CrowdCompass

CrowdCompass

CrowdCompass by Cvent develops and delivers leading edge mobile device solutions for the global event and meeting market.

Work for CrowdCompass?

Learning about CrowdCompass?

CrowdCompass Reviews

Ask CrowdCompass a Question
Showing 133 CrowdCompass reviews
CrowdCompass review by <span>Marissa W.</span>
Marissa W.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

CrowdCompass makes app building easy for first timers!

What do you like best?

I have lots of experience with Cvent Event Management software, and just recently built my first app with CrowdCompass. I am sure my familiarity with Cvent helped, but I think even without that experience, the app would have been easy to build. I really like the ease of navigation and how quickly you can see the updates you have made.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to review your app online and that it did not require you to have your own device to review. I understand the reasoning behind it, but sometimes wish my phone wasn't tied up while I am testing apps.

We have been able to save money, help the enviroment, and quickly solve last minute issues with CrowdCompass! HAving the ability to send out push notifications in case of emergency is an invaluable tool. We have been able to use the app to communicate location changes, last minute activity cancellations, and even emergency procedures in the case of severe weather events.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CrowdCompass
CrowdCompass review by <span>Rebecca C.</span>
Rebecca C.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Crowd Compass is an amazing product!

What do you like best?

I currently use crowd compass for my conference app with Cvent. I love the seamless interaction between the two programs. The app functions are perfect for what we use it for and they are always updating it with new capabilities for a more interactive experience.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had "stock survey questions" for post meeting surveys. Sometimes it feels a little intense when creating the required images for each device and making it look cohesive. Although, I may feel this way because I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the look of the event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is spot on and very helpful. I get a response when I have a question or issue quickly. The program spells it out for even the most "un-techy" person. I completely reccommend using this program with cvent because it is a seamless sync for information from event details to the app. It is easily adjusted and can be modified to the nth degree.

Making our annual conference more accessible for attendees, less use of printed paper and waste, and giving our event a modern feel. This encourages our older attendees to embrace technology and interact within the event.

What Mobile Event Apps solution do you use?

CrowdCompass review by <span>Megan G.</span>
Megan G.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

If you're using Cvent, going with CrowdCompass as your mobile event app solution is a NO BRAINER!

What do you like best?

The app is easy to build on the back end and integrates seamlessly with Cvent, thus eliminating half the work of loading content into two platforms. Less work equals happier event planners!

What do you dislike?

We have an Account Manager who assisted with setting the app up for us, which was easy enough, but after that it seemed like we were on our own to learn it. Although it is intuitive, access to basic training seemed limited in our case. Also, we hired Cvent Creative Services to create a new template for our reg sites, invitations, etc and that process was not only pricey, but deadlines were missed and it seemed as if there was just a lack of communication and our vision was lost in translation at times. We were very disappointed with that process.

We are more efficient as a small events team -- this cuts down on a lot of manual content loading. This also allows us to communicate more effectively with our attendees if we are not onsite. We can pre-load canned notifications. By using Cvent and CrowdCompass we project a consistent branding, as well as give our attendees a more professional, well-executed event experience. They love the app!

CrowdCompass review by <span>Lacey A.</span>
Lacey A.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

CrowdCompass is worth the investment!!

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass is easy to use both on the building/administrative side as well as the attendee facing side. The ability to edit as we go / send push notifications at any time allows us to immediately update attendees at the conference without having to worry. Also, our attendees love that they can have access to all presentations and take notes within a session vs. having to send out presentation materials after the event.

What do you dislike?

One of my only complaints about CrowdCompass is hidden sessions still pull through on the app vs. staying hidden. We often have last minute requests from our stakeholders for a VIP dinner or activity that we build in Cvent so it pulls through on attendees final confirmation agenda. However, when we integrate into CrowdCompass, that session is no longer hidden and is visible in the agenda page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize all features if/when you can!

We no longer need to spend hours or even days printing and manually assembling n-site packets. With the app, we can simply integrate via Cvent and advertise to attendees to download the app. Also, as mentioned above, we can manage last minute changes much quicker and easier!

CrowdCompass review by <span>Keri W.</span>
Keri W.

Professional Results!

What do you like best?

I love the ability to edit on the fly and have my changes show up in minutes on the app. We've all had those changes come down from the C-Level at the last minute, and they have been very impressed at our ability to make the changes.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could edit within an app instead only via the web, but I carry my iPad with me to make changes and it works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

We no longer have the expense of printing a booklet for our conferences--the cost and employee time that we had to sink into the production of our booklets was significant! One person can now manage the entire app with ease! Additionally, if any changes or edits needed to be made, the book was already off to the printer a week before the event (at rush charges, no less) and inevitably changes would come down. Now we don't worry about them!

CrowdCompass review by <span>Amanda P.</span>
Amanda P.

The App Surprised Me

What do you like best?

After working with technology that continuously fell short on performance, I was surprised by the success of CrowdCompass. The massive features it promised didn't seem like it could possibly result in easy use - but it is very easy to use! I've never seen a back-end system so intuitive. I wish Cvent could design all of our other operations software!

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have even fully utilized all the services available on the crowdcompass app, so it is hard to say. I will say, however, that the reporting metrics would be better if it could produce a quick one-page with pertinent use information I could hand to management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow the advertisement walk through. Getting people onboarded with our app BEFORE the event was key to its success. Also, we offered a raffle and give-aways following the event to those who were the most interactive.

We were trying to solve the issue of printing programs for our annual conference. It was intended to allow us to make changes up to the day, as a program is often outdated the moment it is printed.

In addition to successfully delivery a calendar for our attendees, we ended up with the unintended side effect of receiving valuable feedback from our users about each session. The volume of evaluations submitted for each workshop was certainly more detailed (and more in quantity) than we ever could have expected to receive in person. It helped us immensely in planning for the next year's conference.

Learn more about CrowdCompass

CrowdCompass Videos

Learning about CrowdCompass?

* We monitor all CrowdCompass reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.