Creditsafe

The world's most used supplier of business credit reports

Work for Creditsafe?

Learning about Creditsafe?

Creditsafe Reviews

Ask Creditsafe a Question
Showing 6 Creditsafe reviews
Creditsafe review by User in Financial Services

A good bargain, but limited data

What do you like best?

The best part of Creditsafe is that it is incredibly cheap. Certainly worthwhile for supplemental data to support reports from other credit agencies. Also it includes all legal information (judgements, tax liens, UCC filings) which the other affordable credit agencies don't include, or include for an additional fee.

What do you dislike?

The way data is displayed makes it hard to determine a credit limit. Rather than break out each individual creditor's data as a separate line item, Creditsafe only offers all creditors data lumped together. The best it will do is break them apart into 4 separate lumps that are grouped together by very vague industries. Creditsafe has the potential to become a great product, but until they can better display their data you will never be able to rely on it as your only credit agency

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems like Creditsafe is trying to improve their product. They recently changed their reports to give a little bit more information, but sadly most of what they added is just different ways of displaying the same data (graphs and tables with the same information). That said, they have sent representatives to our office to discuss what we think of their product, and they understood all of our complaints (which way out numbered our praises) and said they would try to implement some of our suggestions but that there may be limitations on how they can display the trade tape that they originally purchased to get started in the US market. For the last year they have actually been collecting our aging, and I have noticed it being incorporated into their reports, so I can only imagine as they grow, and get more reporting subscribers, their data will improve and eventually they won't be hindered by any limitations being imposed upon them.

We use it when setting up a line of credit for a new customer. Creditsafe is generally good for determining whether or not a particular account is credit worthy, but it is not good at determining what a credit worthy account's credit limit should be.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Creditsafe
Creditsafe review by <span>Max T.</span>
Max T.

Good but no great

What do you like best?

Creditsafe has a very large database of companies. They have a lot of current data to make credit decisions with. .

What do you dislike?

I do not like how Creditsafe combines all the credit lines together. It would be helpful to see each one individually to get a better idea of credit amounts given by individual creditors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest you don't use them as your only credit provider but it is great as a secondary.

We use Creditsafe as a secondary provider of credit services. It helps us make good credit decisions.

What Other Finance & Insurance solution do you use?

Creditsafe review by <span>Christine C.</span>
Christine C.

I. LOVE. THIS. PRODUCT.

What do you like best?

I use CreditSafe to gather information when we are setting up billing for clients that are hosting groups at our hotel. I have worked for a larger company in the past that has a central office that approves and reviews and sometimes it would take weeks to get an answer.

In my new hotel, having CreditSafe at my fingertips to help understand if we can approve or deny direct billing right then there is amazing and really helpful when having talks with my customers. I LOVE IT.

What do you dislike?

My only issue is that sometimes it's hard to find a particular client, either because I've spelled something wrong or because the search returns SO MANY results. Other than that it's great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great. I totally wish I had known this existed earlier.

It has made giving my clients direct answers so much quicker that in the past. Once I look up their information, I can print it out, send it to my finance team, and have it be done. It has saved me so much time!

Creditsafe review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Helps us keep a handle on the finances of all our business arms

What do you like best?

I like how quickly I can see the health of the payment behavior of different parts of our business. The dashboards, while a little outdated, give me everything I need to know in a flash.

What do you dislike?

The interface does look like it was build in the 90's, but it gets the job done. Would also like to see a mobile app and some better UX. It can sometimes be difficult to navigate to where I want to be. Although I will say that their support is excellent every time I contact them.

Solving our problem of having to talk to 15 different entities before knowing the state of our credit

Creditsafe review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

I am a backup to the credit manager

What do you like best?

Ease of use this program has given over the others.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far but I don't use it on a regular basis.

Getting a more in-depth view of potential customers.

Creditsafe review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

Fast, Easy and accurate information to move my day along quickly.

What do you like best?

Fast, Easy and accurate information to move my day along quickly.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike about creditsafe

Recommendations to others considering the product

get it, use it, be happy

I use creditsafe to review potential customers. Knowing credit information helps with determining the credit limit and terms. Also very useful with existing customers to keep an eye on.

Learning about Creditsafe?

* We monitor all Creditsafe reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.