Critical Mention

Critical Mention allows users to search global TV, radio, online news and social media, watch video, edit and internally share coverage, receive real-time email alerts, build reports, and analyze coverage through word clouds and graphs.

Work for Critical Mention?
Zignal labs review  2x

Learning about Critical Mention?

Critical Mention Reviews

Ask Critical Mention a Question
Showing 80 Critical Mention reviews
Critical Mention review by <span>Jerry K.</span>
Jerry K.

Critical you know your tracking system.

What do you like best?

It provides a good tool to monitor media. It does a good job and the editing tool can be helpful. Used their system for nearly ten years. It did the job. Staff is polite and responsive.For broadcast TV it provides the best monitoring tool on the market.

What do you dislike?

Searches can miss a lot when closed captioning misspells words or their system is down. No notification system to tell you this for broadcast. Lost a client over this. Does not filter duplicate hits. System has gotten better but still could use some work on the user interface. Must backup you searches and download your clips or they will be lost by the system by the end of the year. Pricing is not flexible enough for small business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest shopping around a bit before purchasing any software solution. Make sure what you is affordable and gets you the services you require.

Now a former customer. Moved onto using more affordable tracking software services.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Critical Mention
Critical Mention review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

Never miss a media clip for a client

What do you like best?

I get daily emails with the most recent, TV & radio clips, categorized into folders for each client, based on search terms that I set. The "Wordplay" feature for clipping TV & radio segments is so incredibly easy to use and the fact that it works in tandem with the transcription of the radio or TV interview makes it even easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish the platform was able to pick up print clips and that it would be able to offer circulation/reach and publicity value for radio clips.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Google news to find print clips for your clients since the platform does not pick up print clips.

We do all of our media reporting for our clients with this platform. It helps us make sure that we don't miss any clips, which is especially helpful for national clients and from there, we are able to build our media reports.

What Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Critical Mention review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

Great Program for Broadcast Monitoring

What do you like best?

I like the ability to clip up your own clips, and their customer service is good for whenever their are any problems. There are unlimited search term, and you can set differing alerts for each term, either as it happens, daily, or weekly.

What do you dislike?

Closed captioning sometimes goes down, and they do not have a good enough system to let you know that there were problems, so sometimes clips get missed. There should be an email or banner notification that lets you know about problems with the closed captioning service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to negotiate how many downloads come with your package. It is important, as some plans charge per download, but you can arrange a set number to come with your contract if it is important for you to have copies not just in the portal.

This program is used for broadcast monitoring. Using it helps to determine when the client is mentioned on TV and radio programs. There is also a great search function that lets you search by time, keyword, channel, and market.

Critical Mention review by <span>Megan T.</span>
Megan T.

Many Pros, One Con

What do you like best?

The customer service has been great when I've had issues. The alerts for media hits come quickly and with lots of analytics. My clients are impressed with the real time understanding of coverage. The reports are easy to understand and offer ad equivalency value.

What do you dislike?

I did not know when I signed up about the limited radio monitoring. I gain a lot of radio interviews for clients and I was never able to get these for them to review. I wonder now about what I might be missing.

I couldn't afford to hire an employee to actively search for media hits or to compile reports. This software was a cheap way to save time and still provide evidence of results for clients.

Critical Mention review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

Good platform for broadcast and radio monitoring

What do you like best?

I like the clip editor feature. It is pretty easy to use and it allows you to only clip the portion of a broadcast you want, which clients appreciate.

What do you dislike?

Only being able to go back 60 days has it's limitations. The report and search functionalities can also be a little tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Critical Mention serves a great purpose in our agency, and while we don't use it all the time, it's really valued when we need it. The platform also has a daily email news alert feature, which is really helpful when you're monitoring for important news.

Media monitoring. When a client has a placement, particularly broadcast or radio, we are able to easily find it and prepare a report to share with them. We don't use it as much for online clips as it doesn't seem necessary.

Critical Mention review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

Critical Mention Makes Broadcast Clipping EASY

What do you like best?

What I like best about CM, is when you are searching for broadcast clips, you can easily clip the portion needed, and save it to a specific folder where the link you cut can be accessed there.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I really dislike about this platform. It's super easy and helpful, when used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest that if you have an abundance of clients that land broadcast and radio clips (it does print/online too, if needed), I would 100% recommend getting this software. It really makes a PR professionals job so easy when obtaining radio and broadcast clips, especially when you can customize them

The business problem that I'm solving is the ability to have the broadcast (and radio) coverage to my client in real time. I realized that the benefit of this, is that you're able to have access to a clip, in real time, or even from the past, if needed.

Learning about Critical Mention?

* We monitor all Critical Mention reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.