CrowdCompass

CrowdCompass

CrowdCompass by Cvent develops and delivers leading edge mobile device solutions for the global event and meeting market.

Work for CrowdCompass?

Learning about CrowdCompass?

CrowdCompass Reviews

Ask CrowdCompass a Question
Showing 244 CrowdCompass reviews
CrowdCompass review by Tori M.
Tori M.

"An excellent experience for my attendees and me"

What do you like best?

The app was easy to build and maintain and pretty comprehensive. After the initial phone call with my support rep, I really only needed to check in with her a few times for questions here and there. I received multiple compliments from attendees at the event about the look and use of the app.

What do you dislike?

Some of my Samsung users had trouble getting it to work properly. They would log in, but then as soon as they tried to use it it would ask them to log in again over and over. Eventually, we found a fix that involved clearing the cache, uninstalling, reinstalling, and logging in again, but the process was time-consuming.

Currently, the app does not have the ability to limit attendee numbers in sessions, but I understand this feature is about to come available in the new upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an exceptional product, but it is expensive. While we were in the evaluation stage, we had to admit that this was the " Lexus" product, not the "Honda."

This has saved us a ton of labor and money in print materials for our conference!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CrowdCompass
CrowdCompass review by Christine R.
Christine R.

"Structured and reliable system"

What do you like best?

The structured approach - there is a lot of pre-determined content which is nice because you dont have a lot of setup to go through. Look is pretty modern compared to other tools. Setup is quickand easy with ability to duplicate old event apps.

What do you dislike?

There hasnt been a lot of innovation in the engagement feature space. Gamification/Social are kind of strange to me...I think its 'trying to hard' when you are constantly pushing people to post things and promote someone elses event. I really wish they would create new features along the lines of 2-way engagement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try to download an app from another meeting and use it

The integration with Cvent was our biggest problem - condensing everything into one tool has been a game changer. The ability to use a tried and tested system for q&a plus live polling was crucial for us since we had never used it before.

What Mobile Event Apps solution do you use?

CrowdCompass review by Mandy W.
Mandy W.

"CrowdCompass Review"

What do you like best?

I liked that you can add a map and link sessions to it so the attendees can see the location of each sessions. We used this feature when we had about 20 breakout rooms and the attendees loved it. I also liked that we could create an awards section and link that to the attendees so when another attendee looks at their profile they can see that they were an award winner. I also like the messaging feature- it worked very well when onsite with the client to get in touch with individual attendees.

What do you dislike?

Our attendees didn't like that their app was within the CrowdCompass app. Looking back, we should have opted to do the independent app within CrowdCompass. Also, some of our attendees who had older phones were not able to download the app because they didn't have the most recent operating system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely watch the tutorial videos and call/email your Cvent/CrowdCompass contact with questions/recommendations.

Reducing paper/manual emails, targeting a large amount of attendees at one time. A place to house all of the event information for the attendees to see while onsite for the program. The attendees loved having the app and not having to carry around a schedule. They liked that they were able to see all of the sessions available to them as well as their own personal schedule of sessions that they chose at registration. It was also nice that they were able to change which sessions that they signed up for right on the app.

CrowdCompass review by Emily Rose T.
Emily Rose T.

"A MUST App for all Conferences and events"

What do you like best?

This app is SO user friendly. A lot of my attendees are not necessarily the most tech-savvy people, but this app is so easy to use. They love how clear all the icons are and how everything they need is right in the palm of their hand! They can even access the app on their tablet, or from their laptop/desktop computer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish I could be a little more creative with the design, but other than that - it really does everything I could ask fo!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - we've had excellent success in implantation, and you won't know its worth until you try it.

Because of this app - our conference have gone completely paperless! Its been amazing. All schedules, Q&A, polling, bios, maps - its all right on the app!

CrowdCompass review by Brenda A.
Brenda A.

"Interactive, powerful, and simple to configure conference app"

What do you like best?

Highly customizable, attractive, easy-to-use app with world class tech support that makes your conference both tech-forward and easy to navigate. Gamification included (two kinds) and again, customizable. Engage your attendees with games, live polls, surveys, push notifications, and interactive maps. Go paperless because you can give them every detail they need with the CrowdCompass app. This app is integrated with the Cvent Event Registration back-end, so sessions, attendees, and other data flows between them, which saves many hours of work. Cvent and CrowdCompass offers an end-to-end event management solution which is affordable and helps you show ROI/ROE.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. As additional tools are added, they integrations with Cvent e-Reg and CrowdCompass get tighter and better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very affordable conference app, easily customizable, world class support, chock full of powerful feathers and reporting, yet still simple to configure and use. The best solution for a conference app that offers data harnessing, attendee engagement, and is cross-platform (iOS, Android, HTML5) compatible.

CrowdCompass gives me a budget-friendly, easily customizable, powerful, and with exportable data to help my attendees navigate my event and network with each other. In addition my team is using interactive polling to engage with attendees within live sessions and to gather relevant, real-time data.

CrowdCompass review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Needs to recognize html"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. For the most part, provides the necessary components needed for meetings/conventions/conferences. I do like how the agenda/sessions are set up and how they can link to one-another via speaker, room name, etc. The ability to create a use tags helps to customize the app.

What do you dislike?

The only HTML that CrowdCompass accepts in the pages are some of the basic codes such paragraph "<p>", line-break <br> , "div", bold <b> or <strong>, etc. I would like to be able to customize the pages more, especially use an unordered list HTML. Additionally, inserting an image into a page, not as an attachment that displays, would also be beneficial. Currently a page looks plain - impossible to fix it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. The help section is well-written so answers can be found there without having to make a phone call.

Helps direct attendees to their session(s), keynote speaker(s), meeting(s), breakfast/lunch/breaks, etc.

CrowdCompass review by Marissa W.
Marissa W.

"CrowdCompass makes app building easy for first timers!"

What do you like best?

I have lots of experience with Cvent Event Management software, and just recently built my first app with CrowdCompass. I am sure my familiarity with Cvent helped, but I think even without that experience, the app would have been easy to build. I really like the ease of navigation and how quickly you can see the updates you have made.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to review your app online and that it did not require you to have your own device to review. I understand the reasoning behind it, but sometimes wish my phone wasn't tied up while I am testing apps.

We have been able to save money, help the enviroment, and quickly solve last minute issues with CrowdCompass! HAving the ability to send out push notifications in case of emergency is an invaluable tool. We have been able to use the app to communicate location changes, last minute activity cancellations, and even emergency procedures in the case of severe weather events.

CrowdCompass review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"Crowd Compass is an amazing product!"

What do you like best?

I currently use crowd compass for my conference app with Cvent. I love the seamless interaction between the two programs. The app functions are perfect for what we use it for and they are always updating it with new capabilities for a more interactive experience.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had "stock survey questions" for post meeting surveys. Sometimes it feels a little intense when creating the required images for each device and making it look cohesive. Although, I may feel this way because I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the look of the event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is spot on and very helpful. I get a response when I have a question or issue quickly. The program spells it out for even the most "un-techy" person. I completely reccommend using this program with cvent because it is a seamless sync for information from event details to the app. It is easily adjusted and can be modified to the nth degree.

Making our annual conference more accessible for attendees, less use of printed paper and waste, and giving our event a modern feel. This encourages our older attendees to embrace technology and interact within the event.

CrowdCompass review by Megan G.
Megan G.

"If you're using Cvent, going with CrowdCompass as your mobile event app solution is a NO BRAINER!"

What do you like best?

The app is easy to build on the back end and integrates seamlessly with Cvent, thus eliminating half the work of loading content into two platforms. Less work equals happier event planners!

What do you dislike?

We have an Account Manager who assisted with setting the app up for us, which was easy enough, but after that it seemed like we were on our own to learn it. Although it is intuitive, access to basic training seemed limited in our case. Also, we hired Cvent Creative Services to create a new template for our reg sites, invitations, etc and that process was not only pricey, but deadlines were missed and it seemed as if there was just a lack of communication and our vision was lost in translation at times. We were very disappointed with that process.

We are more efficient as a small events team -- this cuts down on a lot of manual content loading. This also allows us to communicate more effectively with our attendees if we are not onsite. We can pre-load canned notifications. By using Cvent and CrowdCompass we project a consistent branding, as well as give our attendees a more professional, well-executed event experience. They love the app!

CrowdCompass review by Amara G.
Amara G.

"CrowdCompass is great, but some updates needed"

What do you like best?

Creating our event app through CrowdCompass is simple to use and there is a lot of help throughout the process. For our attendees, CrowdCompass takes our events to the next level with the Scavenger Hunt, providing documents online/in the app and so many opportunities to connect with attendees.

What do you dislike?

If you are over 1,500 attendees then it doesn't list everyone's name in the attendees. There needs to be more reporting features such as who opens notifications, who looks at sessions, who looks at speakers. The map feature could use geolocation so attendees know where they are.

We are more eco-friendly, as we no longer have to print thousands of pages in handouts or programs. We have more opportunities to market our products and target attendees onsite. We are able to make the experience more enjoyable through Click the Scavenger Hunt game.

CrowdCompass review by Lacey A.
Lacey A.

"CrowdCompass is worth the investment!!"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass is easy to use both on the building/administrative side as well as the attendee facing side. The ability to edit as we go / send push notifications at any time allows us to immediately update attendees at the conference without having to worry. Also, our attendees love that they can have access to all presentations and take notes within a session vs. having to send out presentation materials after the event.

What do you dislike?

One of my only complaints about CrowdCompass is hidden sessions still pull through on the app vs. staying hidden. We often have last minute requests from our stakeholders for a VIP dinner or activity that we build in Cvent so it pulls through on attendees final confirmation agenda. However, when we integrate into CrowdCompass, that session is no longer hidden and is visible in the agenda page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize all features if/when you can!

We no longer need to spend hours or even days printing and manually assembling n-site packets. With the app, we can simply integrate via Cvent and advertise to attendees to download the app. Also, as mentioned above, we can manage last minute changes much quicker and easier!

CrowdCompass review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"The App Surprised Me"

What do you like best?

After working with technology that continuously fell short on performance, I was surprised by the success of CrowdCompass. The massive features it promised didn't seem like it could possibly result in easy use - but it is very easy to use! I've never seen a back-end system so intuitive. I wish Cvent could design all of our other operations software!

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have even fully utilized all the services available on the crowdcompass app, so it is hard to say. I will say, however, that the reporting metrics would be better if it could produce a quick one-page with pertinent use information I could hand to management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow the advertisement walk through. Getting people onboarded with our app BEFORE the event was key to its success. Also, we offered a raffle and give-aways following the event to those who were the most interactive.

We were trying to solve the issue of printing programs for our annual conference. It was intended to allow us to make changes up to the day, as a program is often outdated the moment it is printed.

In addition to successfully delivery a calendar for our attendees, we ended up with the unintended side effect of receiving valuable feedback from our users about each session. The volume of evaluations submitted for each workshop was certainly more detailed (and more in quantity) than we ever could have expected to receive in person. It helped us immensely in planning for the next year's conference.

CrowdCompass review by Christopher P.
Christopher P.

"Tons of customization at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

Being able to make program and speaker changes on the fly, along with the ability to notify all of our attendees within minutes of the change was a great tool to have. Being able to create smaller groups to send targeted notifications was a huge help.

What do you dislike?

The verification code system was an issue for us, a lot of our attendees are unable to receive their work e-mails on their phone, but for reimbursement reasons, most register for our event using their work e-mails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have an aging demographic for our conference, but that hasn't really mattered with adoption. While at first people may complain about having to switch over from paper, once they see the benefits of the app it changes their mind. Also make sure you have a dedicated person to make changes and updates on the days of the event.

We have been able to get away from needing paper manuals which eliminates issues with last minute changes and cancellations. We are noticing a much higher rate of engagement with our attendees post e-vent. We are hoping this leads to more attendees next year.

CrowdCompass review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Customizable for various needs"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to clone previous events, rotating banners, attendee messaging within app and the integration with Cvent.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more integration points for Cvent. For example, it would be very helpful to be able to access files within Crowd Compass that attendees upload during the Cvent registration process. At the moment, these files need to be downloaded from Cvent and imported into Crowd Compass.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be the most affordable app available that integrates with Cvent free of charge and has so many features (without additional charges). If you don't need rotating banners, attendee messaging, cloning previous events and Cvent integration then there are less expensive options with other app companies.

We are able to be virtually paperless at our events and any last minute changes to the agenda can easily be changed and available to all attendees.

CrowdCompass review by Chels B.
Chels B.

"Setting the Bar High: How CrowdCompass has Evolved Into Mobile Event Apps Industry Leader"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how many features there are and how customizable many of them are - and if they're not currently as customizable as one might wish - they're making enhancements and improvements constantly! The resources such as "Teaching Attendees" templates which help you build custom instructions for your users is extremely helpful and can be used again and again for multiple events. Product consultants, aka CrowdCompass reps, are always so pleasant and helpful whenever you have a question or don't know how to implement information in a certain way. The ability to filter and tag content placed on launch icons is very useful for someone like me who uses the app to house mass-amounts of information and data.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I don't dislike much about Crowd Compass and am seldom frustrated with the software, however the recent change to the overall landscape of CrowdCompass due to an Apple Policy update was pretty inconvenient and forced us to re-teach and explain ourselves and the reasoning behind it to our well-seasoned attendees who have had our branded app downloaded and on their devices since its inception over 4 years ago. I also am not fond of how they convey the release of new features or updates to existing features. There is not an email (that I am aware of) that's sent out or newsletter and it's up to you, the user, to find these things out for yourself... usually through stumbling upon them while building your app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a template app solutions for your events rather than hiring someone to develop or developing the app from scratch yourself - then CrowdCompass is by far the superior choice and solution for you. DO note however that they no longer offer stand-alone "branded" apps that appear as a unique app on your device, and instead now ALL apps associated with CC are housed in a container app called the Attendeehub.

We are solving the reliance that our attendees previously had on printed programs, saving thousands of dollars in printing costs, providing sponsorship options that essentially pay for the app twice over, minimizing agenda errors by having the ability to send out push notifications if something changes that previously would have been printed in the agenda with the incorrect information and we had no way of solving it.

CrowdCompass review by Tammy T.
Tammy T.

"Worked better than I did!"

What do you like best?

Provides instant communication with our guests, letting them know about last minute changes. We had last minute location changes due to weather and everyone who was using the App knew where to find us more easily. Also, the floorplan aspect is super useful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to do with the App but it's hard to get all of our guests to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CrowdCompass is a great tool which we are not yet using to its full potential. Try it first for instant communication of changes for locations, events, etc. Then use it for your meeting evaluation/surveys.

It is alwasy hard to communicate with folks once they are on-site but not in the meeting rooms. The app allows us to have communication at large events and we had our event survey pushed out this way. It was fast and easy.

CrowdCompass review by Bruce B.
Bruce B.

"Cvent for Apps"

What do you like best?

The Cvent people have been great to work with. They have helped us since the inception to provide a helping hand and address all of our needs as App rookies.

What do you dislike?

There are aspects of the App that are limited. We would like to be able to give more accolades to our working partners, and this is not an option. We would also prefer to have a long running day to day app, but we need to function as an 'event' instead. As we added our convention app, it was a secondary event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review all of your needs to ensure it will meet them.

We have had a great 'take rate' of our app by our membership. This has helped us to get more word out to them.

CrowdCompass review by Julie-Michelle D.
Julie-Michelle D.

"Coming of Age at Meetings"

What do you like best?

I LOVE push notifications to inform people of last minute changes. We had a dinner scheduled in a covered breezeway and though it was sunny, the wind was fierce. When we had to move the reception to an indoor location on a different floor, I just sent out a notification and everyone knew where to go. I've also used it to alert people to items left behind after a conference had just ended in hopes they could pick it up before departing for the airport.

What do you dislike?

The API integration doesn't always transfer from Cvent. There have been times I've made an update in Cvent then had to go back and force the syncing. There are times that users will still have to exit out of the event then manually refresh the app to get the information even after we do an API push. The new two-step verification to log in is also a bit frustrating. While it's rather self-explanatory to use, it takes a bit longer to log in. I am all for having the verification in place, but it seems like if you click a download link from your email on your profile, that should be verification enough. The easier it is to log in to an event, the higher the adoption rate will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend not trying to implement Cvent and CrowdCompass at the same time. Spend a year getting fully acclimated to Cvent and its features, then work on CrowdCompass. While both are relatively user friendly, the last thing a meeting planner needs is the added stress of two new technological features while executing an event. You will certainly want to begin working on your first CrowdCompass event early to ensure everything can get approved by Apple and Android. We had issues when our first event went out along with the iOS8 update causing a lot of our information to be lost in technological Neverland.

We have saved over 32 man hours by not printing, plus over $3000 in printing/shipping costs for our 100 person events. We don't have to worry about outdated presentations and information due to printing deadlines. Our attendees love not toting around binders throughout the conferences. We can also use the password protection on the events which makes our information more secure than when we were having papers left behind in rooms and our staff had to run through retrieving information before the hotel staff could pick them up (even though we state any papers left behind had to be returned to us, they weren't always handed back). We used to ship all papers left behind back to the office to shred. Now we save on the shipping cost to get materials back to the office and we save on time shredding.

CrowdCompass review by Danielle D.
Danielle D.

"Simple Powerful Flexible Tool"

What do you like best?

I love that the tool is close to ready out of the box, but still leaves room for customization if desired. It is flexible enough for us to use for a wide range of event types, but easy enough that we don't need a fulltime staff to set it up. Cvent is constantly updating the software to meet new needs we didn't know we had.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see more integration (there is already some) between other Cvent onsite tools like SocialWall, Click, and the Activity Feed so that all that great interaction can be displayed in one place.

Saves us money with less printing. Increases attendee engagement with gamefication. Allows us to make changes on the fly without anyone noticing it was a change to begin with. Allows us to provide personalized experiences to our attendees with agendas based on sessions they previously registered for, send push notifications to specific groups of targeted people. Allows us a way to quickly communicate in emergency situations.

CrowdCompass review by Emma B.
Emma B.

"Best in Class"

What do you like best?

We have used CrowdCompass for our event for the past 5 years and I am always pleased with the experience each time. On it's own, it's a great mobile app platform and interface, however when paired with Cvent it's unbeatable. The ability for my attendees to sync their sessions from registration to the app is fantastic - they can then continue to update or adjust from there. Push notifications, live Q&A, and a seamless build experience all make for a great product. Most recently, the improved log-in process has made attendees even more likely to download the app.

What do you dislike?

There are pieces of the Cvent/CrowdCompass integration that still need work. Certain parts of information don't carry over from Cvent to CrowdCompass such as rooms, speakers, etc. This creates extra/double work which is frustrating.

Our company started to experiment with mobile apps in 2011, seeing the benefit for a way to interact and manage attendees from a mobile device. After 2 years with CrowdCompass I had established trust that we could get rid of our conference program and solely utilize the mobile app. This was a big risk, but well worth it. Financially we saved ~$25-30K that year in printing and shipping costs; just as, or almost more valuable is the time saved from not having to put together, continuous proofing, etc. Also, environmentally friendly! That year we received just 2 "complaints" about no printed program and in the years since we have grown our download rate to 94%! Saving time, money and trees but getting rid of a printed program has been a decision well worth it.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"CrowdCompass Pro's and Con's"

What do you like best?

The inter-connectivity of the agenda with the speakers and the map!

What do you dislike?

I could not figure out how to make changes to the app from my phone. Also, a lot of our attendees were government employees or work for companies with really strict firewalls. Because of this, the verification emails were getting put into their spam or quarantine folders and they couldn't easily find or access them to get on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We were very happy with the number of people who decided to utilize the app during our conference. The Click game was a great way to get participants involved and to have a large reservoir of photos from the conference afterwards.

We wanted to a have a electronic form of the agenda and just create and interactive experience at the conference we were hosting. We had a number of our participants adopt and utilize the app as an interactive and useful tool.

CrowdCompass review by Jillian H.
Jillian H.

"Great App Option!"

What do you like best?

Push notifications are great while onsite for sharing updates and need to know information!! They are so easy to create and I like how you can set them up in advance as well as right when you need to send them! Seamless integration from cvent. Support team is great and very helpful!

What do you dislike?

It can be time consuming to create groups for push notifications. I wish there was a way of importing or being able to see the entire list of Participants with in the system to select to be added to a group for push notifications. Also, seems kind of limited on the surveys and I wish they would copy over from a previous program. it would also be helpful if you could test the app with in a browser/online while building.

Going green! its great to provide information electronically rather than wasting paper using booklets and pamplets. Also, being able to update information in real time and or send push notifications to communicate changes in location, last minute activity updates and or cancellations, and even emergency procedures in the case of severe weather.

CrowdCompass review by Shannon H.
Shannon H.

"Easy to use and seamless with cvent"

What do you like best?

It is really simple to set up and updates automatically. Also, I like that is syncs with cvent so my attendees and schedule links. I like that you can work on an excel document and then just upload it. The feature of sending push notifications and update information immediately is very helpful for last minute changes.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little tedious having to create a page, then link it under the launch icon you want. It would be nice if you could just add content under the icons directly

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is most helpful if you use cvent as well. This way registration information can push over automatically.

it is helping with any last minute changes and reminders. We can make any updated in the app, or send out reminder notification to all attendees. I would like this to replace our printing in the future to save that cost and give us more time and flexibility with changes. Last year we had a speaker leave the company the week before and had to reprint all of our programs. If we moved to just the app, this would have saved us $4K.

CrowdCompass review by Pamela O.
Pamela O.

"CrowdCompass Makes Events Easy to Navigate"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up, integrates with Cvent, and intuitive for end users to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Survey tool is limited right now, and existing surveys don’t copy when you copy an event; but CC makes continual updates and improvements, so it won’t stay like that for long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are great to work with, and if you are a Cvent client, the integration makes event set up even easier. For us, though, it was most important that the app was easy to use for our attendees, and CrowdCompass fits that bill to a tee.

We no longer copy handouts for our events, everything is housed in the app. Presentations can be updated on the go, unlike paper copies or pre-loaded USB drives. Attendees interact more doing Click challenges.

"CrowdCompass by Cvent"

What do you like best?

Great mobile app for attendees to use! It allows attendees to view their schedule as well as the ability to modify their schedule after the conference has begun. The ability to send push notifications out to all attendees who have downloaded the app has been very helpful especially when events change location due to weather, sessions run long and we need to modify the schedule, etc.

What do you dislike?

We used to have the ability to have a "stand alone" app that faced our conference logo but recently, we've had to change to using AttendeeHub which I think is a little more user friendly but does not allow for our conference logo to be the widget/icon on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Cvent, CrowdCompass is the mobile app for you. It has the ability to send information back and forth which really cuts down on data or information entry.

We save money by printing fewer schedules, speaker info, etc. because we are able to publish all the information on the app. We can give attendees a lot more information than we could prior to having the app.

CrowdCompass review by Cindy R.
Cindy R.

"Streamlined Planning & Attendee Experience"

What do you like best?

Crowd Compass has allowed us to replace our cumbersome workbooks with the event app, saving money on production and shipping. The app also allows greater time for our presenters to finalize presentations in the event planning phase, and even allows up-to-the-minute changes to occur seamlessly. The app also enhances the check-in experience, as we are not handing out bulky workbooks to each person at the registration desk. They are able to participate in the meeting with just their phone in hand, viewing presentation materials, answering in-session polls and post-session surveys, taking e-notes, viewing speaker profiles and connecting in a social way...all within the event app.

What do you dislike?

We are still working out some kinks regarding Cvent to Crowd Compass integration. Becoming educated about the "tracks" function has been the most challenging task, with our Cvent and CC contacts sending us back and forth.

As mentioned above, we are saving on production and shipping cost for workbooks. The app is a time-saving tool, allowing us to copy one event when creating a new event. Our attendees are more engaged, with over 90% app adoption rate. Overall, Crowd Compass empowers us as we continue to chisel away at our event budget and look for time-saving solutions, while producing powerful and professional events in for our growing work force, providing a generous ROI for our company.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Best Event App I have used!"

What do you like best?

I really love CrowdCompass and the ease of configuring it to be exactly what you want it to be. With my experience most event apps are "out of the box" apps, meaning you get whats in it and really nothing else. CrowdCompass has raised the bar, with this mobile app I am able to customize it and build it to meet my exact needs.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about CrowdCompass really has nothing to do with CrowdCompass itself and has more to do with Apple apps in general. In 2017, a change was made across Apple apps to change the way attendees can log in to CrowdCompass. With the new change the link for attendees to log-in expired after 24 hours. This made onsite registration a little hectic because anyone who did not download and log-in to their app immediately had to wait for us to resend them a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try CrowdCompass before turning it away! It looks a lot more complicated then it is and once you are using it hands on you will see how easy and useful this tool is!

With CrowdCompass we have solved a lot of onsite hassle. Attendees do not have to carry around a large and bulky agenda in order to navigate and view sessions. Attendees are also able to customize their "track" of sessions. Another way we use the app is to quickly send out updated information onsite. If a session was moved to another room or if the KeyNote session is delayed we can send those push notifications through the app as a quick way to give our attendees updated info.

CrowdCompass review by Jayme P.
Jayme P.

"Can't wait to begin ... read more to find out what we are waiting for ......."

What do you like best?

The mobile app, all on-site experiences, options to integrate, Cvent support

What do you dislike?

so much to navigate through ... how will we ever learn in a timely fashion!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend the convention, establish a relationship with your Cvent provided team member, ask questions, don't hesitate

Our company has not yet begun to utilize all that Cvent has to offer ... 4 of our team members attended Cvent live this summer and soaked in everything Cvent provided us at that convention. We were immediately hooked on how incorporating Cvent into our convention pre-planning, during and post could enhance everything we do and every experience our attendees have. We brought our ideas back, pitched our thoughts, and we are now waiting for Jan to begin ... hold tight until I can get back with you all on the beginning of our journey

CrowdCompass review by Jaime  H.
Jaime H.

"Saving Paper and Time like a Champ!"

What do you like best?

I love that we can share documents with attendees in real-time (as well as get immediate feedback via session ratings). It's so fun to see how people engage in the app prior to the event. From an event planner perspective, making changes in the app is quick and easy! We've eliminated the need for 90% of the paper we used to ship to events. Amazing!

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like about Crowd Compass. Many of our issues with the app were addressed and improved right away with the help of our awesome account manager.

We're saving paper and time by using Crowd Compass. We're also adding one more opportunity for attendees to connect with each other prior to and following the event. Some groups are more engaged than others, but our app usage has increased from 40% to 64% over the past two years of using Crowd Compass...that's a win in our book!

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Excellent customer support and intuitive User Interface"

What do you like best?

The user interface was way better than a previous event app software our team had used. The survey tools made it super easy to disseminate evaluations and were surprisingly sophisticated (getting close to qualtrics/survey monkey level sophisticated), and of course you can export data to an excel sheet which was very useful. The customer service was fantastic, whenever I called with issues, the issue was taken care of in minutes, I can't remember waiting to speak to anyone.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could have given VIP admin access for the sessions to the speakers of those sessions. Having the speakers upload their materials created a little confusion for attendees. This would be the biggest complaint. I would have also liked some sort of repository of all speaker uploads but that isn't as much of a big deal.

The app really helped streamline some of our event information dissemination and that was greatly appreciated.

CrowdCompass review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Industry Leader with come issues"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass knows what they are doing, they are clearly the leader in event software, the customer service is always available and helpful, and they adopt many new features as they are introduced in the market as whole.

What do you dislike?

The back end can be improved. It seems like nothing is where you would expect it to be. I have contacted customer service so many times with simple requests just because I didn't know where to go on the back end. In addition, there are some simple things I think could be improved, like having the red notification number for push notifications on the icon itself to attract users to click on the app. The games are a great feature, but could use more flexibility, the photo hunt is easily cheat-able, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your clients will want it because it is the most popular product, but you will need to have some patience in getting used to the back end.

Customers love the apps, they have only positive things to say, its just issues we've run into in creating the app.

CrowdCompass review by Keri W.
Keri W.

"Professional Results!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to edit on the fly and have my changes show up in minutes on the app. We've all had those changes come down from the C-Level at the last minute, and they have been very impressed at our ability to make the changes.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could edit within an app instead only via the web, but I carry my iPad with me to make changes and it works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

We no longer have the expense of printing a booklet for our conferences--the cost and employee time that we had to sink into the production of our booklets was significant! One person can now manage the entire app with ease! Additionally, if any changes or edits needed to be made, the book was already off to the printer a week before the event (at rush charges, no less) and inevitably changes would come down. Now we don't worry about them!

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Great overall for employee engagement and communication."

What do you like best?

Ability to put all event information in one place that is easily accessible. Activity feed was a great way for the attendees to stay engaged and build excitement for the meeting. Uploading sessions was a great time saver.

What do you dislike?

When building the app, it would be nice to have the ability to upload groups. It is a nice feature for sessions. With groups, it is extremely time consuming to manually create the groups. Although groups can be integrated from the Event Management site, often times those groups are not identified until after the registration closes. Also, it would be nice it the APP did not log you off and you didn't have to request a verification code. Maybe a feature i am not aware of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the offered trainings.

Not necessarily a problem with our business, but in regards to managing meetings onsite, it is a huge benefit. Employee engagement is always in question when you have a 3-5 day long meetings. The Game, Activity Feed and personalized schedules allowed for a break in the heavy content meetings and offer fun.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great app for any event"

What do you like best?

The backend UI is really easy to use and intuitive. Now that I've used CrowdCompass a few times for events, it's really easy; like I'm on auto-pilot. The user interface is also really easy to use and makes running an event seamless.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is that many of the features that CrowdCompass has and pitches as being part of the app, are actually add-ons. They work perfectly within the app; it's just frustrating when you're told a feature is part of the app, but actually requires an additional fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand which features you are actually getting when you sign a contract. The extra features cost additional fees.

We use the app for both internal and customer-facing events to disseminate all information regarding our events, from the schedule to venue maps to push notifications. It has made our events virtually paperless; no more schedule printouts or big packets for attendees. Plus, it makes communicating changes or updates with attendees a breeze!

CrowdCompass review by Kate O.
Kate O.

"Navigating Events Made Easy"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass offers an intuitive design that makes for a streamlined user experience. That in combination with the contact "sharing" option means that your event attendees have all of the information that they need - or could want - right at their finger tips.

What do you dislike?

Set up can be a lengthy process. But, Cvent's help and support is second to none, so the process is a smooth one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be thoughtful about how you want to leverage this event tech. Come to the table with a clear vision and specific goals that you want to achieve. That clarity will be invaluable in helping to ensure that CrowdCompass gives you the maximum benefit for helping to manage your event.

Difficulties around session information updates, attendee notifications, venue maps, and even engagement through gamification are all housed in one central location. Time, money, and materials are conserved by leveraging CrowdCompass, especially for large or complex events.

CrowdCompass review by Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.

"CrowdCompass - Great for Providing a Customer Service Friendly Event"

What do you like best?

I like that you can make it as easy or as complicated as you want. CrowdCompass is MUCH more user friendly than Cvent.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above, with it being more user friendly, it does not have full integration with Cvent. For example, I wish it carried over Speakers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let Cvent scare you away! CrowdCompass is so much better. We have even added on more events to include internal meetings as we find it so useful.

We needed a reliable source for communicating at events. For example, if dinner changes locations, if we want to do live polling, or provide a map of the hotel.

CrowdCompass review by User

"Great options for Event Planners"

What do you like best?

Using the Crowd Compass mobile app, we are able to change things on the go, even day-of our event! If a speaker changes, we can take them right out of the app. We also use the Push Notifications feature to send reminders out to our participants when they should be moving to the buses...etc.

The agenda allows us to not print anything for our participants and get the schedule out to them that is accurate. We have them download it a few weeks out and they can see what we have planned but if anything changes, they will have the most up to date agenda when they arrive that day.

What do you dislike?

Speaker headshots in the app are small and hard to see. We have to add the pictures in as an additional attachment to be able to see them better.

Push notifications have to be approved by the phone user. We have a few people who did not enable the notifications and therefore didnt receive the notifications. While we love to use the notifications, we realize that they are not the only way we need to communicate with our attendees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We purchased Cvent as well and integrate our registrations into the CrowdCompass app. Highly recommended.

PAPER SAVINGS! We do not print anything for our program. Everything is loadable into the app. The ability to access the event even after it is over has been hugely beneficial.

The branding of our organization is carried throughout the app. It makes us look more professional and aligned with our brand.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Robust package - great user and admin experience"

What do you like best?

The interface is so user friendly, we no longer need to involve IT to get our event app going. We used the CrowdCompass twice so far and it has seriously improved our attendees experience. We added features the second time around and plan on continuing to do so.

What do you dislike?

There are a few places that don't seem to completely sync with Cvent (room location for instance) and that would save us time.

CrowdCompass allow us to connect our users and staff. It allows our users to have a much better experience on site and save a lot of staff time answering questions on the schedule. We can focus on networking with people. The polling and live Q&A features have made a difference to the way we interact with our attendees.

"CrowdCompass"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass has greatly enhanced the conference experience for many of our attendees. We receive compliments each conference from attendees who say they wish all conferences they attended had an app as nice as this! The app is very easy to navigate from a user perspective.

What do you dislike?

Our conferences occur twice a year and have many of the same attendees at each conference. It is a little complicated to explain to users who have used the app at our previous conference how to exit out of the past page and how to download the new page that reflects the most current conference. It would be nice if that could just automatically appear without having to manually search for it.

At our last conference we ran into some issues with information on Cvent syncing over to CrowdCompass. After calling a customer support rep, we were able to solve the issues. Unfortunately, there was some pretty time consuming back end structuring that we needed to do in order to obtain the results we were hoping for. However, we were given great instruction on how to do it going forward!

CrowdCompass review by Kristine F.
Kristine F.

"Great off-the-shelf product"

What do you like best?

The pricing can't be beat. We wanted a simple, off-the-shelf event app experience and Crowd Compass had everything we needed.

The customer service was also terrific. The onboarding was very thorough.

What do you dislike?

Our event registration was with Cvent so that the registration would automate Crowd Compass. However, in reality, this didn't go smoothly at all... That said, we shared that feedback and believe changes will be made for the next event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work with Cvent for event registration, this is a no-brainer!

We needed to modernize our event attendee experience, and hadn't had an even app before. Our audience ranges from new graduates to alumni in their 80's and 90's, so this was meant to solve the needs of the younger audience. It was great.

We are hoping to move fully to the app and digital in the future, but for now we do both a print program and have it all loaded on the app.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Smooth transition to a more professional app then what we have used before!"

What do you like best?

We really like the professional look and feel of this app compared to others in the market. The banner ads are a great bonus to this app! Also, we really appreciate the one on one relationship with our Account Manager who is extremely knowledgeable and always available for each event to review all aspects of our app before launch!

What do you dislike?

We have run into glitches with the Leaderboard game and Cvent addressed right away with a patch to fix the problem coming very soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend purchasing the integration from Cvent to CrowdCompass, it works so well!

Offering mobile agenda, and event info instantly to our event attendees and customers is the best feature of a mobile app. The benefit of using CrowdCompass is we are able to launch multiple apps for our events in a timely manner with ease.

CrowdCompass review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Engage with attendees pre, during and post event"

What do you like best?

Crowd Compass is very user friendly for both the admin and end user. Everything from the intuitive Event Center design to the simple 2 step download process and navigating through the different icons. Compass's also has a smooth 2 way API integration with Cvent that allows Speakers, Attendees and Sessions to transfer between the two in real time. I also love the native polling feature that is insanely easy to set-up and manage, allowing you to engage with attendees in a more modern way that resembles everyday life!

What do you dislike?

The html formatting could use an overhaul and would like to see the ability to edit push notifications as things develop and message needs to be tweaked, instead of deleting and uploading a new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When comparing other companies, make sure you are comparing all in cost/value apples to apples.

Our challenge as meeting planners remains the same; to continually improve the customer experience at our meetings and events while providing a platform for attendee engagement. The app has to utilize the most innovative, user friendly technology solution that is both cost effective and reliable. Additionally, the app has to have a great back-end support center to help troubleshoot when things don’t go accordingly to plan.

I’ve done a tremendous amount of research on mobile apps, and on the surface they all appear to be comparable. However, as you dive more into the technical sides of things you realize that most solutions either aren’t very user friendly, either don’t offer an API integration with Cvent Registration or was costly to create and their back end reporting didn’t meet expectations.

Crowd Compass provided a tremendous value while seamlessly integrating with our existing Cvent SMM (Attendees, Sessions & Speakers). This provided the ability to see updates and make changes in real time from one solution to the other with the two way integration. The time savings from that alone has proven invaluable.

We initially launched our first mobile app in January of 2014 at our National Sales Conference for our largest business unit within the organization. Instantly the reaction was overwhelming positive and organically this help spread adoption throughout the other business units. We completed a total of 8 mobile apps within the first year.

In year two, we would see an increase in adoption by 225% with the addition of 26 mobile apps. We strategically aligned our resources and proactively encouraged adoption through the buying power of purchasing in bulk, reducing our cost by 50% or a cost savings of $43,000 on purchase price alone. Combined with the cost savings of not having to print resources, this saved us $93,000k in 2015. This generated was an increase of 225% YOY in 2015 with 26 mobile apps completed. We currently have 26 mobile apps ordered for 2015, resulting in an early increase of 225% from 2014.

In year three, we went on to design 22 mobile apps utilizing the same purchasing power with the addition on building in native polling and gamification across all contracts. This generated a cost savings of over $63,000 due to the sustainability of not having to print resources and having to incur the external expense of renting Automated Response Systems.

In 2017, we are on target to complete an additional nineteen (19) apps in 2017 bringing our Crowd Compass total to 73 apps.

CrowdCompass review by Ashley G.
Ashley G.

"Use for our Bi-Annual User Conference and it's great!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to design and customize. We are able to customize from the theme of the app, to the survey questions, poll questions, push notifications and content within the app. I was also a huge fan of the fact we were able to link web based content to different icons within the app home screen.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say so far, there is nothing I dislike. Everything about CrowdCompass has been straight forward and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

be sure you have an idea of what you want to use the app for, and be sure you test it out before launching. Look into, and research, the different functionalities and be sure you know how to use them before the event.

2 years ago, we decided to go paperless for our Bi-Annual Customer User Conference. Since we already use Cvent as the registration site, we decided to give CrowdCompass a try. I love how easy it integrates with our system, keeps everything organized in one place... and can easily be customized to match the theme of the conference.

CrowdCompass review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Engage and Inform Attendees with Crowd Compass"

What do you like best?

Crowd Compass is a great tool for conferences, especially at large events where multiple events are happening concurrently. Most recently, we used the application at our annual conference. We were able to send push notifications each day, informing guests about room changes, events, as well as the use of networking; the app has a networking portion that lists attendees alphabetically, so it's great to find people and their companies.

What do you dislike?

Not a negative of the app, but our organization has so many events, that it's often difficult to keep up with changes. Our IT, marketing, and meetings teams set a notifications calendar to ensure we are all on the same schedule with our communications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My suggestion is to ease into using Crowd Compass. The application is robust, so plan out how you want to use the tool. Create a schedule of push notifications; my suggestion is a few a day; attendees may get frustrated with a lot of notifications.

If you have questions, definitely use Customer Support! The team is helpful.

We've reduced the amount of signage since we now rely on the app to send information to attendees. For our smaller conferences, we are able to lessen our printing costs; we do not print as many program books as we notice a large portion of attendees prefer to be paperless.

CrowdCompass review by Colleen K.
Colleen K.

"New Tech for Yearly Attendees"

What do you like best?

I love the interactive map. We had a conference with meeting space across two buildings and on multiple floors and our attendees were showing each other how easy it find the rooms!

What do you dislike?

I find the Cvent integration to be fairly cumbersome. I have had issues with data reformatting when it syncs over and then I have to edit in two places. But when I load data directly to CC it has always worked.

Using the app instead of a printed program makes last minute schedule/speaker changes (we always have a ton) really easy to deal with and relay new information to our attendees.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Crowd Compass Makes Creating Our Event App Easy"

What do you like best?

Creating an event with Crowd Compass is easy. They set up calls with us and walked us through every step. It gave us peace of mind knowing that we had experienced people working with us and walking us through the process.

What do you dislike?

Creating all of the different size graphics was tedious, but that is not a reflection on Crowd Compass. That is just a requirement of the different types of devices for the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Cvent, the integration of CrowdCompass is easy and seamless.

We have been able to easily build out an app for our event that looks great and is interactive. Our attendees love having that interaction and we love the added way to communicate with them.

CrowdCompass review by Katherine W.
Katherine W.

"Highly recommend crowdcompass"

What do you like best?

I like how quick an easy it is to setup and upload content/make updates and I love all of the features and capabilities that are available.

What do you dislike?

The live polling PowerPoint slides need improvement. We have been using the live polling feature for a few years now and we always have issues with the text getting cut off when using the PowerPoint template to show the results.

increased attendee engagement, easy to share information with attendees, increased sponsorship ROI, increased networking

CrowdCompass review by Kate V.
Kate V.

"User-Friendly Interface with Impressive Final Product"

What do you like best?

Crowdcompass and its integration with Cvent are a game changer. The integration allows all of your registrants and their information and agendas to carry over to the app. You can choose when and how to sync, allowing updates in attendee agendas through the registration platform to be carried over to their app experience seamlessly. This is a time saver in so many ways. Also, the ease of app aesthetic design is unprecedented. You can truly create an app that looks like a million bucks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limited email capabilities through crowdcompass. I would like these to be more robust or either tie into Cvents email platform better.

We used to contract out our app builds, CrowdCompass has made it possible to keep this process in-house.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to Use and Attendee Friendly"

What do you like best?

The way that CrowdCompass is set up allows users to easily input information and make live updates as needed. The integration between the Cvent Event Management solution and CrowdCompass is also exceptionally helpful. When you have a conference with more than 150 sessions/activities, having that data shared between the two saves a great deal of time.

On-site, attendees have said that the mobile app is exceptionally helpful considering we've cut down on the amount information we provide in our paper agendas. The map feature and personal schedules are always attendee favorites.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes changes that are made in the Cvent Event Management tool aren't pushed automatically to the app.

We're improving attendee experience at our events. The main benefit is that we're cutting down on the amount of printed materials, which is extremely helpful because we're a paperless company.

CrowdCompass review by Mary W.
Mary W.

"Versatile mobile app solution"

What do you like best?

The best part of crowdcompass has been the support. Through issues, weird requirements, bugs and the initial learning curve we've receiving attentive and responsive support from cvent.

What do you dislike?

The feature set can be very cookie cutter, some unique requirements can be challenging or impossible to meet because the focus is on features for all. I understand why but that has made my job challenging, especially when advocating using the app.

Better communication with our attendees and a more streamlined process of getting them ready for the event and informed during. It has removed some pressure from our meeting planners with ensuring the printed book is 100%. Last minute updates can easily be made in the app and information pushed to attendees.

Learn more about CrowdCompass

CrowdCompass Videos

Learning about CrowdCompass?

* We monitor all CrowdCompass reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.