Corecon

Corecon

Corecon develops an online construction software suite for estimating, project management, job cost control, scheduling, and collaboration.

Work for Corecon?

Learning about Corecon?

Corecon Reviews

Ask Corecon a Question
Showing 32 Corecon reviews
Corecon review by Richard S.
Richard S.

"2.5 years of Corecon"

What do you like best?

Ease of contract generation, billings, and tracking of RFIs and Submittals

We use all of functions of Contract Admin.

We use most Procurement functions except for RFP Packages and the "Anticipated Costs". Anticipated costs is a bit clunky to have to constantly update. We manage this through exporting reports to spreadsheets.

We use Time Cards and like the improvements made to this feature over the past couple years. It is much more user friendly.

In Correspondence we only use RFI's and Submittals at this time. We may implement other features in the future.

In Documentation we use Photos, Daily Reports and Meetings. We don't have work orders and don't see a need for the Owner Items.

We don't use the email.

The HR system works well.

What do you dislike?

Reporting for project management lacks. I understand that this is being taken care of w/ the "Cost at Completion" report forthcoming. The problem has been that it mostly just reports estimated costs to final costs w/o taking into account budget forecasting (other than using "anticipated costs" which really isn't helpful), change orders or other budget adjustments.

I would like to have a way to have internal budget adjustments (moving money from one cost code to another w/ a net $0 sum to the contract price) tracked separate from Owner Change Orders.

The meeting minutes function is a bit clunky with needing to "import" old business. I would like to see one set of meeting minutes that can be maintained and updated as opposed to starting with a general form. We have weekly Subcontractor and OAC meetings that have different attendees. The attendees needing to be input every week from a generic list is annoying.

I would like a chance to bulk download project photos after a certain period of time in order to keep our need for storage space on the Corecon server down.

On the ITB, I wish we could save group lists for adding vendors. i.e. "TI Project" and it imports our preferred TI subcontractors from a list that save. Or "Ground-up" and it imports a list of our subcontractors for ground-up form a saved list. I also wish it would save the version of the ITB sent out, so if you add vendors down the road, you don't have to re-type the entire ITB.

Document tracking

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Corecon
Corecon review by Reid A.
Reid A.

"Outstanding Product - Fueled Significant Growth!"

What do you like best?

The implementation of Corecon truly revolutionized how we do business. Within 3-6 months, the flow of our project management process drastically improved. Corecon helped us implement multiple fail-safes for each step of the project management process, ensuring that we are never left forgetting to issue a PO, follow up on a submittal by the deadline date, etc. It also makes our flow of business extremely simple by ensuring that we never overpay for materials, subcontracts, etc. These were features that Quickbooks and our excel sheets simply could not help us implement.

The look of the correspondence we send to our contractors (RFIs, CPRs, etc.) improved drastically as well. We’ve had multiple contractors comment on the professional look of the product and it has really helped to elevate our brand to the next level.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, Corecon provides us with so much detailed data regarding our job costs and future workload. We use the data to provide estimating feedback, discuss job outcomes, and determine how much additional work we can take on. While we’ve always found ways to do these in the past, Corecon made the data so much more meaningful and easy to extract. The data was intimidating at first, but now that we’ve learned to harness it, we are shocked that we ever lived without it.

What do you dislike?

It took about 6 months to master, but it's well worth it. It also has server outages from time to time which is frustrating for guys doing timecards, but it's only probably 4 times per year, and it's resolved within 4-6 hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The first 6 months is challenging, but the wait is worth it! We tried a lot of other products and none came close.

The flow of business has drastically improved, resulting in streamlined project management, quicker closeouts, timely billing, and outstanding reporting functions. This allows us to have a better handle on all of our jobs from start to finish.

What Construction Management solution do you use?

Corecon review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="368d97d9-9e52-4438-a36e-d61785f17e7f">Kyle F.</span>
Kyle F.
" itemprop="name" />

"Best accounting & project tracking/managing tool"

What do you like best?

When I was doing extensive research for a tool that would help us track hours and expenses and seamlessly sync to our accounting software QuickBooks, I found all other programs were more focused on project management and not on the accounting. Corecon has the best sync ability to accounting and great tools for project management, I would highly recommend!

What do you dislike?

There are a few user interface quirks that I dislike, but Corecon is actively changing and updating the software and its usability. I will often email the team and suggest changes and I have seen some of those changes made within a timely manner

Recommendations to others considering the product

If syncing to your accounting is a priority, you will want to use Corecon

Job costing and change management tracking are the big one's that have been the most beneficial

Corecon review by DJ D.
DJ D.

"Corecon Project Management Suite"

What do you like best?

There are so many project management software suites on the market. Trying to find one that does everything you need isn't too hard. However, Corecon separates themselves from the others with the great customer service and training. Every page you enter inside the system has a help article and videos that goes with it. I was able to learn this system in a couple days.

Corecon also has the best reporting options I have seen. The the stock reports are great and very informative, but I really enjoy the custom reporting features (log reports, custom dashboards, & detail reports). Corecon gives you full access to the database to report on exactly what you need. The best part is you don't need to know database code. Just watch the online training videos and click a few buttons and you are making very powerful reports. I have not seen anything like this with other software.

What do you dislike?

We currently have only two setbacks with Corecon. One is the failure to interact with Sage/Timberline. Which is not a deal breaker because of being able to export and import very easily. The second is handling Per-Diem. I would like to see a payroll rate in the system that can have a daily charge rather than a hourly. We bypass this paying putting Per-Diem under a custom expense, but it is cumbersome when entering time for the field guys to have to leave the timecard page and go to the expense page.

None of these are deal breakers and we had several other setbacks with similar management software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software that tracks everything pertaining to your projects and easy to learn than Corecon is for you.

Corecon gives our project managers the ability to track every aspect of a project in one place without waiting for accounting to run payroll weekly. Everything that has to do with a project stays inside the system and can easily be accessed by those who have permissions. Corecon helps us stay on track and under budget as well as send out professional correspondence to our customers.

The best part about Corecon is the ease of use. The resources and training documentation are extremely helpful. Every question that we have can be answered by watching the videos or reading the help articles. I also really enjoy the free weekly training webinars.

I have used several project management suites but Corecon is the by far the easiest to use and learn.

Corecon review by Administrator

"Great potential but there are some hiccups"

What do you like best?

Corecon offers a lot of flexibility when it comes to customizing the certain aspect of this platform. I find it that the user interface is pretty easy to follow and matches my thought process. After trying out different platforms I really enjoy using it. The pricing structure is very reasonable and their support team is the best. The knowledge base and instructional videos are awesome. The admin interface gives you a lot of control over who has access to what.

The correspondence modules are awesome. Creating meeting agenda and minutes are a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Although a lot of time was spent on the overall platform, I find that many aspects of the interface remain unpolished. Simple things like confirmation boxes that the message had been sent aren't there. If you save something, you don't get any prompts. When you get an error message, often time it's super cryptic and doesn't give any information on what needs to be done to resolve the issue. In some instances, you need to press the Save button to save the information, another time you don't do anything and the web interface will save the information for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to give it a chance. At first, it will be very hard to find your way around this software. Once you learn it, you'll really enjoy using it. BUT, it will be challenging at the beginning.

I really enjoy using this platform when engaging subcontractors for ITBs, RFPs, etc. It helps me to stay organized. Client reporting. The change order and contract management modules and reports are spot-on. It's very easy to generate reports that can be shared with the client.

Corecon review by Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.

"Project Manager"

What do you like best?

Having access to everything anywhere we go, and the amount of information that can be added. I love that we can scan our bills in and view them remotely (- but it would be great if that scan could be accessed from more locations.)

What do you dislike?

Too many save sections, which slows us down; not being able to edit anticipated costs from the main page anymore is unfortunate; and not seeing the cost codes on the bills list page. Basically, anything that adds a few seconds to hit save or load a page is not ideal for us because we processes so much on a daily/weekly basis. I feel that putting my cost analysis together takes twice as long as it was taking me a few updates ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Link to Quickbooks right away! Don't wait 4 years.. it adds a lot of work

Having all info for every managers jobs in one place, that can be accessed anywhere is the largest benefit. Also, we were previously using excel spreadsheets for our accounting, which always makes me nervous about human error, this system gives me more confidence that the information is all there. And now we have more analytic options that we did not have before. We need to start using more aspects of Corecon, like the customer-user face, because I know there are un-tapped benefits that will make our lives easier if we can find the time to learn.

User in Construction

"Great for keeping tack of Subcontracts and Purchase Orders."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to copy subcontracts and purchase orders. The new sections for comments and internal comments for purchase orders has made tracking a lot easier. The feature that shows what percentage of a subcontract or purchase order that has been paid is a nice addition.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new way to edit current information on subcontracts. It makes it easier for eliminate mistakes from other users, but makes it harder for me to update purchase orders and subcontracts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always hit save. A lot of the sections do not auto save. There are a good number of features that help make it easier to input information once you learn to use them. There are also a lot of videos that show exactly how to use those features.

It's been easier to keep track of draw schedules with our vendors. We've just realized the feature that shows the percentage a subcontract or purchase order that has been paid.

Corecon review by Justin W.
Justin W.

"I highly recommend"

What do you like best?

Exhaustive, web-based lead and project management software. Allows tracking of customers, leads, estimate proposals, projects, purchase orders, subcontracts, etc from anywhere you have an internet connection. Allows me to see real-time our project financials, with dashboards and reports. I have researched other softwares and don't feel that any of them meet our needs like Corecon does.

What do you dislike?

The reports allow you to do a lot, but they can be confusing if you don't have experience with them. Learn them and they are a great tool we use daily.

I have been using Corecon for 9 years now, with 2 companies and have recommended it to many people. We have learned to utilize Corecon from CRM to lead management to estimates to full project management. I constantly tell our employees that Corecon is the "central nervous system of our daily operations."

Corecon review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Corecon "

What do you like best?

The ability to have all of the job related information in one software platform that can integrate with our accounting system for full reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of screens and processes that require additional entries or information that could be streamlined; HR in setting up a new employee and PO's to Bill processing

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I have nothing to compare Corecon with, we have been pleased with the ability to get the information input and subsequently managed and manipulated in effective Project Management. The Corecon team is very responsive and work hard to make you a respected and satisfied customer

We are better able to track costs, determine production rates, strong integration with our payroll and have real time revenue and cost data with effective reporting tools.

Corecon review by User in Design
User in Design

"Great for job tracking"

What do you like best?

PO writing is very easy and creating reports for PO's and labor reports.

What do you dislike?

When you go to open a 2nd window you have to sign in a second time, which you didn't use to have to do once you had a window open and takes extra time when you need to get something quick when you are in the middle of another task in another screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the training options they offer, it is a tremendous help.

being able to track our jobs and create reports to accurately show how much a job is costing us and how many hours our employees are using doing each task on a building.

Corecon review by Jeffrey R.
Jeffrey R.

"Corecon is a great project management tool that has helped to better organize our business"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly generate invoices, and track outstanding change orders that we are owed.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be a bit difficult at times, and viewing the status of overall projects isnt that simple. There is also no way to create a revision of an existing cpr or co. You need to manually recreate another version. This is probably the most lacking feature. I want to keep records of previous versions of a CPR or CO, but be able to quickly 'copy' and start a new revision.

Tracking of submitted and approved change orders in one place. Consistency of the documents we distribute to our customers.

Corecon review by Jo O.
Jo O.

"Smart Contractor"

What do you like best?

You can enter estimate, turn them into work order and then invoice. Same thing with change orders, you don't have to retype information and then I can easily export to QuickBooks.

What do you dislike?

The changes to the billing of invoice, you have to remember to approve them or they wont export.

Being able to capture all expenses of the project and being able to run accurate WIP schedules.

Corecon review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Corecon Project Success"

What do you like best?

Web-based software that is consistent whether the user is at a desktop, on a laptop, or even a Chromebook.

What do you dislike?

Many clicks to get back to project home screen, inability to mark up payment/collection status of prime invoices, sub invoices, and bills, and the inability of the mobile app to access all attachments to contracts, POs, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once adopted, invest time in global training. Certain sections require extra clicks to save data and drop-down fields, if not carefully monitored, can lead to incorrect ship-to addresses and/or incorrect contacts.

Project management: accessibility, transparency, accountability, and stakeholder communication.

Corecon review by Michael T.
Michael T.

"Review of Corecon from a Semi Custom - Production Builder"

What do you like best?

The fact that we can scale our business quickly.

What do you dislike?

Some of the mobile functionality is not up to par with the desk top version. Some enhancements on scheduling would go a long way for end user buy in.

Corecon helps smooth the A/P and A/R processes with the use of Corecon Link.

"positive and easy"

What do you like best?

Ability to create your own reports and ability to import and export from/ to excel

What do you dislike?

Not being able to click into a prime invoice or prime contract or any project information if the project is inactive. Need to be able to review old information for various reasons once the project is closed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's only as good as the data you have to put into it.

Real cost of people and equipment and thus the real cost to complete a project.

greater understanding of where over spends occur

Corecon review by David G.
David G.

"Corecon V8 - Easy to learn, not always easy to manipulate"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to learn and how dependable it can be.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes you are unable to modify documents without having to delete it and recreate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you get used to it, it's easy to master

Handling construction management for multiple projects

Corecon review by Rick R.
Rick R.

"Having Corecon completely organizes our project management from the office to the field. "

What do you like best?

Software friendly. Almost anyone in our organization can learn the software quickly.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting can be a little overload with information.

Change orders. Keeping organized records, allows us to bill change orders more effectively and accurately.

Corecon review by Fareed C.
Fareed C.

"Great all round software"

What do you like best?

Payments can be uploaded to the software and shared with the rest of the team.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to export reports when using Edge

Cost control has become a lot less painful.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a system that my work can use to track EVERYTHING!

What do you dislike?

Some things can be very tedious. Sometimes there are extra steps and navigating through projects is harder than it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a bigger tech support network, faster communication back.

Keeping track of what expenses we are paying for each project. Corecon has been GREAT for that.

Corecon review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"Best PM tool around "

What do you like best?

Everything that you need is here for management

What do you dislike?

The iPad app doesn’t work like the desktop app

Submittals RFI’s daily reports Billings

Corecon review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Corecon Review"

What do you like best?

Estimating module and mobile app, project management..

What do you dislike?

Some functions are cumbersome to navigate. The QuickBooks link isn't great. There are too many opportunities for invoices to be duplicated. Corecon is suited best for a smaller number of large projects. We have many small projects. Entering all the information for a small project tis time consuming.

Project management, estimating.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

I like that all the information is in one software. Subcontractor work and client work and billings.

What do you dislike?

It seems there are some changes being made that dont need to. Seems like everything is fine but then a change is made

Able to pull job cost reports during our projects to see how well we are doing

Corecon review by Joshua L.
Joshua L.

"day of work"

What do you like best?

everything i need in one place to get my work done throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

it can be unreliable and unstable at times but not as bad as some i've used.

working at long distances from our head office but being able to stay in touch esily

Corecon review by Thomas F.
Thomas F.

"Software is constantly taking 2 steps forward and one step backward."

What do you like best?

Certain types of logic that the system follows.

What do you dislike?

Constantly changing, needs better reports, needs to integrate more than just base construction logic.

Project Cost tracking is better than Yardi, which is what we were using prior to this. Centralized place to track subcontracts and sco's.

User in Construction

"Fast, economical set-up, easy to learn, good value for package"

What do you like best?

Interfaces - Various logs - detailed invoicing

What do you dislike?

some of the report formatting - lots of columns not always relevant

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review transition from Corecon to Payment software i.e quickbooks etc.

Document tracking, client invoicing. Speed, accuracy, increase in workload volume we are able to deliver.

User in Construction

"Corecon has made notification of R.F.Q. very easy."

What do you like best?

Allows for an unlimited vendor list to be alerted at the click of the mouse. Hundreds of users get the message at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program is slow to download but this may be result of slow internet provider service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of one on one training offered initially and ask questions

Makes downloading large plans and specs easy for all vendors to access.

Administrator in Construction

"Good software for small company"

What do you like best?

It is great for the change orders, you cannot pay on change orders until the work has been approved by the owner.

What do you dislike?

The accounting reports are very minimum & not complete. Have to run 3 reports to manually create 1 good report.

It is our project management software. It is great for change orders and is very helpful to track those.

Corecon review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Cumbersome and the support line is not very helpful."

What do you like best?

The sub-contracts were nice to be able to do on screen.

What do you dislike?

The rest of it. The PO's were cumbersome, the invoicing was terrible, the billing was difficult to correct. It wasn't a very smart system and left a lot of doors open for errors to be made.

Having a hub for documents has helped us with document management.

Administrator in Construction

"Tracking Costs & Correspondence Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The cost reporting and the ability to make prime invoices professionally.

What do you dislike?

Speed, being web based can be a little slow at times.

The ability to track costs properly. I know exactly how much money is moving, and where it's going even though we have many large projects happening at once.

Corecon review by Administrator

"Great for project reporting"

What do you like best?

That the analytics give me an up to date picture of the projects status.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the site is very slow which makes data entry really difficult.

It provides one place where everyone can see a projects status in real time

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

Corecon is a great way to keep organized or projects

What do you dislike?

In corecon, there are many updates to the system.

It is a great way to keep track of projects and cost codes

Corecon review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Good single family construction software"

What do you like best?

Good program for single family construction and scheduling.

What do you dislike?

Gant chart is hard to update while scheduling.

Keeping track of contractor costs

Learn more about Corecon

Corecon Videos

Learning about Corecon?

* We monitor all Corecon reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.