CoStar Brokerage Applications

CoStar Brokerage Applications is a suite of real estate applications that help manage brokerage applications, property CRM, and marketing functions.

Work for CoStar Brokerage Applications?

Learning about CoStar?

CoStar Brokerage Applications Reviews

Showing 24 CoStar reviews
CoStar review by <span>William S.</span>
William S.

"Best In the Business"

What do you like best?

CoStar definitely has the most up to date listings and most accurate information of all the listing services that I have ever used. It also has the most properties available and has the most accredited professionals using this site.

What do you dislike?

Some property information is either out of date or inaccurate, but most of that is because the broker who listed the property inaccurately input the information. It would be great if they required brokers to put in all the zoning information for a property as well, thus to make it easier to search for specific uses allowed in certain zones, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about getting involved in Commercial Real Estate and finding them most accurate information, I highly recommend using CoStar over other listing services. With that being said, I also highly recommending contacting them directly and having one of their marketing specialists meet you or do a full online demo for you. They have the best support staff I have experienced, and if you are on the fence, give them a call and get a full tutorial.

This service makes finding properties for clients very easy and also makes listing properties for owners and finding tenants or buyers very easy. I have realized that the most accredited professionals in this industry use CoStar as their go to listing service, and that information from other sites is inaccurate way more frequently than it is on CoStar.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CoStar Brokerage Applications
CoStar review by <span>Scott P.</span>
Scott P.

"CoStar is great, but the data not so much"

What do you like best?

I love the user interface. It really is the most comprehensive real estate brokerage product available. They are the 2 ton gorilla in this space and the price reflects it. It has all of the functionality I could ever want. The ability to save searches, reports, input my own data and notes, and showcase my listings. I will say that the support is great. They have plenty of tutorials, videos, and articles to help with questions. I haven't personally had any conversations with their customer support, but I hear they are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the data integrity. I know they try, but it would be great if it was truly reliable. I try to use it all I can but unfortunately, I have to cross reference information with other sources. It is a great source but unfortunately because of it's expense and exclusivity, some other types of properties don't make it on. For example, if a residential broker were to list a commercial property, it is very likely that this property does not end up on CoStar because very few residential brokers are willing to fork up the money for a CoStar subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's expensive, but it really is necessary as a commercial real estate broker.

I love that I can customize CoStar for my purposes. If used propertly, CoStar can be a CRM, listing source, research database, and starting point for much due diligence. I love the ability to customize my reports to fit my needs.

What Brokerage Management solution do you use?

CoStar review by <span>Eric V.</span>
Eric V.

"The Best Commercial Real Estate Data All in One Place"

What do you like best?

CoStar has the most in depth and comprehensive statistics of any real estate database. From searching sales comps to investigating current listings, it's a great place to go. Their team is also extremely helpful and proactive in reaching out to gather data. Our account representative is always being proactive about reaching out, and they have even sent reps to our office to help us understand how to best use all the tools.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be improved in certain areas, and the speed of the report generation engine can sometimes be inadequate. The site is relatively easy to use and navigate, but it is by no means 'slick' in the sense that some things load slowly, the user interface itself isn't very modern, and the look and feel is a bit outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may find slicker applications on the market, but you won't find another app/website with data that is nearly as comprehensive as that provided in CoStar.

Problems are lack of good data and a surplus of bad data about commercial real estate. CoStar is the best place to sift through the 'junk' data and get to the 'good' data. It has very powerful search tools, and some good visualization options including maps, charts, etc.

CoStar review by <span>Kyle M.</span>
Kyle M.

"Great listing tool with a few minor flaws"

What do you like best?

CoStar is the most accurate source of listings available. It's easy to navigate and consolidates all pertinent info for my potential clients.

What do you dislike?

For small brokerages, the pricing is exorbitant. Their interface could allow for more self-editing, rather than working through an agent to make changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best option out there.

I'm reaching more clients through CoStar than through any other listing platform.

CoStar review by <span>Richard L.</span>
Richard L.

"Co star is a good source for building data, historical sales comps and market reports"

What do you like best?

There are a number of features that are very useful for me. The first is the ability to look up historical sales comps. The second is the building data. Lastly, costar tenant although doesn't have all the tenant info, does allow us to make better cold calls

What do you dislike?

I think for the most part, there are not many items about Costar that I don't like. It would be nice to have more comprehensive tenant info but I know that sometimes that info is hard to compile.

Costar tenant allows us to cold call more efficiently by knowing the tenant's leases expire. We also use costar to data mine addresses and contact info for potential new clients.

CoStar review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"CoStar keeps me up to date."

What do you like best?

CoStar offers a wide variety of tools that can be used to find individual property information or broad, market information. This keeps me informed as a market expert and able to assist clients on a number of important real estate issues.

What do you dislike?

CoStar is expensive. However, it would be much more difficult and expensive to personally gather and maintain all of the data available. Additionally, the quality of the data and services available is, in my opinion, superior to the competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are regularly conducting commercial real estate business, this is an important tool to ensure you have the information needed for yourself and your clients. It offers you the ability to spend more time working on deals instead of data mining and management.

Through CoStar, I can find holes in the market for developers who might want to add to the supply of available properties in the area. For prospecting, I can find the direct contact of a business or ownership group. And for assisting a tenant or buyer, I can quickly find a survey of available spaces that match the criteria for the requirement. Additionally, we can follow trends of what direction pricing is headed in.

Learning about CoStar Brokerage Applications?

* We monitor all CoStar Brokerage Applications reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.