CourseArc

4.8

CourseArc is an easy, affordable, web-based, mobile, & collaborative authoring tool that allows you to create high quality, interactive courses.

Work for CourseArc?

Learning about CourseArc?

CourseArc Reviews

Ask CourseArc a Question
Showing 5 CourseArc reviews
CourseArc review by Teresa V.
Teresa V.

"WBT Instructional Design Consultant"

What do you like best?

Ability to upload LTI links from CourseArc directly to the LMS and how the instructional design team can tweak training materials through CourseArc at any time and materials from the link are simultaneously updated in the LMS. Like also how the prior versions are tallied and saved.

What do you dislike?

Overall very strong on features for authoring content. Sometimes when working on page building content after I've had to step away for a few minutes and suppose I want to edit, I have gotten an error message and when I tried to continue, I was rerouted to the logon page. I believe this is more of a browser issue than CourseArc.

The CourseArc logon page has the following toggle: Options - Remain logged in to website.

Found when logging on initially, if I toggle this option, I eliminate the error problems, and am not rerouted to the logon page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the benefits already mentioned, try out CourseArc course authoring features and find much more!

Creating interactive learning. CourseArc has been dynamic in helping us brand icons to visually direct learners toward intended learning applications. I enjoy the easy ability to embed YouTube and Vimeo videos, interactive drag-and-drop exercises, inline quick checks, and how LTI links integrate learning applications seamlessly with our the LMS platform.

Benefits: As lead instructional designer, I've been able to effectively build and lead course development teams (SMEs, videographers, voice overs) through CourseARC collaboration tools. These tools are ideal for project management on development updates and sharing feedback with the team on multiple levels.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CourseArc
CourseArc review by Jon P.
Jon P.

"Fast & Easy Course Development"

What do you like best?

CourseArc makes developing courses quick and easy. They have pre-built 'blocks' for easily adding different types of content (text, video, flashcards, quizzes, etc.). They also have custom savable boilerplates for frequently used page layouts. This allows for a consistent look and feel throughout all courses.

I utilize third-party interactive learning tools built with jQuery that I was originally having difficulty embedding directly into Canvas. However, CourseArc makes it extremely easy to include javascript libraries and custom css. This has made courses much more interactive and dynamic.

What do you dislike?

At this point in time CourseArc is a fairly new product that's still working on adding features and enhancing workflows. CourseArc integrates with LMSs through LTI, but the integration isn't as seamless as I would hope. Submitting assignments, taking graded quizzes, and participating in discussions requires the student to leave the CourseArc enviornment and work directly with the LMS. Depending on the course structure, this could break the flow of the course and cause some frustrations with students.

We develop self-paced online courses in Canvas LMS. One of the challenges with self-paced courses is that students loose interest and don't complete their coursework. In order to address this challenges we needed to develop courses that were as much entertaining as they were educational by building interactive and engaging content. Doing this directly in Canvas LMS was possible, but difficult and time-consuming. CourseArc cut our development time considerably and allowed us to more easily develop interactive learning activities to engage students even more.

What Course Authoring solution do you use?

CourseArc review by Mariann H.
Mariann H.

"Ideal App for Getting Things Done"

What do you like best?

CourseArc is a thoughtful, easy to use application for developing interactive course content that supports instructional design and pedagogical principles. The Blackboard integration is seamless and its branding tools allow infinite combinations to support multiple departments and projects. Role-based privileges also allow varied levels of staff and faculty involvement to ensure quality assurance throughout the content creation, approval, and deployment process. The developers are very responsive to ideas, however, and quickly create new integrations to support your needs. One idea I had was generated within 48 hours, and it's become an important part of my content process.

What do you dislike?

There seem to be a few extra workflow steps involved with creating content blocks and uploading files (vs. drag & drop with other apps) but it's very easy to get into a rhythm when using CourseArc to forget that part of the process and get into a zone when developing modules. Some of the interactive content could use some prompts to let users know if there are character limitations when entering content. I would love gradebook integration, but this is more a limitation on the LMS tools than CourseArc itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any interactive content creation application, it's a good idea to stay organized with your approach to branding, file management, and module preparation. When implementing and using CourseArc, think about your templates and what your blocks and boilerplates need to say and do to optimally support both your developers and your users. And take advantage of Katie & Bethany's expertise -- they're incredibly supportive with strong backgrounds in instructional design so they know what many of us need to do and want to do with content creation and delivery for teaching & training.

We are creating interactive content for students. It's very easy to present static content through the LMS or files, but students today need engagement with content to reinforce concepts. CourseArc gave us a very straightforward tool to use with solid integration with our LMS. We haven't begun to tap into the tools and features available, but we're very happy with CourseArc.

CourseArc review by Robert C.
Robert C.

"Cutting development time!"

What do you like best?

CourseArc has easy to use templates and settings that have allowed us to cut development time while providing an easy-to-use interface for our teacher-developers. We are using the LTI feature to connect to Canvas and the pages display seamlessly within content pages. You should also check the free instructional design module!

What do you dislike?

The product is still growing so doesn't have every single template that you will need right away. However, the developer has been very responsive to add / modify blocks as needed. Assessment and tracking are both still emerging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider you overall course development strategy and your comfort level with having content in a cloud-based solution. We have assurances that content can be exported as a package if don't continue using the product.

We are using CourseArc to develop "student-facing" course materials that can be used in blended or online learning settings for a public school system. Instead of copying and pasting template pages in the Canvas rich content editor, we are simplifying the look and feel and content blocks available to teacher developers.

CourseArc review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The best course development software I've ever used! "

What do you like best?

I like everything about CourseArc. It’s very intuitive, interactive, collaborative, and affordable. CourseArc is the best course development software I've ever used (and I’ve used a lot of tools available on the market). There is literally no learning curve, so SMEs can easily take their content and plug it into templates in a matter of minutes. Unlike many other eLearning tools that claim to be Section 508-compliant, with CourseArc I am able to design truly accessible eLearning courses.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about CourseArc, if anything. The tool is amazing and capable of many functions. I am so glad I found it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy-to-use, accessible, rapid eLearning development tool, and don't want to spend a lot of money, CourseArc is for you! As a senior instructional designer and eLearning Specialist, I highly recommend CourseArc over other software programs for eLearning development. Give it a try and you won't regret it!

My goal is to create fully accessible eLearning materials and CourseArc has helped me with that. I also want to be able to have SMEs create their own courses using eLearning development tools. All other tools that I tried have learning curve, but CourseArc is very easy to use even for those who are not "friends" with technology.

Learning about CourseArc?

* We monitor all CourseArc reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.