Creately

Creately has more than 50 types of diagrams, real-time collaboration and projects and thousands of examples and libraries.

Work for Creately?

Learning about Creately?

Creately Reviews

Ask Creately a Question
Showing 11 Creately reviews
Creately review by Hugo L.
Hugo L.

"Creately allows me to make sympathetic and lively charts"

What do you like best?

I love that Creately has taken the "art" of making charts to the next level by allowing us to add characters as part of a chart: I think this is a very unique feature because your charts become less boring and more full of life, and this will help you gain more attention and more clients. One more thing I love of Creately is the fresh type of arrows it offers (kind of 3D) that give even more life to any type of charts you want to create. This is the best software for making charts I´ve found

What do you dislike?

One thing that I dislike a bit, and that Creately can improve a bit, is that even though the software gives you the ability to add nice characters to charts, they don´t have a face, and it would be nice if Creately gave us the ability to add different types of faces to each of these characters. The last thing I find unattractive is that there´s a limited number of arrow figures, and this can make the process of creating a good a chart a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, this is the best software you can use for making lively charts, and this might be a benefit for your business and even for yourself.

I get to create nice and lively charts for my business and for presentations I have to offer to clients and other people that might be useful for my business. An additional nice feature is that I can even make kind of conceptual maps that help me improve my business.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Creately
Creately review by Alicia Sarah V.
Alicia Sarah V.

"Bring your flowcharts to life with Creately"

What do you like best?

I constantly create flowcharts in order to keep handy summaries of everything I learn, and one way of bringing these flowcharts to life is by using Creately. Something I seriously like about creately is that I can add characters to my flowcharts so that they become “more engaging”. And the best part is that I can add these characters only by dragging and dropping them anywhere inside my flowchart. Then, I just need to add some text, a few lines, and I have a “living” flowchart that helps me learn faster any subject.

What do you dislike?

I don´t really like the fact that Creately workspace has a greyish grid as a background. At least for me, it would be better if the default background for Creately was plain white. Also, I think that it would be useful if the team in creately could add funny faces to the characters, as this would mean more engagement for people like me, who use the software to create learning aids.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creately is a really nice tool for creating “living flowcharts” (when I say “living flowcharts”, I mean flowcharts which are really engaging because you can add characters full of colors!). Also, you can create other types of useful charts, such as synoptic tables. My advice is that Creately is probably the best online tool to create fast charts in a really short time.

I´m creating my own flowcharts for my own freelance business and personal learning: every type of business (personal, small and big) needs to have a diagram that states the steps to follow for a certain activity, and with Creately, I can do that in a matter of minutes. It´s as easy as that.

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Creately review by Michael P. L.
Michael P. L.

"Visual excellence! "

What do you like best?

If you're a visual learner, this is the easiest way to get the message across. Lots of great built in icons and graphics. As a tool used to build out training info, it is perfect for my needs. I can relay a lot of information at one glance if well designed enough. It is really up to the creativity of the user to make use of this tool for training purposes and the tools are easy enough to become an expert pretty fast.

What do you dislike?

User interface is pretty easy, but takes some getting used to. There are some limitations to this compared to other tools I've used, but for basic structure or Venn diagrams, this tool is pretty easy. Some of the icons that are built in are useful, but are limited depending on what message you are trying to get across.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fastest way to get a lot of information to people using simple visual design.

For training purposes, I've created diagrams using this tool to show complex hierarchies of how employee structures were organized at my business. This tool provides a fast way to put a lot of info on the same page, or in this case, diagram.

Creately review by Terry H.
Terry H.

"Because Concept Maps Are Cool"

What do you like best?

While I love drag and drop makes things fast, I love the ability for certain shapes to adapt in size based on context. Also, the 1-click start isnusefulmto lower the 'barrier' of getting started with comprehensive concept mapping as a process.

What do you dislike?

Not sure there is anything to 'dislike' other than maybe preferring to make concept maps with pen and pencil rather than using software. As I mentioned elsewhere, you can use both pen-and-paper and software-based maps together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't neglect watching the demo videos before striking out on your own. While it's not complicated by any means, there's a lot you can learn by watching the developers use their own software. Also, check YouTube for tutorials from non-developer-users, as the Creately community has a lot of strong ideas to offer as well. Finally, consider doing a little reading about what concept maps 'are' and non-technology based strategies that can make your mapping more fruitful and effective.

Content brainstorming and planning as well as visualizing workflows. The benefits are being able to 'see' ideas and their relationships, and critical ideas missing from your internal processes. I concept everything in my personal life and as a business owner, , so anything that supports that is useful for me.

Creately review by Elaine O.
Elaine O.

"Easy, fast, time spent productively!"

What do you like best?

No download, pretty intuitive to use which made for a quick start to finish.

What do you dislike?

I used a template for creating a site map. Think there could be more choices. Perhaps there is a quick start guide but I didn't have time to find it! Haha. Still quick and intuitive though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't tried it, do. If you have tried it, please review and share with others so we can get a better idea of what Creately is doing and where it is going.

Creating a site map for pages on an online auction site for the non-profit where I work. Having never done that before, Creately made it much easier.

Creately review by Anirudh Y.
Anirudh Y.

"Draw with ease"

What do you like best?

A user friendly software that helps me build mockups and demos for mobile applications.

What do you dislike?

I cannot build working prototypes that allow clicking and interacting with mobile applications

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent product that saves you a lot of time during your initial product lifecycle development by allowing you to rapidly build prototypes for feedback. Go for it !

Being able to rapidly build mockups that my clients can then see and provide feedback on.

Creately review by Aly N.
Aly N.

"Found in a book. Implemented at work."

What do you like best?

User-friendly. Web-based, meaning no download/install time. A number of style elements and export options to choose from. Formatting is a breeze and comes with a variety of choices.

What do you dislike?

The usability of Creately is really good, but sometimes it logs me out mid-project. I think the purpose of that is to ensure that thing are kept private and that your account remains secure, but it can get a little annoying. Other than that, it's a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give this program a shot! I've had nothing but good experiences with it so far!

As a beginning content strategist, I read about Creately in The Content Strategist's Toolkit, a book my boss loaned me. I think while the book makes me better at what I do, Creately expedites the process with which I do it. I can't say anything bad about it.

Creately review by Cynthia T.
Cynthia T.

"Very easy and convenient for Product Managers"

What do you like best?

Colours, different templates, export in different formats.

What do you dislike?

Not much, maybe the auto logout was very fast but it was in my case only, as I normally work with different things at the same time.

I normally use Google drive for everything. I tried other tools to create flows, that in my case (i manage a global product) can change all the time.

The drive program for diagrams is not nice at all, and I found it very plane. I tried a few other tools and this one was the best.

I actually recommend it to other colleges.

Creately review by Gregory K.
Gregory K.

"Good product for collaboration and flow charting "

What do you like best?

Web based tool to document data and create flow charts. I tried this product to evaluated it for flow charting ideas and customers interactions

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much that I didn't like about this product

Flow charting information and documenting the flow of information through a system

Creately review by Supun N.
Supun N.

"How creately helps me for my software development"

What do you like best?

Its web based. You don't need to install anything. Wherever you go it's available over the internet.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it hangs and I need to close the browser tab and restart

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to improve the productivity of your team and explain your ideas to others. A picture is worth more than thousand words. I use creately to draw my solution architectures and present it to the team so that they can easily grasp what I am trying to convey and give feedback. It greatly improves my productivity as a software developer.

Basically software development related work

Creately review by User in Internet

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I loved having the ability to quickly and easily diagram office layouts, shipment arrangements, and more.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app integration was lacking and could be somewhat slow.

Helped us solve planning out layouts rather than hoping for the best or ad hoc development.

Learn more about Creately

Creately Downloads

Learning about Creately?

* We monitor all Creately reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.