Coyote Analytics

Coyote Accounting is a complete law practice management system including, Time & Billing, Calendaring, Financial Management, Contact Management, Document Management, Business Intelligence, Mobility, and Reporting.

Work for Coyote Analytics?

Learning about Coyote Analytics?

Compare Coyote Analytics to Similar Solutions

Coyote Analytics Reviews

Ask Coyote Analytics a Question
Showing 10 Coyote Analytics reviews
Coyote Analytics review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"painful"

What do you like best?

I like being able to edit time sheet entries before the close of the month. Our previous software did not allow this without going through a number of steps. I like also being able to easily print or save invoices.

What do you dislike?

There is no docketing available. There is a calendar, however, it is not the same and is not user friendly. I work in the legal field, many dates need to be docketed with reminders. Coyote requires these be entered separately and multiple times. I would like to be able to send an email with the bill and be given an option to edit the email, if you press the button it just sends.

None.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Coyote Analytics
Coyote Analytics review by Garry H.
Garry H.

"It is a rather robust software for the legal industry."

What do you like best?

It is as easy to use as Quickbooks, it has a nice organization to all the sections.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't handle special billing situations like Quarterly billing in a way that works with Firm guidelines

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it

We have to track hours worked, billed and paid. We have to bill customers and get paid. we also have to manage multiple bank accounts for operating, trust, payroll etc. and balance each of those accounts each month. In a controller role these are most important to me

What Legal Billing solution do you use?

Coyote Analytics review by Kelle C.
Kelle C.

"Coyote Analytics is the good thing that comes in a little package. "

What do you like best?

Everything you need to do, or need to know, is right there in that one desktop icon – time entry, bill printing, e-bill generation, management reporting, collections, bank accounts, inquiry, and on and on.

The dashboards are so customizable that each user can have the information that is important to him/her presented in whichever way desired – and with a simple right click it can be printed, emailed or converted to a PDF.

Reports are easier to design in Coyote than in MS Access – assuming one of the hundreds of existing reports does not already fit your needs.

The Coyote Analytics staff is outstanding, from support to development. Questions receive quick and detailed answers. Coyote Analytic’s clients benefit from each other’s feature requests.

What do you dislike?

I can not wait for the existence of an organized Coyote Analytics users group. This would allow users to share favorite custom dashboards, reports, etc., and spark ideas based on ways others use the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are even considering a future switch, request a demo, if you don't immediately see that it performs a task that you want - ask about it.

Time and billing, financial reporting, productivity reporting, collections, AP, conflicts, inquiry.

The biggest benefit is how easily and quickly you can go from 'I want to see this data' to 'print report'.

Coyote Analytics review by Claudia G.
Claudia G.

"We love Coyote!!!"

What do you like best?

There are many, many things we love about Coyote. We (billing and financial) will try to be as specific as possible here.

!) First and foremost, if you make a mistake on an vendor invoice or cash receipt (and who doesn't), you can just click the unpost button and all correcting entries are made for you, giving you a new draft on which to make your changes.

2) We scan everything in our office, which is a good thing. Coyote allows you to attach your deposit files to the actual deposit. If you need to check later to see why you did what you did, or whether a client actually allocated a payment as they thought they did, you can easily check the deposit from within Coyote.

3) Attys are able to do their billing online (no more paper).

4) Our attorneys are actually using the software; they didn't use the prior software for whatever reason.

5) There are dashboards on the home page which show an updated snapshot of all key metrics for any business.

6) There are many, many reports. Many of these reports have underlying data with a lot of information. If you know how to use pivot tables in Excel, you can obtain further information in a format of your choice (or, you can just call Coyote and they will prepare a report for you (and probably make it available in their next update).

7) At the client and/or matter level, you can add email messages (you know, those changing an address, billing person, etc.) so that when someone questions why you changed something, you have instant backup showing that it was requested by someone else. What's not to like about this? (Another CYA)

8) Drill down abilities

9) You can change an address on a posted invoice and resend it with the corrected address without having to unpost/repost. This is a major feature.

10) Attorneys can do their prebill edits directly in Coyote saving time in deciphering chicken scratch – not to mention the many forests we save by foregoing paper

11) Attachments – best CYA application ever

12) Collections – you can see everything or filter, you can add notes directly, do adjustments, resend invoice, run a statement, add a follow up task, see when the last payment or statement was processed, you can get to it thru Inquiry as well as Billing

13) You can pull in late posted fees or costs without having to re-run a prebill (another major feature)

14) You can see what’s in WIP from Inquiry whether its posted or still in Draft

15) Notes on the Expense entry is perfect for invoice numbers/which credit card the exp was charged to/whose expense report etc HUGE when one has to find backup to accompany the invoice

16) Love the Items Detail bubble – especially when someone says "I didn’t do that" and you can quickly prove otherwise….yet another CYA (we keep this to ourselves (accounting) though)

17) Love the Check Request – we’re still implementing it but I suspect it will be a huge assist in reducing paper and lost (or never actually submitted) requests

18) What I love most is that they take suggestions from those actually using the program in their daily round and try to implement them.

We have never regretted our move to Coyote Analytics

What do you dislike?

We can't think of much that we dislike. It has made our job so much easier in so many ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prices are great. No separate module costs like the large corporations. No subscription pricing. There is a monthly maintenance fee

We have more of a business process now. We are realizing faster turn around time on bills that are being reviewed online vs. paper. We are able to see where we stand at a moment's notice with the dashboards.

Coyote Analytics review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Good integrated accounting system at an affordable price."

What do you like best?

For our firm, it’s having an integrated system with time and billing and general ledger accounting all in one system. The firm had grown considerably over the last few years but the time and billing and the accounting systems had not. The workflows changed but the firm was impeded in trying to function within a dual entry billing and accounting system that was no longer working for the firm.

The help desk support at Coyote is also terrific. Users can call on the phone or send an email, and Coyote is quick to respond with an answer.

I'll also add that the timekeepers in our firm like having several options as to how they can enter their time. Staff like the ability to attach an electronic document to a record within Coyote, such as an agreement to a matter record, a Form W-9 to a vendor record, or a bank wire notice to a receipts record.

What do you dislike?

As newer legal accounting software on the market, Coyote is still refining certain features while working on and adding other features. Not everything is there yet, but the nuts and bolts of the integrated system are. Additionally, I like being able to look up "how to" information in the help section of software. Coyote has that feature but it is still a work in process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small to mid-size law firms, look at Coyote as an option. It is still relatively new to the legal market and it is improving processes at a fairly rapid pace. Coyote seems to get a lot of input from its current customers on ways to improve the system and Coyote seems to take those comments in stride. Current customers receive those improvements by way of upgrades to new versions of the system at no additional charge.

Probably the biggest for me is being able to research information and actually find what I am looking for. I like the grid format in how Coyote displays the data and being able to add or remove data columns and filter data on each column. Since converting to Coyote, our firm has also been able to better capture the true cost of client advances (costs of goods sold for law firms) as well as those client related costs for which the firm is not able to recover. Senior members of the firm really like having a dashboard that they can each modify to show key performance indicators they are interested in seeing.

Coyote Analytics review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="6fba7a26-8b13-4692-9367-e9f44f782850">Kushil P.</span>
Kushil P.
" itemprop="name" />

"Great product for any law firm to use"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly, found it less complex to use compared to other document management tools / software.

What do you dislike?

I found billing and tracking matters a little more complex at first, but when I got used to it, I found it took less time to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its worth trialing it, very user friendly and simple to use.

I work on a law firm and we moved over to coyote, it's a far better system overall compared to our old one.

Coyote Analytics review by Lauren L.
Lauren L.

"Review of Coyote Analytics"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, the timers make recording time easy, and the colors make it easy to determine if I have billed enough in one day.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to type YES to un-post and edit a prior time entry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and allows users to efficiently keep take of time billed.

Keeping track of the hours I bill each day.

Coyote Analytics review by Shari P.
Shari P.

"Mid size law firm review"

What do you like best?

Coyote has combined the best of other law firm accounting softwares into their product. It's easy to figure out; reports look good and are easy to understand. Very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Still in development of a couple of things. But very agreeable to improvement suggestions.

Cannot get support on the weekends, or at least I didn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Super intuitive. Perfect for small to mid-size firms. Could probably work with larger firms.

Tracking origination, billing, working attorney fee is automated. Easy to download all reports to Excel to sort and specialize.

Coyote Analytics review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Very user friendly."

What do you like best?

I have many recurring payments that I do monthly. I like that I can recall the invoice and just copy it to create a new invoice.

What do you dislike?

Haven't really found anything that I don't like.

It is much easier to provide reports to my attorneys. I like the column chooser and that you can change thge grid and then export it ti PDF or Excel.

Coyote Analytics review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospitality
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospitality

"Coyote for analysts"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, great for billing and time-management.

What do you dislike?

I want to see organized communities/user-groups

Great for billing solutions

Learning about Coyote Analytics?

* We monitor all Coyote Analytics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Coyote Analytics to Similar Solutions