Cortana Intelligence Suite

Cortana Intelligence Suite is a fully managed big data and advanced analytics suite to transform your data into intelligent action.

Work for Cortana Intelligence Suite?

Learning about Cortana?

Cortana Intelligence Suite Reviews

Showing 37 Cortana reviews
Cortana review by mayra c.
mayra c.

"the future!"

What do you like best?

what not to like i love been able to just talk to my computer or phone and Xbox and telling it to do things for me. i use it a lot at work and on my phone. when am on the go and i can use my phone while driving am able to pull up directions with cortana or search for a number or add a reminder. at work i use it to pull up my work schedule appointment or to open up applications with out actually searching for them.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it doesn't really understand what am saying maybe just because am sick and my voice change lol.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking for something that will make you work more productive this could be it. you are able to sinc your stuff from your computer to your phone with cortana they things she does for me are just great! and save alot of time doing this this way i can actually focus on what needs to be done. i relay alot on cortana for my calendar agenda and just knowing what am suppose to do with out looking at my calendar.! i think cortana is going to be a great future for technology!

a lot! time by been able to speak to it it saves me a lot of time instead of searching for different things. reading the news for me letting me know what my schedule looks like while i work on other things

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cortana Intelligence Suite
Cortana review by Haresh S.
Haresh S.

"Machine learning to derive valuable insights"

What do you like best?

Processes large volumes of data quite fast and efficiently and creates visual dashboard at a rapid pace and gives the option to visualize the templates of our choice and good for processing large data sets and the unique edge lies in the way in which it process huge datasets and predict the future trends,patterns and data and wonderful with R language datasets too.I like the data intelligence action a lot in a way where it has user friendly analysis and good for small to large scale enterprises

What do you dislike?

The data catalog and warehouse features are limited,some are custom enabled auth and query and cannot be modified or optimized based on our choice or preference and the large set frameworks cannot be imported with ease

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best for fine tuning the target segmentation analysis strategy and also for the perfect warehouse report dashboard data

The voice to text features provided is good and most of the times the decision making process is on point and hits the nail on the head perfectly and most accurately and the valuable insights could be reported and stored for large datasets which helped us a lot and mainly the smart data analytics deploys artificial intelligence suite for people and specific tasks which acts as a third interface providing valuable suggestions and timely updates whenever there is an critical alert or a proper way to get the task done and i felt those features are top notch and also makes it the most sought after tool

What Predictive Analytics solution do you use?

Cortana review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"cortina intelligence suite review"

What do you like best?

Cortina intelligence can allow users to compare products, ideas, or things that can give you the best option for the best outcome. To be more specific, the program allows you to compare ideas to maximize the program outcome and reaching program goals. There are also other features that allow you to follow the progress of the idea and how it will impact your program.

What do you dislike?

What is difficult about this program is that the features are so integrated that you need to spend much time putting together what you want, however in the end it may be worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is great for those who work in the business or market research industry, but maybe not for public health professionals. Although this program allows you to curtail and make your own personalization a, I believe that this is more useful in a different field.

Program components, features, and outomes

Cortana review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Simplify the BIG data"

What do you like best?

It is a Microsoft's cloud analytics prix fixe & Transform the data into intelligent action.

It embraces big data, data warehousing, data management and preparation, machine learning, business intelligence and the emerging Internet of Things.

It is a Fast and Flexible and Secure and Scalable.

What do you dislike?

In simple terms, a solid big data analytics infrastructure is an absolute necessity for any business enterprise with aspirations for success. Enterprises that do not take the time and spend the money to establish a big data infrastructure are going to operate at a disadvantage. That is not a good place to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am recommending to others to use Cortana analytics.

Traditionally when developing a new data warehouse one of the first things to do is size and commission the hardware. Sizing a data warehouse for both storage and processing can be difficult as you only know what you know now about your source data and predict the rest. Additionally, hardware purchasing, housing and configuration is expensive and sometimes prohibitive.

Cortana review by Jasmine F.
Jasmine F.

"Typical Microsoft Product -- reliable, but frequently frustrating"

What do you like best?

I like that Cortana's options include the contents of my entire computer. I can search for a document even if I only recall a fragment of the file name, and have no recollection of where it's stored! So that is a very handy feature when you run a business and have a lot of documents you need to access efficiently & quickly.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes outweigh my likes on this product, unfortunately; that's why it only gets a five. BECAUSE CORTANA NEVER KNOWS WHAT SHE'S TALKING ABOUT! People have been using Siri for years; why on EARTH would Microsoft make a product that can't understand basic human speech...? I exclusively type into Cortana rather than speak into it because it seems to invent gibberish that doesn't even remotely resemble what I'm saying. That gets super frustrating, and it can get embarrassing to shout the same commands over and over if you have company or coworkers around you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend keeping your expectations low. Even for a Microsoft product this is a pretty pathetic product -- almost MS Vista status.

I used this product to try to organize the contents of my computer, and I would say it has succeeded at that, to a marginal extent. It would be helpful if, in addition to the search feature, Cortana included an automatic reorganization or refiling system that placed your documents & pictures in more accessible, logical arrangements.

Cortana review by Chaitanya A.
Chaitanya A.

"Great Work, Excepting more in future"

What do you like best?

The best part of using Cortana Analytics Suite is its automating decision making and perform advanced analytics to get insights for decisions. Scalability is also one plus point towards to the choice of Cortana Analytics. There reports feature is good as it helps in analysing the data points. With both decision support and decision automation, Cortana Analytics Suite is doing the best and is heading in the right direction. I have used it to for our two separate services and it been great assistant in managing both.

What do you dislike?

I believe that with time their prediction improves and they should work on their BI Dashboard. The Dashboard is not up to the mark. It is highly visual but in terms of usability and features it can do better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its still developing and so always have a flexibility in interface and analytics will be handled by cortana. It is the best possible solution you could imagine in the price range. Its a fast, simple, low-cost alternative to other products available into the market.

In the our startup, we use the big data technology. We have created two separate services. The whole big data analytics are done by Cortana Analytics Suite. So far it has been to very good and features are pretty good. There interactive user interface is really good. We uploaded our data and our catalog, and tuned the recommendation engine with experiments and testing to fine tune the weights. At the end, we got a pretty good recommendation engine.

Cortana review by Vivek S.
Vivek S.

"Wonderful Analytics Platform for data management and analytics"

What do you like best?

It address the challenge of data warehousing and management. They have data catalogue in which you can record all the non documented data. The HDinsight platform provides support for native Microsoft languages. You can take advantage of the Azure Machine Learning platform which automatically helps you understand your data better

What do you dislike?

There is only support for native Microsoft languages like C# and .NET. They need to diversify their platform to support other languages as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product to others. It definitely has all the features any business intelligence team would need. It's worth the price.

It helps in analysing the data in much better and an ordered fashion. The results are fetched within minutes helps in gaining a lot of customer insights through the help of the Azure Machine Learning Platform. All in all, this is the best product which provides business analytics solutions under one hood.

Cortana review by Manuel J.
Manuel J.

"Cortana best voice recognition friend"

What do you like best?

Microsoft has made a good job offering the best recognition software, ahead of their competitors. You can use Cortana as a virtual assistant to find work documents in your computer and in internet.

What do you dislike?

In some technician words its not accurated and need to improve that aspect, but its fully functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm just using as trial, not knowing about Cortana Suite.

We use Cortana with their API to get voice recordings and to recognise the voice of our applications.

Cortana review by Melissa W.
Melissa W.

"Great Analytics"

What do you like best?

I like that I can understand the data in front of me. It makes more sense than any other intelligence suite that I have used before this. I appreciated that it is pretty easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I'm still training on the program, so I wish it was easier to understand at the first try for newer employees. Having a more streamlined training may have helped me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Tracking analytics helps us understand our members more intuitively. It has helped me realized how our membership interact with our organization and promote synergy throughout our membership.

Cortana review by Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.

"The speed and quality of this software is impressive."

What do you like best?

One of the things that I like best about this is the ability to pull in raw data, any sort of raw data, and refine it for the applications and programs that need that particular data.

What do you dislike?

Data Lake can make this run a little slow, and take it's time to get anywhere. But this might just be an issue with my systems as I've not heard this from anyone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have issues with Excel or other analytics software, this might not be for you. But, if you do it is a great help.

I am able to analyse data quickly and without having to use Microsoft Excel, which I like very much because the formulas of that are very difficult to follow and memorize.

Cortana review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Its a great tool to work with. It helps tranforming the data into intelligent analytics. "

What do you like best?

The best part about the tool is that it offers many inbuilt features such as prediction, churns and also giving recommendations etc. And the best part is it is highly scalable i.e. it offers pay as you go scheme.

What do you dislike?

The mind boggling thing that I did not like about this is that it doesn't understand the language at times .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the product to the users as it can be used in many areas of the industry such as finance , retail , marketing , manufacture and public sector.

the platform benefits me by making me save lots of my time.

"Cortana Analytics Review"

What do you like best?

A great analytical platform that welcomes large data including data management, preparation and prediction.

In addition, while processing big data, the software provides surprisingly exceptional speed. As a visual person, I was personally impressed with the visual dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft Cortana is still a relatively new software that has some rough edges to smooth out such the capabilities of the visual dashboard. More specifically we experienced some user-facing issues. They were eventually resolved by their tech team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely - this analytical software can be used by large firms and even small firms who are having difficulties capturing and translating large data sets.

The directors were looking to simplify big data and move into a more efficient and modern route. They were highly impressed with the Power BI as it rivals that of Qlik and Tableau. That being said we able to capture large sets of data and display the analytics with high-quality speed and proficiency.

Cortana review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Cortana - Could change the way companies work all over the world"

What do you like best?

The language understanding system has the ability to revolutionize many vertical markets

What do you dislike?

The language understanding service can be a little overwhelming at first trying to understand the differnces between intents and entities

As a provider of software applications to the legal market there is not a huge amount that the Cortana Intelligence suite can be utilised for though at the speed that new features are being added I suspect that will change very quickly. However the current functionality is clearly really well suited for e-commerce companies or vertical markets where process is very prescriptive and linear.

Cortana review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"Business Analytics in a Sweet package"

What do you like best?

Using Cortana Analytics, I have upgraded my business to be a smarter and more efficient version of its prototype. Cortana Analytics uses machine learning and data analysis to provide better insight on things that others won't have. It gives my business a competitive edge against other competitors.

What do you dislike?

Although backed by Microsoft's research group, there are many alternatives in the market that provide a comparatively cheaper price. There are benefits to using Cortana Analytics, but there isn't much of use for the voice and text to speech APIs currently for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The features Cortana Analytics has will blow your mind! There are so many packages that work so well together, which can easily remind me of how Microsoft's personal assistant Cortana works!

We are using Cortana Analytics to evaluate our customers in the mobile advertising industry, to analyze trends in the market so that we can better target advertisements to the mobile media. Cortana Analytics helps us decide what direction our company should be focusing on and what the trends of the market is.

Cortana review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"intelligence within reach"

What do you like best?

is a tool that facilitates me when it comes to searching for information or programs. What I like the most is that I save time

What do you dislike?

the least I like is that sometimes it is activated alone or when the search real does not argue with me

with this tool I have had my files at hand when it comes to searching for information of old data

Cortana review by User in Package/Freight Delivery
User in Package/Freight Delivery

"Still learning but I like it"

What do you like best?

The accuracy for managing data and warehousing it is nice. The dashboard as well has its perks from a visual standpoint

What do you dislike?

Relatively new product and as a new user there is a definite learning curve and while there are training manuals it can be hard to digest and apply for beginners

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seems to be a great product. Again if you're new to this beware of a learning curve but positives outweigh any negatives

Shipping company using massive amounts of data and looking for better ways to analyze and consolidate the info.

Cortana review by User in Internet

"Quick to understand, helpful"

What do you like best?

I like that we have the option to input our query via a keyboard as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike my speech impediment--Had it since birth & when I use voice features like cortana or google assistant sometimes they mess it up, most of the time they know what I was going for and it's fine though.

I'm solving communications problems. It's really nice to have someone who knows (more or less) where my thought process is going and is able to help me out with only a fraction typed in.

Cortana review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Ease of obtaining competitive intelligence"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. When I first started using the Cortana intelligence suite program, it was very easy on boarding process. I was able to obtain the information that I wanted with ease.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that at times its not easy to be able to view multiple products at a time. I think that there needs to be better functionality when it comes to comparison functions.

Business problems are relatively confidential and I cannot disclose such areas. However, this program has definitely been very helpful in our daily work.

Cortana review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Telecommunications
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Telecommunications

"Good experience so far"

What do you like best?

A better option for big data analytics. Clean and precise. The interface is nice and flexible to use. It's a useful tool for my reports.

What do you dislike?

Still getting used to use it. Haven't used it too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give it a try. It's fairly new but already has great reviews besides my own.

Big data related to economics of cities. I have realized that it's improving the way I write and analyze my reports.

Cortana review by Angela F.
Angela F.

"Great for data storage"

What do you like best?

great data storage and visuals. hoping to go live in the future

What do you dislike?

So far we like everything we have learned so far

It's been great for forecasting in the business

Cortana review by User in Higher Education

"Great for data analytics in higher ed"

What do you like best?

This program is great for synthesizing large amounts of user data and isolating specific variables so as to understand how the insitution/office is functioning

What do you dislike?

It's not a very intuitive program, it definitely took some time for me to get a feel for it, but once I did, it went very smoothly

We've used the program to analyze data from our kiosk system to analyze how many students we see on average, how long students are here on average, what kinds of appointments take X amount of time, how efficient our advisors are, etc. We didn't know how much we didn't know until we started using this program.

Cortana review by User in Research
User in Research

"Definitely good, looking forward to improvements"

What do you like best?

Definitely the automation in decision making and the advanced analytics that it performs. Works great with genomic datasets that are huge.

What do you dislike?

It only takes native Microsoft languages like C# and .NET.

We use it for analysing genomic datasets and it's great at looking at the big picture and making decisions based on that.

Cortana review by Raymond S.
Raymond S.

"Too many windows "

What do you like best?

I am not a really big fan of all the windows involved with Cortana

What do you dislike?

All the confusing windows and unclear tutorials

I have had system crash issues using the product. Doesn't benefit me at all

Cortana review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Big data and advanced analytics unlike any other"

What do you like best?

There are many things that are great about Cortana Intelligence Suite. Some of my favorites include predictive analytics and advanced learning algorithms which allow for streamlined automation of tasks and executables. Additionally, using all of our data in a fast and flexible manner is key and completely doable with Cortana Intelligence Suite.

What do you dislike?

I would just like more constant innovation. Staying up to date with new and exciting tools and methodologies could be integrated better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. The insights are unparalleled.

Business intelligence across the board.

Cortana review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"great for getting things done faster"

What do you like best?

It has helped me organize and enhance my campaigns

What do you dislike?

The sheer amount of data displayed can be overwhelming and the interface is not user friendly enough

It helps provide information needed to make key decisions for online campaigns. The benefits gained have been saving money on the campaign and improving efficiency.

Cortana review by Consultant

"Microsoft Partnership"

What do you like best?

Our company has a partnership with Microsoft and they help us throughout any regards, even offering more resolutions.

What do you dislike?

Still lacks some direct features for our business, but we're already working with Microsoft about this.

We can retrieve data easily from our costumers and using it in our favor, so we can deliver better products, always focusing them.

Cortana review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Good product, easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to use and the results are easy to interpret and enable us to take action

What do you dislike?

There is a slight learning curve but it is easy to learn and get the desired results

It helped us resolve duplicity issues (multiple people doing the same tasks)

Cortana review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Cortana offers as an integrated set of cloud-based services"

What do you like best?

Allows you to build a customized analytics solution. This is essentially a bundling of Microsoft Azure programs, bundled and marketed together as Cortana -- but together they do the job effectively.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve is strong here if you have not previously use data analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend for your business analytics team - a lot of value for the price.

Able to view and predict trends -- giving you usable data that is easy to manage.

"Advanced analytics platform"

What do you like best?

It helped me to interact in a natural language with my data

What do you dislike?

Feel like some what Expensive and services are less

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended to build bots to facilitate improved interaction with customers

I am using Microsoft Bot Framework to developing bots. Very useful to chat with customers in natural language

Cortana review by Anjali N.
Anjali N.

"Great addition to Microsoft"

What do you like best?

Cortana is a great supplement to other help features on Microsoft

What do you dislike?

I find it difficult to use and navigate--it should have a voice function

We are finding it much easier to maneuver new Microsoft applications

Cortana review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good work!"

What do you like best?

Using Cortana to interact in a natural language with the data

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Cortana doesn't understand what you are exactly talking about and I have to type in as to what I need

Searching information is easier

Cortana review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Pleasant analytics platform "

What do you like best?

It's user interface is fairly intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The help/troubleshooting documents need some work

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

BI analysis

Cortana review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"User friendly Cortana "

What do you like best?

I like being able to have Cortana a click away to direct and assist my daily activities.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the lag/delay when summoning cortana to assist me

It helps save time navigating computer files and programs

Cortana review by User in Research
User in Research

"Better out there "

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Basic application on Windows 10

What do you dislike?

Too many updates

Too much "fluff"

Too many applications that cannot be deleted

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple

Research and development

Some organization

Cortana review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"The future is cloud based"

What do you like best?

Easily transmits data from different interfaces.

What do you dislike?

Not compatible with all electronic medical records yet.

Provides valued interoperability for company and 3rd party applications.

Cortana review by User in Higher Education

"Cortana"

What do you like best?

It is a relatively simple system to use.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes runs slowly. It needs updating.

Cortana helps me with scheduling.

Cortana review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great all in one software"

What do you like best?

Advanced analytics that assist in critical decision making

What do you dislike?

The usability and features of the dashboard should be improved.

The data is more organized and easier to manage.

Learning about Cortana Intelligence Suite?

* We monitor all Cortana Intelligence Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.