DataCamp

DataCamp is an online learning platform that provides courses teaching everything about data science.

Work for DataCamp?

Learning about DataCamp?

DataCamp Reviews

Ask DataCamp a Question
Showing 32 DataCamp reviews
DataCamp review by <span>Avinash S.</span>
Avinash S.

"One of the best platform to learn Data Science or Data Analysis"

What do you like best?

The best thing is their concept to teach us. First they explain the concepts through the video and examples and then they provide us some small exercises to complete. Later for every course they provide exercise on real life project. There are many real life projects available along with very supportive Slack community.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike is that they should provide more exercise on the SQL and also few more exercises on Importing Data Using Python. They did covered only few scenarios in that and I had to learned other scenarios myself.

They should also more courses on their mobile platform. Currently I use it on Desktop as mobile platform doesn't have enough courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will suggest you to definitely try datacamp as they have one of the best course structure to learn data science and data analysis. Good Luck.

I am using Datacamp for myself. I am currently learning Data Science using Python from there and currently on the Data Visualization Stage. I am using this platform since 8 months and I am really so much happy to use it. I previously have used DataQuest and I will definitely prefer DataCamp over DataQuest to anyone.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DataCamp
DataCamp review by <span>Gabriel K.</span>
Gabriel K.

"Good for Beginners"

What do you like best?

The content is presented well and the basics that are commonly used with Python and R are taught in a way that is easy to remember. For those wanting to get more into Kaggle, they have a course that will help you get your first Kaggle submission ready and understand how to get involved in that community.

What do you dislike?

The beginner and intermediate courses are great to get up and running, but I didn't find much in the way of advanced or in-depth material. I would have like to have more projects to work on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Data camp is a great place to get started in data science. I would recommend it to anyone looking to get a good intro to Python or R for data science.

The beginner and intermediate courses helped me get going when I started with Kaggle and data science. I use a lot of what I learned in the courses in my job every day.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

DataCamp review by <span>Manisha B.</span>
Manisha B.

"Best platform to learn python!"

What do you like best?

I love their tutorials on languages like Python and R language. Data Camp’s way of instruction style and in-browser programming environment are great for learning syntax for python and R. I am not a CS engineer, but I had to use python frequently for my work and assignments too. I agree we get loads of resources on the internet, but learning something in an interactive way is always a plus. I got to evaluate this website for a trial period too, which is great. It gave me some time to think to further access their services, which I obviously did. They have loads of tutorials and after every tutorial we get a coding assignment on what we learnt. I find this way really great to learn any language. Their R Programming Track, which is also one of my favorites for programming courses in general, effectively gives you a blend of both programming fundamentals and R syntax instructions. There are definitely loads of pros to this website. It's not even expensive at all. Their videos are really good and to the point. They cover mostly every critical aspect in the topic. I would recommend this to all data science people.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about it. I mean I didn't find anything to hate or dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must use for data science students and beginners for R and Python language.

Being a non-CS engineer, it is helping me to learn some of the most used languages in industries, like python and R. Also, I can learn them anytime I want. Interactive way and fun to learn languages.

DataCamp review by <span>Maike H.</span>
Maike H.

"outstanding tool for improving coding ability"

What do you like best?

I like that you get to practice coding directly after watching short videos. You also get feedback and hints when you need extra help. This is definitely the way to learn--by doing. The instructors are all engaging and are professional in their presentation of the material. I also like the python/r command line tool available during practice problems. It allows you to experiment with the code in real time. I appreciate the breadth of topics offered--datacamp offers courses in everything from statistics to text mining, writing functions, and working with spatial data. Finally, I like that datacamp is extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the example problems are trivial or not very interesting, and I had trouble locating datasets that were used for example problems (I wanted to have them so I could practice on my own computer). Also, if you are struggling on a problem, the hints are not always very helpful. I've often finished practice problems correctly, but was not able to submit because my syntax was slightly different, which was a little annoying. Sometimes the practice problems did not relate very well to the lecture material.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to those who want to improve their coding in either R, Python, or both. It's a fast and efficient way to get better.

Datacamp has helped me be much more efficient in coding problems in the workplace. I have implemented many of the things I learned in projects for work.

DataCamp review by <span>Henry G.</span>
Henry G.

"Just as good as a Master's Program"

What do you like best?

Both R and Python are on here. There is always a debate between R and Python and having both on their lets the user pick! Also, there is new content all the time - awesome. I have finished the coursework for a Master's in Predictive Analytics and I did Data Camp exercises the entire time to help me out.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have not found anything I don't like about this yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a FANTASTIC educational site if you are looking to learn R or Python for the first time AND are a veteran and looking to enhance your skills. Also, if you are looking to get into Data Science, this is an awesome place to start.

Trying to be better all around at using R so I can push Machine Learning algorithms to production that are a part of an analytics software. When it comes to data prep, I love using R. I have extensive SQL background, so learning R was a cool experience.

DataCamp review by <span>Melanie C.</span>
Melanie C.

"Great way to learn how to use data science to improve Case Study & Applied Finance modules"

What do you like best?

The community hub where there are tons of tutorials from the best & brightest, it's easy to connect with people you can learn from in various specialties. For people who didn't get their undergrad in "tech" related fields of study, this has been a big help when using data science to break down financing modules and cleaning up data to make our case studies more impactful.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing but we are still exploring the modules and topics we wouldn't personally use off the bat.

We're using Data Camp to address some of the lag that our staff has when it comes to tech in our research and analysis work. We look forward to using the DataCamp tools.courses as our work progresses and expands.

Learning about DataCamp?

* We monitor all DataCamp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.