Customer.io

A platform for sending targeted messages.

Work for Customer.io?

Learning about Customer.io?

Customer.io Reviews

Ask Customer.io a Question
Showing 59 Customer.io reviews
Customer.io review by Teresa M.
Teresa M.

"Herramienta efectiva de marketing"

What do you like best?

Permite automatizar campañas de marketing y enviar los correos a un gran número de clientes potenciales. Se puede integrar con otras herramientas existentes, enviar correos basados en eventos.

Otra utilidad que me gusta es que puedo saber cuantos clientes han abierto un email, también la facilidad de distribuir la publicidad en un breve periodo de tiempo.

What do you dislike?

Los informes podrían ser más completos, por ejemplo poder ver analíticas y estadísticas sobre los correos enviados. Otra desventaja con respecto a otros programas pueden ser las plantillas, no son especialmente llamativas o atractivas, y no permite customizarlas del todo, lo que puede llegar a afectar a campañas de marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si buscas una herramienta con varias capacidades para enviar emails a numerosos contactos, publicitar tus productos, debes darle una oportunidad ya que cumple con estos requisitos y más.

Automatización de correos publicitarios a una gran cantidad de personas con una facilidad increíble.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Customer.io
Customer.io review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"Customer.io—Powerful and Personal"

What do you like best?

Customer.io has two great things going for it. First, the platform is incredibly flexible. If you dream up an email campaign, there's a way to make it happen with Customer.io. Second, their customer support team is beyond compare. They provide rapid, personalized assistance and take your inputs to heart. I smile every time I see a new feature roll out that solves I problem I previously brought up with the support team.

What do you dislike?

I mainly create campaigns and don't deal as much with logging user data to Customer.io, so I have to turn to my own development team to get new information logged, which can take some time. Writing campaign triggers based on Liquid code also involves a bit of a learning curve.

Customer.io lets me automate all of our student-facing messaging, letting us provide accurate and timely information to our student body without the hassle of combing through endless streams of student data. With Customer.io, we're able to keep more students on track with their curriculum and improve student success. And whenever we need to add a new campaign or tweak an old one, Customer.io has the tools to make that possible.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Customer.io review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Very Powerful, but not always Intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like that you can pass custom data from your own product or users into Customer.io for use in segmenting users and in the copy of the emails you're sending. Even cooler is the ability to automatically trigger these campaigns based on a user's entrance into a segment or a specific action they take in the product. That's extremely powerful for our enterprise product.

What do you dislike?

The UI makes it somewhat challenging to navigate from start to finish through creating a campaign, the template editor has some big limitations, and there's no easy way of managing a larger number of campaigns (either with better previews or with grouping that's more specific than just "Triggered")

Recommendations to others considering the product

The competition set for this product really varies depending on your needs. I think customer.io is really powerful when compared with something like mailchimp or just sending gmail. But, I do think there are some strong contenders in the multi-channel automation outreach space that give customer.io a run for its money (Autopilot comes to mind).

Customer.io helps us send automated platform emails without having as much technical maintenance of our own. It also helps us scale our product-centric marketing efforts. I think we can actually realize even further benefits from the product, and we're working on review those opportunities as we speak!

Customer.io review by Ramy N.
Ramy N.

"Email - done right."

What do you like best?

The seamless integration between Customer.io and Segment has allowed our company to send emails intuitively based on specific triggers, filters, and logic. They also provide the tools we require for internal communication within Slack, SMS, Trello and more!

With Customer.io emails are the product of logic, not assumption. What more can you want?

What do you dislike?

Would be very nice to include a built-in email template builder. A WYSIWIG editor alone could suffice. As of now I am having to have these templates coded and then input into the source code section.

Customer.io is re-defining the value of our emails. When you're a consumer and are identifying with a brand, it's important you aren't bombarded with emails at random, based on assumptions of the users journey. We also use Customer.io for internal notifications via Slack, SMS etc..

With Customer.io, I am able to sync real-time user data and setup email logic which is then used to communicate with users optimally. In understanding this, Customer.io has empowered us to setup campaigns for several key points in the user journey (e.g. onboarding, upselling, crosselling).

Customer.io review by Claudia M.
Claudia M.

"An Effective Email Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Customer. io is the possibility of personalization. There are many ways to personalize this email marketing tool. Segmentation is one of them: If you integrate Customer with your CRM or/ and other platforms it gets even more interesting. Let's say you have several campaigns for different products and specific audiences established in your CRM. By integrating Customer with your CRM you can send personalized campaigns to each audience and even pick which ones to track and how (converted rate, clicks, etc).

What do you dislike?

The biggest disadvantage that Customer. io has Vs. other email marketing tools is the fact that their templates are not especially attractive. The templates are just functional. They don't offer beautiful graphic options, not even the fonts have many possibilities. Which is in a way a limitation for marketing campaigns, but probably not a big problem for follow up emails.

I use Customer. io at least twice a week. We communicate with our customers in an effective way. We also review which campaigns, newsletters, etc. are working better. The options we have regarding the segmentation is key for us.

Customer.io review by Esthefania Melania G.
Esthefania Melania G.

"Friendly and direct messaging to customers "

What do you like best?

Being automatic is necessary nowadays and with this software I have the information of my clients at hand to improve the interaction between the brand and them. What I like most is the ability to visualize the behaviour of each user in the face of the strategies implemented, the progressive change and so analyze what to improve.

What do you dislike?

I have tried other similar software more friendly when learning to use them. Also, I've had problems configuring it and setting up the right responses you need to send based on user behavior.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to all the available options, it is important to know what you want to do before you enter the platform. When you have access you will have a lot of messages from your customers to handle and it can be a little overwhelming.

Interaction, brand loyalty and establishing new strategies to increase sales.

Customer.io review by Santiago V.
Santiago V.

"Hard to Setup, Easy to Use Later"

What do you like best?

- Lightweight and powerful UI

- Very fast

- Good price

- Email Layouts easy to configure

- Easy to define goals, workflows, triggers...it's so "smart"

What do you dislike?

- Very hard to configure unless you are very technical. Not tracking anonymous users suck (we had to build a workaround on that)

- Stats could be improved, you won't get too far apart from standalone reports

- Exports are a bit poor

- Not that many integrations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get ready to suffer on the setup. Is hard. If you want to track anonymous users, it's very complex and not elegant.

But beneath that, it's very powerful. For us, workflows have infinite ROI (well, not that much, but A LOT).

We use it to send behavioral emails (abandonment carts, welcome emails) and newsletter emails.

It's very easy to use, the cost per email and user is cheap, the interface is smart, fast and lightweight.

It is versatile, you have many options to segment. It's mainly an empty container with infinite options. It may seem overwhelming but for marketers it's the holy grail.

"E-mails made easy"

What do you like best?

This platform is WAY easy to navigate compared to what we were using beforehand. The UI is straightforward and creating a campaign with little time that looks sleek is not longer a task I don't look forward to. Their customer service is incredible, along with all of the resources available through their site to answer any questions you might have about information location or functionality.

What do you dislike?

The templates leave more to be desired than those from competitors, but the ease of creating and sending out these e-mails makes up for the limitation. You can always design your own email template and input the source code.

I use Customer.io about once a week to send out emails to our followers, and we are able to see which campaigns yield the best traffic results and sales. It's helped us tremendously with honing in and targeting our specific demographics while giving our company a professional look.

Customer.io review by Robin L.
Robin L.

"Very powerful email automation tool"

What do you like best?

Customer.io has got some really powerful features such as advanced segmenting and liquid templating for email templates. The Slack integration is also really useful to get notifications about anything that's going on in your product/business.

On the top of that, the support is great!

What do you dislike?

Not much. I've already submitted my feedback to the support team about one or two little details and they have been very responsive about it.

Customer.io allows us to automate all of our users' email onboarding and nurturing. We can adapt our emails to every segments of users.

Customer.io review by Luke F.
Luke F.

"Solid experience with Customer I/O"

What do you like best?

The customer support team was incredible, always offering quick advice and even custom engineering support.

What do you dislike?

Uploading custom email segments was not as easy as we would have liked and often resulted in emails to customer support. In reality, 80% of the emails we service are transaction and can be support with the pixel, but most systems can't support the super custom logic we use to power some lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have clear use cases in mind and are biasing towards transactional email

Customer I/O was being used as both our transactional and email promotions platform. The integration was incredibly easy, as was onboarding. We were up and running within days of signing the deal.

Customer.io review by Peter W.
Peter W.

"Great platform for custom emails based on sophisticated triggers"

What do you like best?

Customer.io is very easy to use. It has a graphical interface for programming email sending rules that is relatively self-explanatory.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't found anything about it to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The difficulty in setup will vary depending on how technical your implementation is - make sure you have a dedicated engineering resource to puzzle through the steps.

Customer.io allows us to automate and customize communications for enterprise clients of our white-label employee engagement product. It is fast, flexible, powerful, yet still simple enough that training new staff is relatively easy.

Customer.io review by Lachlan P.
Lachlan P.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I love the Ruby API! https://customer.io/docs/api/ruby.html We have some custom events that are not available from the JS snippet, so being able to add our own events through the API has allowed us to set up some awesome drip campaigns through Customer.io.

Special mention for their adorable mascot.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into anything that I didn't like so far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the segment integration! It makes getting your users into the system take like 20 seconds and once you have Segment set up in your system, any new integrations (like Customerio) don't need to change your codebase.

We are running multi-touch campaigns as part of a customer advocacy program and their 'Triggered' campaigns work incredibly well for this. Their segments + a campaign makes this really easy.

Customer.io review by Roman S.
Roman S.

"Great comms tool"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility the service provide, nice and clear API and performance. The recent feature to copy items from one campaign to another is awesome.

What do you dislike?

There is some lack of retry policy configuration, campaign can not be logically grouped (directories/sub-directories).

I use customer.io to send significant amount of automatic comms to customers (~20K emails and SMS per day). The service is used to send marketing comms, reminder comms, etc.

Customer.io review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Gran aplicación"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta digital que tiene todo lo que necesita. Ofrece automatización, sus mensajes se sentirán más personales cuando estén perfectamente sincronizados y activados con un avanzado motor de reglas. Crea grupos de personas similares usando información que usted sabe acerca de una persona, o características usadas para informarles de mejor manera. Customer.io ofrece además, información de perfiles de usuarios con un simple click usted podrá estar al corriente de todo lo que ese usuario ha hecho y como ha interactuado con los mensajes que le ha enviado. Por lo tanto, es fácil medir su éxito. Finalmente su diseño y personalización permite crear su propio código HTML o usar el de ellos con el uso de plantillas.

What do you dislike?

No tengo nada que mencionar. me parece una gran aplicación

información de perfiles de usuarios con un simple click

Customer.io review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Poorly Designed, Unwieldy Email Platform"

What do you like best?

Not much. It does have the functionality to set up email campaigns, including drip campaigns. And it does have a basic email editor, allowing you to play with the layout of your email. But beyond having the 'basics,' it is not user-friendly and overall not well-organized.

What do you dislike?

First, it isn't user-friendly. The UI is not intuitive, so it takes longer to find what you're looking for and accomplish what you're trying to do (compared to other email platforms I've used, such as MailChimp and Constant Contact). Secondly, the organization of 'environments' makes it difficult to manage one master list of email subscribers. Customer.io doesn't allow different 'environments' to interact with each other, nor share any data -- which can make it difficult to navigate subscriber lists, difficult to assess for duplicate subscribers, and difficult to report on email campaigns and analyze comparisons. The basic email editor is not user-friendly, and often slow to load. This platform does give you the ability to edit the HTML of an email directly, and I ended up directly editing the HTML nearly all of the time, in order to avoid using the clunky and confusing editor they provide. It seems like this platform can do the basic email functions a marketer would ask of it, but the organization, layout, and overall UI of the platform make it so cumbersome to use that it's far more frustrating to the user than helpful.

Benefits include being able to send emails, being able to see stats after email campaigns are sent. The benefits don't outweigh the flaws in the platform.

Customer.io review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Brilliant way to lighten the load for developers"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that, as an engineer, I'm not constantly having to build specific product for our growth team, sales teams, customer service team, etc etc.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I dislike. I guess if I had to come up with something, it would be the steep cost. Well worth it, but the cheapest tier is currently $100.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Send your data to segment and have that forward along to customer.io

We use it to segment different email campaigns, notify members of bookings, receipts, pretty much any action based email trigger. It's been a time saver and engineering resource saver.

"Email platform "

What do you like best?

Customer.io is great because it allows us to be more of a multi-channel organization where we can broadcast over different platforms - email and SMS - while keeping all of our customer data in one place.

What do you dislike?

Some features are clunky and it feels like you have to do more manual work. There are more full features for email, but you can't apply them to SMS.

Being able to have one system in place for multiple communication channels, and it helped reduce cost by consolidating.

Customer.io review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Powerful, but not user friendly "

What do you like best?

I do understand that this tool has a lot of power. It can do a lot of things that competitors like MailChimp can't do.

What do you dislike?

However, I can't say that it's very user friendly. At least not at a high level. Once you get into the software and are comfortable with it, then it's manageable. But it's difficult to just pop right in and know how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have one person on staff who knows the product really well. You'll have to have someone who is able to teach the software to others.

We're able to customize our email templates and create drip campaigns. Our favorite feature is the ability to A/B test email subject lines.

Customer.io review by Jake M.
Jake M.

"Easy integration and setup"

What do you like best?

If you're looking to send emails based on user behavior this is one of the best implementations I've seen. It's also really easy to integrate with as a developer.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if Customer IO supported pulling data from external sources also. It would save us lots of development time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switching to behavior based emails is excellent for conversion but it does require a good amount of engineering involvement to get the data you need.

Customer IO lets us send behavioral triggered emails that are just impossible with many ESPs.

Customer.io review by Tella J.
Tella J.

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

UI is good and very fast with the ability to customize. Also the different features contact manager, List segmentation, Template selection, Template Editor, and Social media marketing to name a few

What do you dislike?

•Their API does not allow to find a customer by email;

•They do not support merging of duplicate profiles in any way.

•They refusing to provide a backup copy of generated events;

•There is not support for batch change of multiple campaigns via API

This product is not of much use for our company.

Customer.io review by Joel M.
Joel M.

"Great tool for email and workflow automation"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup complex workflows that include emails and webhooks. Also love the support for liquid.

What do you dislike?

No support on email design, but super easy to import pre-coded email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it easier to organize your campaigns. Better email design support would be great.

Email and workflow automation.

Customer.io review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Better than mail chimp and cheaper "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to sort contacts easily by where they are and the ability to set contacts to different aspects of customers such as, repeat orders, customer service etc..

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. Maybe slow implementation of new features but it seems it takes longer to ensure quality. Quality over quantity

Recommendations to others considering the product

Split use with mail chimp to obtain all features at a low price. Soon enough this will take over mail chimp.

We used mail chimp which could get confusing for new employees in departments. With this constantly rolling it became a. Non issue and mail chimp is reserved for our seasoned professionals. This may very well fully take over with some work.

Customer.io review by Joei C.
Joei C.

"powerful but can get complex"

What do you like best?

Great for handling bulk emailing, mass drip emailing, A/B testing, integration with other software

What do you dislike?

too many customization options can make it confusing to use at times. Not easy to make email look pretty for non-tech users who don't know HTML

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need someone who has basic level of HTML and data integration (e.g. Segment) to connect with your other data bases (e.g. Salesforce, hubspot)

customer marketing and communication - managed multiple drip campaigns

Customer.io review by User

"Awesome marketing tool that we couldn't live without."

What do you like best?

Straight forward and clean application that's easy to work with and easy to set up. Connects with a lot of big other tools to use in tandem.

What do you dislike?

Missing some integrations with smaller, less popular tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The simple is not always the best, but the best is always simple. Keep things easy and understandable. Good Job!

trigger based emails to follow up on users.

Customer.io review by Nathan Z.
Nathan Z.

"The best non marketing automation marketing automation tool"

What do you like best?

I'm an early customer of Customer.io and am a big fan. While they don't necessarily bill themselves as "marketing automation", I have found that Customer.io can serve the role of a traditional marketing automation solution with trimmed down (but thoughtful) functionality at a great price.

What do you dislike?

Their UX needs to catch up to the rest of the platform and new use cases.

Customer.io has been most impactful for our onboarding and customer lifecycle programs.

Customer.io review by Gwen R.
Gwen R.

"Powerful CRM tool with very good UX "

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Once you're set up, it actually doesn't take that long to get to grips with the tool. The logic is simple, the actions are easily executed and the results can easily be analysed.

What do you dislike?

It is behind from a technical point of view (does not have the same capabilities to go the extra mile thanks to programmatic). Lacking some integrations (social media). ROI reporting could be improved.

Marketing automation

Customer.io review by User in Internet

"The best email automation for user behavior based messaging!"

What do you like best?

I love customer.io. They have been a great asset to our sales process. It is super easy for a non tech user to set up (once the overall integration has been done). The new UI is great, and fast. There are tons of customization options to target exactly the person you want. I'm a huge fan of Customer.io

What do you dislike?

Not really a whole lot. They are on the right track.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is THE email automation tool for transactional emails!

We use Customer.io to send on-boarding emails to new users who sign up for our product. Once they become a customer we email them based on their behavior to target customer in need of help!

Customer.io review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"Great product and potential"

What do you like best?

I love how developer friendly Customer.io is - their new webhooks feature gives a lot of power and you always get the feeling that the platform is robust and well tested.

What do you dislike?

I find that it falls a little in-between what we need - it's not quite marketing-centric enough to be our marketing automation tool, and it doesn't have the live chat option of something like Intercom. But I suspect these aspects will come with time.

A single platform for managing customer communication (marketing & current customers)

Customer.io review by Administrator in Computer Software

"I thought it would offer more flexibility, but it's actually quite limited."

What do you like best?

API is fairly simple to post user data, and event data.

Email editor is flexible.

Team is fairly responsive.

What do you dislike?

No saved views.

Shared objects like Newsletters, Segments, etc between 'Multi-Environments' is problem some.

Refresh in interface is a bit slow.

Filtering is poor.

Search (ed) fields is limited to just email address of user.

No branching logic in campaigns.

No Relational Data model.

No Triggering on atribute changes without a 'custom event'. (i.e. was that is now this)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decent option, worth evaluating extensively.

Tracking and engaging customer users, from Trial-Pay-Retain.

Customer.io review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Excellent and Intuitive"

What do you like best?

We've enjoyed using Customer.io for our Saas business for many years. They integrate very well with our software and are very reliable.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much we don't like about the product! Everything works smoothly and the opt-out process is simple for our lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need comprehensive automation, this is the product.

We follow up with customers that trigger different actions in our sales process.

Customer.io review by Cynthia M.
Cynthia M.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

This is so convenient to use because I can have it on my computer and on my phone

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to get the hang on how to use it

This is a great and easy platform to use. It allows me to send out my emails on time.

Customer.io review by User in Higher Education

"Customer.io is a great product to track mass communication"

What do you like best?

I love that Customer.io enables me to see how many customers opened my emails. I also like the ease of distributing mass communication to our audiences.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I particularly dislike about the product, however, we have been using it for less than a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you currently don't track email activity, I recommend using Customer.io to start. I like the templates that you can build into Customer.io which make it easy to send out regular communication to specific audiences from various departments.

Customer.io allows us to easily distribute mass communications to specific segments of our audiences and track their activity.

Customer.io review by User

"Good all-around email program"

What do you like best?

Overall very easy to use: nice and clean interface and it's easy to set up campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Out-of-the-box reporting tools are a bit lacking. No real customization. Need to pipe data into other programs to do any extensive analysis.

One-off email campaigns, customer lifecycle email campaigns, webhook triggered emails directly from our database.

Customer.io review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Mass email is difficult"

What do you like best?

C.io makes automation easier than most clients and offers powerful tools for technical users.

What do you dislike?

C.io lack's a "what you see is what you get" editor, making rapid prototyping and iteration difficult for nontechnical users

We need a system to communicate to our customers with email. C.io is one of a few puzzle pieces we use to automate this process and make it easier.

Customer.io review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"An amazing email provider for B2C email marketing"

What do you like best?

The customizable email triggers are amazing. They're simple to use, and you can set up custom workflows based on how your customers interact with you or your site.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a fancy HTML editor like other platforms, but it's not really that necessary.

Customer email communication.

Customer.io review by User

"Great User Experience and always improving"

What do you like best?

I really love the interface and the fact that they are constantly improving.

What do you dislike?

It lacks some features and reporting is not very customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might find it lacks some features but they're constantly improving, if you need marketing automation at a good price, Customer.io is a great tool.

Automation and newsletters. Great plans.

Customer.io review by User

"Great for drip campaigns"

What do you like best?

I love how you can automate things with Customer.io. You set up your triggered campaigns and all the work is done by the software. It's good for increasing the conversions and keeping your clients informed.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to get to know how to use it, but I guess it is just that triggered campaigns are not very easy to set up in general.

Increasing conversions, decreasing churn rate by making customers aware of the extent of our services

Customer.io review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good tool for lots of email"

What do you like best?

pricing model lets us send an incredible amount of emails to our customers.

What do you dislike?

no html wizard to develop emails so it's difficult to create awesome visual emails without a lot of work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer.io lets you segment your database and create trigger campaigns so you can send the right email at the right time. The analytics are not robust enough so you have to do a lot of digging to find the answers you want.

connect with our customers and increase engagement. We can send many targeted emails to customers to encourage faster, and more successful on-boarding.

Customer.io review by User in Internet

"Works Ok"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to use, good for looking up user accounts to see which emails they've received.

What do you dislike?

Changes were made and it's harder to search by an email address to find which emails were sent to them.

Customer related concerns. Has helped us find emails and address potential product related issues.

Customer.io review by Antonio P.
Antonio P.

"Scaleable Email Automation"

What do you like best?

The Liquid integration makes targeting and personalization incredibly easy.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a bit steep for non-programmers.

Email targeting is incredibly easy. Liquid language allows us to send one email that looks personalized based on a user's state. Automation is incredibly easy to implement using customer behavior and segmentation.

Customer.io review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Super helpful & streamlined email communication tool"

What do you like best?

Dashboard is super easy to navigate. Easy for our dev team to work with.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could change the colored theme of the dashboard. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should for sure check it out.

Email communication, and the benefits are sending hundreds of thousands of communications with our customers.

Customer.io review by User in Computer Software

"It's fine - but really confusing to do basic tasks"

What do you like best?

Great APIs and automation potential, but doing small basic taks is tough

What do you dislike?

Because everything is tied to a customer.io ID, you cannot actually use email as a way to upload and send newsletters easily. You need to walk from email to customer.io ID, import that, then try to make an email newsletter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a steep learning curve

We try and use it for all customer communication, but it's not just all programmed, sometimes it's ad hoc and this is unhelpful.

Customer.io review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Great for transactional emails"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to define segments and automation rules

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to segment users

I am keeping customers engaged and converting prospects to customers

Customer.io review by Cara C.
Cara C.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

It’s is so simple and easy to use and truly helps with the company.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It was easy to use and I enjoyed the product.

Easy access to marketing.

Customer.io review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Customer.io is great"

What do you like best?

For automating emails & creating a drip cadence email workflow, integrated seamlessly into Intercom & CRM (Prosperworks)

What do you dislike?

Templates had to be mostly in html to look clean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Optimize use of Customer.io by connecting to CRM or Intercom to send targeted segmented emails based on a trigger/event. It’s so awesome for marketing/Email automation (to send Welcomes, Thank Yous, Invoices, etc.)

Sending segmented targeted emails based on triggers in a cadence.

Customer.io review by Yert B.
Yert B.

"Pretty good"

What do you like best?

Overall the program is very good I use it daily

What do you dislike?

There is not much I do not like about this

It helps me be more efficient

Customer.io review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Marketing Operations Manager"

What do you like best?

Easy to manipulate templates to your marketing preferences. Easy to integrate sms and emails within a single campaign.

What do you dislike?

No control f / search function - makes coding emails difficult

No folders to organize campaigns

Email marketing / Sms marketing

Customer.io review by Yoav A.
Yoav A.

"Fast, easy to use."

What do you like best?

UI is really fast, you have all the features, great support.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, honestly this is an amazing tool.

Signup emails, onboarding, activation & one-time newsletters.

Customer.io review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"This software will help you campaign for the right customers!"

What do you like best?

The one thing I like about this website is the fact that customers can be marketed to with this software.

What do you dislike?

The only issues with Customer.io is it is too costly, especially with my budget.

I noticed that this particular software is aiding me in creating a lifecycle of customers, along with campaigning intelligently for clients who will be good for my business.

Customer.io review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Technical Debt?"

What do you like best?

It works. There are no glitches and they have made an effort to update their backend systems.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't seem innovative and the WSIWYG capabilities are quite limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lots of choices in this crowded marketplace.

We are able to contact over 500,000 customers without any issues whatsoever. Customization is not available and other offerings have what they have in a more intuitive interface.

Learning about Customer.io?

* We monitor all Customer.io reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.