Cornerstone OnDemand

Cornerstone OnDemand provides talent management, training elearning, and performance management software delivered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).

Work for Cornerstone OnDemand?

Learning about Cornerstone?

Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews

Ask Cornerstone a Question
Showing 165 Cornerstone reviews
Cornerstone review by <span>Dave H.</span>
Dave H.

Outdated and difficult to use

What do you like best?

Overall, Cornerstone does what you need it to do. To be honest, I'm struggling to find something I like the best as it's all (IMHO), pretty poor. Although that said, I've only ever used open sourced LMS is the past, so CSOD might be the best of a bad bunch, who knows?

What do you dislike?

It's a very difficult user interface to manage (from an Admin perspective). Most things (including simple tasks) require many steps and screens with confusing fields with very little information about what's required. You're constantly pointed to the online help which appears to be written by a developer (difficult for a "normal" user to understand).

I'm pretty clued up on tech and there's a LOT of things that can't be done yourself - you need to log a ticket with their Global Product Support (GPS) team. This is where CSOD are truly awful. Tickets take days even to be acknowledged and the replies you get are one-liners that just creates more questions. There's no rush in resolving ANY tickets - even when logged as P1s. For example, I've had a ticket outstanding for 4 months and I'm nowhere near a resolution. I could go on but I think you get the gist...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Update the VERY outdated UI.

Actually listen to users on Suggestion CIty - In over a year of using the product, I haven't seen one (useful) suggestion realised.

Let admin users do more themselves - don't require a GPS ticket for everything slightly technical.

IMPROVE YOUR SUPPORT. Your customer service is terrible.

We mainly use the product for issuing and administering business compliance training.

We do a lot of ILT which the system is OK for.

We also have an integration with Lynda.com which CSOD does not do well. The system imports the individual learning objects but doesn't bring across any metadata (ratings, categories, related modules, etc.)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone review by <span>Melissa O.</span>
Melissa O.

Learning better than Performance but support is lacking

What do you like best?

We use both Learning and Performance although there is very little linking the two products or a compelling reason to have both systems on the same platform.

Their learning system has been around for along time and has a lot of good features and is being added to all the time. It handles both live instructor led training (ILT) and online classes as well as curricula that includes multiple live training.

There are many things we can automate which is great for larger systems.

Most of the administrator tasks are intuitive and the interface is being improved with each release.

They handle new release management very well with great information on their support site, webinars on new features, good documentation and well followed timelines.

Custom reporting, using a proprietary report builder works very well. I occasionally run into fields that are not available but I can usually get what I need out of the system. There are cons as well, listed below in the dislike section.

Note - in some sections I said we didn't use the content creation capability - this is due to not using any native content creation. We use 3rd party content creation (Articulate and Captivate) to create SCORM content which allows quizes, videos etc and upload that for online courses.

What do you dislike?

By far the biggest dislike is their support. Even with a high-priority issue that effects all users, it can take days to get a response from support. There is an online support system where I can log tickets/cases and then call in to "escalate" the issue but once it moves beyond the super simple, it takes 5+ business days to get someone actually working on the issue. We have a dedicated support manager but again they can do little to really get anyone working on serious issues. Luckily my issues are few but there is much frustration every single time.

Their online support seems to have a lot of information but their search functionality to find what may be there already in terms of articles or in the communities is not useful at all. You can't use true boolean search to use AND for serveral terms so if you can to only include "Custom Reports" no matter what you do it will find Custom OR Reports which is way too generic and returns thousands of hits. You also cannot filter your search by a time frame so you also get a lot of hits from 2012 for example which isn't relevant to the current release.

Many administrative tasks cannot be done in bulk - very click intensive on tasks. Also when you have filtered into a search, for example in your groups, then you edit and save one group you are returned to an unfiltered list and have to re-filter. It just makes things take a long time with way too many clicks. There are some functionality they have improved in this regard but much yet to do.

In Performance, if a task is active, you cannot edit it. This is problematic for a task for ad-hoc performance reviews where the task stays open indefinitely. If you want to edit it, you have to create a new task but you cannot inactivate the old one or you cannot report on it or get to any of the PDF reviews created from it. You CAN pay support much money to edit it for you. Seems like with that happening there is not much incentive for them to allow admins to do the edit themselves.

Groups need to have a few features added such as the ability to include active or inactive as needed for reporting needs. They also need the ability to use relative dates such as the hire date is 30 days from today. Currently you can only specify hire date is greater than 01/01/2018 so to use groups to auto assign onboarding curriculum to new hires, I must update my groups once a month to move that date forward.

Although the custom reporting is nice and is being improved in one of the next releases, sharing a custom report is tricky as it doesn't allow us admins to organize the reports for our end users. We can share a report but it goes to the users general area and not organized by folders or other structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other clients and don't believe everything sales tells you about it's capability which is a good bit of advise for any software. Talk to other clients as much as you can.

Automatic assignment of learning via the learning assignment tool helps us not missing any new hires.

Reporting ability on mandatory training to reduce risk.

Ability for learning admins to enroll users in instructor led training and notify the user via email

What Corporate LMS solution do you use?

Cornerstone review by <span>Nicole S.</span>
Nicole S.

wonderful LMS

What do you like best?

CornerStone is very user friendly, it has a seemingly well organized interface and is very easy to run/generate reports. When compared to our previous learning management system, CornerStone is much faster and seemingly more efficient. All sessions that have been added to the new system are easily edited and new sessions can be created very easily as well. Registrants can be easily moved from session to session if any changes or modifications to the date were to occur. This also allows for flawless tracking of employee learning and allows us (the administrator) to document which sessions are really in high demand thus allowing us to better serve our target audience. This in return helps us to be better stewards thereby saving money by only investing in what we know will have a strong return.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we are seemingly unable to easily contact employees registered for a session in CornerStone without emailing them via the program itself. It would make more sense for my team and would be easier if we could email registrants via Outlook but pull the emails from the program. I also don't like how the system doesn't include middle names.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an everyday necessity for me.

We are using CornerStone as our new Learning Management System and it is allowing us to more easily track enrollments and deal with "no shows".,

Cornerstone review by <span>Claudia C.</span>
Claudia C.

Good for larger enterprises

What do you like best?

Cornerstone (or CSOD) is a Learning Management System (LMS) that has built a name for itself. It's a big platform, and is good experience for employees to have. Similar to Salesforce, it's a standard in talent development. When I was using CSOD, I worked at a bilingual company so we were able to do some minor user integration with English and another language.

What do you dislike?

Very bulky, takes a while to learn how to use, not particularly user-friendly or interactive. Hard to navigate, and really confusing. In fact, it's so confusing we had a rep from Cornerstone meet with us monthly to go over issues we had, and we had to learn to use various features like ILT. This LMS forces you to be spreadsheet heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this if you are looking to implement this LMS for a longstanding and large company. I don't think that this is as interactive as other Learning Management Systems, but if you're in corporate and you have more important priorities, this is a good service to use as you have ongoing support and capabilities suited for large employee counts. You'll be paying a lot for CSOD.

We had just gone through an M&A and Cornerstone was able to do integrate with our HRIS to add and update users automatically.

Cornerstone review by <span>Andrei S.</span>
Andrei S.

Excellent tool for training and performance management

What do you like best?

The ability to access a multitude of learning / development activities and training sessions from a single portal is very handy, as our organisation has a variety of development channels it is extremely helpful to have these all sitting under one roof - accessible from a single portal.

I like the fact that I can access development tools and performance tracking tools within the same portal, it is almost natural to have these alongside but not all performance managements systems I've used have this ability.

The audit and comment function on Goals and Performance Review is very handy and allows me to keep track of where I am and to exchange comments with my manager as and when required.

The certificates that you get after completing an activity are quite cool and a nice motivator.

What do you dislike?

It is not very intuitive how to complete/progress with certain activities in the tool, in example when you have declined from a training session you have to open it from your Transcript to archive it - whereas it would've been a lot quicker to mark it archived straight from the Transcript,

The options on the Curriculum training is not very intuitive when you have a number of interdependent tasks that open up as you mark another task completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool for training and performance management - if you are looking at implementing it, ensure you have a skilled administrator to manage it and ensure it is intuitive, user friendly and consistent.

Participate in learning activities to build knowledge and skills, develop goals that drive professional growth. Work with your manager to get the feedback you need to be successful in your role.

Cornerstone review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

Cornerstone OnDemand

What do you like best?

Our Company uses Cornerstone OnDemand for our Performance Management and LMS. Because we use ADP HRIS all our information feeds into the Performance Management and LMS systems and Managers can view all their direct reports information. They can complete the performance reviews easily and assign any necessary training.

What do you dislike?

The system is great as is but it is limited in the customization you can have on the home page without paying for a re-design. However if you do have budget the customization options are amazing and can really allow you to brand the system for your company.

It is our one stop shop for performance management with link included for training for all our users. We are building out our LMS portion to move more training on online to allow employees to complete at their own pace.

Learn more about Cornerstone OnDemand

Cornerstone OnDemand Videos

Learning about Cornerstone OnDemand?

* We monitor all Cornerstone OnDemand reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.