Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

CoStar Brokerage Applications

3.6
(25 reviews)

CoStar Brokerage Applications is a suite of real estate applications that help manage brokerage applications, property CRM, and marketing functions.

Work for CoStar Brokerage Applications?

Learning about CoStar?

CoStar Brokerage Applications Reviews

Showing 25 CoStar reviews
CoStar review by William S.
William S.

"Best In the Business"

What do you like best?

CoStar definitely has the most up to date listings and most accurate information of all the listing services that I have ever used. It also has the most properties available and has the most accredited professionals using this site.

What do you dislike?

Some property information is either out of date or inaccurate, but most of that is because the broker who listed the property inaccurately input the information. It would be great if they required brokers to put in all the zoning information for a property as well, thus to make it easier to search for specific uses allowed in certain zones, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about getting involved in Commercial Real Estate and finding them most accurate information, I highly recommend using CoStar over other listing services. With that being said, I also highly recommending contacting them directly and having one of their marketing specialists meet you or do a full online demo for you. They have the best support staff I have experienced, and if you are on the fence, give them a call and get a full tutorial.

This service makes finding properties for clients very easy and also makes listing properties for owners and finding tenants or buyers very easy. I have realized that the most accredited professionals in this industry use CoStar as their go to listing service, and that information from other sites is inaccurate way more frequently than it is on CoStar.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CoStar Brokerage Applications
CoStar review by Scott P.
Scott P.

"CoStar is great, but the data not so much"

What do you like best?

I love the user interface. It really is the most comprehensive real estate brokerage product available. They are the 2 ton gorilla in this space and the price reflects it. It has all of the functionality I could ever want. The ability to save searches, reports, input my own data and notes, and showcase my listings. I will say that the support is great. They have plenty of tutorials, videos, and articles to help with questions. I haven't personally had any conversations with their customer support, but I hear they are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the data integrity. I know they try, but it would be great if it was truly reliable. I try to use it all I can but unfortunately, I have to cross reference information with other sources. It is a great source but unfortunately because of it's expense and exclusivity, some other types of properties don't make it on. For example, if a residential broker were to list a commercial property, it is very likely that this property does not end up on CoStar because very few residential brokers are willing to fork up the money for a CoStar subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's expensive, but it really is necessary as a commercial real estate broker.

I love that I can customize CoStar for my purposes. If used propertly, CoStar can be a CRM, listing source, research database, and starting point for much due diligence. I love the ability to customize my reports to fit my needs.

What Brokerage Management solution do you use?

CoStar review by Eric V.
Eric V.

"The Best Commercial Real Estate Data All in One Place"

What do you like best?

CoStar has the most in depth and comprehensive statistics of any real estate database. From searching sales comps to investigating current listings, it's a great place to go. Their team is also extremely helpful and proactive in reaching out to gather data. Our account representative is always being proactive about reaching out, and they have even sent reps to our office to help us understand how to best use all the tools.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be improved in certain areas, and the speed of the report generation engine can sometimes be inadequate. The site is relatively easy to use and navigate, but it is by no means 'slick' in the sense that some things load slowly, the user interface itself isn't very modern, and the look and feel is a bit outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may find slicker applications on the market, but you won't find another app/website with data that is nearly as comprehensive as that provided in CoStar.

Problems are lack of good data and a surplus of bad data about commercial real estate. CoStar is the best place to sift through the 'junk' data and get to the 'good' data. It has very powerful search tools, and some good visualization options including maps, charts, etc.

CoStar review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Great listing tool with a few minor flaws"

What do you like best?

CoStar is the most accurate source of listings available. It's easy to navigate and consolidates all pertinent info for my potential clients.

What do you dislike?

For small brokerages, the pricing is exorbitant. Their interface could allow for more self-editing, rather than working through an agent to make changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best option out there.

I'm reaching more clients through CoStar than through any other listing platform.

CoStar review by Richard L.
Richard L.

"Co star is a good source for building data, historical sales comps and market reports"

What do you like best?

There are a number of features that are very useful for me. The first is the ability to look up historical sales comps. The second is the building data. Lastly, costar tenant although doesn't have all the tenant info, does allow us to make better cold calls

What do you dislike?

I think for the most part, there are not many items about Costar that I don't like. It would be nice to have more comprehensive tenant info but I know that sometimes that info is hard to compile.

Costar tenant allows us to cold call more efficiently by knowing the tenant's leases expire. We also use costar to data mine addresses and contact info for potential new clients.

User in Real Estate

"CoStar keeps me up to date."

What do you like best?

CoStar offers a wide variety of tools that can be used to find individual property information or broad, market information. This keeps me informed as a market expert and able to assist clients on a number of important real estate issues.

What do you dislike?

CoStar is expensive. However, it would be much more difficult and expensive to personally gather and maintain all of the data available. Additionally, the quality of the data and services available is, in my opinion, superior to the competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are regularly conducting commercial real estate business, this is an important tool to ensure you have the information needed for yourself and your clients. It offers you the ability to spend more time working on deals instead of data mining and management.

Through CoStar, I can find holes in the market for developers who might want to add to the supply of available properties in the area. For prospecting, I can find the direct contact of a business or ownership group. And for assisting a tenant or buyer, I can quickly find a survey of available spaces that match the criteria for the requirement. Additionally, we can follow trends of what direction pricing is headed in.

CoStar review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"CoStar is a great tool to use in the Real Estate industry"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect of CoStar is the applications ease of use. Every piece of information that you need on a building is very readily available

What do you dislike?

The one and only thing that I dislike about CoStar is the information can sometimes be outdated. It is not updated enough to provide high accuracy - it's right about 60% of the time

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the application if you need to know many details about particular buildings, tenants, or landlords.

As a Real Estate broker I use CoStar very often in my day-to-day activities. I am able to quickly verify addresses and square footage of client (verify via googling them)

CoStar review by Alexa B.
Alexa B.

"Great application for commercial realestate"

What do you like best?

you have easy access to a variety of services whether it be retail, office industrial etc

What do you dislike?

there are times when I am posting a listing or trying to update my listings they don't go through or go through wrong.

Having access to multiple listings across new york gives us a head start in finding what our clients need.

"Costar"

What do you like best?

Will use Coast Guard for comps tenant searches and to look for listings on a national level It is great because it has a lot of tools when you're looking at different listings around the country

What do you dislike?

We don't like that you can only use it on one computer and that makes it hard to want to work from home It should be truly web-based like a lot of the other applications out there on the market

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easier to use anymore web based

It is great because all of our brokers use this in all of our offices so we all have the same information

CoStar review by Corey S.
Corey S.

"sold comps, research, brokerage platform"

What do you like best?

mostly updated research, comprehensive database, multiple tools

What do you dislike?

The research is sometimes outdated, I would trust the research about 80% of the time

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend COSTAR to anyone in this field it is a great platform for a real estate business and at least points you in the right direction. It is continually growing and becoming the industry leder in what they offer

It helps with the daily process of brokering real estate

User in Commercial Real Estate

"Cost doesn't justify benefits... and keeps going up year after year"

What do you like best?

Vast choice of features

CoStar data in selected areas where AIR data unavailable

What do you dislike?

Monthly cost is obscene... and keeps going up year after year

Inability for our individual agents to buy just the CoStar brokerage applications the need "a la carte". Instead CoStar requires EVERY agent in our office to have a full CoStar subscription of a BUNDLED apps, many which we NEVER use as industrial real estate brokers.

Data accuracy inferior to AIR

Recommendations to others considering the product

verify CoStar data accuracy against known facts by picking a street in your market that you know... and compare their property, business and property owner data. CoStar data accuracy in our Orange County CA market was inferior to AIR data

property searches for clients: both currently on market and comparable sales & leases

able to search markets where AIR data unavailable

CoStar review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"A powerful tool that is constantly working to be better"

What do you like best?

Tons of data and in-app tools to manipulate it.

What do you dislike?

The data is only as accurate as the person who inputs it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it as much as you can. You can learn so much by using CoStar on a daily basis.

Sourcing, marketing, and comparing properties in the commercial market.

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

This is a great product, but sometimes a little confusing. There is so much that co-star has to offer that I don't even know about

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when I have to go back, its hard to do so without messing a search up and makes me do it over

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes it easier to navigate

I am solving the problem of finding spaces for tenants.

The benefits are that the site has many contacts and spaces for lease

"Co-Star"

What do you like best?

Co-Star is a great portal for Commercial Listing and has access to many listings. I would recommend this to any agent looking to do commercial or office spaces for rent in the US of A. Go C0-star!

What do you dislike?

I have fun ups to dislike about co-star. If I have anything bad to say, the lag when searching properties can be a little frustrating but other than that, it is a great portal!

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

None

User in Commercial Real Estate

"We've been a subscriber since CoStar was introduced"

What do you like best?

Depth of Data, Analytics, Mobile capability

What do you dislike?

COST, Clearly CoStar has identified a need and continue to absorb other firms providing needs. Any firm should critically evaluate the services offered before subscribing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Define the Need, Identify your short term/long term need for data and access and weigh the COST

Access to data , and the speed we can accumulate the information needed

User in Real Estate

"Great product for agents"

What do you like best?

It is very in depth and you are able to get most of the information that you need without calling the listing agent

What do you dislike?

It is a little complicated, there is a decent amount of training needed to learn co-star

Helps with my everyday business in real estate

CoStar review by Agency
Agency

"Brokerage Intern for Colliers Internation for past two summers."

What do you like best?

I like how it is easy to navigate and the information regarding the properties is kept up to date.

What do you dislike?

Searching addresses can be misleading. Finding a property requires an exact address and sometimes properties are hard to find if you are basing it off of location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None.

Property updates for tenants who may be interested in relocating.

CoStar review by Administrator in Commercial Real Estate
Administrator in Commercial Real Estate

"Getting better"

What do you like best?

I am enjoying some of the new features and layouts for printing property information.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to learn and navigate, I taught myself over some time but some of the functions don't make sense as to why they are where they are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it, it looks like they are going in the right direction as long as their customer service improves - which is much needed.

This software is helpful in my business' surveys and tours for clients.

"Costar Review"

What do you like best?

Costar does a great job at providing accurate information on commercial properties (basic property info, contacts, availabilities, leases, etc.). For online resources, it is the the best option out there, at least in my markets.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a map view where you can click on parcels and retrieve property information. Also, the cost!

Provides a go-to resource for commercial real estate info. It's an indispensable resource for brokers.

User in Real Estate

"Search for real estate on CoStar"

What do you like best?

The data that they had on each property was top notch.

What do you dislike?

It was fairly expensive from when we used it in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It very good in terms of property information and data.

Getting real estate info was nice when using CoStar Brokerage Website.

"Great Data At A Cost"

What do you like best?

Good historical data for commercial real estate use. Can be utilized for market sale/rent projections and analysis.

What do you dislike?

Cost and constant requests for property updates from employees. They need to offer discount structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider tiered cost structure to allow for ala carte usage of features.

Good for developing market profiles for clients and customers.

User in Commercial Real Estate

"I use CoStar for my commercial real estate brokering business. CoStar is great for pulling comps. "

What do you like best?

The map search feature, which allows me to draft boundaries of specific submarkets.

What do you dislike?

Comp data is sometimes inaccurate. This is no fault of CoStar. The data accuracy is at the mercy of the brokers who send the information.

I am an investment broker in commercial real estate and CoStar is a great tool in my operations.

"Bad"

What do you like best?

closing information is quick but they just get it from public records

What do you dislike?

They call too much, charge too much, and basically try to sell information to the people that they need the information from. it's basically a scam

meh

"CoStar Brokerage Application"

What do you like best?

Integration with other CoStar applications and software!

What do you dislike?

Could all be included under one CoStar umbrella and transfer data internally!

Brokerage, Real Estate consultancy. Live/current data is a big reason why I like using CoStar.

User in Commercial Real Estate

"Necessary for commercial brokerage"

What do you like best?

Access to property information, for-sale listings, and sold & lease comparables

What do you dislike?

Sometimes inaccurate/outdated property information or sale comps

Getting information on properties in advance of speaking to owners, viewing and using sale comps in underwriting.

Learning about CoStar Brokerage Applications?

* We monitor all CoStar Brokerage Applications reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.