Cratejoy

Cratejoy is an all in one subscription based SaaS platform providing the tools, knowledge and support needed to grow and scale your subscription business.

Work for Cratejoy?

Learning about Cratejoy?

Compare Cratejoy to Similar Solutions

Cratejoy Reviews

Ask Cratejoy a Question
Showing 32 Cratejoy reviews
Cratejoy review by Teresa C.
Teresa C.

"Easy for everybody! Businesses and customers. "

What do you like best?

Subscription boxes are so fun! I love that Cratejoy does all the hard work for you. Their straightforward and concise platform helps you set up your kits and business plan. Before you know it - you're ready to take subscribers and get going. Then they take care of all the details - the dates, the payments, the reviews. You just follow their plan and it begins to flow smoothly and steadily.

What do you dislike?

I do wish they had a better plan for dealing with subscription messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review and understand the dates and billing early on. Learn what they are telling the customers on their end.

Cratejoy handles all of the payments, keeps track of the mailing dates, helps me send shipping notices and takes care of the reviews. All of these tasks would be difficult and tedious if I had to do them.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cratejoy
Cratejoy review by Christy V.
Christy V.

"Easy to set up"

What do you like best?

It's made for subscription boxes so everything is geared for that exact market.

What do you dislike?

Support can be hard to get when you need it ASAP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to help you get started. Setup and go in no time. It gives you tips and recommendations as you go. Some things you may not even have thought about, they tell you to set up. It's really a great program and I'm not sure what I'd do without it. With the Marketplace, they offer a spot where people can find your box. It get a lot of traffic which brings many customers your way. It's something that isn't easy to get any other way.

Subscription business set up, shipments, selling, etc. Helps with all the aspects of the business to save you time and keep things working smooth.

What Subscription Management solution do you use?

Cratejoy review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Easy to use with lots of education and support."

What do you like best?

Easy to use with chat support and lots of help topic literature. Has very easy to use and understand software that helps to complete your site and subscription product in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more flexibility with adjusting subscription settings. Also with there were access to more flexibility with website design as well as additional plugins. Wish there were additional landing pages to choose from as well as increased options in site design. It was tough to add social media including Instagram to the site. Additionally, it would be nice to be able to change the settings from monthly to quarterly subscription options.

Integration of subscriptions and shipping. It was very easy to set up and integrate shipping with each subscription member. It was also easy to learn more about the subscription box business through the offered trainings and support literature. It was a one stop shop for many of my business needs and helped to make a goal into a tangible reality.

Cratejoy review by Rebecca D.
Rebecca D.

"Satisfied User"

What do you like best?

Ease of set up enabled me to launch fairly quickly with very little experience setting up a website. The follow-up support has been amazing when it is a scheduled support call. (Contacting support has been a bit iffy for quality) Finally, the CJ Marketplace has been an invaluable part of my business.

What do you dislike?

The fees feel a bit high. It feels like they have their favorite boxes they promote a lot and some they never promote. Lastly, the FB community initially felt like an asset but now feels like a bloated forum full of people who are not serious about their business, are looking to steal other people's ideas/work or are not willing to do their own research and want to copy other people's work so I now virtually avoid it.

They have helped me from launch and continue to support me as we grow.

Cratejoy review by Kristina R.
Kristina R.

"A place where passions go have a party"

What do you like best?

I love being able to share what I love with others using a pretty intuitive platform.

What do you dislike?

i think just the learning Curve of it all. Just trying to get the hang of the cycle of the subscription business, sourcing goods, and keeping customers happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform with great support. Read the help articles!!

Because of the niche market of my subscription product it would be impossible for me to realistically open a brick and mortar business at this point in my life. However I am able to run a subscription business and really reach my customers across the US and share our love.

Cratejoy review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Easy to use subscription management system"

What do you like best?

Keeps all subscriptions for each user in one place. Save all shipment and payment history. Easy to do refunds and cancel shipments and change renewal dates and do cancellations.

What do you dislike?

Need to e-mail support often to make manual changes that the software doesn't allow. eg. pull back a renewal date or change a customer e-mail address to one that's already in the cratejoy system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to manage a subscription based service. No major complaints. Can send automatic e-mails when changes are made like a refund or a change renewal date. One tiny issue: Customers can only store one credit card at a time which is hard for those who like to switch from month to month.

This is the system we use all day every day to handle all customer requests. It manages all accounts, all subscriptions, all shipments, all transactions, etc.

Cratejoy review by Paula S.
Paula S.

"Cratejoy Makes Running a Subscription Box Easy"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Cratejoy is that it makes it easy to get started with your own subscription box company. They have website themes and keep track of all your subscribers, renewals, stats, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is a fee to use Cratejoy, but to be it is worth it.

My strengths are coming up with the ideas for the subscription box products and talking to my customers. I am not as strong in keeping track of the subscription details. Cratejoy takes care of that. In addition, they have a marketplace where additional customers can find your box.

Cratejoy review by Katelyn V.
Katelyn V.

"Great service and attention to detail"

What do you like best?

I liked that they offered a lot of suggestions. The woman that helped us also worked for wedding wire, so that was very helpful in regards to our business. They were very attentive and quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I did not like was that you can't really integrate your website. So I felt like it isn't as clear as it could be...but that is also on us!

It is another way to get our business out there. We have at least sold one box to cover the cost of being in the market place which is good. The only problem is the customer isn't choosing which type of box they want - we have 16 to choose from. I also do not think it gives enough information like our website does.

Cratejoy review by Administrator

"Easiest subscription platform to use, but still room for improvement."

What do you like best?

Platform is super intuitive and easy to figure out without much help. I was up and running in just a couple hours and any questions I had were answered promptly.

What do you dislike?

We’ve had a couple of issues with Cratejoy changing our Marketplace ad without permission and giving customers incorrect or misleading information, which sets them up for disappointment and leads to higher churn for us. They also don’t offer all the features we’d like to see for their subscription platform, like keeping inventory of variables on subscription products.

Cratejoy makes it easy for us to organize our customers, process rebelling, and keep our website well designed and easy to use without hiring an outside web dev team.

Cratejoy review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Great All in One Platform"

What do you like best?

Crate joy is really is to use! No coding needed and it walks you through everything you need to get started

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, support is really good, items are easily able to move.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, easy to use, easy to see trends and great support

I run a subscription box and this allowed me to get setup really quick. They have a proven platform for success

Cratejoy review by Administrator

"Great service, especially for launching your sub business"

What do you like best?

CrateJoy does so much of the heavy lifting in terms of your site development and specifics. AS a frontend developer, I really appreciate not having to worry about the mechanisms of the shop and subscribe functions. Also their customer service is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations to the system, but they are constantly adding features and asking for feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great service for those looking to save time and are happy with a boxed solution.

We save our own time by not having to deal with the intricacies of the backend system. We also get 2/3 of our customers from the Marketplace.

"Easy for Box Startup"

What do you like best?

The Cratejoy Specialist that went over details with me and followed up on my questions. They don’t just leave you’re questions unanswered. They follow through with what they say.

The website itself is so easy to follow and made it simple to start my website and listing.

What do you dislike?

The fee. Maybe if it was lowered to $30-$35 I would feel better about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The fee might seem daunting but it’s worth it because of the work Cratejoy puts into it aka the less work you have to do.

With Cratejoy I don’t need to worry about keeping track of customers, their addresses, their credit card information, emails, etc. I also like how Cratejoy uses Stripe so merchants get paid quickly.

That’s the benefit of Cratejoy. They’re like one big log book without you having to log anything.

Cratejoy review by Karli H.
Karli H.

"Mom-made Business Friendly "

What do you like best?

User-friendly interface, and the customer service representatives are very helpful! Allows me to run a multi-faceted business

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change is the ability to put items on sale!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend! Especially for small

Businesses

Cratejoy has allowed me to sell my handmade baby items and start a subscription box company within my company.

Cratejoy review by Administrator

"Cratejoy is a great tool and team to work with"

What do you like best?

I like the ease with the platform that allows customers to have a secure place to put their credit card info plus the analysis of how Im doing and how easily I can download shipping labels.

What do you dislike?

Some of the website abilities are limited. Like how hard it is to use html code on a few things like instagram integration. Also there really is no category for religious boxes

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommed cratejoy to all who want to start a subscription box company

Easy payment with stripe. I can change subscribers account info easily.

Cratejoy review by Nicole N.
Nicole N.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

All in one software for starting a subscription box business. Great for less tech-savvy people.

What do you dislike?

Support can take a bit of time. Once your business grows, there’s a lot of limitations or issues you can run into with larger volumes of subscribers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re an established, large scale subscription product, you’ll be annoyed. If you’re starting out - you’ll be happy.

I’m able to run a successful subscription box without stressing over the tech side of things. I don’t need an expansive software department to run it for me.

Cratejoy review by Debra W.
Debra W.

"Great help and great marketplace"

What do you like best?

I haven’t had to do much promoting. Cratejoy marketplace has brought me a lot of subscribers

What do you dislike?

That there is no app for cratejoy and there are a few site glitches

The marketplace gets a ton of activity and I get most of my subscribers from there

Cratejoy review by Adrienne V.
Adrienne V.

"Cratejoy is great!"

What do you like best?

It really is a great platform and I am so happy it exists! Really helped us build a successful subscription box

What do you dislike?

Some things can’t be changed (like a subscriber’s email) without contacting customer service. Also wish Cratejoy had an app

Love the subscriber portals! So easy

Cratejoy review by James S.
James S.

"Noob"

What do you like best?

Simple, intuitive interface. It makes it very easy to build a website and track orders.

What do you dislike?

Limited options. Because it is easy there are limitations. But nothing major

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get started, it's easier than you think.

Ease of tracking me customers and church.

Cratejoy review by Tamykah A.
Tamykah A.

"User-friendly plus great customer service"

What do you like best?

I love how Cratejoy walks you through step by step on how to create your subscription box. There were things I had not even thought of that I learned.

What do you dislike?

So far everything has been perfect. I have had no issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best decision you will make for your Subscription box!

I was looking for residual income with my business. I knew a Subscription box was the way to go. Cratejoy has made this process absolutely painless

Cratejoy review by Victoria B.
Victoria B.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like that Cratejoy is generally user friendly and self explanatory.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there can be bugs in the system that I am unaware of until one of my subscribers emails in with an issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service is GREAT in CJ. They have live support, along with email ticket options where they really do get back to you in 24-48 hours.

Cratejoy hosts my subscription box

"Ease of set up"

What do you like best?

We like the ease of set up and the ability to adjust add/subtract items to our website. It is nice knowing we didn't need a background in web design to start this up.

What do you dislike?

Cratejoy does not automatically calculate international shipping. Would like to have forms thru Cratejoy instead of coding thru Mailchimp for newsletter, etc.

CJ provides the ease of running a business website and all of the tools to adjust your own site. The problems we are solving is not needing a background in website design. Plus having Taylor from CrateJoy help coach us and set us up was a huge help. Taylor was awesome!

Cratejoy review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Top-Notch Company"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of it and online support.

What do you dislike?

The "techie" items I have no clue about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of set up for novice techies and the Subscription School on Facebook is an awesome resource for giving and receiving helpful tips for success.

Setting up a business and great feedback from the Subscription School participants. The Sub School is the best benefit for me from Cratejoy.

Cratejoy review by Chasity M.
Chasity M.

"A Good Platform for Subscription Services"

What do you like best?

I like the platform and being able to ship domestically and internationally. I also like how we can have multiple box styles.

What do you dislike?

Some of the areas are not very user friendly. The processor and building platforms can be difficult to navigate at first.

I appreciate the well known platform and being able to get my subscription box seen by a larger audience.

Cratejoy review by User

"Easy for beginners, not a long term solution."

What do you like best?

The easiest all-in-one solution for new subscription businesses.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality. Slow to make improvements. Focus on making money with the marketplace than retaining their clients with the most subscribers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not expect to keep the product long term. Think ahead to a switch after after your concept is proven.

Being a new business owner not very technologically savvy. Easy to manage subscriptions.

Cratejoy review by User

"Perfect for any new subscription business"

What do you like best?

Everything is set up to run a subscription base model so you don't have to worry about any of the logistics. The integrations with MailChimp and ShipStation are nice as well so you have all the software you need.

What do you dislike?

At first the website design wasn't fully customizable so I had to spend thousands on a new design through another company. I think that has gotten better now though. I wish the marketplace didn't take 10% of sales, that really cuts into our margin a lot.

Recurring payments, integration with ShipStation so all the shipments and gift messages are coordinated.

Cratejoy review by User

"great platform, great service"

What do you like best?

it is a platform built for a subscription model. they have really great, friendly customer service

What do you dislike?

it is not as easily customizable as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

longer support chat hours, phone number to call

it is tailored specifically for my business, a subscription service model

Cratejoy review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Solid platform, very good for subscription businesses."

What do you like best?

I like that it is so easy to manage my subscriptions.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to customize and edit the website to make it uniquely mine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great for subscription platforms

It is creating cashflow even when I have low sale months.

Cratejoy review by Administrator

"Get Up and Running Fast"

What do you like best?

Ease of launching and the API integrations to 3rd party tools.

What do you dislike?

Pricing, lack of flexibility in customizing reporting and batch updating renewal times.

Website management, some marketing via their market place. Some CRM.

Cratejoy review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Easy and convienien"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and keep my subscribers organized

What do you dislike?

The cost of having to use a payment processor on top of my monthly cratejoy fees

Pricing structure and learning to develop my business to better suit my clients

Cratejoy review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"Amazing tool for beginners"

What do you like best?

Cratejoy has everything you need all under one roof.

What do you dislike?

It's still missing a few features, but they're always improving & evolving.

The invoices are missing some pertinent information breakdowns, but we're currently working with them to obtain that needed information. Cratejoy is responsible for much of our sales, and the participating in their promos is very rewarding.

"Best subscription platform"

What do you like best?

Easy for customers to use, flexible coupon models

What do you dislike?

People are able to migrate to other boxes, the Amazon effect

Customer use made easy and better flexible loyalty discounts

"Benefits of cratejoy "

What do you like best?

The support team and the analytics and insights provided

What do you dislike?

The design interface is not as user friendly as shopify

Cratejoy offers integrated data analysis, accounting etc

Learning about Cratejoy?

* We monitor all Cratejoy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Cratejoy to Similar Solutions