Cvent

Cvent

Cvent provides easy-to-use, integrated technology solutions to maximize the impact of meetings and events of all sizes.

Work for Cvent?

Learning about Cvent?

Cvent Reviews

Ask Cvent a Question
Showing 462 Cvent reviews
Cvent review by Kim S.
Kim S.

"Best option on the market"

What do you like best?

For large or complex events, this is the best option on the market. With our needs for different prices, and types of registrations, and the reports that we need run, it almost does everything we need.

What do you dislike?

There a still a lot of challenges, and things that take a lot of time, aren't easy to figure out. The company is so big that sometimes the things you need fixed don't get updated for a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trainings, webinars, and success groups. Sometimes you get more answers to your problems than just visiting customer service alone.

We had trouble with our internal systems for registrations making people enter in their information 3 times. with Cvent, we can upload our lists and everything is pulled for them to review but not have to type in again. We are also able to run any report that we can think of that our client might need to see.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cvent
Cvent review by Amara G.
Amara G.

"Makes Event Management Easy"

What do you like best?

We like the ease of use. Creating events, pulling reports, venue sourcing makes it simple on the back end. For our clients, it is easy to register and find all necessary information. Cannot wait for the new Flex interface to be fully rolled out because it take event pages to the next level

What do you dislike?

Some of their features could be updated to be more flexible and efficient. Wish they had more opportunities to panel current customers to see what is missing and how customers can better use the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cvent is a great platform and has many options, but they are add-ons for additional costs. Unfortunately, if you want to utilize the software to its full extent it will be costly.

Using Cvent for the venue sourcing and websites is great, but we have taken it to the next level through OnArrival and CrowdCompass. CrowdCompass eliminate printing programs, handouts, etc. and makes the onsite experience more interactive for attendees. OnArrival allows the check-in process to be seamless and easy for attendees.

What Event Management Platforms solution do you use?

Cvent review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"Cvent is Every Event Professional's Life Saver!"

What do you like best?

I really like the totality of what Cvent provides on every level of event management from start to finish. You can find the location for your event through their RFP system, create complex registration paths, create individual event sites with supreme detail and promote this event through their html email section. There are endless options in reporting and budgeting is also streamlined within the program. The event in a box keeps my sanity in check at the events to check people in and print badges on-site. My organization has saved a lot of money with this feature. I also really appreciate the customer service. They are always helpful and kind.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is the inability to adjust the sizes of images within the widgets of the Flex and Express platforms. I have to resize them manually, rename the image and upload again. Sometimes this takes a few tries, which can take time depending on the image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am a solid advocate of Cvent. I tell everyone who does not use this about the program and how it helps me create seamless events. I go to as many success group lunches to learn about features within the program that I am not proficient. The instructors at these lunches are very helpful and kind. I have talked to others who are considering using Cvent and try to answer all of their questions or concerns with honest answers.

As the solo person in events & marketing, it helps me every step of the way in the process of creating, logistics and execution of the event, large or small. I am able to keep track of everything, run reports comparing previous year's stats and budgeting. It gives me an avenue to be creative with the event site and promotional emails.

Cvent review by Tony B.
Tony B.

"Cvent has moved our organization into the "Big Leagues" of Event Management"

What do you like best?

We like the fact that it is such a capable system. From event creation, through registration and data management and reporting, the system allows us to make decisions on data, not guesswork.

What do you dislike?

We were really not prepared for the amount of training it requires for staff to become fully competent using the system. A bit more advance notice and explanation of why a client should commit to training ahead of time will prevent some "PD shock."

Recommendations to others considering the product

You found the one you want. Buy it. Cvent is such a capable and professional platform, we are still finding new ways to use it after three years, and we see it growing with our company for many years to come. The support offered is fantastic, from online resources to telephone support, to in-person otions - that has made the most difference n allowing us to successfully implement it. After three years, I can say we made the right choice and would definitely buy it again.

We use Cvent for events, and for learning programs. The ability to tie together scheduling, transactions and follow-up for participants is a Godsend. Our ability to use the data resulting from the system to plan and prepare for future events has revolutionized our event management efforts.

Cvent review by Karen C.
Karen C.

"Efficient Platform"

What do you like best?

Once you know how to use the platform it is so efficient. The different templates available give you a wide array of fun designs when making an event. You can customize it based on the type of client or event! The past platforms I used did not have this feature. The on OnArrival makes it easy to keep a record of the attendees when signing them in. The programs I do give attendees a prepaid debit card and there is a field as they sign that reflects that amount which takes me about 5 mins to upload. This is great because attendees know exactly what amount they receive.

What do you dislike?

Unlike the registration questions that I can make changes to affect all the registration paths, I have to manually update verbiage on the different registration pages. It would be nice to also make changes that affect all these paths.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As technology continues to advance, the needs to your clients also change. Cvent is right with you, because they are always coming out with new features that match or even supersedes your client's expectations.

-Not having to create multiple websites due to different registration types having different hotel and air dates.

-My time has been minimized when recreating a site, as I can always use an existing template, therefore being able to widen out client base

Cvent review by Christine R.
Christine R.

"Would recommend - new Flex Interface is game changer"

What do you like best?

New Flex interface - even though we have had our challenges with it, we know the growing pains will be worth it in the long run. hard to describe how much easier it is than our old tools.

Integration with the mobile app is such a time saver!

What do you dislike?

With the number of accounts they have and active users, you are most likely a very small fish in a very big pond. Enhancement requests feel like they go into a black hole. Really wish they would also take a look at their event management features like speakers/agenda features. They havent been updated in likely a very long time and I wish they offered more options/flexiblity to further increase efficiencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a sandbox environment and try to build a site using a real-life event that you host and do that for a few of your meetings to make sure Cvent meets the needs of those programs.

The integration with CrowdCompass and Cvent is everything - agenda and speakers transfer right over with a few clicks. You can also pull over attendees, and schedules but we dont use that functionality. Pretty significant cost savings and big time saver for us when we add up everything we used to do.

Cvent review by Brenda A.
Brenda A.

"Exceptional event management and conference app functionality with Cvent and CrowdCompass"

What do you like best?

Cvent is a powerful event management tool which allows me to build my own eRegistration website, including complexities such as 20+ sessions, meals and breaks, invitation-only sessions, and multi-scaled sponsorship fees.

The documentation and support is incredible. Attendees often tell me how easy their registration was, compared to other events they register for. Attendees can modify their own registrations, saving my team a ton of manual work. The built-in and customizable reporting functionality makes it a cinch to grab an accurate report at a moment's notice. Internal Information fields help me classify my attendees and the Resources functionality helps me track my many meeting rooms, both for sessions and ad-hoc meetings.

Using the included email marketing functionality allows me to target my audience via invitation lists and pre-schedule communications, as well as quickly create and send ad-hoc ones.

Lastly, the integration between Cvent and CrowdCompass conference app allows my sessions, attendees, and speakers to flow from Cvent into the app. This avoids the issue of having to set a hard cutoff date re: registration since the information flows from one system to the other.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Cvent. I wish I had more time to delve into its powerful features. When I can't find an answer to a problem I have to solve, it is either in their incredible documentation, or it is answered or solved by a quick call to their exceptional support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful platform. Ensure someone on your team who is good at learning new interfaces (aka fairly "techie") is the lead on Cvent programming, otherwise, for advanced functions you might want to hire a 3rd party expert.

The business problems Cvent solves are time, money, and reporting. It doesn't take long to program a simple event, and the upload functionality saves me many hours in programming my 60+ sessions, meals, breaks, meetings, and special events. Cvent is very cost-effective and being able to program it myself saves my group a lot of event budget money that we can instead invest in our attendees' event experience. Lastly, being able to report on attendance, session registration, and other factors helps me plan my next annual event as well as prepares me to ask for a budget based on factual data.

Cvent review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Cvent - so close and yet so far"

What do you like best?

I like that we can manage our groups in one spot while having clients input their own information.

What do you dislike?

The system runs incredibly slow most days, making it cumbersome to work with. There are so many extra steps to do things that it can be incredibly tedious. For example, when canceling a room type to add a different one for a client, we have to cancel it and it doesn't automatically remove the funds. We have to go in, move any funds that have already been applied to it, then zero out the canceled room, then make sure everything is adjusted properly. This adds extra minutes that feel unnecessary with how smart computers are nowadays. Making small adjustments can sometimes take up a lot of time. It seems not all parts of the system are speaking to one another. It allows a lot of room for error.

Managing large groups is easier with a system like this. Helps us stay organized and have a reference point for helping clients over the phone

Cvent review by Kassandra R.
Kassandra R.

"Flexible Registration System with Strong Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I love that Cvent is constantly improving. They really take feedback seriously and work hard to find solutions to your problems. We have a very complex event, and have found solutions to the vast majority of our issues, and where some solutions were a little sticky at first, updated versions and new features have consistently improved functionality. I have found the support team helpful and while our initial representative was not the greatest, I requested a new rep which was processed quickly, and he has been wonderful.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve, but if you require a platform that can handle an event's complexity, I believe this is to be expected. Still, there are a few items that I still don't find intuitive in the interface, but I am confident the release of Cvent Flex will address many of these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cvent is a complex solution for complex events. At this stage I might recommend utilizing a simpler solution if you are able, but this recommendation may change in the next few months with some of their new releases.

Prior to adopting Cvent, a lot of our reporting and other processes were manual. We have been able to squeeze a lot of our tasks into Cvent, and even found some solutions for other departments in our organization as well.

Cvent review by Cindy R.
Cindy R.

"Easy & Efficient Event Planning"

What do you like best?

Cvent enables us to manage our multitude of weekly small class scheduled over multiple locations, as well as four large events, all in one easy-to-manage website. We love the easy event set up for classes, as well as the complexities of the large event set up options. The Concur integration enables us to provide a one-stop-shop for our attendees, allowing them to register for the class or event, request a hotel, answer any event-specific questions we may have required, and then book air travel. It's a seamless tool that empowers our small event planning team to double, maybe even triple, our work with ease.

What do you dislike?

There is one section of Cvent that is a constant issue for the set up of our large events. As Medicare cuts impact our company dollar, and the cuts keep coming, we must be very careful with each dollar we spend on events. As such, we require our attendees to share hotel rooms. The Cvent platform does allow for roommate matching, but not in the way which would work for our events. It would be very helpful to us if roommates could be matched across registration types, instead of only allowing attendees of the same registration type to match as roommates. This issue forces us to export the hotel report from Cvent and match them up manually. This is a tiresome practice, and one which could be avoided if Cvent would work to implement more fluid roommate matching initiatives.

We have seen an increase in productivity for our team since using Cvent. We have greatly increased our number of internal classes hosted each week, without increasing event planning team members. Cvent has allowed us to maintain order in the midst of what could easily become corporate chaos. Our attendees often comment on the ease of the registration and travel booking process. This is due to the Cvent and Concur integration. Additionally, Cvent's integration with CrowdCompass has enabled us to provide a high-tech and first-rate experience for our large event attendees.

Cvent review by Beca S.
Beca S.

"Great Platform, Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Cvent has the best customer service team I've worked with! Our team utilizes their online help before reaching out to support via phone, case, or online chat. All of our questions are answered quickly and support is extremely knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this platform - I honestly can't think of anything at the moment.

Our organization was using NGO Connect events two years ago. Then, we committed to hosting a conference for the first time. Our current event platform did not have a sessions feature and was not very robust overall so we knew we had to find a new solution. We did a lot of research and finally settled on Cvent. It's been a great relationship ever since. We use Cvent for all events and have it integrated into Salesforce. We are also utilizing CrowdCompass, OnArrival, and will be utilizing Abstract Management within the next year.

Cvent review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Excellent customer service, customizable registration process"

What do you like best?

Love the customization available during the registration process and ability for attendees (and sponsoring companies) to upload documents (i.e. company logo) within their registration.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the membership portion of Cvent. The registration portion is great, but because of the limits within the member part we may not be renewing our contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend Cvent to those who have similar events every year. Cvent has the ability to clone events and what is called "data tags," where any info that changes from year to year (think dates, room location, specific attendee instructions) can easily be input into all parts of the registration, including emails, by simply updating the data tag, which may link to infinite locations within your event. This takes some time to set up the first year, but then saves hours and hours of updating and proofing the following years.

We have gone from a very clunky registration system to a seamless online registration system, which also provides us with valuable attendee history and various financial reports. The ability to easily track event and attendee history and statistics is invaluable.

Cvent review by Megan G.
Megan G.

"Comprehensive, professional event registration solution"

What do you like best?

What I love most about Cvent is that even if you only manage 1-3 events a year vs. 100+ events a year, it still offers so much value. It takes away a lot of the manual work associated with managing one event, much less 100+ events per year. There are so many avenues for personalization within Cvent, from a branding perspective, as well as a features/functionality perspective. We don't charge to attend our events, but if that changes, it's comforting to know that feature is there and available within our current contract. It eliminates so much paperwork on our end -- and as a small event team, that is CRUCIAL to our event program success. I also like all of the integrations - SFDC, Marketo, CrowdCompass. Makes life easier. The reporting functionalities and financial reporting have helped our team be more data and metrics driven which is very important when it comes to strategy and informaed decision-making in an organization that makes an almost $3m investment in face to face, live events.

What do you dislike?

The training and administrative set up process was NOT intuitive. Every organization that uses this tool is not the same, but the training wasn't quite tailored to our organization's needs. A lot of time was spent on modules we never use. Our Account Manager tried to help, but was unavailable a lot. We were encouraged to contact the Support number, rather than personalized 1:1 with our Account Manager. It would be great if we had just ONE liaison at Cvent rather than being sent to several different arms for different needs. I also wish the SFDC custom integration wasn't an extra cost to our organization because that is a huge need for us, but the free turnkey solution just won't work for us.

Every single day I thank the lord my organization chose to invest in Cvent! As a small events team, we were bogged down with plate spinning. Cvent takes all of the plates in the air and stacks them neatly into one platform that seamlessly integrates with so many of the other platforms we use daily: SFDC, Marketo, CrowdCompass, etc. It's a timesaver, and in an industry where time is money, the initial large investment creates a larger return on investment simply in time saved. Our corporate office also appreciates the comprehensive financial reporting that we roll up to them each year and it helps us be more strategic with budgeting.

Cvent review by Kelly A.
Kelly A.

"Lots of interesting features, but not user friendly"

What do you like best?

Cvent gives you the opportunity to use many features for an event. The full event website is a great feature for keeping all event details in one place.

What do you dislike?

The usability of Cvent is poor. Unless you are a pro at HTML coding and photoshop, there is no way to make the websites look as good. The templates Cvent offers are clean and simple, but if you are looking for a site that is more, you either need those skills or have to use the HTML and web design teams. It also takes a very long time to complete one action in the program. For example, we had to add a registration type in 3 different places before it showed up on the registration page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do as much training as you can. The required training is very basic and prepares you for about 5% of what you actually need to know before using the program. You will become very close to you customer success manager while you set up your first event.

Cvent allows you to market, register and communicate with attendees all in one space.

Cvent review by Tanya  W.
Tanya W.

"Good solid software, just needs to be a bit faster to keep up with technology trends"

What do you like best?

I like the features and functionality as the software does what it's supposed to do, especially its integration with CrowCompass making the event experience a lot better by allowing attendees to engage and interact with us through a mobile app.

What do you dislike?

I was a bit disappointed to see that they were a bit slow to keep up with technology trends, aside from our overall experience with our account team. The whole experience was always disorganized and it seemed like every month we'd get a different person to deal with. And most the time, each person didn't know what was going with their accounting.

Event management and seamless experience for our attendees. We were able to streamline our registration process and provide ease of use for our attendees to register and pay for the event without any manual process. In addition, we've provided our customers with a fun way to interact with us before and during the event with the mobile app.

Cvent review by Marissa B.
Marissa B.

"Great way to organize events with many attendees"

What do you like best?

Easy to keep track of people who accept/decline/cancel the invitation

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a little delayed in updating so the numbers may not always reflect the actual number of people who accepted/declined/cancelled. It was also very difficult to set up a multi-language event - too many steps to take and too many things to change in different places. There should be a template or walkthrough other than the online forums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using the support provided by both the online help forums and the live chat. Whenever I get stuck or confused I'll first try to sort out my problem using the online help forums and then resort to the live chat if I can't figure out the issue myself.

We use Cvent to organize client events. It makes it easier for us and for the client by centralizing all the information about the event.

Cvent review by Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.

"Most useful tool for an event planner "

What do you like best?

The ease of service. Everything is really easy for you to set up and manage on your own. However, if you do need assistance, Cvent always has someone ready to help you.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reporting can be a little off and confusing. But, as I mentioned above, you can always call Cvent and someone will help you. I also find it a bit frustrating having to pre-pay for registrants. I wish there was a way to bill us after the year of all registrations we used.

Before Cvent we were having trouble organizing and managing our attendees. Keeping excel spreadsheets of their email addresses so we can pull them when we wanted to send out an email. Now, we just pull a report and have everything I need at my fingertips.

Cvent review by Pamela M. W.
Pamela M. W.

"Cvent - Your Go To For All Things Registration"

What do you like best?

I love the versatility of Cvent...from the design and layout to the ability to create discount codes and special rates for specific attendees. It streamlines the registration process by asking all the questions that we, as an organization need answered.

What do you dislike?

There are so many tools in Cvent's "tool belt" that often I feel like I'm not using the system to the best of it's ability. With that people said, I need to be proactive in reaching out to our Cvent representative to schedule an in-person training.

We are solving many issues that used to be surprises on site, like dietary allergies, restrictions, as well as housing requests for shoulder dates. That has saved a lot of time!

A benefit has been the attendee's onus of their own registration; they can modify and update their registration on their own.

Cvent review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Powerful, but incredibly unintuitive"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of features to use in the Cvent platform; you can build your registration site and have full control over registrant information, and with a few extra add-on costs, you can plan badge printing and distribution through them, you can build the app with them, and even travel and accommodation details.

What do you dislike?

While there are lots of available features, good luck finding all of them without lots of time spent looking for them or time on the phone with your rep. The platform design is very unintuitive from the planning side, and the results on the customer side can be a very ugly design. We had to use a lot of custom HTML/CSS to get our registration website looking acceptable by our brand standards. Lots of little flaws that seemed way to obvious; I submitted around 15-20 product requests over the 6 months of using the product so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to give yourself enough time to fully go through the Cvent platform...it can be hard to know where to find and change certain features. Also, make sure you don't test registration when the event is live, or you will be charged fees for them like any other registrant.

We are using Cvent to plan our annual conference with 1,500+ attendees; at a certain point, we realized we need a better solution for our registration process, and we needed to offer an event app for our customers. The OnArrival product Cvent offers has really helped expedite the check-in process at the venue; printing the badges on-site helped with logistics, even though there were definitely new challenges we had to deal with. The event app got great reviews, but it wouldn't have had to be Cvent's product...any event app provider would work.

Cvent review by Lexi L.
Lexi L.

"Best event software there is, but a work in progress!"

What do you like best?

Cvent has incredible reporting power and the ability to gather just what you need as a planner. Customer support is absolutely fantastic and always able to help with solutions quickly.

What do you dislike?

While the platform is powerful, there is a very steep learning curve. I have been using Cvent for almost 5 years and am constantly learning/finding new things. One of the biggest challenges when I started using the platform was that I couldn't find what I was looking for. It's not intuitive at all. Once you get the structure figured out, it's much easier to locate what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your account manager and customer success consultant well. They will help you configure the platform into what you need.

We are able to easily automate registration for our events and track ROI using the Salesforce add on.

Cvent review by Lori W.
Lori W.

"All You Need for Event Management"

What do you like best?

Cvent's suite of event planning software integrates everything in one place. From your contact list to your venue RFP process to speaker abstracts to registration to mobile app.

What do you dislike?

You'll spend a pretty penny for the software; however the time and frustration it saves your event, sales and marketing teams is well worth the investment!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best mobile app there is! I've used Double Dutch and SpotMe, and this is so much easier for the event planner, very robust and integrates with the rest of the Cvent platform. If that's not enough, it also integrates with your CRM or Marketing Automation platform.

Better visibility to sales and marketing teams using Salesforce integrations and reporting allows for timely follow-up with prospects, more appointments and ultimately more dollars in the door.

Cvent review by Lindsay B.
Lindsay B.

"Flexible enough for "out of the box" users"

What do you like best?

Cvent is very flexible for "out of the box" thinkers.

What do you dislike?

Enhancements are based on the number of requests verses the usability across the platform. There are enhancements that would make logical sense based on the system that have yet to be implemented. Furthermore, the reports are not consistent across the various modules of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cvent is a highly customizable and flexible management system that can integrate across each of its multiple platforms.

Highly structured automation across registration processes for clients by encouraging 80% adoption of the online system. Most clients realize a 97% adoption of the online system. We have standardized the registration processes using templates to ensure ease of setup. Additionally, we have automated as many emails as possible from Abandoned registration emails to notify the registrant of an incomplete registration, to setting up emails to confirm name tags, encouraging participants to preregister for additional sessions / CEUs, to any customized communication that a Client would like us to send. We have also created a work flow from Cvent to our assigned agents to the air travel components to gather the necessary information for completing of the air reservation.

Cvent review by Kristina J.
Kristina J.

"Great Software, Not Intuitive for Every Aspect"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to set-up and event and get it started. Once you have a good grasp of how to use the software, most items are very intuitive and easy to use. Their help team is typically very helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects are still hard to work through such as seating and some travel aspects. It is simple, but just takes time and is not always the easiest to work through.

It has been easy to streamline the registration process and that has helped with our client needs. But they still have some bugs to work out in terms of just overall use. It has been beneficial to have something that that our team can get trained in and become an expert in using.

Cvent review by Stephen M.
Stephen M.

"Incredible software, support and service"

What do you like best?

Wow - what a hard choice. From the customer service to the functionality of CVent, we were blown away by all you can do. There was never a "no" answer for our event needs, the team was always able to find a solution.

What do you dislike?

Quite difficult to learn without the support team. I would have no idea what to do or where to begin without them and I feel for those who did not purchase the package that includes this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be expensive, but if you are looking for a professional project from start to finish, this is totally worth the money.

No ads on our registration, professional feel, and incredible yield. We had an 82% open rate for our emails - which is unheard of!

Cvent review by Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.

"Robust and easy-to-use event management software"

What do you like best?

Cvent offers so many options and ways to customize each event to to ensure all needs are met. From the templates, to the registration process, Cvent allows you to display and capture just about any information you will need. Even if the information is highly customized, the reporting features are very easy to use, so any customized information is still easily pulled into a report.

I like the interface the best - edits and additions are easy to make. And even if you don't know exactly where to do, it's very user friendly, and you typically can find it yourself without having to use Help & Support.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's almost TOO robust. Many of the events I create are very simple. They don't need all the bells and whistles. So navigation and "turning off' the many features that Cvent provides can be cumbersome at times.

I don't like how you can't see the changes you make real-time. You have to save and close and then refresh your preview. However, I believe this is changing with their new release, where all changes can be seen real-time, which is great!

We're finally able to collect accurate data for all of our events. The software we previously used did not offer any type of tracking or data collection. With the use of Cvent, we have a much more accurate collection of data, especially with the use of OnArrival. We're able to see history, report on trends, and capture valuable member data that we couldn't do previously.

Cvent review by Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.

"Gaining Appreciation for Cvent"

What do you like best?

The customer support is absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend calling their support line for any problems. We also benefited from one-on-one training at their office in D.C.

What do you dislike?

Unless you're an expert Cvent user, it can be frustrating. You may think you changed something across the entire website, only to find out you missed a portion. Data Tags often fix this issue though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of any free training you can get. Try to have them sit down with you and build an event template. Be aware that there are extra costs associated with additional features that you will want to use!

We have more people registering for our events, and we have cut down on paper costs. This has saved us countless man hours.

Cvent review by Laura C.
Laura C.

"Innovative Year at SigEp"

What do you like best?

We spend the last year and a half innovating our use of Cvent it's really paid off. We've worked to update experience for our attendees from when they arrive (using OnArrival) to survey feedback when they arrive back home.

What do you dislike?

Although it's in the works - we wish we could jump ahead to using Flex this year for our events!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to other organizations that use it and see the benefit from a true user's' experience!

We've been able to print nametags using OnArrival which saves us hours and hours of staff time. We've used session scanning / participating to track our attendees, and had the opportunity to make systematic and strategic changes to our programming with that data.

Cvent review by Lacey A.
Lacey A.

"Cvent is the industry leader for a reason! "

What do you like best?

Cvent has allowed our event so team to effectively manage 350-400 events a year because of its robust system. BOth the simplicity of express events and being able to build multi track, multi reg types has increased our productivity beyond measure. The Crowd Conpass app integration is also a huge value add to our team and clients on-site during events

What do you dislike?

The log in process for Crowd Compass and limitations in express events. Although it is meant to be fast and easy, I sometimes find I need 1-2 unique features will make it a standard registration (regret survey, add Guest function, etc.)

Saving hours of manual tracking in spreadsheets, mail merges for personalized agendas and pre-printing sometimes upwards of 500+ nametags. With data tags, OnArrival and Cvent registration sites we are easily able to House all data in one central hub.

Cvent review by Katherine B.
Katherine B.

"Cvent is the best option"

What do you like best?

Cvent has functionality that can greatly reduce time spent manually reviewing data. Cvent offers great reporting options including a bunch of pre-made, standard reports as well as the option to create your own, custom reports. You have the ability to create a report group specific to your event and provide report access to various parties involved. Report access may be tailored, so report access users only see the data they need.

What do you dislike?

Some features are advertised in the sales pitch, but are not fully functioning. They have great ideas like offering roommate-matching options in the hotel accommodations section, but the way it is set up is not fully thought-out nor completely helpful. I wish the Cvent developers would ask event and registration managers HOW they would like specific features to work and match the user experience to that feedback. Sometimes it is obvious that the people building the code do not fully understand how it would be applied in the industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cvent is the best product available, but still could make some improvements to be the best product.

Many of our clients used to do everything by hand in multiple spreadsheets. Cvent puts all of your event data in one place. Cvent allows you to gather personal contact data, hotel requests, flight requests, etc. Cvent will also integrate with flight-booking programs, so all of the flights booked get pushed back into Cvent. Then you are able to create manifests and arrange ground transportation. Cvent removes a lot of painful work that used to be necessary and is now automated.

Cvent review by User

"CVENT Support is the best!"

What do you like best?

CVENT support is awesome. Everyone I have dealt with is completely knowledgeable of the product. Some days I'm super swamped and can't get on the phone with support so I use their chat feature. A recap of every call and chat is sent to you in email. A recap of all open tickets can also be found in the community section of the product. If the support cannot solve the problem in a timely manner over phone or chat, they will let you know so that you don't have to wait. They then research it further and email you the solutions. It's awesome!

What do you dislike?

I seem to struggle with the search section under the "help and support section". Many times it returns results that are not relevant to my search. There are a lot of times when "data tag" is the first item in the search results even when my it is not relevant to my search. That drives me nuts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take all training that is available. I highly recommend getting certified in the product. I have not regretted that decision.

My company is using cvent to manage all meetings and registrations. I currently build nothing but registration sites and manage all aspects that go along with that. We currently moved to FLEX and I like it thus far. I haven't had a lot of time to test it fully. I look forward to taking the webinars and attending the customer success conference in Atlanta!

Cvent review by Elsa G.
Elsa G.

"Great event software"

What do you like best?

Cvent makes it easy to manage events - they cover all the options and helped our organization think of new ways to present our events to potential attendees. Additionally, they helped us start accepting online payments while we were working out details of how to manage registration payments so that we didn't have to struggle to understand merchant services until we were ready.

What do you dislike?

Having to select a certain number of attendees per year feels restrictive and frustrating. What if we add more events? What if we cancel an event? Seems punitive and makes it hard for me to justify the ROI. The large cost associated with the software was a big jump for us from our previous system, even though Cvent gave us significant additional functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a full-featured event software, I don't think you'll get a better option.

We specifically used Cvent as an option to streamline our registrations and also help us manage online payments. Both of these goals were well realized with their software.

Cvent review by Jillian K.
Jillian K.

"Cvent: An Event Planner's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

The ease of use with the software, the ease of use during training, the impeccable customer support, the constant and changing improvements. All of these things combined make for a fantastic software.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have ever disliked was the prior iteration of Cvent before Blue was released but they fixed that and everything has been hunky dory since!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Cvent for event management. Their customer service is fantastic, their system is easy to use, and it makes me happy.

For us, this allows us to manage users during our events much more smoothly. We run webinars and conferences using the software and it has made everything exponentially less of a headache. When you run events, you already have a million things to worry about and this removes a lot of stress from our team during the event. We are also very much looking forward to being able to use the mobile app for our next major event, which is in 2019. The use of the app will keep our attendees much more involved during the conference and involve them more in the process before and during the conference lead up. We're sure that by using the mobile app and rapid check-in provided by Cvent, our users will feel much more involved in the process and get them more excited for the event.

Cvent review by Tyler C.
Tyler C.

"It works, but with limited visual flexibility on the web side."

What do you like best?

Ease of use of the API for us to build dynamic agendas on our external event site. I am the web developer so I don't use a lot of the feautes but spent a lot of time in cvent in the past when we used the website feature.

What do you dislike?

The event website editor needs a lot of features and work. We moved our event site out os cvent this year due to the limited flexibility. The API allowed us to build dynamic and automatic agendas.

Event management is easier with Cvent. It's easier to manage and event when you have the right tools. Cvent fills in most of those gaps. Hoping to see constant improvement from Cvent on their tools.

Cvent review by JC G.
JC G.

"Cvent is a one stop shop"

What do you like best?

I have only been using cvent for a couple of months now, but it has been a game changer. It has made everything about our event process travel much smoother. Plus it gives us a new sophisticated look to registration.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about the software, one big key thing would be that while their flex feature is extremely customized it is only about 95%. I would like to be able to have a 100% customized control.

We are able to have all of our event information in one place, which wasn't the case before. It also makes our on site event run much smoother.

Cvent review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"User-friendly process"

What do you like best?

Our organization primarily uses the Event Management side of Cvent, and I love that it is user-friendly and allows for a completely customized event website. The customer support staff is also extremely helpful and quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

While most things on Cvent are able to be customized, some processes are very long and involved, which feels less intuitive on the back end. I have also had issues on certain web browsers with the system (it runs slower or certain functions won't load).

We use Cvent primarily for event registration. It works well for us to have attendees register this way and keeps everything organized leading up to our event.

"Cvent helps our team"

What do you like best?

Customized reports and questions help us to build reports/questions on what we need to kow about our registrants, register different types of people (sponsors, exhibitors, etc). The support system if you submit a case is very fast and responsive. There are multiple ways to contact them and they were great when we needed to use them internationally.

What do you dislike?

Ability to brand our registrations with our logos/colors without using coding. Sometimes can get buggy and not work for a few hours. It can also take a bit to process some of the saved changes.

We are able to pull customized reports that meet our registration needs. We are able to get live updates as soon as someone registers for our programs. In addition, we get planner alerts when someone registers who has a dietary restriction. The time it takes to build an event is super fast and easy. There are different types of event setups so we can do a more complex event or a faster/simpler event.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Very great and always Upgrading"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the software is forever upgrading and collecting feedback to make improvements. The more continuous feedback that might be provided for an issue the more chance that cvent will try to resolve the issue.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that i might get advice from my customer service rep on how to implement something for my event... but i can hear something totally different from someone from their call center if i ask the same question. Also, scheduling a call with my customer service rep has been difficult before if I am on a deadline and need to get on the phone.

I am solving the problem of my organization being left in the stone age. We used to do everything manually with registration and we would print 5-6 boxes just of paper. So now we are able to appeal more to a younger audience instead of catering to our old members.

Cvent review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Cvent Event Management"

What do you like best?

The reporting functionality and the online support center are amazing. The online center answers most of my questions from the search bar, I rarely need to call in. The reporting functionality enables us to report both on one single event with details and also on cross events.

What do you dislike?

Front end user interface is not my favorite but with Flex it should improve for us. Refining the configuration on the front end can be difficult. When we configure the registration pages for example, there might be a header that takes quite a bit of digging to either remove or change.

Managing our event registrations in one platform is huge for us. We are currently managing 55 events, most of which require registration. Having that all in one place is extremely beneficial and best of all is the reporting capabilities it has. It enables us to easily digest the status of each or all of our events at one time. I couldn't imagine working without it.

Cvent review by James D.
James D.

"Have been using CVent for 3 Years"

What do you like best?

The automation of the registration process for all of our events has saved a huge aount of time. My team run around 120 events a year and CVent makes the arduous task of managing invitees very simple.

What do you dislike?

Some of the customer facing aspects can be a bit clunky and not very user friendly - CVent are fixing this with the launch of CVent Flex. Very excited about this new update!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time on training at the start as there is a lot of functionality and it can be overwhelming.

Time saving has been the biggest benefit as it ends up saving the company huge amounts of labour cost.

Cvent review by User

"Verry Difficult to learn"

What do you like best?

Has a lot of features, and customer service team is very helpful, since it is almost impossible to manipulate all those features without assistance.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve is very steep on the product, and after working with it for a year, I still get lost on a daily basis. There are so many options and layers, it takes forever to learn, and many of the customizations are not intuitive at all.

Website design for express is good, but the classic version is terribly clunky and hard to use. Sometimes there are weird spaces in the emails that even the help desk can't get rid of, and if you use data tags, the tables can come out looking like a 1995 word processor form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Employees need to be trained extensively, and try not to get frustrated when trying to customize events. Best to use express whenever possible, since although it has less functionality, it is much simpler to figure out.

We have a dedicated number to call when we have issues, which makes it easier to get ahold of someone at the help desk. Most quick problems can be solved using help chat, which is also nice when you don't feel like talking to a call center.

Eliminated printing badges ahead of time, paper registration, most phone registration, and a lot of the leg work behind sourcing hotels and restaurants. Also helps store documents related to meetings, and simplifies budgeting. Templates also make it much easier to send uniform communications.

Cvent review by Lori K.
Lori K.

"Great functionality and end user experience"

What do you like best?

I think the event set up is very intuitive, making it pretty easy to set up a new event. The event webpages also have a nice look to them. The registration process allows you to set up very basic to very complex registration scenarios.

What do you dislike?

Some staff feel the look of the webpages is outdated, but I look forward to Cvent's new FLEX system that will upgrade the design functionality to create a "better looking" webpage.

We used to not really be able to offer online registration, and did over 7,000 registrations a year manually. That included manual invoicing, tracking and sending confirmation emails. Cvent has GREATLY improved our accuracy, efficiency and the end user experience!

Cvent review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Planner friendly, concise database"

What do you like best?

Cvent is planner-friendly by offering a one-stop shop for sourcing and submitting proposals to destinations. This is especially useful for planners who are doing multiple events at one time, keeps all the information in one spot and allows for sorting.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were ways for convention bureaus to have more access to what planners are sending to the destination. You have limited access to what is coming into the market and only know about what comes in if the planners include you on the proposals sent. I also wish there was tracking available from the advertising options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to have access to many different third-party planners as Cvent works to make it easy for them. Helms Briscoe also has a partnership with Cvent, giving you more exposure to that company.

We are marketing our destination to planners across the country and internationally. We are able to buy in to more advertising opportunities, giving us exposure in different markets, and hopefully to more planner eyes. We also have options to do advertising and exposure via e-newsletters. We do like the option for Convention Bureaus to have the double-check screen pop up. This is a second action asking the planners if they want to include the local convention bureau.

Cvent review by Stacy W.
Stacy W.

"Best solution for SMM"

What do you like best?

Cvent's capability to create full SMM - registration, attendee management, budget, reporting, surveys, apps - it's a great tool that we're still learning how to use at full strength, but we've got great expectations for the future.

What do you dislike?

Help features are still a bit hard to navigate. Customer Care is just a call away, so that's helpful, but we've had mixed reviews on some of the conversations with agents. Some seem less willing to investigate issues than others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep working on your implementation and play with the system as much as you can. There are some great features that we haven't even begun to utilize well yet, so we know the future is bright.

SMM in full - getting our internal team and our attendees to use a consistent platform is a huge step. We hope to build brand awareness and consistency for expectations among both audiences.

Cvent review by Megan R.
Megan R.

"My favorite event software!!"

What do you like best?

Cvent has it all!! I love that we were able to go green and have the ability to update events as the changes occur and keep all attendees connected 24/7.

What do you dislike?

While I love cvent it can get pricey depending on how many additional features you want to use and add. The costs can quickly add up for large events.

The biggest problem we solved with cvent is having our registration being able to talk with our badge/event software. Our events would also be changing up until the last possible minute and having everything digital allows us to continually update our event information.

Cvent review by Breanne I.
Breanne I.

"Great as a Registration Tool"

What do you like best?

Extremely user friendly and quick to learn.

What do you dislike?

Customer Support can be discouraging, and customizing of the event website is difficult and limiting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am rather computer savvy so it's easy for me to pick up. There are times when I contact customer support I know more than them and that is discuouraging because then I'm routed to a bunch of different support reps. Initially when we started with them I felt as if I spoke to a person that has ACTUALLY used the software NOT just someone trained to do customer support for the software.

We needed a way to process payments and went with Cvent for that and have a great platform to register and plan our event.

Cvent review by Bikram R.
Bikram R.

"Feedback for Cvent Event Registration Tool/Customer Service"

What do you like best?

It's the most flexible and advanced tool for attendee registration.

What do you dislike?

Noting but like it to grow more. I do not hate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the kind of innovations going on in Cvent, I am sure it will be unbeatable in the near future to come. Keep up the good work and all the best.

Attendee registration, website building for different clients. It's the most advanced tool that we have in the meetings & events industry. It's amazing to see how soon it topped the market as the leader in the attendee registration and other other feature to make the Meetings & Events industry planners, owners, developers life easy and smooth. Customer Service is another cream that Cvent has and have never compromised on that. They make sure that we get the best out of their product and people equally.

"Flexible, time-saving software"

What do you like best?

We no longer have to tell our clients that our registration software can't do what they are requesting. It also streamlines the registration, payment and invoicing process with minimal effort from our team. Such a time-saver

What do you dislike?

It's a bit hard to fully understand how all the settings and functions work together at first. There is a learning curve when first learning how to set it up, but Cvent does give you very personalize support in the first few months. Also customer service is always available for time sensitive requests and they are always helpful and professional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste your time learning other, cheaper products.

We needed a dynamic and customize registration software that didn't take tons of staff time to manage. Our partners and attendees are very happy with the event registration process and we spend less staff time managing event registraiton.

Cvent review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Intuitive, Robust Event Management Software"

What do you like best?

Cvent is intuitive and very user-friendly. It has numerous integrations that make it a perfect software for medium-larger-sized companies. My favorite integration is with SFDC as our sales team uses it on a daily basis and it significantly decreases the amount of manual work for the team.

What do you dislike?

The support isn't always the best. CSM response time is varied and the overseas team doesn't always know what's going on. There's also very high turnover so you're likely to cycle through multiple CSMs in short amount of time which can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user and system admin, I really enjoy using this product and it has greatly enhanced and improved our business processes from venue sourcing to planning and executing all aspects of small and large events. I can't imagine using a different product!

Event Management (registration, emails, invitee management, etc.), Supplier Network, Surveys. As mentioned above, we have automated the event registration process, attendee import process on SFDC and the overall user experience for our customers. Surveys are much more complex than before and their Supplier Network tool is extremely useful when finding venues for trainings, conferences, etc. We also use their sister company, CrowdCompass, for event apps. It's been super helpful for us and allowed us to save a lot of money on costs associated with printing materials for events and conferences.

Cvent review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Long way to go but they're trying"

What do you like best?

There's a lot of potential here, especially with all the talent they've absorbed from their accuisitions.

What do you dislike?

I won't go into a long list here. Most of the other reviews are dead on in this respect. I hate the fact that there's no competition (partially because of said acquisitions). This company will be something someday, it's not today but who else are you going to go with?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around. In my experience, not a lot of people are going to need everything Cvent does. If another product works for you, save the money. But there are many features that you can only get with this product because they bought out all their competition. Even if you go with another product, it'll probably get bought and squashed by Cvent eventually.

Event registrations. Same

Cvent review by Chere B.
Chere B.

"What a great partner we found!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy everything about this app, its intuitive and very useful. The reporting allows us to track ROI, attendee participation, popular workshops and manage the budget. When using this software with Crowd Compass it makes the entire integration easy. We've also just integrated Sales Force with the software which allows us merge much needed data about our members.

What do you dislike?

The good thing about this company is that they are always improving, so the things that I wished were improved have been. They is always room to make it more intuitive but for now it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and see for yourself, if you missing something challenge the company to help you meet your need.

Tracking registrations are easily tracked among our members, the build in reports and graphs really assit me in presenting data to the stakeholders.

Cvent review by Brett W.
Brett W.

"Cvent for Enterprise"

What do you like best?

Admin capabilities, ability to scale, interface with mobile app, ease of sign up for contacts (customer flow), templating capabilities

What do you dislike?

outdated interface and user flow, html templating is limited and has to be hacked together, new event module missing some key functionality (but legacy one still fully functional), intermittent/casual users have difficulty with administering events

Recommendations to others considering the product

Negotiate on the pricing and only choose this if you need to handle complex events

We signed with Cvent to handle 1000+ events per year across multiple departments in our organization. By creating a process and custom templates (for event websites and marketing emails) we were able to produce designs that matched departmental branding. Through slight tweaks to the UI of emails and websites we increased our user conversion rates significantly (vs. our previous solution). And perhaps most important, Cvent allowed us to build out multi-day, multi-track events for hundreds of attendees, replacing a cumbersome and expensive solution we had used previously for our premier events.

Cvent review by Brittany S.
Brittany S.

"Lead Workshop Coordinator"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to track our registrations across multiple events; run reports that that give me a great snapshot of financials, event specific questions, and other pertinent information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is to robust and doesn't offer WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) so when you want to make a change to a registration process, sometimes it is hard to find where to make that change.

Cvent saves us hours of manual tracking in spreadsheets, using Access and mail merging for nametags and agenda. With everything in one location, it is easy to track, print, and organize everything.

Cvent review by Gil B.
Gil B.

"Great and robust event management software"

What do you like best?

The software makes it it easy to create a professinal looking invitation and website. The regiatration link is provided so that attendees can easily respond.

What do you dislike?

The only problem we have with Cvent is with the membership management. Our members are not individuals, but organizations. Cvent's database of contacts are individuals. There is no relational connection between the individual and the organization they are associated with. Therefore it is difficult to treat a contact as a belonging to a member organization vs.a non-member organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training and use all the features of this rich product.

Revenue collection in specific accounts is made easy with Cvent. We also use their supplier network feature to send RFPs to potential venues. In spite of any gaps with membership management, Cvent is the premier event management software. It has everything you need.

Cvent review by Tessa W.
Tessa W.

"Cvent has changed my life!"

What do you like best?

The customer service aspect of Cvent is unparalleled. Emails are replied to within a couple hours (at the ABSOLUTE latest... i usually have a reply from someone within an hour max!).

Every single person i have dealt with has been so accommodating and over the top helpful, even when my questions are redundant!

What do you dislike?

I really wish there was a way to organize a trade show registration, instead of manipulating existing pathways to accommodate a trade show, it would be nice to have that as a specific feature, and be completely tailored to the needs of trade show organization/logistics.

The conference we organize that we use Cvent for, used to be managed via mail/fax and paper applications, payment authorization forms, etc... we would mail out registration forms and information to over 35 different countries, and the registration forms would trickle in by fax or email.

All of the information then had to be entered into the database, and filed away.

It was cumbersome, and it was done this way up until approximately 2011 when i joined the team and implemented Cvent!

Cvent review by Administrator

"Improved Experience for All of Our Attendees"

What do you like best?

Even though Cvent has the most advanced registration system, they are always striving to make it better than it already is for the planners and the registrants.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I have always been able to work with Cvent on any issue and figure out a solution or ways that it can work better for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely reach out to Cvent and see how they can make it best work for you!

The online pre-registration process has drastically improved for our attendees, it is much more streamlined and allows us to easily gather the information that we are looking for. In addition, thanks to their onsite solutions, it is a much easier check-in process for our attendees as well. Overall, we benefit on the planning side and our attendees have a better experience.

Cvent review by Sara K.
Sara K.

"Great customer service, but not for 101 users"

What do you like best?

Cvent's customer support is truly outstanding, they are detail oriented and will not end a conversation until a problem is solved or a solution plan is in place.

What do you dislike?

The platform itself isn't incredibly intuitive; without knowing what I have learned about Cvent as a returning user, if I were to attempt to build out a site/event on my own I would struggle to understand any of the inner-workings or back-end management without serious help.

Our registration process on-site is quick and streamlined, and the benefits are from our attendees who are so impressed and happy with that process.

Cvent review by Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.

"Your Event Management Best Friend"

What do you like best?

Cvent makes it easy to manage multiple events at one time. I love the analytics and being able to track who has opened emails.

What do you dislike?

Navigating the platform can be a bit cumbersome at first, but after you get a few events under your belt it becomes easier. When setting up different registration types there is no option to make the same change across registration types (ie if I were changing the instructions at the top of a page). You have to make the same change under each type, which can be time-consuming.

Cvent helps us track attendee data in one place and gives our attendees a consistent registration experience across all of the events we do. Time is money, and this saves us a ton of time.

Cvent review by Carl L.
Carl L.

"CVENT has saved us time and integrated our operations"

What do you like best?

We are a multi-client firm with event and communication needs that go from very simple to very complex. After reviewing 7 different platforms over six months, CVENT was the only one platform that could deliver on the complex event setups. The best features are that we now have the ability to integrate events, communication, web platform, CE tracking and membership information all into one system.

We now utilize CVENT not just for event management, but for association management for all of our clients. Other systems had good interfaces, however lacked on event management experience which for our members and clients is the number one thing they value. CVENT provides that good member experience from registration to completion of the event.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see additional features in the eMarketing platform dealing with items such as embedded video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend taking some time with your client success manager and work on what you want to do and how to build it. This system, just like any other, will take time to learn all of the advanced features it has. Focus on your immediate needs first, then set out a time every 6 months to learn a new feature.

We used to use Constant Contacts Event Spot and had to have three separate registrations to manage one of our complex events and would then merge the spreadsheets together, ending up usually being wrong. Continuing education tracking and remitting of credit certificates was also a multi-day task along with just getting things like badges printed.

CVENT allows us to have different user experiences in the same registration eliminating error prone tasks that come with manipulating spreadsheets. We went from spending days to complete badges and CE's to spending around 30 minutes now. That is a huge savings for us and our team. I have calculated that for every $1 we invest in CVENT we save $1.65 in staff payroll costs which is a huge bottom line savings for us.

Cvent review by Laura C.
Laura C.

"An integrated event management tool that makes my life easier!"

What do you like best?

I love how all of the tools interact seamlessly. I use the event management tool for my event website and online registration. I also use OnArrival which provides a fast, elegant check-in experience for my attendees. I use the lead tracking program and SocialWall. It is a complete package and it all works so well together.

What do you dislike?

The web and registration content builders are a bit complex unless you use them often. That said, help is only a phone call or email away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This company has wonderful people to help. I think they are the innovators and leaders in the marketplace and will continue to hold that position.

Cvent solutions help me produce events that are professional and modern. All of the tools make my job easier and enhance the experience for my attendees. Having the Cvent staff onsite for the 360 On Arrival and the lead tracking system is better than having my own staff at the event!

Cvent review by Jaime  H.
Jaime H.

"We've just scratched the surface with Event Management"

What do you like best?

Cvent Event Management has made our invitation process so much more efficient. Continued support and integration options (specifically Marketo and SFDC) have increased our ease of use and communication with our own team members. The reporting features are so valuable to our internal customers!

What do you dislike?

Cvent isn't terribly intuitive. Would love to see more template options and easier design features.

In addition to the sharp-looking invitations and registration sites, the reporting features allow my team to show internal customers open rates, status and responses in real-time which cuts down on those inbox-cluttering "how many people have registered?" emails!

Cvent review by Andrea R.
Andrea R.

"Cvent collaboration"

What do you like best?

Being able to house all aspects of my event in one place and being able to share important analytics with my stakeholders. Integration between mobile app and registration to allow my attendees the opportunity to handle their changes in real time.

What do you dislike?

The areas in which we have not been pleased mainly correlated to the antiquated look and feel of Cvent. However, this has been greatly improved with the introduction of Flex!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a robust system and therefore does take time. However, the amount of work you invest on the front end will greatly increase the time saved on the back end and moving forward.

Having year over year reporting that can be shared with stakeholders and having a platform based solution that provides everything needed to be successful.

Cvent review by Administrator

"Steamless Check-in with Cvent OnArrival"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Cvent OnArrival is that you have several options to choose from based on the size of your events. I've used everything from Premium to Event in A Box. I've enjoyed both experiences and made check-in stress-free and quick for attendees.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, I cannot think of anything that I dislike. It would be nice to be able to change what level per event rather than paying for one service for an entire year. Our events fluctuate with what is needed and sometimes hard to justify a consultant coming onsite for a 50-person event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

We have been able to use our internal resources for other tasks rather than having multiple people work on the same thing - more time efficient.

Cvent review by Amy D.
Amy D.

"Cvent is an amazing tool"

What do you like best?

My favorite part is honestly the people. They partner with me to help me meet my goals, and connect me with other planners to share best practices not just on technology, but on running a department as well.

The help desk has raised the bar for me. They are the best help desk on the planet with thoroughly trained people who clearly have used the products, not just been taught how to read out of a manual. If they product doesn't do exactly what I'm looking for, they not only document it as an enhancement request, but they consistently try to find work around solutions rather than just tell me, "it doesn't do that."

From the company's leadership to sales contacts, to the help desk, to implementation managers, they are the best in the business! Cvent Connect is the best industry event out there from this Meeting Manager's point of view.

What do you dislike?

There are some tweaks I'd like to see to have the travel modules work slightly better, but it doesn't come up that often. They seem to listen and try to address issues as they come up. It's great to be able to talk directly to the developers and hear why they did it the way they did, and share what could be improved from the end user's side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend a Cvent conference and ask real life users about their experiences.

Cvent brings together all aspects of my Meetings & Events Department. I can source venues, track and report on event status, manage my budgets, register my attendees and run all my reporting from one place.

Cvent review by Laura V.
Laura V.

"Cvent - A Review"

What do you like best?

Cvent has a lot of different options and feature available. This availability makes it so that we only need to use this one program for all of our needs, instead of many different programs. Cvent certainly tries to be sensitive to it's clients needs.

What do you dislike?

Customer service. We call Cvent a lot with questions or requests, and although they are helpful some of the time, there are too many times where they do not know what they are talking about, or say they'll get back to us with an answer, but either they don't, or it's a few weeks later when our event has already ended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please see all of the different options available within Cvent

One of our issues is making sure our events go smoothly. Cvent has certainly helped with the registration process and payment, and that has helped our attendees flow smoothly through the entrance to the meeting.

Cvent review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Nimble Event Tech"

What do you like best?

The help and support that Cvent provides is amazing. Their resource library is expansive and their support team is always quick to find a solution and help with questions.

What do you dislike?

There is a sharp learning curve when it comes to learning the tool. The navigation isn't second nature at first. As with all thing, though, practice makes perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A technical admin with a background in event management will be a big help. Don't be afraid to reach out to Cvent for support and resources.

The event management tools provided by Cvent allow our event planners to host events in a strategic manner. Thanks to an integration with our CRM, we are able to capture event engagement data to enable targeted marketing efforts. Plus, Cvent's help and support team is always quick to answer even the most complex questions. When you couple all of that with onsite solutions and streamlined reporting, the result is saved time and better data for all of our events.

Cvent review by Holly B.
Holly B.

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

Cvent gives us the flexibility to build different registration sites that meet our internal clients needs.

What do you dislike?

Some processes that you must follow are counter intuitive. Rather than following what should be a logical process to complete a task you must memorize a series of steps, instead of relying on an intuitive process.

We've solved our needs for reporting on budgets for meetings and events across our entire company. We can view our spend for different business units and seeing our meeting metrics in different formats. This allows us to report back to accounting with more transparent reports.

Cvent review by Shelley M.
Shelley M.

"Cvent is our preferred event solution!"

What do you like best?

We are a not-for-profit sport organization so we are always looking for economical and practical solutions. We started using CrowdCompass in 2014 and then moved to the full CVENT platform in 2015. I love the integration between the two and the ease of use. The help desk is also amazing and always available to troubleshoot issues with you.

What do you dislike?

Inability or flexibility to remove modules once they are added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know what modules you require before adding them. In my experience they will not let you remove them once added.

We want to ensure that our events run smoothly. Cvent has certainly helped with the registration process and payment, and CrowdCompass has enabled for us to communicate with our attendees onsite. They work seamlessly together and provide us with exactly wheat we need.

Cvent review by Andrea R.
Andrea R.

"Cvent = Clear & Easy Event Management"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting features the most. I can set up automatic reports to be sent to selected individuals or distribution lists.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes so far. The customer support is excellent if I have any issues or questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommended Cvent to our sister cruise line brands already. Seabourn and Carnival Cruise Line are using Cvent under my license.

All of our event communication and promotion has been streamlined and now everything is branded perfectly. Everything we now promote, event wise, is similar across all Sales department events. We can track our progress on registration very easily and if we need to communicate with the masses or just one person, Cvent makes everything very simple and straight forward.

"So much data! "

What do you like best?

I love the data export that you can get from using Cvent! Taking the time on the front end to stack the questions with the kind of data you're hoping to report on gives AMAZING results.

What do you dislike?

Cvent is extremely time consuming on the front end, even when comfortable with the event entering, it's clunky to create but well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to take the tutorials and familiarize yourself with everything that Cvent offers. There are so many reports that you can produce, it's important for you to know what to enter on the front end to get the results you want on the back end.

We are finally using Cvent for ALL of our event software needs. Having all of our events stored in one place and all collecting the same data is incredible!

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"The Best Event Management Platform"

What do you like best?

There are so many things to love about cvent that it is difficult to pick just one. Some highlights include the reporting features (especially as they roll out reports 2.0), how user friendly it is, the OnArrival check in features, their help and support features, and their RFP solution.

What do you dislike?

Cvent is so robust that sometimes it can be difficult to figure out the best way to set up an event. It can also be confusing because there are multiple ways to accomplish the same goal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best features of Cvent is their responsive Account Managers and their help and support staff. They are extremely responsive, and they don't just solve the problem for you - they teach you how to do it so you increase your expertise for next time.

Cvent allows us to have visibility into our event KPIs that we did not have before. We are now able to track data across all of our events, compare to the past, and see where we need improvement. If cvent doesn't automatically have a data field that we want to track, we can build in custom fields, which is a huge plus. Also, the biggest problem that Cvent helps us solve is visibility into our attendance and attrition numbers. We are not able to have a staff member at each event, so the OnArrival solution allows us to accurately capture walk up attendees and no shows.

Cvent review by Geoffrey S.
Geoffrey S.

"Notes from A Tired Old Registrar"

What do you like best?

Reporting features, easy to use backend

What do you dislike?

No control over group membership; refunds

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with Cvent to representatives to use the features available to suit your needs. They will support any level of customization of your system, but if you get too complicated with too many custom fields/features, you may end up slowing your own implementation.

Using Cvent we have increased our SH satisfaction with our registration process, improved our marketing channels and outreach, consolidated our RFP process, and managed conferences from start to finish for groups from 200 - 2000

Cvent review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Lots of depth, seemingly endless possibilities, AND, always improving!"

What do you like best?

Cvent offers a wide menu of event solutions, but my favorite part is really how I feel about the brand and company as a whole. They are constantly improving their offerings and always keeping the end user in mind. I appreciate the progressive attitude they take with their solutions.

What do you dislike?

When building registration sites, there are so many ways you can customize it that a standard registration site can be a little daunting to a new user. However, once you master the program, all of the options essential and you gain an appreciation. HOWEVER, this interface is getting a revamp to, so soon it will no longer be a "dislike"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready for a slow onboarding to the product, but it is SO worth it to stick with it and learn.

Event registration & management - greater depth of data to collect

Event Request Form - managing a high volume of requests in an organzided way that allows us to track progression

Cvent review by Administrator

"Cvent gives you what you pay for"

What do you like best?

Our event registrations are very complex with multiple paths and registration types for most events and Cvent is the only tool we have found that allows us to give our end user what they want. The customer service is also very helpful and available to answer questions.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive and therefore we are not able to use it for our simpler yes/no events. I would love a pricing structure based on complexity so I'm not paying the same price for an event registration, no matter the complexity.

We have limited the number of invitations we send due to the ability to have multiple paths, made check in at events much smoother, especially with the help of OnArrival, and have a better customer experience overall.

Cvent review by Tanea P.
Tanea P.

"Great event management software"

What do you like best?

Ability to control what a registrant sees based on the registrants type. We do a great deal of member and standard pricing...this has been AWESOME compared to how we processed registrations in the past.

What do you dislike?

Reporting features are not the easiest to facilitate...knowing which field from which group to use.

We are now able to let registrants add and or cancel events via the web (in the past folks would have to email or call, then we'd have to return those emails/calls to get credit card information). This has decreased the number of messages we have to respond to drastically (so much so I almost thought there was an issue with my phone because it wasn't ringing and I didn't have more than 20 voicemails).

Cvent review by Administrator

"Disappointed in the actual 'help', but not the lack of desire to "help'. They are nice people."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have people request their own refunds so that I do not need to have a hand in every transaction.

What do you dislike?

It took WAY too long for me to figure out the chain of command. Many people CC'd on emails - but it took MONTHS for me to have a conversation where I figured out the role of each person - so I went to the wrong person for help each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider how much time you will have to set it up - once it is set up - it can be a challenge to get changes implemented

Collecting data from each of the registrants for a conference. Not really seeing the benefit right now- still having too many problems.

Cvent review by Beth R.
Beth R.

"Lots of great products, and improving all the time"

What do you like best?

The integration across Cvent products in amazing. The CrowdCompass mobile app is going to be incredible for our event.

What do you dislike?

Abstract management module has a long way to go to handle a complex call for papers. I’d love to be able to use it, but need more robust features.

Cvent allows for one stop shopping for my event. There is still more integrations we will be doing going forward that will significantly decrease the amount of manual work we have been doing.

Cvent review by Gillian L.
Gillian L.

"CVent for the win!"

What do you like best?

We use CVent for market research purposes. It's been four years now and it is the first budget decision I make when planning for the upcoming year. It has been a substantial revenue generator for my agency as we use it on behalf of clients who are looking to conduct various types of brand research. The platform is awesome - super intuitive, flexible, and really has everything we need built in. My favorite thing about CVent is the customer support, however. Whenever I have had a problem or question building a survey, sorting through logic, uploading email lists, trying to make a survey anonymous... whatever it might be... I have an articulate and thorough response from a dedicated customer service rep within 24 hours. Often times, if I've provided detailed enough information about the problem, they've already fixed it for me.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, no complaints. Any issues I've had have been resolved in a timely manner or put into the R&D cycle for future iterations.

This is helping me to automate our research capability, service our clients, and perform HR duties like employees' reviews.

Cvent review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"Good for events, great support"

What do you like best?

Customer support is amazing. We don't use Cvent for exactly what it's made for, so we need a lot of work-arounds and custom stuff. But every time we have an issue, their phone support is amazing.

What do you dislike?

I wish is was easier to bill people on payment plans, and to invoice people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For on-ground events with one-time payments, Cvent is awesome. They also have a really, really, good customer support system.

We sell online courses, and Cvent has made gathering classlists and managing studnets much easier.

Cvent review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"CVENT is saving me time "

What do you like best?

I love that it automates SO much for me as far as confirmations and reminders. I've used it to sell our adverting programs to customers, book attendees for our incentive trips, registration for our annual 2-day trade show for over 1000 attendees, and even small office events. This product is very versatile... I haven't found much it can't do.

What do you dislike?

Learning the system was time consuming and confusing at times, but in the end it was worthwhile. The customer service team and client success representatives are a great tool and I would highly suggest utilizing them.

Until CVENT, registering for any event we were holding was a VERY manual process, not to mention getting all of the event information to guests in a timely and organized manner, printing badges, and promoting the event. CVENT is solving all of these problems. The reporting is great too. I love that I can create a report and 'park it' so that my team can access updated registration reports anytime, rather than me having to send out constant updates.

Cvent review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"Excellent Event Platform that's easy to use"

What do you like best?

The customization is easy from a design perspective along with out of the box event creation and management. Overall, it's an easy platform to use and cuts your time in half due to the many bulk upload and editing capabilities within the system.

What do you dislike?

The inability to integrate with the basic instance of Concur.

We are solving the issue around a more automated way to manage internal and external events to ensure we are effective with our time and efforts with event launch and execution.

Cvent review by Autumn H.
Autumn H.

"Great event platform management platform!"

What do you like best?

Cvent is my go to for event management, and gives me the opportunity to connect with so many planners.

It is so easy to use for both the planner and supplier and makes the process very smooth.

What do you dislike?

If you don't get certified you have no idea how much you're missing out on. There is no flashing button telling you to do it, so just do it! Some planners also do not stay up top of the RFP's and update them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! You will not regret it.

The ease of connecting with planners and the relationships you establish with them. I am able to gain a ton of group business in the low and shoulder season.

Cvent review by Dian R.
Dian R.

"eMarketing and Survey"

What do you like best?

Within Cvent I like their customer service most, as they are prompt, helpful and takes the initiative to call you to solve cases. The surveys are easy to use as well, as well as the e-marketing function. You would need someone that can build emails well on HTML in email marketing for your email campaigns. When uploading your contacts for emailing, they automatically clean for you all duplicate emails within your excel sheet (very useful when you have 1001 names and emails).

What do you dislike?

I dislike that for the e-marketing is still old school and not like mailchimp, thus it isn't a drag and drop feature nor is it optimized for mobiles. The e-marketing function also lacks a 'bucket' feature - I think Cvent is more on surveys than email marketing, unlike other softwares such as eBay enterprise marketing email softwares where you can fully access contacts info, and segment them within the software itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For surveys perhaps Cvent is great as their functions go way beyond simple survey functions. For email marketing, not so much - its capabilities aren't like bigger email providers. Especially when doing in-depth segmentation and going mobile, I would not recommend Cvent.

This mainly helps us in all email marketing activities, as well as surveys as we are an company that need different features and capabilities to collect data.

Cvent review by Administrator

"CVENT Keeps Our Events on Track"

What do you like best?

We use Cvent for our events and conferences. Cvent makes it easy to keep track of several different types of registrations, speakers and sessions. I cant imagine trying to do a big event or conference without the organization that cvent provides.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were more built in customization options for the website section. We generally end up building a separate site and then linking to Cvent for registration/information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. This is a good product.

We are able to register many people for our events, effortlessly and seamlessly. Everything from registration to printing out name tags is included and it makes it easy for us and for our attendees.

Cvent review by Marissa W.
Marissa W.

"Cvent takes the stress out of registration management!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Cvent is the ability to send out personalized links within emails. These links allow for the registrant to see exactly what you want them to. Once they hit register it will pre-populate any information we have imported into the system which makes for a seamless experience for any attendee!

What do you dislike?

I wish that the system had better integration between a registrant and their guest. It often feels as though the two are very disconnected and that the guest registration piece was an afterthought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you switch to Cvent, try to keep in mind that there is always growing pains, but stick with it and you will see that it is well worth it. The software is very easy to navigate and allows anyone to create a website regardless of coding skills.

When my company adopted Cvent we solved the problem of having a ton of different clients on different platforms. We were able to standardize our offerings to our clients and train all of our associates on one tool. Instead of our team having basic knowledge of a plethora of registration systems, they now have become SME on one system. This allows for better internal collaboration and shared workloads.

Cvent review by Cecilia G.
Cecilia G.

"Excellent customization and the highest level of professionalism."

What do you like best?

The customer service is always excellent. The ease of use of the product overall allows for the user to both learn new skills quickly and test out new options for future events.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features that I rely on are not carried over throughout the entire product (eg: some of the search/filter selections). However, I bring this up to the customer support team and I am hoping that this will be updated!

More specifically to how we run our event -- we have people register for the event and then many months later, register for sessions. To get to the session registration section, it takes a somewhat circuitous route -- however, overall it's not a a *huge* problem, more just an aesthetics and efficiency question that I look to continue working on with my customer support team.

We are able to become better informed about our participants - what are they interested in? what brings them to us? how do they interact and use our information?

Using CVENT I can get a clear overall picture of our event, compare data between events, and easily delve deeper into who our people are and learn more about where we excel.

"Outdated Technology"

What do you like best?

It does the job. It may have been good software even a few years ago but at the moment, it is clearly outdated and legacy software.

What do you dislike?

It isn't mobile-friendly, there is no public API and platform is based on SOAP which is clearly no longer relevant today.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rather outdated. The few times I contacted support, they were unhelpful and gave me wrong information. I had to find a fix myself.

Our event coordinators can create an event, send invites out and if necessary, collect payment but it is rather difficult to integrate this with out current system architecture. So it does the job, but it is treated as a separate entity and not tied in with our system.

Cvent review by User in Computer Software

"Awesome Event Management Software"

What do you like best?

You can totally customize your attendee's experience from start to finish using advanced filters, data tags, and registration settings. The software is really complex and has a ton of capabilities. I have been using it for almost four years, and I still learn something new every day.

What do you dislike?

Not always user friendly or intuitive. Luckily they have a great support team to answer questions and help you navigate.

Cvent helps us have successful events from start to finish. I use the supplier network to find venues that fit our needs, I use the event management side to create any easy to use registration site for my registrants, I use the e-mails tool to attract new registrants and stay in touch with those who already registered, and I use the reporting features to check revenue numbers and find trends to capitalize on.

"Cvent review"

What do you like best?

Cvent is a very robust tool with endless options for event management, and has a lot of flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Account management, is not the best, changing manager every other year, and there is no rapport built there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this tool provides a lot of options for event management, but all of it's capabilities can sometimes be overwhelming. With Cvent, you can count on a great support staff that walks you through any issues you may be having with your event.

Cvent is our event management platform and it allows our organization to communicate and create company sponsored events for customers and prospects, as well as a creates an open channel for communication.

Cvent review by Jaime H.
Jaime H.

"Seamless Integration and an Event Planner's Dream!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use for sending invitations and managing registrations. Invites and rooming lists used to take up the majority of my time. Cvent has made both processes so much more efficient! But the BEST feature for my team is the ability to share real-time registration activity and reports with our colleagues. They can easily use dynamic links that give them all the info they need in one simple report. Love it!!

What do you dislike?

I only dislike that I haven't yet had the opportunity to use Cvent to its full potential! There are still so many features that we have yet to explore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you're set up and running, take advantage of the Cvent Advocate/Community opportunities! The Customer Success Events are also super helpful, if you're located near one!

Communication! Having the ability to easily copy team members on registration responses is crucial to our business. Cvent allows this along with awesome reporting features that allow our teams to view registration responses in one clean format.

Cvent review by Mia M.
Mia M.

"Cvent "

What do you like best?

The fact that they listen to customer feedback and make an effort to incorporate that into their roadmap.

Cvent provides an enterprise solution for my events from start to finish.

What do you dislike?

Abstract management was launched too soon. It didn’t have all the features to be functional.

Also, some services, pricing is prohibitive for our not for profit budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your needs, and what your future needs are. Don't be afraid to ask for demos, talk to the technical folks along with your sales person when deciding

Ease of having all the registration, check in, on-site experience under one umbrella. A team of 2 can do what 12+ used to do with manual processes.

Cvent review by Hilary R.
Hilary R.

"Easy to use and excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

I use CVENT for managing a series of classes with a partner program I help run. I have found CVENT to be very easy to use and customizable in a way that suits my needs for all different types of events. The best part about CVENT is their customer service- I've never had an easier time getting answers to my questions. Staff is always available, friendly, and helpful; plus they send you a follow-up email so you can access the answer later on if you forget.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is almost too customizable in that there are so many options it can be overwhelming.

CVENT helps a program run by two different entities share the same platform.

Cvent review by User

"PROFESSIONAL BUT SIMPLE "

What do you like best?

I love everything that is being added onto the CVENT Meeting management software. It's getting to be so much more inclusive and functional. The original version for building registration sites was somewhat difficult and confusing for those of us that do not know HTML. Flex is a wonderful introduction into the future of every user software. Kudos and thank you for the forward thinking! Customer service is outstanding!

What do you dislike?

Somewhat cumbersome and redundant formatting for some items. Switching between the Admin and Event could be easier, but that is a minor issue. I don't like the 'page-on-page' look of the completed registration site, but that has been alleviated with the new version (Yay!).

We're not using a number of different programs to print badges, manage abstracts and hotel room blocks and a mobile app. Everything is so integrated and tight that we don't need any other software / program!