Datahug

Datahug

Datahug is a sales optimization solution that helps sales teams forecast calls, spot deals at risk, and win more with better coaching. All without burdening your salespeople.

Work for Datahug?

Learning about Datahug?

Datahug Reviews

Ask Datahug a Question
Datahug review by Benjamin S.
Benjamin S.

"Area Vice President, Mobility Solutions"

What do you like best?

Complete transparency into rep activity and the deal score is more and more reliable

What do you dislike?

Forecasting module could use a few tweaks, but I've seen the roadmap and confident in the path.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes salesforce more valuable

Better forecast accuracy. Better account history with rep turnover (it's basically perfect information on what we did). Better deal summaries upon closure (how long from first touch, how many meetings).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Datahug
Showing 45 Datahug reviews
Datahug review by Benjamin R.
Benjamin R.

"Great tool for everything Sales Ops related"

What do you like best?

I really like the pipeline flow charts and real-time sales engagement metrics. As we all know, sales can usually be a little dodgey when it comes to saying how engaged they are with their prospective clients, but DataHug can help remove most of that uncertainty.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is how the default option is for forecast category and not stage of the opportunity. Its not even a big deal as you can switch between them, but I just wish opportunity stage was the default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really good solution here that costs about 50% of the others like Clari that do very similar things. I also like that this lives inside the Salesforce system itself instead of outside portals. Lastly, their support is top-notch and worked with us to create a custom gmail integration based on our own security preferences. I will gladly recommend DataHug to anyone looking for a solution like this.

I've been able to get much more realistic forecasts from the sales team and understanding of where deals are moving to whether they are pushed out to a further date/closed/progressed through stages/milestones hit etc. Additionally, the real-time user engagement metrics have been key to understand the capacity of each sales team member which will be used to help determine scaling for the following year.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Datahug
Datahug review by Cameron B.
Cameron B.

"Solved our Pipeline Visibility and Forecasting Issues"

What do you like best?

The platform was able to solve one of the most common pain points in a sales organization, pipeline visibility. The team at Datahug is an absolute pleasure to work with at all times and they're always informing us of what is coming soon and actually listen to the feedback that is provided from their customers. The new forecasting tool is also solving another huge pain point within sales organizations. Unlike a lot of other players in this space, Datahug can provide insights that Salesforce does not already provide.

What do you dislike?

The functionality was slightly limited when the product was first released to us. Since then, they have used feedback to really make things the way I had envisioned when we purchased. One of the asks I would have is to allow weekly forecasting, but I'm sure they will roll that out at some point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product for anyone looking to gain pipeline visibility, manage forecasting, and help with overall sales coaching. A lot of "competitors" (I don't think anyone is really doing what Datahug is doing) will just take SFDC data and represent it in a different way and call it insights, but Datahug provides insights that are not available in a common Salesforce instance.

We are solving the issue of not having visibility into the pipeline and how deals are moving through that pipeline. It has also started helping with our forecasting and having our reps think critically about their own deals.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Datahug review by Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.

"Datahug is one of, if not the best sales enablement tool we use in our organization."

What do you like best?

The transparency and organization it provides has been a complete game changer. Datahug automates core components of the sales process including lead routing, deal strategy/stakeholders, deal next steps, pipeline management, forecasting, forecast accuracy and I understand they'll be releasing a new coaching component to the platform soon (we were excited to get a sneak peak and are anxious for this to come out as we'll be using it to run our QBR scorecards). By automating these capabilities, it allows the reps to get real-time information without manual and administrative steps freeing up more time for selling and giving us powerful analytics to work smarter.

What do you dislike?

The deal score can only tell you so much so you still need context behind the deal to determine if the score is dependable or not. For instance, we work closely with outside influencers from other agencies or consulting firms to drive a lot of our deals. They have different email addresses and work with us on many different deals so we don't have an easy way to evaluate communication with them against the health of a specific deal. This makes some opportunities reflect a much smaller deal health than is the reality. But frankly, if you're buying datahug for the deal score, you're not thinking about the capabilities of this technology the right way.

Datahug has eliminated hours of manual work and separate spreadsheets /google docs by allowing our organization easy routing of information through SFDC, historical context to an account/opportunity/contact, and an accurate bottoms up approach to our forecasting set-up in a way that makes coaching deals much easier for our managers.

The best part is, all of this is now at the reps fingertips so information that use to just be available to executives that we weren't able to provide an an individual level, is now real-time information that every rep can use to run their territory.

I also really appreciate how cutting edge Datahug is around their technology. We're constantly in anticipation of their next release because it just keeps getting better and better.

Datahug review by Morgan L.
Morgan L.

"Incredible product - makes a huge impact to sales productivity"

What do you like best?

Analytics and visuals to help sales productivity are invaluable. The visuals that we get within salesforce are extremely helpful as well. Any questions that I had or anything I needed help with, datahug was always there to help and always solved my problems. It was really helpful especially when tracking the health of our accounts, and when next and previous meetings happened. Needless to say, majority of our reports that we provide to upper management were built using datahug. Great product.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don't like about the product as well as the team at datahug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you reach out to customer success at datahug for suggestions on how to get better use of the product if you don't feel you are getting the most out of it. They have helped me with several ideas that enabled me to create reports I wouldn't have thought of before.

We are using datahug to track SDR productivity (emails, meetings, etc.), we are using datahug to easily see how healthy our relationships are with current and potential customers without having to put together several reports to track this. It has also been extremely helpful to see most communication with certain people at companies we are targeting. Tracking the health of certain accounts has enabled us to have sales focus on accounts that need attention, and make our chance to close much higher.

Datahug review by Justin P.
Justin P.

"Visibility without a productivity dip"

What do you like best?

A lot of the best reporting you can get from a CRM like Salesforce actually requires a lot of manual data entry by sales reps, but the opportunity cost of requiring this data entry can oftentimes outweigh the value of having that data; not to mention you never know if it's all been entered, leaving you with a data set that you're not quite sure is accurate.

With DataHug we get:

- Contact roles automatically added to opportunities, something that typically never happens manually by reps.

- Objective deal scoring based on engagement, without requiring the rep to do anything.

The success team is also very responsive and always seems to have improvements on the roadmap for the limitations we bring to them.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations with the forecasting module regarding selectable time periods -- can only see current/next month/quarter. We like to look farther out in some cases, and also would like rolling month functionality in addition to fiscal quarters.

Some extra clicks required in the forecasting module when changing time period -- it resets the forecast view to the manager, requiring us to re-click into the hierarchy to the user we were on when a new time period was selected. (i.e. I'm looking at sales rep A's current month pipeline, then change date to next month and it now displays the pipeline for all reps, requiring me to click into that individual rep again.)

*To my knowledge, these fixes are on the dev roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For companies trying to get get more granular with pipeline analysis, this is a no brainer.

- Marketing Campaign Influence

- Identifying Neglected Opps

- Closing out deals that are likely to be lost sooner, saving valuable time for the rep

- More focused 1-on-1 manager/rep meetings

Datahug review by Victoria P.
Victoria P.

"Game Changer for Sales Reps"

What do you like best?

I like that my score on deals constantly update so that my Director can quickly glance at my pipeline and know which opportunities I'm focused on and see how he can help out.

I have room for improvement in regards to logging my daily activity in our CRM each day (I don't know which sales rep doesn't have this problem when you have a lot of meetings and follow-ups!) I love that Datahug will automatically pull from my activity so that all my hard work/activity is shown immediately even if I forget to log an email right away!

It's also super intuitive so I don't need to worry about clicking a wrong button or needing any extra product training.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes prospects don't accept my calendar invites but they show up and we still have our calls/meetings but they won't log as a next step in data hug which affects my overall deal score. Perhaps if less points could be assigned for invites-that would help and more points can be assigned or taken into consideration if a prospect DOES accept the invite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out! It's painless for sales reps and provides insight into the day to day of a sales person... all to benefit the sales rep, the sales team, and company.

Transparency and accountability. I can see everyone's scores on all their deals and know what range is healthy for a good opportunity. Accountability: Datahug will tell you whether you need more contacts, need a next step, and your overall activity throughout a sales cycle.

Administrator in Internet

"Helps with Pipeline Visibility "

What do you like best?

The ability to see what is in pipeline by team and rep is very useful. The mechanism where everyone has to "submit" their forecast forces reps to think about their pipeline and make sure it is clean.

I like the ability to see pipeline coverage by team and rep.

The Opportunities module is visually nice and helps to differentiate deals that have a higher probability to close. Obviously this is dependent on reps inputting their contacts and activity but helpful for 1-on-1s.

Pipeline flow is a great way to go deal by deal to understand what is in the pipeline for each team and rep.

What do you dislike?

While they are making improvements, there still is a lot to get better.

The overall analytics could be better.

The ability to stratify on different segments would be nice.

The ability to subtotal teams without adding a management layer in the org would be helpful (if one manager manages a few teams).

Their competitors have better UI and more robust solutions (though they are more costly).

Reps get confused at times of how to submit and what to submit.

They were recently purchased by SAP. While this may not be a bad thing, its hard to say what will ultimately happen with the product and how much attention it will receive.

DataHug allows us to have visibility into our pipeline and allows managers to hold efficient 1-on-1s with reps.

Datahug review by Jean L.
Jean L.

"SVP Segment Leader"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a very useful repository but Data Hug does all of the things Salesforce can't. Showing you changes in your pipeline and showing you where your red flags sit is a critical differentiator from it's competitors. We chose Datahug as a way to capture more contacts in the workflow and make things easier for our sales team, but we gained much more for the insight it brings.

What do you dislike?

I wish the product would have to additional features: Expanded views of pipeline (beyond fiscal quarter) and

view all the way into the email content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have managers try the product first to gain buy- in. Especially helpful when reps turn over or are terminated,

however full email would be a great advantage.

Every sales team no matter how well managed has deals that slip or opportunities that could be pulled into the quarter. This tool allows you to see your hotspots and potential deals easily without combing through deal after deal in Salesforce.

Datahug review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Great way to get insights on what's happening in an account or opportunity"

What do you like best?

Datahug helps our SDR team understand what engagement is happening within accounts and opportunities we generate. We don't have to chase AEs down to find out if they are connected or not. We can bring insights to our discussions with our team members by referring to who they are talking to, when they met to get updates in the same way you want to bring insights and value to conversations with your customers.

The scoring is a great piece to understand how opportunities are progressing and the ability to pull in leads/contacts automatically into Salesforce once they reach a Hugrank is helpful to automate processes.

What do you dislike?

If I had to nitpick, the data on activity etc. isn't updated in real time. I would have to wait until tomorrow to get an update on what happened today. Maybe an 'update data now' button can get point updates/refreshes of data?

Activities with consultants can get pulled across multiple opportunities which can cause some confusion to the untrained eye.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll want to test the waters with the Hugrank score before you start importing contacts/leads that hit a specific score.

We're solving for visibility and health into accounts and opportunities without having to chase down Account Executives. We're speeding up communication with our team members on the progress of calling into accounts and the progress of opportunities. For AEs who don't want to manually add contacts to accounts - you can email first and add the contact into the account record very quickly ensuring that no lead/contact is left behind. We also get analytics and the ability to forecast on opportunities and can spot red flags.

Datahug review by Tim N.
Tim N.

"Forecasting Gold!"

What do you like best?

DataHug has a lot of things to like about it, and it really helps you to keep on top of your pipeline.

I think it's especially useful for people working long and complex sales cycles, as it has excellent forecasting tools to go alongside the communication tracking.

For me, one of the most useful features is how it automatically picks up and suggests likely contacts at opportunities, based on domain name and velocity of communication. I used to HATE adding contacts to SFDC and now it's a 1-2 click process.

There's also a great transparency, and it helps to be able to see which of my cohort are also talking to clients. Occasionally it unearths an unexpected connection from across the organisation!

What do you dislike?

Working with consultants across multiple opps can be confusing.

There's no option to add a second / third domain for tracking in our SFDC instance, but this could be an implementation issue our side.

I genuinely struggled to make sense of a long pipeline before getting DataHug, and now I'm much more able to prioritise based on both gut and what the numbers say.

The DealScore has become a focal point of our forecasting and is giving the management significantly better insight into comms and whether a rep is really in a position to close a deal this month / quarter. We're now able to be much more realistic with our forecast.

Datahug review by Matthew W.
Matthew W.

"Global Sales Operations Manager Qlik"

What do you like best?

Datahug is so easy to use and has helped us with forecasting, finding new contacts, deal reviews, coaching employees, forecast accuracy and increasing sales rep efficiency

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything to dislike. I have helped administer the tool and been involved in the roll out and adoption through training and enablement

Recommendations to others considering the product

Datahug has provided immediate business value and is an integral part of the way we work. We could no longer work without its insight! Great tool

Deal Reviews - helping get visibility of engagement at Opp level

Forecast Dashboards - highlighting deals at risk due to lack of communication or engagement

Deal Accelerator - DH immediately helped progress 10% of pipeline in NA SMB

Sales Rep Efficiencies - hundreds of contacts added each week using DH app

Renewals - alert sales rep when renewals contact has been contacted in customer account

Sales 360 Integration - sync'ing data points with our Sales 360 tool Qlik apps

Datahug Communications Analysis - map communication patterns against revenue

Datahug review by Thomas G.
Thomas G.

"Great visibility, and some great efficiency features for reps"

What do you like best?

Datahug's first feature - scoring communication between reps and prospects - is amazing visibility for forecasting, and is one of our two primary sniff tests (along with a deal review object which captures structured qualification information) when adjusting deals in the forecast. The features introduced since then such as automagically adding contact roles to opps, or matching inbound leads to existing accounts, have just continued to add value. Working with the team at Datahug is always great. They have to be one of the most responsive and customer-focused vendors I've dealt with.

What do you dislike?

Complex sales motions, especially when working across multiple divisions of large companies, or working with consultants/resellers across multiple accounts, can introduce noise.

Primarily greater forecasting visibility without requiring manual work or data entry by sales reps, but also aggregating marketing activities across accounts.

Datahug review by Ravi P.
Ravi P.

"Nice-to-have but not a need-to-have tool"

What do you like best?

The activity tracking features are the most useful for us. Not everyone in sales is diligent about logging meetings and Datahug does a nice job grabbing all that info automatically.

What do you dislike?

There are some accuracy issues (still an improvement over the status quo of poor data management by reps, but not 100% accurate either). I haven't found much use from the rest of the product, but it's relatively inexpensive so it seems like the value is there.

Our sales team has had problems recording everything (emails, calls, meetings, etc) for their accounts. This isn't the biggest deal in the world, but it makes it easier to get a high-level snapshot of how reps are doing. However, our sales team is relatively small (13 people right now) so I wouldn't yet consider this a massive pain point. As we grow I'm sure Datahug will become more useful.

Datahug review by Taft L.
Taft L.

"Invaluable tool for sales managers"

What do you like best?

We took a look at DataHug after I met with their head of Sales Ops at a networking event. It was immediately clear that the software was built to address a huge problem in sales management—the difficulty most sales managers have understanding the health and value of their pipeline.

I've used tools designed for this purpose in the past, but the problem is that most depend on a rep's discipline and willingness to input data into the CRM. I've yet to work with a sales team that was good at logging activities regularly.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to come up with a complaint here. It's easy to set up and understand, which is my normal complaint with any new system.

We are solving the issue associated with limited visibility into sales pipeline.

Datahug review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool for analyzing opportunities"

What do you like best?

It is great to get a better understanding of my pipeline and what opportunities I need to spend more time on. Gives you a better picture of what realistically will close and what accounts you need to find more decision makers at. The visuals of the timeline and the opportunity bubbles are great - awesome UI

What do you dislike?

it accounts for scheduled follow up calls but it doesn't seem to count for voicemails or follow ups I do. I'm not positive if this is an issue with Datahug counting them or our CRM. Also sometimes for SMB companies it suggests I speak to more decision makers when I'm really speaking to the only one already.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for forecasting pipeline. This may go without saying but it can only be as accurate as your team's pipeline and CRM data is.

Pipeline forecasting, it helps me nurture opportunities that need more work. An AMAZING additional benefit is Datahug recognizes if you've been speaking to other people at the account and you can add them to your CRM with ONE CLICK. This seems simple but adding contacts to our CRM currently is extremely tedious.

Datahug review by Carter P.
Carter P.

"Deal transparency"

What do you like best?

DataHug and their deal score is a great indicator of rep traction in an opportunity. Call it a BS detector a dead wood destroyer but put quite simply it is an excellent indicator or a prospects intent to purchase. In a world where we all have multiple priorities and focus DataHug provides a behavioral compass to determine a prospect's interest and your reps ability to convert that interest into a closed deal.

What do you dislike?

Given some data security concerns we had to configure a data transport between our email system and DataHug. This took about two weeks to configure and test but once it was up and running everything worked well.

Sales productivity - DataHug helps rep determine which deals they are getting traction in and allocate their time accordingly. Managing prospects and determining who deserves more time has been an art up to now. DataHug brings some sceince to pipeline management.

Forecast accuracy - The DataHug deal score provides not only a good indication of a prospect's willingness to buy but the deal score reason helps the rep determine the next step and how to unlock value in their pipeline.

Datahug review by User in Computer Software

"Overall satisfied with DataHug"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the tool is to use and navigate. It is very intuitive and strangely, I like the way it looks. I also like how it sits directly in SFDC so all the information I need is in one place.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the DataHug metrics were integrated into the same section where contacts, analytics, and activity were instead of below as a separate section in SFDC. Also, it would be great to see/track what assets other folks from my company have already sent the prospect so we are not duplicating/sending the same thing over and over again to the same prospect. I also wish that I could see the content/email subject/email itself in the activity section. I would like to limit the amount of scrolling I do when on an account page and even having the email subject in the activity section would be helpful to see what types of conversations my colleagues were having with the Account.

In my previous role as an ADR, I wanted a way to connect with my colleagues who had worked on the account prior to make sure I was prospecting effectively. Territories are changing quickly for us as we go and DataHug gave me the visibility I needed to target the right people in each account and ensure there was little duplicate information.

Datahug review by Richard M.
Richard M.

"DataHug gives us access to more data, more insights and more intelligence"

What do you like best?

Where do you start?

Access to relationships we did not know we had is a critical part of business. Getting warm introductions to key target accounts speeds up the sales cycle significantly.

The Dealscore keeps our people honest - and we now use this in our risk based analysis when looking at which deals to pursue and which to drop.

What do you dislike?

The Dealscore gives us valuable insights into the win chance of our opportunities. However, given it only connects to the standard "Contact Role" object - and we use a custom object - we have to sync the 2 tables continually. Not an ideal solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other users of the product before buying. Find out what it did for their business and what it might do for yours. Learn from mistakes made by others before starting the journey.

We get access to contact and relationships which have been hidden for the last 26 years.

We get more certainty on where to put our time - which deals are likely to come off and which are not.

It can also keep us honest - what more do we need to do to get a deal over the line.

Datahug review by Nikolai V.
Nikolai V.

"Very Useful Sales tool "

What do you like best?

Datahug is so easy to use and helps me with forecasting, finding new contacts, tracking communication overall assisting me in increase sales more easily. I really like the data score as it helps me measure the communication levels I have with prospects. Working on many deals at once I can see in the analytics of DataHug that communication is dropping and take action to pick things back up or close lost the stalled deal.

What do you dislike?

I believe that the software has great capabilities and works really well. An alerts feature could be useful so when a communication score drops I can get an email letting me know that I should take action.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Datahug to other sales people as it's very useful

- Allows me to see when a deal is stalled saving me time

- Allows my manager to be able to see the work that I am doing with just a quick glance

- Better insights into communications with prospects improving how well I expand the sphere of influence within an organisation

Datahug review by User in Information Technology and Services

"DataHug - Timely and Meaningful Data without the Manual Work"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and provides data in a clear and concise manner. Reduces the amount of effort that our sales team has to spend uploading email and meeting information into Salesforce. The Pipeline Flow report is extremely helpful in reconciling pipeline movement over time. Being able to quickly tell which opportunities are on track is extremely useful as well.

Using DataHug to forecast is much easier than the native Salesforce functionality.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to link the forecast updates made in DataHug to the forecast fields within the standard Salesforce forecasting object. For instance, if I override a Forecast category or amount in DataHug that override does not carry over to the Salesforce Forecasting object.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can move the entire organization to forecast on DataHug, that will provide a lot of value. Trying to have a portion of the organization forecast with DataHug and a portion on Salesforce's object becomes a little tricky.

Provides great insights without having to spend the time to create the reports or log the data yourself.

We wanted to see the amount of interactions our sales team was having with prospects without burdening them with excessive data input. DataHug has provided tremendous insights and it couldn't be easier to install or maintain. I can very quickly and easily see what the team is doing by Account and which Opportunities are on track to close.

Datahug review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Every kind of Sales data you need at your fingertips!"

What do you like best?

As a Salesforce Administrator, I love the easy integration into our CRM. With our CRM data and the information that Datahug captures, Sales Managers are able to get a better and more accurate picture of their sales team's pipeline for forecasting and collaborative coaching. You also can't get better visuals of opportunities than with Datahug. It really helps you to see exactly what is happening over spreadsheets. Lastly, the system is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that would take this over the top is to be able to export out the visuals into a powerpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a sales team that does not have a high adoption rate to your CRM system, this is a great way to capture analytics and information without Sales having to change their bad habits.

We are a legal services vendor and help corporations and law firms with their eDiscovery services needs. We've realized the benefit of using Datahug to capture where our deals win and where they lose.

Datahug review by Joey B.
Joey B.

"Great forecasting tool, sits inside of salesforce"

What do you like best?

Really like the way datahug pulls data directly from within salesforce

What do you dislike?

The cleaniness of the platform could've been a little better. Wasn't as smooth as some other tools for other challenges

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick and easy to implement. Make sure you have sales stages vetted out before investing in a forecasating tool.

We used datahug for forecasting deals, and tracking marketing velocity. We were able to more effectively coach our sales reps based on when in the sales cycle they were losing deals.

Datahug review by Jim  P.
Jim P.

"Great tool for forecasting"

What do you like best?

All the info is right there and it helps when you are making your forecasts because everything is about accuracy and that is the main takeaway I gain from Andrew

What do you dislike?

Datahug can be tricky to enter forecast but overall I find it helps me get to my numbers

Recommendations to others considering the product

cool tool and very helpful. I would say that using Datahug has helped with my forecasting

Accuracy is the most important and it helps a lot

"Ensures Pipeline Quality"

What do you like best?

The deal score that tracks engagement is great, easy way for managers and reps to understand the health of their deals. More importantly, it is an easy way to focus on deals that are unhealthy with a low deal score and understand engagement on deals. This allows reps to manage their pipeline more effectively.

What do you dislike?

Datahug has worked with us to address our concerns and built out functionality specific to us, which is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all the competition and then at Datahug, Datahug will still come out on top. For us, important in a forecasting tool is one that integrates directly in to SFDC, which many other competitors did not do.

Pipeline quality, engagement tracking, forecast accuracy. Pipeline is significantly cleaner than beforehand, and Datahug gives the managers an easy way to see what deals are at risk and which are looking solid.

Datahug review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Fills the gaps in Salesforce's functionality"

What do you like best?

The detailed information on the activity surrounding each account and each contact, including last/first email sent/received, and best connected colleague.

What do you dislike?

The information is updated every 24 hours, which is only a minor inconvenience in very specific situations.

We have a large database of potential customers, and with Salesforce's built-in functionality alone, it would be impossible not to step on eachother's toes in our outreach efforts. Datahug has allowed us to create reports based on recent activity and history. An added benefit was identifying contacts that somebody internally was already connected to that may not have been in our database.

Datahug review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"A great product that truly helps drive strong sales activity"

What do you like best?

I like the Deal Score and the way it can support a manager's evaluation of large numbers of Opportunities. It supports a manager's discussions with team members in terms of the number and quality of contacts and in a deal and look at trends over time.

What do you dislike?

Not much! I would like for calls to be a part of the deal score as we all know that picking up the phone is a vital sales tool.

1. Saving time in Opportunity evaluation across the team

2. Strengthening pipeline management

3. Supporting team members develop more effective deal control

Datahug review by Jason P.
Jason P.

"Nifty. Big help for forecasting and deal review."

What do you like best?

Nice UI, visual and simple. Solid deal scoring based on activity level. Relatively fast. Does some nice updating to Salesforce.com's "Customizable Forecast" which are the least Customizable part of Salesforce, ironically.

What do you dislike?

It's a little complex to explain/understand/get started with. It doesn't store email contents in Salesforce (yet.) Some email alerts and summaries would be nice, rather than just having to log in and look.

Trying to help roll up the forecast in a more flexible way. Evaluating the quality of deals vs what reps think deal quality is. Enjoying the ability to slice and dice the forecast by stage, category, size etc. quickly.

Datahug review by Evelyn H.
Evelyn H.

"Great way to track rep engagement"

What do you like best?

Datahug is great for tracking our rep's activities such as email and meeting engagements with prospects and customers so that our sales management can provide coaching and guidance on each deal. The best part is the pipeline management views where you can see where the deals are coming from and use the information to forecast pipeline.

What do you dislike?

The forecasting capability has some limitations. We'd like more flexibility with adjusting the best case and commits. Ideally the execs and higher level in the org including the administrator should be able to adjust the forecasts.

The key business problem is to help the reps close more deals by providing them with greater guidance on which deal to focus more effort on.

Datahug review by Carl H.
Carl H.

"In short, where have you been all of my life!"

What do you like best?

Clear and immediate understanding of aggregate forecasting, individual gaps, prioritized best actions/next steps served up for the team. Really just a solid package and a must have for any one that lives and dies by making quota/running sales teams.

What do you dislike?

They are working on this, but flex on how you point the detail in the dashboard. Getting better after last release.

It is literally a magic bullshit remover. No more hope, no more dancing with why deals are still there long after their expiration dates, allowing meaningful and targeted sales 1:1's. So much to share.

Datahug review by User in Internet

"Helpful to keep track of sales pipeline"

What do you like best?

Our Hubspot is integrated with Salesforce so it makes it easy to keep track of each deal in my individual pipeline as well as my team's pipeline.

What do you dislike?

Datahug isn't extremely intuitive. It takes some practice to get used to the functionalities.

My team uses Datahug to keep track of our sales on an individual, and company basis. This makes it easy for all of us to keep track of our deals and expected sales outcomes for each month.

Datahug review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Sales Insights"

What do you like best?

Helps me organize my outreach- especially with the aging contacts feature. I no longer have to manually track in my inbox how long ago I last emailed a client or prospective client.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that are limiting- clients sometimes have multiple email alias' depending on their server, so it isn't able to take into full account the transactional/email history.

Solving for who are my most engaged clients and how to further leverage those relationships in a complex transaction, as well as get a sense for where I'm truly moving the needle (or not) and how I can try harder/or approach a more responsive team.

Datahug review by Brad S.
Brad S.

"Sales Director"

What do you like best?

I like the UI and ease of use the best. I can look at an opp and see how much communication is going on in Outlook as well as Salesforce with the customer and the rep... Phenomenal and integrates better than any other app for this use case!

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a plug and play product that is perfect for the use case.

Prior to this there was no app that integrated with Outlook very well and would display info inside of salesforce for the emailing occurring in Outlook (outside of salesforce)... I love the graph that displays outbound versus inbound email communication ratios... very cool!

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Email Activity Monitoring, as this allows us to catch important activity with contacts that are not yet added to our database.

This was a custom feature, but Datahug also provides us with the ability to mass convert up leads that match an existing account in our system. Huge win for database cleanliness.

What do you dislike?

Minor SFDC browser slow down when loading pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're having difficulty getting your reps to enter in contact data and manage their opportunity pipeline, Datahug does an excellent job of scoring high value opps and tracking high activity contacts that should be added to the SFDC Account.

Switching to an ABM SFDC model.

Benefits: ability to easily mass convert leads, excellent visibility into rep activity and pipeline management

Datahug review by John L.
John L.

"my use case"

What do you like best?

It works well to see who else is working with the company and you can see the interest from the customer when they reply back to a number of different people in our company

What do you dislike?

have not found something I do not like....................................

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, and the more it is used the more insight you get

The ability to see the whole account in totality, because we have direct sales and OEM and we do different things with different people, but we can also see when another group is selling to our prospects

Datahug review by Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.

"Data hug is useful for organizing my compny's contact with current customers"

What do you like best?

Syncs with salesforce, updated next day, shows who else at my company is contacting my clients.

What do you dislike?

Only syncs based on domain. Sometimes we use alternate domain emails and his isn't captured.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forecasting tool for management, but a contact system for account executives.

Who to reach out to on inherited accounts besides the obvious contacts. Getting in touch with new people.

Datahug review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"So far really enjoying the experience with Datahug"

What do you like best?

the deal score for me is the most valuable- helps me manage my team and their pipe.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes emails are added in as 'tasks' to deal hug which is annoying

Pipe management is the business problem we are solving with datahug. It's very early to talk about quantifiable benefits to our business. We just started using it 3 weeks ago. But so far, it has made it easier for reps to manage the health of their opportunities and for managers to have a good health check of the entire pipeline.

Datahug review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great UI, awesome Customer Service"

What do you like best?

They continuously provide great releases of the product and listen to customer feedback.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have more filtering options for the views, and save preferred views for each user.

Datahug allows us to forecast accurately for our specific needs.

Datahug review by Alexey O.
Alexey O.

"Datahug unlocks connections"

What do you like best?

Datahug helps us to understand the health of the relationship with our partners.

What do you dislike?

Maintaining the integration with Salesforce as the new validation rules on Lead, Contact, Opportunity or Account objects can result in sync errors.

Datahug helps us to build better relationships with our partners.

Datahug review by User in Computer Software

"Datahug is a SFDC plug in I use for sales forecasting"

What do you like best?

Remembering my last forecast entry to make the following week easier

What do you dislike?

Learning curve to use, still don't know all features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect to be fully ramped into this system quickly

Forecasting with historical record over time to improve accuracy

Datahug review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"I love using Datahug as an inside sales rep"

What do you like best?

It shows you who is connected to who within your target accounts, so you can better manage customers & prospect into accounts.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike with datahug.

I am more informed with who my organization has worked with at accounts that are new to me. As a sales rep knowing who has engaged with our company, when they last engaged, and how often we've emailed with them is critical to know, especially when selling to large enterprise accounts.

Datahug review by Justin P.
Justin P.

"DataHug - everyone likes hugs and data!"

What do you like best?

DataHug gives a pretty great, at a glance view into the "health" of an opportunity. All too often I see opportunities fall through the cracks. When used well, DataHug can help prevent this.

What do you dislike?

The activities aren't actually logged in SFDC, but we have other tools that do that for us.

It has definitely helped in pipeline management. The biggest challenge is getting leadership to actually use it, but when we do it definitely seems to make a difference.

Administrator in Internet

"Really great momentum product for pipelines"

What do you like best?

Datahug brings into SFDC contacts that you communicate with often but aren't associated to the opportunity in SFDC as of yet. It is a great time saving tool, but also allows an individual to have a better idea of the contacts involved in an opportunity.

What do you dislike?

You have to create your own workflow for the tool. There isn't a set way to use the information. Making the information much more operational would help increase adoption.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build a workflow to incorporate the data in your day to day.

We are trying to understand which opportunities are likely to close in the pipeline and which opps need more help.

Datahug review by User in Internet

"Easy to Use Sales Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Datahug puts all the information I need to manage my team and my business in one place. It is intuitive and allows me to do a quick analysis on the business without running complex reports.

What do you dislike?

I wish I can group the business by product type or sales teams by just clicking on these elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the training and unleash the full potential.

Easy forecasting and business management. Speed in closing business.

Datahug review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Data Hug Review"

What do you like best?

The tracking ability. Prompting to set meeting is nice feature

What do you dislike?

Some of the analytics are confusing. Navigation can be difficult.

Opportunity tracking and forecasting

"Datahug"

What do you like best?

Deal Score, this is crucial to our team.

What do you dislike?

The fact that contacts aren't automatically pulled in to opportunities

Tracking engagement, datahug is an essential piece to this

Learn more about Datahug

Datahug Videos

Learning about Datahug?

* We monitor all Datahug reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.