Corel AfterShot Pro

3.8

Welcome to Corel! Tweets about technology, graphics, digital art, photo, video and general productivity.

Work for Corel AfterShot Pro?

Learning about Corel?

Corel AfterShot Pro Reviews

Ask Corel a Question
Showing 23 Corel reviews
Corel review by Daniela A.
Daniela A.

"Good for beginners or low power computer"

What do you like best?

The fact that it has RAW processing, is don't need to catalog the images in order to preview the RAW files, and it's easy to learn. Access to all tools in one screen, we can have multiple shots shown at the same time, and edit right away, plus we can go back to the raw image by a single shortcut. On-screen elements are customizable.

What do you dislike?

It's lack of control and range on some of the tools. It doesn't have red-eye correction, there are not many plugins available. It doesn't support dual monitor. There’s only support for specific camera models, even though DNG is supposed to be a universal RAW format. The exposure or white balance levels tend to lose a lot of flexibility when adjusting them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a basic and fast software this is the one for you, so you can get use to the edit tools, and learn how to use this kind of programs. It's fast comparing to other more powerful, and most OS supports it.

Easy access to editing, if I need some help, I can get a helper to use it, bucause it's pretty intuitive and can be learnt quickly. Having all in one sigle screen make it easier and faster to finish a simple proyect. It's super fast in it's outputs, and that's super helpful. It is an advantage when it comes to optimizing working time for sure.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Corel AfterShot Pro
Corel review by Anemona I.
Anemona I.

"Greater then Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Corel AfterShot Pro is a commercial and proprietary raw image processing software by Corel. What is having different from Photoshop? It has a few tricks up its sleeve that make it a very attractive alternative to those looking for a solid solution outside of Adobe’s offerings. ts core features are centered on a robust set of tools that allow you to have a great deal of control over several parameters of your images, and adjust fairly basic elements like white balance, exposure, saturation, and contrast, while also giving you fine-grained control over settings like individual RGB color balance, hue/saturation/luminance, and tone curves.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like a AfterShot Pro 3 is that does not import your pictures into a database, and does not store changes to files in one single master catalog like Lightroom.. But if it doesn't bother you, then it's a recommended. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great if you want to edit more pictures at once. And it's having this option to remove the noice. Its core features are centered on a robust set of tools that allow you to have a great deal of control over several parameters of your images, and adjust fairly basic elements like white balance, exposure, saturation, and contrast, while also giving you fine-grained control over settings like individual RGB color balance, hue/saturation/luminance, and tone curves.I recommend it!

I was able to edit many pictures at ones and save money, because I didn't have to spend more time to each picture. And my customers were really happy that I was done with their photos faster than other photographers.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Corel review by User

"An authentic professional alternative to Lightroom"

What do you like best?

The possibility of downloading a functional test version by platform (including Linux x86 or 64bits), we can assess if there is a real alternative to what we knew in terms of editing.

Overall I thought it was an excellent software, different from Adobe Lightroom, so generate mixed feelings among those who try it. But a real alternative for those who work in Linux, and especially for those who can not spend a lot of money, because the program can be purchased directly on the web.

What do you dislike?

I have been a Linux user for years, and there are not many alternatives in linux to the LR, but I prefer my Darktable of the soul (which I think is great).

There is another alternative only for editing (it does not catalog) that is photivo, which also applies to windows.

Actually, the editing phase is what can make us make a firm decision about the application to incorporate into our workflow, since our final photographs depend on it to a large extent.

In the case of AfterShot, there are a lot of options and controls. Sometimes we even have the feeling of having several controls for the same task.

Corel review by User in Internet

"My authentic experience with Corel"

What do you like best?

Corel AfterShot Pro has helped me a lot since I've searched for new design, editing and creation alternatives. It is possibly a tool with a multi-design interface, fast and efficient. It is a very fluid interface that allows me to use different processors at the same time and facilitates the use of the program and the editing of images by its optimized core, giving greater use to my computer, always depending on the processor with which it counts. One of the advantages that I can highlight the most is the organization of the platform, it allows me to upload or export specific files directly from the folders that I create within the network, or those that are on my computer, and, of course, allowing me to highlight certain files and giving me good search results. Corel AfterShot Pro has an incredible software with diverse tools, that you would find in any other high-end program, or even, these lack the options that AfterShot offers, such as flexibility or the incorporation of new plugins that give versatility to the platform. I like it a lot because I can edit the photographs quickly with a very professional result, this, always depending on the amount of time you have been using it, in my case, more than 2 years.

What do you dislike?

One of the most outstanding and painful disadvantages that I find the Corel AfterShot pro 3 platform is that you can manually add to your database the information or files you need for editing, becoming a very delicate, long and annoying job; this represents a point less since other programs have the automation of the optical deformations without necessarily having to do it manually, but they also facilitate them in an automatic and versatile way; This obviously will always depend on the objectives you use when capturing images, if these are a bit simpler, you will simply not have problems with the platform.

It is not so easy to use and requires a lot of practice, but this is not something that another editing program does not need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend (for personal experiences and needs) the option of retouching and correcting the optical deformations of the photographs. That allows me to optimally use the zoom option, either from the network or from the original photograph.

AfterShot Pro is a perfect tool for my work, in the company of other means of design, it facilitates my work to 60%, because it is fast and precise in terms of basic editing touches. Sometimes the automation requires it, but this is not, in short, something totally bad since I can be very specific, especially when the client follows a style of photography or has different demands than those that are usually used.

Corel review by User in Higher Education

"New design options with Corel Aftershot Pro"

What do you like best?

When it comes to editing, effects and retouching of photos, we always think of Adobe or any other "mainstream" program that ensures good results. However, it is not necessary to simply stay in one or two programs when there are many others that provide important tools to designers and people in general that require certain effects. Corel Aftershot Pro, is one of those platforms that allows you to create, organize and edit images in real time, because it has a powerful RAW processor, which positions it among one of the best; it is a fluid, fast application, because it has a good support and a good interface, with the annexation of new and better tools and options, in relation to other programs created by the same company. I like Corel Aftershot Pro, because in addition to giving me professional results, it is very easy to use, and so I can train my staff saving time, and having quality results.

What do you dislike?

Yes it is true that when designing, experts look for new and good options, tools, platforms, new experiences ... But how to know which one to choose? Corel Aftershot Pro offers many specifications, and ensures speed, fluidity, ease of use, low cost compared to other programs; but without a doubt, like everything in life, it has negative aspects, personally, the one that I have to highlight the most is what happens when inserting or exporting a new photograph: quality is greatly minimized, which I do not like at all because I look for the quality of the image is the best possible, with colors and highlights and visible effects. However, it is a very good software that has helped me a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that, in short, they can improve the support of the platform, as well as the fluidity of it. In many occasions, depending on the number of exported files and the weight of them, the program usually slows down a lot and can improve in that aspect. Perhaps with the annexation of more RAM and the use of a more efficient and supportable operating system.

This software has helped me a lot in terms of editing speed, because it has many options with which I can complete and achieve the same task, this simply summarizes the ease with which you can meet design and editing objectives, to have a quite broad tool variability. Also, I love the organization that has this program, all within reach of the cursor and a click. Very good option to work.

Corel review by Rocelin C.
Rocelin C.

"A visually functional experience"

What do you like best?

Wide range of tools for editing photos and images, great resolution, allows to use several products for editing in photography, in particular it is one of the most useful and fast software for photographers and image editors.

Amplitud de herramientas para edición de fotos e imágenes, gran resolución, permite usar varios productos para edición en materia de fotografía, en particular es uno de los software mas útiles y rápidos para fotógrafos y editores de imágenes.

What do you dislike?

Its versions are paid, so it is complicated for those who can not afford to get the benefits of this software and its trial version is for a short time, so those users who want to try it and stay for longer use it They are forced to pay for this, which does not ensure that all your users can get all or most of what you offer.

Sus versiones son pagas, por lo que es complicado para aquellos que no alcanzan a pagar para obtener los beneficios de este software y su versión de prueba es por un corto tiempo, por lo que aquellos usuarios que desean probarla y quedarse usándolo por mas tiempo se ven obligados a pagar por esto, lo que no asegura que todos tus usuarios puedan obtener todos o la mayoría de lo que ofreces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer a trial application for longer, offer a lower price of its versions.

Ofrecer una aplicación de prueba por más tiempo, ofrecer un precio mas bajo de sus versiones.

I solve the problem of not having an application for my editions of photos and images.

Resuelvo el problema de no tener una aplicación para mis ediciones de fotos e imágenes.

Corel review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Best software for photo editing."

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the multiple tools that you can use. I used to used photoshop, but that was way too expensive. Corel is priced much more affordable and I think it is even better than photoshop.

What do you dislike?

No complaints here. I use a lot of the tools for photo editing and I have always loved the results. No problems at all

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on a budget, but would love great photo editing software, this is the one for you. By far the best I have ever used.

I use this to create thumbnail photos for our marketing business. Ever since editing photos with this program, we have definitely seen an uptick in our analytics.

Corel review by Mohamed A.
Mohamed A.

"King of speed"

What do you like best?

Very simple and efficient user interface

Processing operations is the fastest in the class

Extensive color manipulation tool-sets

Direct photo editing without the need to import or creating catalogs

Availability of photo catalogs as option

Multiple photo comparison workflow

Editing layers and masking tools

Rating, tagging and filtering workflow

Presets manager

What do you dislike?

There are some stability issues

Lens correction tools

Limited highlights recovery tool

Weak noise reduction algorithm

No support of manufacturer camera profiles

The user interface is not controllable by windows snap assist

I wish if the comparison preview is not limited to 6 photos

lack of tethering option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Corel AfterShot pro is one of the best RAW editors and converters available in the market, You should expect the fastest processing times , very snappy RAW loading and navigation performance, express and intuitive workflow and a rich color correction and manipulation tool-sets.

With it You will be able to edit and deliver a huge collections of photos at fraction of time.

I need to be able to explore my photos directly then compare, label, rate and filter them without the complications and the time waste of importing and cataloging process.

it's necessary to me to have the full control over colors starting from the proper color management and camera profiling tools ending with color manipulation correcting tools to get the most accurate and beautiful colors from my RAWs.

I have realized that Corel AfterShot pro is the fastest RAW converter available in the market, It have the best balance between workflow Speed/Efficiency. it just needs some serious care over stability issues and a little more tuning over lens correction and noise reduction tools.

Corel review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Good Alternative to Adobe Products"

What do you like best?

While I am an avid Creative Cloud user at the office, I do use Corel programs for freelance projects and sometimes when working from home. I was never officially trained in Corel, nor have I taken any classes on the programs. Nevertheless, the interface is very easy to use and it's intuitive. If you are at all familiar with photo editing programs, you'll be able to catch on here as well! It's great how it is non destructive, so you don't have to worry about damaging or overwriting your original photo.

What do you dislike?

Adobe products are sort of the industry standard for design programs, and they are very compatible with one another across files. So, there is always a downside to using a program outside of their suite, but it's doable.

Currently, I do use Adobe products whenever possible, so I'm not sure I can say I've solved any business problems with Corel Aftershot.

Corel review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"corel aftershot pro it's not too bad"

What do you like best?

work with corel from the hand of one of its extensions is always good, and quite comfortable, what I like is that like (like all corel programs) the interface is quite simple and easy to understand and in spite of being simple It is very versatile and several editing problems can be solved in a practical and simple way

What do you dislike?

Although the interface is quite simple, it is also true that there are things that are difficult to understand after having worked with programs similar to this one, such as, for example, one of those complicated things is the way to work with the layers.

perhaps the most expensive part would be the editing part, since the controls, despite being the same, have a different appearance and we may not know at first how to get all the juice for not knowing them well, it is easy to get lost among so many options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is always advisable to read the user manual but if you can not read it for a matter of time it is also an easy program to learn just animate to use it and you will see that you can solve some small problems just try it

I solved several problems with it such as: it is the elimination of noise in photographs, it was very useful when editing and achieving the need to preserve detail, I could also edit some photographs only in a certain area, apply filters ... etc

Corel review by User in Internet

"An alternative option for Adobe Lightroom users"

What do you like best?

This is a good alternative option for Adobe Lightroom users-- it's cheaper than Lightroom, without the hassle of an annual subscription, clearly faster, and very simple to use without training. And, of course, Corel AfterShot Pro can do everything that Lightroom can do.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Corel AfterShot Pro has a quite big issue for me-- it's softer images. The same image file exported from raw to JPG was a bit softer in Corel Aftershot Pro than it was in Lightroom to my eyes. For every professionals who need the sharpest images in their files and prints, this is minus. And it doesn’t have the plugins available that Lightroom does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Lightroom is great but is not for everyone. For people who want to try a different software this can be a good alternative-- Corel is well-known company and this software is a lot faster than Lightroom. If you are exporting a lot of files at once like I do, this is for you.

Again, I felt Corel Aftershot Pro is a lot faster than Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, which I've been using since 2011. Exporting time is also faster so it saves my time a lot, which is great. I usually export thousands of files so it makes a big difference.

Corel review by User

"un software de edición fotográfica semiprofesional a buen precio"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor, sin duda, es la relación calidad precio. Ofrece algunas ofertas a la hora de adquirirlo, lo cual se agradece para este tipo de software, tradicionalmente caros. Por otro lado, ofrece una versión para trabajar con Linux, ideal para aquellos que trabajamos con esta plataforma. Otro punto a destacar es la gran calidad que ofrecen sus ajustes por defecto, razonablemente profesionales.

What do you dislike?

En cuanto a las desventajas, al no tratarse de un software líder, no es muy conocido entre los profesionales, con lo que resulta poco operativo trabajar con el. Ofrece cierta estabilidad pero no demasiada rapidez en el-manejo. Otra pequeña desventaja consiste en que su interfaz, aun siendo intuitiva, resulta complicada para aquellos que estamos acostumbrados a otros programas como Lightroom.

Photo Editing, Presentaciones de arquitectura, Modelado digital, Maquetas 3D

Corel review by Administrator

"AfterShot Pro: an authentic professional alternative"

What do you like best?

It's the photo editor that reveals his true creative potential and frees: from high costs, from endless subscriptions, hours editing on my computer. Import, process and output faster, and get back behind the camera whereCorel AfterShot Pro belong. After Shot Pro is the RAW processing software Corel reputed to be the fastest of all available for X Series Other arguments in its favor are a tight price of $ 90 for a perpetual license and the advantage of being multiplatform, because it works on 64-bit Windows operating systems, Mac OS X and Linux.

What do you dislike?

However an example of the disadvantages is that an excessive number of objects with transparency, or 3 different types of lenses require more resources from the video card, which can become much slower rebuilding screen. It will consume more RAM, that would require the operating system to fragment the information and send it to the windows temporary file swap, which access and reading is considerably slower and heavy. Unfortunately, the algorithm has never revealed me the most convincing result, especially his recovery system highlights, that sometimes it magenta-paint the brightest areas of the image. Nor noise control of the photographs captured high ISO values has been strong in recent versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Those who have worked with other editors RAW, will not discover anything new in Corel AfterShot Pro. The process is similar to what we found in Lightroom or Capture One Pro, for example. The response is quick, the processing engine meets expectations, and you do not need a computer to the last for the program to work properly.

The improved recovery system highlights is one of the novelties announced. The other new features include support for 64-bit architectures, the tool stain removal brand automatic water, custom profiles correction lens and the ability to choose the RAW files to edit directly from the folder structure the hard disk.

Corel review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Perfect, useful and very complete"

What do you like best?

You can modify the photo before doing the final development, you have complete control of the edition, it is very complete and if you prefer the image in jpeg format without editing anything you can do it without any problem

What do you dislike?

It is awkward awkward thing. It has few organizational characteristics. the functions for sharing on the web are limited. Correction of reflections fades images and photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has several functions of which this update can be proud,

It helps us a lot in the creation of catalogs of products for our company as well as in the edition of photographs of the different events of launching of the lines of product, as well as the compatibility that it has with computers of 64 bits; The main benefits are noise reduction which is almost perfect and the exposure correction tool.

Corel review by Nicole G.
Nicole G.

"Review for corel aftershot pro"

What do you like best?

What i like the best about corel aftershot pro is it has everything you need as an amateur photographer or hobbyist to edit your pictures. It also has a familiar interface.

What do you dislike?

Although it has a lot of features, it still lacks some compared to the giants of photo editing. However, this would bother advanced photgrapher as it has all the basics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for more basic photo editing.

In my job, we need to edit pictures and make them look presentable for showing on social media. This program helps me do that.

Corel review by Miri L.
Miri L.

"great RAW Image Editing tool, i really love it!"

What do you like best?

Overall easy to use with a few small UI issues

Excellent support from Corel, but limited within the program

Compact Single-Screen Workflow

Fast Batch Editing

Widescreen UI Design

No Catalog Imports Required

What do you dislike?

Most tools are excellent, but localized edits need work

No In-Program Tutorial

Preset Packs Are Expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Corel AfterShot Pro 3 is an excellent RAW image editor that provides a fast, compact workflow. It has a solid library management tools, excellent developing options, and a flexible plugin/add-on system.

RAW Image Editing

Corel review by User in Gambling & Casinos
User in Gambling & Casinos

"Awesome RAW Processing"

What do you like best?

Nicely plugged into PaintShop Pro so it can be used as a separate standalone product or integrated into PaintShop Pro for RAW processing

What do you dislike?

Slow to open at times and can tend to lock up and have to be restarted after processing and editing a number of images

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent plugin for PaintShop software for RAW processing and editing

Ability to edit and pre-process RAW images with ease

Corel review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Fair Software "

What do you like best?

The straightforward simple user interface that corel has to start loading reasonable speed on older PCs basic features readily available and accessible

What do you dislike?

The sheer complexity and counter intuitive menu layout design and lack of power features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to try this if you may affordable software however you might be disappointed if you are interested in advanced typography and drawing features.

Not much helps the software was rather burdensome to use on a whole when switching from similar design software

Corel review by Administrator in Business Supplies and Equipment
Administrator in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Strong program "

What do you like best?

productive right out of the box, intuitive, and clean design.

What do you dislike?

the frequency of updates, i would rather spend a little more upfront and get patches than constantly be told my software isn't up to date. Keeps more people compatible and cohesive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

their trial makes it easy to check out if it will work for you.

I design the catalogs, mailers, and websites for our company and I find this gives me the quickest way to get things done quickly and easily.

Corel review by Geovanna D.
Geovanna D.

"It's okay"

What do you like best?

A program that is quickly learned if you know Photoshop. Similar shortcuts.

What do you dislike?

It glitches a lot and runs rather slow on me

None at all.

Corel review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Good software with good utilities"

What do you like best?

I bought this product to help me process my Camera RAW images. It does a great job and at a good price.

What do you dislike?

Price is high. The program attempts to do all in one screen, stepping around the Edit, Develop motif of Lightroom. As a result, the range of tools is limited.

Just processing images for presentation

Corel review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Corel works well for me to edit senior and wedding photographs that I take for clients."

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and I can like the batch settings

What do you dislike?

The software frequently has a glitch and locks up.

Poor photo lighting is easily corrected and cloining in people with better expressions is easy.

"Great at price point. "

What do you like best?

Pricing is great. Software much better then Adobes comparable software.

What do you dislike?

Lack of organization features. Lack of online sharing features.

Clear photos for design work based on site walks.

Learning about Corel AfterShot Pro?

* We monitor all Corel AfterShot Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.