Cornerstone OnDemand

Cornerstone OnDemand

3.7

Cornerstone OnDemand provides talent management, training elearning, and performance management software delivered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).

Work for Cornerstone OnDemand?

Learning about Cornerstone?

Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews

Ask Cornerstone a Question
Showing 176 Cornerstone reviews
Cornerstone review by Dave H.
Dave H.
View Original

"Outdated and difficult to use"

What do you like best?

Overall, Cornerstone does what you need it to do. To be honest, I'm struggling to find something I like the best as it's all (IMHO), pretty poor. Although that said, I've only ever used open sourced LMS is the past, so CSOD might be the best of a bad bunch, who knows?

-----

Edit to my original review: DO NOT USE CORNERSTONE. Their customer support is, hands down, the WORST customer service I have ever had in my life. I WOULD NOT recommend Cornerstone to anyone.

What do you dislike?

It's a very difficult user interface to manage (from an Admin perspective). Most things (including simple tasks) require many steps and screens with confusing fields with very little information about what's required. You're constantly pointed to the online help which appears to be written by a developer (difficult for a "normal" user to understand).

I'm pretty clued up on tech and there's a LOT of things that can't be done yourself - you need to log a ticket with their Global Product Support (GPS) team. This is where CSOD are truly awful. Tickets take days even to be acknowledged and the replies you get are one-liners that just creates more questions. There's no rush in resolving ANY tickets - even when logged as P1s. For example, I've had a ticket outstanding for 4 months and I'm nowhere near a resolution. I could go on but I think you get the gist...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Update the VERY outdated UI.

Actually listen to users on Suggestion CIty - In over a year of using the product, I haven't seen one (useful) suggestion realised.

Let admin users do more themselves - don't require a GPS ticket for everything slightly technical.

IMPROVE YOUR SUPPORT. Your customer service is terrible.

We mainly use the product for issuing and administering business compliance training.

We do a lot of ILT which the system is OK for.

We also have an integration with Lynda.com which CSOD does not do well. The system imports the individual learning objects but doesn't bring across any metadata (ratings, categories, related modules, etc.)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone review by Melissa O.
Melissa O.

"Learning better than Performance but support is lacking"

What do you like best?

We use both Learning and Performance although there is very little linking the two products or a compelling reason to have both systems on the same platform.

Their learning system has been around for along time and has a lot of good features and is being added to all the time. It handles both live instructor led training (ILT) and online classes as well as curricula that includes multiple live training.

There are many things we can automate which is great for larger systems.

Most of the administrator tasks are intuitive and the interface is being improved with each release.

They handle new release management very well with great information on their support site, webinars on new features, good documentation and well followed timelines.

Custom reporting, using a proprietary report builder works very well. I occasionally run into fields that are not available but I can usually get what I need out of the system. There are cons as well, listed below in the dislike section.

Note - in some sections I said we didn't use the content creation capability - this is due to not using any native content creation. We use 3rd party content creation (Articulate and Captivate) to create SCORM content which allows quizes, videos etc and upload that for online courses.

What do you dislike?

By far the biggest dislike is their support. Even with a high-priority issue that effects all users, it can take days to get a response from support. There is an online support system where I can log tickets/cases and then call in to "escalate" the issue but once it moves beyond the super simple, it takes 5+ business days to get someone actually working on the issue. We have a dedicated support manager but again they can do little to really get anyone working on serious issues. Luckily my issues are few but there is much frustration every single time.

Their online support seems to have a lot of information but their search functionality to find what may be there already in terms of articles or in the communities is not useful at all. You can't use true boolean search to use AND for serveral terms so if you can to only include "Custom Reports" no matter what you do it will find Custom OR Reports which is way too generic and returns thousands of hits. You also cannot filter your search by a time frame so you also get a lot of hits from 2012 for example which isn't relevant to the current release.

Many administrative tasks cannot be done in bulk - very click intensive on tasks. Also when you have filtered into a search, for example in your groups, then you edit and save one group you are returned to an unfiltered list and have to re-filter. It just makes things take a long time with way too many clicks. There are some functionality they have improved in this regard but much yet to do.

In Performance, if a task is active, you cannot edit it. This is problematic for a task for ad-hoc performance reviews where the task stays open indefinitely. If you want to edit it, you have to create a new task but you cannot inactivate the old one or you cannot report on it or get to any of the PDF reviews created from it. You CAN pay support much money to edit it for you. Seems like with that happening there is not much incentive for them to allow admins to do the edit themselves.

Groups need to have a few features added such as the ability to include active or inactive as needed for reporting needs. They also need the ability to use relative dates such as the hire date is 30 days from today. Currently you can only specify hire date is greater than 01/01/2018 so to use groups to auto assign onboarding curriculum to new hires, I must update my groups once a month to move that date forward.

Although the custom reporting is nice and is being improved in one of the next releases, sharing a custom report is tricky as it doesn't allow us admins to organize the reports for our end users. We can share a report but it goes to the users general area and not organized by folders or other structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other clients and don't believe everything sales tells you about it's capability which is a good bit of advise for any software. Talk to other clients as much as you can.

Automatic assignment of learning via the learning assignment tool helps us not missing any new hires.

Reporting ability on mandatory training to reduce risk.

Ability for learning admins to enroll users in instructor led training and notify the user via email

What Career Management solution do you use?

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"wonderful LMS"

What do you like best?

CornerStone is very user friendly, it has a seemingly well organized interface and is very easy to run/generate reports. When compared to our previous learning management system, CornerStone is much faster and seemingly more efficient. All sessions that have been added to the new system are easily edited and new sessions can be created very easily as well. Registrants can be easily moved from session to session if any changes or modifications to the date were to occur. This also allows for flawless tracking of employee learning and allows us (the administrator) to document which sessions are really in high demand thus allowing us to better serve our target audience. This in return helps us to be better stewards thereby saving money by only investing in what we know will have a strong return.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we are seemingly unable to easily contact employees registered for a session in CornerStone without emailing them via the program itself. It would make more sense for my team and would be easier if we could email registrants via Outlook but pull the emails from the program. I also don't like how the system doesn't include middle names.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an everyday necessity for me.

We are using CornerStone as our new Learning Management System and it is allowing us to more easily track enrollments and deal with "no shows".,

Cornerstone review by Claudia C.
Claudia C.

"Good for larger enterprises"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone (or CSOD) is a Learning Management System (LMS) that has built a name for itself. It's a big platform, and is good experience for employees to have. Similar to Salesforce, it's a standard in talent development. When I was using CSOD, I worked at a bilingual company so we were able to do some minor user integration with English and another language.

What do you dislike?

Very bulky, takes a while to learn how to use, not particularly user-friendly or interactive. Hard to navigate, and really confusing. In fact, it's so confusing we had a rep from Cornerstone meet with us monthly to go over issues we had, and we had to learn to use various features like ILT. This LMS forces you to be spreadsheet heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this if you are looking to implement this LMS for a longstanding and large company. I don't think that this is as interactive as other Learning Management Systems, but if you're in corporate and you have more important priorities, this is a good service to use as you have ongoing support and capabilities suited for large employee counts. You'll be paying a lot for CSOD.

We had just gone through an M&A and Cornerstone was able to do integrate with our HRIS to add and update users automatically.

Cornerstone review by Administrator

"Cornerstone's Learning solution: helpful, but frustrating"

What do you like best?

On the admin side, Cornerstone makes it easy to store and assign content. For users (in our case, employees) Cornerstone makes it easy to find and complete content (esp. mandatory). It has helped facilitate onboarding and automate many previously-manual L&D processes.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve as an admin in CSOD that I feel I am still climbing after two years as a co-administrator of content in the system. Issues we've had have ranged from large defects in integrations to small sloppy inconsistencies (e.g., checking a box to delete something vs. clicking on a trash can) that make re-teaching the system more difficult than necessary. We've had to design a number of workarounds to solve for a lack of desired features. CSOD Support leaves tickets unattended for long periods of time and is generally unfriendly in responding to issue and requests. "Ugh, Cornerstone" is a common utterance within our team of admins.

Automation of mandatory compliance, security awareness, and general onboarding content has been our biggest benefit. We were also lacking a central record of resources and ILT attendance before implementation.

Cornerstone review by Andrei S.
Andrei S.

"Excellent tool for training and performance management"

What do you like best?

The ability to access a multitude of learning / development activities and training sessions from a single portal is very handy, as our organisation has a variety of development channels it is extremely helpful to have these all sitting under one roof - accessible from a single portal.

I like the fact that I can access development tools and performance tracking tools within the same portal, it is almost natural to have these alongside but not all performance managements systems I've used have this ability.

The audit and comment function on Goals and Performance Review is very handy and allows me to keep track of where I am and to exchange comments with my manager as and when required.

The certificates that you get after completing an activity are quite cool and a nice motivator.

What do you dislike?

It is not very intuitive how to complete/progress with certain activities in the tool, in example when you have declined from a training session you have to open it from your Transcript to archive it - whereas it would've been a lot quicker to mark it archived straight from the Transcript,

The options on the Curriculum training is not very intuitive when you have a number of interdependent tasks that open up as you mark another task completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool for training and performance management - if you are looking at implementing it, ensure you have a skilled administrator to manage it and ensure it is intuitive, user friendly and consistent.

Participate in learning activities to build knowledge and skills, develop goals that drive professional growth. Work with your manager to get the feedback you need to be successful in your role.

Cornerstone review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Cornerstone OnDemand "

What do you like best?

Our Company uses Cornerstone OnDemand for our Performance Management and LMS. Because we use ADP HRIS all our information feeds into the Performance Management and LMS systems and Managers can view all their direct reports information. They can complete the performance reviews easily and assign any necessary training.

What do you dislike?

The system is great as is but it is limited in the customization you can have on the home page without paying for a re-design. However if you do have budget the customization options are amazing and can really allow you to brand the system for your company.

It is our one stop shop for performance management with link included for training for all our users. We are building out our LMS portion to move more training on online to allow employees to complete at their own pace.

Cornerstone review by Fanny Z.
Fanny Z.

"Teacher performance made easy"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Cornerstone is the way I can easily track my progress in my career field. It makes it quick and simply for my manager give feedback on growth and setbacks.Any additional objectives needing attention can also be found on my dashboard as well.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Cornerstone is the the setup of the website. I personally feel as if there is an extremely confusing setup for no reason. While many tabs can be easily accessed there are other things that don't make that much sense as far as layout is concerned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I HIGHLY recommend Cornerstone OnDemand for all employers and employees. It's so easy to track performance as well as keep up with your won growth. It puts the accountability on the company as well as workers making it easier to reflect.

I don't have any "business problems" to solve per say. I mainly have only objectives to finish at the end of each quarter. Usually reflections to do of my own or of my direct manager and principals based on performance management.

Cornerstone review by Christian M.
Christian M.

"Bulky and Outdated"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone makes it relatively simple to assign learning and track your team's progress.

What do you dislike?

The system as a whole feels far out of date. The search function is abysmal and the reports are often completely inaccurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into another system. While it'll get the job done, it certainly is not the most innovative or easy to use. You may find something else offers more and fits your budget.

Compliance is incredibly important in pharmaceuticals. Cornerstone helps us keep track of mandatory courses relatively smoothly.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Could it be any clunkier?"

What do you like best?

It works for training registration for our instructor led trainings. It seems to have little down-time. It offers tools like evaluations for instructor led training.

What do you dislike?

Trying to navigate the system is a nightmare and their "on demand customer success center" is extremely difficult to navigate and timeconsuming to find answers to specific questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't recommend Cornerstone as an LMS or the Cornerstone OnDemand customer success center. It seems like in trying to be a jack of all trades It is possibly a master of none. At least it doesn't seem to work well for the ones I've investigated..

We just use it to allow clients to register for training. I am trying to add evaluations to the trainings, but this is proving difficult.

Cornerstone review by Whitney B.
Whitney B.

"Very user-friendly, complete HR system"

What do you like best?

Great interface! Highly customize-able. Very easy to build, administer, and participate in trainings. Intergrates well with other systems, including Workday. Great tracking and dashboarding.

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to modify and administer. Does not work well with mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A bit pricey and not the easiest to install, but the functionality is all there - HR, onboarding, LMS, performance tracking. It's a great LMS, if it adds more value than it's worth, so it's probably not right for every company.

Primarily using Cornerstone for company-wide learning and training tool (including compliance and awareness). Easy to disseminate to all users and track performance and completion.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Support is lacking and company focuses on initial sales rather than good customer service"

What do you like best?

Helpful to have an LMS system in place. Office Hours program is beneficial.

What do you dislike?

Not enough attention to user input before launching new features causes the enhancements to fall short of being valuable in more than just one static scenario. Pain points remain problematic for years and years with no hope of improvement to inherent design flaws.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a basic LMS it will meet the need, but it will cost additional for every tiny work order you need when the system doesn't readily function as you need for a project. It does not scale well if you have over 10k employees. Often runs extremely slowly, especially in pilot portals.

Automated enrollments for Corporate compliance assignments. Easier reporting and tracking.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Supermarkets
Administrator in Supermarkets

"Customizable, user-friendly LMS"

What do you like best?

This client is easily customized to tailor your business needs and allows for governance to be regimented or lenient as needed. Usability is especially easy for basic users and moderate for administrators.

What do you dislike?

Standard reporting can occasionally duplicate or provide unreliable data. This can easily be avoided by using custom reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using this system for a large business, consider a pilot system for administrators to learn and create a library of job aids on processes that require multiple steps.

My business migrated from SuccessFactors to Cornerstone OnDemand two years ago and begin rebuilding our learning objects to reduce redundancies, be more user-friendly, and provide flexibility for learning for multiple levels of stakeholders in a retail business.

Cornerstone review by Tim W.
Tim W.

"The product looks good but is not for everyone"

What do you like best?

The overall interface for users is clean and modern. They have an excellent client support site with plenty of training options and forums to discuss issues with other administrators.

What do you dislike?

Their certification module is underdeveloped and inconsistent with the rest of the LMS module. We need this functionality because we are heavily regulated but continue to run into issues on both the user and administrative side. Because this is an optional add-on module, many of their customers don't have it so their is not a lot of priority for them to update. There are other administrative functions that are cumbersome at best. It seems like Cornerstone is focused on updating their product line like expanding into HCM and Analytics and their interface but there is a lot of core functionality that needs to be updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow best practices for any new project including a thorough requirements gathering. Bring anyone who will touch the product into that process and make sure their requirements are captured. When you meet with Cornerstone, ensure that what its features match your requirements and that they are all in production in the system, not just in development. Talk to other customers who are in your industry and/or have similar requirements to see what their experience has been. As with any software vendor, when you get to the end of the year or the quarter they will offer you all kinds of discounts to sign the contract. Don't let this rush you into making a poor decision.

Before Cornerstone we struggled with training records management, especially with compliance-related training. We also were doing all of our performance management including annual reviews and goal setting on paper. Cornerstone helped us "digitalize" and standardize many of these processes and has helped our record keeping in those areas tremendously.

Cornerstone review by Dimitris K.
Dimitris K.

"implemented learning, performance and succession clouds in own company"

What do you like best?

User friendly application, modular and salable with great features. Especially the on going upgrade due to SAAS is a great plus.

What do you dislike?

There are certain limitations in the leaning could when an organisation needs to "push" learning. Although the functionality is there, the system is more on the "pull", so user driven learning than "push" from top down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clear requirements and scope before starting engagement.

Clear road map of at least 5 years of you HR

Engage your leadership stakeholders very early and get buy in on the road map

Build gateways in you implementation plan, where and how you can keep up scaling or simply stop and change.

Start change management way before the implementation project starts

Manage your content : keep your users experience high, engaged and deliver what is promised to them.

Involve your end users early to get a feel and manage expectations.

Enabling a self directed and agile learning organisation.

Performance management, succession and workforce planning.

Cornerstone review by Chelsea R.
Chelsea R.

"Robust and Customizable Talent Management Suite"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone is a well developed Talent Management system that has a very robust list of features that are easily configured and branded to meet your organizational needs. The interface is user friendly and the "clouds" (Learning, Performance, Succession, Recruiting, Connect) integrate very nicely. However, one of my favorite things about Cornerstone is the community--they have excellent staff and support team, and they provide many opportunities for Clients to engage with each other, network and share best practices and ideas. There is opportunity for clients to voice their needs and suggestions and they really listen to their customers.

What do you dislike?

While much of the system has a great, clean design, there are a few pages that are not quite updated yet although I know they are working on updating the remaining pages. So there is a little inconsistency in look and feel to some of the pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have found Cornerstone to be a great tool to help us engage and develop our staff. I recommend getting involved in the Cornerstone Communities of Practice, local user groups, and other networking opportunities. I've learned and grown so much interacting and sharing with other clients.

We primarily use Cornerstone for Performance Management and Succession. They have enabled us to implement a new staff/supervisor relationship model that encourages continual feedback. We've replaced our Annual Reviews with a process throughout the year. Staff and supervisors are building better relationships, work expectations and Goals are clear and trackable, staff are creating development plans, and they are getting the affirmation, coaching, and feedback that they need.

Cornerstone review by Casey C.
Casey C.

"Cornerstone OnDemand LMS"

What do you like best?

The user interface is clean and our users really like the ease of use. We can control the security permissions to allow users to have some, most, or all features available to them. And we can control it by location which is important to us.

What do you dislike?

Every time we want to make an enhancement there's no easy way to get it done. We can't pay to have updates made me have to submit a suggestion and hope others see the value and vote it into the system. At times this is frustrating when our enhancements aren't wants to us but needs due to an audit finding that we can't close because we can't make necessary updates to the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

List to what they are saying and not saying before you sign the deal. Ask to meet with others besides the sales team who will pitch you what you are looking to hear. Make them show you real life examples of how they will meet your needs - it will save you a lot of time later. Buy the most expensive support package you can afford because the support can sometimes be painfully slow.

We use the LMS portion of Cornerstone OnDemand and the comprehensive reporting helps us to stay compliant in audits and in our day to day maintenance of the system. User's are able to clearly see on their homepage which courses are incomplete and receive automated reminders of upcoming and overdue training which helps us with our KPIs.

Cornerstone review by Lauren F.
Lauren F.

"Cornerstone OnDemand an Organic Product that values feedback"

What do you like best?

The product is very robust and provides so many possibilities that giving feedback and getting support is crucial! Cornerstone sincerely values feedback from their users and gives support in various ways. Aside from the company's online Help, user guides, and user forums, if I am unsure of how to do something I can reach out during daily "Office Hours" to discuss my scenario or I can call customer support directly. We also have a great rapport with our CSM (Customer Service Manager) whom we can reach out to for unique situations and along with our quarterly meetings. On top of that there is also an opportunity on a quarterly basis to network at a regional one day event with other Cornerstone Admins.

We have had many of our customers find great value in the Performance Goals feature and managers truly prefer doing their annual reviews and periodic goal reviews in the system.

What do you dislike?

Cornerstone has releases that occur on a quarterly basis and keeping up all that is newly being released or updated can take time, if you do not have a process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of your implementation team they make a big difference and then network with other admins at the quarterly User Group meetings. They are helpful for all.

We use the Learning, Performance, Succession, and Connect modules. And truly each piece has helped us to streamline and improve our processes.

Cornerstone review by Joseph M.
Joseph M.

"Intuitive and compact"

What do you like best?

Reporting, user navigation, course assignment and setup. Online community to seek help from other users and you never feel like no one is home to help you out, even if the support is hit or miss.

What do you dislike?

Support. Luckily we have networked good relationships with people at Cornerstone to get good help. The generic feedback you get is vague and often times the equivalent of dealing with a disgruntled Subway worker, you feel as if you're inconveniencing them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chose for a quick easy learning experience. A simple way to navigate and create course content. Help is at your fingertips if you want to research and find it through the awesome online community. If you need specialized help you can schedule to sit in at any of the 5 office hour webex meetings for help where your receive free personalized service. Sometimes you can get poor service through "quick" help methods such as phone or e-mail. You'll often be directed to open a work ticket and wait for help, which is fine if your issue isn't urgent.

Training, course library housing, daily course assignment, hiring and onboarding. We are able to create reports for a diverse work group and give accurate information to all of our branches based on training completions and assignments; this directly relates to performance reviews and compliance standards that ensure our company are up to par with the competition. Cornerstone gives us a way to house training and easily create curriculums, store and manage learning objectives and even upload our own in house created course content.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Customization platform to fit a wide variety of HR needs"

What do you like best?

There was an abundance of functions/customization options available to use to build an interface that was appealing to the user. We utilized the built in widget options, the dashboard and more. In creating either online webinar sessions or registration pages, we were able to offer full details on the curriculum or event that was taking place. Including uploading docs, other important information that the user may need. The registration and wait list options allowed us to track our employees attendance and the popularity of the sessions being offered. The ability to send out customized email confirmations using our own company default (outlook) worked well.

What do you dislike?

While the customization options worked well in most cases for us, it also created complications. It either hindered what we were trying to do or we were not made aware that the functions that were available.

We needed the ability to track class/webinar/event registrations and run reports that included various data points that needed to be referenced. Including status of compliance course progress, year of completion and other related data to the courses being offered.

Cornerstone review by Bree B.
Bree B.

"Industry Leader in Talent Management"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone is a leader in the talent management industry and it shows. The technology world is fast moving and with it there are quarterly enhancement cycles to continuously improve the product and meet our client needs. Our users find it easy to use with little need for user guides or quick references as it mimics the layout of common sites that users are familiar with if they navigate the internet. The Search tool is robust, the ability to customize top-notch, and we have found the reporting to be a powerful tool. Beyond the system itself, the support we receive from Cornerstone as well as other clients has been a game-changer in how we leverage Cornerstone to offer our users the best of the best and aid in their learning and development.

What do you dislike?

At times it feels as though Cornerstone is growing faster than it can keep up with some of the demands of it's "older" features. Clients have a voice in the direction of the product and priorities in enhancements but there have been some small enhancements that clients have been waiting for while seeing other parts of the system expand. I would say having more support with product development and user experience would easily diminish this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get together a list of everything you demand out of the product and provide use cases that can be showcased. Make sure it can meet your needs first. Ask questions not only of Cornerstone but of other clients. Cornerstone has created an awesome network of peer to peer support with its clients as well as a forum to get your questions answered and find unique ways to better use it. Take advantage of these offerings.

There are numerous business opportunities that Cornerstone has guides us almost seamlessly through. We are able to deliver virtual content across a large region, add an easy social learning platform, get relevant content out to our learners in time and on time, as well as automate a lot of our processes allowing us to better serve our customers and devote time in other areas.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Underwhelming"

What do you like best?

Everything looks great on paper, but it is not well received by our employees and it seems to take a great deal of effort to implement different features.

What do you dislike?

Requires a full-time employee to run this system which we don't have. It is a little too complex and robust for our needs (500 employees).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire a full time admin and designate someone as the project lead for implementation. We set this up with a handful of people giving partial attention to the project and I don't think we are making the most of its features.

Compliance reporting is helpful as well as the global search feature. The performance management team used to do everything in Excel and they are thrilled with the electronic management of this process through CSOD.

Cornerstone review by Joanna B.
Joanna B.

"Cornerstone for Training "

What do you like best?

I like the search feature best, it's easy to use if you can't find certain things in your transcript.

What do you dislike?

That not all assignments or trainings are found on the home page or your transcript

We use it for internal training, job aids, resources. It's a nice system to house all of that information and be able to go back and search for past trainings or job aids

Cornerstone review by Glen R.
Glen R.

"Great platform for learning!"

What do you like best?

The support during implementation allows you to begin to use the product from the start. The support continues through both official channels and through client user groups. Finally, the product gets periodic updates that improve functionality.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that the platform is robust, so it can take some time to learn fully. You can use it from day 1, but it will take time to develop properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invite the team in for a trial and demo. They can assist in so many ways that you may not even know you need.

We have centralized all of our training and are now able to track and report on it as needed. This allows us greater visibility and was to plan for the future.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"While it may meet developers expectations, the end user gets an old school experience "

What do you like best?

This review is based on using the Learning suite and parts of the Performance suite. My company uses it to register thousands of learners into mandated and optional trainings. It keeps that data well and serves as our system of record.

What do you dislike?

What our learners see and experience distinctly lacks contemporary design and often there are so many clicks to get to what you want. The standard reports are just too basic so we always have to design custom reports and use external software like Tableau to report them out.

Registering and confirming learners for our training unit’s catalog of learning programs.

Cornerstone review by Administrator

"Fully customizable LMS client that makes employee learning a breeze!"

What do you like best?

The functionality of the system is good overall, it's fairly intuitive and generally meets the needs of all levels of stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

Some of the processes can be clunky and the functionality slows with shared computers. Troubleshooting aids go hand-in-hand with daily use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create customized troubleshooting guides to aid stakeholders with any challenges that arise. The help options within the system aren't specific or detailed enough.

It's a one-stop-shop for e-learning and can house training for a multi-dimensional company, which makes it easy for employees to find relevant information for anything from on-the-job training to development.

Cornerstone review by Beau C.
Beau C.

"Great Software and Company"

What do you like best?

We use almost every module of Cornerstone and love how everything works seamlessly together.

What do you dislike?

We honestly have not found a downside to using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far so good, so its a highly recommended Software to switch to if the company is allowed. and implement everymodule they have, as they are very useful.

With each of the modules we use it has helped us streamline the process, cross talk with other departments and the ease to complete the task has been much better.

Cornerstone review by Adam L.
Adam L.

"Powerful and complex"

What do you like best?

A powerful tool for creating and tracking training. Putting large curricula together? Easy! Yearly compliance trainings? Easy! Found a YouTube video you want to list as training? Easy! Reporting is powerful and requires little manipulation outside of the system to show meaningful data.

What do you dislike?

Enhancement requests can be a bit of a pain to get. However, I recognize this is due to the fact that not every enhancement will get its own preference (meaning it would affect all customers) and there is limited customization of the code on a per customer basis. Reporting on what hasn't happened (for example, who hasn't completed some sort of compliance training) can be difficult in some situations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have detailed standards and processes prior to going live such as naming standards for learning objects and process documents for filling in details and options. Building these after the fact is challenging and may mean that reporting data is close to useless.

One of our in house tools has specific training requirements. These requirements were previously tracked manually and infraction reports run frequently. The process has now been automated using web services to check transcript data.

Cornerstone review by Éva-Sofia B.
Éva-Sofia B.

"Cutting Edge Technology"

What do you like best?

I’ve been working with Cornerstone products for 3 years now at two different companies, and I’ve been impressed and satisfied with the overall system and functionality offered. Of course, the more modules you have in the system, the more impressive the analytics and integration of the data you load, but even with just the Learning and Performance modules it’s a great tool that provides wonderful talent and learning administration and reporting. Over time, the interface has become more and more user friendly, and now with the new Universal Profile and system updates related to that, users are presented with a familiar, facebook-ish feel that is easy to learn and navigate. Another very positive direction Cornerstone has taken is to create a more visual, image-based interface, although there are still pages that are being updated to create a complete and consistent look and feel. I’m also a huge fan of the reporting options in the system. As far as custom reports go it takes a little getting used to how information is pulled, but once you know the system and the data, you can really pull all sorts of information. They recently made it even better because you can build graphs in custom reports now, which makes it easier than loading the data into excel and doing the work there. Overall though, I really can’t stress how easy it is for admins to navigate the system. Sure, as a System Administrator things can get a little more complicated as far as maintaining security/permission roles and deciding back end settings, but for the people in your organization that you designate as training coordinators or instructors, it’s really simple for them to learn how to run reports, enroll employees, add events and sessions, manage rosters, etc.. There’s also the option to build custom pages which is super cool! I’d never really learned much about HTML coding, but recently suggested we build some of our organization’s new performance management programs as custom pages in Cornerstone rather than in SharePoint…..meaning I ended up having that job…..and it was so easy to build some really cool, functional pages. With minimal experience (and a lot of web searching on coding), we ended up with some really great pages that connected to other areas of the system such as signing up for classes, etc.. Having the Data Load Wizard has been a great asset too in order to feed large amounts of data into the system without having to enter lines one-by-one.

All in all, I’ve definitely enjoyed working with the Cornerstone system and its wonderful employees! I went to their Cornerstone Convergence conference last year as well, and all of the products they offer and how they fit together to provide amazing features like predictive analytics is super exciting to see! Cornerstone definitely has a vision and is on the cutting edge of Talent and Learning Management.

What do you dislike?

As I said above, although the reporting capabilities are pretty amazing, there are also some issues with the data pulled. It's important to understand what you're getting and how the data is collected on the backend before trusting the accuracy of the report. There have been times where an employee completed a class, but the report says they haven't, because the system is pulling the MOST RECENT data, and the employee accidentally signed up for another session of the class but then withdrew when they realized they already took the course, leading the system to pull the withdrawn status, not the completed. Of course all of the data is there, you just have to be smart and double-check your results sometimes. I'll also admit there are times where we may run up against issues with what we’d LIKE the system to do, and what it is actually able to do, or system errors that need to be looked at on the Cornerstone end (something like emails not firing the way they should, or an area of the system not working the way we thought it would), but every time I’ve had problems and I’ve reached out to their Global Support or to our Client Success Manager, they’ve been extremely helpful. Global Support may not know the answer right away but they always get back to me with a fix or answers to why things are happening, and our Client Success Manager (at both companies I worked for) went out of their way to help me troubleshoot and find workarounds to suite our needs.

Working with the Cornerstone learning module definitely shortens the time it takes to manage classes, registration, reporting, assigning compliance training and tracking completion. Evaluating training is also much more accessible to report on and draw conclusions from, rather than utilizing a paper system.

As far as Performance Management - it's just such a great system that makes for a consistent program used across the city and gives the option to connect classes and learning opportunities to competencies and development. Right now the company I work for is trying to create a consistent perf manag program and Cornerstone is a lynchpin in that process.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Pay-per-feature rich and slightly antiquated feel"

What do you like best?

There are many options available for setting up various LMS learning object. Cornerstone has been around a while and has obviously built a lot of options into the software.

What do you dislike?

The interface and user experience are not friendly. Setting up objects often requires navigating to 3-4 places on the site. The integration options really leave a lot to be desired. To use APIs or an FTP site to transfer data without support from CSOD is an additional cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your requirements outlined before scoping cost and get answers from the sales team on which features are included with cost and which are add on. Most seem to be add-ons.

We are in the process of rolling out a company-wide LMS that is replacing several older processes managed by department.

Cornerstone review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Improved usability - still not intuitive"

What do you like best?

The progress bars. As a manager its easy to evaluate how far along in a long goal and employee assesses themselves to be and is helpful in realignment conversations.

What do you dislike?

This system continues to struggle with intuitive usability. For instance, there is are several places and ways people can enter or maintain goals, but none of these are connected or interchangeable.

We use Cornerstone OnDemand for performance management. I am not a fan of this system and find the lack of intuitive features frustrates people on my team as well.

Cornerstone review by Erick B.
Erick B.

"Cornerstone Taking Training to a hole New Level"

What do you like best?

The option of create custom pages, this is not only useful for our coding process but for the final material to our users, when you take care of the continuous education of your people they take care of your business, this is a reality on our Talent Management Team.

What do you dislike?

There's not that much of dislike with the platform at all... I might say the little lack of support for international coworkers who need to reach out a global support, It might be really helpful to have regional support and/or training.

The reliability of our training, curricula and courses which creates this synergy not limited to out team and the employees but include our partners all around our offices

Cornerstone review by Crystalrose R.
Crystalrose R.

"Continuious Leader "

What do you like best?

I love that Cornerstone is continuously looking for the best way to advance and up the bar in all aspects of Talent Management. They take the clients opinion and work their road map around OUR requests. They are in the business to work with their clients and make the best user friendly modules. They also work to help other clients work together and network or share ideas of how they are using the different modules. Whether it be at the annual conference, quarterly offsite meetings with other clients or connecting in their Client Success Center they make idea sharing easy and encourage it!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a few releases to see the full picture of a newly released function and decide if you are going to launch it to your full audience. Working with Global Product Services in the past has been a bit of an issue trying to get tickets resolved and while CSOD has made incredible changes over the last year, sometimes we still run into a problem here and there where we need to reach out for further assistance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cornerstone is a great tool that allows you to pick and choose what modules you want and don't want to use, whether you are purchasing the full suite or just one available module, remember to look at the full picture when deciding to either go with CSOD or another provider. If you aren't sure that CSOD offers the module you are looking for or if you don't think the system has the capability, ask. The system is very robust with continuing advances at least once a quarter.

We are based in multiple countries with multiple languages and Cornerstones presence across the globe helps us to bring our stakeholders up to speed and present something to them that is not just Americas based it is truly a global tool that everyone can use with the help of different language packages and Cornerstones multiple provider relationships we can work to make sure we touch on everything that is needed across the globe and business units.

Cornerstone review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Comprehensive and flexible with great product support"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone has the flexibility to satisfy a vast array of learning management needs. It is easily customized which allows it to be simplified or expanded upon depending on the target audience and business needs. The customer service level that is offered by Cornerstone is outstanding. From the online community, the weekly Success live sessions, our success manager, our geographical usergroup, the annual conference, and the global tech support center, I can rest assured that as a client my needs are being met and my expectations are constantly exceeded. Additionally, Cornerstone sources product enhancement recommendations and ideas from their clients and actually implement many of these ideas.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a learning cure involved in learning the system and gaining insight into how to best use the features and settings. A dedicated admin is a must. Anyone can be taught the basic administrative features and functions, but it truly takes a dedicated admin to have eyes on the inherent complexity of running such a robust system that continues to receive improvements and updates. Cornerstone is a dynamic solution that needs to be maintained in order to maximize the benefits to the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While considering Cornerstone, I encourage you get connected with current clients early on in your process so that you can learn from their implementation experiences and their current expertise.

Previous to implementing Cornerstone we had a very archaic database to enter training records, rosters sat in a drawer, and we relied exclusively upon Instructor Led Training as a delivery mode. We have vastly expanded our bandwidth as a department, we are able to offer multiple training modes to include video, online courses, and job aids that can all be delivered through one streamlined solution. It has offered a way to organize multiple training programs simultaneously as well as report at multiple levels of the organization and deliver customized learning solutions to targeted audiences. The customized reporting is so easy and helpful. The report features alone have vastly improved our productivity and communication through every level.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Cornerstone helps our employees at their pace and schedule"

What do you like best?

My favorite is the ability for our employees to complete their training at their time and pace. With the ability to use Cornerstone on their mobile devices, we find that our employees are exploring more content than they have in other learning formats.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more books and tedstyle talks. While I know the community is constantly expanding, this is one area that our employees are constantly looking for more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Especially recommend if you purchase SCORM files from other vendors

With the integration into Workday, we see this being an added benefit to tracking employees career pathing objectives. For instance, I can easily pull a report which shows me who is taking classes such as "Is Management for me?"

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Chemicals
Administrator in Chemicals

"Great functionality, powerful analytics!"

What do you like best?

One of the best aspects of CSOD is reporting and analytics. CSOD gives up to data, real time reporting on a number of data groups which makes reporting simple, quick and easy. This feature allows managers to see trends and delegate resources more effectively as well as ensure compliance for their direct reports.

What do you dislike?

There a couple of areas in the system I feel could be enhanced such as a way you could manually load completion dates for curricula and a way to report out on Proxy Enrollments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall great system, it takes a lot of the redundant work out of learning management.

We utilize CSOD for all of our online and Instructor Led EHS training. We also use CSOD to assign, track and certify our unit operators for our chemicals division. Using Proxy Enrollments for our compliance training ensure that the correct populations are receiving the correct training at the correct frequency and all records can be access from one central location.

Cornerstone review by Tessa P.
Tessa P.

"Just Changed to Cornerstone"

What do you like best?

We just recently transitioned to the Cornerstone system from the Chex learning module system. Cornerstone offer so much data and so many options that it's easy to get lost in the information/lessons. It takes a bit to get used to, but once learned, the system is functional.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to get lost and get buried in the windows and information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It handles what it's needed to handle with large groups of people across multiple campuses. It may take you in circles but you'll get there.

None

"Do not recommend :("

What do you like best?

Recent updates in Cornerstone has made candidate profiles look visibly appealing.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I do not know where to begin. It is not user friendly. We recruit for multiple public schools and therefore we have external staff review candidates on Cornerstone but it is complex and not simple to use that many of our principals refuse to use it. There are times when automated emails get sent to our candidates even though that is not a feature we selected. Sometimes the drop down menu does not show and therefore we cannot access our candidates. Once you create an application and it is live, you cannot make minor changes, you need to create a new one. Cornerstone just creates unnecessary manual steps for us. Honestly, the list goes on...

We primarily use it as an ATS and performance management across our organization.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"Lost"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that the system has many different functionalities such as being able to upload many different training types and send them out in various forms or fashions. It is helpful to have the success center and be able to research and review what other users are doing in the system. Often times when I have an issue it is likely that someone else has already had the same issue and can offer input.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no "undo" button on many features. There is no easy fix or undo because the system is so large. We had an admin that was completely over their head and did not ask for help and they created total chaos in the system and it has taken almost a full 6 months and countless consulting hours with Cornerstone to get the system back where in order.

Cornerstone has allowed us to centralize our training. Before Cornerstone, employees were having to go to several different sites for various training types. We are able to house and track our training in Cornerstone, which has been extremely beneficial to our end users because now training is in one spot and it is a single sign-on account.

User in Education Management

"Cornerstone as Tool to Manage Employment Tools"

What do you like best?

I do like that there is a hub or portal where I can access all reviews, documents, paystubs, opportunities, etc. It is very convenient to go to Cornerstone and access and locate anything I may need in relation to my employment with my company. I have used it to also access professional development within my company.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be confusing to navigate. I wanted to print out my W2's and had to use the search function to locate. I do not know if this is how my employer has set up the page, or if all Cornerstone is structured that way. I think it would also be helpful to have training to utilize the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give your employees training on how best to use Cornerstone to meet their needs rather than just saying it exists.

I use Cornerstone to look for opportunities for advancement within my company as well as find information related or pertaining to my pay stubs. It also is a management tool for my formal observations.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace
Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace

"Cornerstone Review"

What do you like best?

The end-user experience is really solid. Our users have been extremely pleased with the platform. We were used to an antiquated system, so having this fresh, new experience has been extremely beneficial.

What do you dislike?

There are many things I dislike about Cornerstone. The administration of the system is cumbersome. There are many things about the system that are unable to be modified, making it very difficult for us to use it to meet our needs. We have had to change many processes to accommodate. Different aspects of Cornerstone that should be similar seem to be completely different--making me believe that the different departments are siloed within the organization (i.e. Curriculum and Certifications).

The technical help we received has been lacking. We are very disappointed with our customer service experience. Cornerstone does not do a good job managing their third party vendors, and getting help when needed has been very difficult. We have had several experiences where we have had to wait over 1 1/2 months to get the help we needed, which is unacceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good system, just make sure to have a proper contract review and do not leave anything non-specific.

We replaced an antiquated system, so Cornerstone has solved many of our needs. Although the administrative side of Cornerstone has not been a good experience for us, our end-users are experiencing many benefits, and that is the most important thing.

Cornerstone review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Powerful, flexible and easy to use learning system"

What do you like best?

The ability to deliver learning across the organization for various different approval processes and needs.

What do you dislike?

We have an integration with Workday and wish that the integration was a little more flexible in regards to the user data that you can get from that integration.

We are able to target audiences and deliver just in time learning in a very automated way without having to manually manager audiences ongoing for various training needs.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Product - Still Needs Some Work"

What do you like best?

Great community and there are a lot of ways to get the information you need to solve a problem. There are the Communities of Practice, the Office Hours Calls, there are the online search features which will bring up training videos and other things as well. There is a wealth of information and ways to find what you are looking for on their site.

What do you dislike?

Job Ad is not as flexible as I would like it to be. It is not as fluid as the other provider that we had in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a complete dialog with all the key players who will be using the system. Discuss all of the features that you would like to see in the system prior to implementation with your representative. Think outside the box and ask for things that you want in a system. Discuss problems you had with your old system and ask how this system can address the situation.

It is allowing us to create multiple pages for our academic recruitment with one vendor instead of outsourcing and saves on costs.

Cornerstone review by Antonio S.
Antonio S.

"Cornerstone Review"

What do you like best?

Pretty much nothing. The application lacks so much that there is really nothing good to talk about.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of clicks needed to get to course. Not only that, after you take a course, then you must find your way back to sign it. If you upload videos then there is no control to see who watch it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for something that promtes Learning Tool Interoperability (LTI)

No benefits. We solved the problem of being able to track training taken.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Railroad Manufacture
Administrator in Railroad Manufacture

"CSOD Admin"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for administrators - I came in with little to no HRIS experience and was able to administer the system with little to no training

What do you dislike?

Not intuitive for end users - we get lots of complaints from internal customers about not being able to use specific browsers for specific courses etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a specific HRIS admin for a product that can dedicate the time needed to get your money's worth for the product

Training compliance for federal regulations and performance management. Once the system is set up correctly it is relatively hands off!

Cornerstone review by Deborah B.
Deborah B.

"Constantly updating and improving"

What do you like best?

I love the quarterly updates. With each of these updates, new features are released and enhancements to old features are provided. Also CSOD gives a space to customers to recommend features that would be beneficial to them, and every release they use this list to make improvements.

What do you dislike?

There was a huge learning curve as an administrator. Although their train the trainer learning has improved from when I started using this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need someone to manage the system because there are a lot of parts and it is updating every quarter. Also the more components of CSOD you have the more powerful it will be.

Reporting on completed training is pretty easy and providing email reports makes our managers happy because they have less steps to get to the information that they need.

Cornerstone review by Administrator

"An user-friendly tool which is in constant development"

What do you like best?

I like the display, which make the end-user experience really pleasant. The functionalities, such as communities allow to make a real link between all the employees. It is also really attractive that all different HR aspects can be found in CSOD (even if some are still being developed). The possibility to configure the system by ourselves (with support) is also great.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning, the user accesses can be complicated to manage, but as since as you get used to it, it gets more simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be really specific in your requirements and do not hesitate to contact CSOD team if you have any questions. Enjoy the more presentation you can get on the system, they can always bring ideas.

The tool allows us to handle training and recruitment in a software which is available in all our locations, It makes work more efficient

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Simplifying isn't always Simple"

What do you like best?

The reporting metrics and analytics were strong.

What do you dislike?

The system was a lot of work to set up and took a lot of time to input all the competencies and customize the way our company wanted to use the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We were in the process of developing a new performance management process and implementing Cornerstone at the same time. Make sure that you have your ducks in line on how your want your process to work before you start the implementation with Cornerstone so you know the tool can do everything you want it to do.

We were developing a new performance management program based on goals and competencies and wanted to streamline it and make it digital to get rid of all the "paperwork" and manual effort associated with reviews. In the end, the system didn't really work very well for us because we could not get the back end algorithms to align properly even though Cornerstone provide a lot of special support for us.

Cornerstone review by Tenia D.
Tenia D.

"Learning management"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface the best. It is a very simple design and the system is fairly easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the drop down menu as it does not always function properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It looks nice, but make sure you offer comprehensive training to employees at initial implementation.

It has made keeping trainings in one place easy. It also solves the problem of signing up for web based trainings.

Cornerstone review by Administrator

"Nice vendors partnership and most needed functionalities available"

What do you like best?

Professional support given by consultants to adapt a SaaS software to our environment. Learning and Performance module are mature (all wishing funcionalities available)

What do you dislike?

Need to improve "HR Administration" experience -> software is very powerful for end user experience

The learning module helps us to manage training expiration dates (mandatory by regulations/certification) and to provide e-learning to end users.

Recruitment processes were not centralised but handled by individual business units via HR business partners. This resulted in varying recruitment standards across the company and inconsistent ways of working. Hiring requests were made via paper and had to be discussed at weekly meetings, with managers having to physically sign papers for recruitment approval. We wanted to simplify and reduce HR administration to help the rest of the business better understand HR processes and to contribute to the overall efficiency of the company.

Cornerstone review by Marika B.
Marika B.

"Easy to use program "

What do you like best?

Charts are easy to find and every patients record is very detailed. Format is very easy to learn and program has minimal issues.

What do you dislike?

There can be a lot of information that it becomes overwhelming but it can easily be fixed when you become more familiar with each process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy program that allows you to record a lot of data on each patient. Simple viewing bar that allows you to see what you are looking for.

It creates easy to access information for each patient and learn about past histories

Cornerstone review by Leif A.
Leif A.

"We have been a client with Cornerstone for just over 1 year. We have 8000+ active users. "

What do you like best?

We enjoy the simplicity of the interface. Our end users are in a fast paced retail environment and simple user friendly navigation is a must. Cornerstone has nailed this for us.

What do you dislike?

Reporting. Currently we struggle with reporting of curricula. The majority of our training offerings are curriculum based and the reporting is a bit weak in this area.

We are able to provide compliance and role specific training to our entire employee base automatically using the Cornerstone LMS. Our Managers are able to easily track employee progress and add additional training as needed.

Cornerstone review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Cornerstone OnDemand"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone OnDemand offers a lot of customization to fit a large variety of different types of companies. The system can be quite flexible in many areas, and the quarterly releases do a lot to allow you to prepare for new features.

What do you dislike?

It can be quite intimidating for a first-timer to navigate the various settings and menus of the system. There are a lot of resources for troubleshooting issues, but doesn't seem to be well-organized or the information is out-of-date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cornerstone is a great piece of software that can be flexible enough to fit your needs. Even though it has a steep learning curve, the training available can be very helpful and there are a lot of resources at your disposal to learn the system.

Clients have purchased CSOD and I provide support for them. For many clients, CSOD is a solid solution for talent management as it can automate many processes that used to be a time-consuming manual process.

Cornerstone review by Brennan A.
Brennan A.

"Great tool for new training department"

What do you like best?

Currently, we are in the process of implementing Cornerstone at our organization. The sales representative, implementation specialist and support team have all been very engaged with us from day one. Any time we have a question or run into an issue, we are provided same-day support. We are currently taking modules on how the system work which are world-class. It is very helpful for us to leverage this material as we move forward with implementation.

What do you dislike?

Cornerstone does not provide certain functionality that I would think would be a given unless you pay more for it. For example, I would consider designating and designing a certification process for a user to complete certain modules in order to be given a certificate would be a standard for the LMS. However, the ability to do this comes at an extra cost from Cornerstone.

To provide context, my organization has never had a training department or LMS. The training department is in its infancy, less than 2 years old. The biggest initiative of the training department was to select a LMS provider that is easy to install and user friendly. We wanted this to drive adoption in our organization to use the LMS as a new tool to train employees and customers.

From the small pool of users involved in this project, I've noticed that everyone is excited about the opportunities that Cornerstone's LMS will provide to our organization. We will have to put in safeguards on who can assign, see, and take content, all of which Cornerstone has best practices for.

Cornerstone review by Megan T.
Megan T.

"Cornerstone is an expensive but thorough LMS solution"

What do you like best?

Robust platform, relatively simple to use, lots of reports to choose from, customizable, deep links to courses were helpful

What do you dislike?

Building knowledge tests directly in there was confusing and difficult to maintain

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're honest about the cost of their service - this is not a tool for small businesses.

At my former company, we housed all of our online training in Cornerstone for thousands of employees to have access to. We also used it to coordinate and track instructor-led training as well as other activities and resources.

Cornerstone review by Vivian H.
Vivian H.

"CSOD one systems for all Talent Management Needs"

What do you like best?

Love the support we receive from our Client Success Manager Jocelyne, The support we get when we call into the Global Product Support line and TONS of resources and training videos through their online client success center.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes even though there is a wealth of information and trainings on their success center, it can be overwhelming at times. I think it also takes a special brain to understand the administration of the system.

We have had successfully our performance review cycle online through CSOD for a few years now, and just last year launched succession planning/talent reviews through the system instead of manually through excel spreadsheets. We are looking this year to refreshing & realigning our learning content and better leveraging the capabilities of the system from the learning management side.

Cornerstone review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use for annual review"

What do you like best?

The Cornerstone system makes it easy to complete an annual review by walking you through the process step by step, keeping track of your progress, and saving your goals from the previous year, allowing you to recall the information without having to search for it.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could skip ahead to see what's next after my supervisor reads my review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unsure - I have only used the system once for my annual performance review. So far, it seems better than using a paper copy and having to store it for years to come.

My employer used this system to move to a paperless review. It also allows you to pull items from your previous reviews, such as your performance goals, without having to search for them.

Cornerstone review by Thomas A. S.
Thomas A. S.

"Learning Management Tool Implementation Project"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone is very organized and prepared. I contacted them through a recommendation and they were quick to respond. They have a large team of support from sales to implementation to on-going customer support. I am at the beginning of my design project, so I haven't worked yet with the entire implementation team. However, all my questions and concerns have been addressed quickly and to my satisfaction.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve for how to use the product. They provided a sandbox for me to experiment with and I found it difficult to figure things out on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you look at the competition first. Define clearly what you need and what you do not need. And don't compromise on necessary features. Then plan very carefully exactly what you need and how you will organize the users and the data.

We are replacing a learning management system that has failed to keep up with modern times. We need something more robust and able to handle eLearning better, as well as e-mailing consistently and custom reporting.

Cornerstone review by Sam H.
Sam H.

"Cornerstone success"

What do you like best?

The robust feature set and modules make it easy to fit to a sensible business process.

What do you dislike?

Lack of documentation in some key areas. These areas are very technical/specific in nature, online help has a lot of documentation on how to use certain aspects of the system but certain compensation calculations, SCORM 2004 report logic and certifications are some areas where there is little documentation and support regarding intended functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read and do as much research as possible before purchasing and do not take sales' word for anything. You should consult someone in the weeds that works with the product DAILY. Though the system is robust, the nature of business is ever-changing and fluid. There may be some needs it does not take full care of but many workarounds are available if a unique need is for some reason beyond the system capability.

Centralizing client info and ease of use when grabbing data and recognizing trends. The admin capability of the system makes it easy to support and operate when CSOD is working to expected capacity, which is most of the time.

Cornerstone review by Franz V.
Franz V.

"No Nonsense Learning Management for Retail Organizations"

What do you like best?

The Cornerstone OnDemand Learning Cloud provides a retail organization with a straight forward LMS that helps keep track of employee training and provides some satisfactory canned reports. While the canned reports are suitable for most retail organizations, the ability to self-customize the reports is true bang for the buck. The built-in custom report builder (no need to have Crystal or any 3rd party reporting tool, unless you want to make it complicated), allows administrators the ability to create reports from just about any data attribute available in CSOD. As long as the attributes are accurate coming in from your HRIS, the data you can get using CSOD's already included custom reports builder can be an invaluable source of strategic information.

What do you dislike?

One of the benefits of having CSOD is that the company is continually improving their product. While innovation can be a catalyst for great achievements, it can also be a crutch that hinders user functionality if the innovations are not implemented in a timely manner for a specific user group. There is a lot of potential in CSOD, and although it is adequate as a retail LMS, the innovations the company is making (as of this writing 12/7/2015) are not necessarily geared for retail organizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like most systems, getting the correct data out of CSOD is a result of making sure the data going in to the system is accurate. "Junk in, junk out". Data integration during implementation along with establishing an ongoing internal data audit process is important to making sure that the information coming out of CSOD is dependable. Proper LMS implentation comes with experience and a strong understanding of your company's organizational needs. CSOD can help consult your on best practices for data implementation, but it truly is important that your internal team understands the data attributes being sent to CSOD and how that data will be interpreted by the system. A 3rd party consultant or internal specialist with experience and understanding of your organization's industry (be it healthcare, retail, ecommerce, education, non-profit, etc), and experience implementing LMS's from a client's point of view, would be a wise choice to bring on board during the discovery process.

We have streamlined a number of training administration and assessment tasks using CSOD Learning Cloud. One in particular is converting several paper-based tests that were costly to administer and proxy, to an online test within CSOD using the CSOD test engine. This conversion has saved thousands over the last year in test administration costs.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Frustrated but Optimistic"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone appears to be a powerful learning management system. It has a comprehensive set of properties for nearly every type of training element I need for my organization. The flexibility of the reporting tool is also a plus.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the naming conventions used in the system. It is not clear what some of the terminology is referring to and it's very different from the previous two systems I used. I do not like the color of the font. This is not an aesthetically pleasing interface. It is typical for a robust, tech-heavy product to lack a designer's touch. The same is true about Cornerstone OnDemand.

As a learner and an administrator it's been frustrating while trying to adapt to the system. The learning curve is steeper than with the previous systems I've worked with.

I have not realized any benefits thus far except that our organization promises that this system will bring all of our users together on one platform.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Learning on the Job "

What do you like best?

Cornerstone provides a large educational library that is available to all administrative users. I was forced to learn the system in a pitch. With the easy to use layout and tools available I was able to get a firm grasp on how to use the program to best serve my organization. I also appreciate my representative Leigh H. as she has been helpful during this transitional learning period.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. I would prefer some in application tools be added, like an in application basic presentation creation. It would be appealing if the application updated the programs theme or have the ability to choose a new theme. More user friendly layout with pop ups and hover tips and tricks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its going to get the job done! Many options available to you as the user.

At this time the program is under utilized within my current organization. I see the learning center could become a great resource down the line.

Cornerstone review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"LMS Administrator confirms Cornerstone is a solid offering"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone has all of the features you'd expect in an enterprise level LMS. The system's look and feel is incredibly configurable and the user interface is intuitive for both end users and administrators. The reporting facility is the most robust I've seen after working with learning management systems for many years.

What do you dislike?

The data import tool is a little limited in that not all learning object types are supported when attempting to do a load of historical data. File formatting and data validation can be a little painful, but the tool is still an incredibly attractive option when compared to relying on vendor to perform data loads for an additional fee. Observation checklist items can also not be "unchecked" once submitted.

We are in the process of converting several manufacturing certification processes from their current paper state to an electronic format. Cornerstone's certification module is very complete and provides a facility for us to accomplish this long awaited task in our organization.

Cornerstone review by Molly D.
Molly D.

"Cornerstone "

What do you like best?

Everything is in one place which makes it easy to find training materials.

What do you dislike?

Virtual trainings don't always work properly

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, but only if you have someone who is familiar with it and can operate and troubleshoot in it.

Cornerstone is an awesome tool for training!

Cornerstone review by Cara C.
Cara C.

"Cornerstone OnDemand"

What do you like best?

We have been using Cornerstone (Performance and Learning) for almost a year now. We transitioned to Cornerstone from mostly paper-based processes. Because the system is so robust, you should build in extra time for building & testing the system. I have found our contacts at Cornerstone to be very responsive.

What do you dislike?

The training videos were only somewhat helpful. It's the type of system where it's most helpful to play in the pilot environment until you understand what works best for your company.

We are working to give our employees more consistent and direct feedback. This system has helped us to force people to deliver feedback.

Cornerstone review by Jamie D.
Jamie D.

"One of the best learning management systems I have managed!"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone OnDemand allows companies to manage several areas of human performance. This includes: compensation, on-boarding, performance reviews, succession, training, and social interaction. I like that the system can be managed from a single admin console and offers granular control over user access. All of the areas of the product are cohesively tied to one another for convenience and powerful cross-feature functionality.

What do you dislike?

There are two areas of the system that could use improvement. First, their support for video is behind their competitors. It would be nice to incorporate our video solution with CSOD, instead of purchasing their product. Second, the overall design could be updated... However, they are working on this and are slowly rolling it out to the various areas of the portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at Cornerstone OnDemand, look at the entire package, even if you don't plan on licensing everything. This will allow you see what is possible and how the company has built a cohesive product. Additionally, inquire about their road-map. They have several feature that are already planned for this year that make it an even better product.

We are a global company with field sales and support workers across several countries. Cornerstone allows us to easily deliver training to all of our employees efficiently. Additionally, with its support for instructor lead training management, we have made it the official training record for our company.

Cornerstone review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"Cornerstone onDemand (ups and downs)"

What do you like best?

The Cornerstone onDemand product is as robust a product as you will find in the marketplace. The ability to configure at the client level is distinguisher. We have launched Learning and Performance in our first couple years and look to launch the rest of the system over the course of the next 12 months. The usability from an end user perspective is growing with each module we roll out.

What do you dislike?

As much as the configurability of the system is a plus, it can also be a minus. There is a decent amount of time spent with trial and error on the Pilot site trying to get something just right, then it is very tedious to move what you have built to production. It would be nice to have an upload feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a dedicated administrator right from the start. I was brought in after it launched as the need was seen for this.

We have moved to a more automated process across the board with 30/90 day retention meetings, Performance Reviews, Competency Checklists, etc.

Cornerstone review by Candice Y.
Candice Y.

"12 year LMS Professional - 7 months Cornerstone Client"

What do you like best?

I am an admin who likes vast amounts of tools and choices. I leverage these tools by customizing my environment and targeting my training. Cornerstone has tons of tools and customization features that I can dig into. It will take me another year to master it all!

What do you dislike?

The one thing I would really like to see is a "Where Used" feature. For example, if I create a Group OU, and then use that OU to assign training (or target an email, or display a dashboard), I would like to see a list of objects that OU touches when I am looking at the OU. For example, I want to know if I change a Group OU, what it is going to impact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that other have an appropriate resource on site to administer this program. Too many times in my career I have seen companies give LMS Administration duties to someone who has another full time job. This IS a full time job...and for someone who has experience. If you don't have this resource on site, I would recommend investing fully in Cornerstones training and implementation services.

I am using custom location OU data to target training. For example, if one of my properties uses a particular tool at that site, I can target training to them. Sometimes Job Title just is not enough in our environment. Sometimes it is job title and where you work!

Cornerstone review by Jean-Francois P.
Jean-Francois P.

"Implementation of CSOD recruitment module"

What do you like best?

The whole project took only 5 month between the discovery meeting and the go live.

We were able to build an interface with our SAP HR system to feed the newly hired staff.

We were able to base all our validation processes into CSOD (no paper anymore) and speed up validation process.

What do you dislike?

A lot of clicks are necessary when you create templates and template management can become quite long.

Technical support for the interface design was OK, but could be enhanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great all in one system.

The plus is the attention given to the users' feedback, the succession reviews, the user community.

And also the continuous improvements.

Replace the old recruitment system by a new one, integrated to the training solution that we use.

Suppress paper and have all the process online.

Replace double encoding of almost all recruitments in our ERP.

Cornerstone review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Great Talent Management Provider"

What do you like best?

I like that there are many different tools to find out information you are looking for regarding new functionality (or just new-to-you functionality). They have great online help and user guides, as well as online courses you can take regarding different sections of their platform, webinars, and many contacts though Global Product Support, Customer Service Manager and Account Manager.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if something is not working as intended, you will sometimes get the answer that they were unable to recreate your problem, and kick the support ticket back to you. When you put in a support case, it will also sometimes take a while to hear back from anyone without having to call and follow up. Functionality is released in piece-meal (before it's user-ready) instead of all at once, so when you upgrade to a new user interface, etc., you are most likely going to have missing functionality that you once had before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be the most robust system out there from what I have seen and used.

Cornerstone has helped to automate many things like performance reviews, forms, acknowledging policies and taking new hire courses, keeping records of courses and events attended. The system is pretty flexible.

Cornerstone review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Middle of the road interface"

What do you like best?

Navigation within the software is acceptable and the calendar feature allows users to identify potential training events and courses.

What do you dislike?

The performance review module is rather clunky. It's functional, but completed items disappear by default, making prior period referencing more cumbersome than necessary.

We use Cornerstone OnDemand for in-house corporate trainings across all departments, which allows all employees to see courses available to them.

Cornerstone review by Brian W.
Brian W.

"Business Processes: Simplified, Automated, Collaborative & Evolving Best Practices"

What do you like best?

The cloud based solution provides the relational metrics that provide evidence of efficiencies and inefficiencies.

The performance cloud delivers an effective evaluation that can aligned with the strategic goals of the organization.

The learning management system is valuable solution to deliver compliance, training and developmental plans that align with the organizations mission and vision. The Success Center offers a variety of support styles i.e. forums, communities, online training etc.

What do you dislike?

While Cornerstone has great support for implementation of the product, gaps in existing business practice/processes are highlighted. The result of which leads to deeper discussions and waiting for approval to try something new. You bought the Ferrari you may as well see what it can do. It would be helpful to have more suggested best practices as models, possibly industry specific.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The amount of learning and responsibility that is placed in the hands of the system administrators is considerable and it should not be overlooked. An audit of existing practices/processes should be completed before implementing and stating the clock on any service agreement. In other words business analysis and requirements gathering should be done in advance of an implementation plan.

Role-Specific Performance Evaluations

Job-Specific Competencies

Strategic alignment of goals

Compliance

Development Plans & Succession Planning

Compensation

Cornerstone review by Gerardo N.
Gerardo N.

"Cornerstone Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure and to use.

Cost Saving Tool

Good Look and Feel attractive to the Client.

24/7 Tool and Mobile App

Best Practices in the industry.

What do you dislike?

Lack of detail in some HR subjects.

Customization in some parts have to work on.

Translation some times is confusing,

We don´t have acces to all configuration tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very useful HR tool, and they have the best practices in HR. If you really want to make a change in your company toward your employees and your candidates or applicants this is the product that you are looking for. And in Cost you will have a very good savings if you adecuate your processes to tool. You need have open mind when you apporach this kind of tool..Just remember habits are hard to change..

Recruiting, They have a lot of excel sheets and lot systems separated, so they are some kind of disorganized andCost Maintenance was to High , so with cornerstone have all in one and cut cost. And it can access 24/7 in any place that have Wifi connection or Cell Phone because is Cloud based.. This add mobility to HR and react more quickly.

Cornerstone review by Sarah A.
Sarah A.

"Cornerstone OnDemand LMS "

What do you like best?

The Learning Management System at Cornerstone has so much functionality. It meets all of our needs plus some. It is great to be able to bring all of our training to one place. I also love the amount of online support there is. The Ask a Trainer forums are the best thing about the online support.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionality isn't intuitive. But for the most part it's a great system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system is a great buy. During implementation you have assistance every step of the way until Go Live. Once you Go Live you still have tons of resources to refer to as well as forums where you can ask Cornerstone Trainers for help and they respond in a timely manner. The training given at the beginning of implementation is really well written and it makes implementation go a lot smoother.

The LMS solved a lot of issues for us. It automated the process of sending training reminders and missed training notifications. It also streamlined the process of pushing out required training.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Cornerstone Review"

What do you like best?

The system is very user-friendly and has several new social features that will really change the face of learning and collaboration.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it is not so easy to change the system to meet the business needs. It takes some time to adapt business processes to meet the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is important to understand your business needs and which processes may need adapted prior to implementation. It is important to establish a partnership with Cornerstone. We host a bi-weekly call to discuss open cases and issues with our Cornerstone reps. This helps drive topics.

It is also really important to join the networks and groups utilizing Cornerstone so that support for requested changes can be accessed from the other users.

It is nice to have a solution that can be utilized globally. Not all of our users have migrated over to Cornerstone yet but it is a ever closer reality for us to truly have one system.

"Solid LMS System"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone offers a highly configurable environment that can accommodate diverse needs within the same organization.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more ways to configure Groups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you understand your business requirements at a detailed level before starting. The system is so robust thta rework is a sizable investment in time and effort.

Centralized management and tracking of organization-wide training. We were able to do this successfully.

Cornerstone review by Meghan W.
Meghan W.

"Ok"

What do you like best?

I found cornerstond on demand to be an ok cloud online talent and management system. I have used more fluid LMS systems but this one is better than the old versions.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how there are so many customizations that it becomes hard to do anything. I like the easier, click and go functions.

I am able to make online quizes and track them easily... so that is good.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"A great example of what happens when your software gets complacent "

What do you like best?

I can’t honestly recommend anything from my 3 years of experience with Cornerstone

What do you dislike?

Clunky interface, outdated platform, nonexistent support. Once described to me by one of their competitors as the “Cadillac of LMS systems,” I took it as a supportive statement. I know think they were referring to how a Caddy drives like a boat

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t plan on support from Cornerstone. Invested hundreds of hours of staff time to try to work around their limitations. Outdated, and lacking features available in every modern LMS out there!

Serve online learning opportunities to our staff across the country

Cornerstone review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Horrible User Interface, lack of saves, un-intuitive"

What do you like best?

So far not much. I like the potential of knowing how my team is progressing, but it is difficult without understanding the granularity of more frequent reviews with my team. It is more based on purely an annual review.

What do you dislike?

Lack of Self Saves can hurt. The Interface is messy and not intuitive. There is clear lack of incremental reviews for team members. For example, aside from appending updates on a NOTES field, no real way to track the progress of a team member over the course of a year.

Trying to track and monitor the progress of our company performance. I think some departments are finding success with this tool, I personally have had nothing but pain. Plenty of work lost due to terrible interface/GUI.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great Software t for Integrated Talent Management "

What do you like best?

The most important thing to me as a client is to feel that I have a voice in shaping the product. CornerStone on Demand is the best software provider I have worked with in terms of client services, they value your opinions, help you solve your complex problems, and partner with you to ensure that your are successful.

The product is extremely easy to use from an administrative perspective, not hard to learn and easy to maintain with just a few employees for a large complex organization such as ours.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike about CornerStone on Demand, sure the product maybe could be able to reduce clicks on screens or make something just a little more streamlined, but overall the product meets our needs and the team at CSOD is always looking for ways to make it better.

The ability to attract, train and retain front-line staff was our number one problem. With CornerStone we were able to shorten our application process, not by reducing steps, but through just the UI. We reduced our application completion time from 25 to 17 minutes. We also now have the ability with the onboarding platform for paperless employee files and all of the data for an employee file to reside in one system. Previously it was pulling learning transcripts from one and onboarding forms from another, this is easily accessible through the user record within CSOD.

Cornerstone review by Decha B.
Decha B.

"Very Robust System"

What do you like best?

This system is all inclusive. Cornerstone has trumped several systems I've implemented through my overall career. The customer service and implementation team are second to none!

What do you dislike?

I think the training videos could be a little shorter and it would help for those of us who are short on time to have a PDF to quickly reference steps on completing tasks.

Our organization needed to provide better employee training and applicant tracking. I haven't fully launched the Cornerstone system yet so I have not seen any benefits.

Cornerstone review by Steven I.
Steven I.

"Providing External Training to a Large Customer Base"

What do you like best?

As LMS Administrator, I like the ability to customize our portal for our customers and myself. The ability to provide a variety of learning objects for our customers allows us to meet their needs. They also offer many opportunities to learn best practices for their system and build customer community.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to find updated and complete information in the Cornerstone customer knowledge base..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although the system is heavily designed for internal training, it is still flexible to meet the needs of external training. There are many options for customizing your environment to meet the needs of your company and your customers.

We provide software training through a variety of means. We like that we have been able to integrate Single Sign-on and Web-Ex into our day to day training offerings.

Cornerstone review by Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.

"Educator getting performance reviews through Cornerstone"

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate, formatted well and allows for us to rate ourselves on teaching competencies and then allows our manager to do the same.

What do you dislike?

I have found that there are times it closes tasks too early and makes it nearly impossible to find them again. It can be a struggle if our school has a different deadline than our whole district.

We have really learned to use our evaluations effectively to improve our teaching practices.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"interesting & educational experience for first time user"

What do you like best?

I absolutely loved the Santa Monica headquarters. It is in a lively area of Southern California, and the office itself is very conducive to modern work approaches. The atmosphere is as flexible or as rigid as the individual employee requires or desires for their optimum productivity.

The software we purchased is very powerful. I believe Cornerstone has all of the parts of the equation needed for client success.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would do in the implementation/rollout is change the Order and Priority of how the information is relayed to the customer. I would have preferred to attend the on-site training FIRST, and complete the software training afterward, or in conjunction with it. Almost like a test as you learn/train type of deal. Ultimately, however, I enjoyed every part of the experience and would gladly go back for more! Katie and Richard were awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The one MAJOR feature I "wish" we had was that you could actually Delete or Remove unwanted items as you go setting up and testing your data. Even mistakes cannot be deleted - only marked as "Inactive." It is a sloppy (in my opinion), undesired by-product of the software requirement to save all data so that past reporting is not corrupted by deleted records. But this doesn't explain why that would be the case for plain old mistakes and "true trash." For me it's like sweeping dust under the rug and stuffing a mess into a closet when I would rather organize my storage space appropriately, clear the clutter both mentally and literally, and sweep dust/trash into a garbage bag where it's gone for good.

Also, HUGE WARNING: The online training you must complete is long and doesn't seem to make sense. I am new to the industry of learning management/performance eval/recruiting software so maybe that's my fault, but we were not told you needed to have any certain type of experience or background. It was info overload and overkill, and most of it didn't make sense until AFTER we were in the live training. If you can't get away from that backwards order of the process...the recommendation here is to give yourself weeks if not about two months to get thru the training required. If you have a full-time position and it is NOT to manage this software, then your days will fly by with little to no time to complete their training before the visit to their office. Don't know if Cornerstone didn't inform us, or if the manager of our group within my company failed to do so. Either way: Give yourself a TON of lead time! Good luck.

Recordkeeping of completed training and to a certain extent the training itself. The benefit will be that all records will be in the same database and accessible companywide to search for training histories. This will of course rely on employees using the system as required and uploading/entering the necessary data.

Cornerstone review by Executive Sponsor in Commercial Real Estate
Executive Sponsor in Commercial Real Estate

"Nice as a standalone system - Not good for advanced LMS or integration"

What do you like best?

Quite simply - its good as standalone LMS - if I didn't have anything else to think about, I'm sure it would be fine.

What do you dislike?

Integration abilities, reporting, SLAs are all absent. For example, we use SkillSoft courses as most enterprise clients do... but they were unfamiliar on how to best use the Skillsoft courses to delineate between employee roles

Recommendations to others considering the product

I honestly wouldn't recommend it after having lived it the past two years; they are very slow to support issues - upgrades cause tons of issues and reporting is quite limted

We didn't have an LMS and needed one from a global implementation; its been nice to have everyone on the same platform.

Cornerstone review by Brittany L.
Brittany L.

"cornerstone helps improve engagement"

What do you like best?

it really helps with engaging the employees. People feel like they are learning tips particular to their role and that generally helps them learn more about their industry.

What do you dislike?

Emails are sometimes frequent but overall provide a nice, mobile friendly experience,

engagement and overall understanding of the industry. it is very helpful and i have noticed people have more input about industry standards and points of concern for retention.

"Cornerstone"

What do you like best?

It allows you to tag candidates to multiple requisitions; you can post from the site.

What do you dislike?

We have experienced a lot of bugs. For example, applications that are open will sometimes display an error message to candidates saying that the job is not currently available.

My team is using it as our Applicant Tracking System, but our org uses it for other purposes as well.

Cornerstone review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"A talent management system that provides "

What do you like best?

Ease of configuration and administration

What do you dislike?

Limitations in reporting and some workflows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there are must-have workflows you need to satisfy, ask them to be demonstrated to you to assure Cornerstone can satisfy your needs..

Combined management of Learning, Goals, Performance, Succession, Feedback and Career Development all under one platform. Allows for more comprehensive completion of various tasks, consistency, transparency for management and ultimately should assist in attracting and retaining talent.

Cornerstone review by Christopher F.
Christopher F.

"Great LMS"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone is an engaging and easy to use system that offers organizations the ability to deliver, track and assess development activities through online, webinar or in-person delivery formats.

What do you dislike?

The product is easy to use but is very robust feature-wise. I would have preferred to have had temporary access to all features so that I can determine their value for our organization.

Cornerstone allows us to assess employee development and learning efficacy through their survey feature.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Begged my VP for Cornerstone and haven't regreted it! "

What do you like best?

The support we received both during and after implementation of our new Learning Management System was incredible. Our Client Success Manager made the transition easy, and worked with us to ensure we were setting everything up specific to how our business would be using it. In addition, they provide several training modules to aid you in learning the various functions of the system. Even more, they offer office hours daily during which time you can call for questions.

We have only used Cornerstone for Learning, and have been continually impressed with the ease of reporting, and how specific the system allows us to be in assigning courses, including dynamic registrations, proxy registration, and approval workflows.

What do you dislike?

Creating ILTs was made a bit easier using the copy function, however there was no option to print rosters for all sessions. Rosters had to be printed one at a time from each session.

Our goal was to increase usage of the LMS by providing our employees with a system that was easy to navigate and provided flexibility in approvals, for example, we wanted to automatically approve trainings requested for exempt employees. Also allowing our employees to register for sessions on their own, and using the featured training funtion assisted in reaching this goal. We experienced a significant increase in the number of employees that accessed the sight. Additionally, reporting features allowed us to provide other individuals in the company access to specific reports and schedule run times, which increased our departments effeciency tremedously and allowed our business partners to access the data they needed when they needed.

Cornerstone review by Sarah W.
Sarah W.

"CSOD Support team puts the customer's need as a top priority"

What do you like best?

The support level is the best of my experience with SaaS vendors. The support team is readily available and quick to respond to inquiries for assistance. They also offer various levels of training for FREE that will maximize your user adoption, administrators' efficiency and increase your ROI.

What do you dislike?

The support team has changed a couple of times without as smooth a transition as needed. Our company identified a design defect in a feature and due to the changing support team it took an extended period of time to have a solution identified.

We utilize their Learning and Enterprise modules. This allows for easy configuration of roles and privileges. Also the Success Center has dynamic search feature and intuitive organization of information.

Cornerstone review by Scott W.
Scott W.

"Cornerstone Learning module close to implementation"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, modern interface, and customer service are second to none for exceptional product and service.

I call Cornerstone the Amazon.com of LMSs.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app works but still fairly limited in capability and functionality compared to regular site.

Cannot change start and end dates of training records.

We are loading thousands of historical data records and the system cannot retroactively look at historical records in the past in some situations when setting up automatic future proxy enrollments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be explicit on your business requirements especially if you are in a highly regulated industry.

Cornerstone did a great job understanding our needs, however, we should have been more detailed when providing them exactly how some of our processes work and the pain points around them.

Automation of external compliance training coming due and extremely detailed and sometimes immediate report requests.

While we have not officially went live yet, we have realized the power of the system to automate much of our manually notification an report writing processes.