Crimson Hexagon

Crimson Hexagon empowers marketers and market researchers to listen to online conversations and understand the opinions of consumers, shoppers, and audiences expressed on social media.

Work for Crimson Hexagon?
Mention highperf  socialmediamonitoring  2x

Learning about Crimson Hexagon?

Crimson Hexagon Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 82 Crimson Hexagon reviews
Crimson Hexagon review by <span>Jessica A.</span>
Jessica A.

Crimson Hexagon is an effective social media listening tool

What do you like best?

I love the ability it has to generate many reports and analytics in just a few seconds. It is easy to navigate and gives you a variety of information which is awesome because I've used other social media listening tools before and they only preform one or two functions.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is hard to find exactly what information you need. Also I dont like how you can't save a monitor, so you have to re-enter your criteria.

This product helped us preform initial research about specific topics being talked about on social media during a specific time, with the data we pulled we were able to create a specific strategy for our client.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Crimson Hexagon
Crimson Hexagon review by <span>Stephen J.</span>
Stephen J.

User review of Crimson Hexagon

What do you like best?

I like the topic analysis that has outputs in the wheel and affinity links. Great visuals for these analysis. A good attempt at making machine learning get an user interface to work with.

What do you dislike?

The machine learning application for sentiment analysis is too tedious and not accurate. Lack of customizable charts for analysis.

In my 2 instances of reaching out to support, I felt it could improve. Now I'm told they are looking to bring in chat support to all users which is a good move.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to keep in mind that Cirmson has made a bold attempt at making machine learning algorithms available to lay users through a user interface. While this can work for large data sets by training to tool with a large training set, it is not practical for small analysis with lesser data.

It has got great visuals to aid understanding of topics and associated terms.

The support is very poor. Some queries are never answered and almost all queries are delayed by at least a week. When other tools offer support in less than an hour's time, this is very poor.

Its a good tool for topical analysis but not very good for sentiment analysis. It has helped me understand the terms/words used to describe topics through their wheel visuals.

What Social Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Crimson Hexagon review by <span>John Z.</span>
John Z.

Beyond Just Social Listening - This is Social Intelligence for Brands and Businesses

What do you like best?

Ability to collect years of social data instead of just 90 days in order to measure long-term trends. The ability to train Crimson to understand and classify posts into user defined categories. This is especially useful in understanding the specific facets of a trend instead of just positive, negative and neutral sentiment which are never accurate. Finally the data visualization capabilities are fantastic for presentations and helping to explain what the data means.

What do you dislike?

It does not have social publishing capabilities however that has never been necessary for how we use this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The practice of social intelligence is both an art and a science. I've used a number of social listening tools and in my opinion Crimson Hexagon is the most advanced social data listening tool available along with excellent data visualization capabilities that enable you to communicate the data in meaningful ways, for a variety of purposes, that add business value.

Reputation management

Influencer marketing

Campaign measurement

Product innovation

Brand strategy

Business strategy - ability to see trends developing over multiple years.

Crimson Hexagon review by <span>Nicole L.</span>
Nicole L.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great product!

What do you like best?

The features I use the most are post volume, demographic information, and topic wheels. I feel that these are very helpful and accurate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I am hesitant to rely 100% on the post volume using keywords, sometimes I am not sure I am getting the most accurate numbers for the platforms I need to monitor. I also don't like how many smaller platforms are included in the totals - forums, comments etc. Also post list could be cleaned up a bit and would be helpful if it was sorted by platform/language and more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely attend a tutorial with someone who knows how to use the platform very well before just trying to dive in!

I am using crimson to report on certain events i.e. "how many people were talking about artist x in a certain time span and what were they saying/" It's really helpful to have solid numbers to report back to management teams and partners to showcase how much fans like our artists for future marketing plans.

Crimson Hexagon review by <span>Laurie D.</span>
Laurie D.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Fast, user friendly, great visualization of unstructured data

What do you like best?

The tool is easier and faster to use than Sysomos. I like the opinion monitor's ability to sort & train conversations and I appreciate the tool quantifying the conversations. It is easy to add and discount conversational categories - which makes it easier for benchmarking a brand's participation or inclusion in key conversations.

What do you dislike?

As with most social listening tools, I can alway use more functionality - more manipulation of word clouds, post list in chronological order, better exports of workspaces, MORE facebook topic data!. I'd like greater disclosure on the product development roadmap. Things that are missing but are needed get a "we'll submit that idea to our product team" - which is like a black hole on a users end. What is being developed and how agile is this development?

On Facebook topic data - I really don't believe any tool is pulling enough data. Facebook looks under represented in most of my searches (regardless of tool) and this is concerning for the future of Twitter is in question. If twitter goes down, what is my source of conversational data?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I evaluated a number of tools before switching to Crimson Hexagon. The ability to run a number of analyses concurrently is important, as well as visualizations, number of languages, countries covered, etc. I ran scenarios to ultimately test the tool. I found Netbase too slow and cumbersome, Sysomos - well I needed a change and other tools were interesting but placed limits on how often I could run analyses.

We pull brand, category, competitive or consumer level insights based on unstructured conversational data. Or as other says - find the humanity in the data. The business problems may vary from understanding what key conversations are driving brand mentions, to understanding consumer reactions to brand messaging, to identifying emerging trends within categories - all with the intent of outlining a consumer journey, intent or developing better content creative.

Crimson Hexagon review by Agency in Market Research
Agency in Market Research

Strong product overall, appreciate firehose access

What do you like best?

Overall CrimsonHexagon is a stong product, and its unique in offering a one-stop solution for data that includes Twitter firehose. Recent advancements which include emotional recognition, photo tracking and new visualization are appreciated, but advancements on platforms like Instagram feel somewhat limited.

What do you dislike?

Once-leading visual tools like the topic wheel have largely been replicated by other platforms, while some features that others offer - such as the ability to detect "brands" mentions within conversations or actual analysis based on emoji/emoticon, as well as customizable dashboarding options seem to be lacking in comparison to competitors. Definitely easy to recommend CH, but the platform needs to move past reliance on Twitter and continue tweaking the operation and availability of visuals, and make the Opinion Monitors more meaningful. An easier way to segment by audience would also be great. Finally, I'd like for clusters to be shown on more than 1000 messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Srtong platform, also worth reviewing BrandWatch, NetBase, Synthesio.

Consumer insights, marketing communications, qualitative research, discussion segmentation

Learning about Crimson Hexagon?

* We monitor all Crimson Hexagon reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.