G2 Crowd Acquires Siftery to Create a New Way to Buy and Manage Software Spend ­čÜÇ

CosmoLex

CosmoLex is cloud-based law practice management software that includes billing, trust (IOLTA) accounting, calendaring & task management.

Work for CosmoLex?

Learning about CosmoLex?

CosmoLex Reviews

Ask CosmoLex a Question
Showing 8 CosmoLex reviews
CosmoLex review by Barbara F.
Barbara F.

"PCLaw conversion"

What do you like best?

Program is cloud based and easy to read, mostly.

What do you dislike?

Screen size is not adjustable and still see the entire page. I use a split screen and Cosmolex does not resize accurately for the split screen. I don't like the timekeeping because it jumps around just when you want to start using it so you have to pause and wait for it to settle down before you can start typing your description. Description doesn't even show when using split screen. I don't like the billing because it fails to account accurately for the trust account. The vocabulary in the billing is not accurate (service tax instead of general excise tax). I am not accurately keeping time because it is not side by side with my work (the split screen problem). Looks cartoonish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes some getting used to. I haven't used it, but I understand it is available for tablets and phones.

PClaw was freezing, giving us wrong information, duplicating bank balances, losing information. No real benefit yet, we are still trying to get everything corrected.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CosmoLex
CosmoLex review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Everything you need in billing and time keeping"

What do you like best?

Helps me to keep track of my accounting and time I need to go to court. Email integration with clients and calendar integration. It is a great way to send my client invoices and request documents.

What do you dislike?

no legal writing aspect so that it can help autofill my briefs and have briefs ready to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software to for almost any practice.

Advanced billing and time tracking also a great place to store client files and information that is available right on your phone. Billing is great too in that I can both email and mail my clients bills.

What Legal Practice Management solution do you use?

CosmoLex review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Thankfully, we don't need three different programs now!"

What do you like best?

Cosmolex makes it super-simple and very intuitive to handle ALL aspects of the management of our practice in one place! Previously, we had three different programs for the time and billing, bookkeeping and document management. Now, it's all in one place. The reports are powerful and easy to use, and the customer support is beyond anything I've ever experienced!

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to access the accounting features via the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You won't regret the decision.

It's been a great time saver and certainly reduces the likelihood of errors in working between three different programs.

CosmoLex review by Lynda W.
Lynda W.

"Answer to a lot of issues!"

What do you like best?

That it is a complete practice management system. I have always had to use two systems previous to finding Cosmolex, particularly at a "small firm" price point. Cosmolex handles all of our needs and their creative, think-outside-the-box support team has found a way to address every concern we have had! We're ready to sign up for year two!

What do you dislike?

I wish that we could print or export transactions from the Chart of Accounts. Also tie-ins to our online banking would be a great help as we have quite a few auto-pays. If we can't tie into online banking, automatic/memorized transactions would be a good alternative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. We didn't regret it and are ready to commit to our second year!

We've been able to consolidate all of our firm management, including accounting in non-case related areas into one package.

CosmoLex review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Cosmolex meets all our needs and is easy to use."

What do you like best?

We enjoy the fact that we can easily create and edit bills, and that the entire system is cloud-based.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike and because it is cloud-based it is always being updated and improved. I do wish I had the ability to "no-charge" portions of time entries.

Each individual attorney is able to manage their own billing and collection process. Because this can be done efficiently, collection is faster and it is done with less administrative burden.

CosmoLex review by User

"Good Practice Management Software"

What do you like best?

I like that it has fully integrated accounting.

What do you dislike?

It is not as user friendly and intuitive as other programs, like MyCase. The e-mailing forwarding process is not as good as that of MyCase, and I wish there was a desktop option.

I can't think of any problems solved or benefits realized as I have been using CosmoLex since I started my own practice.

CosmoLex review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Cosmolex"

What do you like best?

That the accounting is built into the software management program. I love that it is web based and can be accessed anywhere. It also can be synced with quickbooks which is awesome for someone uses this finance software.

What do you dislike?

The cost is pretty high for a solo practitioner. The learning curve also seems very steep - it does not feel intuitive at all. The accounting isn't as good as quickbooks though.

Trying to consolidate all my business needs into one package.

CosmoLex review by Administrator

"Great for Trust Accounting"

What do you like best?

We use this to keep track of our Attorney Trust Account.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything we can think of at this time as this program meets our needs.

If we are audited we can produce real-time records at the click of a button. As we are handling our client's funds this is invaluable.

Learning about CosmoLex?

* We monitor all CosmoLex reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.