There are many, many things we love about Coyote. We (billing and financial) will try to be as specific as possible here.
!) First and foremost, if you make a mistake on an vendor invoice or cash receipt (and who doesn't), you can just click the unpost button and all correcting entries are made for you, giving you a new draft on which to make your changes.
2) We scan everything in our office, which is a good thing. Coyote allows you to attach your deposit files to the actual deposit. If you need to check later to see why you did what you did, or whether a client actually allocated a payment as they thought they did, you can easily check the deposit from within Coyote.
3) Attys are able to do their billing online (no more paper).
4) Our attorneys are actually using the software; they didn't use the prior software for whatever reason.
5) There are dashboards on the home page which show an updated snapshot of all key metrics for any business.
6) There are many, many reports. Many of these reports have underlying data with a lot of information. If you know how to use pivot tables in Excel, you can obtain further information in a format of your choice (or, you can just call Coyote and they will prepare a report for you (and probably make it available in their next update).
7) At the client and/or matter level, you can add email messages (you know, those changing an address, billing person, etc.) so that when someone questions why you changed something, you have instant backup showing that it was requested by someone else. What's not to like about this? (Another CYA)
8) Drill down abilities
9) You can change an address on a posted invoice and resend it with the corrected address without having to unpost/repost. This is a major feature.
10) Attorneys can do their prebill edits directly in Coyote saving time in deciphering chicken scratch – not to mention the many forests we save by foregoing paper
11) Attachments – best CYA application ever
12) Collections – you can see everything or filter, you can add notes directly, do adjustments, resend invoice, run a statement, add a follow up task, see when the last payment or statement was processed, you can get to it thru Inquiry as well as Billing
13) You can pull in late posted fees or costs without having to re-run a prebill (another major feature)
14) You can see what’s in WIP from Inquiry whether its posted or still in Draft
15) Notes on the Expense entry is perfect for invoice numbers/which credit card the exp was charged to/whose expense report etc HUGE when one has to find backup to accompany the invoice
16) Love the Items Detail bubble – especially when someone says "I didn’t do that" and you can quickly prove otherwise….yet another CYA (we keep this to ourselves (accounting) though)
17) Love the Check Request – we’re still implementing it but I suspect it will be a huge assist in reducing paper and lost (or never actually submitted) requests
18) What I love most is that they take suggestions from those actually using the program in their daily round and try to implement them.
We have never regretted our move to Coyote Analytics