Daminion

Multi-user Digital Asset Management software aimed at all industries that need to organize and quickly search for photos, documents and other file formats stored on a local network. Designed for Windows, but can be launched on Macs via special applications.

Work for Daminion?
Libris 2x

Learning about Daminion?

Daminion Reviews

Ask Daminion a Question
Showing 130 Daminion reviews
Daminion review by <span>Rick N.</span>
Rick N.

The best DAM software for my needs.

What do you like best?

I need a software capable of:

1. writing metadata to images as to sidecars xml files

6. applying pre-defined copyright text to images

7. applying star-ratings to images compatible with NEF files

8. allowing images to be found by searching on using multiple tags

9. I need a user-friendly DAM

What do you dislike?

The thing that i most dislike is the way "~Thumbs folder" is organized. All the thumbnail are grouped under folsders and subfolders. It is very slow to backup with all those subfolders. I think that a SQL databese for these thumbnails would be faster to back up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tested many other softwares (ACDSee Pro, Daminion, DigiKam, Photo Supreme, iMatch and Phase One Media) over a period of almost one year. I compared each software with my needs which are listed in the previous section. Daminion responded to all of them. Then I tested Daminion thoroughly. After using it for two months, I decided to replace Microsoft Expression Media. I think Daminion is an excellent choice for those who need a DAM this is robust. Also Daminion offer a very good support

I use it to manage all the screeenshots I need to document problems I resolved on my customers PC's.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Daminion
Daminion review by <span>Angel J.</span>
Angel J.

very good but hard

What do you like best?

has a quick tool for the search of digital assets of different companies besides this is very useful because the software works quickly and pertime that the platform gets everything we are looking for

What do you dislike?

In spite of being a quick and easily accessible tool, it is difficult to learn to use, it should be or have an initiation phase since at the beginning it is very difficult for someone new to start using this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They should improve as I said before their program so that new people can use it at the beginning in an easy way and they can access all their tools and thus they will be able to expand their sales to all types of public and not to a specific type of public, if You can do this I'm sure your sales will increase.

allows easy access to digital assets of entrepreneurs or companies thanks to its software, this helps potential customers find the product they are looking for

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Daminion review by <span>Lou Ann H.</span>
Lou Ann H.

a workhorse in managing keywords or tags and sorting using several variables

What do you like best?

1,Daminion allows us customize tags completely. 2. We can search by using and , or and a combination of exclusion and inclusion, love that! 3. Work pretty well with large databases. Finally the metadatt stays with the files, so we can work on the catalog on one computer and transfer the files to another computer. We are out in the "wild west', ie Nebraska and oftern our clients do not have internet and we must carry a laptop with the stand alone catalog. Therefore it is essential that the files and the catalog transfer easily

What do you dislike?

The difference in language has caused some issues for sure. We are talking one thing and we believe that often they are hearing something else through their translation program. The program does lose files every once in while. That is for no reason you will have a "broken chain' note which means it can't find the file. For that reason we do backups ALL the time, Losing data is a very real possibility with Dominion. And there are few commands that should not be on the program. Commands like Optimize just literally destroys the catalog. Again another reason to do backups!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Daminion should consider helping us stand alone folks a bit more. We are willing to pay for our stand alone program, but we don't need the network program which seems to take most of their time. RIght now the stand alone is free and we feel a bit like red headed step children. Maybe have 3 choices. Free standalone, a lower cost standalone and then the monster network for the companies on the net.

We design and manufacture cemetery memorials. We don't do just standard items. The client is treated to a huge array of shapes, designs and colors. This program carries all our photos and we can pull up the pictures to satisfy every possible question. This program on a little laptop has taken the place of 100 hardbound sales catalogs .

Daminion review by <span>David A. H.</span>
David A. H.

Daminion is a timesaver for tagging that gives you hope!

What do you like best?

Other photo organizing programs make you sit through some serious lag time when you tag one or more photos. Daminion doesn't. The stars pretty much pop right up! Creating tags is easy, and they can be copied from catalog to catalog. There's some autofilling with tags that also speeds things up. Take heart, have hope: with Daminion, you will probably be able to tame your photo folders!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't assign star ratings simply by tapping a number key, without holding down the Ctrl key: It's too far to stretch my fingers!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Note that I'm writing this review, truthfully, in response to a prompt saying this will lift the 15,000 pictures/catalog limitation.

I'm in the business of pleasing my friends. (Does that make me a politician?) I take too many photos, and Daminion helps me distill out a few highlights to send or show. Or post to fb. :-)

Daminion review by <span>Peter R.</span>
Peter R.

Daminion for landscape design companies

What do you like best?

Easiness of importing photos and assigning tags, great tag controlling features and reverse GPS locating features. Tremendous online and e-mail ! support! ! ! Never've seen something like that. When aksing something you get an answer by e-mail immediately - and it is always helpful and a solution to the point you asked.

What do you dislike?

Sorry, Daminion is great as it is.

Not really neccessary - but if anything, some basic picture improvement features would be nice. Maybe some minor improvements of user interface design (for example exporting pictures and assigning tags ist hidden in "transform"-pulldown in the export-dialogue - would have 'never' found that without help)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best support ever and and very friendly too (!) - improvements are considered for coming update if your question leads to the point that the software maybe needs some minor improvements in a specific detail. Very very intuitive to use, nice interface. Wonderful GPS tool for pictures and all documents which daminon is able to import. Full featured test-version (limitation to 15.000! documents), nice blog-site.

Gathering and tagging photos and connected digital documents (pdf...) Daminion is very intuitive and easy to use. The interface of the software is great and meets features we were looking for. We have just tested the software for several weeks and will buy it.

Daminion review by <span>Angel J.</span>
Angel J.

good and easy

What do you like best?

excellent platform for creative users who are looking for a database for their photographs or looking for something new, it has very good elements and tools that make this something incredible and simple

What do you dislike?

It is somewhat complex and difficult to understand the operation of your platform the first time you use it, but still remains a good ally for users who start in this area either for work or just for fun

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform with a large database, this is your best option, very easy to use, simple and easily accessible for all users.

Its large database was very helpful to complement my projects with other programs and thus offer my clients quality and very good jobs that meet the expectations and achieve the objectives

Learning about Daminion?

* We monitor all Daminion reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.