Cubby

3.7

Cubby’s cloud sharing and storage combines the simplicity users love with the security and manageability companies need.

Work for Cubby?

Learning about Cubby?

Cubby Reviews

Showing 12 Cubby reviews
Cubby review by zoraida emilia m.
zoraida emilia m.

"Surprising free tool for safe and practical storage."

What do you like best?

surpassed application that I brigade 5GB of base to store my files. It has a very simple interface to use. I can only synchronize what I want, making me not spend all my monthly capable of downloading on mobile devices. I love the option what you have to share the files with other people.

What do you dislike?

I can say that one of the disadvantages of this application is that it is only available in English. It has very interesting options, such as encrypted files, but is only available in the paid version. It has a slightly adsecible price of (€ 5 per year per 100 GB)

Recommendations to others considering the product

recomis a tool so simple to use that it will not take 15 minutes to get used to it, so I strongly recommend that you give it an opportunity, after all, who does 5GB more wrong on the mobile, tablet or computer ?

It is a very complete tool, it is incredible to manage it makes my work much easier, allowing me to save time. no doubt cubby is a very good option to store your computer files.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cubby
Cubby review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Cubby is a decent alternative to Dropbox"

What do you like best?

Good amount of storage at the free tier and interface/GUI is user friendly. I have not decided to go to the Pro version or tier level since the free tier features are so far fulfilling my requirements. Despite myself not necessarily opting for Cubby Pro, I still am of the opinion that the various Pro features offered by Cubby, are an attractive option and may offer some value over competitive softwares currently available on the market.

What do you dislike?

I cannot really say that I necessarily "dislike" anything as there is not much to dislike other than possibly including trickling down some of the more Pro features down to the free tier such as synching across multiple systems to not count against cloud storage quota. However, it would be a reasonable assumption to not want to expect to have this type of feature included in the free tier of Cubby.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out throroughly and compare it to other similar software such as Dropbox, IBM Box, Google Drive, Synology Drive, Mircorosft OneDrive, and so on. Ensure you list all of your cloud storage requirements and do a feature-by-feature comparison before deciding on the right software.

Nothing really earth shattering in terms of huge business benefits. You may derive some time savings by not having to manage cloud storage for individuals in your team. The fact that it is particularly user friendly and, as such, easier to get up and running quickly would possibly have some "time-to-value" benefits.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

Cubby review by Marc S.
Marc S.

"Great, free Dropbox competitor"

What do you like best?

I think where cubby shines is in its ease of use, and amount of storage. I can only speak to the free tier, which allocates you a whopping free 5Gb of cloud storage (as opposed to just the 2Gb offered by Dropbox) - 5 is always better than 2 (well, almost always).

The average user should be surprised how quickly they can hit Dropbox's 2Gb limit. With cubby, you're a lot safer for a lot longer there.

So, back to it's ease of use. I have native cubby client app's running on both my Mac & Windows machines, and sync'ing files all over the cloud in my "cubby" is brainless. A shared, cloud folder is a great thing to have.

What do you dislike?

The basic plan features are a little limited, but it's hard to complain when i'm not dishing any money out for the product.

Some of the pro features - like the DirectSync, which syncs folders across multiple computers & does NOT count against your cloud storage - would be nice a basic feature (though, i wouldn't expect it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though i am not personally a paid customer (nor am i a paid Dropbox customer), i think the Cubby Pro features are an attractive option.

I don't think we're realizing huge benefits here, though we are saving some valuable time by not having to manage a cloud storage device/server for individuals in my group.

Cubby review by Sebastien L.
Sebastien L.

"Synchronize files between any PC and Phones or Tablets + cloud backup."

What do you like best?

This little application allows you to share any folder on your computer with people over the internet. The process is very simple ; just select the folder you want to add then you can generate a web link taht you can send to people you want to give acces. After that, any modification made on a file within the Cubby is automatically replicated on all distant synchronized clients.

All yout "shares" are also backed up on a cloud but for each cubby you can activate or deactivate this feature. The free edition give you 5 Go on the cloud for your data. The cloud keep different versions of your files so you can laso go back to older files versions.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately it seems that Cubby will be definitively shutdown during november 2016.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well, as Cubby will disappear during November 2016, I can't recommend anything...

I use it to keep files up to date between my computers at work and at home. Also, with the could, I can access my important files anywhere from a web browser.

Cubby review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Cubby for Security"

What do you like best?

We use Cubby as a secure external backup and as a means of company-wide file sharing. We went with Cubby versus Dropbox or the like because it's supposed to be one of the most secure cloud storage services, without the added security making it obtrusive.

What do you dislike?

Folder management is manual, so you have to be diligent about maintaining its organization. This is made a little easier by using the Cubby client application and sync-ing with existing localized folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cubby is part of the SSO as a service company LogMeIn. Their job is security. If you need secure storage that's simple to use, I'd strongly suggest Cubby.

Secure remote access to important files without having to setup and maintain a VPN and tunneling in is pretty great.

User access management is also pretty seamless. Providing a team member with a specific file or folder is just a matter of providing a link.

Cubby review by Aaron C.
Aaron C.

"Very good for storage and syncing"

What do you like best?

In my opinion is a great software and a very well established service, but when you compete with top leaders that have tons of PR, you get just a small portion of the market.

Why I think cubby is great ?

It allows free storage,

you can have sync between your devices

very easy to install and manage.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about this service, for me it is excellent.

Storage and syncing devices.

Cubby review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Good dropbox like alternative"

What do you like best?

Really liked the provisioning of storage and folders and how it was done a bit smoother than some of the alternatives.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't some of the strong versioning and sharing history like some of the competitors.

Group collaboration and sharing. It helped with that.

Cubby review by Georgia T.
Georgia T.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

End-to-end encryption

Set your own encryption key

File sharing

Low price

What do you dislike?

Bandwidth restrictions

Limited file sharing

Recommendations to others considering the product

a decent price, tough encryption, private encryption keys, file sharing, and ease of use

It solved our security problem since it has really great security features.

Cubby review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"Cubby Review!"

What do you like best?

Ability to save data to the cloud and have multiple users

What do you dislike?

only five users on a corporate level. Pricing a bit high

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for large storage volumes

sharing files amongst co-workers

Cubby review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"File Storage Greatness"

What do you like best?

Cubby does what it is designed to do and it does it well.

My files are easily accessible across my PC, tablet, and smartphone.

The design is modern, and it's very easy to set up.

Peer-to-peer sync removes storage limits which is great for sending colleagues big files.

What do you dislike?

There is no web based document editing.

When I was using Cubby, I've noticed that past versions of files is only available on the Web UI.

DirectSync is pro only.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It works great and it works well. At least try out the trial, it won't hurt!

Syncing files across teammates for a small project. It's quick and easy to set up and use!

Cubby review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A waste of time"

What do you like best?

I like the idea behind the product, and really enjoyed it being free!

What do you dislike?

It is discontinued and no longer available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is no longer avaialble to use! Use DropBox

It allowed me to share files with other colleagues easily

Cubby review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Product no longer offered"

What do you like best?

It was a so-so product which is why it is no longer around

What do you dislike?

That it was hard to use and the functionality was lacking

Recommendations to others considering the product

no longer a product

storing files in the cloud

Learning about Cubby?

* We monitor all Cubby reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.