Crazy Egg

Crazy Egg is like a pair of x-ray glasses that lets you see exactly what people are doing on your website. Through Crazy Egg's heat map and scroll map reports you can get an understanding of how your visitors engage with your website.

Work for Crazy Egg?
Ibmwatsoncustomerexp heatmaps  2x

Learning about Crazy Egg?

Crazy Egg Reviews

Showing 49 Crazy Egg reviews
Crazy Egg review by <span>Agata J.</span>
Agata J.

Simple and insightful

What do you like best?

The heat-map is great, it is very convenient than the map is color coded, so it takes just seconds to get useful insights. It is also very useful that by clicking the dots on the map you can see exact amount t of clicks.

What do you dislike?

I needed a tech person to help me to integrate CrazyEgg with our website. I did everything by following the instruction, but it did not work. Fortunately one of our tech guy did it within seconds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It worth to try the tool. They offer a free trial, so you can try it and decide if you need the tool.

CrazyEggs helps us to understand our website's users' behavior. We can see not only what pages are the most popular, but also what particular content on a particular website's page is more relevant to our audience and what content has to be changed or deleted.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Crazy Egg
Crazy Egg review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Does exactly what I need it to do, with no hassle

What do you like best?

Crazy Egg is a relatively simple software solution that does exactly what you want it to do - track visitors to figure out how they interact with your website. I particularly love their video recording tool, which lets me literally watch a recording of how someone interacts with my site. I can figure out which buttons to change, which text to move around, etc.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint that I have about Crazy Egg is that when you are using the recording feature, it doesn't show you any videos that are playing on the site. This a problem because if you have a video sales letter or any type of video on your website, it's difficult to figure out how people are engaging with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try - they offer a free trial and it's incredibly easy to install the code on your site. Depending on how many pages you want to track, setup could take five minutes or less.

I am able to see how people are interacting with my site. I've been able to make several changes to improve engagement and conversion rates.

What Heat Maps solution do you use?

Crazy Egg review by <span>Lisa  M.</span>
Lisa M.

Great inexpensive tool to identify web improvements

What do you like best?

Crazy Egg is super easy to set up and it is always well received by team members. Additionally, it is far more user friendly and easier to digest that Google Analytics in-page tool which is why I think its worthwhile to invest in this tool if you can.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have the option to pay monthly vs annually. Additionally, it would be great if they rolled out more visualization features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend signing up for the free trial and testing it out if you are in the market for a heatmap tool. Its well worth the cost if you are looking to do any web redesigns.

We are able to better understand how to make improvements on our site based on the heat maps. It provides an unbiased view for the team to learn what may not be working well on the site.

Crazy Egg review by <span>Renee P.</span>
Renee P.

Great Heatmapping and Scrollmapping Tool

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, just a little bit of code needs to be added to your website or landing page software and you can use it over and over. This tool, especially the scrollmap, helped show us where people are dropping off on a landing page and what sections need to be removed or improved.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could use this on an email template so you could see where people are clicking on your email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to use, gets the job done.

We are able to see if people are clicking on things that should be linked (aka an icon that is there for visual purposes). And we are also able to determine where people are leaving the landing page. We have used this tool as "evidence" that certain landing pages need to be updated and where.

Crazy Egg review by <span>Sanjit M.</span>
Sanjit M.

A super tool to see how visitors interact on your website!

What do you like best?

This tool will show a website's heatmap, scrollmap, confetti, and overlay, what more could one ask for!?

It is great for A//B testing or just to gain insight into a website and their visitors. This is like the Google Analytics in-page analytics on steriods.

What do you dislike?

I wish their were more pricing options or maybe custom options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set it up for the important pages first, maybe just the homepage.

Showing clients that they need to change their website for the sake of their visitors. You cannot just throw up a site and expect it to work. This tool helps show clients their website needs some work.

Crazy Egg review by <span>Hamza B.</span>
Hamza B.

Simple heatmaps, needs more features

What do you like best?

Easy to integrate with Optimizely.

Confetti helps to visualize clicks by segments - device, new/old visitors, campaigns, etc.

Low price (for small websites that need only simple heatmaps)

What do you dislike?

Limited visualizations - CrazyEgg doesn't offer attention maps or mouse movements like other services.

CrazyEggs offers only heat mapping, we prefer using less services to get more information (session replay, funnels, formas analytics, etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to get simple heatmaps that's easy to integrate with Optimizely easily.

If you have a small budget and you don't need in-depth data analytics.

Otherwise, there is plenty of fish.

Mostly we used CrazyEggs due to its easy integration with Optimizely to get heatmaps from different variations while running A/B testing.

Those heatmaps were useful, however we really missed some other informations like mouse movements and attention maps.

Learning about Crazy Egg?

* We monitor all Crazy Egg reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.