DataFox

DataFox helps sales and marketing teams prospect smarter and have thoughtful, personalized conversations at exactly the right time.

Work for DataFox?

Showing 50 DataFox reviews
DataFox review by <span>Sean P.</span>
Sean P.

Very helpful for BDR/SDR roles

What do you like best?

It's been great to be able to create lists of companies in my territory. The list creating feature is definitely one of my favorite features of DataFox as you can find any sort of list online and have DataFox create a list of those companies for you. The HG Data Technographics feature is great too as it helps you see what types of systems/software that a company might already be using. You can also create lists based on many different filters and you can get pretty creative with these filters when creating lists which is why I have multiple lists for companies in my territory.

What do you dislike?

The employee size count can be off at times.

It helps me have an easy to use list of companies in my territory where it gives me information about the company, any sort of funding that the company may have had, and what software the company might be using. It also gives information such as HQ phone numbers and their location which helps as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DataFox
DataFox review by <span>Andrew S.</span>
Andrew S.

A Powerful Prospecting Tool

What do you like best?

Put simply, I love being able to have an updated dynamic list of accounts within my sales territory organized based on campaign criteria I choose - it takes a lot of manual work out of my day. It's great being able to get as granular as I want to as well as being alerted when certain status triggers occur such as when companies within my list have new rounds of funding or go through expansion. The icing on the cake is how seamlessly it integrates with Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

There could be a bit more clarity on the difference between signals vs. alerts which caused some initial confusion but our customer success rep sorted it out promptly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their CS reps are great! You can lean on them if you have questions and they will get back to you promptly.

For outbound sales, it's crucial to be able reach the right account at the right time in the most efficient way possible. Datafox has allowed me to cut down on my manual processes and come to work each day with a list of viable accounts that I did not have to build myself. If I wanted to have a campaign targeting medium sized companies, within a certain geographic area, using XYZ tech stack, I could have a list populated easily and that would be scratching the surface of how granular I could get.

What Marketing Account Intelligence solution do you use?

DataFox review by <span>David D.</span>
David D.

Great for finding and tracking startups

What do you like best?

Datafox provides a simple interface to lots of really useful functions:

- Tracking companies using lists. It is easy to add a company to a list through the browser sidebar, share lists with the team, and download lists to go.

- Finding out what conferences the companies we are tracking will be attending so we can prioritize events that matter

- Easily integrate Datafox with Salesforce so that our Salesforce fields can be added to Datafox filters and list columns

- Great signal tracking for our companies from social media, news, etc., and the ability to select specific signals for alerts. Alerts can be shared instantly with the team via Slack

- Very good customer service: the Datafox team quickly responds to requests for conferences, lists, new companies, and company edits. They even take those crowded "landscape" images that show all of the company logos in a particular sector and make a list for you.

What do you dislike?

There are a few improvements that would make life easier:

- I wish the Similar Companies recommendations were more precise. It would be so helpful if this feature could help more to find comparable companies.

- I wish this had a mobile app

We use Datafox - alongside Pitchbook and Salesforce - to find, track, and keep in touch with startups that our VC firm would potentially invest in. The benefit of Datafox is that it is easy to use and helps make our team more productive without requiring a lot of configuration or training. It's great to be able to quickly get a list of all of the companies that we have spoken to in the Chicago area and download the list before heading out there. Or sharing a list of all of the companies that we are tracking that are at the conference a colleague is attending so she can reach out to them in advance. Or getting alerts on a startup that just hired a new Chief Product Officer to prompt us to reach out to hear what's new. It saves time.

DataFox review by <span>Fernando G.</span>
Fernando G.

Great tool with accurate data

What do you like best?

DataFox is a great tool for getting information about companies and alerts when companies you follow are in the news. It is also useful for prospecting within those companies. If the company you are prospecting isn't already in the DataFox database, you can request they be added with a simple click.

What do you dislike?

Some of the profiles they serve up are bare bones and bereft of data, this is often not the fault of DataFox as the companies this applies to are often quite small or are just getting off the ground.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DataFox is a great tool, they have been very responsive to our requests and have come into the office to train the team and solicit feedback on how they are doing and how they can get better.

DataFox provides a foundation for how we prioritize inbound leads. It helps our outbound efforts by serving up news about the companies we are following, providing a compelling reason to reach out.

DataFox review by <span>Ben K.</span>
Ben K.

Great for Account level Data - List Matching works well

What do you like best?

The Account level data is great. Datafox has helped me massively with the de-duplication of accounts, which was a big problem for us. We have tried other vendors in the past for this, and none have been as accurate as Datafox.

I haven't tried their newer feature RE: prospecting with contact level data, so I can't speak to it.

What do you dislike?

The UI on their website is not the best, sometimes I get confused between "List Building" and the "Data Insight" tabs. It would also be great to be able to export lists with a larger number of companies in it.

We use Datafox from both an account cleanup, enrichment, and acquisition standpoint - it is a massive help when it comes to territory planning season. Their success team is engaging and able to understand your business needs very quickly, and recommend solutions to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.

DataFox review by <span>Maggie M.</span>
Maggie M.

Excellent data, helpful tools, easy UI

What do you like best?

The plug-in to Salesforce is great, they provide CEO contacts which is such a time-saver, lots of the data proves to be correct (things like employee count and recent fundraising), and I love the conference prospecting capability and Slack news updates as well.

What do you dislike?

I find the notifications that come up on the bottom right can be annoying, and sometimes things take longer to sync than usual, but I just x-out the notification boxes and the customer support is always super helfpul to the sync issues we have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! We love it and recommend it to other biz dev/investment dev/corp dev/all sales teams

DataFox helps us source more leads and prioritize outreach more efficiently, improving our CRM's quality of data and our overall success in targeting/reaching prospects.

Learning about DataFox?

* We monitor all DataFox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.