Cvent

Cvent

Cvent provides easy-to-use, integrated technology solutions to maximize the impact of meetings and events of all sizes.

Work for Cvent?

Learning about Cvent?

Cvent Reviews

Ask Cvent a Question
Showing 539 Cvent reviews
Cvent review by David R.
David R.

"Cvent made our lives easier for managing our events!"

What do you like best?

Our different teams are easily able to manage all their events in one place, and as an organization we are able to see all our events as an enterprise. Our constituents have enjoyed their experience with registration, and we have been using OnArrival to check in our guests, which they have really enjoyed.

Setting up reminder emails has truly reduced staff time that they had previously spent running reports trying to get to the list of non respondents to then load into an email to send out. Now it is all done for them!!

What do you dislike?

We have been working with Cvent on providing a way to set the receipt amount for tax purposes. It is on the road map to be released soon, and once that is available, we will be in great shape.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a really powerful tool that can provide a suite of tools for users. Spend allot of time with your support person to get comfortable with all the options. Start with a simple event to get familiar with the tool, and continue to grow and evolve your events from there.

Managing all our events in one place online, and providing a standard event registration platform for our constituents.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cvent
Cvent review by Tim S.
Tim S.

"Cvent is an excellent user friendy event management and sourcing software. "

What do you like best?

Cvent is easy to use and is a comprehensive event registration and housing platform. You can use unique invitations to send registration links to targeted attendee groups. Complete with fees that have early bird and late options you can initiate fee schedules and offer discount codes as well as volume discounts for certain amount of attendees in a group.

What do you dislike?

Cvent is somewhat un-intuitive. It takes comprehensive training to learn in the beginning if you do not have a 'registration' brain. Once it is learned it is very easy to work with. It has its quirks, the HTML email editor needs work and the web component is getting a complete overhaul which is desperately needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cvent is growing at a record pace. They are a wonderful company with the customer at the front of their priorities.

We utilize Cvent for registration and housing for our internal meetings and conferences. Cvent allows us to house our conference website as well as invite targeted attendees and charge different registration fees to each attendee type. We also use the same site for our housing (hotel) booking and payment. It provides our meeting planners with the accurate hotel and flight information for each of our conference attendees.

What Event Management Platforms solution do you use?

Cvent review by Kim S.
Kim S.

"Best option on the market"

What do you like best?

For large or complex events, this is the best option on the market. With our needs for different prices, and types of registrations, and the reports that we need run, it almost does everything we need.

What do you dislike?

There a still a lot of challenges, and things that take a lot of time, aren't easy to figure out. The company is so big that sometimes the things you need fixed don't get updated for a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trainings, webinars, and success groups. Sometimes you get more answers to your problems than just visiting customer service alone.

We had trouble with our internal systems for registrations making people enter in their information 3 times. with Cvent, we can upload our lists and everything is pulled for them to review but not have to type in again. We are also able to run any report that we can think of that our client might need to see.

Cvent review by Amara G.
Amara G.

"Makes Event Management Easy"

What do you like best?

We like the ease of use. Creating events, pulling reports, venue sourcing makes it simple on the back end. For our clients, it is easy to register and find all necessary information. Cannot wait for the new Flex interface to be fully rolled out because it take event pages to the next level

What do you dislike?

Some of their features could be updated to be more flexible and efficient. Wish they had more opportunities to panel current customers to see what is missing and how customers can better use the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cvent is a great platform and has many options, but they are add-ons for additional costs. Unfortunately, if you want to utilize the software to its full extent it will be costly.

Using Cvent for the venue sourcing and websites is great, but we have taken it to the next level through OnArrival and CrowdCompass. CrowdCompass eliminate printing programs, handouts, etc. and makes the onsite experience more interactive for attendees. OnArrival allows the check-in process to be seamless and easy for attendees.

Cvent review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"Cvent is Every Event Professional's Life Saver!"

What do you like best?

I really like the totality of what Cvent provides on every level of event management from start to finish. You can find the location for your event through their RFP system, create complex registration paths, create individual event sites with supreme detail and promote this event through their html email section. There are endless options in reporting and budgeting is also streamlined within the program. The event in a box keeps my sanity in check at the events to check people in and print badges on-site. My organization has saved a lot of money with this feature. I also really appreciate the customer service. They are always helpful and kind.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is the inability to adjust the sizes of images within the widgets of the Flex and Express platforms. I have to resize them manually, rename the image and upload again. Sometimes this takes a few tries, which can take time depending on the image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am a solid advocate of Cvent. I tell everyone who does not use this about the program and how it helps me create seamless events. I go to as many success group lunches to learn about features within the program that I am not proficient. The instructors at these lunches are very helpful and kind. I have talked to others who are considering using Cvent and try to answer all of their questions or concerns with honest answers.

As the solo person in events & marketing, it helps me every step of the way in the process of creating, logistics and execution of the event, large or small. I am able to keep track of everything, run reports comparing previous year's stats and budgeting. It gives me an avenue to be creative with the event site and promotional emails.

Cvent review by Tony B.
Tony B.

"Cvent has moved our organization into the "Big Leagues" of Event Management"

What do you like best?

We like the fact that it is such a capable system. From event creation, through registration and data management and reporting, the system allows us to make decisions on data, not guesswork.

What do you dislike?

We were really not prepared for the amount of training it requires for staff to become fully competent using the system. A bit more advance notice and explanation of why a client should commit to training ahead of time will prevent some "PD shock."

Recommendations to others considering the product

You found the one you want. Buy it. Cvent is such a capable and professional platform, we are still finding new ways to use it after three years, and we see it growing with our company for many years to come. The support offered is fantastic, from online resources to telephone support, to in-person otions - that has made the most difference n allowing us to successfully implement it. After three years, I can say we made the right choice and would definitely buy it again.

We use Cvent for events, and for learning programs. The ability to tie together scheduling, transactions and follow-up for participants is a Godsend. Our ability to use the data resulting from the system to plan and prepare for future events has revolutionized our event management efforts.

Cvent review by Karen C.
Karen C.

"Efficient Platform"

What do you like best?

Once you know how to use the platform it is so efficient. The different templates available give you a wide array of fun designs when making an event. You can customize it based on the type of client or event! The past platforms I used did not have this feature. The on OnArrival makes it easy to keep a record of the attendees when signing them in. The programs I do give attendees a prepaid debit card and there is a field as they sign that reflects that amount which takes me about 5 mins to upload. This is great because attendees know exactly what amount they receive.

What do you dislike?

Unlike the registration questions that I can make changes to affect all the registration paths, I have to manually update verbiage on the different registration pages. It would be nice to also make changes that affect all these paths.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As technology continues to advance, the needs to your clients also change. Cvent is right with you, because they are always coming out with new features that match or even supersedes your client's expectations.

-Not having to create multiple websites due to different registration types having different hotel and air dates.

-My time has been minimized when recreating a site, as I can always use an existing template, therefore being able to widen out client base

Cvent review by Christine R.
Christine R.

"Would recommend - new Flex Interface is game changer"

What do you like best?

New Flex interface - even though we have had our challenges with it, we know the growing pains will be worth it in the long run. hard to describe how much easier it is than our old tools.

Integration with the mobile app is such a time saver!

What do you dislike?

With the number of accounts they have and active users, you are most likely a very small fish in a very big pond. Enhancement requests feel like they go into a black hole. Really wish they would also take a look at their event management features like speakers/agenda features. They havent been updated in likely a very long time and I wish they offered more options/flexiblity to further increase efficiencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a sandbox environment and try to build a site using a real-life event that you host and do that for a few of your meetings to make sure Cvent meets the needs of those programs.

The integration with CrowdCompass and Cvent is everything - agenda and speakers transfer right over with a few clicks. You can also pull over attendees, and schedules but we dont use that functionality. Pretty significant cost savings and big time saver for us when we add up everything we used to do.

Cvent review by Selena F.
Selena F.

"Many Features"

What do you like best?

Cvent offers so many features all in one platform, which allows me to use just one system for almost everything!

What do you dislike?

There are some parts that are lacking features and don't have a consistent user-experience. For example, Cvent's event platform and abstract management platforms are much different to use. The abstract management feature has a lot of limitations and less customization, which is less than ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talking with customer service reps and working with a dedicated support person was extremely helpful when first getting used to Cvent.

We use Cvent as a conference website, proposal submission portal, registration portal, and payment collection portal. Cvent has allowed us to make real-time changes to our website. Our best experience has been with the OnArrival self-check in app, which has immensely streamlined our onsite registration and check-in process for attendees.

Cvent review by Brenda A.
Brenda A.

"Exceptional event management and conference app functionality with Cvent and CrowdCompass"

What do you like best?

Cvent is a powerful event management tool which allows me to build my own eRegistration website, including complexities such as 20+ sessions, meals and breaks, invitation-only sessions, and multi-scaled sponsorship fees.

The documentation and support is incredible. Attendees often tell me how easy their registration was, compared to other events they register for. Attendees can modify their own registrations, saving my team a ton of manual work. The built-in and customizable reporting functionality makes it a cinch to grab an accurate report at a moment's notice. Internal Information fields help me classify my attendees and the Resources functionality helps me track my many meeting rooms, both for sessions and ad-hoc meetings.

Using the included email marketing functionality allows me to target my audience via invitation lists and pre-schedule communications, as well as quickly create and send ad-hoc ones.

Lastly, the integration between Cvent and CrowdCompass conference app allows my sessions, attendees, and speakers to flow from Cvent into the app. This avoids the issue of having to set a hard cutoff date re: registration since the information flows from one system to the other.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Cvent. I wish I had more time to delve into its powerful features. When I can't find an answer to a problem I have to solve, it is either in their incredible documentation, or it is answered or solved by a quick call to their exceptional support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful platform. Ensure someone on your team who is good at learning new interfaces (aka fairly "techie") is the lead on Cvent programming, otherwise, for advanced functions you might want to hire a 3rd party expert.

The business problems Cvent solves are time, money, and reporting. It doesn't take long to program a simple event, and the upload functionality saves me many hours in programming my 60+ sessions, meals, breaks, meetings, and special events. Cvent is very cost-effective and being able to program it myself saves my group a lot of event budget money that we can instead invest in our attendees' event experience. Lastly, being able to report on attendance, session registration, and other factors helps me plan my next annual event as well as prepares me to ask for a budget based on factual data.

Cvent review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Cvent - so close and yet so far"

What do you like best?

I like that we can manage our groups in one spot while having clients input their own information.

What do you dislike?

The system runs incredibly slow most days, making it cumbersome to work with. There are so many extra steps to do things that it can be incredibly tedious. For example, when canceling a room type to add a different one for a client, we have to cancel it and it doesn't automatically remove the funds. We have to go in, move any funds that have already been applied to it, then zero out the canceled room, then make sure everything is adjusted properly. This adds extra minutes that feel unnecessary with how smart computers are nowadays. Making small adjustments can sometimes take up a lot of time. It seems not all parts of the system are speaking to one another. It allows a lot of room for error.

Managing large groups is easier with a system like this. Helps us stay organized and have a reference point for helping clients over the phone

Cvent review by Kassandra R.
Kassandra R.

"Flexible Registration System with Strong Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I love that Cvent is constantly improving. They really take feedback seriously and work hard to find solutions to your problems. We have a very complex event, and have found solutions to the vast majority of our issues, and where some solutions were a little sticky at first, updated versions and new features have consistently improved functionality. I have found the support team helpful and while our initial representative was not the greatest, I requested a new rep which was processed quickly, and he has been wonderful.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve, but if you require a platform that can handle an event's complexity, I believe this is to be expected. Still, there are a few items that I still don't find intuitive in the interface, but I am confident the release of Cvent Flex will address many of these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cvent is a complex solution for complex events. At this stage I might recommend utilizing a simpler solution if you are able, but this recommendation may change in the next few months with some of their new releases.

Prior to adopting Cvent, a lot of our reporting and other processes were manual. We have been able to squeeze a lot of our tasks into Cvent, and even found some solutions for other departments in our organization as well.

Cvent review by Cindy R.
Cindy R.

"Easy & Efficient Event Planning"

What do you like best?

Cvent enables us to manage our multitude of weekly small class scheduled over multiple locations, as well as four large events, all in one easy-to-manage website. We love the easy event set up for classes, as well as the complexities of the large event set up options. The Concur integration enables us to provide a one-stop-shop for our attendees, allowing them to register for the class or event, request a hotel, answer any event-specific questions we may have required, and then book air travel. It's a seamless tool that empowers our small event planning team to double, maybe even triple, our work with ease.

What do you dislike?

There is one section of Cvent that is a constant issue for the set up of our large events. As Medicare cuts impact our company dollar, and the cuts keep coming, we must be very careful with each dollar we spend on events. As such, we require our attendees to share hotel rooms. The Cvent platform does allow for roommate matching, but not in the way which would work for our events. It would be very helpful to us if roommates could be matched across registration types, instead of only allowing attendees of the same registration type to match as roommates. This issue forces us to export the hotel report from Cvent and match them up manually. This is a tiresome practice, and one which could be avoided if Cvent would work to implement more fluid roommate matching initiatives.

We have seen an increase in productivity for our team since using Cvent. We have greatly increased our number of internal classes hosted each week, without increasing event planning team members. Cvent has allowed us to maintain order in the midst of what could easily become corporate chaos. Our attendees often comment on the ease of the registration and travel booking process. This is due to the Cvent and Concur integration. Additionally, Cvent's integration with CrowdCompass has enabled us to provide a high-tech and first-rate experience for our large event attendees.

Cvent review by Beca S.
Beca S.

"Great Platform, Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Cvent has the best customer service team I've worked with! Our team utilizes their online help before reaching out to support via phone, case, or online chat. All of our questions are answered quickly and support is extremely knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this platform - I honestly can't think of anything at the moment.

Our organization was using NGO Connect events two years ago. Then, we committed to hosting a conference for the first time. Our current event platform did not have a sessions feature and was not very robust overall so we knew we had to find a new solution. We did a lot of research and finally settled on Cvent. It's been a great relationship ever since. We use Cvent for all events and have it integrated into Salesforce. We are also utilizing CrowdCompass, OnArrival, and will be utilizing Abstract Management within the next year.

Cvent review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Excellent customer service, customizable registration process"

What do you like best?

Love the customization available during the registration process and ability for attendees (and sponsoring companies) to upload documents (i.e. company logo) within their registration.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the membership portion of Cvent. The registration portion is great, but because of the limits within the member part we may not be renewing our contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend Cvent to those who have similar events every year. Cvent has the ability to clone events and what is called "data tags," where any info that changes from year to year (think dates, room location, specific attendee instructions) can easily be input into all parts of the registration, including emails, by simply updating the data tag, which may link to infinite locations within your event. This takes some time to set up the first year, but then saves hours and hours of updating and proofing the following years.

We have gone from a very clunky registration system to a seamless online registration system, which also provides us with valuable attendee history and various financial reports. The ability to easily track event and attendee history and statistics is invaluable.

Cvent review by Megan G.
Megan G.

"Comprehensive, professional event registration solution"

What do you like best?

What I love most about Cvent is that even if you only manage 1-3 events a year vs. 100+ events a year, it still offers so much value. It takes away a lot of the manual work associated with managing one event, much less 100+ events per year. There are so many avenues for personalization within Cvent, from a branding perspective, as well as a features/functionality perspective. We don't charge to attend our events, but if that changes, it's comforting to know that feature is there and available within our current contract. It eliminates so much paperwork on our end -- and as a small event team, that is CRUCIAL to our event program success. I also like all of the integrations - SFDC, Marketo, CrowdCompass. Makes life easier. The reporting functionalities and financial reporting have helped our team be more data and metrics driven which is very important when it comes to strategy and informaed decision-making in an organization that makes an almost $3m investment in face to face, live events.

What do you dislike?

The training and administrative set up process was NOT intuitive. Every organization that uses this tool is not the same, but the training wasn't quite tailored to our organization's needs. A lot of time was spent on modules we never use. Our Account Manager tried to help, but was unavailable a lot. We were encouraged to contact the Support number, rather than personalized 1:1 with our Account Manager. It would be great if we had just ONE liaison at Cvent rather than being sent to several different arms for different needs. I also wish the SFDC custom integration wasn't an extra cost to our organization because that is a huge need for us, but the free turnkey solution just won't work for us.

Every single day I thank the lord my organization chose to invest in Cvent! As a small events team, we were bogged down with plate spinning. Cvent takes all of the plates in the air and stacks them neatly into one platform that seamlessly integrates with so many of the other platforms we use daily: SFDC, Marketo, CrowdCompass, etc. It's a timesaver, and in an industry where time is money, the initial large investment creates a larger return on investment simply in time saved. Our corporate office also appreciates the comprehensive financial reporting that we roll up to them each year and it helps us be more strategic with budgeting.

Cvent review by Kelly A.
Kelly A.

"Lots of interesting features, but not user friendly"

What do you like best?

Cvent gives you the opportunity to use many features for an event. The full event website is a great feature for keeping all event details in one place.

What do you dislike?

The usability of Cvent is poor. Unless you are a pro at HTML coding and photoshop, there is no way to make the websites look as good. The templates Cvent offers are clean and simple, but if you are looking for a site that is more, you either need those skills or have to use the HTML and web design teams. It also takes a very long time to complete one action in the program. For example, we had to add a registration type in 3 different places before it showed up on the registration page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do as much training as you can. The required training is very basic and prepares you for about 5% of what you actually need to know before using the program. You will become very close to you customer success manager while you set up your first event.

Cvent allows you to market, register and communicate with attendees all in one space.

Cvent review by Tanya  W.
Tanya W.

"Good solid software, just needs to be a bit faster to keep up with technology trends"

What do you like best?

I like the features and functionality as the software does what it's supposed to do, especially its integration with CrowCompass making the event experience a lot better by allowing attendees to engage and interact with us through a mobile app.

What do you dislike?

I was a bit disappointed to see that they were a bit slow to keep up with technology trends, aside from our overall experience with our account team. The whole experience was always disorganized and it seemed like every month we'd get a different person to deal with. And most the time, each person didn't know what was going with their accounting.

Event management and seamless experience for our attendees. We were able to streamline our registration process and provide ease of use for our attendees to register and pay for the event without any manual process. In addition, we've provided our customers with a fun way to interact with us before and during the event with the mobile app.

Cvent review by Marissa B.
Marissa B.

"Great way to organize events with many attendees"

What do you like best?

Easy to keep track of people who accept/decline/cancel the invitation

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a little delayed in updating so the numbers may not always reflect the actual number of people who accepted/declined/cancelled. It was also very difficult to set up a multi-language event - too many steps to take and too many things to change in different places. There should be a template or walkthrough other than the online forums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using the support provided by both the online help forums and the live chat. Whenever I get stuck or confused I'll first try to sort out my problem using the online help forums and then resort to the live chat if I can't figure out the issue myself.

We use Cvent to organize client events. It makes it easier for us and for the client by centralizing all the information about the event.

Cvent review by Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.

"Most useful tool for an event planner "

What do you like best?

The ease of service. Everything is really easy for you to set up and manage on your own. However, if you do need assistance, Cvent always has someone ready to help you.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reporting can be a little off and confusing. But, as I mentioned above, you can always call Cvent and someone will help you. I also find it a bit frustrating having to pre-pay for registrants. I wish there was a way to bill us after the year of all registrations we used.

Before Cvent we were having trouble organizing and managing our attendees. Keeping excel spreadsheets of their email addresses so we can pull them when we wanted to send out an email. Now, we just pull a report and have everything I need at my fingertips.

Cvent review by Pamela M. W.
Pamela M. W.

"Cvent - Your Go To For All Things Registration"

What do you like best?

I love the versatility of Cvent...from the design and layout to the ability to create discount codes and special rates for specific attendees. It streamlines the registration process by asking all the questions that we, as an organization need answered.

What do you dislike?

There are so many tools in Cvent's "tool belt" that often I feel like I'm not using the system to the best of it's ability. With that people said, I need to be proactive in reaching out to our Cvent representative to schedule an in-person training.

We are solving many issues that used to be surprises on site, like dietary allergies, restrictions, as well as housing requests for shoulder dates. That has saved a lot of time!

A benefit has been the attendee's onus of their own registration; they can modify and update their registration on their own.

Cvent review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Powerful, but incredibly unintuitive"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of features to use in the Cvent platform; you can build your registration site and have full control over registrant information, and with a few extra add-on costs, you can plan badge printing and distribution through them, you can build the app with them, and even travel and accommodation details.

What do you dislike?

While there are lots of available features, good luck finding all of them without lots of time spent looking for them or time on the phone with your rep. The platform design is very unintuitive from the planning side, and the results on the customer side can be a very ugly design. We had to use a lot of custom HTML/CSS to get our registration website looking acceptable by our brand standards. Lots of little flaws that seemed way to obvious; I submitted around 15-20 product requests over the 6 months of using the product so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to give yourself enough time to fully go through the Cvent platform...it can be hard to know where to find and change certain features. Also, make sure you don't test registration when the event is live, or you will be charged fees for them like any other registrant.

We are using Cvent to plan our annual conference with 1,500+ attendees; at a certain point, we realized we need a better solution for our registration process, and we needed to offer an event app for our customers. The OnArrival product Cvent offers has really helped expedite the check-in process at the venue; printing the badges on-site helped with logistics, even though there were definitely new challenges we had to deal with. The event app got great reviews, but it wouldn't have had to be Cvent's product...any event app provider would work.

Cvent review by Michelle W.
Michelle W.

"Cvent is the Event Management Leader"

What do you like best?

Cvent is the most robust and configurable event management software I have found. I have used it for countless events, and while it takes a little while to learn the full extent of all the features, they have a ton to offer in terms of event registration options and reporting.

What do you dislike?

It can take a while to learn. It is super robust, but because of that it's not always easy to take full advantage of the product right away.

I have used it at various roles to help manage registration websites and process for events. The benefits are having all information in one place, highly robust and offers a good registration experience, and many different options to suit your needs.

Cvent review by Lexi L.
Lexi L.

"Best event software there is, but a work in progress!"

What do you like best?

Cvent has incredible reporting power and the ability to gather just what you need as a planner. Customer support is absolutely fantastic and always able to help with solutions quickly.

What do you dislike?

While the platform is powerful, there is a very steep learning curve. I have been using Cvent for almost 5 years and am constantly learning/finding new things. One of the biggest challenges when I started using the platform was that I couldn't find what I was looking for. It's not intuitive at all. Once you get the structure figured out, it's much easier to locate what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your account manager and customer success consultant well. They will help you configure the platform into what you need.

We are able to easily automate registration for our events and track ROI using the Salesforce add on.

Cvent review by Lori W.
Lori W.

"All You Need for Event Management"

What do you like best?

Cvent's suite of event planning software integrates everything in one place. From your contact list to your venue RFP process to speaker abstracts to registration to mobile app.

What do you dislike?

You'll spend a pretty penny for the software; however the time and frustration it saves your event, sales and marketing teams is well worth the investment!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best mobile app there is! I've used Double Dutch and SpotMe, and this is so much easier for the event planner, very robust and integrates with the rest of the Cvent platform. If that's not enough, it also integrates with your CRM or Marketing Automation platform.

Better visibility to sales and marketing teams using Salesforce integrations and reporting allows for timely follow-up with prospects, more appointments and ultimately more dollars in the door.

Cvent review by Lindsay B.
Lindsay B.

"Flexible enough for "out of the box" users"

What do you like best?

Cvent is very flexible for "out of the box" thinkers.

What do you dislike?

Enhancements are based on the number of requests verses the usability across the platform. There are enhancements that would make logical sense based on the system that have yet to be implemented. Furthermore, the reports are not consistent across the various modules of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cvent is a highly customizable and flexible management system that can integrate across each of its multiple platforms.

Highly structured automation across registration processes for clients by encouraging 80% adoption of the online system. Most clients realize a 97% adoption of the online system. We have standardized the registration processes using templates to ensure ease of setup. Additionally, we have automated as many emails as possible from Abandoned registration emails to notify the registrant of an incomplete registration, to setting up emails to confirm name tags, encouraging participants to preregister for additional sessions / CEUs, to any customized communication that a Client would like us to send. We have also created a work flow from Cvent to our assigned agents to the air travel components to gather the necessary information for completing of the air reservation.

Cvent review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A great CRM for any company"

What do you like best?

CVENT allows you to manage many services to make sure your attendees information stays accurate. This system is great for making sure all our clients information is ready at our fingertips while making sure updates stay current and cascade down from program to program. Websites are simple and payments as well.

What do you dislike?

The log out period for the program can be a little annoying since it likes to consider "inactivity" based on when the program refreshes it page. However, sometimes you are working on a section and need to reference a document longer than the required time and this log out can be a bit of a time waster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a trial demo with the team. they are very good at answering your questions as they back their product and feel good about what they have.

My company is very vested in this program since we are able to push the envelope on customizing experiences for our users. We also are product experts and have been known to help our clients who would like to use CVENT for their own infrastructure.

Cvent review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Overall makes our event much more professional"

What do you like best?

The best thing about all the Cvent products is that they work together. We use Event Management, CrowdCompass, OnArrival & added RFID this year. It makes it so much easier that they all talk to each other and information syncs back and forth. Makes our job much easier!

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of funky little nuances in Event Management when building a complex event, that is the hardest thing to get past. It's not all that intuitive, but that is hopefully changing with the addition of Flex. We will be moving to that after our next event.

Managing the event, printing badges, scanning for sessions, getting info to attendees and keeping them engaged, being able to easily track attendees.

We've realized how professional our event looks with all of this technology, being a software company ourselves. There are too many benefits to list and so many improvements to our processes.

Cvent review by Kristina J.
Kristina J.

"Great Software, Not Intuitive for Every Aspect"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to set-up and event and get it started. Once you have a good grasp of how to use the software, most items are very intuitive and easy to use. Their help team is typically very helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects are still hard to work through such as seating and some travel aspects. It is simple, but just takes time and is not always the easiest to work through.

It has been easy to streamline the registration process and that has helped with our client needs. But they still have some bugs to work out in terms of just overall use. It has been beneficial to have something that that our team can get trained in and become an expert in using.

Cvent review by Stephen M.
Stephen M.

"Incredible software, support and service"

What do you like best?

Wow - what a hard choice. From the customer service to the functionality of CVent, we were blown away by all you can do. There was never a "no" answer for our event needs, the team was always able to find a solution.

What do you dislike?

Quite difficult to learn without the support team. I would have no idea what to do or where to begin without them and I feel for those who did not purchase the package that includes this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be expensive, but if you are looking for a professional project from start to finish, this is totally worth the money.

No ads on our registration, professional feel, and incredible yield. We had an 82% open rate for our emails - which is unheard of!

Cvent review by Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.

"Robust and easy-to-use event management software"

What do you like best?

Cvent offers so many options and ways to customize each event to to ensure all needs are met. From the templates, to the registration process, Cvent allows you to display and capture just about any information you will need. Even if the information is highly customized, the reporting features are very easy to use, so any customized information is still easily pulled into a report.

I like the interface the best - edits and additions are easy to make. And even if you don't know exactly where to do, it's very user friendly, and you typically can find it yourself without having to use Help & Support.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's almost TOO robust. Many of the events I create are very simple. They don't need all the bells and whistles. So navigation and "turning off' the many features that Cvent provides can be cumbersome at times.

I don't like how you can't see the changes you make real-time. You have to save and close and then refresh your preview. However, I believe this is changing with their new release, where all changes can be seen real-time, which is great!

We're finally able to collect accurate data for all of our events. The software we previously used did not offer any type of tracking or data collection. With the use of Cvent, we have a much more accurate collection of data, especially with the use of OnArrival. We're able to see history, report on trends, and capture valuable member data that we couldn't do previously.

Cvent review by Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.

"Gaining Appreciation for Cvent"

What do you like best?

The customer support is absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend calling their support line for any problems. We also benefited from one-on-one training at their office in D.C.

What do you dislike?

Unless you're an expert Cvent user, it can be frustrating. You may think you changed something across the entire website, only to find out you missed a portion. Data Tags often fix this issue though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of any free training you can get. Try to have them sit down with you and build an event template. Be aware that there are extra costs associated with additional features that you will want to use!

We have more people registering for our events, and we have cut down on paper costs. This has saved us countless man hours.

Cvent review by Laura C.
Laura C.

"Innovative Year at SigEp"

What do you like best?

We spend the last year and a half innovating our use of Cvent it's really paid off. We've worked to update experience for our attendees from when they arrive (using OnArrival) to survey feedback when they arrive back home.

What do you dislike?

Although it's in the works - we wish we could jump ahead to using Flex this year for our events!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to other organizations that use it and see the benefit from a true user's' experience!

We've been able to print nametags using OnArrival which saves us hours and hours of staff time. We've used session scanning / participating to track our attendees, and had the opportunity to make systematic and strategic changes to our programming with that data.

Cvent review by Lacey A.
Lacey A.

"Cvent is the industry leader for a reason! "

What do you like best?

Cvent has allowed our event so team to effectively manage 350-400 events a year because of its robust system. BOth the simplicity of express events and being able to build multi track, multi reg types has increased our productivity beyond measure. The Crowd Conpass app integration is also a huge value add to our team and clients on-site during events

What do you dislike?

The log in process for Crowd Compass and limitations in express events. Although it is meant to be fast and easy, I sometimes find I need 1-2 unique features will make it a standard registration (regret survey, add Guest function, etc.)

Saving hours of manual tracking in spreadsheets, mail merges for personalized agendas and pre-printing sometimes upwards of 500+ nametags. With data tags, OnArrival and Cvent registration sites we are easily able to House all data in one central hub.

Cvent review by Katherine B.
Katherine B.

"Cvent is the best option"

What do you like best?

Cvent has functionality that can greatly reduce time spent manually reviewing data. Cvent offers great reporting options including a bunch of pre-made, standard reports as well as the option to create your own, custom reports. You have the ability to create a report group specific to your event and provide report access to various parties involved. Report access may be tailored, so report access users only see the data they need.

What do you dislike?

Some features are advertised in the sales pitch, but are not fully functioning. They have great ideas like offering roommate-matching options in the hotel accommodations section, but the way it is set up is not fully thought-out nor completely helpful. I wish the Cvent developers would ask event and registration managers HOW they would like specific features to work and match the user experience to that feedback. Sometimes it is obvious that the people building the code do not fully understand how it would be applied in the industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cvent is the best product available, but still could make some improvements to be the best product.

Many of our clients used to do everything by hand in multiple spreadsheets. Cvent puts all of your event data in one place. Cvent allows you to gather personal contact data, hotel requests, flight requests, etc. Cvent will also integrate with flight-booking programs, so all of the flights booked get pushed back into Cvent. Then you are able to create manifests and arrange ground transportation. Cvent removes a lot of painful work that used to be necessary and is now automated.

Cvent review by User

"CVENT Support is the best!"

What do you like best?

CVENT support is awesome. Everyone I have dealt with is completely knowledgeable of the product. Some days I'm super swamped and can't get on the phone with support so I use their chat feature. A recap of every call and chat is sent to you in email. A recap of all open tickets can also be found in the community section of the product. If the support cannot solve the problem in a timely manner over phone or chat, they will let you know so that you don't have to wait. They then research it further and email you the solutions. It's awesome!

What do you dislike?

I seem to struggle with the search section under the "help and support section". Many times it returns results that are not relevant to my search. There are a lot of times when "data tag" is the first item in the search results even when my it is not relevant to my search. That drives me nuts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take all training that is available. I highly recommend getting certified in the product. I have not regretted that decision.

My company is using cvent to manage all meetings and registrations. I currently build nothing but registration sites and manage all aspects that go along with that. We currently moved to FLEX and I like it thus far. I haven't had a lot of time to test it fully. I look forward to taking the webinars and attending the customer success conference in Atlanta!

Cvent review by Elsa G.
Elsa G.

"Great event software"

What do you like best?

Cvent makes it easy to manage events - they cover all the options and helped our organization think of new ways to present our events to potential attendees. Additionally, they helped us start accepting online payments while we were working out details of how to manage registration payments so that we didn't have to struggle to understand merchant services until we were ready.

What do you dislike?

Having to select a certain number of attendees per year feels restrictive and frustrating. What if we add more events? What if we cancel an event? Seems punitive and makes it hard for me to justify the ROI. The large cost associated with the software was a big jump for us from our previous system, even though Cvent gave us significant additional functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a full-featured event software, I don't think you'll get a better option.

We specifically used Cvent as an option to streamline our registrations and also help us manage online payments. Both of these goals were well realized with their software.

Cvent review by Anna T.
Anna T.

"Powerful software for large events "

What do you like best?

Cvent has a lot of features to make your event go smoothly, but my favorite part was the onsite experience with the Event in a Box rental and support. Our onsite solutions rep was very knowledgeable, prepped us for both the registration flow and lead capture flow before the event, which made the check-in experience for our guests a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Old interface of the platform felt very outdated and not intuitive. That said, apparently this has been the feedback from a lot of folks, and I was told they just released an updated look and feel (after our event though :) )

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you leverage their support resources, Customer Success Consultants in particular. They can share a lot of good advice and help figure out issues you might run into.

Conference registration management for different types of attendees; lead capture for sponsors.

Cvent review by Jillian K.
Jillian K.

"Cvent: An Event Planner's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

The ease of use with the software, the ease of use during training, the impeccable customer support, the constant and changing improvements. All of these things combined make for a fantastic software.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have ever disliked was the prior iteration of Cvent before Blue was released but they fixed that and everything has been hunky dory since!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Cvent for event management. Their customer service is fantastic, their system is easy to use, and it makes me happy.

For us, this allows us to manage users during our events much more smoothly. We run webinars and conferences using the software and it has made everything exponentially less of a headache. When you run events, you already have a million things to worry about and this removes a lot of stress from our team during the event. We are also very much looking forward to being able to use the mobile app for our next major event, which is in 2019. The use of the app will keep our attendees much more involved during the conference and involve them more in the process before and during the conference lead up. We're sure that by using the mobile app and rapid check-in provided by Cvent, our users will feel much more involved in the process and get them more excited for the event.

Cvent review by Tyler C.
Tyler C.

"It works, but with limited visual flexibility on the web side."

What do you like best?

Ease of use of the API for us to build dynamic agendas on our external event site. I am the web developer so I don't use a lot of the feautes but spent a lot of time in cvent in the past when we used the website feature.

What do you dislike?

The event website editor needs a lot of features and work. We moved our event site out os cvent this year due to the limited flexibility. The API allowed us to build dynamic and automatic agendas.

Event management is easier with Cvent. It's easier to manage and event when you have the right tools. Cvent fills in most of those gaps. Hoping to see constant improvement from Cvent on their tools.

Cvent review by JC G.
JC G.

"Cvent is a one stop shop"

What do you like best?

I have only been using cvent for a couple of months now, but it has been a game changer. It has made everything about our event process travel much smoother. Plus it gives us a new sophisticated look to registration.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about the software, one big key thing would be that while their flex feature is extremely customized it is only about 95%. I would like to be able to have a 100% customized control.

We are able to have all of our event information in one place, which wasn't the case before. It also makes our on site event run much smoother.

Cvent review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"User-friendly process"

What do you like best?

Our organization primarily uses the Event Management side of Cvent, and I love that it is user-friendly and allows for a completely customized event website. The customer support staff is also extremely helpful and quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

While most things on Cvent are able to be customized, some processes are very long and involved, which feels less intuitive on the back end. I have also had issues on certain web browsers with the system (it runs slower or certain functions won't load).

We use Cvent primarily for event registration. It works well for us to have attendees register this way and keeps everything organized leading up to our event.

Cvent review by Administrator

"Cvent helps our team"

What do you like best?

Customized reports and questions help us to build reports/questions on what we need to kow about our registrants, register different types of people (sponsors, exhibitors, etc). The support system if you submit a case is very fast and responsive. There are multiple ways to contact them and they were great when we needed to use them internationally.

What do you dislike?

Ability to brand our registrations with our logos/colors without using coding. Sometimes can get buggy and not work for a few hours. It can also take a bit to process some of the saved changes.

We are able to pull customized reports that meet our registration needs. We are able to get live updates as soon as someone registers for our programs. In addition, we get planner alerts when someone registers who has a dietary restriction. The time it takes to build an event is super fast and easy. There are different types of event setups so we can do a more complex event or a faster/simpler event.

Cvent review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Very great and always Upgrading"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the software is forever upgrading and collecting feedback to make improvements. The more continuous feedback that might be provided for an issue the more chance that cvent will try to resolve the issue.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that i might get advice from my customer service rep on how to implement something for my event... but i can hear something totally different from someone from their call center if i ask the same question. Also, scheduling a call with my customer service rep has been difficult before if I am on a deadline and need to get on the phone.

I am solving the problem of my organization being left in the stone age. We used to do everything manually with registration and we would print 5-6 boxes just of paper. So now we are able to appeal more to a younger audience instead of catering to our old members.

Cvent review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Cvent Event Management"

What do you like best?

The reporting functionality and the online support center are amazing. The online center answers most of my questions from the search bar, I rarely need to call in. The reporting functionality enables us to report both on one single event with details and also on cross events.

What do you dislike?

Front end user interface is not my favorite but with Flex it should improve for us. Refining the configuration on the front end can be difficult. When we configure the registration pages for example, there might be a header that takes quite a bit of digging to either remove or change.

Managing our event registrations in one platform is huge for us. We are currently managing 55 events, most of which require registration. Having that all in one place is extremely beneficial and best of all is the reporting capabilities it has. It enables us to easily digest the status of each or all of our events at one time. I couldn't imagine working without it.

Cvent review by James D.
James D.

"Have been using CVent for 3 Years"

What do you like best?

The automation of the registration process for all of our events has saved a huge aount of time. My team run around 120 events a year and CVent makes the arduous task of managing invitees very simple.

What do you dislike?

Some of the customer facing aspects can be a bit clunky and not very user friendly - CVent are fixing this with the launch of CVent Flex. Very excited about this new update!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time on training at the start as there is a lot of functionality and it can be overwhelming.

Time saving has been the biggest benefit as it ends up saving the company huge amounts of labour cost.

Cvent review by User

"Verry Difficult to learn"

What do you like best?

Has a lot of features, and customer service team is very helpful, since it is almost impossible to manipulate all those features without assistance.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve is very steep on the product, and after working with it for a year, I still get lost on a daily basis. There are so many options and layers, it takes forever to learn, and many of the customizations are not intuitive at all.

Website design for express is good, but the classic version is terribly clunky and hard to use. Sometimes there are weird spaces in the emails that even the help desk can't get rid of, and if you use data tags, the tables can come out looking like a 1995 word processor form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Employees need to be trained extensively, and try not to get frustrated when trying to customize events. Best to use express whenever possible, since although it has less functionality, it is much simpler to figure out.

We have a dedicated number to call when we have issues, which makes it easier to get ahold of someone at the help desk. Most quick problems can be solved using help chat, which is also nice when you don't feel like talking to a call center.

Eliminated printing badges ahead of time, paper registration, most phone registration, and a lot of the leg work behind sourcing hotels and restaurants. Also helps store documents related to meetings, and simplifies budgeting. Templates also make it much easier to send uniform communications.

Cvent review by Lisa J.
Lisa J.

"CVENT IS THE EFFECT EVENT PLANNING TOOL!"

What do you like best?

I love that CVENT has the capability to create and store event information and survey data. Their customer service is superior. Which is what really sold me on it. They walk you through the process one on one for a couple of months with a personal account manager. It has made my life so much easier at work. No longer do I have to deal with those terrible EVITES.

What do you dislike?

I would like more design features. I like to be creative and I

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is what the leading Event Planners use. Don't mess with other programs.

Tracking feedback.

Cvent review by Lori K.
Lori K.

"Great functionality and end user experience"

What do you like best?

I think the event set up is very intuitive, making it pretty easy to set up a new event. The event webpages also have a nice look to them. The registration process allows you to set up very basic to very complex registration scenarios.

What do you dislike?

Some staff feel the look of the webpages is outdated, but I look forward to Cvent's new FLEX system that will upgrade the design functionality to create a "better looking" webpage.

We used to not really be able to offer online registration, and did over 7,000 registrations a year manually. That included manual invoicing, tracking and sending confirmation emails. Cvent has GREATLY improved our accuracy, efficiency and the end user experience!

Cvent review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Planner friendly, concise database"

What do you like best?

Cvent is planner-friendly by offering a one-stop shop for sourcing and submitting proposals to destinations. This is especially useful for planners who are doing multiple events at one time, keeps all the information in one spot and allows for sorting.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were ways for convention bureaus to have more access to what planners are sending to the destination. You have limited access to what is coming into the market and only know about what comes in if the planners include you on the proposals sent. I also wish there was tracking available from the advertising options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to have access to many different third-party planners as Cvent works to make it easy for them. Helms Briscoe also has a partnership with Cvent, giving you more exposure to that company.

We are marketing our destination to planners across the country and internationally. We are able to buy in to more advertising opportunities, giving us exposure in different markets, and hopefully to more planner eyes. We also have options to do advertising and exposure via e-newsletters. We do like the option for Convention Bureaus to have the double-check screen pop up. This is a second action asking the planners if they want to include the local convention bureau.

Learn more about Cvent

Cvent Videos

Learning about Cvent?

* We monitor all Cvent reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.