Datanyze

Datanyze

Data and Intelligence provider for Technology Companies.

Work for Datanyze?

Learning about Datanyze?

Datanyze Reviews

Showing 372 Datanyze reviews
Datanyze review by Ofir B.
Ofir B.

"The easiest way to gain Technology Insights!"

What do you like best?

I like the option to set up a tag that Indicates when websites are currently in our Salesforce or are using a specific piece of technology we are interested in. Also, it was super easy to get started with Datanyze. The onboarding experience was superb.

What do you dislike?

I wish they could also share technologies from internal applications (i.e behind a login screen). There are many technologies, that are implemented behind the login screen for internal applications like Salesforce, SuccessFactors, Workday, etc that we aren't able to identify with Datanyze - So in the future, I would really like to have that kind of information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest some time in figuring out exactly how would a successful relationship with Datanyze look like, what are your business goals and what are you looking to achieve with Datanyze.

We use Datanyze mainly for data enrichment and for creating unique profiles for "Golden Prospects" that are using complementary tools to our platform and that would benefit from using our software alongside their existing product stack.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Datanyze
Datanyze review by Felipe C.
Felipe C.

"One of the best tools for market research"

What do you like best?

I like the information on technology they provide right in their Chrome Extension. Being able to send contacts they find from the website url to Salesforce is also awesome to send the sales team qualified people.

What do you dislike?

I think it's a bit confusing to navigate within the app. As I use their Chrome Extension regularly and I don't access my account often, sometimes I find myself wondering around to find the information I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The first thing you should do is install their Chrome Extension. I hardly access my account directly on their website. The Chrome Extension is really powerful.

As I worked with marketing technology I used to do some market research on prospects interested in our solution. Being able to access their website and have an overview of the technology their using, gave me the right context once I jumped in calls or demos with them. Specially when I knew they were using one of our competitors. I was able to antecipate some common objections I knew it would appear during our calls/demos.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Datanyze review by Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.

"Great insight into accounts"

What do you like best?

I use the Chrome plugin to quickly see what technology a company is running on their website. The information that I gain helps me personalize and tailor my message to their business. I also like the email lookup feature. If you do not have a paid email lookup service, this is a good tool to add to your tool belt. I bring this with me to every company that I work for and spread the value with others.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is the fact that in order to get some of the best features I have to pay. Target lists and some of the contact specific selling information is only available on the paid version.

AS noted above, I get to see what competitive or complementary technologies a company has running which allows me to personalize my message to the receiver.

Datanyze review by Russell H.
Russell H.

"Why Datanyze makes my day to day life at work easier."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Datanyze is how easy it is to target specific types of prospects. I am able to do a wide search of all verticals or I can easily narrow that down and get more targeted. I also like that a lot of the leads and pros[pects found sometimes have contact info.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes I lose the reports that I had searched for before I had a chance to save them. Like if my computer shuts down or something. Its not really that bad but I'd say thats the only dislike I have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that if you have a team of SDR's and you are trying to have them be as efficient as possible when it comes to their sourcing/ prospecting they should one hundred percent be using datanyze. It is a very powerful tool and it easily syncs with salesforce. I am able to source hundreds of new people a day and some of them even have contact info. I highly recommend this to all sales teams.

I am solving the divide between manual prospecting and salesforce. by being able to push leads directly into sf from datanyze, I am making finding more qualified prospects in a timely fashion.

Datanyze review by Kerry (Doc) D.
Kerry (Doc) D.

"I use datanyze every day, I love this tool"

What do you like best?

I use Datanyze every day as a sales rep. Our company bought a subscription to the tool and made it available as a data-verification/sourcing tool. I use the list building tool to find good fit companies to prospect and the alerts tool to see who has recently added a software to their site.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. I like the features and for what I use it for it's perfect. I suppose if there was a better filtering logic to find companies in my territory that would be grat, but I am picking nits because I really like the filtering anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

set up alerts for your territory. You can use zip codes to delineate the territory you're in and you can set up alerts that show up in your email daily showing when compnanies add or drop technologies from their website.

Sourcing, Prospecting, data verification. Our platform works really well with companies that fit a certain profile and those companies often use certain technologies. Datanize provides those technologies that companies are using and gives them to me so I can filter the highest priority companies to call on.

Datanyze review by Mike W.
Mike W.

"The best source of technographic data on the web"

What do you like best?

We are able to very quickly and accurately generate target sales lists from technographic data using Datanyze as a starting point.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a better or easier way to find target people at target companies utilizing a specific technology. I'd also like to see the technology I'm searching for show up in the export (i.e. if I am looking for companies that use Greenhouse, iCIMS, Jobvite, or Taleo, I want to see that in a field in the export so I can personalize campaigns).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a product that relies on target companies using a specific web based technology, Datanyze is a must-have in your sales stack.

The clear cut business problem is identifying target companies for our platform. It is a step in our sales process that at this point is irreplaceable.

Datanyze review by Jason G.
Jason G.

"Datanyze has the potential to be the all-in-one solution we've been looking for"

What do you like best?

The chrome extension, salesforce integration, and customer service. The chrome extension allows sales and marketing to create accounts and contacts in seconds. Datanyze removes all tedious manually entry for accounts and contacts. As a marketer I love using the tags for a variety of use cases. When I come back from a tradeshow with a mix bag of leads from existing accounts and contacts, and net new accounts and contacts, datanyze is able to do that matching for me in seconds...its not perfect, but it has significantly cut the down the time for doing any post show matching / new account and contact creation.

What do you dislike?

As an Admin it should be easier to setup the settings for each of my users, I wish there was an option to make a "default user" which has all the settings saved in place, and then I just assign the seat license. I've been working with Datanyze for almost a year now, the contact adding piece is super simple, but the quality of contacts was real poor. Datanyze has made adjustments to control the confidence level in the contacts you see/export, which is a little better....We just got started with Datanyze's "Premium Contacts" feature, this was MUST for Datanyze so happy to see they've taken steps to improve that aspect of their product...I can't comment on the overall quality yet of premium contacts still forming that opinion. I wish there was an ability to customize the revenue and employee bands datanyze use, their bands don't align with our qualifications so thats a huge challenge. When you do create a new contact through the chrome extension, I don't understand why you still have to search for the account to tie the newly created contact to...?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Datanyze should never be looked at as a contacting adding tool. Datanyze should be looked at the tool to find the right prospects based on technograhpic data.

Firmographic and technographic data for accounts, also enrichment of existing account firmographic and technographic data. We've started to lean on datanyze more and more for contact adding. As a market its started to do more and more of the heavy lifting when it comes to matching against our database.

Datanyze review by Lacey G.
Lacey G.

"Best Tech Stack Prep"

What do you like best?

I love that one can see, not only current tech stacks but also previous ones in cases where coding is still on the website.

What do you dislike?

I cant really think of anything at this time

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Datanyze to anyone who, from a services level, needs to know what technology stacks their prospect is using as well as to help them understand what is being underutilized versus those that are working well. It has excellent relevance when it comes to marketing automation technology and CRM (where the CRM has a web application - ie, can receive form fills/ web-to-lead, etc). I have used Datanyze for over a year and there have been frequent improvements . I have had others on my team download and use it from what success I have found.

I use Datanyze to understand what kind of marketing automation and CRM applications are being used and can identify good candidates for our professional services.

Datanyze review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Marketing/Prospect research made easy"

What do you like best?

The extension is filled with useful information, even on a free/demo plan there's a lot of value at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into too much to dislike. I used to have to manually pull content but they continue to build out CRM integrations to help make things simpler. If you use Salesforce or Marketo or Hubspot you'll be fine.

I primarily use it for competitor and customer research. Being able to understand what technologies a customer is using as well as being able to get a quick view of how a competitor is marketing there content online are both primary use cases for me. I can quickly survey the marketing landscape for a product and adapt or I can quickly get a feel for the scale of a potential customer as well as understand the underlying IT tools they use for their organization.

Datanyze review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Easy to use plug-in that doesn't slow browser performance or load times"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see a complete organization overview, technologies in use and some contact information for companies that I'm researching. I like the fact that it's a browser plug-in so I can view data ON the site without needing to open another window.

What do you dislike?

My company serves nonprofits like museums and nature centers, and I find many more organizations whose data isn't in Datanyze yet than I would if I were researching for-profit businesses, especially in contact data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are just getting started with more coordinated research (including competitive research) projects, and Datanyze has been a real boon. As we grow, I look forward to using Datanyze more thoroughly including integration with SalesForce.

With Datanyze we are able to quickly learn general information about organizations (including financial health) as well as what technologies are in place on their web sites without having to LEAVE their web site.

Datanyze review by Jeanette E.
Jeanette E.

"Datanyze - a game changer"

What do you like best?

Datanyze does a great job of finding the installed technologies of our prospects. The ability to filter by revenue ranges, industry, employee count, technologies, etc. is a huge advantage. I was able to create a customized lead scoring model in Salesforce based on the company + technology information received from Datanyze. And the Chrome Extension is super helpful!

What do you dislike?

The email addresses and people finder is a huge advantage but the email bounce rate can be slightly high. I accommodate for that by uploading them into a email validation tool (such as validateemailaddress.org or hunter.io).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend working closely with your account manager. They are a huge benefit and they are very responsive.

A ton! Datanyze is now a one-stop-shop and we can additionally use this to research our competition. The biggest benefit is the ability to find companies which would be interested in working with us because of the technology they use.

Datanyze review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"Datanyze Digs Deep For Intelligence "

What do you like best?

Getting (almost) real-time data on the platforms that my potential customers are using is extraordinarily useful. Without this data, we would be flying blind.

What do you dislike?

Datanyze does not always give accurate information. There are times when companies use the free trial of a software, leave some of the code on their website, and Datanyze counts it as using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you sell into a market that uses a specific software, chances are that you can identify these customers using Datanyze. Knowing who to sell to is half the battle in business and Datanyze can help you with that half.

Datanyze lets us see what platforms companies are using so we can reach out to those companies that our system plays well with.

Datanyze review by Moshe L.
Moshe L.

"Sales intelligence review"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, very straight forward, present the data (insights) I want, when I want it, and the way I need it.

Reporting is great way to get a quick "push" feed of potential companies to approach (e.g. that recently stopped using a certain technology), and the browser add-on is excellent way to get on-the-spot "pull" insight on a the tool-chain used by a lead, while browsing it's website.

What do you dislike?

I still did't get the hang of using the monthly "Market Share" report. Only minor inconvenience, comparing to the daily benefit I get from the product.

Market research in broad, and gathering accurate information on leads in specific.

Datanyze review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use interface with great features for automation"

What do you like best?

Datanyze works great for automating purposes within our database. With Datanyze website technographic scrubber, we are able to track which technologies prospects are using at ease. Their customization features allows users to easily update what information they would like exported from a wide variety of information (revenue, technologies used, # of employees, etc.)

What do you dislike?

We have run into instances where the technographic scrubber is not 100% accurate and the geographical information that it pulls from websites is often wrong; not that reliable. Their feature to find employees for companies is not that comprehensive and is somewhat of a clunky process. Also, they have recently removed some of the exportable fields from their database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on their lead generation tool along with the accuracy of their geographical information

We are able to see which technologies prospects are using determine if they use technologies of our partners or competitors. Their export feature allows for a quick CSV file to be downloaded for certain criteria to bump up against a users database, great for finding net new websites.

Datanyze review by Scott A.
Scott A.

"Need To Know What Is Being Used Before You Call?"

What do you like best?

It allows me to quickly see what is being used from a technology standpoint. I can plan my meeting out in advance, and if needed on the fly I can see and speak intelligently about what they are using. It creates a sense of expertise and that I'm not just a flyby sales person

What do you dislike?

Nothing major, minor things at best. Sometimes the interface is clunky, but it takes just a moment to get used to it and orient myself.

Using a tool like Datanyze allows me to quickly see the technologies being used on the website as well as what has been purchased. This allows me to be able to position quickly and speak intelligently to what they are using, is there a fit for my solution, and is there an opportunity to engage before the renewal date of a competitor's product! I have developed strong pipeline as well as closed deals using a tool like Datanyze

Datanyze review by Sean D.
Sean D.

"Great experience with a great product"

What do you like best?

Datanyze is a great company.

1. The product is really good, I think for finding competitive intelligence, it's one of the best. You can quickly run through a series of search queries and see what companies are using your competitors. This is really helpful in the case for the following:

- If you know the average lifecycle of your competitors product is 6 months, you can run a list of companies that have been using that product for 5 months and then quickly get their contact information and then reach out to start the sales process. Brilliant!

2. I really liked my Account Manager, she always responded in a timely fashion. Whenever I had an issue, Paige would get back to me as quickly as possible. Also she would set up time with my team whenever necessary.

What do you dislike?

Losing the hook with LinkedIn (because of LinkedIn) was a little bit of a burden but they showed me 1. A workaround to get back onto LinkedIn 2. How to run in-depth searches within the product (which ended up being even better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to leverage your Account Manager because they provide really good support.

We were able to grab data faster instead of having to hack together email addresses. We could also search websites for competitors to target those accounts - really cool!

Datanyze review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Excellent Service and Technology Platform - Like No Other!"

What do you like best?

We love how Datanyze's software allows us to keep tabs on our competitors. We get a daily report that informs us of activity with other providers in our space. We also use it to monitor our own installs. If we see a client drops our tracking code from their website, it prompts a call. When our onboarding team sees a client adds the code, it gives them peace of mind. Also, really love their Chrome plug-in. It's an essential part of any salesperson's toolbox. Before reaching out, check out a company's technographics. You'll get some good insight to help tailor your discussions.

What do you dislike?

No complaints, these guys are grrrrrreat! There's nothing I would suggest they do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent choice for sales intelligence.

Identifying competitor activity, developing a better understanding of our clients.

Datanyze review by Blake J.
Blake J.

"Great Tool but could be better"

What do you like best?

I love that Datanyze compiles so much information on accounts that you may be looking into. There is usually detailed information for the company size, revenue, funding, contacts, and the technologies that they are using.

What do you dislike?

A lot of times the information in Datanyze for contacts is incorrect or outdated. You really have to cross reference LinkedIn to ensure that the person listed on Datanyze is still employed at that company. The same thing applies for technologies. There are lots of times when Datanyze is slow to update when a company has removed or added a technology and I have seen this gap be as much as 1 or 2 years.

Marketing & Sales Intelligence

Datanyze review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"The most remarkable and simple way to get in touch with the right people. "

What do you like best?

I loved the connection Datanyze had with LInkedIn Sales Navigator. This tool was responsible for setting up some of my most important meetings. The ability to keep things organized within Salesforce also made for a very happy boss.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how expensive it was. If you didn't use it for a month, it became hard to justify the price. If this was something we used every day non-stop, then it would be 100% worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the budget, and don't want to pay for a company to get the leads for you, I'd highly recommend getting datanyze. I'd definitely recommend making it a daily part of your sales teams to do list.

The problem we were solving was setting up demos with the right people. With the integration with LinkedIn, it would usually give us the right email address, which is a big deal in the game of prospecting and hunting.

Datanyze review by annah s.
annah s.

"prospecting cut in half"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to access sourced data on my accounts in one area! I can look up addresses, find revenue/news updates and basically do most of my research at once. It cuts prospecting time in half essentially.

What do you dislike?

Accuracy is sometimes questionable. would like more timestamps of when the data was last sourced so I can know where to focus my own supplemental search. Sometimes Datanyze email lookup tool goes down (and my entire team freaks out because we use it so much.)

Again just super easy to find info as quick as possible. Even mid-meeting I can pull up a site and have info on the side to bring up and ask questions about. VERY helpful!! I use it every day for each account I research.

Datanyze review by Arielle G.
Arielle G.

"Excellent Solution for Data/Website data scraping!"

What do you like best?

Datanyze has provided crucial data to my job as an SDR. Not only can I get contact information (phone numbers, emails), I can also use the plug in to get information off of websites I'm prospecting to see what technologies they are currently using so I can tailor my outreach!

What do you dislike?

Data is data and no matter the provider you have to make sure your data is correct. The color coordinators on emails in Datanyze helps this!

The ability to quickly gather data for contacts within accounts has sped up sales processes! The entire team uses the plug in to scrape technologies off of websites so we are able to see different technologies being used. The ability to segment inside of the platform can allow you to get very granular with your research.

Datanyze review by Chris V.
Chris V.

"Great for Finding Installed Technologies and appending it to your database"

What do you like best?

Does a great job of finding the installed technologies of your prospects. Also feeds in revenue ranges, employee count, industry, HQ address. We feed this into our Lead Scoring and have used it to build our ICP and to create Target Account Lists.

What do you dislike?

Our CSM left the company and it's been hard to get help on a few more complex questions. A sales person also departed the company during our sales process, so it seems turnover may be a struggle for them.

We have found some of the data to be inaccurate (true headquarter location information). Managing the parent/child relationship between companies is also a challenge. Because Datanyze treats any top level domain as a unique account, often subsidiary companies will be listed with $0 revenue. They do appear to be solid on determining the installed technologies of companies which is the main reason for using this technology.

Historically Datanyze has been poor at finding contact level information. It seems to have gotten a tad better recently but we haven't had a chance to try it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you understand how important understanding the parent/child relationships between accounts is to your business. Datanyze doesn't really have this information.

Developing an ICP, Developing a Target Account List, Appending Account Data in Salesforce, Alerts Regarding Installed Tech, Powering Firmographic Lead Scoring.

Datanyze review by Tony S.
Tony S.

"Awesome product that gives me an ocean of prospecting possibility."

What do you like best?

I love that I can plan and teach my team how to plan. I have the ability to easily and succinctly set up territories. The pipeline growth is sustainable because I have the ability to target by size. The revenue data needs work, but I use Alexa Rank as my proxy for size because our service is based on number of pageviews. So I have ZERO complaints about Datanyze. It has made me a hero in this organization.

What do you dislike?

They got rid of their prospecting tool. That gave me the ability to make Datanyze my one stop-shop. They obviously had an epic battle with LinkedIn. LinkedIn wouldn't even allow a company profile page for Datanyze - talk about Petty. Anyway - I simply moved to another email grabber tool and the accuracy has been better than Datanyze. But what Datanyze does well can't be matched - not by a long shot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If my career at 4-Tell ever goes off the rails, I will try to get a job selling for Datanyze. I could sell that product to anyone - literally anyone. It is AWESOME.

I am finding tens of thousands of businesses and have the ability to sort them the exact way I need. As I build my team, I am able to give them territories. They are able to grow their pipelines accordingly by looking at the size of the businesses they are prospecting. This helps us keep the lead generation pipeline sustainable. I don't hear about many companies that can do that without burning down the same forests repeatedly.

Datanyze review by Vanessa N.
Vanessa N.

"using datanyze on a daily basis "

What do you like best?

The best function for datanyze is the list building capabilities. It also validates emails which is nice. Additionally, you are able to see the type of technologies, such as SDK's, that a publisher or site is currently using. I believe you can also see when they adopt a certain technology and when they drop one.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the accuracy of the email validation. It is not always correct which results in a high bounced rate for emails and raises the chances of my email domain shooting to spam. The technology info for ios is lacking compared to info for apps on the google play store.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this as a list builder. But it works best in conjunction with LeadIQ for email validation.

The biggest issue is the list building capabilities which makes everything very organized. Secondly, email validation for sales prospecting. Also very useful is the technology data for apps AND sites.

Datanyze review by Megan A.
Megan A.

"Needs improvement"

What do you like best?

The report building is easy to use and helpful. Especially for public sharing, downloading to CSV etc.

What do you dislike?

A large amount of the information pulled from datanyze seems outdated or plain incorrect. It was one of the first sales tools we signed on to for list building, contact finding, company information pulling, but we often found other tools to provide more up-to-date information. Still after pulling lists we find ourselves heavily scrubbing through outdated info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the product for what it is today if you're going to buy. If you speak to a sales representative there make sure to have them show you and sell you on what is available - not what is on their roadmap or in Beta. Until the contact/email information is more accurate, this product should be advertised more towards list building/data pulling.

Again, it is helpful for us to pull a large number of companies into a list. We're able to easily divide and conquer these lists much easier.

Datanyze review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"Super insightful, but the freemium model is aggravating"

What do you like best?

I love the Chrome extension. As a salesperson in the eCommerce sector, this makes prospecting infinitely easier. Finding the eCommerce source is excellent, and you can also see which ad and analytical tools they use as well. It also gives an estimate to revenue which is nice as well. Locations is almost there, still a bit wonky as well as the email addresses.

What do you dislike?

It's an extremely useful tool, but as the title states, the freemium model is a death-trap. Hate that it now caps you at 100 uses a month. A use is when you have it inspect the site. 100 flies by way too quickly. Again email addresses and location are a little behind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freemium models are not ideal--commit to one or another.

Inspecting the page code so that I do not have to to understand what eCommerce platform, what the site is hosted on and what tools are being used.

Datanyze review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Datanyze is an excellent tool for inside sales."

What do you like best?

It's easy to install and easy to use right out of the gate. Salesforce integration is smooth as silk and it handles all of the work of parsing out regions.

What do you dislike?

Some of the sites you'll come across won't have any data, a few of which are surprising given their size. However, it's far less than 1%

We use it to source accounts based on the amount of technology and spend Datanyze estimates. We also are organized by region so info on the HQ's location is very useful

Datanyze review by Valentina C.
Valentina C.

"A definite must have!"

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive, easy to use and I can customise every report to show me exactly what I need.

The support is extremely fast and friendly.

What do you dislike?

I think the price is a bit high if you are a small company with a small budget. It is necessary to check very carefully the benefits for all particular cases before purchasing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Book a demo or all you need in order to see if this is the right software for you. They are very helpful and looking to help you find what you need.

I am able to manage my target companies list all in one place and get up to date reports.

I am not using the technologies filters a lot, but there are some others that are very helpful for me.

Being able to get contact names directly as I export a report, is something I haven't seen in any other software.

Datanyze review by Ross M.
Ross M.

"Good starting point"

What do you like best?

It made it easier for us to try to find sales leads before we had a team of SDRs that were helping find and qualify leads.

What do you dislike?

The data quality has not been as good recently as it was when we started. There aren't many people listed at companies where I can find 50+ on LinkedIn

Trying to find leads in our ideal profile without having to manually search and input each lead into our CRM.

Datanyze review by Patrick C.
Patrick C.

"Datanyze provided a great tech stack with filtering options, but lacked in contact information."

What do you like best?

Datanyze provided a complete tech stack of the website we were trying to investigate. A great feature of this was the ability to filter by the date that technology was added and/or dropped. This was helpful because you could estimate when a companies current technology contract was up.

An integration that was very helpful was the Salesforce/Outreach integration from LinkedIn. I used this feature all of the time. It made it extremely efficient to filter through LinkedIn and add contacts to the correct lists I had created.

What do you dislike?

The email bounce rate was consistently around 30%. Also, the user interface was a bit clunky/domain based. For example, Datanyze counted example.com and example.in and example.cn and example.mx as different companies (which they obviously aren't).

Another issue I had was the Outreach integration. Although it was very nice to have this integration, it frequently took too long and did not transfer over correctly.

A minor issue with the LinkedIn plugin was that it sometimes did not remember the list that I had been adding prospects to. This was easily fixed by logging out and in of Datanyze

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Datanyze to those who value a TechStack. That is a robust feature that I've not seen in other data platforms. If you are looking to purely find good fits/prospects based on company and not tech stack, there might be better recommendations (Datafox, Mattermark, etc)

The problems being solved were understanding competitor/lead technologies and Datanyze was helpful for that. From a purely prospecting perspective, Datanyze was lacking.

Datanyze review by User in Internet

"Great UI not so great data "

What do you like best?

The best part about Datanyze is their easy to use interface that makes it very intuitive to start building reports. There is little to no downtime to learn how to use the tool. If you want to find companies that are web based - easily click on the web report. Looking for mobile companies? use the mobile report. Very straight forward. It took no time to train my team how to use.

What do you dislike?

What I truly dislike is the data that comes from Datanyze. I have run in to countless problems ( too many to count) where the info their reports give me is inaccurate, not updated, or so wrong that it confuses me even more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you jump into Datanyze make sure the data they are giving you is exactly what you are looking for. As a company that prospects for mobile first companies this tool did not provide any useful data for us.

We were trying to find a tool that would make it easy for us to build prospecting lists. Instead of manually combing through the app store we thought it would be useful to get a tool that could do all the "hard work" for us. After using Datanzye for a couple of months my whole team went back to the manual app store process.

Datanyze review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Easy, no training necessary, very insightful for sales"

What do you like best?

You can find decision makers, trends, events, etc. If you need some kind of entry point while pursuing a prospect then Datanyze will help, even if it's a conversation starter to warm them to you as a launchpad for your pitch.

What do you dislike?

No free trial of the upgrade as far as I know. Maybe there is...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free version is helpful and worth scanning. Definitely check it out with a few different websites of interest.

Prospecting, Discovery, Impact, Objection handling

"so handy!"

What do you like best?

Chrome plugin is super easy to use and very handy, it provides a bunch of accurate insights without ever leaving the window/tab you're in. Also, has salesforce integration!

What do you dislike?

certain kinds of technology can be listed under different categories. For instance, a content management system can be under CMS or Web Content Management. Since it's alphabetical, it takes a little longer to identify sometimes and technologies can be missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the free plugin first to explore

For me it's really just getting a handle on what CX, CMS, analytics, etc. platforms are in use so I can be more familiar with marketing language and terminology during client conversations.

Datanyze review by Jordon S.
Jordon S.

"Incredible Product"

What do you like best?

The automatic email search is incredible. I also like how a credit isn't charged unless they are positive that the email is correct. The ability to not only find emails, but find company information based on an email is excellent.

What do you dislike?

The LinkedIn Datanyze extension can sometimes be slow. Other than this, there really aren't any downsides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a little bit of a learning curve that comes with Datanyze. With that being said, it would be helpful if someone in the organization already has some knowledge on it so you don't have to rely solely on support for help.

We are doing outbound prospecting throughout the US and the benefits of Datanyze has been immeasurable. The efficiency and preciseness of the tool is remarkable.

From a business standpoint, we are looking to put brands, marketers, and publishers on the same side of the table where they can all make money. We are looking to create a more meaningful web and Datanyze lets us do that.

Datanyze review by Taylor M.
Taylor M.

"Great prospecting and sales tool"

What do you like best?

As an SDR it is very valuable to bring is quality leads. Datanyze insider helps in this area to create tags and filter for specific technologies that a company is using. This helps us build lists quickly and efficiently. Also, timing is everything in sales and Datanyze updates us when someone adds or subtracts a specific software (competitor, or qualifying tool).

What do you dislike?

Overall it is a great product and the bounce rate is not too bad typically around 15-20%. Although, we are always looking for a tool with lower bounce rates. Also, the most frustrating part is probably the phone numbers of the prospects. It is important to get a quality number like their office line or direct line. Datanyze typically only offers the main line to the company or no number at all which leads to jumping through additionaly hoops to get in contact with the prospect.

Since we started using Datanyze we have improved our demo count and quality leads tremendously. The biggest benefits that we have noticed is being able to build strong lists of qualified prospects leading to more SALS and closed opportunities.

Datanyze review by Taylor S.
Taylor S.

"Business Development Rep"

What do you like best?

The speed and accuracy to find a contact! Very easy to use! Also, it tends to be very accurate for the most part

What do you dislike?

Sometimes contacts aren't in the correct role or position with the company. Also, some phone numbers aren't correct. Recently there has been some maintenance issues but that is expected

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware that some contacts might not be in the correct role or company. I never reach the lead threshold, so there isn't much to worry about that. The ease of use has been the key feature with my experience!

Also the ability to key in on specific verticals has been great! You have the ability to look up, size, cost, business type etc to reach those key people!

I have been pleasantly surprised when using this tool! It is my first time using it and it has helped me tremendously when prospecting and finding specific potential clients to go after!

I would recommend this to anyone in the market for finding prospects and cold calling! It is 100% worth is!

Finding the exact contact in the specific role. I can go directly to them instead of going around the loop! Also, I have been able to really narrow down my search and focus on key areas within a single search. The validity comes from being able to lock in on key elements and potential prospect and get the most information that I need!

Datanyze review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Datanyze - Good, Bad, and Problems Solved"

What do you like best?

I like how Datanyze overlays on top of Linkedin. This enables us to isolate the ideal customer profile, whether conducting and advanced company search or isolating leads by title, industry, and size.

What do you dislike?

The lead accuracy seems to be spotty from time to time and when building a lead list fairly quick, Datanyze can seem a bit lethargic at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When conducting a lift and shift from another prospecting tool, understand prospecting tools typically get better with time. i.e. As you use the tool more, they'll notify you if you or someone on your team has previously prospected that individual. Their API capabilities into tools like Salesforce are fairly weak and are in need of improvement if you are looking to check your CRM system prior to new lead import. They have work arounds such as uploading a suppression list to prevent dup's but is still in need of a facelift here.

Lead Gen. Our initial focus was to build out a large database and from there pivot our model to ABS. The way Datanyze provides us the flexibility to run multiple styles of Sales Development within the tool.

Datanyze review by Keith J.
Keith J.

"Fantastic Product & Solution"

What do you like best?

Datanyze is a simplistic yet impactful tool. It's clean user interface and ease on installation with their google chrome plugin make one of the easy technology adoptions a team can face. They're ability to provide insight into your prospects and customers in real-time is nothing short of invaluable. I also have immense respect for their go to market strategy.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have with Datanyze has to do with the dates they attribute to the different pieces of web code that reveal which technologies a company is employing. For example if a company were to redesign their website or utilize a free trial of a solution those dates of when the code was found on that particular site may not as accurate as one would hope. However as a sales professional this is easily handled with a strategic sales cycle and discovery process.

To be able to identify who is using our competitors in near real time is nothing short of game changing. Our BDR team also use datanyze to identify the best contacts at any given account.

Datanyze review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Prospecting Made Easy! "

What do you like best?

I love that I can create lists and keep track of who I'm reaching out to. I can collect leads from LinkedIn in large quantities, pass them into Datanyze to find emails, them send them straight to Salesforce- ready for outreach. The integration is pretty seamless.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Datanyze, I guess company size and headquarters aren't always that accurate. I find myself having to double check with LinkedIn and Google.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying it out! See if it works with your prospecting flow and give it a shot. I know that I didn't think much of it until I actually started using it. Take advantage of the lists and ability to mass import. Also, utilize your account executive to create custom preferences and filters.

Datanyze has helped us mass populate emails for our contacts, has cut down on my prospecting time by doing the heaving lifting of integrating into Salesforce, AND they've helped us design a filter in order to identify companies with key websites that are critical for our outreach.

Thanks Datanyze!

Datanyze review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"The best email data tool available"

What do you like best?

Excellent email quality, with phenomenal information about our target profile of customers. I love that we have insight into the tools that our prospects are using on their website so that we can target appropriately.

The seamless bi-lateral sync is salesforce is an absolute dream! I never have to worry about updating salesforce the latest information on my accounts.. amazing!

What do you dislike?

They don't have a very comprehensive list of companies in their system quite yet, especially when doing a search for companies within a specific industry. Their company lists are user sourced, so I imagine that as the tool gets more popular, this will get better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to use the bilateral sync with SalesForce, make sure you have someone on your team who understands how to administer salesforce, create custom fields, sync things up, understands leads vs accounts vs contacts, etc.

Love the alerts advising when a new technology has been added or removed from their site too -- tells us this might be top of mind and so it's time to reach out! The tech-stack history is great too -- allowing me to identify when a particular tool was added, so I can make a estimated guess on when their renewals will be coming up.. and when they might be evaluating other tools.

The funding, revenue and employee count data is also great so I don't have to go searching through several resources to collect the data.

Datanyze review by Jon D.
Jon D.

"Must have for sales development teams!"

What do you like best?

- Quickly add prospects to lists from LinkedIn.

- Find out who is using your competitors. They track a ton of technologies (call tracking, marketing automation, CRM, eCommerce, email marketing just to name a few).

- The chrome plugin is awesome. Can set up an alert bubble to display for a specified period of time when you first get to the site (shows various technologies a company is using).

- Easy export to Salesforce. All you have to do is click the cloud icon.

- The data is spot on. Very rarely do I have to go out and find an email or phone number. Datanyze gets it right the first time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at this point. The tool is fantastic!

- Building accurate prospect lists. No need to throw money away on purchased lists, build them yourself!

- Saves a ton of time.

- Works and integrates with everything a sales rep needs (LinkedIn and Salesforce). They also integrate with a bunch of other tools (HubSpot, PersistIQ, Close.io, Outreach, SalesLoft), however I do not have any experience with these.

Datanyze review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"Great source of data especially for USA data"

What do you like best?

Datanyze is an easy to use and effective tool for both sales and marketing teams across any size of business. The fact that your search is limited to the number of users on linkedin is just amazing!

Another great feature is that you are able to see who is using any type of software, having the ability to request specific software to search is a great feature and they do it in a timely manner too.

What do you dislike?

As Datanyze are new to the UK, although they have a lot of data, the emails are slightly restricted and i find that only around 1/3 are highlighted as green/correct, the others are guesses at the email address.. this is poor for me as I am in marketing and require the emails, although not an issue for sales as they use the name and company number which is all correct for the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certainly the best data provider I have encountered with a great team of friendly and useful consultants. They have always helped when we needed and the fact that they have access to all types of software and which companies are using it is amazing for working out which prospects are using which competitor.

They offer a trial so you would be mad not to go with these in the first instance.

There is a difficulty with getting correct, up to date data nowadays, many businesses are selling out of date and bodged email data, but datanyze makes you feel comfortable with their product as their records are as up to date as the users linkedin profile is.

Datanyze review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Datanyze changed the game"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to target companies that are in an ideal position to evaluate our services. The datanyze dashboard and plugin makes that a breeze. The data collected from the websites regarding any current and past used technology, as well as dates for changes, is highly accurate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the prospect data accuracy is a bit iffy, and the integration with LinkedIn is not perfect. When I pull leads in to SFDC often times I need to append the info (such as phone & email) with another data source. It would be nice if the data set in datanyze was more complete, or integrated with another data provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a secondary source of Data. While Datanyze is a fantastic tool, the data provided isn't always complete, so it has helped me get more out of the tool to be able to cross reference another source.

I have been able to create strategically targeted lists of ideal accounts to target based on the information I have found with datanyze, and pulling them into my CRM was simple. It takes minimal effort to learn and see results with this tool, and I've still only scratched the surface of what it is capable of. I will be recommending Datanyze to any sales professional.

Datanyze review by Joshua D.
Joshua D.

"Good data, pretty slick tool, room for improvement. "

What do you like best?

The ability to see what technology companies are using along with when they started or stopped using it is very valuable.

Their email finding tool is pretty good, and does ok on accuracy. For an automated tool it does very well.

What do you dislike?

You only get charged for each email you pull, and they refund credits if they email bounces, but the only way to report a bounced email is to manually click the flag on each prospect and type out the reason why you are reporting. That takes WAY TOO long for a list of any good size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. The reps and support guys are great to work with. And you can see quite quickly if the data and emails you are getting work for your process.

You also need a way to make sure you are not duplicating your leads. If you have several people going after the same markets, you could easily duplicate leads in SF. Datanyze does a good job showing you if you have already imported someone, but it is a little harder to see if a lead is part of multiple lists.

Datanyze lets us find leads which would be interested in our solution because of the technology they use. For example if we integrate with Google Docs, we can find companies using Google Docs and we can craft a message to provide them the most value. It helps create warmer leads.

Datanyze review by Heidi P.
Heidi P.

"Datanyze Pros and Cons"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Datanyze has link-ins with salesforce which saves me a lot of time when I find new leads and contacts. I find it advantageous to be able to look up company info that I might not otherwise have had access to, such as contact names and emails.

What do you dislike?

Ease of use when looking for new leads, you need to spend a little bit of time playing around with it to really get it down to a science.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Datanyze is the right company to work with when looking for leads and finding out important business info.

This goes back to finding those contact names due to being in a partnership with Linkedin. I have been able to find some great contact names and emails because of this fact which helps me work right past the gatekeepers and hone in directly on the decision maker of the site.

Datanyze review by User in Internet

"Strategize and research before you call"

What do you like best?

Within one side window, I can get insights into what tech tools companies are using on their website. A great tool to understand how qualified targeted accounts are from a simple web visit. I like how it also has quick links allowing me to hop from social media channel to crunch base overviews.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say that it is 100% accurate with capturing every tool a company is using on their website (like Salesforce or an expired automation tool). But with that said, it captures enough to start a quality conversation and show that I did some homework.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to get the converstation started before hopping on the phone and talking with prospects. That way your prepared for any objections, similar use of tools, and pain point digging.

Targeting qualified accounts based off of the tech we see on company websites. We're now able to craft the conversation around the tools companies use and are better prepared to approach objection handling.

Datanyze review by Zachary S.
Zachary S.

"Lovely"

What do you like best?

Easy to find companies using Google Apps and O365 (My prospects)

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Solution is very straightforward and intuitive. I would keep the same UI friendly interface and keep doing what you are doing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep it up!! (Maybe find more ways to identify companies on O365 or Google Apps)

Finding companies who use O365 or Google Apps so that I can introduce them to our Google Apps or O365 backup solution

Datanyze review by Ruben T.
Ruben T.

"Best data vendor for business technographics"

What do you like best?

- most comprehensive and accurate database for business/domain technographics

- account alerts

- smart targeting reports / filtering

- ability to export data

- ability to update SFDC records with target technologies in real time using integration

What do you dislike?

- firmographic information is ok but not the strongest

- contact level data is negligible

- TAM sizing (how businesses with an established email marketing platform, ecommerce platform(s), etc. in NA, segmented by revenue bands and technology spend)

- Technology and geo based territory creation

- Realtime updates of SFDC accounts with relevant ecosystem technologies to develop priority rankings

Datanyze review by Brandon S. S.
Brandon S. S.

"Great information and improving interface"

What do you like best?

The data I am able to acquire is very useful and the alerts every day are awesome. This allows me to be on top of things daily.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't always user-friendly and I wish there was more I could do with the alerts. I can only have 1 alert so it doesn't allow me to play with filters too much. The email finder is not great and times out often.

This allows us to find out about new potential customers and keep an eye on the competition.

Datanyze review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Lengthy Process, Good Payoff"

What do you like best?

The ability to find leads based on analysis of their data stack is great. It is awesome to be able to produce lists segmented based on dropped/recently added technologies. It is also great to be able to pull up people and find their email/contact info within those companies. Using this, you can create targeted lists to drop directly into salesforce and/or the marketing automation program of your choice.

What do you dislike?

The process can be lengthy... Going through a list of 1,000 or more potential leads, going to the "people" tab, selecting potential leads, revealing their email, and adding them to a predetermined list can be a pain. Especially for those businesses who don't have several hours of free time to build these lists, it can get tedious. The best shortcut I've found is using a keystroke to open about 10-20 businesses in new tabs, checking for people and using another keystroke to close the tab if nothing is found. This has cut the process time in half, but still can take several hours at least, depending on list size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready to grind away at the computer for a few hours. You can create awesome segmented lists but you have to work for it!

We've used this service to selectively target those who have dropped or picked up services we consult for. This is definitely a cool benefit, despite the time consuming process.

"Glitchy "

What do you like best?

Their new feature to locating people within the company is great when the information is populated. I like that you can create multiple lists and have the leads pushed into salesforce or outreach directly. the verified email functionality is great as well. the sales intelligence side is okay however we do use other programs in addition to Datanyze for sales intelligence.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how glitchy the program is. it will constantly have issues with refreshing or adding emails. the list builder functionality currently does not work with the new linkedin user interface upgrade. also, when trying to make edits to a lead- the new email will not save or it won't allow you to change it at all despite the fact that datanyze might have the incorrect address. Also, sometimes the refresh is terribly slow. the email search function might take quite some time and when you click refresh a few times it will finally show a valid email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For lead generation and hunting for emails it is quite useful. However, the system will constantly go down and you will lose a hour or more of productivity when it goes down. the social media and company integration is pretty useful in researching the company.

this is used primarily for lead generation. we use it to find emails and later export to salesforce and outreach. the benefits is that it gives us a higher chance of finding a valid email than just an individual searching alone.

Datanyze review by Osama A.
Osama A.

"CRM and Marketing Operations Manager"

What do you like best?

Ability to have account level data populate in salesforce in an automated fashion and the power of running nurture campaigns based on that information is huge. It's a core necessity right at the heart of our marketing and sales activities, be it prospecting, running lead based or account based marketing, we lean on Datanyze for it all.

What do you dislike?

Tighter integration with Salesforce and Marketing Automation Platforms.

Datanyze is at the centre of our program pertaining to database cleansing, identifying accounts, segmentation, prospecting and running lead based as well as account based marketing programs. Quick and effective segmentation, data accuracy and tech stack identification has helped us immensely in terms of honing in on our ideal customer profile.

Datanyze review by User

"Good but definitely needs more features to make it more efficient."

What do you like best?

-Helps me find thousands of businesses that fit into our target market. Also, since it connects using LinkedIn information, it helps me narrow down to the decision makers so that I can target the right person.

What do you dislike?

To be fair, I started using it not too long ago and don't use it very often. I mostly use it to find ecommerce stores that fall into a certain categories. Once I do, it connects me to all their Linkedin profiles, but often, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of profiles. Unfortunately, this is where it takes a long time to export the information. I can only select and export one page at a time. So if there are 20 pages of Linkedin profiles, I have to repeat the same step 20 times. There is no one-time mass export option.

-Find businesses that fall into certain ranges and target them using different marketing tools that are appropriate for that category.

-Find contact information of the decision-makers of each company

Datanyze review by Edward H.
Edward H.

"Minor teething problems, great product."

What do you like best?

The fact that Datanyze allows the user to create lists of contacts that can be extremely granular or conversely, extremely wide. Also, the alerts function has been invaluable; I've up the system to alert me when software is added or dropped which is invaluable information.

What do you dislike?

Making large lists is difficult and pretty time consuming. Lists don't happen at the push of a button. Often it means clicking through a number of pages to get the right contacts.

Also, the software is quite new to the UK so it doesn't work as well as it does for the US.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with the Datanyze team, they're extremely helpful and have a bank of suggestions to make the most out of the product.

We've managed to target prospects that would have remained unfound to us without Datanyze.

Datanyze review by Sam T.
Sam T.

"Good for very specific needs, otherwise there is probably better options"

What do you like best?

You are able to build lists of companies that meet certain criteria. It shows data a lot of it's competitors do not provide (Alexa rank, etc.). You can scrape other sources and upload the list to Datanyze to populate.

What do you dislike?

The email generator feature is basically garbage, and there seems to be no logic for the emails they charge you credits for and the ones they do not. Some very annoying user experience issues (I will get locked out of my account if I sign in from my home computer after leaving work).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would look at other options before purchasing.

Sales prospecting, Data entry, Database management.

Datanyze review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Datanyze - Great prospecting tool for BDR's/SDR's"

What do you like best?

Current Tech

Alexa Rank

Summary

Employee Count

What do you dislike?

No real cons

Sometimes contacts aren't up to date

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're selling in the Saas space it's a powerful tool. Makes prospecting much quicker.

I'm prospecting to build a sales funnel. I'm able to understand if there is a competitor in place along with add/drop dates to time or tailor my outreach.

Datanyze review by Craig D.
Craig D.

"Nobody love a data dump"

What do you like best?

It definitely has a robust amount of data. So if it's a ton of information you want to sift through, this would be a good fit for you.

What do you dislike?

The data that you do get is pretty much unverified. SO may old disconnected numbers. Even id the info they have is valid, it's usually just the main number, so you are not going to be getting anything you couldn't find in the yellow pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do your own sourcing. It will be a lot easier and you know the information you have is at least someone good.

Getting contacts to reach out to for sales calls.

Datanyze review by Ryan H.
Ryan H.

"Golden Data"

What do you like best?

Datanyze provides data within several weeks of us identifying a specific new technology we would like to be tracked.

What do you dislike?

Datanyze does not currently append SIC code to their database.

We can target marketing campaigns to specific companies (and people at those companies) with a specific message about how we fit into their business process by knowing which technologies they already use.

Datanyze review by Erica M.
Erica M.
View Original

"Easy to use and great information!"

What do you like best?

Insights to all the tools prospects use!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes info won't pull about the company or is not completely up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in software sales you need it.

I am gathering information about my prospects and aggregating all their technology and technology spend in 1 centralized location.

It allows me to have more education and customized conversations.

Datanyze review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great Technology Profiler, expensive to use as a Prospecting tool"

What do you like best?

The technology profiler is the best-in-class. However even then its accuracy is less than 95% (eyeball test).

The ability to have pop-up notifications when prospecting companies using a particular technology, like Salesforce.com, is a great help and aides in the prospecting of new accounts for business development.

What do you dislike?

The price to use the prospecting tool. Not really a knock on their functionality, but the ability to create a lead and gather information in a few clicks seems overvalued since the prospect may not be a fit, and the contact information is generally available for free through numerous other sources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free tool, and get your company to expense the paid-for portion if possible. Most bootstrapping companies, and even well-funded startups, spend money in the wrong areas instead of a pure lead generation tool like Datanyze.

I am solving for net new lead generation, and identify prospect accounts using technologies that signal "we are a fit" for their team and initiatives. The popup notifications that let you know they are using Marketo and Salesforce.com is invaluable and adds agility to my workflow.

Datanyze review by User in Internet

"I like datanyze, it is a useful too, easy to use and provides a ton of information within seconds. "

What do you like best?

I like pulling reports from datanyze. It is awesome how specific you can get in the reports to really get a list of accounts that you are exactly looking for.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some of the information is not always correct. I know that there is a lot of information so it is normal to have some false information in the mix. But i wish I came across false information less often.

I am educating myself about accounts that i am prospecting so I have useful information to get their attention and help improve their network infrastructure performance, security, and operational efficiency.

Datanyze review by User

"Easy to use, very functional"

What do you like best?

I use it often for work, on a daily basis. I like the chrome plug in and I love the ability I have to source new prospects based on certain criteria.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike, it's useful for what I need. The ability to segment your search based on industry and country, however, doesn't usually seem to be very accurate.

It helps us to find prospects that are brand new to a certain web platform, as well as people who have been on there for awhile and are untapped. It's a great kicking off point for sourcing new prospects.

Datanyze review by Marianna C.
Marianna C.

"From the point of view of an inside sales person"

What do you like best?

It's user-friendly, it gives you all the information that you need regarding the technologies used by a certain company

What do you dislike?

there are a lot of information and personally I don't need them all

I'm able to see if my prospects are already using the technology that I'm selling and from which competitor.

I use it to prospects and get insights before cold colling

Datanyze review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Good for Technology. Not great for Contacts."

What do you like best?

It captures a broad range of technologies. Straightforward UI and reporting/exporting of data.

What do you dislike?

They've made a lot of changes to the platform recently. The "People" feature has been pay-gated where before there was a certain base level included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. Determine if technographics or contacts is more important to you unless you're willing to pay for both from the same tool.

Datanyze helps identify technographics and other firmographic data of companies online.

Datanyze review by Consultant

"Know everything you need to know going into a sales call in 10 seconds"

What do you like best?

You can quickly look at a site and know what that company is using for software super quickly.

What do you dislike?

It is not always the accurate, sometimes a site may just have a tracking code from a system but they arent necessarily using that system anymore, so do not assume they are using a certain system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really easy to use and useful, I would use it daily but dont always relay on everything it tells you.

Being able to speak to competitors and knowing whether they are using our competitors or our partners.

Datanyze review by Firat B.
Firat B.

"Datanyze User Review"

What do you like best?

It's a very effective tool to find lead's emails not only the US and Europe but all over the world. You can collect leads from LinkedIn by just one click. This is one of the most satisfying feature for me. Also Datanyze's plugin enables you too analyze the technologies used in a specific website or application. I think it's cool and better then it's competitors.

What do you dislike?

I've experienced down times often recently. Although it doesn't take long time they should be more agile on their incident response. I suggest them OpsGenie to decrease the main time to response to incidents.

Provided us good amount of lead's contact information and easy to use one click adding from LinkedIn enabled us to save huge time in lead generation process.

Datanyze review by Keith K.
Keith K.

"Datanyze combines the best of multiple tools and wraps into one"

What do you like best?

The tech targeting - if I am following sites that use AWS then I can present an add on tool like cost management

Prospecting - the chrome extension is clean, fast and easy to pull the right data at the right time

Company research - this is key to personalize your outreach by always being aware of news or funding or product releases

What do you dislike?

Cost is a little bit higher than I would have anticipated. I think having a lower tier to prove ROI would be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Single source for a variety of tools you already use. So make sure you are judging what the platform can replace with other SaaS products you are paying for (or individual reps are expensing).

Company research

Prospecting

Targeting technology

I've been using in a trial basis so benefits aren't measurable but having the full solution with sfdc integration would pay for itself many many times over.

Datanyze review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"Datanyze"

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly find the revenue and size of a company. I use this data to create lists of potential companies to offer my services to. I like that the interface is quick and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the revenue ranges are sometimes wrong and off by many multiples. I dislike that some of the sofware used are not there and missing data.

I solve the problem of fresh and up to date data on lead companies.

Datanyze review by User in Internet

"Easy way to know your prospective company's tech"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to just plug a domain and get an idea of the different technologies an organization is using, with a high degree of confidence (you can even see how they did it). Additionally, it's relatively easy to upload a list of all the companies in your territory and see what are the top technologies in your territories are.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see in addition to people's contacts, their hierarchy in the organization. This is typically a great feature I've seen in some services that do similar things.

Helps me refine my prospecting by targeting accounts and talk to them about technologies that I know they have, and that helps me position the my own product suite instead of sending them a generic or poorly targeted message.

Datanyze review by Shaun G.
Shaun G.

"Great Start! - Needs some improvement."

What do you like best?

I appreciate the convenience of having a wide array of functionality in one website. E-mail validation, deduping, List Building and prospecting altogether without having to signin to different account is a blessing. CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! - Rafa is really great at providing customer support and addressing concerns as quickly as he is available!

What do you dislike?

I think email validation/finder isn't very accurate at the moment - it seems that improvements are to be implemented. Can't wait to try these out!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, they're just starting and can only get better with time!

We are trying to cut the time spent taking lead info through different deduping and formatting data. So far so good, though the quality of the emails haven't been so good.

Datanyze review by Andy S.
Andy S.

"Best insights I've discovered for prospecting"

What do you like best?

Great chrome interface that usually my sole tool for evaluating company/firmograhic/technographic fit

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far stands out, other than in some cases there have been differences between the data provided and the actual customer data (forgivable)

Better account insights so I can understand their customer profile and sell accordingly

Datanyze review by Shaju K.
Shaju K.

"Best tool for sales lead prospecting"

What do you like best?

I use Datanyze to find additional information about my prospects and accounts. The best thing about Datanyze is the technographic look up and the company overview.

What do you dislike?

Lack of frequent updates on the data and some prominent companies not listed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommend for anyone working in sales.

Sales prospecting

Datanyze review by Kathleen D.
Kathleen D.

"Great tool every sales person should have"

What do you like best?

Gives you insight into their tool spend and depth of team. Also gives talking points around Alexa rank and conversation starters

What do you dislike?

Not always 100% accurate and can take some time to load

Knowing the context for a company's marketing strategy, talking points for tools they have, talking points for the effectiveness of their SEO

Datanyze review by User in Internet

"Datanyze is an everyday tool for me but it has a lot of bugs."

What do you like best?

I like that Datanyze has a plug in that connects me with prospects through linkedin. This has been very helpful for work. Datanyze support team is very responsive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we do not get updated on Datanyze system updates which leads to multiple days of the program crashing and unusable. The new features have been glitchy and will not update emails accordingly. I also was logged out of datanyze multiple times because of a bug with the program kicking me out of using my account. I also requested a food & drink category for reports to be added but have not heard back.

I am solving collecting prospects and generating a pipeline through email validation. Datanyze helps make this process easier especially with collecting reports through google play.

Datanyze review by Felipe B.
Felipe B.

"Very useful tool for daily use"

What do you like best?

I like how we can get insights about companies, customers and prospects on their technology use and on spending. Also, it also provides some contact information if I want to start a conversation with a customer.

What do you dislike?

I think some small companies and companies outside US are not shown correctly on the tool. That could be better. Also would be great to have better contact information from people inside companies.

Insights about prospects, subjects to start conversation, understand business size, spending on technology.

Datanyze review by Emily W.
Emily W.

"User for a few months"

What do you like best?

I like the UI that allows me to pull emails from LinkedIn - it works really well. The integration with the email tool we use, Outreach also makes it very efficient in my workflow.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way the prospect lists are organized. You can't sort and filter efficiently. I also haven't seen that the Salesforce integration works that great, though we may still be working on implementing that. The number of verified leads seems to be less than other products I have used. Pulling company lists uses the same filters/searching as LinkedIn. The tech stack information that they pull for alerts doesn't automatically track sub-domains which means that if someone is using something inside their SaaS product, it's not going to let me know. It only tracks tech stack on the main marketing site. You have to go to that site, hit their login button, and then check the datanyze extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a full trial and take advantage of the product to see if it works well in your workflow.

Having a more integrated lead/prospecting tool. It is a huge benefit to have it integrated with Outreach.

Datanyze review by Megan B.
Megan B.

"A Tool I Use Everyday! "

What do you like best?

The best functionality to me and using datanyze is the extension where I can see all of the information about a company with one click! I use this daily in my research and prospecting! :)

What do you dislike?

I dislike when there isn't a contact at all for a website, or the contact information is wrong.

Being able to quickly prospect and learn about a company in real time. Gotten thousands of leads from Datanyze! :)

Datanyze review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"great for Sales"

What do you like best?

the fact that you can get some information about the company that you are researching and it definitely comes in handy with email marketing

What do you dislike?

can be hard to navigate at times if you do not understand what it is you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know how to utilize reporting and analytics then this is a great tool to use

this is great for email marketing. I use it to see if a company may or may not have deliverability issues. Also I use it just to get a general idea of their sending volume.

Datanyze review by Justin H.
Justin H.

"Great, low cost option for outbound "

What do you like best?

As of right now, I only use the prospecting tool. They provide a LinkedIn plugin, very similar to other tools in the industry. If you use LinkedIn to ID your prospects this is a fast, simple, hassle free method to build a list with phone numbers and emails.

What do you dislike?

Getting the correct email can be hit or miss; however, you don't get dinged for a credit unless the email is 100% verified. Also, the numbers are not localized to the individual. For example, if I call Steve who lives in San Francisco and works for ABC Company, I get the number for ABC Company HQ not their local office in San Francisco.

Outbound prospecting

Datanyze review by Amanda R.
Amanda R.

"Can be useful but not a very wide range of companies"

What do you like best?

it can help me find # of employees when its not on zoominfo - can help find contacts.

What do you dislike?

not a very wide range of contacts with companies. works about 50% of the time

Recommendations to others considering the product

zoom info is better but it can be useful.

finding contact emails for companies and seeing how loarge the company is

Datanyze review by User in Computer Software

"Sr. Account Development Manager"

What do you like best?

I really liked the connectivity to Outreach. This made it very easy and quick to quickly find emails and get them in to the funnel. Searching and finding contacts was also very intuitive and easy. It was a very easy tool to get ramped up quickly on.

What do you dislike?

The data just wasn't accurate. Hoovers and Inside View has more accurate corporate data and 75/80 percent of the emails bounced. I would also get 404 errors anytime i tried the Linkedin link. If the both of these issues were resolved this would be an amazing tool to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great lead discovery tool but you have to verify the data. With its connection with Outreach it can be a great tool for getting prospects into the funnel quickly.

I need to be able find more companies and more contacts and get them into the funnel quickly. to be honest with the bounce rates I experienced it was very difficult to realize those goals.

Datanyze review by Kevin H.
Kevin H.

"Great tool for getting leads into Salesforce from LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

Datanyze is a great tool that I use everyday. It allows me to save a list of leads from LinkedIn and then automatically export them to Salesforce. The real mojo behind Datanyze is that when you pull them into a list in Datanyze, they have a pretty good email recognition technology. about 80% of the time it will get the person's email address correct! This is critical information for any lead.

What would be really cool would be if we could get phone numbers from Datanyze as well. We currently use a third party to fill in that information, but as a salesperson, phone numbers are the most important!

What do you dislike?

Datanyze is notoriously slow. If you're checking out a big list of prospects, or trying to export more than 5 leads into Salesforce, it can take a serious amount of time. Sometimes I click a bunch of leads, hit export, and then go to the restroom, go for a walk, get some coffee etc. You have some time while it does it's magic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really good for getting an organized list of leads, but it can be slow sometimes. Great tool overall!

Datanyze allows us to have an organized approach to collecting the hottest leads off of linkedin and bringing them into our marketing automation and CRM. The benefit is the ease of use.

There is also a prospecting tool in Datanyze where you can search for specific companies using specific technologies in specific areas. That is a super valuable component when you get assigned a new territory.

Datanyze review by User in Internet

"Excellent product that creates efficiency. "

What do you like best?

The simple UI and effectiveness of the product is the best part. The UI makes using the product very simple and makes it easy to get the information required. Datanyze information is usually correct and helps get contact information that would otherwise never have been found. It is also very fast in retrieving information which is very important.

What do you dislike?

There are no major issues with datanyze however I guess it would be nice that there is more contact information for sites or companies. Furthermore, it does occasionally happens that the contact information is occasionally incorrect and not up to date. Emails do not get sent to the right people. Other than the contact information being occasionally wrong I have no other issues. I like the UI and overall am very satisfied with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent product that should meet your needs.

Helping to receive contact information and get information about websites/companies.

Datanyze review by Nate G.
Nate G.

"A great tool that misses small details that others catch"

What do you like best?

I like that when I find a big website, I can build a list and find emails/names of people very quickly.

I like that the email validation is very accurate.

When I find the right site, I can get tons of information I didn't even realize I could use. It can help me find new contacts to larger businesses.

What do you dislike?

-Many websites Datanyze doesn't find any info on (smaller retailers)

-The Insider add on isn't very useful, I end up using other add ons to find emails and find out what a site is built with. It could be a nicer layout.

SimilarTech

Wappalyzer

BuiltWith

ContactOut

-Doesn't find phone numbers

-When looking for a specific person, the email search tool falls short. The email search on LinkedIn could be better. ContactOut does simple email finding much more easily than Datanyze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for Outbound, integrates well with Outreach.io and Salesforce.com

Building outbound lists, finding key decision makers emails.

Datanyze review by Tom S.
Tom S.

"Review of Datanyze Tool"

What do you like best?

Datanyze is a great tool for prospecting new clients. I use it a lot to help me create a balanced list of prospects. Building custom reports based on a variety of verticals, competitor products, and Alexa rankings really help me to find new clients that are not being currently worked but have good upside potential and are a good match for my company's technology.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about Datanyze is the fact that sometimes the different tags do not completely match up, i.e an account might say it is "Fair Game" but in reality is actually already owned by another sales rep within the CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely implement this tool as a great way to push for lead generation

The biggest business problems that I'm solving have been prospecting new accounts that are a good fit. in terms of benefits, I have found numerous accounts that were not in our CRM, or being worked currently, that have resulted in large amounts of revenue once a sale has been completed.

Datanyze review by User in Internet

"Great tool to identify addressable market"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface and allows you to quickly see how many companies utilize specific technologies.

What do you dislike?

No city drill down feature. Would be easier to have a city or zip code search with a mile radius option. Having to plug in every possible zip code or know which cities surround a major city in a state you aren’t familiar with less than ideal.

Let’s us know how many companies use a specific technology. Let’s us know which of those are worth partnering with based on their customer base.

Datanyze review by Kris L.
Kris L.

"Prospecting for an Account Based Selling SaaS company"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating accounts lists and exporting data into Outreach and Salesforce.

Viewing accounts and making edits to lists is easy.

The ability to export prospects in an account either individually or in bulk.

The ability to copy/move a prospect from one list is a great feature and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Account lists are not listed alphabetically (they are listed by date of creation). You can search them by the first few letters but it sometimes is time consuming/unreliable.

Population of email addresses for prospects in Datanyze is not always reliable.

Service is not always operating correctly (usually slow or down once/week).

Not being able to un-select a prospect once they've been added to a prospecting list is frustrating. You have to finish creating the list and then select the unwanted prospects and delete them from the account list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integration with other tools like Salesforce, Outreach and the ability to copy and move prospects from one list to another is a great feature.

Prospecting and exporting prospects quickly and consistently in an ABS structure.

Having the export to Outreach button built into Datanyze tool is great.

Being able to choose whether to export prospects directly into Salesforce from the list creation toolbar is a nice feature.

Datanyze review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Data fueled Prospecting"

What do you like best?

The ability to identify companies by the technologies they use in addition to other demographic data (size, revenue, location,etc) first and then dive into LinkedIn to find the best person is huge. I'm able to really make sure my target audience is right for our solution, and communicate how we can add value.

We can now see what other technologies our customers and our total addressable market uses. This has provided us great insights into where we should prioritize time in intergrading with complementary solutions.

Overall Datanyze has given us the data for clear direction in prospecting and product development!

What do you dislike?

Being able to add salesforce fields specific to our process in the upload process would be nice. Nothing a workflow on our end can't fix though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really dive into how uploading domains of your customers and target market can provide insights.

If you're team is entertaining account based prospecting techniques, Datanyze is the tool for that mindset.

Why this person and why this company, are crucial questions that need answered if I am to be successful at reaching our target market. Datanyze gives me this data so I can be compelling and personalized with my outreach.

"Datanyze In-depth Review"

What do you like best?

I like how you can filter by competitors and industries

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn does not show, the revenue ranges are very broad and needs to be narrowed down. The integration with Outreach isnt as seamless as it seems as it would be more beneficial to truly integrate and allow you select the specific e-mail within the sequence and be able to do some personalization while using Datanyze as the ability to pull contacts and build lists that way. Inability to sort on Datanyze.com by anything other than Alexa. Would like to filter by revenue or employee size etc. Information is not very accurate in terms of company HQ

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize this software if you are trying to build lists as a first start, but does lack the qualifications of a truly deep software as the accuracy and ranges are very inaccruate and manipulation on the website instead of a CSV file are tedious.

Business problems is stream lining the process of finding company's industries, alexa etc to go after. I found a method to strategically filter and easily make the process faster in terms of prospecting.

Datanyze review by User in Internet

"Great Product, Wish I had this my whole career."

What do you like best?

It gives a great analysis of the company, from technology to people. It is very easy to use and their customer service is outstanding. I have done a ton of outbound campaigns using this tool to help be go down a list of prospects in a geographic area, add them to a list, then put them into another product to do email campaigns. I do like how they have monthly customer meetings that act like forums where you can share experiences and learn more about different feature sets. There are not a lot of companies that do that so it's good to know. They are integrated with LinkedIn and Salesforce so I can use all of those tools together and make it part of my daily routine as well.

What do you dislike?

Some of the data, specifically the roles of the people are outdated. I do run into issues with the email addresses as well, so I wish they did that better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really dig into the reports, they do great things.

For me it's about being able to look at a company, identify who to speak to, and be able to add them to my SF instance quickly. They provide the tools to quickly identify prospects and contact them.

Datanyze review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Great product, looking forward to additional tools as they grow"

What do you like best?

The Datanyze tool has transformed our Sales Force and prospecting process, the ease of use, simplicity and speed of the software is fantastic. Along with this both their internal sales team and customer service / engineering teams are very fast to respond to any questions or problems you may encounter.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer a higher degree of qualified (Green) leads to come out of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, I am sure you will not be disappointed!

Lead sourcing is a time consuming task, I would say it has freed up at least 50% of our SDR's time and as such we have completely changed our prospecting process to work in-line with the Datanyze tool. We have noticed an increase in qualified clients and in turn this has led to a quicker and more efficient close, I feel that we are ahead of the curve by using this tool - Outside of the internal benefits I have noticed that more SDR's are joining companies that use tried and tested prospecting tools and to say that Datanyze is part of our Sales Stack seems to be more appealing for new recruits.

Datanyze review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Datanyze - best tool i've found so far"

What do you like best?

Datanyze shows us website technologies, particularly Marketing Automation, which helps us identify and target firms that could benefit from our solution. We can search by US State or Zip Code to quickly filter geographic territories and further refine by Employee Headcount. No other tool we've tried so far does this as well as Datanyze.

What do you dislike?

Expensive annual license model, would prefer quarterly or monthly billing. The PEOPLE tab is inconsistent at best -- we can never trust the people still work at the target firm...we'd hoped to reduce our LinkedIn Navigator license costs by getting more of this from Datanyze. So far, that hasn't come to fruition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get a full trial of 1-2 weeks at a minimum to fully evaluate their tools before committing to an annual agreement.

We now have visibility to both competitor and complimentary technologies in use at our target firms. We can scan territories much more quickly and effectively than ever before.

Datanyze review by User in Computer Software

"Datanyze is a good tool for quick prospecting, but it's data missteps make it difficult to use. "

What do you like best?

I like that I can pull lists with such specifications - alexa, employee range, revenue, state, industry, etc. I also like the technology component - this is huge. I can get this data elsewhere but having it as part of the tool streamlines the process.

What do you dislike?

When I pull a list it often misses some of the most important companies in my patch in favor of lower quality companies. It has great info for the very large companies - like people, linkedin, emails, etc. but this is easy to find elsewhere. Where I need datanyze's help is the lesser known but still high revenue companies that I can't find info on LinkedIn, and datanyze doesn't just do a poor job here, but also inaccurate data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that Datanyze's information is not always accurate so be weary. However, with such mass quantities of data, you can't expect it to be right all the time.

At a high level you can say it solves the issue of qualifying accounts using multiple tools and taking too much time. However, I haven't seen overwhelming benefits other than it's a new tool to pull lists from.

Datanyze review by User in Internet

"I cannot prospect without Datanyze"

What do you like best?

Datanyze has done an incredible job of making a name for themselves and establishing their roots in a much needed space. As more sales acceleration tools pop up every day and account based selling becomes this "new" craze, Datanyze provides a solid foundation to easily import and create prospective leads in a variety of environments. (Outreach being the most effective outlet)

What do you dislike?

There are still often bugs and outages since they're new. The Salesforce sync could also use work as it makes duplicate accounts very easily. Better ui for the email guesser and include specific prospect research as well as company

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Just do it.

How do I get correct email addresses?

How do I lower bounce rates?

How can I implement Account Based Selling?

How can I create and export the prospects I want in a simple way?

What research do I have for this prospect?

What does this company's sales stack look like?

Datanyze review by Evan D.
Evan D.

"I use this daily -- fantastic for prospecting / tech analysis"

What do you like best?

The sheer volume and scope included targeting.

What do you dislike?

The credit system process isn't intuitively obvious, so requires additional research in the knowledge hub.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best used as an Account-centric prospecting tool.

- Scraping the web for sites with specific technologies

- Company news

Ideal customer: SaaS B2b

Prospecting based on many criteria.