Cornerstone OnDemand

Cornerstone OnDemand

3.7

Cornerstone OnDemand provides talent management, training elearning, and performance management software delivered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).

Work for Cornerstone OnDemand?

Learning about Cornerstone?

Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews

Ask Cornerstone a Question
Showing 176 Cornerstone reviews
Cornerstone review by Dave H.
Dave H.
View Original

"Outdated and difficult to use"

What do you like best?

Overall, Cornerstone does what you need it to do. To be honest, I'm struggling to find something I like the best as it's all (IMHO), pretty poor. Although that said, I've only ever used open sourced LMS is the past, so CSOD might be the best of a bad bunch, who knows?

-----

Edit to my original review: DO NOT USE CORNERSTONE. Their customer support is, hands down, the WORST customer service I have ever had in my life. I WOULD NOT recommend Cornerstone to anyone.

What do you dislike?

It's a very difficult user interface to manage (from an Admin perspective). Most things (including simple tasks) require many steps and screens with confusing fields with very little information about what's required. You're constantly pointed to the online help which appears to be written by a developer (difficult for a "normal" user to understand).

I'm pretty clued up on tech and there's a LOT of things that can't be done yourself - you need to log a ticket with their Global Product Support (GPS) team. This is where CSOD are truly awful. Tickets take days even to be acknowledged and the replies you get are one-liners that just creates more questions. There's no rush in resolving ANY tickets - even when logged as P1s. For example, I've had a ticket outstanding for 4 months and I'm nowhere near a resolution. I could go on but I think you get the gist...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Update the VERY outdated UI.

Actually listen to users on Suggestion CIty - In over a year of using the product, I haven't seen one (useful) suggestion realised.

Let admin users do more themselves - don't require a GPS ticket for everything slightly technical.

IMPROVE YOUR SUPPORT. Your customer service is terrible.

We mainly use the product for issuing and administering business compliance training.

We do a lot of ILT which the system is OK for.

We also have an integration with Lynda.com which CSOD does not do well. The system imports the individual learning objects but doesn't bring across any metadata (ratings, categories, related modules, etc.)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone review by Melissa O.
Melissa O.

"Learning better than Performance but support is lacking"

What do you like best?

We use both Learning and Performance although there is very little linking the two products or a compelling reason to have both systems on the same platform.

Their learning system has been around for along time and has a lot of good features and is being added to all the time. It handles both live instructor led training (ILT) and online classes as well as curricula that includes multiple live training.

There are many things we can automate which is great for larger systems.

Most of the administrator tasks are intuitive and the interface is being improved with each release.

They handle new release management very well with great information on their support site, webinars on new features, good documentation and well followed timelines.

Custom reporting, using a proprietary report builder works very well. I occasionally run into fields that are not available but I can usually get what I need out of the system. There are cons as well, listed below in the dislike section.

Note - in some sections I said we didn't use the content creation capability - this is due to not using any native content creation. We use 3rd party content creation (Articulate and Captivate) to create SCORM content which allows quizes, videos etc and upload that for online courses.

What do you dislike?

By far the biggest dislike is their support. Even with a high-priority issue that effects all users, it can take days to get a response from support. There is an online support system where I can log tickets/cases and then call in to "escalate" the issue but once it moves beyond the super simple, it takes 5+ business days to get someone actually working on the issue. We have a dedicated support manager but again they can do little to really get anyone working on serious issues. Luckily my issues are few but there is much frustration every single time.

Their online support seems to have a lot of information but their search functionality to find what may be there already in terms of articles or in the communities is not useful at all. You can't use true boolean search to use AND for serveral terms so if you can to only include "Custom Reports" no matter what you do it will find Custom OR Reports which is way too generic and returns thousands of hits. You also cannot filter your search by a time frame so you also get a lot of hits from 2012 for example which isn't relevant to the current release.

Many administrative tasks cannot be done in bulk - very click intensive on tasks. Also when you have filtered into a search, for example in your groups, then you edit and save one group you are returned to an unfiltered list and have to re-filter. It just makes things take a long time with way too many clicks. There are some functionality they have improved in this regard but much yet to do.

In Performance, if a task is active, you cannot edit it. This is problematic for a task for ad-hoc performance reviews where the task stays open indefinitely. If you want to edit it, you have to create a new task but you cannot inactivate the old one or you cannot report on it or get to any of the PDF reviews created from it. You CAN pay support much money to edit it for you. Seems like with that happening there is not much incentive for them to allow admins to do the edit themselves.

Groups need to have a few features added such as the ability to include active or inactive as needed for reporting needs. They also need the ability to use relative dates such as the hire date is 30 days from today. Currently you can only specify hire date is greater than 01/01/2018 so to use groups to auto assign onboarding curriculum to new hires, I must update my groups once a month to move that date forward.

Although the custom reporting is nice and is being improved in one of the next releases, sharing a custom report is tricky as it doesn't allow us admins to organize the reports for our end users. We can share a report but it goes to the users general area and not organized by folders or other structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other clients and don't believe everything sales tells you about it's capability which is a good bit of advise for any software. Talk to other clients as much as you can.

Automatic assignment of learning via the learning assignment tool helps us not missing any new hires.

Reporting ability on mandatory training to reduce risk.

Ability for learning admins to enroll users in instructor led training and notify the user via email

What Career Management solution do you use?

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"wonderful LMS"

What do you like best?

CornerStone is very user friendly, it has a seemingly well organized interface and is very easy to run/generate reports. When compared to our previous learning management system, CornerStone is much faster and seemingly more efficient. All sessions that have been added to the new system are easily edited and new sessions can be created very easily as well. Registrants can be easily moved from session to session if any changes or modifications to the date were to occur. This also allows for flawless tracking of employee learning and allows us (the administrator) to document which sessions are really in high demand thus allowing us to better serve our target audience. This in return helps us to be better stewards thereby saving money by only investing in what we know will have a strong return.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we are seemingly unable to easily contact employees registered for a session in CornerStone without emailing them via the program itself. It would make more sense for my team and would be easier if we could email registrants via Outlook but pull the emails from the program. I also don't like how the system doesn't include middle names.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an everyday necessity for me.

We are using CornerStone as our new Learning Management System and it is allowing us to more easily track enrollments and deal with "no shows".,

Cornerstone review by Claudia C.
Claudia C.

"Good for larger enterprises"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone (or CSOD) is a Learning Management System (LMS) that has built a name for itself. It's a big platform, and is good experience for employees to have. Similar to Salesforce, it's a standard in talent development. When I was using CSOD, I worked at a bilingual company so we were able to do some minor user integration with English and another language.

What do you dislike?

Very bulky, takes a while to learn how to use, not particularly user-friendly or interactive. Hard to navigate, and really confusing. In fact, it's so confusing we had a rep from Cornerstone meet with us monthly to go over issues we had, and we had to learn to use various features like ILT. This LMS forces you to be spreadsheet heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this if you are looking to implement this LMS for a longstanding and large company. I don't think that this is as interactive as other Learning Management Systems, but if you're in corporate and you have more important priorities, this is a good service to use as you have ongoing support and capabilities suited for large employee counts. You'll be paying a lot for CSOD.

We had just gone through an M&A and Cornerstone was able to do integrate with our HRIS to add and update users automatically.

Cornerstone review by Administrator

"Cornerstone's Learning solution: helpful, but frustrating"

What do you like best?

On the admin side, Cornerstone makes it easy to store and assign content. For users (in our case, employees) Cornerstone makes it easy to find and complete content (esp. mandatory). It has helped facilitate onboarding and automate many previously-manual L&D processes.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve as an admin in CSOD that I feel I am still climbing after two years as a co-administrator of content in the system. Issues we've had have ranged from large defects in integrations to small sloppy inconsistencies (e.g., checking a box to delete something vs. clicking on a trash can) that make re-teaching the system more difficult than necessary. We've had to design a number of workarounds to solve for a lack of desired features. CSOD Support leaves tickets unattended for long periods of time and is generally unfriendly in responding to issue and requests. "Ugh, Cornerstone" is a common utterance within our team of admins.

Automation of mandatory compliance, security awareness, and general onboarding content has been our biggest benefit. We were also lacking a central record of resources and ILT attendance before implementation.

Cornerstone review by Andrei S.
Andrei S.

"Excellent tool for training and performance management"

What do you like best?

The ability to access a multitude of learning / development activities and training sessions from a single portal is very handy, as our organisation has a variety of development channels it is extremely helpful to have these all sitting under one roof - accessible from a single portal.

I like the fact that I can access development tools and performance tracking tools within the same portal, it is almost natural to have these alongside but not all performance managements systems I've used have this ability.

The audit and comment function on Goals and Performance Review is very handy and allows me to keep track of where I am and to exchange comments with my manager as and when required.

The certificates that you get after completing an activity are quite cool and a nice motivator.

What do you dislike?

It is not very intuitive how to complete/progress with certain activities in the tool, in example when you have declined from a training session you have to open it from your Transcript to archive it - whereas it would've been a lot quicker to mark it archived straight from the Transcript,

The options on the Curriculum training is not very intuitive when you have a number of interdependent tasks that open up as you mark another task completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool for training and performance management - if you are looking at implementing it, ensure you have a skilled administrator to manage it and ensure it is intuitive, user friendly and consistent.

Participate in learning activities to build knowledge and skills, develop goals that drive professional growth. Work with your manager to get the feedback you need to be successful in your role.

Cornerstone review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Cornerstone OnDemand "

What do you like best?

Our Company uses Cornerstone OnDemand for our Performance Management and LMS. Because we use ADP HRIS all our information feeds into the Performance Management and LMS systems and Managers can view all their direct reports information. They can complete the performance reviews easily and assign any necessary training.

What do you dislike?

The system is great as is but it is limited in the customization you can have on the home page without paying for a re-design. However if you do have budget the customization options are amazing and can really allow you to brand the system for your company.

It is our one stop shop for performance management with link included for training for all our users. We are building out our LMS portion to move more training on online to allow employees to complete at their own pace.

Cornerstone review by Fanny Z.
Fanny Z.

"Teacher performance made easy"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Cornerstone is the way I can easily track my progress in my career field. It makes it quick and simply for my manager give feedback on growth and setbacks.Any additional objectives needing attention can also be found on my dashboard as well.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Cornerstone is the the setup of the website. I personally feel as if there is an extremely confusing setup for no reason. While many tabs can be easily accessed there are other things that don't make that much sense as far as layout is concerned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I HIGHLY recommend Cornerstone OnDemand for all employers and employees. It's so easy to track performance as well as keep up with your won growth. It puts the accountability on the company as well as workers making it easier to reflect.

I don't have any "business problems" to solve per say. I mainly have only objectives to finish at the end of each quarter. Usually reflections to do of my own or of my direct manager and principals based on performance management.

Cornerstone review by Christian M.
Christian M.

"Bulky and Outdated"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone makes it relatively simple to assign learning and track your team's progress.

What do you dislike?

The system as a whole feels far out of date. The search function is abysmal and the reports are often completely inaccurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into another system. While it'll get the job done, it certainly is not the most innovative or easy to use. You may find something else offers more and fits your budget.

Compliance is incredibly important in pharmaceuticals. Cornerstone helps us keep track of mandatory courses relatively smoothly.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Could it be any clunkier?"

What do you like best?

It works for training registration for our instructor led trainings. It seems to have little down-time. It offers tools like evaluations for instructor led training.

What do you dislike?

Trying to navigate the system is a nightmare and their "on demand customer success center" is extremely difficult to navigate and timeconsuming to find answers to specific questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't recommend Cornerstone as an LMS or the Cornerstone OnDemand customer success center. It seems like in trying to be a jack of all trades It is possibly a master of none. At least it doesn't seem to work well for the ones I've investigated..

We just use it to allow clients to register for training. I am trying to add evaluations to the trainings, but this is proving difficult.

Cornerstone review by Whitney B.
Whitney B.

"Very user-friendly, complete HR system"

What do you like best?

Great interface! Highly customize-able. Very easy to build, administer, and participate in trainings. Intergrates well with other systems, including Workday. Great tracking and dashboarding.

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to modify and administer. Does not work well with mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A bit pricey and not the easiest to install, but the functionality is all there - HR, onboarding, LMS, performance tracking. It's a great LMS, if it adds more value than it's worth, so it's probably not right for every company.

Primarily using Cornerstone for company-wide learning and training tool (including compliance and awareness). Easy to disseminate to all users and track performance and completion.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Support is lacking and company focuses on initial sales rather than good customer service"

What do you like best?

Helpful to have an LMS system in place. Office Hours program is beneficial.

What do you dislike?

Not enough attention to user input before launching new features causes the enhancements to fall short of being valuable in more than just one static scenario. Pain points remain problematic for years and years with no hope of improvement to inherent design flaws.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a basic LMS it will meet the need, but it will cost additional for every tiny work order you need when the system doesn't readily function as you need for a project. It does not scale well if you have over 10k employees. Often runs extremely slowly, especially in pilot portals.

Automated enrollments for Corporate compliance assignments. Easier reporting and tracking.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Supermarkets
Administrator in Supermarkets

"Customizable, user-friendly LMS"

What do you like best?

This client is easily customized to tailor your business needs and allows for governance to be regimented or lenient as needed. Usability is especially easy for basic users and moderate for administrators.

What do you dislike?

Standard reporting can occasionally duplicate or provide unreliable data. This can easily be avoided by using custom reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using this system for a large business, consider a pilot system for administrators to learn and create a library of job aids on processes that require multiple steps.

My business migrated from SuccessFactors to Cornerstone OnDemand two years ago and begin rebuilding our learning objects to reduce redundancies, be more user-friendly, and provide flexibility for learning for multiple levels of stakeholders in a retail business.

Cornerstone review by Tim W.
Tim W.

"The product looks good but is not for everyone"

What do you like best?

The overall interface for users is clean and modern. They have an excellent client support site with plenty of training options and forums to discuss issues with other administrators.

What do you dislike?

Their certification module is underdeveloped and inconsistent with the rest of the LMS module. We need this functionality because we are heavily regulated but continue to run into issues on both the user and administrative side. Because this is an optional add-on module, many of their customers don't have it so their is not a lot of priority for them to update. There are other administrative functions that are cumbersome at best. It seems like Cornerstone is focused on updating their product line like expanding into HCM and Analytics and their interface but there is a lot of core functionality that needs to be updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow best practices for any new project including a thorough requirements gathering. Bring anyone who will touch the product into that process and make sure their requirements are captured. When you meet with Cornerstone, ensure that what its features match your requirements and that they are all in production in the system, not just in development. Talk to other customers who are in your industry and/or have similar requirements to see what their experience has been. As with any software vendor, when you get to the end of the year or the quarter they will offer you all kinds of discounts to sign the contract. Don't let this rush you into making a poor decision.

Before Cornerstone we struggled with training records management, especially with compliance-related training. We also were doing all of our performance management including annual reviews and goal setting on paper. Cornerstone helped us "digitalize" and standardize many of these processes and has helped our record keeping in those areas tremendously.

Cornerstone review by Dimitris K.
Dimitris K.

"implemented learning, performance and succession clouds in own company"

What do you like best?

User friendly application, modular and salable with great features. Especially the on going upgrade due to SAAS is a great plus.

What do you dislike?

There are certain limitations in the leaning could when an organisation needs to "push" learning. Although the functionality is there, the system is more on the "pull", so user driven learning than "push" from top down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clear requirements and scope before starting engagement.

Clear road map of at least 5 years of you HR

Engage your leadership stakeholders very early and get buy in on the road map

Build gateways in you implementation plan, where and how you can keep up scaling or simply stop and change.

Start change management way before the implementation project starts

Manage your content : keep your users experience high, engaged and deliver what is promised to them.

Involve your end users early to get a feel and manage expectations.

Enabling a self directed and agile learning organisation.

Performance management, succession and workforce planning.

Cornerstone review by Chelsea R.
Chelsea R.

"Robust and Customizable Talent Management Suite"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone is a well developed Talent Management system that has a very robust list of features that are easily configured and branded to meet your organizational needs. The interface is user friendly and the "clouds" (Learning, Performance, Succession, Recruiting, Connect) integrate very nicely. However, one of my favorite things about Cornerstone is the community--they have excellent staff and support team, and they provide many opportunities for Clients to engage with each other, network and share best practices and ideas. There is opportunity for clients to voice their needs and suggestions and they really listen to their customers.

What do you dislike?

While much of the system has a great, clean design, there are a few pages that are not quite updated yet although I know they are working on updating the remaining pages. So there is a little inconsistency in look and feel to some of the pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have found Cornerstone to be a great tool to help us engage and develop our staff. I recommend getting involved in the Cornerstone Communities of Practice, local user groups, and other networking opportunities. I've learned and grown so much interacting and sharing with other clients.

We primarily use Cornerstone for Performance Management and Succession. They have enabled us to implement a new staff/supervisor relationship model that encourages continual feedback. We've replaced our Annual Reviews with a process throughout the year. Staff and supervisors are building better relationships, work expectations and Goals are clear and trackable, staff are creating development plans, and they are getting the affirmation, coaching, and feedback that they need.

Cornerstone review by Casey C.
Casey C.

"Cornerstone OnDemand LMS"

What do you like best?

The user interface is clean and our users really like the ease of use. We can control the security permissions to allow users to have some, most, or all features available to them. And we can control it by location which is important to us.

What do you dislike?

Every time we want to make an enhancement there's no easy way to get it done. We can't pay to have updates made me have to submit a suggestion and hope others see the value and vote it into the system. At times this is frustrating when our enhancements aren't wants to us but needs due to an audit finding that we can't close because we can't make necessary updates to the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

List to what they are saying and not saying before you sign the deal. Ask to meet with others besides the sales team who will pitch you what you are looking to hear. Make them show you real life examples of how they will meet your needs - it will save you a lot of time later. Buy the most expensive support package you can afford because the support can sometimes be painfully slow.

We use the LMS portion of Cornerstone OnDemand and the comprehensive reporting helps us to stay compliant in audits and in our day to day maintenance of the system. User's are able to clearly see on their homepage which courses are incomplete and receive automated reminders of upcoming and overdue training which helps us with our KPIs.

Cornerstone review by Lauren F.
Lauren F.

"Cornerstone OnDemand an Organic Product that values feedback"

What do you like best?

The product is very robust and provides so many possibilities that giving feedback and getting support is crucial! Cornerstone sincerely values feedback from their users and gives support in various ways. Aside from the company's online Help, user guides, and user forums, if I am unsure of how to do something I can reach out during daily "Office Hours" to discuss my scenario or I can call customer support directly. We also have a great rapport with our CSM (Customer Service Manager) whom we can reach out to for unique situations and along with our quarterly meetings. On top of that there is also an opportunity on a quarterly basis to network at a regional one day event with other Cornerstone Admins.

We have had many of our customers find great value in the Performance Goals feature and managers truly prefer doing their annual reviews and periodic goal reviews in the system.

What do you dislike?

Cornerstone has releases that occur on a quarterly basis and keeping up all that is newly being released or updated can take time, if you do not have a process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of your implementation team they make a big difference and then network with other admins at the quarterly User Group meetings. They are helpful for all.

We use the Learning, Performance, Succession, and Connect modules. And truly each piece has helped us to streamline and improve our processes.

Cornerstone review by Joseph M.
Joseph M.

"Intuitive and compact"

What do you like best?

Reporting, user navigation, course assignment and setup. Online community to seek help from other users and you never feel like no one is home to help you out, even if the support is hit or miss.

What do you dislike?

Support. Luckily we have networked good relationships with people at Cornerstone to get good help. The generic feedback you get is vague and often times the equivalent of dealing with a disgruntled Subway worker, you feel as if you're inconveniencing them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chose for a quick easy learning experience. A simple way to navigate and create course content. Help is at your fingertips if you want to research and find it through the awesome online community. If you need specialized help you can schedule to sit in at any of the 5 office hour webex meetings for help where your receive free personalized service. Sometimes you can get poor service through "quick" help methods such as phone or e-mail. You'll often be directed to open a work ticket and wait for help, which is fine if your issue isn't urgent.

Training, course library housing, daily course assignment, hiring and onboarding. We are able to create reports for a diverse work group and give accurate information to all of our branches based on training completions and assignments; this directly relates to performance reviews and compliance standards that ensure our company are up to par with the competition. Cornerstone gives us a way to house training and easily create curriculums, store and manage learning objectives and even upload our own in house created course content.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Customization platform to fit a wide variety of HR needs"

What do you like best?

There was an abundance of functions/customization options available to use to build an interface that was appealing to the user. We utilized the built in widget options, the dashboard and more. In creating either online webinar sessions or registration pages, we were able to offer full details on the curriculum or event that was taking place. Including uploading docs, other important information that the user may need. The registration and wait list options allowed us to track our employees attendance and the popularity of the sessions being offered. The ability to send out customized email confirmations using our own company default (outlook) worked well.

What do you dislike?

While the customization options worked well in most cases for us, it also created complications. It either hindered what we were trying to do or we were not made aware that the functions that were available.

We needed the ability to track class/webinar/event registrations and run reports that included various data points that needed to be referenced. Including status of compliance course progress, year of completion and other related data to the courses being offered.

Cornerstone review by Bree B.
Bree B.

"Industry Leader in Talent Management"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone is a leader in the talent management industry and it shows. The technology world is fast moving and with it there are quarterly enhancement cycles to continuously improve the product and meet our client needs. Our users find it easy to use with little need for user guides or quick references as it mimics the layout of common sites that users are familiar with if they navigate the internet. The Search tool is robust, the ability to customize top-notch, and we have found the reporting to be a powerful tool. Beyond the system itself, the support we receive from Cornerstone as well as other clients has been a game-changer in how we leverage Cornerstone to offer our users the best of the best and aid in their learning and development.

What do you dislike?

At times it feels as though Cornerstone is growing faster than it can keep up with some of the demands of it's "older" features. Clients have a voice in the direction of the product and priorities in enhancements but there have been some small enhancements that clients have been waiting for while seeing other parts of the system expand. I would say having more support with product development and user experience would easily diminish this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get together a list of everything you demand out of the product and provide use cases that can be showcased. Make sure it can meet your needs first. Ask questions not only of Cornerstone but of other clients. Cornerstone has created an awesome network of peer to peer support with its clients as well as a forum to get your questions answered and find unique ways to better use it. Take advantage of these offerings.

There are numerous business opportunities that Cornerstone has guides us almost seamlessly through. We are able to deliver virtual content across a large region, add an easy social learning platform, get relevant content out to our learners in time and on time, as well as automate a lot of our processes allowing us to better serve our customers and devote time in other areas.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Underwhelming"

What do you like best?

Everything looks great on paper, but it is not well received by our employees and it seems to take a great deal of effort to implement different features.

What do you dislike?

Requires a full-time employee to run this system which we don't have. It is a little too complex and robust for our needs (500 employees).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire a full time admin and designate someone as the project lead for implementation. We set this up with a handful of people giving partial attention to the project and I don't think we are making the most of its features.

Compliance reporting is helpful as well as the global search feature. The performance management team used to do everything in Excel and they are thrilled with the electronic management of this process through CSOD.

Cornerstone review by Joanna B.
Joanna B.

"Cornerstone for Training "

What do you like best?

I like the search feature best, it's easy to use if you can't find certain things in your transcript.

What do you dislike?

That not all assignments or trainings are found on the home page or your transcript

We use it for internal training, job aids, resources. It's a nice system to house all of that information and be able to go back and search for past trainings or job aids

Cornerstone review by Glen R.
Glen R.

"Great platform for learning!"

What do you like best?

The support during implementation allows you to begin to use the product from the start. The support continues through both official channels and through client user groups. Finally, the product gets periodic updates that improve functionality.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that the platform is robust, so it can take some time to learn fully. You can use it from day 1, but it will take time to develop properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invite the team in for a trial and demo. They can assist in so many ways that you may not even know you need.

We have centralized all of our training and are now able to track and report on it as needed. This allows us greater visibility and was to plan for the future.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"While it may meet developers expectations, the end user gets an old school experience "

What do you like best?

This review is based on using the Learning suite and parts of the Performance suite. My company uses it to register thousands of learners into mandated and optional trainings. It keeps that data well and serves as our system of record.

What do you dislike?

What our learners see and experience distinctly lacks contemporary design and often there are so many clicks to get to what you want. The standard reports are just too basic so we always have to design custom reports and use external software like Tableau to report them out.

Registering and confirming learners for our training unit’s catalog of learning programs.

Cornerstone review by Administrator

"Fully customizable LMS client that makes employee learning a breeze!"

What do you like best?

The functionality of the system is good overall, it's fairly intuitive and generally meets the needs of all levels of stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

Some of the processes can be clunky and the functionality slows with shared computers. Troubleshooting aids go hand-in-hand with daily use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create customized troubleshooting guides to aid stakeholders with any challenges that arise. The help options within the system aren't specific or detailed enough.

It's a one-stop-shop for e-learning and can house training for a multi-dimensional company, which makes it easy for employees to find relevant information for anything from on-the-job training to development.

Cornerstone review by Beau C.
Beau C.

"Great Software and Company"

What do you like best?

We use almost every module of Cornerstone and love how everything works seamlessly together.

What do you dislike?

We honestly have not found a downside to using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far so good, so its a highly recommended Software to switch to if the company is allowed. and implement everymodule they have, as they are very useful.

With each of the modules we use it has helped us streamline the process, cross talk with other departments and the ease to complete the task has been much better.

Cornerstone review by Adam L.
Adam L.

"Powerful and complex"

What do you like best?

A powerful tool for creating and tracking training. Putting large curricula together? Easy! Yearly compliance trainings? Easy! Found a YouTube video you want to list as training? Easy! Reporting is powerful and requires little manipulation outside of the system to show meaningful data.

What do you dislike?

Enhancement requests can be a bit of a pain to get. However, I recognize this is due to the fact that not every enhancement will get its own preference (meaning it would affect all customers) and there is limited customization of the code on a per customer basis. Reporting on what hasn't happened (for example, who hasn't completed some sort of compliance training) can be difficult in some situations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have detailed standards and processes prior to going live such as naming standards for learning objects and process documents for filling in details and options. Building these after the fact is challenging and may mean that reporting data is close to useless.

One of our in house tools has specific training requirements. These requirements were previously tracked manually and infraction reports run frequently. The process has now been automated using web services to check transcript data.

Cornerstone review by Éva-Sofia B.
Éva-Sofia B.

"Cutting Edge Technology"

What do you like best?

I’ve been working with Cornerstone products for 3 years now at two different companies, and I’ve been impressed and satisfied with the overall system and functionality offered. Of course, the more modules you have in the system, the more impressive the analytics and integration of the data you load, but even with just the Learning and Performance modules it’s a great tool that provides wonderful talent and learning administration and reporting. Over time, the interface has become more and more user friendly, and now with the new Universal Profile and system updates related to that, users are presented with a familiar, facebook-ish feel that is easy to learn and navigate. Another very positive direction Cornerstone has taken is to create a more visual, image-based interface, although there are still pages that are being updated to create a complete and consistent look and feel. I’m also a huge fan of the reporting options in the system. As far as custom reports go it takes a little getting used to how information is pulled, but once you know the system and the data, you can really pull all sorts of information. They recently made it even better because you can build graphs in custom reports now, which makes it easier than loading the data into excel and doing the work there. Overall though, I really can’t stress how easy it is for admins to navigate the system. Sure, as a System Administrator things can get a little more complicated as far as maintaining security/permission roles and deciding back end settings, but for the people in your organization that you designate as training coordinators or instructors, it’s really simple for them to learn how to run reports, enroll employees, add events and sessions, manage rosters, etc.. There’s also the option to build custom pages which is super cool! I’d never really learned much about HTML coding, but recently suggested we build some of our organization’s new performance management programs as custom pages in Cornerstone rather than in SharePoint…..meaning I ended up having that job…..and it was so easy to build some really cool, functional pages. With minimal experience (and a lot of web searching on coding), we ended up with some really great pages that connected to other areas of the system such as signing up for classes, etc.. Having the Data Load Wizard has been a great asset too in order to feed large amounts of data into the system without having to enter lines one-by-one.

All in all, I’ve definitely enjoyed working with the Cornerstone system and its wonderful employees! I went to their Cornerstone Convergence conference last year as well, and all of the products they offer and how they fit together to provide amazing features like predictive analytics is super exciting to see! Cornerstone definitely has a vision and is on the cutting edge of Talent and Learning Management.

What do you dislike?

As I said above, although the reporting capabilities are pretty amazing, there are also some issues with the data pulled. It's important to understand what you're getting and how the data is collected on the backend before trusting the accuracy of the report. There have been times where an employee completed a class, but the report says they haven't, because the system is pulling the MOST RECENT data, and the employee accidentally signed up for another session of the class but then withdrew when they realized they already took the course, leading the system to pull the withdrawn status, not the completed. Of course all of the data is there, you just have to be smart and double-check your results sometimes. I'll also admit there are times where we may run up against issues with what we’d LIKE the system to do, and what it is actually able to do, or system errors that need to be looked at on the Cornerstone end (something like emails not firing the way they should, or an area of the system not working the way we thought it would), but every time I’ve had problems and I’ve reached out to their Global Support or to our Client Success Manager, they’ve been extremely helpful. Global Support may not know the answer right away but they always get back to me with a fix or answers to why things are happening, and our Client Success Manager (at both companies I worked for) went out of their way to help me troubleshoot and find workarounds to suite our needs.

Working with the Cornerstone learning module definitely shortens the time it takes to manage classes, registration, reporting, assigning compliance training and tracking completion. Evaluating training is also much more accessible to report on and draw conclusions from, rather than utilizing a paper system.

As far as Performance Management - it's just such a great system that makes for a consistent program used across the city and gives the option to connect classes and learning opportunities to competencies and development. Right now the company I work for is trying to create a consistent perf manag program and Cornerstone is a lynchpin in that process.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Pay-per-feature rich and slightly antiquated feel"

What do you like best?

There are many options available for setting up various LMS learning object. Cornerstone has been around a while and has obviously built a lot of options into the software.

What do you dislike?

The interface and user experience are not friendly. Setting up objects often requires navigating to 3-4 places on the site. The integration options really leave a lot to be desired. To use APIs or an FTP site to transfer data without support from CSOD is an additional cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your requirements outlined before scoping cost and get answers from the sales team on which features are included with cost and which are add on. Most seem to be add-ons.

We are in the process of rolling out a company-wide LMS that is replacing several older processes managed by department.

Cornerstone review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Improved usability - still not intuitive"

What do you like best?

The progress bars. As a manager its easy to evaluate how far along in a long goal and employee assesses themselves to be and is helpful in realignment conversations.

What do you dislike?

This system continues to struggle with intuitive usability. For instance, there is are several places and ways people can enter or maintain goals, but none of these are connected or interchangeable.

We use Cornerstone OnDemand for performance management. I am not a fan of this system and find the lack of intuitive features frustrates people on my team as well.

Cornerstone review by Erick B.
Erick B.

"Cornerstone Taking Training to a hole New Level"

What do you like best?

The option of create custom pages, this is not only useful for our coding process but for the final material to our users, when you take care of the continuous education of your people they take care of your business, this is a reality on our Talent Management Team.

What do you dislike?

There's not that much of dislike with the platform at all... I might say the little lack of support for international coworkers who need to reach out a global support, It might be really helpful to have regional support and/or training.

The reliability of our training, curricula and courses which creates this synergy not limited to out team and the employees but include our partners all around our offices

Cornerstone review by Crystalrose R.
Crystalrose R.

"Continuious Leader "

What do you like best?

I love that Cornerstone is continuously looking for the best way to advance and up the bar in all aspects of Talent Management. They take the clients opinion and work their road map around OUR requests. They are in the business to work with their clients and make the best user friendly modules. They also work to help other clients work together and network or share ideas of how they are using the different modules. Whether it be at the annual conference, quarterly offsite meetings with other clients or connecting in their Client Success Center they make idea sharing easy and encourage it!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a few releases to see the full picture of a newly released function and decide if you are going to launch it to your full audience. Working with Global Product Services in the past has been a bit of an issue trying to get tickets resolved and while CSOD has made incredible changes over the last year, sometimes we still run into a problem here and there where we need to reach out for further assistance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cornerstone is a great tool that allows you to pick and choose what modules you want and don't want to use, whether you are purchasing the full suite or just one available module, remember to look at the full picture when deciding to either go with CSOD or another provider. If you aren't sure that CSOD offers the module you are looking for or if you don't think the system has the capability, ask. The system is very robust with continuing advances at least once a quarter.

We are based in multiple countries with multiple languages and Cornerstones presence across the globe helps us to bring our stakeholders up to speed and present something to them that is not just Americas based it is truly a global tool that everyone can use with the help of different language packages and Cornerstones multiple provider relationships we can work to make sure we touch on everything that is needed across the globe and business units.

Cornerstone review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Comprehensive and flexible with great product support"

What do you like best?

Cornerstone has the flexibility to satisfy a vast array of learning management needs. It is easily customized which allows it to be simplified or expanded upon depending on the target audience and business needs. The customer service level that is offered by Cornerstone is outstanding. From the online community, the weekly Success live sessions, our success manager, our geographical usergroup, the annual conference, and the global tech support center, I can rest assured that as a client my needs are being met and my expectations are constantly exceeded. Additionally, Cornerstone sources product enhancement recommendations and ideas from their clients and actually implement many of these ideas.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a learning cure involved in learning the system and gaining insight into how to best use the features and settings. A dedicated admin is a must. Anyone can be taught the basic administrative features and functions, but it truly takes a dedicated admin to have eyes on the inherent complexity of running such a robust system that continues to receive improvements and updates. Cornerstone is a dynamic solution that needs to be maintained in order to maximize the benefits to the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While considering Cornerstone, I encourage you get connected with current clients early on in your process so that you can learn from their implementation experiences and their current expertise.

Previous to implementing Cornerstone we had a very archaic database to enter training records, rosters sat in a drawer, and we relied exclusively upon Instructor Led Training as a delivery mode. We have vastly expanded our bandwidth as a department, we are able to offer multiple training modes to include video, online courses, and job aids that can all be delivered through one streamlined solution. It has offered a way to organize multiple training programs simultaneously as well as report at multiple levels of the organization and deliver customized learning solutions to targeted audiences. The customized reporting is so easy and helpful. The report features alone have vastly improved our productivity and communication through every level.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Cornerstone helps our employees at their pace and schedule"

What do you like best?

My favorite is the ability for our employees to complete their training at their time and pace. With the ability to use Cornerstone on their mobile devices, we find that our employees are exploring more content than they have in other learning formats.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more books and tedstyle talks. While I know the community is constantly expanding, this is one area that our employees are constantly looking for more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Especially recommend if you purchase SCORM files from other vendors

With the integration into Workday, we see this being an added benefit to tracking employees career pathing objectives. For instance, I can easily pull a report which shows me who is taking classes such as "Is Management for me?"

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Chemicals
Administrator in Chemicals

"Great functionality, powerful analytics!"

What do you like best?

One of the best aspects of CSOD is reporting and analytics. CSOD gives up to data, real time reporting on a number of data groups which makes reporting simple, quick and easy. This feature allows managers to see trends and delegate resources more effectively as well as ensure compliance for their direct reports.

What do you dislike?

There a couple of areas in the system I feel could be enhanced such as a way you could manually load completion dates for curricula and a way to report out on Proxy Enrollments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall great system, it takes a lot of the redundant work out of learning management.

We utilize CSOD for all of our online and Instructor Led EHS training. We also use CSOD to assign, track and certify our unit operators for our chemicals division. Using Proxy Enrollments for our compliance training ensure that the correct populations are receiving the correct training at the correct frequency and all records can be access from one central location.

Cornerstone review by Tessa P.
Tessa P.

"Just Changed to Cornerstone"

What do you like best?

We just recently transitioned to the Cornerstone system from the Chex learning module system. Cornerstone offer so much data and so many options that it's easy to get lost in the information/lessons. It takes a bit to get used to, but once learned, the system is functional.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to get lost and get buried in the windows and information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It handles what it's needed to handle with large groups of people across multiple campuses. It may take you in circles but you'll get there.

None

Cornerstone review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Do not recommend :("

What do you like best?

Recent updates in Cornerstone has made candidate profiles look visibly appealing.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I do not know where to begin. It is not user friendly. We recruit for multiple public schools and therefore we have external staff review candidates on Cornerstone but it is complex and not simple to use that many of our principals refuse to use it. There are times when automated emails get sent to our candidates even though that is not a feature we selected. Sometimes the drop down menu does not show and therefore we cannot access our candidates. Once you create an application and it is live, you cannot make minor changes, you need to create a new one. Cornerstone just creates unnecessary manual steps for us. Honestly, the list goes on...

We primarily use it as an ATS and performance management across our organization.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"Lost"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that the system has many different functionalities such as being able to upload many different training types and send them out in various forms or fashions. It is helpful to have the success center and be able to research and review what other users are doing in the system. Often times when I have an issue it is likely that someone else has already had the same issue and can offer input.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no "undo" button on many features. There is no easy fix or undo because the system is so large. We had an admin that was completely over their head and did not ask for help and they created total chaos in the system and it has taken almost a full 6 months and countless consulting hours with Cornerstone to get the system back where in order.

Cornerstone has allowed us to centralize our training. Before Cornerstone, employees were having to go to several different sites for various training types. We are able to house and track our training in Cornerstone, which has been extremely beneficial to our end users because now training is in one spot and it is a single sign-on account.

Cornerstone review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Cornerstone as Tool to Manage Employment Tools"

What do you like best?

I do like that there is a hub or portal where I can access all reviews, documents, paystubs, opportunities, etc. It is very convenient to go to Cornerstone and access and locate anything I may need in relation to my employment with my company. I have used it to also access professional development within my company.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be confusing to navigate. I wanted to print out my W2's and had to use the search function to locate. I do not know if this is how my employer has set up the page, or if all Cornerstone is structured that way. I think it would also be helpful to have training to utilize the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give your employees training on how best to use Cornerstone to meet their needs rather than just saying it exists.

I use Cornerstone to look for opportunities for advancement within my company as well as find information related or pertaining to my pay stubs. It also is a management tool for my formal observations.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace
Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace

"Cornerstone Review"

What do you like best?

The end-user experience is really solid. Our users have been extremely pleased with the platform. We were used to an antiquated system, so having this fresh, new experience has been extremely beneficial.

What do you dislike?

There are many things I dislike about Cornerstone. The administration of the system is cumbersome. There are many things about the system that are unable to be modified, making it very difficult for us to use it to meet our needs. We have had to change many processes to accommodate. Different aspects of Cornerstone that should be similar seem to be completely different--making me believe that the different departments are siloed within the organization (i.e. Curriculum and Certifications).

The technical help we received has been lacking. We are very disappointed with our customer service experience. Cornerstone does not do a good job managing their third party vendors, and getting help when needed has been very difficult. We have had several experiences where we have had to wait over 1 1/2 months to get the help we needed, which is unacceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good system, just make sure to have a proper contract review and do not leave anything non-specific.

We replaced an antiquated system, so Cornerstone has solved many of our needs. Although the administrative side of Cornerstone has not been a good experience for us, our end-users are experiencing many benefits, and that is the most important thing.

Cornerstone review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Powerful, flexible and easy to use learning system"

What do you like best?

The ability to deliver learning across the organization for various different approval processes and needs.

What do you dislike?

We have an integration with Workday and wish that the integration was a little more flexible in regards to the user data that you can get from that integration.

We are able to target audiences and deliver just in time learning in a very automated way without having to manually manager audiences ongoing for various training needs.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Product - Still Needs Some Work"

What do you like best?

Great community and there are a lot of ways to get the information you need to solve a problem. There are the Communities of Practice, the Office Hours Calls, there are the online search features which will bring up training videos and other things as well. There is a wealth of information and ways to find what you are looking for on their site.

What do you dislike?

Job Ad is not as flexible as I would like it to be. It is not as fluid as the other provider that we had in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a complete dialog with all the key players who will be using the system. Discuss all of the features that you would like to see in the system prior to implementation with your representative. Think outside the box and ask for things that you want in a system. Discuss problems you had with your old system and ask how this system can address the situation.

It is allowing us to create multiple pages for our academic recruitment with one vendor instead of outsourcing and saves on costs.

Cornerstone review by Antonio S.
Antonio S.

"Cornerstone Review"

What do you like best?

Pretty much nothing. The application lacks so much that there is really nothing good to talk about.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of clicks needed to get to course. Not only that, after you take a course, then you must find your way back to sign it. If you upload videos then there is no control to see who watch it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for something that promtes Learning Tool Interoperability (LTI)

No benefits. We solved the problem of being able to track training taken.

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Railroad Manufacture
Administrator in Railroad Manufacture

"CSOD Admin"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for administrators - I came in with little to no HRIS experience and was able to administer the system with little to no training

What do you dislike?

Not intuitive for end users - we get lots of complaints from internal customers about not being able to use specific browsers for specific courses etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a specific HRIS admin for a product that can dedicate the time needed to get your money's worth for the product

Training compliance for federal regulations and performance management. Once the system is set up correctly it is relatively hands off!

Cornerstone review by Deborah B.
Deborah B.

"Constantly updating and improving"

What do you like best?

I love the quarterly updates. With each of these updates, new features are released and enhancements to old features are provided. Also CSOD gives a space to customers to recommend features that would be beneficial to them, and every release they use this list to make improvements.

What do you dislike?

There was a huge learning curve as an administrator. Although their train the trainer learning has improved from when I started using this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need someone to manage the system because there are a lot of parts and it is updating every quarter. Also the more components of CSOD you have the more powerful it will be.

Reporting on completed training is pretty easy and providing email reports makes our managers happy because they have less steps to get to the information that they need.

Cornerstone review by Administrator

"An user-friendly tool which is in constant development"

What do you like best?

I like the display, which make the end-user experience really pleasant. The functionalities, such as communities allow to make a real link between all the employees. It is also really attractive that all different HR aspects can be found in CSOD (even if some are still being developed). The possibility to configure the system by ourselves (with support) is also great.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning, the user accesses can be complicated to manage, but as since as you get used to it, it gets more simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be really specific in your requirements and do not hesitate to contact CSOD team if you have any questions. Enjoy the more presentation you can get on the system, they can always bring ideas.

The tool allows us to handle training and recruitment in a software which is available in all our locations, It makes work more efficient

Cornerstone review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Simplifying isn't always Simple"

What do you like best?

The reporting metrics and analytics were strong.

What do you dislike?

The system was a lot of work to set up and took a lot of time to input all the competencies and customize the way our company wanted to use the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We were in the process of developing a new performance management process and implementing Cornerstone at the same time. Make sure that you have your ducks in line on how your want your process to work before you start the implementation with Cornerstone so you know the tool can do everything you want it to do.

We were developing a new performance management program based on goals and competencies and wanted to streamline it and make it digital to get rid of all the "paperwork" and manual effort associated with reviews. In the end, the system didn't really work very well for us because we could not get the back end algorithms to align properly even though Cornerstone provide a lot of special support for us.

Cornerstone review by Tenia D.
Tenia D.

"Learning management"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface the best. It is a very simple design and the system is fairly easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the drop down menu as it does not always function properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It looks nice, but make sure you offer comprehensive training to employees at initial implementation.

It has made keeping trainings in one place easy. It also solves the problem of signing up for web based trainings.

Cornerstone review by Administrator

"Nice vendors partnership and most needed functionalities available"

What do you like best?

Professional support given by consultants to adapt a SaaS software to our environment. Learning and Performance module are mature (all wishing funcionalities available)

What do you dislike?

Need to improve "HR Administration" experience -> software is very powerful for end user experience

The learning module helps us to manage training expiration dates (mandatory by regulations/certification) and to provide e-learning to end users.

Recruitment processes were not centralised but handled by individual business units via HR business partners. This resulted in varying recruitment standards across the company and inconsistent ways of working. Hiring requests were made via paper and had to be discussed at weekly meetings, with managers having to physically sign papers for recruitment approval. We wanted to simplify and reduce HR administration to help the rest of the business better understand HR processes and to contribute to the overall efficiency of the company.

Learn more about Cornerstone OnDemand

Cornerstone OnDemand Videos

Learning about Cornerstone OnDemand?

* We monitor all Cornerstone OnDemand reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.