare or modify the reports or invoices as per your needs. Tying up special reports/invoices to projects is pretty simple with no chances of them getting printed on a wrong template.

Earlier I was using Quickbooks which only allowed to create up to 25 invoices in a month. With BillQuick, I am able to create around 100 invoices in a month, which has increased the cash transactions in a month.

The service provided is of very high level and the response comes within the same day if any concern is reported to the support team.

Core review by Seema Y.
Seema Y.

"BillQuick is a perfect accounting solution for all your business needs with top quality features"

What do you like best?

BillQuick can be used for time collection, expense reporting, contract management and billing system for an organization. It easily integrates with quick books and flexible enough for easy validation between systems.

It provides automated reporting and easy access to required information. It drastically reduced billing base utilizing contract management and expense entry into the system. Moreover, customer issues are solved in a friendly manner. BillQuick is used for contractor profiles, employee profiles, time keeping, matter management, reporting and invoicing. It addresses all hour time and project management needs.

Its customer support is very responsive and friendly. Along with basic time keeping functions it also prepares comprehensive reports easily. With this purchase price it is a powerful package, well designed, stable and good security features. It can be understood quickly and its integration with Microsoft outlook had made time input more timely.

Field employees can enter time and expenses remotely with its web suit functionality.

What do you dislike?

It lacks the ability to invoice many billable items, also many billed items get removed from the system, and it amends the information from a new project with a cloned project. We need to pay extra for each and every report that our company need. Customer is not familiar with many of its features it lacks forecasting tools and customer service is a lengthy process.

It needs extra option in Matter Change module and more flexibility in formatting report. Many times BillQuick is not able to save time entries of the employees which fails its basic functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small company BillQuick is a one stop solution to all your time and billing invoices. It bills both hourly time entries to review so it is best used for hourly based organization. Human error can occur on a per doc unit billing because we have to manually manipulate the pricing and the verbiage to the memo.

It is an excellent tool for service based organization which provides time and expense bill to its client. It is a flexible and secure system which can be customized according to your needs. It is a big no-no for a company which needs to send a really detailed invoice to its clients.

BillQuick provides the flexibility to create processes which allow easy validation between systems. It connects to the consultant remotely via the mobile app or Web Suit module. Its supports automated reporting and access to information at their finger tips.

It has reduced the billing days from fifteen to almost five days with its time and expense entry feature. It is easy to understand, well designed, stable and feature-rich. It is best for employees to enter time and expenses even when they are at a remote place.

It has made employees time input more accurate with its integration to Microsoft outlook. It is a onetime solution for an organization’s time collection, contract management, billing system and expense reporting. For an hourly organization it enters the time of its employees and also provides monthly billing and reporting.

Core review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Helps me keep everything on schedule and save money"

What do you like best?

BillQuick offers some of the most flexible time billing and project management solutions on the market. I allows my company to increase revenue by reducing overhead due to more accurate time tracking. Also BillQuick allows for easy integration into 3rd-party software, which is great. I like how I never have to argue with my boss about how many hours I logged for this project or how many hours i should be paid for.

What do you dislike?

Once or twice I have seen hours not properly logged into the software, that is it displayed 11 hours rather than 10 hours and so-forth. I used this for software for a year, and this has only happened a few times. I can see that if this happens a lot, that it can be a huge problem for the company. I would use the trial and double check everything for a few weeks to make sure there are no glitches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have the proper accounts linked if integrating from 3rd party software

I am solving the issue of properly tracking my hours worked. This software allows both my boss and I to have the same record of hours clocked.

Core review by Eric G.
Eric G.

"BillQuick is more like BillSlow"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to sort my billing using different metrics. I can also easily keep track of my current billed hours and what $ that equates to.

What do you dislike?

The very slow interface, lost billing entries and timer function. The interface is very touchy and not user friendly when entering in data, and on top of this I need to export my billing every day to ensure nothing is lost. The timer function is nice in theory but there is no overlay function and it's extremely slow to get going.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a trial first, can be difficult to integrate.

The main benefit we realized is tracking voli hat a glance with the ability to easily export to .xls. However since I have lost records before I am very skeptical and spend a lot if time double checking billing.

Core review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Not the right Fit"

What do you like best?

BillQuick (BQE) is a very simple piece of software. It is built so that you can focus on everything based on a project level view. If you are looking for a Micro or Macro view of your business you are going to need other software to help you. However if all of your work is based and budgeted on a per project basis this can get the job done.

What do you dislike?

Pulling custom reports from this is like pulling teeth. Customer support is slow and unreliable and often times there simply is no answer to the problem and you have to move on. Lines of data will often times disappear and leave you wondering if you had ever entered them. I would stay away from this product if it all possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not. You get what you pay for with this product and I can not see it being useful to the vast majority of business.

BQE is currently our billing platform and all of the work that we do goes into it for invoicing. However for tracking costs it simply does not have the ability to do so unless you can assign them to a particular project, We have found workarounds for these issues but they are by no means perfect and we are missing so much efficiency

a.because we can not look into the data points we need

b. all of the time wasted working with technical support anytime you want something new done

Core review by Zachary H.
Zachary H.

"Love this Program for tracking expenses, time cards, billing and payment"

What do you like best?

The best thing is tracking expenses and billing on the go. Also, I love the time card to track my time on certain projects, track PTO and time off. My favorite concept of BillQuick is budgeting and managing resources in the program.

What do you dislike?

As of yet, I have not found anything i dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for a program that helps you in everyday business, while on the go, with expenses, budgeting, tracking, and billing, this is a great program.

For and my business, it solves on the go expense tracking, budgeting, and provides me the option to bill clients on the go.

Core review by User in Information Technology and Services

"BillQuick is a great product"

What do you like best?

It has got automated billing system where all the purchases and expense bills gets created automatically and can be reviewed and approved from your end or the client end. There is an option to organize default templates for statements and invoices according to the type of contract.

Breakdowns for utilization and billable work from employees can be easily viewed from the Reporting module. This feature is present in the Android and iOS mobile app as well which makes it possible to use it outside the service areas as well.

Since the projects can be from various countries, the amount transactions happens in different currencies from clients. BillQuick supports all major currency conversions accurately to overcome this issue.

What do you dislike?

Integration with Quickbooks is not very smooth, and you need to take help from the support team in order to get it fixed. This takes some time to get implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BillQuick is a very good choice if creating reports and tracking your finances are the major tasks you need to perform. It has got hundreds of reports which can be filtered out to get the details you need.

By using the Collection Center, I am able to retrieve all the information which I need instantly on a single screen. Information such as history of all the payments & finances, project related data and the account notes are all available for faster clearance and making informed decisions in the organization instantly.

Also, filling up the timesheets for a particular week has become simpler because for all the projects it gets automatically populated depending upon the previous week's entries and activities.

Also, all the employees in our company are able to do their time and expense entries using BillQuick even when they are not physically present at office and are at a different place.

User in Architecture & Planning

"Good Business Management Software"

What do you like best?

This program made it easy to record time to projects and print reports.

What do you dislike?

The way that you have to click on the item, edit, then save it is quirky - but once you get the hang of it it's not too bad. Also, we are a small firm and do not need all the featers this software offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider whether you will need to use the features it offers for your business. Decent software, especially if you're doing more than just tracking time.

We needed a way to track time on projects to allow us to plan for future fees and project load. The software has gave us the capability to accurately track time.

Core review by Amber T.
Amber T.

"Customer-Friendly Accounting Software"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and seemingly intuitive for the more basic jobs. The customer service is also great. It's flexible and easy to navigate. I also like being able to customize the reports to best suit myself and/or the audience.

What do you dislike?

Lack of compatibility with certain programs. It was also a bit tricky to learn how to set up my preferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know it and encourage others to do the same before you settle in to it.

Not having to use something difficult to figure out or logistically difficult (like Excel). A definite benefit is that it fits some of the more inexperienced accounting users without being "dumbed" down or frustrating those that are more tech-savvy.

Core review by Jack L.
Jack L.

"Great tool for scheduling "

What do you like best?

I love the simple interface and easy to use features that let me plan my employees tasks easily.

What do you dislike?

The professional package does not include some of the more useful features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase the Enterprise edition, it is much better than the Professional edition.

I was trying to solve our scheduling problem, I used Google Calendar in the past but I found BillQuick to be a better alternative.

Core review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"BillQuick"

What do you like best?

Captures time and expense data at the lowest level to facilitate multiple invoicing capabilities. Also, it is capable of allowing the use of different rate tables for different clients, and different tax calculations. There is a lot of the program that we don't use, like the estimate and budget functions, and the project centre, mainly because our technical staff have their own way of doing these things and don't see a need to change. But we appreciate that the capability is there, should we need to use it.

What do you dislike?

The reports. There are hundreds of them but not many of the ones we need. We use a few reports but find it difficult to filter them to get the information we're looking for. Also, the export to excel is very unfriendly compared with QuickBooks. You can either export the report with no formulas and many formatting columns, or you can export data only and spend time creating your own format and formulas. Also, the Americanisms are a little annoying - SINs in the wrong format, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We're a small company so it fits our situation. It may be less useful for a large company - more than 50 people.

The invoicing function is very good and we use it extensively. That is our main objective in using BillQuick, and it interfaces with QuickBooks, which we use for financial accounting. Benefits include multiple types of invoice for a variety of clients; corporate utilization information.

Core review by Liz M.
Liz M.

"New to You? Meet Your Easy to Use Project Managment Assistant."

What do you like best?

I came to ArchiOffice with sound database and office management experience, but without an architectural background. During my software training sessions, ArchiOffice personnel spoke my language, even when I couldn't speak theirs. Training and account management personnel are always positive, helpful and informative. The organization of the program has informed my growing knowledge of the field. I can't live without the integration with outside accounting software. Monthly webinars are informative and tie well into actual day to day use of the product. BQE asks for, listens to and responds to, client feedback and program wants and needs.

What do you dislike?

The Dashboard is under utilized because we can't really personalize it in ways meaningful to each kind of user. Both the Dashboard and the Calendar need an update. We need an app that works with mobile devices across provider platforms. If the program provided Gantt charts that displayed on the Dashboard, we couldn't live without them.

Our firm has experienced tremendous growth in the last two years that is still ongoing. ArchiOffice software has helped us realize our time and budget management goals. We have the ability to view our time and expenses in relation to our budget and goals, and manipulate that data to inform our budgeting and personnel decisions. Project Managers in particular have appreciated being able to track productivity and goals in real time.

Core review by Allyson T.
Allyson T.

"Great invoice tool "

What do you like best?

I like the great UI/UX interface of the product and its easiness in implementation. I particularly like how it makes my invoicing process very simple and easy to handle. I don't need to worry about account receivables anymore. I really like this product.

What do you dislike?

I think that for the expense management, this product is quite mediorcore-I don't see why I should use this particular function instead of choosing other expense tracking and management softwares. Other than that, this app is very competent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to ask for a demo.

I am solving the invoicing, billing problem and the time tracking problem. The benefit is professional service easy automation..

Core review by Erick M.
Erick M.

"After ten years of use, there's still little out there to compete with ArchiOffice for small firms."

What do you like best?

ArchiOffice is tailored directly to architectural practice and the way that we handle projects and invoice them. Previously you had to have a FileMaker Pro server or other in-house server dedicated to the software, making IT management a real pain, especially for a 4-person office where I as the Principal also do the IT. But we switched to the Online version recently and all that management went away.

What do you dislike?

After dramatic improvements in the first few years, upgrades in the past 4-5 years have been decidedly light-weight. For example, submittal tracking got added, but there's no place to enter a submittal number. There is a presumably huge upgrade just around the corner, so I'm hoping that many of the oddities like that will be addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Occasionally I'll review other project management packages, mostly because ArchiOffice upgrades have been too much "around the edges" for the last few years. I almost switched to BillQuick recently, since my main goal was to get away from a dedicated server in our office, and the high level of maintenance it required.

Then I found out that ArchiOffice was rolling out a web-based version, and that in 2015 there was a large upgrade coming. Being able to keep my data set of ten years, plus the promise of a new, broader product, kept me in the fold.

I don't see any other packages in this price range that have the versatility that ArchiOffice has.

We use the time tracking and time clock constantly. Architects wind up giving away too much of their time by marking down invoices, giving client a break, or simply losing money from not estimating time well. With ArchiOffice we at least track and capture every hour of work, so that nothing slips through the cracks.

Invoicing is a pain for architects, and I'm able to do many invoices in five minutes each if all the timesheet information is entered correctly.

We are able to see time accrue against estimates and caps, which helps us reallocate resources or adjust expectations part way through a project rather than at the end, when it's too late.

Core review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Saves the accounting team a lot of time!"

What do you like best?

We used to keep track of all the professional service hours on excel. But after implementing Billquick, everything is integrated! At month end, the Director of Services will need to approve the hours on Billquick. After my review, I will generate the invoices and send over to my accounting software (I use QuickBooks.). Its very easy to use, and accurate.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if Billquick can improve the user experience on this product and make it a bit more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to try out to the product and all the functions it has. Based on our companies needs, this software met those requirements.

With this product, we definitely saved time. This product was also able to give us better insights into the Professional Service divisions through reports.

Core review by Kevin L.
Kevin L.

"We've been using ArchiOffice for years and have recommended it to many..."

What do you like best?

From the get-go, its easy to get up and running. The support is great and a very feature rich program directed specifically to architects! Also, for us it has been reasonably intuitive, which is important as we don't like to read "how to" documents or instructions!

As I said above, we've recommended this program to our colleagues, which speaks volumes.

What do you dislike?

We are a Mac based office and when the program went to requiring a Windows operation system to run the server - we were not happy about that as we hate being a slave to all the updates required when running Windows!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know of no other program on the market that is as feature which for the value

All in one solution to project management, time tracking and invoicing.

Core review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Great billing software "

What do you like best?

It is a very user friendly product. I love that I can use it across multiple devices. The program is organized very well so it is easy for me to look at my data to know where I'm at.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment, it meets my needs. For what I use it for, it is the perfect solution. Maybe people with larger companies might not be able to use it as effectively .

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try it free before you buy it.

It helps me organize all of my billing which makes everything faster. I spend a lot less time trying to compile all of my data.

Core review by Jane G.
Jane G.

"ArchiOffice is an efficient tool for architects to track time, budgets and profitability. "

What do you like best?

Excellent "help" page for each screen with graphic details to understand every line. Outstanding support through frequent webinars; telephone and e-mail with fast responses and, when necessary, remote assistance . The technical support staff are quick to diagnose any difficulties and have patience, expertise and a sense of humor. Software designed by architects who understand the needs of architects and default items all appropriate and little need to customize.

What do you dislike?

We have integrated with QuickBooks but it would be so much easier if an accounting software was built in. It would be really helpful to have bank account tracking and reports all in one place. You need to learn the integrated tools with QuickBooks correctly, and this is where the technical support at ArchiOffice is extremely helpful. The 2014 update greatly improved integration by incorporating the latest version of Java.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you sign up for Gold support and participate in every webinar, live or recorded, that is offered. This way you will get expert instruction and not waste time "clicking" all over the screen. We found it useful to print out the Manual from the download and have it accessible in a binder with tabs for each section.

We only started using ArchiOffice at the beginning of this year but it is already helping in tracking consultants' fees and comparing time budgeted against time spent when a project has a stipulated fee. BQE sales made is possible to switch from an accounting software that was not designed for the needs of architects by giving us a big discount on our purchase late in 2013 and did not charge for the 2014 update. We realized the benefit of better software at a lower yearly cost than the unsatisfactory one we had been using for many years.

Core review by James L.
James L.

"My company uses BillQuick to track our time on every project."

What do you like best?

Once setup, I like the simplicity in which your time can be tracked and used to compare actual time spent to our allotted budget.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult for me to add a new client.

Realizing exactly how much time employees are spending on specific projects & adjusting our billing accordingly.

Core review by Internal Consultant in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Internal Consultant in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"standard product but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

i enjoy the ease of use in everyday functions. I have tried other software programs for various functions and this is one of the better ones for billing. Slightly above average.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i do not feel many of the features are useful for me. Nitpicking a bit but that's only real gripe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see for yourself. May not be for every single company but generally speaking, should be considered a good option.

I'm more efficient with my time and more organized with my expense allocation and usage. I like having certain figures laid out a bit clearer with billquick.

Core review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Great program that integrates well!"

What do you like best?

The multi user function and the security limitations that can be set. It allows employees to enter in their own time but disallows them from being able to interfere with any other billing component in the program.

BQE integrates great with Quickbooks. It streamlines our billing and let's me create reports beneficial to our financials so simply!

You can really make this program your own with all the options to categorize clients by groups, projects, billing schedules, etc.

BQE's customer support is out of this world. They are so helpful and do not stop helping until all of your questions and problems are solved.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have dealt with was that our BQ codes did not transfer over to Quickbooks correctly after we did some software updates. However, BQE customer support took our company file and made sure to remedy this issue.

BQE is great at helping me manage and stay on top of our receivables. The reports really illustrate the big picture and in the end help our bottom line.

Core review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Affordable and effective"

What do you like best?

This simplifies my billing and greatly reduces the time it takes me to do this work. Several templates available to choose from so that you can make it work for your business. Customer service is great especially during set up...answered all of my questions and walked me through fixes.

What do you dislike?

Takes some time to go through things and figure out what/how I want for the business.

Time reduced for billing so that I can focus on my business. Able to run things more efficiently

Core review by Jeff E.
Jeff E.

"Non-stop to Better Business Management"

What do you like best?

It can be a one-stop-shop for all your office management needs ... contacts, time, expenses, documents ... everything.

What do you dislike?

It's not really a dislike, it's a reality. If you don't commit to the setup and training, you'll waste time and resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in training and setup. You want to use it to its full potential.

Project organization and tracking. Once everything is setup, tracking and reporting on projects is simple and organization is taken care of.

Core review by Linda B.
Linda B.

"Software that Works - Finally!"

What do you like best?

I love how intuitive BillQuick is - the learning curve is very short and we were able to become proficient vey quickly. The support staff and training staff are out of this world. They actually listened to what we want.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could still open the documents that are attached after you have invoiced the expenses. I also wish that every phase of a project did not have to be "locked" for the "lock at contract" rule to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have and will continue to recommend BillQuick! Best software for engineering / architectural companies that I have seen or used yet! Very affordable even for small businesses!

With the data being available real time, we are able to keep much better control over our projects.

Consultant in Accounting

"PAINFUL IN EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE!!!"

What do you like best?

To be honest there isn't much I like about this product. If I had a gun to my head and had to say something good about it it would be that the it is easy to learn to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that we partnered with them, paid a fee to partner. During our first implementation they told our client that they didn't have any record of us as a partner. As we followed the directions of of the tech support team/engineers we encountered problem after problem. After what we thought was a successful implementation our client contacted BillQuick and they said the we had done EVERYTHING wrong and HACKED into the backend of the database breaking it. (We had only done what BQE tech support told us to do and actually ran scripts that they sent us) BillQuick then offered to "rebuild" the database for a small fee of around $5,000. I could go on and on about my dislikes for this product but suffice it to say that they dishonesty and lack of professionalism have cause me to regret my decision to use BillQuick and partner with BQE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DON'T DO IT!!

This product didn't solve any business problems. On the contrary it caused more. There are no realized benefits at this point other than the write-off for the software expense.

Core review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"billquick provides sophisticated time billing for small business"

What do you like best?

The ability to track time by employee and by job.

What do you dislike?

Switching billing model from completed contract to a mixed type can be challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using a manual system to track time, this is a great way to go to automated time tracking. It fully integrates with Quickbooks.

Tracking time. Easier to track time and not lose time from one period to the next through manual billing.

Core review by Catherine F.
Catherine F.

"Solid program that is always improving"

What do you like best?

BillQuick has a relatively easy to use and straightforward interface and their customer service is top notch. Whenever I call, I know that I will get high quality assistance from someone who knows the program. Their training sessions have been very helpful to our company, as well.

What do you dislike?

The security settings are very robust and are not as intuitive as I would prefer and that can be overwhelming, but BQE's trainers and customer support have been very helpful.

We are working towards the goal of doing all of our billing directly out of BillQuick to streamline our internal process. BQ has the added feature of integrating with QuickBooks, which will be very beneficial for this process.

Core review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Bill Quick"

What do you like best?

The assignments and fee schedules are helpful. Time sensitivity. Client contact options

What do you dislike?

There is not an early payment discount tool for invoices.

Some of the reports could have better filter options.

The reports do not export to Excel without all of the headers (page breaks), and since the sort option within BillQuick does not seem to be helpful, time is spent deleting a lot of unneeded cells in Excel.

The budget tool is not as simple as I need, and the contract field doesn't include everything I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it fits all of your billing needs - I would also recommend syncing it to your accounting software for ease of reports and comparisons.

Organization - we utilize the "phase" option for almost all of our new projects. It is a lot easier to track costs this way.

We will also start to better utilize assigning employees/activity codes to projects which will reduce billing errors - saving money and time.

"Unfortunate experience "

What do you like best?

I can't honestly say that there is anything I like about the software of the experience with the software

What do you dislike?

I have worked with QuickBooks and QuickBooks integrated products for over 15 years. BQE promised to be a great product that tightly integrated with QuickBooks. At every turn the QuickBooks integration was broken, difficult, or created data corruption. The integration documentation was almost non-existent and what was there did not work. As partners with BQE we followed their directions at every turn, and when things started not going well they claimed we were acting on our own. This is the most difficult software vendor relationship I have ever worked with and the effects to our reputation will take years to recover.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have written follow up of every conversation with sales and support - you may need it in the future

Unfortunately it did not solve any problems. Ultimately BQE software created more problems than we ever imagined possible.

User in Architecture & Planning

"Use this in our office - Good, Bad, Ugly.."

What do you like best?

It has a fairly refined User Interface and has improved over the year or two we have used it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing but trouble with running reports and it seems to have some difficulty with our directory structure. We have been working through a couple issues (including building a special directory only for ArchiOffice so it won't bog down too much with all the subdirectories and small files).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If at all possible, see if you can do a trial run in your office to make sure the data enters the way you expect it to. Seems like we kept getting the same question "Why are you trying to do THAT with ArchiOffice?" and so perhaps we are not a standard user?

It works decently for time sheets but we have not used many of the automation features of project management.

User in Architecture & Planning

"Archioffice is a powerful tool but needs to still evolve to provide the best product for its user."

What do you like best?

The ability to run reports on man-hours, budgeted hours versus actual hours, etc. is a big advantage of real-time trending rather than calculating after the fact.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I am logged out after just a few minutes of being idle. There is not the option to sort well on "logs" (submittals, rfi's, asi's). If I were able to sort by due date that would be a plus. Also, the ability to see all "logs" on the same page (possibly by scrolling) would be better than the page view navigation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although there are still bugs that are being worked out, ArchiOffice still exceeds the capabilities of other database programs and will continue to be updated on a regular basis whereas other programs may not be updated.

ArchiOffice has become a one stop shop for document records and historical data which we have begun to use to collect historical comparison information from similar project types to help us run projects more effectively.

Core review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Huge time saver"

What do you like best?

BillQuick allows us to reduce our administrative costs by significant gains in efficiency and has reduced the amount of manual data entry.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything negative to say about it.

time management

Core review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Decent Database and Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

BillQuick does a decent job of tracking all our project data and integrates fairly well will Quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is cumbersome. Any new reports or changes to old reports needs to be made in a third party report editing software. Also - when you set up Billquick on a network, you will need to point each machine to the correct directory for custom reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you determine ahead of time how you will handle your accounting. BillQuick is good for billing and time tracking, however it is not a full accounting solution.

We use BillQuick to track our projects, do billing and accounts receivable. We also keep track of employee time against each project and project expenses. This is a good tool for what we need to do.

Core review by Eric D.
Eric D.

"I use BillQuick on a weekly basis, it's very easy to use, and helpful."

What do you like best?

Easy to manage time spent on projects and sort them accordingly.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could have a little more control, like the ability to copy and paste some information because I enter a lot repeated projects on a weekly basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple but effective way to do billing and time tracking look no further than BillQuick.

Our company focuses on engineering solutions for PCB design and manufacturing settings. BillQuick helps figure out how much time we are spending on certain projects down to per Purchase Order basis which is really helpful.

Consultant in Accounting

"The product was acceptable, but the customer service and support of reseller team was abismal."

What do you like best?

The user interface was intuitive and easy to use

What do you dislike?

Their team lied to our client about our relationship as a reseller which damaged our relationship with that client and caused us to lose the client and thousands of dollars in services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering signing an agreement as a reseller, be sure to keep track of all of your documentation proving your relationship and all correspondence with their support group. We had to produce considerable evidence to prove to BillQuick and our client that we were in-fact a reseller of BillQuick.

We had intended to use it as a means of tracking time in a legal services firm, but will be looking for other solutions in the future.

Core review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Bill Quick"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, intuitive and use friendly.

What do you dislike?

reporting can be less intuitive and harder to generate exactly what I need

Helped bill time more effectively to various accounts

Core review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Perfect for a small business!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I am able to monitor fees along with the targets that are set out each month.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that the reports are not organized it takes me a long time to find everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it for your small business anything larger may not be able to keep up

fees, targets, billing, project profitability

Core review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Executive Finance Manager"

What do you like best?

I have recommended it to several other companies. BillQuick is a very robust system that allows for very accurate tracking.

What do you dislike?

I find the security settings to be very confusing at times and think that many of them seem to overwrite other functions that I wouldn't necessarily think would be impacted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool! I actually spent some time this morning chatting with another company who are interested in using BillQuick the way that we do. I couldn't say enough about it.

We are currently trying to work through security levels for higher level managers that don't necessarily include access to all financial data but does allow access to employee time and expenses for approval.

Core review by Chance H.
Chance H.

"Quick and Intuitive"

What do you like best?

Recording and reporting time and expenses is quick and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it didn't time out quite as quickly. I spend quite a bit of time logging back in after my session times out.

We're tracking man hours on projects very effectively which allows us to monitor profitability of our projects through the entire process to ensure that we're on track.

Core review by Ria S.
Ria S.

"excellent product to be used "

What do you like best?

we had issue working with billing but BQ has made worry free on quick billing and other issues related to money.

What do you dislike?

the interface is good but some time its hard to find the required function

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good one to go

payment, money transaction and invoice

Core review by Administrator in Architecture & Planning
Administrator in Architecture & Planning

"ArchiOffice does a great job organizing the process of running our firm ang generating our invoices."

What do you like best?

We used to work with a combination of Excel and QuickBooks. We’ve been with ArchiOffice for many years and through several versions of the software and have been very pleased with the product. The interface is intuitive and it provides all the functionality that we need. On those occasions when we’ve had technical issues in the past, their customer support has been very responsive and effective. I like that I can call a person I’ve worked with over the years and get the kind of support I need.

What do you dislike?

The installation is a bit cumbersome and really requires ArchiOffice support to complete.

We needed a program that would integrate the various products we were using to run our firm. ArchiOffice provided that software.

"Mixed results"

What do you like best?

Gives all staff much more and easier access to project data than the previous system we used. Makes time entry, review, and approval much cleaner than previous system.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is inconsistent. Some customer service/tech support reps are lovely, but some lack communication skills and are frustrating to work with. There remain several areas of record keeping/project management functions that we have tried to get ArchiOffice to do for us, but have still not been able to get to work.

1. Automating more accounting functions

2. Automating more project management functions

3. Making project management systems more robust, more accessible to more staff

Core review by Kellie R.
Kellie R.

"BillQuick Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of operating the software, whether invoicing, reviewing/approving time and expenses, or deposits. I love the reports and how easy they are to populate.

What do you dislike?

Not much...my biggest complaint would be with a couple of our customized templates, and I really fault the project manager for those. Sometimes I have difficulty with syncing between BillQuick and Quickbooks.

We were looking for software to replace Microsoft Dynamics because of the ongoing issues we were having with it. The benefits of using BillQuick are the ease of operation, the time it has saved in my day, thus allowing me to be availabe to help in other areas of the office.

User in Architecture & Planning

"Good database with clean graphics but a little hard to use and not easily customizable."

What do you like best?

The database allows for good data entry and stores information well. The charts generated are helpful for project tracking and management.

What do you dislike?

The reports are somewhat hard to use. They are not sortable by field and you cannot print reports with sorted categories.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use this product to track man hours and log data for contacts, shop drawings, RFI's, and generate time cards and expense reports. All of these elements are somewhat customizable through the tech support with ArchiOffice.

Tracking man hours in the database has been helpful and made simpler through ArchiOffice.

Core review by Anand T.
Anand T.

"Best product"

What do you like best?

OVerall easy process and east to navigate...

What do you dislike?

I do not think there is anything to dislike.

Ontime payments within organization. This software is very good for time tracking as well.

"Looks nice, works ok."

What do you like best?

Fancy GUI, Most Functional uses, such as billing, hours, budgeting time, phasing time, logging emails, and other items.

What do you dislike?

Many of the features such as running reports are clunky and error prone, such as trying to print a report to pdf, in ability to have active and inactive users in the database (meaning I have to scroll through a list of every employee that's ever worked at the firm)

Architectural Billing, submittals, time management, expense management, phase management.

Consultant in Accounting

"Inexperienced staff and faulty software"

What do you like best?

There isn't a thing I like about BillQuick

What do you dislike?

We used this software in conjunction with QuickBooks for one of our clients. Not only did the technical support not understand or find solutions to the ongoing problems, they were incredibly unresponsive. The list of problems with the software is extensive, the help to work through the issues was worse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it!

Finding other software and resources to help our clients bill their customers. Freshbooks is awesome!!

Core review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Working with AO 7 Years - A Great Program with Excellent Support!"

What do you like best?

Ease of Time and Expenses tracking on projects, and the ability to intergrate into Quickbooks all the data.

What do you dislike?

Loss of former functions, however the new options in the online version outweigh these losses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think all my rating would be higher, if I had more time to learn AO. There are so many great options and tools that we have yet to implement. Anyone considering should definitely utilize all their tools and online courses to understand all it has to offer.

Duplication of Project tracking with accounting software, this continues to grow each year eliminating double entries which result in mistakes.

Core review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Good all in one suite "

What do you like best?

Easy integration through sales, p.o. and order mgmt

What do you dislike?

Takes a bit of getting used to and awkward UI to begin with for traditional can type tool users

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it as a holistic solution than piece meal

Cpg

Core review by User in Financial Services

"I pay all my bills with BillQuick"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use with a great UI, and Im not tied to the limitations of my Bank

I can break down bills between types and payment options

Its secure and easy to use

It helps my college age kids pay their own bills

What do you dislike?

I havent found any dislikes yet still looking

Recommendations to others considering the product

its free to try

payment processing

"Avoid at all costs"

What do you like best?

The functionality of the system is great.

What do you dislike?

The Company is setup like most others to bring in revenues from consulting work. If you do not have them do the work they will not stand behind the product (if even from one of the consultants of their network). Poor form and a bad experience with the Company overall. There are plenty of time and billing choices out there - my advice is to find another one.

Needed an integration with QuickBooks. This product did a poor job of this on a consistent basis.

Core review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"BillQuick is a great time and billing system."

What do you like best?

Easy of use - easy to train timekeepers and billing staff. Reports are easy to generate and import to Excel without tedious re-formatting. Excellent support from the initial inquiry to conversion to custom reports to updates. Can't say enough nice things about BQ team.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. No product is perfect.

We were using a very complicated and clunky time and billing system that required constant maintenance from a third-party vendor. BillQuick is virtually problem-free, very easy to use and provides reports that provide excellent, real-time management information.

"ArchiOffice Every Day"

What do you like best?

It's simple! Easy to use and the report generating capabilities are amazing!

What do you dislike?

I wish it was prettier. The interface isn't anything to brag about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used many other products like ArchiOffice, but I like what I've seen so far.

Consolidation. It's nice that everyone in the office is on ArchiOffice.

Core review by Nicole M.
Nicole M.

"Billquick user 6 years"

What do you like best?

The ease of entering time and tracking individuals. Creating invoices and entering payments super easy

What do you dislike?

I dont like how you cannot edit certian parts of invoices and it is not always easy to find the reports you want

time tracking and project management

Core review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Great Time Sheet Portal for Global Companies."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that employees around the globe can upload time and it is immediately viewable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I get a lot of error messages in the billing portion of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great time management & expense program. Not what I had hoped on the billing side.

We can now upload and access time from employees from every state. This is a huge benefit for our billing process.

Learning about Core?

* We monitor all Core reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.