Database Performance Analyzer

Database Performance Analyzer

Database Performance Analyzer monitors on-premises, on VMware®, and in the Cloud, including Amazon® AWS and Azure™ virtual machines. Agentless architecture, safe to use in production

Work for Database Performance Analyzer?

Learning about Database Performance Analyzer?

Database Performance Analyzer Reviews

Ask Database Performance Analyzer a Question
Showing 101 Database Performance Analyzer reviews
Database Performance Analyzer review by <span>anup s.</span>
anup s.

Must Have tool for Any SQL DBA

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Ability to see current activities from multiple aspect/view is best thing for me.

When there is a an issue with any Server and need to quickly narrow down to the right place of root cause this is a tool allows me to focus on right places and remove all sorts of noise from data.

Tagging and Annotation is another great feature.

Ability to see the historical details/plan/ is very helpful while working on Query performance.

What do you dislike?

1) I can not search the specific text on any of the sub screen when drill down to session/sql/machine etc... tabs.

2) there is only one way to search the SQL by actual text is "SQL TEXT" and that is not complete. it would be good to have some place we can search specific sql I am looking for.

3) any adhoc sql/queries are not grouped to gather (like procedures) and hence its historical details can not be viewed. it will be good to have some way of connecting those adhoc sqls using same plan and being able to generate execution history.

4) on the same adhoc plan tab, for any given plan we have to drill down each sql manually one by one. it would be god to have some kind of summary popup/tool-tip when we hover over the plan in DPA.

It is a go to tool for me in my current work place for finding/analyzing/solving any type of SQL DB issues.

it removes the waste from screen speed up the process that increases the over all cycle time for resolving any DB issue.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Database Performance Analyzer
Database Performance Analyzer review by <span>Parag K.</span>
Parag K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The best thing about DPA is it identifies the performance issue with in seconds and by focusing on wait stats identifying the root cause is very easy. We can see instantaneously if blocking was occurring at any specific time and what were the root blockers. The good thing is it gets down to minutes and even seconds of time in terms of granularity. It also allows to set up various custom alerts which is very beneficial

What do you dislike?

The thing I found to be wanting in solarwinds DPA is the graphs for various metrics can capture time - value pair of only one metric. I can't capture multiple instances of a metric (for example - multiple replication distribution agents latency values ) from with in DPA

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool is recommended because its very easy to use and rich in feature set

We mainly use DPA for performance monitoring and optimization of our SQL databases. It allows benefits like blocking identification, capturing resource bottlenecks like CPU, memory etc and we set up numerous customized alerts in solarwinds DPA.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Application Performance Monitoring (APM) solution do you use?

Database Performance Analyzer review by <span>Greg A.</span>
Greg A.

Database Performance Analyzer review

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The software is easy to upgrade and administer.

SolarWinds provides good support.

The main dashboard shows which database instances are experiencing the greatest wait times. It also shows those with the greatest upward wait times. There is a status summary with counts that are color coded for quickly finding issues. Below that, is a listing of all the instances with a color coded status across multiple categories. From there, you can start drilling down into specific instances and see top SQL statements, Waits, Programs, Users, etc. It is very easy to see trends or if it was just an abnormality. You can see across days or drill down into specific hours. It also provides advisors and quick resources (e.g. wait descriptions).

What do you dislike?

The cost for licensing Oracle RAC instances is expensive. Each instance costs $3,495 at list price which adds up quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should be at the top of your list.

When new queries are introduced into the environment and are detrimental, we quickly see when it started and the frequency that it occurs.

We also use this to quickly focus on the top queries causing issues instead of isolated incidents.

Database Performance Analyzer review by <span>Richard C.</span>
Richard C.

Window to my SQL server

Validated Review
What do you like best?

You can easily find the most expensive queries. we have found that DBA's and developers a like both like that application, I work in support so i can also see how the server is performing and then contact the DBA or Deve guys to say ... hay... look at what your latest software patch is doing to the DB. one of my favorite things is that you can pull data from Database Performance Analyzer into some of solarwinds other software like into Software Application module.

What do you dislike?

SSAS .. when are we going to be able to monitor that? I'm sorry to say that the Price is the thing that is the thing I dislike the most. The amount of time i have to say well another license will cost £X that is when they normal leave my desk very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love the application and so do the developers, DBA and people like myself, people in application support we all use it, we have found it a bit expensive. The layout is great easy to navigate, we have just started use the alerts and the reporting features which seems to be working well. We also use Solarwinds Software Application Module which you have cnn link the two softwares together so you can have data and information that Database performance analyser gathers pulled into the software application modules dashboards.

Developers can see the performance on the database with out having direct access to the database.

Database Performance Analyzer review by <span>Franklin W.</span>
Franklin W.
Validated Review

DPA is everything your DBA desires

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Even though SQL server has the information available to your DBA, it doesn't compile and present it the same way that DPA does. Not only that, but you can title specific sql actions to maintain a visual on the actions that are common and causing the highest wait times.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the trial was only 14 days... `

Recommendations to others considering the product

The setup is pretty simple... just make sure you have the right credentials for each instance!

We have already realized over 10 different issues that we were able to quickly resolve across multiple departments simply by letting it do it's thing. My DBA was giddy with excitement and we totally ended up purchasing it because of the impact it had on our business.

Database Performance Analyzer review by <span>Grant A.</span>
Grant A.

DPA personal review

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I personally love the real time aspect to troubleshooting. It is often something other products can deflect. It fully integrates into other Solarwinds products like NPM. Cross vendor support is also a great benefit, SQL, Oracle, MySQl, SAP, and cloud offerings.

The live charts are worth their weight in gold. being able to see and then go back in time to check before the issue happened is wonderful and one of its best features. I have used other products that over look this and the fact you can alter the granularity yourself is great.

What do you dislike?

some of the features are needed to get the most out of the other solarwinds products. you often feel like you have to buy the set to get the most befit.The cost of the product can quickly rise. The start price is great but in reality its vastly higher when you factor in a larger environment. I know its cheaper then other solutions however when you factor in you really need other modules to make sure you're getting most out of it (SAM) it really does rack up the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

personally I would use this in conjunction to owning the other solar winds products. NPM and SAM are a must

bottlenecks. It comes with a lot of of the box and is able to detect issues I wasn't aware of. It makes you seem like a Database performance specialist even with limited knowledge. We have seen a few speed issues just from the real time performance charts.

Learn more about Database Performance Analyzer

Database Performance Analyzer Videos

Learning about Database Performance Analyzer?

* We monitor all Database Performance Analyzer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.