Crew

Crew is a free messaging app that combines an intuitive calendar and a fast messaging system into one simple-to-use app.

Work for Crew?

Learning about Crew?

Crew Reviews

Ask Crew a Question
Showing 9 Crew reviews
Crew review by <span>Jessica E.</span>
Jessica E.

"Simple system, great results"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to schedule my employees from anywhere and any device. I love that I can see at a glance what events I have going on a day and if I have staffed properly or not. It helps facilitate communication between the members of my team and has helped develop even more of a family environment.

What do you dislike?

There are significant differences between the mobile and web. You can add notes to shifts on the mobile view, and they are prominently displayed. On the web view, not only is viewing the notes depreciated, but you cannot even add notes to the shift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make note that the mobile app is the only way to add notes to a shift. You cannot add or edit notes from the web version of the product. It can take a while to get buy in from your team. We had to use incentives to encourage the use and adoption of the product.

Crew has simplified my scheduling and brought me from the dark ages of using a white board to a mobile optimized cloud based system that I can access from anywhere in the world at any time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Crew
Crew review by <span>Braden K.</span>
Braden K.

"Great Team Tool"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it works just like a text message, but it is only for those who are invited to be a part of the group / team. It keeps all of our messages to each other separate from all the other text and social media chatter on everyone's phone. It is great to use on the web as well as the app on the phone. I leave the page up on my computer all day to easily send messages to the team.

What do you dislike?

Adding tasks to team member(s) feels clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick way to communicate with your team of any kind, I strongly urge you to take a look at Crew! It's FREE!

We are not able to ask questions to each other and know it is for work because it is in our team group. No more notes, questions or comments being lost in the chatter of regular text messaging on our phones.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Crew review by <span>Wesley L.</span>
Wesley L.

"Well structured communications app"

What do you like best?

I’ve been using this app for a short time now but really enjoy it. Like most we are trying the free version but the structure for pricing feels reasonable at the annual level. We’ve been able to keep all communications within the app to avoid HR concerns of sharing staff cell phone numbers since all employees are invitees using the admin account.

What do you dislike?

I’d like to see a trial period of say a month to give the Pro feature a shot before committing to the whole year. I admittedly have not read the T&Cs to see if there’s a satisfaction window offered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. So far the app is feature rich, bug free and smooth. Not too large or demanding and no cost to employee level users.

Since integrating the app into operations, we’ve streamlined communication regardless of device OS. We had problems with users not getting complete or timely delivery.

Crew review by <span>Jozias M.</span>
Jozias M.

"A great tool in progress"

What do you like best?

The control of the whole team at one place. Easy to publish announcements and talk to other employes.

What do you dislike?

A company can have more than one location. It would be great to have the possibility to set a person a location when creating the schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software, with a few limitation. But they are always improving and realizing new feature. Support team always interact and really take notes of all your suggestion.

Phone store, keeping the team aware of the new promos and prices, schedules. Keeping the communication in just one tool, where everybody is on the same page.

Crew review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Easy, convenient communication for multi team workplace"

What do you like best?

Crew gives you the ability to communicate with individuals and teams. It also has buttons that make it easy to reply without typing an answer. The app also has important information (i.e. schedules) that are uploaded into it. It is easy to access different schedules in the app rather than opening them in Google Drive or via email.

What do you dislike?

Crew often has glitches and seems to require a lot of updates.

I teach in a school and Crew has allowed us teachers and staff to efficiently and seamlessly communicate without having to interrupt teaching.

Crew review by <span>Rhea w.</span>
Rhea w.

"Best scheduling app out there "

What do you like best?

You can add all crew members, have separate shift chats and post a schedule and open shifts.

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike anything about the app. Maybe a but slow at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add all coworkers and learn how to post shifts first.

We are putting out open shifts sooner and communicating more.

Learning about Crew?

* We monitor all Crew reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.