Cornerstone OnDemand

Cornerstone OnDemand

39 ratings
40 8.0 / 10
Watch a Demo
Cornerstone OnDemand provides talent management, learning, and performance management software delivered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).

Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews (40 reviews)

• Ease of use, modern interface, and customer service are second to none for exceptional product and service. I call Cornerstone the Amazon.com of LMSs. Read More
    0 xuxlrhcnlqjq3m0d6zm9rep4bfiz mmd6swsrwr5zg0xyomseg7dvikwwwwihw73lzgrq2mun rj
    Scott W.
    Administrator in Railroad Manufacture
  • Cornerstone is a strong solution out of the box. It has a lot of solid design for a learning management system tool. My favorite part about it, is how easily it... Read More
    0 n2b0mqj5jxsgqnm7qenhmldkghwjec47nep8mlfzclg2vpffvob1c5unpmdidrj bf53ncldpdgg
    Keri M.
    Administrator in Information Services
Validated Review

One of the best learning management systems I have managed!

What do you like best?

Cornerstone OnDemand allows companies to manage several areas of human performance. This includes: compensation, on-boarding, performance reviews, succession, training, and social interaction. I like that the system can be managed from a single admin console and offers granular control over user access. All of the areas of the product are cohesively tied to one another for convenience and powerful cross-feature functionality.

What do you dislike?

There are two areas of the system that could use improvement. First, their support for video is behind their competitors. It would be nice to incorporate our video solution with CSOD, instead of purchasing their product. Second, the overall design could be updated... However, they are working on this and are slowly rolling it out to the various areas of the portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at Cornerstone OnDemand, look at the entire package, even if you don't plan on licensing everything. This will allow you see what is possible and how the company has built a cohesive product. Additionally, inquire about their road-map. They have several feature that are already planned for this year that make it an even better product.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We are a global company with field sales and support workers across several countries. Cornerstone allows us to easily deliver training to all of our employees efficiently. Additionally, with its support for instructor lead training management, we have made it the official training record for our company.

12 year LMS Professional - 7 months Cornerstone Client

What do you like best?

I am an admin who likes vast amounts of tools and choices. I leverage these tools by customizing my environment and targeting my training. Cornerstone has tons of tools and customization features that I can dig into. It will take me another year to master it all!

What do you dislike?

The one thing I would really like to see is a "Where Used" feature. For example, if I create a Group OU, and then use that OU to assign training (or target an email, or display a dashboard), I would like to see a list of objects that OU touches when I am looking at the OU. For example, I want to know if I change a Group OU, what it is going to impact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that other have an appropriate resource on site to administer this program. Too many times in my career I have seen companies give LMS Administration duties to someone who has another full time job. This IS a full time job...and for someone who has experience. If you don't have this resource on site, I would recommend investing fully in Cornerstones training and implementation services.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I am using custom location OU data to target training. For example, if one of my properties uses a particular tool at that site, I can target training to them. Sometimes Job Title just is not enough in our environment. Sometimes it is job title and where you work!

Great Talent Management Provider

What do you like best?

I like that there are many different tools to find out information you are looking for regarding new functionality (or just new-to-you functionality). They have great online help and user guides, as well as online courses you can take regarding different sections of their platform, webinars, and many contacts though Global Product Support, Customer Service Manager and Account Manager.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if something is not working as intended, you will sometimes get the answer that they were unable to recreate your problem, and kick the support ticket back to you. When you put in a support case, it will also sometimes take a while to hear back from anyone without having to call and follow up. Functionality is released in piece-meal (before it's user-ready) instead of all at once, so when you upgrade to a new user interface, etc., you are most likely going to have missing functionality that you once had before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be the most robust system out there from what I have seen and used.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Cornerstone has helped to automate many things like performance reviews, forms, acknowledging policies and taking new hire courses, keeping records of courses and events attended. The system is pretty flexible.

Validated Review

Cornerstone onDemand (ups and downs)

What do you like best?

The Cornerstone onDemand product is as robust a product as you will find in the marketplace. The ability to configure at the client level is distinguisher. We have launched Learning and Performance in our first couple years and look to launch the rest of the system over the course of the next 12 months. The usability from an end user perspective is growing with each module we roll out.

What do you dislike?

As much as the configurability of the system is a plus, it can also be a minus. There is a decent amount of time spent with trial and error on the Pilot site trying to get something just right, then it is very tedious to move what you have built to production. It would be nice to have an upload feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a dedicated administrator right from the start. I was brought in after it launched as the need was seen for this.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We have moved to a more automated process across the board with 30/90 day retention meetings, Performance Reviews, Competency Checklists, etc.

Validated Review

Cornerstone Learning module close to implementation

What do you like best?

I call Cornerstone the Amazon.com of LMSs.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app works but still fairly limited in capability and functionality compared to regular site.

Cannot change start and end dates of training records.

We are loading thousands of historical data records and the system cannot retroactively look at historical records in the past in some situations when setting up automatic future proxy enrollments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be explicit on your business requirements especially if you are in a highly regulated industry.

Cornerstone did a great job understanding our needs, however, we should have been more detailed when providing them exactly how some of our processes work and the pain points around them.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Automation of external compliance training coming due and extremely detailed and sometimes immediate report requests.

While we have not officially went live yet, we have realized the power of the system to automate much of our manually notification an report writing processes.

Do you like gift cards?

Amazon 15 69a16135a8a89331fb4401ef8989bb62f6035c175b57816ccd664c30b04b95be

Write your first review today, and we’ll send you a $15 Amazon gift card as a thanks for your time and input.

Review Now

Tags

* We monitor all Cornerstone OnDemand reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Cornerstone OnDemand?