Criteo

Criteo Display drives sales for e-commerce businesses, intelligently converting shoppers with dynamic, personalized ads.

Work for Criteo?

Learning about Criteo?

Criteo Reviews

Showing 44 Criteo reviews
Criteo review by <span>Kris M.</span>
Kris M.

"Problems with payments"

What do you like best?

It's really hard to give some advantages

What do you dislike?

I would like to briefly present my year-long adventure with Criteo. Throughout the period of cooperation, I had the impression that the support employee is incompetent. Answers to my questions were often incomplete or evasive. The waiting time for payments was also very long. However, the real problems began at the beginning of this year. Suddenly, overnight, Criteo stopped counting ads impressions. At the beginning, I ignored this problem because it happened before, but always at a later time the failure was removed and funds were added to the account. This time, however, it was different. I did not get an explanation of this situation, so in the end, I decided to part with Criteo completely. At this point, I still had some funds earned in the account, so I sent a question what will happen to them after closing the account? I received the answer:"You will be paid end of this month and your account will be closed 2 months afterwards."

So I closed my account on 06.02.2018 and waited. At the beginning of March I still did not receive my money, so I sent a query and the answer just shocked me "after consulting with our Finance Department, I have received the information that your account has been closed by you and therefore it triggered a payment of all combined amounts of a final .... EUR. The amount was paid on the 26th of January 2018."

My explanation that this payment concerned the previous period was unanswered, and I still have not received my money. Subsequent questions remain unanswered. I am currently trying to contact senior staff and I hope that this will have some effect. Generally, however, I advise against any cooperation with this company.

I tried to diversify the source of revenue on the website.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Criteo
Criteo review by Administrator

"Solid Performance, But a Black Box at Times"

What do you like best?

Criteo, as a retargeting platform, has always managed to hit our KPI's. It's a very "bare bones" platform and it has the ability to scale your retargeting efforts quickly. It's also fully managed by Criteo, which can be good and bad. It's good because it requires very little from my account managers and it allows them to focus on other areas. Lastly, the back end tagging process was very simple.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it can feel a bit like a "black box". In terms of their UI and ability to use their reporting for actionable insights, they are pretty limited. Also, their customer support has been very inconsistent. Another thing that we aren't crazy about is how they rotate and optimize creative. We've provided tons of different images to test, however the vast majority of the time Criteo will just serve a "dynamic" ad. This might seem ideal, however the quality is often very, very poor and they aren't always super relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you consider some of the other products out there. Truly, your decision will come down to your needs and goals. If your goal is volume, minimal day to day work, and a managed service, then Criteo is a good option. However, if your goals include customer segmentation, geo targeting, granular reporting, and more, then there are better solutions out there!

We use Criteo as a retargeting platform. They help us keep customer engaged with our brand, as well as bring users back into our customer flow.

What Cross-Channel Advertising solution do you use?

Criteo review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Least Time Consuming Method of Retargeting (But limited control)"

What do you like best?

Criteo's interface is incredibly simple to use, and their customer support team handles most of campaign set-up and optimization. I am not required to spend time reviewing placements, bids, and creative because they handle the coordination of everything.

What do you dislike?

Our ROI isn't as high as we'd like on this platform, although I'd guess that varies widely depending on industry. Additionally, I'd love more control over how our creative looks. The ads are dynamically generated based on user activity, but some of them end up looking pretty poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep constant communication with the Accelerate team. This is how your campaign is optimized. Additionally, be flexible on bids - they vary widely depending on the time of year.

We have struggled finding an easy-to-manage retargeting platform for our business, and Criteo has met that need. There is very little hands-on managing, and the majority of the work is handled by their Accelerate support team.

Criteo review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Criteo "

What do you like best?

I like that it allows us to have visibility on websites like Macy's, Kohls, etc... Ever since they bought out hooklogic it's been a fantastic addition to their tool kit.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the attribution model. It seems to me like they over attribute when looking at sales attribution for non-last click sales. In their words, sales from views + clicks versus just last click. Thankfully, the last click attribution balances out those numbers and seems to be more reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using the criteo/hooklogic tool, realize that it doesn't work the way adwords or even amazon marketing services works. They bid based on product category, not keyword. It's one of the only tools out there that allows you t advertise in retail for major department stores.

I am solving the business need to compete in the online department store sphere. The benefits I've seen are increased sales and awareness of brands through the hooklogic/criteo advertising model.

Criteo review by <span>Linda P.</span>
Linda P.

"Solid Performance"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

They may be in the business associated with arbitrage. They may not be a within the business in enhancing for what performs greatest for you, no matter what these people say. They are right now using some sketchy techniques to bypass the brand new firefox 3rd part cookie guidelines in a way that will can screw up your stats attribution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use if you have money to spend.

Recording sales from visitors who else leave our site with out purchasing. Helped increase total site conversion in a new very competitive industry (fashion ecommerce).

Criteo review by User

"They messed up the implementation but still expect us to pay for traffic we didn't get"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy, especially if you want little/no control. They setup and run everything for you.

What do you dislike?

They screwed up the implementation. We have no way to independently audit how much of our traffic (as per the account) went to the wrong pace. See more below...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it. You have no control over your campaign (you can't even pause it), can't audit their implementation and they are not responsive when they have issues.

Unfortunately, they screwed up the implementation and put in their website (www.criteo.com) instead of ours for the ads. We showed them examples, which they fixed. They agreed we should not have to pay for traffic they sent to their site rather than ours, but then stopped communicating. Each month we explain the issue when getting a late notice for the invoice, and each month we get no response. Now they are putting us in collections.

Learn more about Criteo

Criteo Downloads

Learning about Criteo?

* We monitor all Criteo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.