CrowdCompass

CrowdCompass

CrowdCompass by Cvent develops and delivers leading edge mobile device solutions for the global event and meeting market.

Work for CrowdCompass?

Learning about CrowdCompass?

CrowdCompass Reviews

Ask CrowdCompass a Question
Showing 226 CrowdCompass reviews
CrowdCompass review by Tori M.
Tori M.

"An excellent experience for my attendees and me"

What do you like best?

The app was easy to build and maintain and pretty comprehensive. After the initial phone call with my support rep, I really only needed to check in with her a few times for questions here and there. I received multiple compliments from attendees at the event about the look and use of the app.

What do you dislike?

Some of my Samsung users had trouble getting it to work properly. They would log in, but then as soon as they tried to use it it would ask them to log in again over and over. Eventually, we found a fix that involved clearing the cache, uninstalling, reinstalling, and logging in again, but the process was time-consuming.

Currently, the app does not have the ability to limit attendee numbers in sessions, but I understand this feature is about to come available in the new upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an exceptional product, but it is expensive. While we were in the evaluation stage, we had to admit that this was the " Lexus" product, not the "Honda."

This has saved us a ton of labor and money in print materials for our conference!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CrowdCompass
CrowdCompass review by Christine R.
Christine R.

"Structured and reliable system"

What do you like best?

The structured approach - there is a lot of pre-determined content which is nice because you dont have a lot of setup to go through. Look is pretty modern compared to other tools. Setup is quickand easy with ability to duplicate old event apps.

What do you dislike?

There hasnt been a lot of innovation in the engagement feature space. Gamification/Social are kind of strange to me...I think its 'trying to hard' when you are constantly pushing people to post things and promote someone elses event. I really wish they would create new features along the lines of 2-way engagement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try to download an app from another meeting and use it

The integration with Cvent was our biggest problem - condensing everything into one tool has been a game changer. The ability to use a tried and tested system for q&a plus live polling was crucial for us since we had never used it before.

What Mobile Event Apps solution do you use?

CrowdCompass review by Mandy W.
Mandy W.

"CrowdCompass Review"

What do you like best?

I liked that you can add a map and link sessions to it so the attendees can see the location of each sessions. We used this feature when we had about 20 breakout rooms and the attendees loved it. I also liked that we could create an awards section and link that to the attendees so when another attendee looks at their profile they can see that they were an award winner. I also like the messaging feature- it worked very well when onsite with the client to get in touch with individual attendees.

What do you dislike?

Our attendees didn't like that their app was within the CrowdCompass app. Looking back, we should have opted to do the independent app within CrowdCompass. Also, some of our attendees who had older phones were not able to download the app because they didn't have the most recent operating system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely watch the tutorial videos and call/email your Cvent/CrowdCompass contact with questions/recommendations.

Reducing paper/manual emails, targeting a large amount of attendees at one time. A place to house all of the event information for the attendees to see while onsite for the program. The attendees loved having the app and not having to carry around a schedule. They liked that they were able to see all of the sessions available to them as well as their own personal schedule of sessions that they chose at registration. It was also nice that they were able to change which sessions that they signed up for right on the app.

CrowdCompass review by Brenda A.
Brenda A.

"Interactive, powerful, and simple to configure conference app"

What do you like best?

Highly customizable, attractive, easy-to-use app with world class tech support that makes your conference both tech-forward and easy to navigate. Gamification included (two kinds) and again, customizable. Engage your attendees with games, live polls, surveys, push notifications, and interactive maps. Go paperless because you can give them every detail they need with the CrowdCompass app. This app is integrated with the Cvent Event Registration back-end, so sessions, attendees, and other data flows between them, which saves many hours of work. Cvent and CrowdCompass offers an end-to-end event management solution which is affordable and helps you show ROI/ROE.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. As additional tools are added, they integrations with Cvent e-Reg and CrowdCompass get tighter and better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very affordable conference app, easily customizable, world class support, chock full of powerful feathers and reporting, yet still simple to configure and use. The best solution for a conference app that offers data harnessing, attendee engagement, and is cross-platform (iOS, Android, HTML5) compatible.

CrowdCompass gives me a budget-friendly, easily customizable, powerful, and with exportable data to help my attendees navigate my event and network with each other. In addition my team is using interactive polling to engage with attendees within live sessions and to gather relevant, real-time data.

CrowdCompass review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Needs to recognize html"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. For the most part, provides the necessary components needed for meetings/conventions/conferences. I do like how the agenda/sessions are set up and how they can link to one-another via speaker, room name, etc. The ability to create a use tags helps to customize the app.

What do you dislike?

The only HTML that CrowdCompass accepts in the pages are some of the basic codes such paragraph "<p>", line-break <br> , "div", bold <b> or <strong>, etc. I would like to be able to customize the pages more, especially use an unordered list HTML. Additionally, inserting an image into a page, not as an attachment that displays, would also be beneficial. Currently a page looks plain - impossible to fix it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. The help section is well-written so answers can be found there without having to make a phone call.

Helps direct attendees to their session(s), keynote speaker(s), meeting(s), breakfast/lunch/breaks, etc.

CrowdCompass review by Marissa W.
Marissa W.

"CrowdCompass makes app building easy for first timers!"

What do you like best?

I have lots of experience with Cvent Event Management software, and just recently built my first app with CrowdCompass. I am sure my familiarity with Cvent helped, but I think even without that experience, the app would have been easy to build. I really like the ease of navigation and how quickly you can see the updates you have made.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to review your app online and that it did not require you to have your own device to review. I understand the reasoning behind it, but sometimes wish my phone wasn't tied up while I am testing apps.

We have been able to save money, help the enviroment, and quickly solve last minute issues with CrowdCompass! HAving the ability to send out push notifications in case of emergency is an invaluable tool. We have been able to use the app to communicate location changes, last minute activity cancellations, and even emergency procedures in the case of severe weather events.

CrowdCompass review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"Crowd Compass is an amazing product!"

What do you like best?

I currently use crowd compass for my conference app with Cvent. I love the seamless interaction between the two programs. The app functions are perfect for what we use it for and they are always updating it with new capabilities for a more interactive experience.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had "stock survey questions" for post meeting surveys. Sometimes it feels a little intense when creating the required images for each device and making it look cohesive. Although, I may feel this way because I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the look of the event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is spot on and very helpful. I get a response when I have a question or issue quickly. The program spells it out for even the most "un-techy" person. I completely reccommend using this program with cvent because it is a seamless sync for information from event details to the app. It is easily adjusted and can be modified to the nth degree.

Making our annual conference more accessible for attendees, less use of printed paper and waste, and giving our event a modern feel. This encourages our older attendees to embrace technology and interact within the event.

CrowdCompass review by Megan G.
Megan G.

"If you're using Cvent, going with CrowdCompass as your mobile event app solution is a NO BRAINER!"

What do you like best?

The app is easy to build on the back end and integrates seamlessly with Cvent, thus eliminating half the work of loading content into two platforms. Less work equals happier event planners!

What do you dislike?

We have an Account Manager who assisted with setting the app up for us, which was easy enough, but after that it seemed like we were on our own to learn it. Although it is intuitive, access to basic training seemed limited in our case. Also, we hired Cvent Creative Services to create a new template for our reg sites, invitations, etc and that process was not only pricey, but deadlines were missed and it seemed as if there was just a lack of communication and our vision was lost in translation at times. We were very disappointed with that process.

We are more efficient as a small events team -- this cuts down on a lot of manual content loading. This also allows us to communicate more effectively with our attendees if we are not onsite. We can pre-load canned notifications. By using Cvent and CrowdCompass we project a consistent branding, as well as give our attendees a more professional, well-executed event experience. They love the app!

CrowdCompass review by Amara G.
Amara G.

"CrowdCompass is great, but some updates needed"

What do you like best?

Creating our event app through CrowdCompass is simple to use and there is a lot of help throughout the process. For our attendees, CrowdCompass takes our events to the next level with the Scavenger Hunt, providing documents online/in the app and so many opportunities to connect with attendees.

What do you dislike?

If you are over 1,500 attendees then it doesn't list everyone's name in the attendees. There needs to be more reporting features such as who opens notifications, who looks at sessions, who looks at speakers. The map feature could use geolocation so attendees know where they are.

We are more eco-friendly, as we no longer have to print thousands of pages in handouts or programs. We have more opportunities to market our products and target attendees onsite. We are able to make the experience more enjoyable through Click the Scavenger Hunt game.

CrowdCompass review by Lacey A.
Lacey A.

"CrowdCompass is worth the investment!!"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass is easy to use both on the building/administrative side as well as the attendee facing side. The ability to edit as we go / send push notifications at any time allows us to immediately update attendees at the conference without having to worry. Also, our attendees love that they can have access to all presentations and take notes within a session vs. having to send out presentation materials after the event.

What do you dislike?

One of my only complaints about CrowdCompass is hidden sessions still pull through on the app vs. staying hidden. We often have last minute requests from our stakeholders for a VIP dinner or activity that we build in Cvent so it pulls through on attendees final confirmation agenda. However, when we integrate into CrowdCompass, that session is no longer hidden and is visible in the agenda page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize all features if/when you can!

We no longer need to spend hours or even days printing and manually assembling n-site packets. With the app, we can simply integrate via Cvent and advertise to attendees to download the app. Also, as mentioned above, we can manage last minute changes much quicker and easier!

CrowdCompass review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"The App Surprised Me"

What do you like best?

After working with technology that continuously fell short on performance, I was surprised by the success of CrowdCompass. The massive features it promised didn't seem like it could possibly result in easy use - but it is very easy to use! I've never seen a back-end system so intuitive. I wish Cvent could design all of our other operations software!

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have even fully utilized all the services available on the crowdcompass app, so it is hard to say. I will say, however, that the reporting metrics would be better if it could produce a quick one-page with pertinent use information I could hand to management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow the advertisement walk through. Getting people onboarded with our app BEFORE the event was key to its success. Also, we offered a raffle and give-aways following the event to those who were the most interactive.

We were trying to solve the issue of printing programs for our annual conference. It was intended to allow us to make changes up to the day, as a program is often outdated the moment it is printed.

In addition to successfully delivery a calendar for our attendees, we ended up with the unintended side effect of receiving valuable feedback from our users about each session. The volume of evaluations submitted for each workshop was certainly more detailed (and more in quantity) than we ever could have expected to receive in person. It helped us immensely in planning for the next year's conference.

CrowdCompass review by Christopher P.
Christopher P.

"Tons of customization at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

Being able to make program and speaker changes on the fly, along with the ability to notify all of our attendees within minutes of the change was a great tool to have. Being able to create smaller groups to send targeted notifications was a huge help.

What do you dislike?

The verification code system was an issue for us, a lot of our attendees are unable to receive their work e-mails on their phone, but for reimbursement reasons, most register for our event using their work e-mails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have an aging demographic for our conference, but that hasn't really mattered with adoption. While at first people may complain about having to switch over from paper, once they see the benefits of the app it changes their mind. Also make sure you have a dedicated person to make changes and updates on the days of the event.

We have been able to get away from needing paper manuals which eliminates issues with last minute changes and cancellations. We are noticing a much higher rate of engagement with our attendees post e-vent. We are hoping this leads to more attendees next year.

CrowdCompass review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Customizable for various needs"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to clone previous events, rotating banners, attendee messaging within app and the integration with Cvent.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more integration points for Cvent. For example, it would be very helpful to be able to access files within Crowd Compass that attendees upload during the Cvent registration process. At the moment, these files need to be downloaded from Cvent and imported into Crowd Compass.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be the most affordable app available that integrates with Cvent free of charge and has so many features (without additional charges). If you don't need rotating banners, attendee messaging, cloning previous events and Cvent integration then there are less expensive options with other app companies.

We are able to be virtually paperless at our events and any last minute changes to the agenda can easily be changed and available to all attendees.

CrowdCompass review by Chels B.
Chels B.

"Setting the Bar High: How CrowdCompass has Evolved Into Mobile Event Apps Industry Leader"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how many features there are and how customizable many of them are - and if they're not currently as customizable as one might wish - they're making enhancements and improvements constantly! The resources such as "Teaching Attendees" templates which help you build custom instructions for your users is extremely helpful and can be used again and again for multiple events. Product consultants, aka CrowdCompass reps, are always so pleasant and helpful whenever you have a question or don't know how to implement information in a certain way. The ability to filter and tag content placed on launch icons is very useful for someone like me who uses the app to house mass-amounts of information and data.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I don't dislike much about Crowd Compass and am seldom frustrated with the software, however the recent change to the overall landscape of CrowdCompass due to an Apple Policy update was pretty inconvenient and forced us to re-teach and explain ourselves and the reasoning behind it to our well-seasoned attendees who have had our branded app downloaded and on their devices since its inception over 4 years ago. I also am not fond of how they convey the release of new features or updates to existing features. There is not an email (that I am aware of) that's sent out or newsletter and it's up to you, the user, to find these things out for yourself... usually through stumbling upon them while building your app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a template app solutions for your events rather than hiring someone to develop or developing the app from scratch yourself - then CrowdCompass is by far the superior choice and solution for you. DO note however that they no longer offer stand-alone "branded" apps that appear as a unique app on your device, and instead now ALL apps associated with CC are housed in a container app called the Attendeehub.

We are solving the reliance that our attendees previously had on printed programs, saving thousands of dollars in printing costs, providing sponsorship options that essentially pay for the app twice over, minimizing agenda errors by having the ability to send out push notifications if something changes that previously would have been printed in the agenda with the incorrect information and we had no way of solving it.

CrowdCompass review by Tammy T.
Tammy T.

"Worked better than I did!"

What do you like best?

Provides instant communication with our guests, letting them know about last minute changes. We had last minute location changes due to weather and everyone who was using the App knew where to find us more easily. Also, the floorplan aspect is super useful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to do with the App but it's hard to get all of our guests to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CrowdCompass is a great tool which we are not yet using to its full potential. Try it first for instant communication of changes for locations, events, etc. Then use it for your meeting evaluation/surveys.

It is alwasy hard to communicate with folks once they are on-site but not in the meeting rooms. The app allows us to have communication at large events and we had our event survey pushed out this way. It was fast and easy.

CrowdCompass review by Bruce B.
Bruce B.

"Cvent for Apps"

What do you like best?

The Cvent people have been great to work with. They have helped us since the inception to provide a helping hand and address all of our needs as App rookies.

What do you dislike?

There are aspects of the App that are limited. We would like to be able to give more accolades to our working partners, and this is not an option. We would also prefer to have a long running day to day app, but we need to function as an 'event' instead. As we added our convention app, it was a secondary event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review all of your needs to ensure it will meet them.

We have had a great 'take rate' of our app by our membership. This has helped us to get more word out to them.

CrowdCompass review by Julie-Michelle D.
Julie-Michelle D.

"Coming of Age at Meetings"

What do you like best?

I LOVE push notifications to inform people of last minute changes. We had a dinner scheduled in a covered breezeway and though it was sunny, the wind was fierce. When we had to move the reception to an indoor location on a different floor, I just sent out a notification and everyone knew where to go. I've also used it to alert people to items left behind after a conference had just ended in hopes they could pick it up before departing for the airport.

What do you dislike?

The API integration doesn't always transfer from Cvent. There have been times I've made an update in Cvent then had to go back and force the syncing. There are times that users will still have to exit out of the event then manually refresh the app to get the information even after we do an API push. The new two-step verification to log in is also a bit frustrating. While it's rather self-explanatory to use, it takes a bit longer to log in. I am all for having the verification in place, but it seems like if you click a download link from your email on your profile, that should be verification enough. The easier it is to log in to an event, the higher the adoption rate will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend not trying to implement Cvent and CrowdCompass at the same time. Spend a year getting fully acclimated to Cvent and its features, then work on CrowdCompass. While both are relatively user friendly, the last thing a meeting planner needs is the added stress of two new technological features while executing an event. You will certainly want to begin working on your first CrowdCompass event early to ensure everything can get approved by Apple and Android. We had issues when our first event went out along with the iOS8 update causing a lot of our information to be lost in technological Neverland.

We have saved over 32 man hours by not printing, plus over $3000 in printing/shipping costs for our 100 person events. We don't have to worry about outdated presentations and information due to printing deadlines. Our attendees love not toting around binders throughout the conferences. We can also use the password protection on the events which makes our information more secure than when we were having papers left behind in rooms and our staff had to run through retrieving information before the hotel staff could pick them up (even though we state any papers left behind had to be returned to us, they weren't always handed back). We used to ship all papers left behind back to the office to shred. Now we save on the shipping cost to get materials back to the office and we save on time shredding.

CrowdCompass review by Danielle D.
Danielle D.

"Simple Powerful Flexible Tool"

What do you like best?

I love that the tool is close to ready out of the box, but still leaves room for customization if desired. It is flexible enough for us to use for a wide range of event types, but easy enough that we don't need a fulltime staff to set it up. Cvent is constantly updating the software to meet new needs we didn't know we had.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see more integration (there is already some) between other Cvent onsite tools like SocialWall, Click, and the Activity Feed so that all that great interaction can be displayed in one place.

Saves us money with less printing. Increases attendee engagement with gamefication. Allows us to make changes on the fly without anyone noticing it was a change to begin with. Allows us to provide personalized experiences to our attendees with agendas based on sessions they previously registered for, send push notifications to specific groups of targeted people. Allows us a way to quickly communicate in emergency situations.

CrowdCompass review by Emma B.
Emma B.

"Best in Class"

What do you like best?

We have used CrowdCompass for our event for the past 5 years and I am always pleased with the experience each time. On it's own, it's a great mobile app platform and interface, however when paired with Cvent it's unbeatable. The ability for my attendees to sync their sessions from registration to the app is fantastic - they can then continue to update or adjust from there. Push notifications, live Q&A, and a seamless build experience all make for a great product. Most recently, the improved log-in process has made attendees even more likely to download the app.

What do you dislike?

There are pieces of the Cvent/CrowdCompass integration that still need work. Certain parts of information don't carry over from Cvent to CrowdCompass such as rooms, speakers, etc. This creates extra/double work which is frustrating.

Our company started to experiment with mobile apps in 2011, seeing the benefit for a way to interact and manage attendees from a mobile device. After 2 years with CrowdCompass I had established trust that we could get rid of our conference program and solely utilize the mobile app. This was a big risk, but well worth it. Financially we saved ~$25-30K that year in printing and shipping costs; just as, or almost more valuable is the time saved from not having to put together, continuous proofing, etc. Also, environmentally friendly! That year we received just 2 "complaints" about no printed program and in the years since we have grown our download rate to 94%! Saving time, money and trees but getting rid of a printed program has been a decision well worth it.

CrowdCompass review by Jillian H.
Jillian H.

"Great App Option!"

What do you like best?

Push notifications are great while onsite for sharing updates and need to know information!! They are so easy to create and I like how you can set them up in advance as well as right when you need to send them! Seamless integration from cvent. Support team is great and very helpful!

What do you dislike?

It can be time consuming to create groups for push notifications. I wish there was a way of importing or being able to see the entire list of Participants with in the system to select to be added to a group for push notifications. Also, seems kind of limited on the surveys and I wish they would copy over from a previous program. it would also be helpful if you could test the app with in a browser/online while building.

Going green! its great to provide information electronically rather than wasting paper using booklets and pamplets. Also, being able to update information in real time and or send push notifications to communicate changes in location, last minute activity updates and or cancellations, and even emergency procedures in the case of severe weather.

CrowdCompass review by Shannon H.
Shannon H.

"Easy to use and seamless with cvent"

What do you like best?

It is really simple to set up and updates automatically. Also, I like that is syncs with cvent so my attendees and schedule links. I like that you can work on an excel document and then just upload it. The feature of sending push notifications and update information immediately is very helpful for last minute changes.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little tedious having to create a page, then link it under the launch icon you want. It would be nice if you could just add content under the icons directly

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is most helpful if you use cvent as well. This way registration information can push over automatically.

it is helping with any last minute changes and reminders. We can make any updated in the app, or send out reminder notification to all attendees. I would like this to replace our printing in the future to save that cost and give us more time and flexibility with changes. Last year we had a speaker leave the company the week before and had to reprint all of our programs. If we moved to just the app, this would have saved us $4K.

CrowdCompass review by Pamela O.
Pamela O.

"CrowdCompass Makes Events Easy to Navigate"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up, integrates with Cvent, and intuitive for end users to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Survey tool is limited right now, and existing surveys don’t copy when you copy an event; but CC makes continual updates and improvements, so it won’t stay like that for long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are great to work with, and if you are a Cvent client, the integration makes event set up even easier. For us, though, it was most important that the app was easy to use for our attendees, and CrowdCompass fits that bill to a tee.

We no longer copy handouts for our events, everything is housed in the app. Presentations can be updated on the go, unlike paper copies or pre-loaded USB drives. Attendees interact more doing Click challenges.

"CrowdCompass by Cvent"

What do you like best?

Great mobile app for attendees to use! It allows attendees to view their schedule as well as the ability to modify their schedule after the conference has begun. The ability to send push notifications out to all attendees who have downloaded the app has been very helpful especially when events change location due to weather, sessions run long and we need to modify the schedule, etc.

What do you dislike?

We used to have the ability to have a "stand alone" app that faced our conference logo but recently, we've had to change to using AttendeeHub which I think is a little more user friendly but does not allow for our conference logo to be the widget/icon on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Cvent, CrowdCompass is the mobile app for you. It has the ability to send information back and forth which really cuts down on data or information entry.

We save money by printing fewer schedules, speaker info, etc. because we are able to publish all the information on the app. We can give attendees a lot more information than we could prior to having the app.

CrowdCompass review by Cindy R.
Cindy R.

"Streamlined Planning & Attendee Experience"

What do you like best?

Crowd Compass has allowed us to replace our cumbersome workbooks with the event app, saving money on production and shipping. The app also allows greater time for our presenters to finalize presentations in the event planning phase, and even allows up-to-the-minute changes to occur seamlessly. The app also enhances the check-in experience, as we are not handing out bulky workbooks to each person at the registration desk. They are able to participate in the meeting with just their phone in hand, viewing presentation materials, answering in-session polls and post-session surveys, taking e-notes, viewing speaker profiles and connecting in a social way...all within the event app.

What do you dislike?

We are still working out some kinks regarding Cvent to Crowd Compass integration. Becoming educated about the "tracks" function has been the most challenging task, with our Cvent and CC contacts sending us back and forth.

As mentioned above, we are saving on production and shipping cost for workbooks. The app is a time-saving tool, allowing us to copy one event when creating a new event. Our attendees are more engaged, with over 90% app adoption rate. Overall, Crowd Compass empowers us as we continue to chisel away at our event budget and look for time-saving solutions, while producing powerful and professional events in for our growing work force, providing a generous ROI for our company.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Best Event App I have used!"

What do you like best?

I really love CrowdCompass and the ease of configuring it to be exactly what you want it to be. With my experience most event apps are "out of the box" apps, meaning you get whats in it and really nothing else. CrowdCompass has raised the bar, with this mobile app I am able to customize it and build it to meet my exact needs.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about CrowdCompass really has nothing to do with CrowdCompass itself and has more to do with Apple apps in general. In 2017, a change was made across Apple apps to change the way attendees can log in to CrowdCompass. With the new change the link for attendees to log-in expired after 24 hours. This made onsite registration a little hectic because anyone who did not download and log-in to their app immediately had to wait for us to resend them a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try CrowdCompass before turning it away! It looks a lot more complicated then it is and once you are using it hands on you will see how easy and useful this tool is!

With CrowdCompass we have solved a lot of onsite hassle. Attendees do not have to carry around a large and bulky agenda in order to navigate and view sessions. Attendees are also able to customize their "track" of sessions. Another way we use the app is to quickly send out updated information onsite. If a session was moved to another room or if the KeyNote session is delayed we can send those push notifications through the app as a quick way to give our attendees updated info.

CrowdCompass review by Jaime  H.
Jaime H.

"Saving Paper and Time like a Champ!"

What do you like best?

I love that we can share documents with attendees in real-time (as well as get immediate feedback via session ratings). It's so fun to see how people engage in the app prior to the event. From an event planner perspective, making changes in the app is quick and easy! We've eliminated the need for 90% of the paper we used to ship to events. Amazing!

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like about Crowd Compass. Many of our issues with the app were addressed and improved right away with the help of our awesome account manager.

We're saving paper and time by using Crowd Compass. We're also adding one more opportunity for attendees to connect with each other prior to and following the event. Some groups are more engaged than others, but our app usage has increased from 40% to 64% over the past two years of using Crowd Compass...that's a win in our book!

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Excellent customer support and intuitive User Interface"

What do you like best?

The user interface was way better than a previous event app software our team had used. The survey tools made it super easy to disseminate evaluations and were surprisingly sophisticated (getting close to qualtrics/survey monkey level sophisticated), and of course you can export data to an excel sheet which was very useful. The customer service was fantastic, whenever I called with issues, the issue was taken care of in minutes, I can't remember waiting to speak to anyone.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could have given VIP admin access for the sessions to the speakers of those sessions. Having the speakers upload their materials created a little confusion for attendees. This would be the biggest complaint. I would have also liked some sort of repository of all speaker uploads but that isn't as much of a big deal.

The app really helped streamline some of our event information dissemination and that was greatly appreciated.

CrowdCompass review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Industry Leader with come issues"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass knows what they are doing, they are clearly the leader in event software, the customer service is always available and helpful, and they adopt many new features as they are introduced in the market as whole.

What do you dislike?

The back end can be improved. It seems like nothing is where you would expect it to be. I have contacted customer service so many times with simple requests just because I didn't know where to go on the back end. In addition, there are some simple things I think could be improved, like having the red notification number for push notifications on the icon itself to attract users to click on the app. The games are a great feature, but could use more flexibility, the photo hunt is easily cheat-able, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your clients will want it because it is the most popular product, but you will need to have some patience in getting used to the back end.

Customers love the apps, they have only positive things to say, its just issues we've run into in creating the app.

CrowdCompass review by Keri W.
Keri W.

"Professional Results!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to edit on the fly and have my changes show up in minutes on the app. We've all had those changes come down from the C-Level at the last minute, and they have been very impressed at our ability to make the changes.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could edit within an app instead only via the web, but I carry my iPad with me to make changes and it works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

We no longer have the expense of printing a booklet for our conferences--the cost and employee time that we had to sink into the production of our booklets was significant! One person can now manage the entire app with ease! Additionally, if any changes or edits needed to be made, the book was already off to the printer a week before the event (at rush charges, no less) and inevitably changes would come down. Now we don't worry about them!

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Great overall for employee engagement and communication."

What do you like best?

Ability to put all event information in one place that is easily accessible. Activity feed was a great way for the attendees to stay engaged and build excitement for the meeting. Uploading sessions was a great time saver.

What do you dislike?

When building the app, it would be nice to have the ability to upload groups. It is a nice feature for sessions. With groups, it is extremely time consuming to manually create the groups. Although groups can be integrated from the Event Management site, often times those groups are not identified until after the registration closes. Also, it would be nice it the APP did not log you off and you didn't have to request a verification code. Maybe a feature i am not aware of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the offered trainings.

Not necessarily a problem with our business, but in regards to managing meetings onsite, it is a huge benefit. Employee engagement is always in question when you have a 3-5 day long meetings. The Game, Activity Feed and personalized schedules allowed for a break in the heavy content meetings and offer fun.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great app for any event"

What do you like best?

The backend UI is really easy to use and intuitive. Now that I've used CrowdCompass a few times for events, it's really easy; like I'm on auto-pilot. The user interface is also really easy to use and makes running an event seamless.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is that many of the features that CrowdCompass has and pitches as being part of the app, are actually add-ons. They work perfectly within the app; it's just frustrating when you're told a feature is part of the app, but actually requires an additional fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand which features you are actually getting when you sign a contract. The extra features cost additional fees.

We use the app for both internal and customer-facing events to disseminate all information regarding our events, from the schedule to venue maps to push notifications. It has made our events virtually paperless; no more schedule printouts or big packets for attendees. Plus, it makes communicating changes or updates with attendees a breeze!

CrowdCompass review by Kate O.
Kate O.

"Navigating Events Made Easy"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass offers an intuitive design that makes for a streamlined user experience. That in combination with the contact "sharing" option means that your event attendees have all of the information that they need - or could want - right at their finger tips.

What do you dislike?

Set up can be a lengthy process. But, Cvent's help and support is second to none, so the process is a smooth one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be thoughtful about how you want to leverage this event tech. Come to the table with a clear vision and specific goals that you want to achieve. That clarity will be invaluable in helping to ensure that CrowdCompass gives you the maximum benefit for helping to manage your event.

Difficulties around session information updates, attendee notifications, venue maps, and even engagement through gamification are all housed in one central location. Time, money, and materials are conserved by leveraging CrowdCompass, especially for large or complex events.

CrowdCompass review by Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.

"CrowdCompass - Great for Providing a Customer Service Friendly Event"

What do you like best?

I like that you can make it as easy or as complicated as you want. CrowdCompass is MUCH more user friendly than Cvent.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above, with it being more user friendly, it does not have full integration with Cvent. For example, I wish it carried over Speakers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let Cvent scare you away! CrowdCompass is so much better. We have even added on more events to include internal meetings as we find it so useful.

We needed a reliable source for communicating at events. For example, if dinner changes locations, if we want to do live polling, or provide a map of the hotel.

CrowdCompass review by User

"Great options for Event Planners"

What do you like best?

Using the Crowd Compass mobile app, we are able to change things on the go, even day-of our event! If a speaker changes, we can take them right out of the app. We also use the Push Notifications feature to send reminders out to our participants when they should be moving to the buses...etc.

The agenda allows us to not print anything for our participants and get the schedule out to them that is accurate. We have them download it a few weeks out and they can see what we have planned but if anything changes, they will have the most up to date agenda when they arrive that day.

What do you dislike?

Speaker headshots in the app are small and hard to see. We have to add the pictures in as an additional attachment to be able to see them better.

Push notifications have to be approved by the phone user. We have a few people who did not enable the notifications and therefore didnt receive the notifications. While we love to use the notifications, we realize that they are not the only way we need to communicate with our attendees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We purchased Cvent as well and integrate our registrations into the CrowdCompass app. Highly recommended.

PAPER SAVINGS! We do not print anything for our program. Everything is loadable into the app. The ability to access the event even after it is over has been hugely beneficial.

The branding of our organization is carried throughout the app. It makes us look more professional and aligned with our brand.

"CrowdCompass"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass has greatly enhanced the conference experience for many of our attendees. We receive compliments each conference from attendees who say they wish all conferences they attended had an app as nice as this! The app is very easy to navigate from a user perspective.

What do you dislike?

Our conferences occur twice a year and have many of the same attendees at each conference. It is a little complicated to explain to users who have used the app at our previous conference how to exit out of the past page and how to download the new page that reflects the most current conference. It would be nice if that could just automatically appear without having to manually search for it.

At our last conference we ran into some issues with information on Cvent syncing over to CrowdCompass. After calling a customer support rep, we were able to solve the issues. Unfortunately, there was some pretty time consuming back end structuring that we needed to do in order to obtain the results we were hoping for. However, we were given great instruction on how to do it going forward!

CrowdCompass review by Kristine F.
Kristine F.

"Great off-the-shelf product"

What do you like best?

The pricing can't be beat. We wanted a simple, off-the-shelf event app experience and Crowd Compass had everything we needed.

The customer service was also terrific. The onboarding was very thorough.

What do you dislike?

Our event registration was with Cvent so that the registration would automate Crowd Compass. However, in reality, this didn't go smoothly at all... That said, we shared that feedback and believe changes will be made for the next event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work with Cvent for event registration, this is a no-brainer!

We needed to modernize our event attendee experience, and hadn't had an even app before. Our audience ranges from new graduates to alumni in their 80's and 90's, so this was meant to solve the needs of the younger audience. It was great.

We are hoping to move fully to the app and digital in the future, but for now we do both a print program and have it all loaded on the app.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Smooth transition to a more professional app then what we have used before!"

What do you like best?

We really like the professional look and feel of this app compared to others in the market. The banner ads are a great bonus to this app! Also, we really appreciate the one on one relationship with our Account Manager who is extremely knowledgeable and always available for each event to review all aspects of our app before launch!

What do you dislike?

We have run into glitches with the Leaderboard game and Cvent addressed right away with a patch to fix the problem coming very soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend purchasing the integration from Cvent to CrowdCompass, it works so well!

Offering mobile agenda, and event info instantly to our event attendees and customers is the best feature of a mobile app. The benefit of using CrowdCompass is we are able to launch multiple apps for our events in a timely manner with ease.

CrowdCompass review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Engage with attendees pre, during and post event"

What do you like best?

Crowd Compass is very user friendly for both the admin and end user. Everything from the intuitive Event Center design to the simple 2 step download process and navigating through the different icons. Compass's also has a smooth 2 way API integration with Cvent that allows Speakers, Attendees and Sessions to transfer between the two in real time. I also love the native polling feature that is insanely easy to set-up and manage, allowing you to engage with attendees in a more modern way that resembles everyday life!

What do you dislike?

The html formatting could use an overhaul and would like to see the ability to edit push notifications as things develop and message needs to be tweaked, instead of deleting and uploading a new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When comparing other companies, make sure you are comparing all in cost/value apples to apples.

Our challenge as meeting planners remains the same; to continually improve the customer experience at our meetings and events while providing a platform for attendee engagement. The app has to utilize the most innovative, user friendly technology solution that is both cost effective and reliable. Additionally, the app has to have a great back-end support center to help troubleshoot when things don’t go accordingly to plan.

I’ve done a tremendous amount of research on mobile apps, and on the surface they all appear to be comparable. However, as you dive more into the technical sides of things you realize that most solutions either aren’t very user friendly, either don’t offer an API integration with Cvent Registration or was costly to create and their back end reporting didn’t meet expectations.

Crowd Compass provided a tremendous value while seamlessly integrating with our existing Cvent SMM (Attendees, Sessions & Speakers). This provided the ability to see updates and make changes in real time from one solution to the other with the two way integration. The time savings from that alone has proven invaluable.

We initially launched our first mobile app in January of 2014 at our National Sales Conference for our largest business unit within the organization. Instantly the reaction was overwhelming positive and organically this help spread adoption throughout the other business units. We completed a total of 8 mobile apps within the first year.

In year two, we would see an increase in adoption by 225% with the addition of 26 mobile apps. We strategically aligned our resources and proactively encouraged adoption through the buying power of purchasing in bulk, reducing our cost by 50% or a cost savings of $43,000 on purchase price alone. Combined with the cost savings of not having to print resources, this saved us $93,000k in 2015. This generated was an increase of 225% YOY in 2015 with 26 mobile apps completed. We currently have 26 mobile apps ordered for 2015, resulting in an early increase of 225% from 2014.

In year three, we went on to design 22 mobile apps utilizing the same purchasing power with the addition on building in native polling and gamification across all contracts. This generated a cost savings of over $63,000 due to the sustainability of not having to print resources and having to incur the external expense of renting Automated Response Systems.

In 2017, we are on target to complete an additional nineteen (19) apps in 2017 bringing our Crowd Compass total to 73 apps.

CrowdCompass review by Ashley G.
Ashley G.

"Use for our Bi-Annual User Conference and it's great!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to design and customize. We are able to customize from the theme of the app, to the survey questions, poll questions, push notifications and content within the app. I was also a huge fan of the fact we were able to link web based content to different icons within the app home screen.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say so far, there is nothing I dislike. Everything about CrowdCompass has been straight forward and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

be sure you have an idea of what you want to use the app for, and be sure you test it out before launching. Look into, and research, the different functionalities and be sure you know how to use them before the event.

2 years ago, we decided to go paperless for our Bi-Annual Customer User Conference. Since we already use Cvent as the registration site, we decided to give CrowdCompass a try. I love how easy it integrates with our system, keeps everything organized in one place... and can easily be customized to match the theme of the conference.

CrowdCompass review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Engage and Inform Attendees with Crowd Compass"

What do you like best?

Crowd Compass is a great tool for conferences, especially at large events where multiple events are happening concurrently. Most recently, we used the application at our annual conference. We were able to send push notifications each day, informing guests about room changes, events, as well as the use of networking; the app has a networking portion that lists attendees alphabetically, so it's great to find people and their companies.

What do you dislike?

Not a negative of the app, but our organization has so many events, that it's often difficult to keep up with changes. Our IT, marketing, and meetings teams set a notifications calendar to ensure we are all on the same schedule with our communications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My suggestion is to ease into using Crowd Compass. The application is robust, so plan out how you want to use the tool. Create a schedule of push notifications; my suggestion is a few a day; attendees may get frustrated with a lot of notifications.

If you have questions, definitely use Customer Support! The team is helpful.

We've reduced the amount of signage since we now rely on the app to send information to attendees. For our smaller conferences, we are able to lessen our printing costs; we do not print as many program books as we notice a large portion of attendees prefer to be paperless.

CrowdCompass review by Colleen K.
Colleen K.

"New Tech for Yearly Attendees"

What do you like best?

I love the interactive map. We had a conference with meeting space across two buildings and on multiple floors and our attendees were showing each other how easy it find the rooms!

What do you dislike?

I find the Cvent integration to be fairly cumbersome. I have had issues with data reformatting when it syncs over and then I have to edit in two places. But when I load data directly to CC it has always worked.

Using the app instead of a printed program makes last minute schedule/speaker changes (we always have a ton) really easy to deal with and relay new information to our attendees.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Crowd Compass Makes Creating Our Event App Easy"

What do you like best?

Creating an event with Crowd Compass is easy. They set up calls with us and walked us through every step. It gave us peace of mind knowing that we had experienced people working with us and walking us through the process.

What do you dislike?

Creating all of the different size graphics was tedious, but that is not a reflection on Crowd Compass. That is just a requirement of the different types of devices for the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Cvent, the integration of CrowdCompass is easy and seamless.

We have been able to easily build out an app for our event that looks great and is interactive. Our attendees love having that interaction and we love the added way to communicate with them.

CrowdCompass review by Kate V.
Kate V.

"User-Friendly Interface with Impressive Final Product"

What do you like best?

Crowdcompass and its integration with Cvent are a game changer. The integration allows all of your registrants and their information and agendas to carry over to the app. You can choose when and how to sync, allowing updates in attendee agendas through the registration platform to be carried over to their app experience seamlessly. This is a time saver in so many ways. Also, the ease of app aesthetic design is unprecedented. You can truly create an app that looks like a million bucks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limited email capabilities through crowdcompass. I would like these to be more robust or either tie into Cvents email platform better.

We used to contract out our app builds, CrowdCompass has made it possible to keep this process in-house.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to Use and Attendee Friendly"

What do you like best?

The way that CrowdCompass is set up allows users to easily input information and make live updates as needed. The integration between the Cvent Event Management solution and CrowdCompass is also exceptionally helpful. When you have a conference with more than 150 sessions/activities, having that data shared between the two saves a great deal of time.

On-site, attendees have said that the mobile app is exceptionally helpful considering we've cut down on the amount information we provide in our paper agendas. The map feature and personal schedules are always attendee favorites.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes changes that are made in the Cvent Event Management tool aren't pushed automatically to the app.

We're improving attendee experience at our events. The main benefit is that we're cutting down on the amount of printed materials, which is extremely helpful because we're a paperless company.

CrowdCompass review by Mary W.
Mary W.

"Versatile mobile app solution"

What do you like best?

The best part of crowdcompass has been the support. Through issues, weird requirements, bugs and the initial learning curve we've receiving attentive and responsive support from cvent.

What do you dislike?

The feature set can be very cookie cutter, some unique requirements can be challenging or impossible to meet because the focus is on features for all. I understand why but that has made my job challenging, especially when advocating using the app.

Better communication with our attendees and a more streamlined process of getting them ready for the event and informed during. It has removed some pressure from our meeting planners with ensuring the printed book is 100%. Last minute updates can easily be made in the app and information pushed to attendees.

CrowdCompass review by Lori W.
Lori W.

"Best Event Mobile App on the Market!"

What do you like best?

Very simple for non-techy people to use, yet robust enough to give your attendees a great experience, make your sponsors happy, manage your event well, and have great data on the back end.

What do you dislike?

It's a little pricey, but honestly there is nothing I don't like. There were things in the past, and based on feedback they have updated the app and removed my points of frustration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used it, left CrowdCompass to try a couple other event apps and came back. It's truly the best app out there, and is so powerful when combined with other Cvent tools.

It's a great way to communicate with your attendees, gather great intel, promote your sponsors and remove paper from your event.

CrowdCompass review by Claire H.
Claire H.

"CrowdCompass for Internal Events"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the quick implementation of the product. I was able to create, implement and have my mobile ready to go in less than a week.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing at this point that I can say that I dislike about this product - it is efficient and easy to use. Attendees enjoy the layout and ease of use on their end, as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not at this time.

Reduces the need to outsource the mobile app creation.

CrowdCompass review by Sandi M.
Sandi M.

"First Time User and Love It!"

What do you like best?

The ease of set up and seamless flow of data to/from our Cvent platform makes CrowdCompass the perfect complement to our events. Our attendees expressed excellent feedback as well noting the maps, schedule at their fingertips and session information being readily available without logging into the event website as their favorite features.

As a planner, being able to communicate via push notifications, provide changes real time and offer session feedback made the tool a win for me.

What do you dislike?

Since I've only rolled out one event thus far, I haven't been able to note anything of concern thus far.

Provides easy logistics for our attendees without needing to access the event website.

Encourages attendee engagement.

Convenient session level feedback.

CrowdCompass review by Justine  G.
Justine G.

"First Time CrowdCompass User"

What do you like best?

I really liked how CC synced so well with Cvent. Once we pushed the button, it synced so fast and accurately. We didn't have to worry about anyone getting missed in the app.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the icon pictures within the app. I also wish that we would have been able to have the preferred names be the actual attendee names instead of their given first names.

We were not solving any problems, we were enhancing the user experience at our events.

CrowdCompass review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Most advanced app for events"

What do you like best?

This app offers a sleek solution to your event attendees. Its very easy to use but can be very advanced. The fluidity between the content you're already importing into CVENT that transfers over to CorwdCompass makes the event planner set up very easy. Having a team dedicated to

What do you dislike?

CVENT & Crowd-compass are only allowed to have a certain amount of apps. Therefore you can't immerse your customers fully into your event brand with this app. You can design it with your branding within the pages but the app itself is CVENT/Crowd-compass branded

When changes are made to an event such as attendees or sessions, I only have to make updates in one area thanks to the integration with CVENT

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Somewhat Excellent"

What do you like best?

The ability to post and update agendas, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, notifications, custom agendas based on group, upload all my meeting documents in a custom button for my event team.

What do you dislike?

You can no longer have a custom icon on your device!! This takes away from our brand. Big issue.

The reporting features are weak. The basic dashboard is great, but the deeper survey responses on what matters, such as speaker reviews, have to be downloaded and won't work on a PC, unless you download software. We cannot download software due to viruses and malware. This should be simple like the dashboards.

Timely updates of custom group agendas for our Board, event team, and even hotel team working our event. Hoping to eventually do less paper. The notifications of changes are critical.

CrowdCompass review by Graham P.
Graham P.

"The Most Well Rounded, Best Supported Event App Out There"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass is a very malleable event app. It works it the context of small, simple events but also complex multi-day multi-track conferences. I have used it in both contexts and everything in between.

I'm particularly fond of the social aspects - from the attendee list with messaging and meeting scheduling to the activity feed which ties in with outside social media from twitter and instagram.

What do you dislike?

This isn't so much a dislike as a suggestion for improvement - it could use more "out of the box" integrations to other software products it would make sense to sync your event app with.

eliminating paper spend/waste, jumpstarting attendee engagement, fostering better sponsor/exhibitor & attendee connections, making our speakers look like superheroes and so many more

CrowdCompass review by Steven L.
Steven L.

"I used this while attending a sales compass and it was awesome"

What do you like best?

I used this app while attending our organization's national sales conference and it made the entire event more engaging, and more fun. Schedules and itinerary were easily accessible at all times, live polling was utilized to keep the crowd engaged, and we were able to submit pictures to chronicle our time and experiences at the conference.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app would have some glitches, however I was using it prior to the actually sales conference and so the app was likely still being configured for our trip. It's use is fairly intuitive so otherwise I don't really have any negatives other than better stability would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would hope that this is a part of every sales conference I attend from now on, it really makes the whole experience more engaging and organized.

This app definitely made our sales conference more engaging and more memorable, whereas in the past at time information overload can take away from the experience we're having.

"Very positive experience"

What do you like best?

The support is extremely good. I get answers to questions very quickly. I've had issues on site during our meeting with the app and our account rep handled it immediately.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit cumbersome to get all of our content to display the way we want. We've had to reply on our account manager for assistance every year. She has been excellent, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend. I was concerned that we would no longer be a freestanding app, and instead be a container app. But it was no problem for our users and actually benefited us due to the lack of approval needed from Apple.

It provides a quick and easy way for our meeting attendees to view the program and communicate with each other. It has also created a new avenue to sell advertising, and we hope will additionally result in printing less programs,

CrowdCompass review by Sara B.
Sara B.

"Positive, user-friendly, effective"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to set up my event and the amazing support from the team at CrowdCompass!

What do you dislike?

Would like the social wall to include facebook posts.

Allows us to keep our attendees up to date on our conference happenings through the agenda that I can update any time and also the push notifications. People are engage in the app and therefore know the latest and greatest about our event.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Civic & Social Organization
Administrator in Civic & Social Organization

"Excellent resource for Attendees"

What do you like best?

I love how you can include all key information that the attendee will need to know at their finger tips. When you need to make an update, you can send a notification to attendees.

What do you dislike?

I think the tool can be tweaked a little bit between the two options of the home screens. It’s alway great to engage attendees with the event feed and encourage them to post but you also want them to have access to everything else in an app view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give it a try. The first year can alway feel like a lot so give it time and by year three you will be surprised where you will be at.

Reduce paper and materials, provide attendees with key information in advance, and updating attendees with alerts.

CrowdCompass review by John H.
John H.

"Integration is Key"

What do you like best?

The integration with Cvent's Event Management System is second to none. You have the ability to create a world class app to drive user engagement.

What do you dislike?

It is a little pricey at first glance, but once you work with the product you will find that the product actually will pay for itself.

One solution is the ability to go green and save a ton of money on printing costs. By distributing the documents electronically through the app, we can not only save money, but have greater control over the content and last minute adjustments.

"Use at events"

What do you like best?

I helps at events and meetings when there are a lot of attendees. We use on ipads to seamlessly check in guest and help with crowd control. I used this at all events at my previous nonprofit. I am crossing my fingers that we use it at my current organization because it is an amazing tools and goes hand in hand with event management.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike about the product. I think it keeps up with current tech trends and it's functionality is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product for those looking to organize their events and for managing really big corporate events. I had used this in the past and I was blown away.

It helps with attendee maintenance including reservations and checking in. We can also easily identify folks that we not able to attend the functions.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Great Conference App"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass is extremely user friendly and customizable. It provides you with multitudes of options to engage your attendees, including games, surveys, notifications and polls. Allows you to integrate with your event in Cvent and pull attendee profiles and sessions.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes at this time, this is a great tool!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for your next event, that is affordable and provides great reports. CrowdCompass is easy to set up and distribute to your attendees.

This is a great tool that is budget friendly and is easy to use. This helps eliminate a lot of paper and also provides attendees with the most up-to-date information.

CrowdCompass review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Attendee friendly app"

What do you like best?

I like that i am able to send out notifications to my attendees to keep them up to date with changes with my event.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that i have not found it to be very customizable. It feels to me like it's a one size fit all product rather than tailor it to how you want it to look and feel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider this product if you are looking for your attendees to be engaged with your event and also be up to date with changes.

I am solving the issue of our attendees not being up to date with changes being made to the event.

"Administrator"

What do you like best?

I like the appearance and simplicity for the end user. The ability to choose your color preferences as well as the titles for each tile displayed are wonderful

What do you dislike?

The set up can be a bit intense and it works with the website, so if you made any mistakes setting up your website - you need to be sure it is corrected so the app ha

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will wait to give more of a recommendation once mine is implemented... I'm still waiting. They didnt want to set it up too much in advance and my conference is in August this year. I have already paid for the application.

CrowdCompass allows us to get notifications out immediately! We change things all the time and updates are sent right to the app. It also saves us time by putting answers to questions regarding things from directions to food all in one place.

CrowdCompass review by Kasey T.
Kasey T.

"Great so far!"

What do you like best?

I am new to crowd compass and I am in the process of building my first event app. It has been a seemless process and I am excited to see the information I gather during my event and how my attendees react to this new feature at our events.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing at this point I am dissatisfied with.

To have all event info down in one paperless option.

CrowdCompass review by Moses K.
Moses K.

"A great team to work with."

What do you like best?

I like being able to have my questions answered by a team of highly capable individuals. I always feel confident that the best work is being produced by my team at CrowdCompass.

What do you dislike?

That I can't meet with my team personally and treat them to lunch or dinner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't consider. Just do.

Our problem was moving an audience from paper to digital. With the help of CrowdCompass and our app, we have been very successful with that transition.

CrowdCompass review by Eva K.
Eva K.

"Relevant and easy to use"

What do you like best?

CrowdCompass is an outstanding app both from the developers (planner) and the attendees side of things. The many ways to customize, make unique and fun to use makes Crowdcompass a perfect app.

What do you dislike?

There are MANYx100 steps to ensure that this app works and requires at a minimum 6 weeks to make this app work The long lead time is primarily because the app has a LOT of security.

Reduction in paper, increase interaction and social media promotion.

CrowdCompass review by Megan R.
Megan R.

"Love using this event app!!"

What do you like best?

Love that the build and admin side is so user friendly. Updates and creating the app only take minutes and the results are immediate. We have don’t tons of training with our team using this app and every single person has successfully figured it out!

What do you dislike?

I wish the Game Center was a little more customizable.

Not having to print conference materials and provide an interactive attendee engagement experience.

CrowdCompass review by Ashley Z.
Ashley Z.

"overall great product"

What do you like best?

Easily customizable, world class support, simple to navigate for our attendees

What do you dislike?

The integration was our biggest problem. Also, some of our attendees who had older phones were not able to download the app because they didn't have the most recent operating system

using the mobile app allows us to give our attendees everything all in one place to maximize their experience while attending our conference.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Crowd Compass for Corporate Event"

What do you like best?

Being a one-person team creating a mobile app for a large corporate conference, I was able to add design elements and content into the Crowd Compass UI easily. The ease of importing content for sessions, speakers and scheduling was completely simple. I was able to complete the mobile app ahead of schedule and deliver under budget.

What do you dislike?

Some of the communication was lacking. I encountered a large server issue the first day of the conference that didn't allow attendees to download the app and had to troubleshoot on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give them a go. If you have someone in-house or can do simple design, content writing and image manipulation, you will definitely save money with them. The real-time creation and deployment of push notifications was clutch!

It allowed me to keep the development of the mobile app in-house and ended up saving more than $20K in budget. The image requirements were simple to follow. The online tutorials and support were phenomenal as they were easy to follow and minimized the amount of communication I had to have with my account manager.

Overall, I was very independent and the mobile app created received many accolades from both back-end testers and front-end users.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"A Simple App Solution for Events"

What do you like best?

The app is easy to use and makes large events easier to manage. You can make live updates to sessions and times so that people are never confused. I love that we can add PDF documents of presentations so that people can access them. I also loved the gamification and social posting aspects of the app. It really helps people get excited to share more about their experience.

What do you dislike?

I think that app is a little difficult to download by invitation. I wish it could be downloaded and then have a special code for the event. Sometimes the app can be slow if there are too many people using it. It is not a very common occurrence but I would be more worried if the event was much larger.

We have solved an issue where we had to updated people during large group sessions. With the app we can make updates that are seamless and don't intrude on the guest experience. Also as mentioned before we can put documents that can be downloaded for each session. That way people can access them afterward and even during presentations. I help people stay engaged knowing they can study anything they missed later.

CrowdCompass review by Olivia H.
Olivia H.

"CrowdCompass really impressed our Client!"

What do you like best?

I really loved it's easy to use but vast functionality - made it simple to update or change on the spot.

What do you dislike?

That we dont have the ability to pull to many backend reports to show clients different metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

utilize your Customer Success Team - they know a wealth of information and tricks!

Going green by putting all the information and documents on the app! Allows it to be a 1-stop-shop!

CrowdCompass review by Bridgette S.
Bridgette S.

"CrowdCompass is changing our events!"

What do you like best?

The integration from Cvent is seamless. I love that people have access to their customized schedules that were selected during the registration process.

What do you dislike?

It is too easy for people to not log in. They download the app but don't login and then you don't know who has actually downloaded it.

The new app policy is creating some issues for our organization. We loved have different containers for different business units and are no longer to do so. We are finding ways to work around it.

CrowdCompass review by Paige Z.
Paige Z.

"Mobile App"

What do you like best?

Easy user friendly back end development along with the capability to sync with Cvent event management. The customer service team at Crowd Compass always made the process seamless. With their help our mobile app was successful and will use them again next year!

What do you dislike?

Very little capability to change things. While it is user friendly this limits the creativity within the app design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CrowdCompass will bring your event engagement to a whole new level! Use the ease of CrowdCompass when engaging and informing your attendees.

Engagement at our conference. By enabling push notifications we can easily communicate to our attendees while they can easily connect with each other.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Fantastic Conference/Event App"

What do you like best?

The integration with CVENT Registration is flawless, the admin side of the CMS is intuitive and super easy to use. They really thought of everything a conference/event app would need.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have anything negative to say about the app or the content management system. There are a few nitpick-y things—but those are mostly personal preference issues.

The CrowdCompass app is a must have for a large conference or event. All our attendees loved the app and had nothing but nice things to say about it. We had an 80% adoption rate and the synchronization of CVENT Registration information and attendees' personal schedules was extremely helpful.

CrowdCompass review by Beth R.
Beth R.

"Easy to setup and use"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to customize the content and target specific content to specific groups. Easy to set up the whole app.

What do you dislike?

One feature that would be helpful to add is alerts when another attendee sends a message.

Single source for information to attendees. Our attendees are tech-savvy so they want an app that is well designed and easy to use.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator

"Photos on Activity Feed"

What do you like best?

As the administrator of the event, I love that I can download all of the pictures that people have taken and posted so we can share them with everyone throughout the event.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I cannot download all of them myself without calling customer service to get an extract, and when you get that extract it pulls every picture, not just a limited timeframe like 'the last 24 hours' or 'since my last extract'. I also wish that when someone flags a photo as inappropriate that the administrator be notified immediately somehow. Not just having to scroll through them each day multiple times to check them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

CrowdCompass app has been great in getting all of my attendees to where they need to be, both using sessions/schedules, and maps (defined areas in the map).

CrowdCompass review by Sarah F.
Sarah F.

"Simple and Great Conference App"

What do you like best?

It was a easy to follow guideline on how to set up the app from a planner's perspective, and an even easier app for our attendees to interact with. The project coordinator was very helpful and responsive when we need extra attention!

What do you dislike?

The different ways you can link the navigation icons can be tricky at first. Once our project coordinator cleared that up, we were good to go.

The app has helped us combine our presenters handouts, conference schedule, and conference program all into one spot in the hands of our attendees. We no longer have to print out attendee's schedules when changes have been made.

CrowdCompass review by Hannah S.
Hannah S.

"Great Customer Service, Quality Product"

What do you like best?

The Customer Support team at Crowd Compass is amazing and super responsive to any issues I had during product development.

What do you dislike?

Nothing- my only issue last year with the product was that there wasn't a way to send push notifications from my phone, but they've developed the CrowdPlanner app to deal with that issue!

They provide an integrated app that our Conference attendees love using.

CrowdCompass review by Audrey W.
Audrey W.

"Amazing App!"

What do you like best?

This app is amazing. I love how intuitive it is and how much it has to offer. I can’t wait to be able to bring it to one of my future conferences!

What do you dislike?

I wish that it listed all attendees in the attendee icon instead of having to search the name. I also wish that the app had a QR reader built it to it to allow attendees to scan other badges to add them as contacts automatically.

It provides an easy way to communicate important or promitonql information to users to keep them constantly up to date.

CrowdCompass review by Alaina C.
Alaina C.

"Hoped for more"

What do you like best?

We liked the fact that we just needed to make changes in Cvent and syncing the app when updates needed to be made on site

What do you dislike?

Changes did not show correctly, live polling embed was unavailable for us to use at a very large customer event. Our account representative was very unhelpful, and login for our older generation was a nightmare onsite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to get someone to help you build the app, and send the link to download the app prior the event if you have an older generation attendee

We wanted to remove any and all paper copies of our agenda and we wanted people to see their personal agenda while at the event.

CrowdCompass review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"From the Attendee Side"

What do you like best?

Tons of information and very easy to access. I really appreciate the personalized agenda feature - very easy to use and edit on the fly. Push notifications kept me up to date with the latest changes and things I need to be aware of. Gamification feature was a lot of fun and introduced me to several sponsors I may have overlooked if I hadn't been encouraged to visit them.

What do you dislike?

Because there was so much information on the app, it was a little overwhelming. I appreciated the advance download option but still had so much to take in at this large conference. Networking with fellow attendees is only possible for those who had also logged in to the app and information is not available post conference to download.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember the old adage, "you get what you pay for"? This is the best products out there and the support team is phenomenal! Write this into your budget and spend the money on the best product out there.

Not applicable.

CrowdCompass review by Kendra P.
Kendra P.

"Seamless Interactive Experience "

What do you like best?

Syncs attendee data w/ registration so that attendees have their personal schedule automatically.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t much I dislike. It’s been a really great tool for us planners as well as our attendees.

Connecting attendees with each other without having to post lists has been very beneficial - allowing attendees to decide what information they choose to share.

CrowdCompass review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Great App!"

What do you like best?

The functionality in schedule building via attendee is fantastic

What do you dislike?

For the price, there are comparable products that offer the same functionality & ease of use for the attendee, at a much lower tag. But the backend & reporting is amazing from the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product and you will be thoroughly happy with it for events. Rest assured, you're in good hands and CrowdCompass is extremely reliable.

Communication to event attendees was difficult and we were worried about notification opt-outs, etc. We've increased from 0% communication to ~25% to now well over ~50% attendee reach in communication

CrowdCompass review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Effective and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I loved that you can push out notifications by text, this helps the attendees know what is going on at a large event and feel connected. Also, the interactive and live surveys/questions really help engagement during sessions.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a bit easier to connect with my fellow conference attendees with the app. There is a section for chatting but I would have to go into the app to see if they replied, it would have been easier if I was notified that a reply had been posted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not right for every client and meeting, so know your audience and ask yourself if this is something that would be easy for the attendees to use and add value to the event.

Saves paper! We had a few clients use the app instead of printing out surveys and paper questionnaires and it saved us the hassle of collected and inputting the data into an electronic format, while also engaging the attendees. They were able to see their answers in real time during live polls, ask questions throughout the session, and were prompted to take session/event surveys.

CrowdCompass review by User

"CrowdCompass has put the power of information in the hands of attendees!"

What do you like best?

Our department used to hand-feed attendee contact information, photos, and bios to the onsite management team as well as the attendees themselves. By using CrowdCompass, it puts the power of individual preferences in the hands of attendees and protects us from privacy policy vulnerabilities.

What do you dislike?

Speaker photos don't always flow to the app and we have to manually add them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CrowdCompass protects us as a company and protects our attendees by adhering to strict GDPR guidelines. This should be a crucial touchpoint for any mobile app considerations. It is easy to use and has terrific functionality. It isn't lacking anything!

Compliance with GDP; a one-stop hub for event details that are real-time; more customer engagement when utilizing gamification, polling, session feedback, and posting photos of the event in the app.

CrowdCompass review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"Show me the data!"

What do you like best?

I like that crowdcompass seamlessly integrates with the events management tool.

What do you dislike?

We are new to crowdcompass so not sure what we might want to improve on.

With our first use in development, we hope to reduce the time needed by our planners to communicate changes being that they are already reflected in the tool.

"Great Conference App"

What do you like best?

The wall with photos from the Click Game is a favorite feature for attendees and staff alike!

What do you dislike?

I think the features still need a bit of work, though they are moving in the right direction. We had a major mishap the night before our event started. After pushing everyone to download the app, a major update kicked everyone out and forced them to uninstall and reinstall the app. That's 300+ attendees that we had to get this information out to. A MAJOR inconvenience.

We use CrowdCompass for our conference app. This helps keep attendees focused and engaged.

CrowdCompass review by Cecilia G.
Cecilia G.

"CrowdCompass"

What do you like best?

The ease of adding information and the flexibility to customize virtually the entire app.

What do you dislike?

The help page is not very helpful - it's hard to find the information are looking for.

At some point, I hope that we can take our conference paperless. The app is allowing us to create a more personalized experience for each of our almost 3,000 attendees.

CrowdCompass review by Sandy I.
Sandy I.

"Fantastic Mobile App "

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of all the capabilities of the app. I find it user friendly.

What do you dislike?

As a admin on the app, I still have trouble navigating to different pages. the names of the headers don't always make sense to me to find what I am trying to work on.

saving paper and personal time. Do not need to print an agenda on site with location room names, just use the app. Do not need to have a zip drive or drop box for presentations, place them on the app.

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Capital Markets
Administrator in Capital Markets

"Helpful Platform and Useful for Events!"

What do you like best?

Integration with Cvent, this allowed for easy use, the most up to date information on both platforms, and a time saver.

What do you dislike?

Issues with Q and A feature - setting up user accounts that were set to have moderator capaibility but then were unable to see this feature within their app.

Provides a way for attendees to see who else is attending the event and connect with each other. Allows for attendees to be fully informed about the event details and updated with push notifications for new or important event information.

CrowdCompass review by Paulina M.
Paulina M.

"good options with great potential"

What do you like best?

I think Crowd Compass has great potential and I have heard they are upgrading it as well.

What do you dislike?

I haven't seen the admin side for a while, but it didn't use to have the information flow directly into Cvent after the event seamlessly, but I know they were working on it. Also UX needs to be a little better, people like things to be super intuitive and here you have a few different clicks and tries to find what you want

I use it to personalize agendas and have them electronically instead of printed

CrowdCompass review by Kelly W.
Kelly W.

"Easy-to-use Mobile App Creator"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use, and makes a big impact at our events.

What do you dislike?

There isn't as much best practice sharing or guidance now, but that may because I have done so many that they don't think I need "assistance."

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the mobile app tool to use if you are using Cvent! It's so easy to use. They are continually making positive updates to their system as well, which is very appreciated.

Saving paper (and money), easily sharing information (especially updates during the event), more networking and interaction for attendees

CrowdCompass review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Love CrowdCompass"

What do you like best?

I love the plethora of features that it has. It is also very budge friendly.

What do you dislike?

It was a little cumbersome to figure out how do everything the first time I built an app but I think that can be expected when switching from one mobile app provider to another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will definitely get more than your money's worth with this tool. Creates great apps that your clients will truly love.

Ability to get as much information as we need to our customers by eliminating the need for paper. Can also get instant updates out to everyone at once.

CrowdCompass review by Rosalie O.
Rosalie O.

"Seamless Integration with Cvent Registration"

What do you like best?

I love that the app integrates with both the Cvent registration and the Appointments tool.

What do you dislike?

The app tends to unexpectedly quit quite a lot, which is very annoying.

We are able to significantly reduce our printing spend as well as integrate the appointments tool. It is so nice to be able to make changes on the fly and notify everyone through push notifications. Everyone knows that there area always unexpected changes and this makes it easier to keep everyone up to date.

CrowdCompass review by Kathy G.
Kathy G.

"Easy to use and convienent"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive and easy to use. We use it for all events and having the Attendee Hub has made it easier to download. We have over 90% usage for all the meetings we have used for attendees and the polling and surveying functions are great.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more synchronization with Cvent Registration Tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool!

We are a sustainable -focused company and have made many of our meetings paperless. and it makes the meetings more iindivudalized by exciting the attendants.

"Overall Great Product"

What do you like best?

The schedule feature makes running out tours very easy and we can add all pertinent content

What do you dislike?

Within the schedule we cannot get the days of the week to show (which on long trips, usually 3 weeks, is difficult), additionally adding icons to sessions is a cumbersome process that then spreads out the schedule although it is a nice touch in theory

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend especially if you are using cvent as well

providing information to tour participants in a digital manner - allows for mid-tour changes

CrowdCompass review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"A MUST for your next conference!"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility CrowdCompass offers in terms of design and menu options. I don't feel limited at all. And the CrowdCompass support team is always super helpful in informative. They also offer a CVENT integration, which can, if used correctly, reduce manual labor significantly. YOu can also use deeplinks to connect to other apps that you might be using for the meeting, like apps that would turn your phone into a microphone for Q&A sessions.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that's a huge time suck right now (and I've been told that they are working on solutions to resolve this issue) is that you have to upload headshots one at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CrowdCompass is always innovating and they provide great customer support. They will help you figure out the best solution for your needs.

This has been a great solution for our clients to provide an electronic alternative to printed conference programs. Plus, we can update information within the event app and the attendees can see the update almost immediately. Whereas a printed piece offers no edits. We can also send push notifications to the attendees through the app to provide helpful reminders or alert them to time changes, room changes, etc.