CQ Engage

Nonpartisan insights and tools for those who lead, shape or follow public policy.

Work for CQ Engage?

Learning about CQ Engage?

CQ Engage Reviews

Ask CQ Engage a Question
Showing 6 CQ Engage reviews
CQ Engage review by Lydia A.
Lydia A.

"Powerful but complicated"

What do you like best?

CQ Roll Call is cool and potentially so powerful! It's really helpful and exciting to have all of Maryland's legislation available in a search feature and to quickly react to what is happening in the legislative session.

What do you dislike?

We have not found the platform intuitive at all. We have a hard time navigating CQ and building what we need to build. We also are never sure we're doing the right thing, and we definitely don't know how to use the system to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get someone who knows what they are doing to help you! Research the features before you dive in so you know your end goal.

Advocacy is one of our nonprofit's priorities and CQ Roll Call lets us actually take action and empower our community.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CQ Engage
CQ Engage review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Rough Onboarding/Admin Experience"

What do you like best?

Product works. Engagements are effective (once you figure out how to set them up!)

What do you dislike?

The onboarding process to set up CQEngage was rough at best. We had little to no assistance, and the “help” videos aren’t very helpful. Much of what I know, I’ve gleaned from 10+ calls to the customer support team. Also, our account manager was very unattentive, only responding to a month-long issue after I called her out in a support ticket. Not impressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have adequate training and a staff person dedicated to admin.

We use it to encourage our members to take action on public policy issues at the state level - and to track the actions they take in our database. (While CQE says it integrates with Salesforce, the jury’s still out on what that actually means.) The benefit so far is that we can at least track when our members act on an issue inside CQE. We haven’t known before we implemented CQE.

What Nonprofit solution do you use?

CQ Engage review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"CQRC Engage Review"

What do you like best?

CQRC Engage offers a lot - hosting a legislative action center/microsite, bill tracking tool, a means to help advocates send letters/do other calls to action to contact their officials, and more. The bill tracking tool was probably my favorite, because instead of only allowing the account user use it, it could be shared publicly too - most services only allow one user to access similar tools.

What do you dislike?

The Engage platform is dated - though this review only applies up to 2015 when I opted to drop the software. It tries to be simple, easy to set up and use, but still requires users to know some coding to build a legislative action center. The platform requires a lot more effort to customize it and put it together than what it should required compared to competitors. It doesn't understand html well when trying to build a microsite, it would often overwrite what was written and had limited functionality when integrating its widgets with other websites. For the price it was just too expensive and caused too many problems, it just wasn't a good fit for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around for other competitors at the same price point, like Votility, VoterVoice, FiscalNote, etc.

We tried to use CQRC Engage to provide an legislative information and advocacy center to help clients advocate on issues we were acting on. It did a good job of providing information. Where it failed was the customization and user-friendly aspect of building and maintaining the site. The calls to action were not as easy/intuitive to build as other competitors make it, so it was more of a headache than anything else.

CQ Engage review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for DC Advocacy Work"

What do you like best?

I like CQ Knowlegis the best because it allows me to look up a large list of contacts in congressional offices for sending advocacy letters.

I like the new website platform much better than the old version!

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could have more training on how to navigate the website.

I can easily look up a federal or state bill for advocacy efforts to stay updated and track issues we work closely on.

CQ Engage review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"Average digital advocacy solution "

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy to use and allows for federal, state and custom targeting.

What do you dislike?

There is no patch through asking feature and weak integrations with other system. Their API is not free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s fine as long as you don’t want to run patch through calling campaigns.

Easier to reach advocates and to encourage action.

CQ Engage review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Roll Call essential round-up for Hill staffers"

What do you like best?

Written by folks intimately familiar with Congressional members, procedures, calendars, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the prominent ads, but I prefer that rather than pay more.

Quickly getting up to speed.

Learning about CQ Engage?

* We monitor all CQ Engage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.