Crowd Signal

Make flexible surveys with Crowd Signal. Collect, organize and analyze data from a variety of sources, including social media and mobile.

Work for Crowd Signal?

Learning about Crowd Signal?

Categories

Compare Crowd Signal to Similar Solutions

Crowd Signal Reviews

Showing 29 Crowd Signal reviews
Crowd Signal review by Jason P.
Jason P.

"Polldaddy Makes it Easy to Create Surveys and Polls"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like best has to be that Polldaddy offers a completely free plan. Usually, free plans with similar websites end after a certain amount of time or after the trial period expires. Polldaddy allows you to utilize the free version with no time limits. This has allowed me to test the service and gain reliable insights and data that will help me write a request to purchase a paid version of Polldaddy in the future.

I also like that Polldaddy not only allows you to create surveys but they allow you to create polls as well. Many similar websites don't have the option to create polls. This is something that has been important for us as we take polls on a daily basis.

Another feature that I like about Polldaddy is how survey participants can upload files to their survey. This is something participants weren't able to do previously when we distributed hard copies of surveys - it is also something that many competitors of Polldaddy don't offer - especially in the free versions.

What do you dislike?

While Polldaddy offers a ton of nice features that many of its competitors don't have - it is a simple platform that leaves a lot to be desired graphically. Many of Polldaddy's competitors offer survey templates and options that contain a lot of graphics, making the survey more enticing and aesthetically pleasing.

I have also found that when taking a Polldaddy survey or poll offline, the contents aren't displayed correctly or it doesn't work at all. There are circumstances when we need a survey to work in an offline situation and we haven't been able to rely on Polldaddy in these situations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Polldaddy for simple surveys, polls and quizzes that don't need strong graphics. I recommend using the captcha option to ensure that all responses are valid - captcha is a good way to verify survey responses. I also recommend trying out the free version before upgrading to a paid subscription as the free version offer almost everything that you will need to create simple questionnaires.

We use to experience a lot of spam responses that seemed to be automated when we distributed surveys to thousands of participants - Polldaddy offers several features that have enabled us to ensure a human is responding to our surveys. Polldaddy offers a captcha option that makes it so participants have to respond to a capthca thus ensuring that they are human. This has helped to eliminate so much of the spam responses that we were receiving - saving us a lot of time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Crowd Signal
Crowd Signal review by Kathryn C.
Kathryn C.

"Polldaddy is free but clunky...why I switched "

What do you like best?

I love that Polldaddy has a great free plan. For free to get polling features that most other platforms force you to pay for, such as the ability for survey takers to upload a file. I only recommend tools that make sense for my clients given their budget and the tool’s functionality so Polldaddy was a favorite for a long time.

What do you dislike?

Getting started in Polldaddy is a touch tricky if you’re not techie because you have to first create a Wordpress.com account. The builder platform itself is not too tough but others are simpler. It also feels pretty antiquated compared to more modern tools, even the free ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with JotForm... it has everything Polldaddy has and more with a way sleeker interface. Also free.

I primarily use Polldaddy to capture testimonials. I love that people can upload a headshot with their testimonial, without me having to upgrade to a paid account.

What Survey solution do you use?

Crowd Signal review by Va'a T.
Va'a T.

"Easy to use, but comes up short"

What do you like best?

The user interface in creating the survey is nice and simple. It didn't take me very long to create my survey. The variety of different survey questions were helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

The survey layout templates are not as friendly. When changing from online to offline using a tablet, the template would not transfer over. Meaning the app had it's own style that wasn't user friendly. Fonts were small, answer choices were hard to select. They give options to customize but then you have to change the code. For some of us novice users, I don't have the technical skills or the time to do that. I just upgraded to the Pro level to see, but I'm going to ask for my money back.

Trying to find an offline solution to implement a research survey in the field. The offline capability, mostly storing responses until being connected with the Internet is a definite plus. But if I can't get a survey that is functional and user friendly for our needs, it doesn't work for us.

Crowd Signal review by Steve J.
Steve J.

"Simple, Easy To Use Polls"

What do you like best?

Polldaddy is pretty basic in how it looks and works - but that's a good thing. It means it's simple and easy to use - but not an oversimplified and locked down poll like a lot of new polls that are popping up. Because of its flexibility, it can be customised to your heart's content and deployed in a variety of situations extremely quickly.

What do you dislike?

Some of the default poll styles are pretty basic and could be mistaken for having been designed in the 90's. You have to pay if you want to customise it yourself.

Polldaddy allows us to do quick and easy polls. We mostly use them for article related questions alongside a blog. This helps to engage the reader a bit more.

Crowd Signal review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Free version is OK; Pro version is better; iPad app is why I love it"

What do you like best?

I need a survey tool that my research team can access on their iPads. The free version is too limited (too few survey responses per month and too few questions per survey). The pro version is almost limitless for our purposes, and is $29 per month less our educational discount.

What do you dislike?

Cost. We have a site license for Qualtrics, which has features on par with Polldaddy, but we don't have to pay an extra fee to use. There are so many competitors for survey software, so the one main benefit (iPad compatibility) is the one reason Polldaddy stands out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a Word Press product. If you are an expert Word Press user, you will love this. If you are considering becoming a heavy Word Press user, might as well get started with Polldaddy. I still use the free version for smaller projects, so you may use this for certain individual projects and decide on more large-scale use later.

Ability to conduct surveys on the fly. Access to results for the entire team.

Crowd Signal review by Administrator in Libraries
Administrator in Libraries

"Easier surveys with iOS app"

What do you like best?

I like that Polldaddy has a dedicated app. It allows me to deploy multiple survey takers into the field with tablets and collect results in real time. I also like the robust analytics and drag-and-drop editor. Advanced survey features (such as password protection) are nice, too.

What do you dislike?

It's not the cheapest survey tool out there. It's also not the most aesthetically appealing- it has the look of an open source program. It could look slicker and more professional. Minor quibbles, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have advanced survey options, Polldaddy is a great service. If you have very basic needs, there are cheaper service out there that will get the job done.

Polldaddy makes polling and surveying customers a snap. We're able to deploy staff into the field and immediately get the data we need to make customer-focused decisions.

Crowd Signal review by User

"Easy to Use Survey Tool"

What do you like best?

I cannot stress enough how easy it is to create a survey with Polldaddy. A beginner could easily set up and send a survey in minutes.

What do you dislike?

The reporting/graphics leaves a lot to be desired. More often than not, I find that I have to create my own graphics from the results. If there were more options to customize the graphics it would be rated much higher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for those who want to quickly and easily send surveys on whim to collect quick results. If you want a dynamic surveying tool with splashy graphics this may not be the right solution for you.

We use polldaddy when we quickly want to survey our clients and/or peers. The benefit is that it can be done quickly.

Crowd Signal review by Rana K.
Rana K.

"Easy to use, easy to collect responses"

What do you like best?

The surveys are easily customizable and you can add as many questions and responses as you need. They can be easily accessed and completed on various devices, including smartphones. Further, responses can reported in real time.

What do you dislike?

It can be pricey, depending on the package that you are looking to purchase for your company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product to invest in! It is easy to put together and gather results and others have found it easy to answer the survey questions. It is a bit pricey but worth it.

Creating surveys for both staff and patients in a hospital institution. Results are reported and collated quickly and in-rel time making it easy to get answers to questions the survey is seeking to answer.

Crowd Signal review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Creación de encuestas impresionantes con un esfuerzo mínimo"

What do you like best?

Hace lo que necesito que haga y no mucho más que eso. Rastree estadísticas y respuestas fácilmente. Le permite agregar directamente al sitio con características pagadas.

What do you dislike?

Lo uso anualmente para mi sitio y aún no me ha impresionado. La votación pagada no responde y no cambia el tamaño de las imágenes en la vista móvil. Las opciones para diseños prefabricados son simples, no visualmente atractivas y casi imposibles de editar en el módulo de servicio. Han pasado unos años y no veo que haya cambiado mucho.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gran software para el sondeo en la versión gratuita, pero es un poco limitado. Dicho esto, si pagas y gastas algo de dinero para desbloquear las funciones premium, no te decepcionarás con los resultados.

He usado Polldaddy para comunicame con los usuarios. El generador de encuestas es intuitivo y los informes en tiempo real son útiles a la hora de tomar decisiones sobre las acciones que debemos tomar. También estoy contento con la función de "valoraciones" para facilitar la participación de los usuarios.

Crowd Signal review by User in Higher Education

"Less Intuitive than Alternatives, Slightly Buggy"

What do you like best?

Useful for creating basic polls and such, questionnaires, etc. I appreciate that it is in multiple languages, and that the polls are more customizable than other alternatives.

What do you dislike?

Buggy and expensive, I felt that the features did not always work as intended, or at all. Further, I felt that I wold never justify the cost as it can easily be replaced by other poll plugins or websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that it actually is what you need, while the customization is nice I felt that it was unnecessary, and took time away from actually designing the questions. Further, I felt that Polldaddy was overly expensive for what it provides in terms of value.

We used it for gauging interest in different community activities and for determining what people would find interesting. The benefits we have realized is an easy way to reach out to people and gauge their interest in upcoming events, however this could be completed by using a number of other alternatives (doodle monkey, google forms, etc).

Crowd Signal review by User in Higher Education

"Outdated but satisfactory Survey tool"

What do you like best?

Polldaddy has several options to customize surveys and polls. For different scenarios, one can repurpose survey templates in different ways by changing fonts, colors and other options. My favorite feature is the option to have the surveys and questionnaires in multiple languages, not just English.

What do you dislike?

Polldaddy is really outdated. Free services such as Google Surveys, Survey monkey , and signup Genius really prove to be strong better alternatives.

Polldaddy needs to keep up with the times and provide cheaper service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider cheaper and free alternatives to Polldaddy if you don't need very specific features that only Polldaddy offers.

Creating surveys, polls, questionnaires, and gathering opinions from the members of my department.

Crowd Signal review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"It's For Everyone"

What do you like best?

No matter what your business is, Polldaddy is for everyone. You can customize your polls to be as specific as you need, and you don't have to worry about the end date, as you can set that in advance (you can't to that with other poll companies, so your results may not be what you're looking for with the others.)

What do you dislike?

Depending on what you need, it can be pricey. I used to use the Pro version, which isn't too bad, and it fit my needs.at the time, but since my business has slowed, I scaled back to the free version. I may start using it again soon once my business grows a little more.

I'm getting insight as to what works for my customers, what kind of information they're looking for, and what format they are looking to purchase my products. It also keeps them engaged.

Crowd Signal review by Himanshu S.
Himanshu S.

"User friendly tool still limited in productivity."

What do you like best?

Fully customizable questions and set different ways to respond. Ability to verify responses. Options to choose different languages. It gives you the option to embed code.

What do you dislike?

You have to create an account. Need to have the technical and coding knowledge to able to customize. The paid version is not worth it. Not preferable if you need interactive graphics. Jotform is a bit better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better options out there.

Best plus is its the quickest and the easiest way to survey our users. The biggest feature for our company was to ensure and verify the authenticity via an e-mail to vote.

Crowd Signal review by Beth K.
Beth K.

"Simple and quick"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create polls and how simple it is for my consumers to vote on them

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes at this time for Polldaddy

I can gather insights into what my consumers want and better address their desires to create more traffic to my site

Crowd Signal review by G2 Crowd User in Banking
G2 Crowd User in Banking

"Polldaddy review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that when someone goes to vote on our poll it sends an email confirmation and has the user verify they voted to make it count. So many other programs do not offer an option of verifying emails. Its also a user friendly interface. You can customize your poll as well.

What do you dislike?

there really isnt anything i dislike about polldaddy. Nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is internet based and they offer quick response for support. It is user friendly with advanced options if you need them. There are reporting options. Great product.

We are having a contest and needed an online poll option for users to vote on. There are a lot of benefits. The poll gives you three options for embedding the code. When the user votes they have to verify they voted so you know you have a real person.

Crowd Signal review by User

"Well structured but feels dated"

What do you like best?

Tool has good options to help you design a survey or poll. The ability to add different ways to respond and add fonts and colour make the customisation useful.

What do you dislike?

The site feels dated. I think it needs a refresh along with some new ways of designing surveys and polls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A credible contender but I suspect there could be better options.

Being able to easily capture information from many people that suits our business culture.

Crowd Signal review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"Works well for our purposes"

What do you like best?

Not only is it easy to create surveys, but the ability to filter data using custom formulas is extremely useful.

What do you dislike?

I've run into some bugs when creating complex data filters. More automated ways to analyze data would be beneficial too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well as an alternative to Survey Monkey.

We're creating surveys to share with our audience for research purposes.

Crowd Signal review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Surveys made free and easy"

What do you like best?

First of all, you have to love that Polldaddy has a free plan. It’s actually pretty great. This free plan includes the ability for survey takers to upload a file. This gives the people taking the survey a chance to express how they truly feel and you a chance to understand the mindset of your audience.

What do you dislike?

Wordpress. Why do I have to create an account. I don’t like having to spread my information across multiple platforms or websites. The site could be more modern.

Surveys are a great way to understand your target audience. This polldaddy makes it easy to get feedback from current and potential customers.

Crowd Signal review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Intuitive and very simple to use!"

What do you like best?

Polldaddy is a great tool if you are in need of creating surveys. The best feature is without a doubt the powerful filtering options.

What do you dislike?

Albeit being an amazing tool, it is quite pricey. If in your line of business you do require the creation of lots of surveys it is worth it though.

The biggest problem Polldaddy has solved is the simplicity to read and understand results from a given survey. Especially if it has a massive amount of data.

Crowd Signal review by Jacqueline Nicole R.
Jacqueline Nicole R.

"Polldaddy"

What do you like best?

Polldaddy is easy to use once system click path has been learned

What do you dislike?

Polldaddy isn’t common amongst my employees so transitioning to a new platform was a learning polldaddy curve

Used for polling employees on policies, processes and new hire onboarding questionnaires

Crowd Signal review by User

"Great and easy to use."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the fact that is it easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the font size was bigger, but people can always zoom in on their screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it can be a real time saver!

In the past it as made it so we don't have to hold another meeting to vote. with people living in other states, it's easier to just send out a poll.

Crowd Signal review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great product -Loving it"

What do you like best?

Makes our life very very easy to manage and create polls/surveys of our company. Great product with low budget. I have also shared this product with my other friends.

What do you dislike?

None. Best product for managing surveys.

Very useful with the results of this products. Solving the great hectic task of creating stunning and awesome polls and survey very easily and simple with this product.

Crowd Signal review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"information in the palm of your hands"

What do you like best?

I’m able to make surveys on my iPad easily. It’s free unless you go over a certain amount.

What do you dislike?

It is pretty pricey given that it does the same job as almost every other similar apps

At our company we like to know what our readers feel about us or a certain subject. Poll daddy let us do that easily.

Crowd Signal review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Very Intuitive and simple to work with"

What do you like best?

Polldaddy is a great choice if there is a need to create polls and surveys. Also it has really handy filtering options.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to say about the product itself, pricing is a bit above average.

The business problem Polldaddy has resolved is how easy it is to read and understand results from a survey.

Crowd Signal review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great!"

What do you like best?

Easy way to create surveys and polls online as needed

What do you dislike?

I got nothing to dislike about this tool

We have been limited to online poll and survey generators and this has been very helpful to our company

Crowd Signal review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Does what it needs to do"

What do you like best?

Does what it needs to do. We like the email distribution

What do you dislike?

It doesn't do much more than advertised and isn't worth what it costs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait a while until the concept is more fully realized

Surveying employees

Crowd Signal review by Administrator

"Best Poll System!"

What do you like best?

It’s so simple for users to conduct polls through the system. Also the interface is top notch.

What do you dislike?

It could use some SAML integration for seamless login.

Service desk surveys. Very easy and fast for responses.

Crowd Signal review by User in Internet

"The best survey software I have used"

What do you like best?

I love that on the free version there is no limit to the number of questions you can add. The branching feature is also great.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to fault the PollDaddy software. It's very user friendly.

Customer Feedback

Crowd Signal review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent tool for rating anything"

What do you like best?

We use it to rate contractors. Easy to install.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it works well. It can be improved maybe by making use the stars don't go to a new line.

Rating contractors.

Learning about Crowd Signal?

* We monitor all Crowd Signal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories