Course Hero

Course Hero has all the study documents, expert tutors, and customizable flashcards you need to succeed.

Work for Course Hero?

Learning about Course Hero?

Categories

Compare Course Hero to Similar Solutions

Course Hero Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 14 Course Hero reviews
Course Hero review by Wesley K.
Wesley K.

"Great platform to share notes !"

What do you like best?

I use it whenever I take a class outside of work. It gives you the ability to find and share notes from former students for the same class

What do you dislike?

sometimes the preview of documents you want to unlock is misleading. You might think you are unlocking the right documents but because of the way the original contributor of the referenced the documents, it might not be what you expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great place to archive and gather notes from previous and present students

This is a platform you use as a student or if you are part of the school staff to share documents and notes about classes already taken or in progress. the only way this affects your business is if a school staffer would want to integrate it as part of the tech stack for sharing documents with the students.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Course Hero

"Review for Course Hero"

What do you like best?

I love that it has answers to questions from literally any subject in any and every field! The quantity of content covered is seriously amazing. I love how detailed the explanations are as well. It is a great way to prepare for tests.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is insanely high. To access most of the questions, you would need to pay a really high amount and that has nothing to do with how much or how less you use the website.

The formatting of the website is not so good, either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are willing to pay a high price, go for it! Also, it is easier to use "ctrl+f" to find what you need on this as well, since it can be difficult to find the question you are looking for because of the formatting.

I have used this as a reference material for exams and I generally have my students look at this as well. It is quite good but honestly, you can find better answers out there with a really low/no cost.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

Course Hero review by Yia Yia S.
Yia Yia S.

"Great resource for students"

What do you like best?

I'm able to access documents from past years in order to prep for exams. I also like how I'm able to upload a document and in return, I get credits that are applicable to get documents from the site. What I also like about coursehero

What do you dislike?

The monthly subscription is too expensive. I've only utilized the downloading documents and not really familiar with the tutoring services. Maybe advertising that more can help reach more users like me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have prices for certain amount credits. For example $1 for 5 credits.

Not applicable. Haven't solved ay business problems are you solving with Course Hero yet.

Course Hero review by User in Higher Education

"Great For Reviewing & Homeworkd"

What do you like best?

All of the different study and homework options make it a good website to use to assist in homework and studying. The tutors are very helpful for assignments in which there is not much information on the site. The rewards and scholarship options are also great for helping students find potential ways to pay for school.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of textbook solutions. Compared to other resources, textbook solutions are a huge factor when purchasing online study tools and it's hard to justify the price when Chegg has multiple options.

The benefits Course Hero provides are that they have multiple assignments uploaded from previous semesters that assist in learning the material, but without the textbook solutions to many upper level books, it is still difficult to justify.

Course Hero review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Course Hero has saved me a Few times"

What do you like best?

The ability to find old lab reports and homeworks via typing in your high school or university and professor. If you upload your own work as well, you are allowed a certain amount of free views.

What do you dislike?

Every time you view a document, even if it isn't what you needed, you lose that view and now have one less view. You also have to upload many of our own documents in order to get a few free views

It's expensive.

Course Hero review by Consultant in Renewables & Environment
Consultant in Renewables & Environment

"Just get rid of the middleman"

What do you like best?

I liked the concept of crowd sourcing answers and that multiple perspectives had the potential of adding depth to a problem and solution. I liked the flashcards because thats my own personal style so having them done already was great. I think its smart to exchange student material for their access to coursehero.

What do you dislike?

The amount you have to comb through and the amount you have to wait in between asking a question and waiting for a tutor. Also the fee is 100+ but it doesn't really give you much accessibility. I think if students and tutors had direct contact, it would be easier to get answers in a timely manner which would create more usefulness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would opt for udemy or codeacademy or even studygate. If you do choose to go the route of coursehero, have a lot of time on your hands as communication can be slow.

I had used it to refine some skills needed towards a project

Course Hero review by User in Higher Education

"Good product! It will really help you succeed. "

What do you like best?

From a user standpoint, it was easy to navigate around the product. I found it easy to learn and work through. I like how you are able to pull of study guides and work through problems that other people have at points. The features like standby tutors are also helpful in times when you can not figure out

What do you dislike?

There are some products that do not come with costs that will do the flashcards in an easier and more efficient way at least from my standpoint

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product can be frustrating at times, but these issues are to happen when dealing with such a large scale as we were at the University of Georgia. Overall worth the effort to try.

From an educational standpoint, you can streamline the time it takes to make tests and quizzes. From a student standpoint, you feel much more comfortable with the material you have learned.

Course Hero review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"A social learning platform - Coursehero"

What do you like best?

The list of college courses, live tutors that answer particular questions, flashcards and better preparation material can be helpful

What do you dislike?

It is very costly for what you get. The price is not student friendly, website has been associated with copyright infringements, data available on their site can be used by students which goes against honor code.

It is helpful for people who need quick academic help . Material is well organized for members of coursehero. It has become quite popular among students and has useful content!

Course Hero review by Danielle S.
Danielle S.

"Pretty cool "

What do you like best?

So, with course hero i can keep up with my courses, find tutoring, apply for scholarships and even use the site to help with studying.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. It’s been extremely helpful.

I’ve realized it helps with getting and keeping everyone on the same page

Course Hero review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Benefits of Course Hero"

What do you like best?

I really liked that you can choose any subject you want and get access to diverse resources like flash cards, Q&A, and study guides. As a biomedical engineering student, Course Hero was a great resource when I was studying for classes and exams.

What do you dislike?

Currently, my university is not represented on the website, so I think Course Hero would benefit by increasing school representation and widening the pool of resources for students.

Course Hero definitely benefits students who may be struggling with classes and may not be the financial means to pay for tutors or study resources. As a student myself, I can definitely see the value of Course Hero and would recommend it to other students like me.

Course Hero review by Tabytha A.
Tabytha A.

"I'm not a fan of Course Hero"

What do you like best?

Hypothetically, this could be a good resource for students to study for courses.

What do you dislike?

My personal writing and research was stollen by other students an put on this site (we had to peer-review documents so other students had digital copies of my work) and the site makes it very difficult to have it removed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the content you're using isn't stolen intellectual materials.

I'm not solving any problems, but students can get tutors which is nice.

Course Hero review by User

"Course Hero Review"

What do you like best?

It is definitely helpful. It has study materials for nearly everything I need, eliminating the odds that I will have to pay for a service somewhere else. Its answers are right too. It has saved me in school countless times.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't that much that I dislike. The website looks modern, but is clunky, so maybe they can make it more intuitive to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To explore the service. There are definitely many things it offers, and one needs to be familiar with them to take full advantage.

It's reinforcing the things I learn by showing me they are right, so it makes me more confident.

Course Hero review by Jennifer N.
Jennifer N.

"Offers many subjects"

What do you like best?

It is reqlly great to utilize this program when struggling with courses.

What do you dislike?

That some problems/questions arent covered.

Helping my staff become proficient with problem

Solving.

Course Hero review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great platform for learning"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to find the information I am looking for and how up to date the information is.

What do you dislike?

They should eliminate some of the old pieces of information.

I am solving more upskilking problems with thus system. Our world evolves so much these allows us to scale.

Learning about Course Hero?

* We monitor all Course Hero reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories