CrowdCompass

CrowdCompass

CrowdCompass by Cvent develops and delivers leading edge mobile device solutions for the global event and meeting market.

Work for CrowdCompass?

Learning about CrowdCompass?

CrowdCompass Reviews

Ask CrowdCompass a Question
Showing 288 CrowdCompass reviews
CrowdCompass review by Jenniffer Q.
Jenniffer Q.

"Love this app creator!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy this app creator is to create custom apps for our events. It helps to give our attendees a unique convention experience where they have everything at their fingertips. Maps, Speakers, Social Media, Attendee Games, and much more. We have found an increase in attendee engagement and find that it makes our events seem that much more organized and professional.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike, but I wish you could have a direct Apple Store or Google Play icon instead of having to go through attendee hub. it is a little difficult to find but once its found its only positive feedback from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all your resources. If you can't figure it out, email your correspondent. They are very responsive and helpful to get it integrated with cvent and designed the way you want it.

We are increasing attendee engagement by adding this to our convention. People interact through the game, help each other download things and socialize a lot more from previous ones.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CrowdCompass
CrowdCompass review by Kathleen M.
Kathleen M.

"Crowd Compass is a good feature that enhances the attendee experience"

What do you like best?

The integration with Cvent makes updating the app extremely easy when they are linked. Once the event has been updated it automatically updates within the app. It has also increased our engagement with our attendees and gives us another avenue to communicate with them throughout the weekend. You can also upload PDFs which is helpful for showing maps or programs that can't be created in the app.

What do you dislike?

We use the app during an event that spans generations and it is hard to get them all to buy into the app. Also when many people do not allow push notifications it takes away from the impact of the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product if you are already using Cvent to allow for the connection there.

We have been able to decrease the amount of paper handouts and programs that we print due to adoption of the app. Also, offering personalized schedules allows for a better user experience and helps folks navigate the weekend better.

What Mobile Event Apps solution do you use?

CrowdCompass review by Jessica N.
Jessica N.

"Easy to Use Event Enhancement Tool!!"

What do you like best?

This app is so easy and user friendly. It gives all our attendees a unique event experience giving them all the information they need at their fingertips.

The integration with Cvent makes updating the app a breeze. You can also upload images, PFD's, documents, etc. for your attendees to have on hand when needed.

What do you dislike?

The foodservice industry is always 5 years behind in technology compared to all other industries. We work with older generations that don't see the ease in downloading the app. I don't think this is a dislike on Cvent's side, but I wish there was a way to convince attendees that this app is totally worth the event experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is worth all the money and it gives your attendees a unique user experience

Decreasing the number of printed items (saving the environment), better attendee interaction (game feature, social wall, appointments, etc.).

CrowdCompass review by Bouran Q.
Bouran Q.

"Take the Attendee Experience to the next level!"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass is a fantastic event tool that is not only easy to use from the build side, but easy to teach attendees how to use (even those that are not tech savvy!) Since introducing the mobile app at our conference two years ago, we've really upped the attendee experience and level of engagement and excitement. The ability to pull detailed report on engagement metrics is a plus.

What do you dislike?

Going through Attendee Hub can be cumbersome when teaching attendees how to download the app; it's not difficult by any means, but adds a slight level of complexity. It would be great to have additional features within the app for gamification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the great things about using CrowdCompass is the ease of building the product as an admin. You don't need advanced tech skills to be able to build the app. Customer Support is always available and lots of great tutorials and resources, not to mention the individual support from your project coordinator.

Communication with attendees was important, ensuring they knew where to be and when, and having all of the information they needed to minimize the need to ask questions. One of the biggest benefits - in addition to huge $$$ savings of reducing printing costs - was improving attendee engagement and feedback. The surveys, gamification, and ability of attendees to network and share has been a huge win and the feedback has been "off-the-charts" positive in regards to the app.

CrowdCompass review by Tori M.
Tori M.

"An excellent experience for my attendees and me"

What do you like best?

The app was easy to build and maintain and pretty comprehensive. After the initial phone call with my support rep, I really only needed to check in with her a few times for questions here and there. I received multiple compliments from attendees at the event about the look and use of the app.

What do you dislike?

Some of my Samsung users had trouble getting it to work properly. They would log in, but then as soon as they tried to use it it would ask them to log in again over and over. Eventually, we found a fix that involved clearing the cache, uninstalling, reinstalling, and logging in again, but the process was time-consuming.

Currently, the app does not have the ability to limit attendee numbers in sessions, but I understand this feature is about to come available in the new upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an exceptional product, but it is expensive. While we were in the evaluation stage, we had to admit that this was the " Lexus" product, not the "Honda."

This has saved us a ton of labor and money in print materials for our conference!

CrowdCompass review by Christine R.
Christine R.

"Structured and reliable system"

What do you like best?

The structured approach - there is a lot of pre-determined content which is nice because you dont have a lot of setup to go through. Look is pretty modern compared to other tools. Setup is quickand easy with ability to duplicate old event apps.

What do you dislike?

There hasnt been a lot of innovation in the engagement feature space. Gamification/Social are kind of strange to me...I think its 'trying to hard' when you are constantly pushing people to post things and promote someone elses event. I really wish they would create new features along the lines of 2-way engagement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try to download an app from another meeting and use it

The integration with Cvent was our biggest problem - condensing everything into one tool has been a game changer. The ability to use a tried and tested system for q&a plus live polling was crucial for us since we had never used it before.

CrowdCompass review by Mandy W.
Mandy W.

"CrowdCompass Review"

What do you like best?

I liked that you can add a map and link sessions to it so the attendees can see the location of each sessions. We used this feature when we had about 20 breakout rooms and the attendees loved it. I also liked that we could create an awards section and link that to the attendees so when another attendee looks at their profile they can see that they were an award winner. I also like the messaging feature- it worked very well when onsite with the client to get in touch with individual attendees.

What do you dislike?

Our attendees didn't like that their app was within the CrowdCompass app. Looking back, we should have opted to do the independent app within CrowdCompass. Also, some of our attendees who had older phones were not able to download the app because they didn't have the most recent operating system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely watch the tutorial videos and call/email your Cvent/CrowdCompass contact with questions/recommendations.

Reducing paper/manual emails, targeting a large amount of attendees at one time. A place to house all of the event information for the attendees to see while onsite for the program. The attendees loved having the app and not having to carry around a schedule. They liked that they were able to see all of the sessions available to them as well as their own personal schedule of sessions that they chose at registration. It was also nice that they were able to change which sessions that they signed up for right on the app.

CrowdCompass review by Emily Rose T.
Emily Rose T.

"A MUST App for all Conferences and events"

What do you like best?

This app is SO user friendly. A lot of my attendees are not necessarily the most tech-savvy people, but this app is so easy to use. They love how clear all the icons are and how everything they need is right in the palm of their hand! They can even access the app on their tablet, or from their laptop/desktop computer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish I could be a little more creative with the design, but other than that - it really does everything I could ask fo!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - we've had excellent success in implantation, and you won't know its worth until you try it.

Because of this app - our conference have gone completely paperless! Its been amazing. All schedules, Q&A, polling, bios, maps - its all right on the app!

CrowdCompass review by Ben N.
Ben N.

"Great app! Easy to use."

What do you like best?

The CMS is pretty intuitive and easy-to-use. The customer service was great - very responsive and helpful. Our attendees enjoyed it as well. We got a lot of great feedback about the look and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, we had to get creative and create a workaround to get all the content loaded that we wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend CrowdCompass. It's a great tool that was well-received by our attendees. Pricing is competitive. Customer support was fantastic, which (in my experience) is rare for products like this.

Connecting our members to each other. During our event, attendees used the personal messages and message boards to communicate and share with each other (including a LOT of photos), which made for a richer experience for them. As a social organization, that is hugely beneficial for us.

CrowdCompass review by Brenda A.
Brenda A.

"Interactive, powerful, and simple to configure conference app"

What do you like best?

Highly customizable, attractive, easy-to-use app with world class tech support that makes your conference both tech-forward and easy to navigate. Gamification included (two kinds) and again, customizable. Engage your attendees with games, live polls, surveys, push notifications, and interactive maps. Go paperless because you can give them every detail they need with the CrowdCompass app. This app is integrated with the Cvent Event Registration back-end, so sessions, attendees, and other data flows between them, which saves many hours of work. Cvent and CrowdCompass offers an end-to-end event management solution which is affordable and helps you show ROI/ROE.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. As additional tools are added, they integrations with Cvent e-Reg and CrowdCompass get tighter and better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very affordable conference app, easily customizable, world class support, chock full of powerful feathers and reporting, yet still simple to configure and use. The best solution for a conference app that offers data harnessing, attendee engagement, and is cross-platform (iOS, Android, HTML5) compatible.

CrowdCompass gives me a budget-friendly, easily customizable, powerful, and with exportable data to help my attendees navigate my event and network with each other. In addition my team is using interactive polling to engage with attendees within live sessions and to gather relevant, real-time data.

CrowdCompass review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Needs to recognize html"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. For the most part, provides the necessary components needed for meetings/conventions/conferences. I do like how the agenda/sessions are set up and how they can link to one-another via speaker, room name, etc. The ability to create a use tags helps to customize the app.

What do you dislike?

The only HTML that CrowdCompass accepts in the pages are some of the basic codes such paragraph "<p>", line-break <br> , "div", bold <b> or <strong>, etc. I would like to be able to customize the pages more, especially use an unordered list HTML. Additionally, inserting an image into a page, not as an attachment that displays, would also be beneficial. Currently a page looks plain - impossible to fix it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. The help section is well-written so answers can be found there without having to make a phone call.

Helps direct attendees to their session(s), keynote speaker(s), meeting(s), breakfast/lunch/breaks, etc.

CrowdCompass review by Marissa W.
Marissa W.

"CrowdCompass makes app building easy for first timers!"

What do you like best?

I have lots of experience with Cvent Event Management software, and just recently built my first app with CrowdCompass. I am sure my familiarity with Cvent helped, but I think even without that experience, the app would have been easy to build. I really like the ease of navigation and how quickly you can see the updates you have made.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to review your app online and that it did not require you to have your own device to review. I understand the reasoning behind it, but sometimes wish my phone wasn't tied up while I am testing apps.

We have been able to save money, help the enviroment, and quickly solve last minute issues with CrowdCompass! HAving the ability to send out push notifications in case of emergency is an invaluable tool. We have been able to use the app to communicate location changes, last minute activity cancellations, and even emergency procedures in the case of severe weather events.

CrowdCompass review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"Crowd Compass is an amazing product!"

What do you like best?

I currently use crowd compass for my conference app with Cvent. I love the seamless interaction between the two programs. The app functions are perfect for what we use it for and they are always updating it with new capabilities for a more interactive experience.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had "stock survey questions" for post meeting surveys. Sometimes it feels a little intense when creating the required images for each device and making it look cohesive. Although, I may feel this way because I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the look of the event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is spot on and very helpful. I get a response when I have a question or issue quickly. The program spells it out for even the most "un-techy" person. I completely reccommend using this program with cvent because it is a seamless sync for information from event details to the app. It is easily adjusted and can be modified to the nth degree.

Making our annual conference more accessible for attendees, less use of printed paper and waste, and giving our event a modern feel. This encourages our older attendees to embrace technology and interact within the event.

CrowdCompass review by Megan G.
Megan G.

"If you're using Cvent, going with CrowdCompass as your mobile event app solution is a NO BRAINER!"

What do you like best?

The app is easy to build on the back end and integrates seamlessly with Cvent, thus eliminating half the work of loading content into two platforms. Less work equals happier event planners!

What do you dislike?

We have an Account Manager who assisted with setting the app up for us, which was easy enough, but after that it seemed like we were on our own to learn it. Although it is intuitive, access to basic training seemed limited in our case. Also, we hired Cvent Creative Services to create a new template for our reg sites, invitations, etc and that process was not only pricey, but deadlines were missed and it seemed as if there was just a lack of communication and our vision was lost in translation at times. We were very disappointed with that process.

We are more efficient as a small events team -- this cuts down on a lot of manual content loading. This also allows us to communicate more effectively with our attendees if we are not onsite. We can pre-load canned notifications. By using Cvent and CrowdCompass we project a consistent branding, as well as give our attendees a more professional, well-executed event experience. They love the app!

CrowdCompass review by Amara G.
Amara G.

"CrowdCompass is great, but some updates needed"

What do you like best?

Creating our event app through CrowdCompass is simple to use and there is a lot of help throughout the process. For our attendees, CrowdCompass takes our events to the next level with the Scavenger Hunt, providing documents online/in the app and so many opportunities to connect with attendees.

What do you dislike?

If you are over 1,500 attendees then it doesn't list everyone's name in the attendees. There needs to be more reporting features such as who opens notifications, who looks at sessions, who looks at speakers. The map feature could use geolocation so attendees know where they are.

We are more eco-friendly, as we no longer have to print thousands of pages in handouts or programs. We have more opportunities to market our products and target attendees onsite. We are able to make the experience more enjoyable through Click the Scavenger Hunt game.

CrowdCompass review by Lacey A.
Lacey A.

"CrowdCompass is worth the investment!!"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass is easy to use both on the building/administrative side as well as the attendee facing side. The ability to edit as we go / send push notifications at any time allows us to immediately update attendees at the conference without having to worry. Also, our attendees love that they can have access to all presentations and take notes within a session vs. having to send out presentation materials after the event.

What do you dislike?

One of my only complaints about CrowdCompass is hidden sessions still pull through on the app vs. staying hidden. We often have last minute requests from our stakeholders for a VIP dinner or activity that we build in Cvent so it pulls through on attendees final confirmation agenda. However, when we integrate into CrowdCompass, that session is no longer hidden and is visible in the agenda page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize all features if/when you can!

We no longer need to spend hours or even days printing and manually assembling n-site packets. With the app, we can simply integrate via Cvent and advertise to attendees to download the app. Also, as mentioned above, we can manage last minute changes much quicker and easier!

CrowdCompass review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"The App Surprised Me"

What do you like best?

After working with technology that continuously fell short on performance, I was surprised by the success of CrowdCompass. The massive features it promised didn't seem like it could possibly result in easy use - but it is very easy to use! I've never seen a back-end system so intuitive. I wish Cvent could design all of our other operations software!

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have even fully utilized all the services available on the crowdcompass app, so it is hard to say. I will say, however, that the reporting metrics would be better if it could produce a quick one-page with pertinent use information I could hand to management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow the advertisement walk through. Getting people onboarded with our app BEFORE the event was key to its success. Also, we offered a raffle and give-aways following the event to those who were the most interactive.

We were trying to solve the issue of printing programs for our annual conference. It was intended to allow us to make changes up to the day, as a program is often outdated the moment it is printed.

In addition to successfully delivery a calendar for our attendees, we ended up with the unintended side effect of receiving valuable feedback from our users about each session. The volume of evaluations submitted for each workshop was certainly more detailed (and more in quantity) than we ever could have expected to receive in person. It helped us immensely in planning for the next year's conference.

CrowdCompass review by Christopher P.
Christopher P.

"Tons of customization at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

Being able to make program and speaker changes on the fly, along with the ability to notify all of our attendees within minutes of the change was a great tool to have. Being able to create smaller groups to send targeted notifications was a huge help.

What do you dislike?

The verification code system was an issue for us, a lot of our attendees are unable to receive their work e-mails on their phone, but for reimbursement reasons, most register for our event using their work e-mails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have an aging demographic for our conference, but that hasn't really mattered with adoption. While at first people may complain about having to switch over from paper, once they see the benefits of the app it changes their mind. Also make sure you have a dedicated person to make changes and updates on the days of the event.

We have been able to get away from needing paper manuals which eliminates issues with last minute changes and cancellations. We are noticing a much higher rate of engagement with our attendees post e-vent. We are hoping this leads to more attendees next year.

CrowdCompass review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Customizable for various needs"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to clone previous events, rotating banners, attendee messaging within app and the integration with Cvent.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more integration points for Cvent. For example, it would be very helpful to be able to access files within Crowd Compass that attendees upload during the Cvent registration process. At the moment, these files need to be downloaded from Cvent and imported into Crowd Compass.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be the most affordable app available that integrates with Cvent free of charge and has so many features (without additional charges). If you don't need rotating banners, attendee messaging, cloning previous events and Cvent integration then there are less expensive options with other app companies.

We are able to be virtually paperless at our events and any last minute changes to the agenda can easily be changed and available to all attendees.

CrowdCompass review by Chels B.
Chels B.

"Setting the Bar High: How CrowdCompass has Evolved Into Mobile Event Apps Industry Leader"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how many features there are and how customizable many of them are - and if they're not currently as customizable as one might wish - they're making enhancements and improvements constantly! The resources such as "Teaching Attendees" templates which help you build custom instructions for your users is extremely helpful and can be used again and again for multiple events. Product consultants, aka CrowdCompass reps, are always so pleasant and helpful whenever you have a question or don't know how to implement information in a certain way. The ability to filter and tag content placed on launch icons is very useful for someone like me who uses the app to house mass-amounts of information and data.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I don't dislike much about Crowd Compass and am seldom frustrated with the software, however the recent change to the overall landscape of CrowdCompass due to an Apple Policy update was pretty inconvenient and forced us to re-teach and explain ourselves and the reasoning behind it to our well-seasoned attendees who have had our branded app downloaded and on their devices since its inception over 4 years ago. I also am not fond of how they convey the release of new features or updates to existing features. There is not an email (that I am aware of) that's sent out or newsletter and it's up to you, the user, to find these things out for yourself... usually through stumbling upon them while building your app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a template app solutions for your events rather than hiring someone to develop or developing the app from scratch yourself - then CrowdCompass is by far the superior choice and solution for you. DO note however that they no longer offer stand-alone "branded" apps that appear as a unique app on your device, and instead now ALL apps associated with CC are housed in a container app called the Attendeehub.

We are solving the reliance that our attendees previously had on printed programs, saving thousands of dollars in printing costs, providing sponsorship options that essentially pay for the app twice over, minimizing agenda errors by having the ability to send out push notifications if something changes that previously would have been printed in the agenda with the incorrect information and we had no way of solving it.

CrowdCompass review by Tammy T.
Tammy T.

"Worked better than I did!"

What do you like best?

Provides instant communication with our guests, letting them know about last minute changes. We had last minute location changes due to weather and everyone who was using the App knew where to find us more easily. Also, the floorplan aspect is super useful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to do with the App but it's hard to get all of our guests to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CrowdCompass is a great tool which we are not yet using to its full potential. Try it first for instant communication of changes for locations, events, etc. Then use it for your meeting evaluation/surveys.

It is alwasy hard to communicate with folks once they are on-site but not in the meeting rooms. The app allows us to have communication at large events and we had our event survey pushed out this way. It was fast and easy.

CrowdCompass review by Bruce B.
Bruce B.

"Cvent for Apps"

What do you like best?

The Cvent people have been great to work with. They have helped us since the inception to provide a helping hand and address all of our needs as App rookies.

What do you dislike?

There are aspects of the App that are limited. We would like to be able to give more accolades to our working partners, and this is not an option. We would also prefer to have a long running day to day app, but we need to function as an 'event' instead. As we added our convention app, it was a secondary event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review all of your needs to ensure it will meet them.

We have had a great 'take rate' of our app by our membership. This has helped us to get more word out to them.

CrowdCompass review by Senia B.
Senia B.

"Best Mobile App Ever"

What do you like best?

Everything about this app product is amazing. The ease of use is so simple! When integrated with CVENT, sending the app and updates to the event to all attendees is so easy. The app layout for users is so user-friendly! Had many users say how easy it was to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could see an attendees schedule in one glance. To put together an attendee's schedule, I had to first find which group they were in, then find which sessions had that group in them.

A way better app for our attendees to use at & before the conference. Better informed users at & before the conference.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Simple addition to modernize your event"

What do you like best?

I love how easy they make it to build a mobile app and that it integrates with Cvent, so all of the information/attendees from our event syncs over to CrowdCompass.

What do you dislike?

The only issues I've had recently have now been addressed. The biggest issue for us was attendees not being able to add a session in the mobile app and it not syncing back to Cvent Event Management. Because of this, attendees would think they are registered for a session, when they really aren't. CrowdCompass has recently updated this and now this is possible. This makes a world of difference for us!

Saving money by not printing conference guides and other materials, ability to monetize with sponsorships, able to send updates/changes to attendees, keep them engaged at the event.

We've used CrowdCompass for at least 5 years now, having a mobile app is not just about the benefits. In my opinion, it's a necessity for events in this day and age. If you are not using one at your event, you're doing a disservice to your attendees.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Great app that is easy to setup and manage"

What do you like best?

The best thing about the app is the easy tie-in to Cvent for pulling session, attendee, and other data. After it is set up, the app is pretty much hands off. It is also easy to use for both the app manager, but also the attendees. Since we have started using the app, we get far fewer questions at our registration table.

What do you dislike?

Right now my biggest dislike is on the Cvent side, because when I import my sessions, it won't let me choose to allow attendees to update their sessions in the app...that is a setting I have to manually go in and change on each session. I also wish the booth information for our vendors would sync like the other data, but it's easy to import, so not a huge deal.

It is a great tool to use at our conference for attendees to quickly look at and update their sessions and see their schedule. The maps are a great way for attendees to find out where they need to go as well.

CrowdCompass review by Julie-Michelle D.
Julie-Michelle D.

"Coming of Age at Meetings"

What do you like best?

I LOVE push notifications to inform people of last minute changes. We had a dinner scheduled in a covered breezeway and though it was sunny, the wind was fierce. When we had to move the reception to an indoor location on a different floor, I just sent out a notification and everyone knew where to go. I've also used it to alert people to items left behind after a conference had just ended in hopes they could pick it up before departing for the airport.

What do you dislike?

The API integration doesn't always transfer from Cvent. There have been times I've made an update in Cvent then had to go back and force the syncing. There are times that users will still have to exit out of the event then manually refresh the app to get the information even after we do an API push. The new two-step verification to log in is also a bit frustrating. While it's rather self-explanatory to use, it takes a bit longer to log in. I am all for having the verification in place, but it seems like if you click a download link from your email on your profile, that should be verification enough. The easier it is to log in to an event, the higher the adoption rate will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend not trying to implement Cvent and CrowdCompass at the same time. Spend a year getting fully acclimated to Cvent and its features, then work on CrowdCompass. While both are relatively user friendly, the last thing a meeting planner needs is the added stress of two new technological features while executing an event. You will certainly want to begin working on your first CrowdCompass event early to ensure everything can get approved by Apple and Android. We had issues when our first event went out along with the iOS8 update causing a lot of our information to be lost in technological Neverland.

We have saved over 32 man hours by not printing, plus over $3000 in printing/shipping costs for our 100 person events. We don't have to worry about outdated presentations and information due to printing deadlines. Our attendees love not toting around binders throughout the conferences. We can also use the password protection on the events which makes our information more secure than when we were having papers left behind in rooms and our staff had to run through retrieving information before the hotel staff could pick them up (even though we state any papers left behind had to be returned to us, they weren't always handed back). We used to ship all papers left behind back to the office to shred. Now we save on the shipping cost to get materials back to the office and we save on time shredding.

CrowdCompass review by Danielle D.
Danielle D.

"Simple Powerful Flexible Tool"

What do you like best?

I love that the tool is close to ready out of the box, but still leaves room for customization if desired. It is flexible enough for us to use for a wide range of event types, but easy enough that we don't need a fulltime staff to set it up. Cvent is constantly updating the software to meet new needs we didn't know we had.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see more integration (there is already some) between other Cvent onsite tools like SocialWall, Click, and the Activity Feed so that all that great interaction can be displayed in one place.

Saves us money with less printing. Increases attendee engagement with gamefication. Allows us to make changes on the fly without anyone noticing it was a change to begin with. Allows us to provide personalized experiences to our attendees with agendas based on sessions they previously registered for, send push notifications to specific groups of targeted people. Allows us a way to quickly communicate in emergency situations.

CrowdCompass review by Emma B.
Emma B.

"Best in Class"

What do you like best?

We have used CrowdCompass for our event for the past 5 years and I am always pleased with the experience each time. On it's own, it's a great mobile app platform and interface, however when paired with Cvent it's unbeatable. The ability for my attendees to sync their sessions from registration to the app is fantastic - they can then continue to update or adjust from there. Push notifications, live Q&A, and a seamless build experience all make for a great product. Most recently, the improved log-in process has made attendees even more likely to download the app.

What do you dislike?

There are pieces of the Cvent/CrowdCompass integration that still need work. Certain parts of information don't carry over from Cvent to CrowdCompass such as rooms, speakers, etc. This creates extra/double work which is frustrating.

Our company started to experiment with mobile apps in 2011, seeing the benefit for a way to interact and manage attendees from a mobile device. After 2 years with CrowdCompass I had established trust that we could get rid of our conference program and solely utilize the mobile app. This was a big risk, but well worth it. Financially we saved ~$25-30K that year in printing and shipping costs; just as, or almost more valuable is the time saved from not having to put together, continuous proofing, etc. Also, environmentally friendly! That year we received just 2 "complaints" about no printed program and in the years since we have grown our download rate to 94%! Saving time, money and trees but getting rid of a printed program has been a decision well worth it.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"CrowdCompass Pro's and Con's"

What do you like best?

The inter-connectivity of the agenda with the speakers and the map!

What do you dislike?

I could not figure out how to make changes to the app from my phone. Also, a lot of our attendees were government employees or work for companies with really strict firewalls. Because of this, the verification emails were getting put into their spam or quarantine folders and they couldn't easily find or access them to get on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We were very happy with the number of people who decided to utilize the app during our conference. The Click game was a great way to get participants involved and to have a large reservoir of photos from the conference afterwards.

We wanted to a have a electronic form of the agenda and just create and interactive experience at the conference we were hosting. We had a number of our participants adopt and utilize the app as an interactive and useful tool.

CrowdCompass review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"Game Changer!"

What do you like best?

Adding Crowd Compass to our yearly event was a true game changer. Employees were so impressed with the tool and it was so easy to roll out. Our adoption rate was almost 100%!

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here. I did have to contact my rep a few times for reminders on how to create content but once I had the basics I found the tool very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I found the push notificatios to be great reminders about sessions, off site events, and meals. I don't know how I did without it!

Crowd Compass was a great way to post changes in real time during our event. This was incredibly helpful! We also used the Click game which people really got into! We got a ton of positive feedback on that part that I did not expect.

CrowdCompass review by Jillian H.
Jillian H.

"Great App Option!"

What do you like best?

Push notifications are great while onsite for sharing updates and need to know information!! They are so easy to create and I like how you can set them up in advance as well as right when you need to send them! Seamless integration from cvent. Support team is great and very helpful!

What do you dislike?

It can be time consuming to create groups for push notifications. I wish there was a way of importing or being able to see the entire list of Participants with in the system to select to be added to a group for push notifications. Also, seems kind of limited on the surveys and I wish they would copy over from a previous program. it would also be helpful if you could test the app with in a browser/online while building.

Going green! its great to provide information electronically rather than wasting paper using booklets and pamplets. Also, being able to update information in real time and or send push notifications to communicate changes in location, last minute activity updates and or cancellations, and even emergency procedures in the case of severe weather.

CrowdCompass review by Shannon H.
Shannon H.

"Easy to use and seamless with cvent"

What do you like best?

It is really simple to set up and updates automatically. Also, I like that is syncs with cvent so my attendees and schedule links. I like that you can work on an excel document and then just upload it. The feature of sending push notifications and update information immediately is very helpful for last minute changes.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little tedious having to create a page, then link it under the launch icon you want. It would be nice if you could just add content under the icons directly

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is most helpful if you use cvent as well. This way registration information can push over automatically.

it is helping with any last minute changes and reminders. We can make any updated in the app, or send out reminder notification to all attendees. I would like this to replace our printing in the future to save that cost and give us more time and flexibility with changes. Last year we had a speaker leave the company the week before and had to reprint all of our programs. If we moved to just the app, this would have saved us $4K.

CrowdCompass review by Pamela O.
Pamela O.

"CrowdCompass Makes Events Easy to Navigate"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up, integrates with Cvent, and intuitive for end users to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Survey tool is limited right now, and existing surveys don’t copy when you copy an event; but CC makes continual updates and improvements, so it won’t stay like that for long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are great to work with, and if you are a Cvent client, the integration makes event set up even easier. For us, though, it was most important that the app was easy to use for our attendees, and CrowdCompass fits that bill to a tee.

We no longer copy handouts for our events, everything is housed in the app. Presentations can be updated on the go, unlike paper copies or pre-loaded USB drives. Attendees interact more doing Click challenges.

CrowdCompass review by Selena F.
Selena F.

"Decent App for Events"

What do you like best?

The app allows our attendees to bookmark specific speakers and add sessions to their individual schedules.

What do you dislike?

Having to host our app in "Attendee Hub" is a major drawback. Our attendees cannot easily search for our conference's mobile app in the App Store and many don't end up downloading it because they can't find it. It has caused a substantial decline in our mobile app users.

We are using CrowdCompass as a mobile app for our annual conference for attendees to search and view sessions, network with one another, rate individual sessions, and interact with our social media.

CrowdCompass review by Amanda M.
Amanda M.

"Helpful tool for boosting conference attendee engagement"

What do you like best?

As a companion to our conference's CVENT event management system, CrowdCompass was very easy to build out and update in real time. With CVENT in place, the integration with CrowdCompass made for a seamless sharing of data that kept information fresh and our attendees able to access what they needed from the event app.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit pricey for our relatively small conference, but we see it as a crucial investment for our event.

With the CrowdCompass app, our attendees have the information they need in the palm of their hand. They can use the map to navigate within the location, set their schedule, and plan meetings with fellow attendees. That frees up my staff to have better, more valuable engagements with attendees and improves the overall experience for guests.

"CrowdCompass by Cvent"

What do you like best?

Great mobile app for attendees to use! It allows attendees to view their schedule as well as the ability to modify their schedule after the conference has begun. The ability to send push notifications out to all attendees who have downloaded the app has been very helpful especially when events change location due to weather, sessions run long and we need to modify the schedule, etc.

What do you dislike?

We used to have the ability to have a "stand alone" app that faced our conference logo but recently, we've had to change to using AttendeeHub which I think is a little more user friendly but does not allow for our conference logo to be the widget/icon on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Cvent, CrowdCompass is the mobile app for you. It has the ability to send information back and forth which really cuts down on data or information entry.

We save money by printing fewer schedules, speaker info, etc. because we are able to publish all the information on the app. We can give attendees a lot more information than we could prior to having the app.

CrowdCompass review by Cindy R.
Cindy R.

"Streamlined Planning & Attendee Experience"

What do you like best?

Crowd Compass has allowed us to replace our cumbersome workbooks with the event app, saving money on production and shipping. The app also allows greater time for our presenters to finalize presentations in the event planning phase, and even allows up-to-the-minute changes to occur seamlessly. The app also enhances the check-in experience, as we are not handing out bulky workbooks to each person at the registration desk. They are able to participate in the meeting with just their phone in hand, viewing presentation materials, answering in-session polls and post-session surveys, taking e-notes, viewing speaker profiles and connecting in a social way...all within the event app.

What do you dislike?

We are still working out some kinks regarding Cvent to Crowd Compass integration. Becoming educated about the "tracks" function has been the most challenging task, with our Cvent and CC contacts sending us back and forth.

As mentioned above, we are saving on production and shipping cost for workbooks. The app is a time-saving tool, allowing us to copy one event when creating a new event. Our attendees are more engaged, with over 90% app adoption rate. Overall, Crowd Compass empowers us as we continue to chisel away at our event budget and look for time-saving solutions, while producing powerful and professional events in for our growing work force, providing a generous ROI for our company.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Best Event App I have used!"

What do you like best?

I really love CrowdCompass and the ease of configuring it to be exactly what you want it to be. With my experience most event apps are "out of the box" apps, meaning you get whats in it and really nothing else. CrowdCompass has raised the bar, with this mobile app I am able to customize it and build it to meet my exact needs.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about CrowdCompass really has nothing to do with CrowdCompass itself and has more to do with Apple apps in general. In 2017, a change was made across Apple apps to change the way attendees can log in to CrowdCompass. With the new change the link for attendees to log-in expired after 24 hours. This made onsite registration a little hectic because anyone who did not download and log-in to their app immediately had to wait for us to resend them a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try CrowdCompass before turning it away! It looks a lot more complicated then it is and once you are using it hands on you will see how easy and useful this tool is!

With CrowdCompass we have solved a lot of onsite hassle. Attendees do not have to carry around a large and bulky agenda in order to navigate and view sessions. Attendees are also able to customize their "track" of sessions. Another way we use the app is to quickly send out updated information onsite. If a session was moved to another room or if the KeyNote session is delayed we can send those push notifications through the app as a quick way to give our attendees updated info.

CrowdCompass review by Jayme P.
Jayme P.

"Can't wait to begin ... read more to find out what we are waiting for ......."

What do you like best?

The mobile app, all on-site experiences, options to integrate, Cvent support

What do you dislike?

so much to navigate through ... how will we ever learn in a timely fashion!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend the convention, establish a relationship with your Cvent provided team member, ask questions, don't hesitate

Our company has not yet begun to utilize all that Cvent has to offer ... 4 of our team members attended Cvent live this summer and soaked in everything Cvent provided us at that convention. We were immediately hooked on how incorporating Cvent into our convention pre-planning, during and post could enhance everything we do and every experience our attendees have. We brought our ideas back, pitched our thoughts, and we are now waiting for Jan to begin ... hold tight until I can get back with you all on the beginning of our journey

CrowdCompass review by Jaime  H.
Jaime H.

"Saving Paper and Time like a Champ!"

What do you like best?

I love that we can share documents with attendees in real-time (as well as get immediate feedback via session ratings). It's so fun to see how people engage in the app prior to the event. From an event planner perspective, making changes in the app is quick and easy! We've eliminated the need for 90% of the paper we used to ship to events. Amazing!

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like about Crowd Compass. Many of our issues with the app were addressed and improved right away with the help of our awesome account manager.

We're saving paper and time by using Crowd Compass. We're also adding one more opportunity for attendees to connect with each other prior to and following the event. Some groups are more engaged than others, but our app usage has increased from 40% to 64% over the past two years of using Crowd Compass...that's a win in our book!

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Excellent customer support and intuitive User Interface"

What do you like best?

The user interface was way better than a previous event app software our team had used. The survey tools made it super easy to disseminate evaluations and were surprisingly sophisticated (getting close to qualtrics/survey monkey level sophisticated), and of course you can export data to an excel sheet which was very useful. The customer service was fantastic, whenever I called with issues, the issue was taken care of in minutes, I can't remember waiting to speak to anyone.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could have given VIP admin access for the sessions to the speakers of those sessions. Having the speakers upload their materials created a little confusion for attendees. This would be the biggest complaint. I would have also liked some sort of repository of all speaker uploads but that isn't as much of a big deal.

The app really helped streamline some of our event information dissemination and that was greatly appreciated.

CrowdCompass review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Industry Leader with come issues"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass knows what they are doing, they are clearly the leader in event software, the customer service is always available and helpful, and they adopt many new features as they are introduced in the market as whole.

What do you dislike?

The back end can be improved. It seems like nothing is where you would expect it to be. I have contacted customer service so many times with simple requests just because I didn't know where to go on the back end. In addition, there are some simple things I think could be improved, like having the red notification number for push notifications on the icon itself to attract users to click on the app. The games are a great feature, but could use more flexibility, the photo hunt is easily cheat-able, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your clients will want it because it is the most popular product, but you will need to have some patience in getting used to the back end.

Customers love the apps, they have only positive things to say, its just issues we've run into in creating the app.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"User friendly for all involved"

What do you like best?

I like the creative freedom one has on the backend of CrowdCompass. I enjoy how clear the backend and also the Knowledge Center are in terms of what is necessary to create the best app possible. Everyone who works for Cvent and CrowdCompass specifically is very helpful and offers extra insights. I think CrowdCompass heightens the attendees' experiences at every event--there is something for everyone.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I particularly dislike...I think there a few enhancements that CrowdCompass is mostly likely in the process of working on. Just a few simple, extra options for organization on the backend, in order to fit the random needs an organization might have while putting on an event.

There are business benefits in terms of showcases sponsors properly, which has been a major strength for our organization.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Great overall for employee engagement and communication."

What do you like best?

Ability to put all event information in one place that is easily accessible. Activity feed was a great way for the attendees to stay engaged and build excitement for the meeting. Uploading sessions was a great time saver.

What do you dislike?

When building the app, it would be nice to have the ability to upload groups. It is a nice feature for sessions. With groups, it is extremely time consuming to manually create the groups. Although groups can be integrated from the Event Management site, often times those groups are not identified until after the registration closes. Also, it would be nice it the APP did not log you off and you didn't have to request a verification code. Maybe a feature i am not aware of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the offered trainings.

Not necessarily a problem with our business, but in regards to managing meetings onsite, it is a huge benefit. Employee engagement is always in question when you have a 3-5 day long meetings. The Game, Activity Feed and personalized schedules allowed for a break in the heavy content meetings and offer fun.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great app for any event"

What do you like best?

The backend UI is really easy to use and intuitive. Now that I've used CrowdCompass a few times for events, it's really easy; like I'm on auto-pilot. The user interface is also really easy to use and makes running an event seamless.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is that many of the features that CrowdCompass has and pitches as being part of the app, are actually add-ons. They work perfectly within the app; it's just frustrating when you're told a feature is part of the app, but actually requires an additional fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand which features you are actually getting when you sign a contract. The extra features cost additional fees.

We use the app for both internal and customer-facing events to disseminate all information regarding our events, from the schedule to venue maps to push notifications. It has made our events virtually paperless; no more schedule printouts or big packets for attendees. Plus, it makes communicating changes or updates with attendees a breeze!

CrowdCompass review by Kate O.
Kate O.

"Navigating Events Made Easy"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass offers an intuitive design that makes for a streamlined user experience. That in combination with the contact "sharing" option means that your event attendees have all of the information that they need - or could want - right at their finger tips.

What do you dislike?

Set up can be a lengthy process. But, Cvent's help and support is second to none, so the process is a smooth one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be thoughtful about how you want to leverage this event tech. Come to the table with a clear vision and specific goals that you want to achieve. That clarity will be invaluable in helping to ensure that CrowdCompass gives you the maximum benefit for helping to manage your event.

Difficulties around session information updates, attendee notifications, venue maps, and even engagement through gamification are all housed in one central location. Time, money, and materials are conserved by leveraging CrowdCompass, especially for large or complex events.

CrowdCompass review by Ayan T.
Ayan T.

"CrowdCompass took our company into the next century"

What do you like best?

For being a relatively small company, CrowdCompass makes our company look like we have advanced into the 22nd century (the future). Our customers love it and think it's very clever being able to interact with it on site.

What do you dislike?

Our customers like the app, however for every traeshow we have, we need to cupdate the inks for the app. It would be great if the app detected location and automatically detected which app would work for them

Saving thousands a year on the paper agenda printed and time saved collecting feed back of sessions.

CrowdCompass review by Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.

"CrowdCompass - Great for Providing a Customer Service Friendly Event"

What do you like best?

I like that you can make it as easy or as complicated as you want. CrowdCompass is MUCH more user friendly than Cvent.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above, with it being more user friendly, it does not have full integration with Cvent. For example, I wish it carried over Speakers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let Cvent scare you away! CrowdCompass is so much better. We have even added on more events to include internal meetings as we find it so useful.

We needed a reliable source for communicating at events. For example, if dinner changes locations, if we want to do live polling, or provide a map of the hotel.

CrowdCompass review by User

"Great options for Event Planners"

What do you like best?

Using the Crowd Compass mobile app, we are able to change things on the go, even day-of our event! If a speaker changes, we can take them right out of the app. We also use the Push Notifications feature to send reminders out to our participants when they should be moving to the buses...etc.

The agenda allows us to not print anything for our participants and get the schedule out to them that is accurate. We have them download it a few weeks out and they can see what we have planned but if anything changes, they will have the most up to date agenda when they arrive that day.

What do you dislike?

Speaker headshots in the app are small and hard to see. We have to add the pictures in as an additional attachment to be able to see them better.

Push notifications have to be approved by the phone user. We have a few people who did not enable the notifications and therefore didnt receive the notifications. While we love to use the notifications, we realize that they are not the only way we need to communicate with our attendees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We purchased Cvent as well and integrate our registrations into the CrowdCompass app. Highly recommended.

PAPER SAVINGS! We do not print anything for our program. Everything is loadable into the app. The ability to access the event even after it is over has been hugely beneficial.

The branding of our organization is carried throughout the app. It makes us look more professional and aligned with our brand.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Robust package - great user and admin experience"

What do you like best?

The interface is so user friendly, we no longer need to involve IT to get our event app going. We used the CrowdCompass twice so far and it has seriously improved our attendees experience. We added features the second time around and plan on continuing to do so.

What do you dislike?

There are a few places that don't seem to completely sync with Cvent (room location for instance) and that would save us time.

CrowdCompass allow us to connect our users and staff. It allows our users to have a much better experience on site and save a lot of staff time answering questions on the schedule. We can focus on networking with people. The polling and live Q&A features have made a difference to the way we interact with our attendees.

Learn more about CrowdCompass

CrowdCompass Videos

Learning about CrowdCompass?

* We monitor all CrowdCompass reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.