CutePDF

CutePDF review by <span>Clayton H.</span>
Clayton H.

Free & Easy to use PDF Writing Software

Validated Review
What do you like best?

CutePDF is a very light weight cloud based PDF writing software that is very easy to install and use. It basically installs itself as a printer within Windows. It has some cool features like cropping and combining pdfs into a single pdf. Overall, we are very happy with this software.

What do you dislike?

For our required use, we don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. It just makes sense.

We use the Syspro ERP system which allows us to generate purchase order and sales order documents and we are required to send a pdf file of those documents to suppliers and customers. CutePdf integrates as a printer in Windows and easily allows us to just go to File > Print and we can generate those pdf files easily.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CutePDF
CutePDF review by <span>Crystal D.</span>
Crystal D.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love being able to convert Word or Excel documents to pdf, so that the receiving party is not able to modify anything in the document. To me it is easier than trying to lock the original document in Word/Excel.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints about this program. I have been using it for years and love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At this time, I have not found anything that I think could be improved. Love CutePDF.

It is an easier way to send documents to customers/vendors without having to worry about locking the document.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Other Office solution do you use?

CutePDF review by Internal Consultant in Civil Engineering
Internal Consultant in Civil Engineering

simple but equally elegant

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love the pdf editing tools in Cute, I was lucky enough to get a pro version at my desk and it's great, it works really well and i get colleagues all the time who use my computer to use Cute

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is really nothing I dislike, it may have a slight but steep learning curve, just knowing where tools are but over all if you know your pdf, cute works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think CutePDF is great and if you are lucky enough to have a pro version use it because it's great. I love the ability to replace pages in a PDF it's amazing and makes the already hectic world of working with subcontractors on plans much much easier. I honestly Don't have any complaints other than the fact that i sometimes lose track of tools but they are fairly easy to find when that happens, and frankly that's user error more than anything else. I can't speak highly enough of Cute, it's a great product and I really enjoy using it. hence why i am the first review on here. I love it that much. seriously It's awesome. very very very very handy to have around.

Page replacement in PDFs is the key thing here, We do that all the time as engineers and it's a must to have. Instead of reprinting an entire set of plans we are only required to print mistake pages

CutePDF review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

CutePDF

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I've used Cute PDF writer for a long time. It is very easy to use and lets you convert any document (word, jpeg, spreadsheet) to a PDF.

I really like the Web-based version that lets you edit and manage PDFs and graphics

What do you dislike?

Can't really configure the freeware version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do a lot of conversion, you can get the professional version for only $49. If not, using the freeware should get you what you need.

I use this mainly at home because I have Acrobat Pro at work. I've installed it for family members so they can create PDFs when they want to mail documents and not send the original sources. At work I like to use the web version for quick PDF or graphic edits.

CutePDF review by <span>Nathan M.</span>
Nathan M.

PDF creator and viewer

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It functions like most pdf creators and viewers on the market. Print to pdf

What do you dislike?

There are not many instructions on exactly how to use it, so not knowing how to already use this type of software could be an issue.

Converting documents to pdf

CutePDF review by <span>Jeremy S.</span>
Jeremy S.

Very Simple to Use PDF Printer/Creator

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It allows me to easily save documents that I have in other file formats into a pdf.

What do you dislike?

There is a delay before the CutePDF window appears when converting large documents. It would be nice if there was a screen that appeared right away letting you know the conversion was happening in the background. Minor issue

I need documents saved in a pdf format for certain applications. This application allows you to create pdf's without needing to purchase adobe pro.

Learning about CutePDF?

* We monitor all CutePDF reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.