Cornerstone OnDemand
Badge 1404235582

Cornerstone OnDemand

26 7.7 / 10
Watch a Demo
Cornerstone OnDemand provides talent management, learning, and performance management software delivered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).

Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews (26)

Cornerstone is logical in how it gathers data into one final product, such as Performance Review Task. For example, specific competencies - with individual items... Read More
G2 Crowd User in Non-Profit Organization Management
0 n2b0mqj5jxsgqnm7qenhmldkghwjec47nep8mlfzclg2vpffvob1c5unpmdidrj bf53ncldpdgg
Keri M.
Administrator in Information Services

12 year LMS Professional - 7 months Cornerstone Client

What do you like best?

I am an admin who likes vast amounts of tools and choices. I leverage these tools by customizing my environment and targeting my training. Cornerstone has tons of tools and customization features that I can dig into. It will take me another year to master it all!

What do you dislike?

The one thing I would really like to see is a "Where Used" feature. For example, if I create a Group OU, and then use that OU to assign training (or target an email, or display a dashboard), I would like to see a list of objects that OU touches when I am looking at the OU. For example, I want to know if I change a Group OU, what it is going to impact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that other have an appropriate resource on site to administer this program. Too many times in my career I have seen companies give LMS Administration duties to someone who has another full time job. This IS a full time job...and for someone who has experience. If you don't have this resource on site, I would recommend investing fully in Cornerstones training and implementation services.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I am using custom location OU data to target training. For example, if one of my properties uses a particular tool at that site, I can target training to them. Sometimes Job Title just is not enough in our environment. Sometimes it is job title and where you work!

Great Talent Management Provider

What do you like best?

I like that there are many different tools to find out information you are looking for regarding new functionality (or just new-to-you functionality). They have great online help and user guides, as well as online courses you can take regarding different sections of their platform, webinars, and many contacts though Global Product Support, Customer Service Manager and Account Manager.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if something is not working as intended, you will sometimes get the answer that they were unable to recreate your problem, and kick the support ticket back to you. When you put in a support case, it will also sometimes take a while to hear back from anyone without having to call and follow up. Functionality is released in piece-meal (before it's user-ready) instead of all at once, so when you upgrade to a new user interface, etc., you are most likely going to have missing functionality that you once had before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be the most robust system out there from what I have seen and used.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Cornerstone has helped to automate many things like performance reviews, forms, acknowledging policies and taking new hire courses, keeping records of courses and events attended. The system is pretty flexible.

Cornerstone OnDemand an Organic Product that values feedback

What do you like best?

The product is very robust and provides so many possibilities that giving feedback and getting support is crucial! Cornerstone sincerely values feedback from their users and gives support in various ways. Aside from the company's online Help, user guides, and user forums, if I am unsure of how to do something I can reach out during daily "Office Hours" to discuss my scenario or I can call customer support directly. We also have a great rapport with our CSM (Customer Service Manager) whom we can reach out to for unique situations and speak to on a quarterly basis. On top of that there is also an opportunity on a quarterly basis to network at a regional one day event with other Cornerstone Admins.

What do you dislike?

Cornerstone has releases that occur on a quarterly basis and keeping up all that is newly being released or updated can take time, if you do not have a process.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We use the Learning, Performance, Succession, and Connect modules. And truly each piece has helped us to streamline and improve our processes.

Validated Review

Cornerstone is a solid solution for a LMS product that links nicely with Workday

What do you like best?

Cornerstone is a strong solution out of the box. It has a lot of solid design for a learning management system tool. My favorite part about it, is how easily it integrates with Workday, and setting up Single Sign-on. This allows a very streamlined tool from the end user perspective.

What do you dislike?

Cornerstone does not look as sleek and modern as some other newer learning management systems and it's interface is not quite as easily intuitively to follow than others that I have seen.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

The business problem we are trying to solve is implementing a enterprise level learning management system tool. Up until now, the learning has been dispersed across the organization, each department has their own training and videos. It has been difficult for us for example in onboarding - to know what training a new joiner has completed, make sure all steps in their learning have been completed, and be able to measure their progress.

By the same token, in a different example - we are also trying to find a way to have a one stop shop for employees and training, so they are aware of what is available to them, and can take it one area. Right now that is hard to find.

Validated Review

Cornerstone Learning module close to implementation

What do you like best?

Ease of use, modern interface, and customer service are second to none for exceptional product and service.

I call Cornerstone the Amazon.com of LMSs.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app works but still fairly limited in capability and functionality compared to regular site.

Cannot change start and end dates of training records.

We are loading thousands of historical data records and the system cannot retroactively look at historical records in the past in some situations when setting up automatic future proxy enrollments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be explicit on your business requirements especially if you are in a highly regulated industry.

Cornerstone did a great job understanding our needs, however, we should have been more detailed when providing them exactly how some of our processes work and the pain points around them.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Automation of external compliance training coming due and extremely detailed and sometimes immediate report requests.

While we have not officially went live yet, we have realized the power of the system to automate much of our manually notification an report writing processes.

Tags

* We monitor all Cornerstone OnDemand reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Cornerstone OnDemand?