Daemon Tools

DAEMON Tools for Mac is more than just imaging software. It allows you to play FLAC or APE Audio images, work with VHD and mount everything from ISO to BIN.

Work for Daemon Tools?
Ibm app connect other it management  2x

Learning about Daemon Tools?

Daemon Tools Reviews

Showing 11 Daemon Tools reviews
Daemon Tools review by <span>Ricardo S.</span>
Ricardo S.

Good tool for virtual CDs

What do you like best?

What I like most is that I do not necessarily have to create a CD in physical, I can leave the CD or project saved in my PC, I can dedicate it if I need to make some information change, it allows me to create multiple formats of CDs, like photos, videos , muscia, programs among others, does not require much hardware equipment and can be used in almost any operating system, which makes it a very useful tool

What do you dislike?

nothing, since it does not require much hardware equipment and can be used in almost any operating system, which makes it a very useful tool that I like most is that I do not necessarily have to create a CD in physical, I can leave the CD or project saved on my PC, I can dedicate it if I need to make some change of information, it allows me to create multiple formats of CDs, like photos, videos, music, programs among others

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, since it does not require much hardware equipment and can be used in almost any operating system, and allows me to create multiple CD formats, such as photos, videos, music, programs, among others.

many, since it does not require much hardware equipment and can be used in almost any operating system, and prevents the company from generating expenses in the purchase of a physical CD to store the information, which makes it a very useful tool that more I like it is that I do not necessarily have to create a CD in physical, I can leave the CD or project saved in my PC, I can dedicate it if I need to make some information change, it allows me to create multiple formats of CDs, like photos, videos, music, programs among others.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Daemon Tools
Daemon Tools review by <span>Andres  T.</span>
Andres T.

The greatest option to mount ISO images and more.

What do you like best?

This is the best software to emulate ISO images and manage a lot of virtual disks. Also makes you sure about that disk its gonna keep it mount always, until you decide to stop te emulation, but its a great feature does'nt have to be always doing the same process to mantein your emulations.

With this software i experiment another level of Support, helping me in all my needs and requeriments to still have the fastest and complete service from the Daemon Tools

What do you dislike?

There's to less topics about the things that could dislike about this kind of software, and this is one of the greatest in the job. Well, at least that i know, there's some issues about pricing, but nothing so expensive to have a problem about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having in consideration your work tools, this is one of the most important on the list. Have a great control on your ISO files, and mount and dismount every time you need it or want it. i Also recommend manage your USB bootables and other kind of boot dispositives.

Daemon Tools used to help me to keep interest information stored on different workplaces, and give me the chance to keep on my CD's with out have the physical one. If you don't have this software installed you must be missing some tools.

What Other IT Management solution do you use?

Daemon Tools review by <span>Gabriel K.</span>
Gabriel K.

Use no dvd and test your images

What do you like best?

Use no CD/DVD is the best use for daemon tools. It's simple, fast, requires low resources to run smoothly and super fast. I also use it to test new images and to keep copies in the hard disk to avoid optical media that used to get scratched.

What do you dislike?

Really? Nothing I guess... no dislike for this amazing product. In lite version has got some adds but it's understandable. Pro version is the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it was the best decision.

keep optical media with practically no usage, so I use daemon tool to load the images directly from hard drive and perform faster and reliable installations.

Daemon Tools review by <span>Alejandro S.</span>
Alejandro S.

Really good Disk Image tool

What do you like best?

It is a really nice product. You can mount, create, scan any disk image on your computer. It is an easy way to create an ISO, mount up disk that execute on other things, copying big files like games and helps you emulated a hard drive without having one! This means you can use a pc without a CD or DVD drive.

What do you dislike?

The price is a little high for the things it does, it should be a little more cheap. They should try to give a free version to the people with ads or something that help their product and make it free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very usefull if you need to create ISO and Hard Drives.

We use many pcs some old or some news and the hardware of the CD, DVD drive doesn't work. We create ISOs with this program and use it on the computers than can't run a CD.

Daemon Tools review by <span>Kester F.</span>
Kester F.

Easily Create Disc images and Mount disc image files

What do you like best?

Things I like:

1. You can mount an image on a VIRTUAL drive which means if you do not have a CD or DVD handy to burn the image then you can still use the software exactly as if it was a DVD or CD (no difference at all.)

2. You can scan your PC to find disk images (.iso's etc.) to mount (handy when you have created, downloaded or extracted an image and forgotten where you put it!)

3. Multiple images can be mounted at the same time and will persist even if you reboot your machine.

4. Speed of installation of virtually mounted disk images.

What do you dislike?

Cannot think of anything to be honest. It just works and is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use the Daemon Tools Lite Free which is all you need if you are interested in Virtual Disk emulation (mounting images virtually). With various Paid versions you get the following:

- Support if required (though I have never needed it as the tool is very easy to use).

- More advanced options for emulation of virtual disks

- Create Bootable USB sticks

- Ability to burn images, data, audio CDs (not related to virtual disks at all)

- Creating RAM disks (not related to virtual disks at all)

Mount disc images (virtual DVD or CD)

Scan PC for Disk images

Using disk images without requiring physical media (CD or DVD)

Speeding up installation of large pieces of software

Daemon Tools review by <span>Ross N.</span>
Ross N.

one of the best and most useful tools out there

What do you like best?

Daemon tools you can use for a few things but mainly at my company we use it for mounting data safely and securely onto virtual drives or by burning and creating images on disks. The simplicity of the software is fantastic and there is always an FAQ or guide on how to do something if you get stuck.

What do you dislike?

Daemon tools used to be just one package, this has evolved into various different forms of daemon tools with different pricing and I honestly don't believe the highest one should be that expensive just to be able to run separate wizards at the same time. However they also give out a free version for people to use on a limited time basis and this is a small gripe not a huge one as there isn't really a huge amount to say in the con list for this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not just a tool for creating disk images for programs or a more advanced burning software this package has a huge amount you can do with it. So just have a look online to see what you can do with it and surprise yourself.

Being able to password protect USBs with passwords is a huge help when sending protected documents around and being on the move.

Learning about Daemon Tools?

* We monitor all Daemon Tools reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.