Datanyze

Data and Intelligence provider for Technology Companies.

Work for Datanyze?

Learning about Datanyze?

Datanyze Reviews

Showing 386 Datanyze reviews
Datanyze review by Ofir B.
Ofir B.

"The easiest way to gain Technology Insights!"

What do you like best?

I like the option to set up a tag that Indicates when websites are currently in our Salesforce or are using a specific piece of technology we are interested in. Also, it was super easy to get started with Datanyze. The onboarding experience was superb.

What do you dislike?

I wish they could also share technologies from internal applications (i.e behind a login screen). There are many technologies, that are implemented behind the login screen for internal applications like Salesforce, SuccessFactors, Workday, etc that we aren't able to identify with Datanyze - So in the future, I would really like to have that kind of information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest some time in figuring out exactly how would a successful relationship with Datanyze look like, what are your business goals and what are you looking to achieve with Datanyze.

We use Datanyze mainly for data enrichment and for creating unique profiles for "Golden Prospects" that are using complementary tools to our platform and that would benefit from using our software alongside their existing product stack.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Datanyze
Datanyze review by Felipe C.
Felipe C.

"One of the best tools for market research"

What do you like best?

I like the information on technology they provide right in their Chrome Extension. Being able to send contacts they find from the website url to Salesforce is also awesome to send the sales team qualified people.

What do you dislike?

I think it's a bit confusing to navigate within the app. As I use their Chrome Extension regularly and I don't access my account often, sometimes I find myself wondering around to find the information I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The first thing you should do is install their Chrome Extension. I hardly access my account directly on their website. The Chrome Extension is really powerful.

As I worked with marketing technology I used to do some market research on prospects interested in our solution. Being able to access their website and have an overview of the technology their using, gave me the right context once I jumped in calls or demos with them. Specially when I knew they were using one of our competitors. I was able to antecipate some common objections I knew it would appear during our calls/demos.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Datanyze review by Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.

"Great insight into accounts"

What do you like best?

I use the Chrome plugin to quickly see what technology a company is running on their website. The information that I gain helps me personalize and tailor my message to their business. I also like the email lookup feature. If you do not have a paid email lookup service, this is a good tool to add to your tool belt. I bring this with me to every company that I work for and spread the value with others.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is the fact that in order to get some of the best features I have to pay. Target lists and some of the contact specific selling information is only available on the paid version.

AS noted above, I get to see what competitive or complementary technologies a company has running which allows me to personalize my message to the receiver.

Datanyze review by Russell H.
Russell H.

"Why Datanyze makes my day to day life at work easier."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Datanyze is how easy it is to target specific types of prospects. I am able to do a wide search of all verticals or I can easily narrow that down and get more targeted. I also like that a lot of the leads and pros[pects found sometimes have contact info.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes I lose the reports that I had searched for before I had a chance to save them. Like if my computer shuts down or something. Its not really that bad but I'd say thats the only dislike I have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that if you have a team of SDR's and you are trying to have them be as efficient as possible when it comes to their sourcing/ prospecting they should one hundred percent be using datanyze. It is a very powerful tool and it easily syncs with salesforce. I am able to source hundreds of new people a day and some of them even have contact info. I highly recommend this to all sales teams.

I am solving the divide between manual prospecting and salesforce. by being able to push leads directly into sf from datanyze, I am making finding more qualified prospects in a timely fashion.

Datanyze review by Kerry (Doc) D.
Kerry (Doc) D.

"I use datanyze every day, I love this tool"

What do you like best?

I use Datanyze every day as a sales rep. Our company bought a subscription to the tool and made it available as a data-verification/sourcing tool. I use the list building tool to find good fit companies to prospect and the alerts tool to see who has recently added a software to their site.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. I like the features and for what I use it for it's perfect. I suppose if there was a better filtering logic to find companies in my territory that would be grat, but I am picking nits because I really like the filtering anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

set up alerts for your territory. You can use zip codes to delineate the territory you're in and you can set up alerts that show up in your email daily showing when compnanies add or drop technologies from their website.

Sourcing, Prospecting, data verification. Our platform works really well with companies that fit a certain profile and those companies often use certain technologies. Datanize provides those technologies that companies are using and gives them to me so I can filter the highest priority companies to call on.

Datanyze review by Mike W.
Mike W.

"The best source of technographic data on the web"

What do you like best?

We are able to very quickly and accurately generate target sales lists from technographic data using Datanyze as a starting point.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a better or easier way to find target people at target companies utilizing a specific technology. I'd also like to see the technology I'm searching for show up in the export (i.e. if I am looking for companies that use Greenhouse, iCIMS, Jobvite, or Taleo, I want to see that in a field in the export so I can personalize campaigns).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a product that relies on target companies using a specific web based technology, Datanyze is a must-have in your sales stack.

The clear cut business problem is identifying target companies for our platform. It is a step in our sales process that at this point is irreplaceable.

Datanyze review by Jason G.
Jason G.

"Datanyze has the potential to be the all-in-one solution we've been looking for"

What do you like best?

The chrome extension, salesforce integration, and customer service. The chrome extension allows sales and marketing to create accounts and contacts in seconds. Datanyze removes all tedious manually entry for accounts and contacts. As a marketer I love using the tags for a variety of use cases. When I come back from a tradeshow with a mix bag of leads from existing accounts and contacts, and net new accounts and contacts, datanyze is able to do that matching for me in seconds...its not perfect, but it has significantly cut the down the time for doing any post show matching / new account and contact creation.

What do you dislike?

As an Admin it should be easier to setup the settings for each of my users, I wish there was an option to make a "default user" which has all the settings saved in place, and then I just assign the seat license. I've been working with Datanyze for almost a year now, the contact adding piece is super simple, but the quality of contacts was real poor. Datanyze has made adjustments to control the confidence level in the contacts you see/export, which is a little better....We just got started with Datanyze's "Premium Contacts" feature, this was MUST for Datanyze so happy to see they've taken steps to improve that aspect of their product...I can't comment on the overall quality yet of premium contacts still forming that opinion. I wish there was an ability to customize the revenue and employee bands datanyze use, their bands don't align with our qualifications so thats a huge challenge. When you do create a new contact through the chrome extension, I don't understand why you still have to search for the account to tie the newly created contact to...?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Datanyze should never be looked at as a contacting adding tool. Datanyze should be looked at the tool to find the right prospects based on technograhpic data.

Firmographic and technographic data for accounts, also enrichment of existing account firmographic and technographic data. We've started to lean on datanyze more and more for contact adding. As a market its started to do more and more of the heavy lifting when it comes to matching against our database.

Datanyze review by Erika C.
Erika C.

"Datanyze- leader of technographics"

What do you like best?

It gives great market insight, account-level Insight, & lead analysis. I loved how it directly aided us to find great accounts and help convert them into customers. It is excellent if you want specific information like company size, annual revenue, business industry, year founded, business type.

What do you dislike?

It did not update consistently when it comes to specific information like company size, annual revenue, business industry, year founded, business type. There was a definite limit to the number of times you can search. Some companies were not registered yet so targeting a newer companies this may be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

faster updates

It is excellent if you want to acquire certain company data generization in terms of size, revenue,industry, year founded, company type etc from lead builder feature. for selling products. Sales professionals from all backgrounds can use Datanyze for customer technology decisions because the effortless reporting features to help gain the right data fast to close more deals in pipeline.

Datanyze review by Darren T.
Darren T.

"Best tool of its kind on the marketplace "

What do you like best?

The accuracy of the data on datanyze is second to none. I've used many similar tools and nothing goes to the granular level that Datanyze does. A must if you need to know the tech stack behind websites.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback would be that some of the tech Datanyze says it has seen live on the site, and others are just there. It would be good to know the rationale behind the latter. It is still incredibly accurate

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool that will give you a good overview of what technology certain websites are using, then Datanyze is a must for you. It gives you the confidence that you will be able to have fruitful discussions with prospects due to the insights that Datanyze can provide you with in the fact gathering stage of the sales cycle.

Better understanding requirements of brands based on the tech stack that they have implemented. The real benefit is being able to have conversations with prospects without needing to 'go in blind' or 'second guess' what technology they have implemented.

Datanyze review by Lacey G.
Lacey G.

"Best Tech Stack Prep"

What do you like best?

I love that one can see, not only current tech stacks but also previous ones in cases where coding is still on the website.

What do you dislike?

I cant really think of anything at this time

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Datanyze to anyone who, from a services level, needs to know what technology stacks their prospect is using as well as to help them understand what is being underutilized versus those that are working well. It has excellent relevance when it comes to marketing automation technology and CRM (where the CRM has a web application - ie, can receive form fills/ web-to-lead, etc). I have used Datanyze for over a year and there have been frequent improvements . I have had others on my team download and use it from what success I have found.

I use Datanyze to understand what kind of marketing automation and CRM applications are being used and can identify good candidates for our professional services.

Datanyze review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Marketing/Prospect research made easy"

What do you like best?

The extension is filled with useful information, even on a free/demo plan there's a lot of value at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into too much to dislike. I used to have to manually pull content but they continue to build out CRM integrations to help make things simpler. If you use Salesforce or Marketo or Hubspot you'll be fine.

I primarily use it for competitor and customer research. Being able to understand what technologies a customer is using as well as being able to get a quick view of how a competitor is marketing there content online are both primary use cases for me. I can quickly survey the marketing landscape for a product and adapt or I can quickly get a feel for the scale of a potential customer as well as understand the underlying IT tools they use for their organization.

Datanyze review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Easy to use plug-in that doesn't slow browser performance or load times"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see a complete organization overview, technologies in use and some contact information for companies that I'm researching. I like the fact that it's a browser plug-in so I can view data ON the site without needing to open another window.

What do you dislike?

My company serves nonprofits like museums and nature centers, and I find many more organizations whose data isn't in Datanyze yet than I would if I were researching for-profit businesses, especially in contact data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are just getting started with more coordinated research (including competitive research) projects, and Datanyze has been a real boon. As we grow, I look forward to using Datanyze more thoroughly including integration with SalesForce.

With Datanyze we are able to quickly learn general information about organizations (including financial health) as well as what technologies are in place on their web sites without having to LEAVE their web site.

Datanyze review by Jeanette E.
Jeanette E.

"Datanyze - a game changer"

What do you like best?

Datanyze does a great job of finding the installed technologies of our prospects. The ability to filter by revenue ranges, industry, employee count, technologies, etc. is a huge advantage. I was able to create a customized lead scoring model in Salesforce based on the company + technology information received from Datanyze. And the Chrome Extension is super helpful!

What do you dislike?

The email addresses and people finder is a huge advantage but the email bounce rate can be slightly high. I accommodate for that by uploading them into a email validation tool (such as validateemailaddress.org or hunter.io).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend working closely with your account manager. They are a huge benefit and they are very responsive.

A ton! Datanyze is now a one-stop-shop and we can additionally use this to research our competition. The biggest benefit is the ability to find companies which would be interested in working with us because of the technology they use.

Datanyze review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"Datanyze Digs Deep For Intelligence "

What do you like best?

Getting (almost) real-time data on the platforms that my potential customers are using is extraordinarily useful. Without this data, we would be flying blind.

What do you dislike?

Datanyze does not always give accurate information. There are times when companies use the free trial of a software, leave some of the code on their website, and Datanyze counts it as using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you sell into a market that uses a specific software, chances are that you can identify these customers using Datanyze. Knowing who to sell to is half the battle in business and Datanyze can help you with that half.

Datanyze lets us see what platforms companies are using so we can reach out to those companies that our system plays well with.

Datanyze review by Moshe L.
Moshe L.

"Sales intelligence review"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, very straight forward, present the data (insights) I want, when I want it, and the way I need it.

Reporting is great way to get a quick "push" feed of potential companies to approach (e.g. that recently stopped using a certain technology), and the browser add-on is excellent way to get on-the-spot "pull" insight on a the tool-chain used by a lead, while browsing it's website.

What do you dislike?

I still did't get the hang of using the monthly "Market Share" report. Only minor inconvenience, comparing to the daily benefit I get from the product.

Market research in broad, and gathering accurate information on leads in specific.

Datanyze review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use interface with great features for automation"

What do you like best?

Datanyze works great for automating purposes within our database. With Datanyze website technographic scrubber, we are able to track which technologies prospects are using at ease. Their customization features allows users to easily update what information they would like exported from a wide variety of information (revenue, technologies used, # of employees, etc.)

What do you dislike?

We have run into instances where the technographic scrubber is not 100% accurate and the geographical information that it pulls from websites is often wrong; not that reliable. Their feature to find employees for companies is not that comprehensive and is somewhat of a clunky process. Also, they have recently removed some of the exportable fields from their database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on their lead generation tool along with the accuracy of their geographical information

We are able to see which technologies prospects are using determine if they use technologies of our partners or competitors. Their export feature allows for a quick CSV file to be downloaded for certain criteria to bump up against a users database, great for finding net new websites.

Datanyze review by Scott A.
Scott A.

"Need To Know What Is Being Used Before You Call?"

What do you like best?

It allows me to quickly see what is being used from a technology standpoint. I can plan my meeting out in advance, and if needed on the fly I can see and speak intelligently about what they are using. It creates a sense of expertise and that I'm not just a flyby sales person

What do you dislike?

Nothing major, minor things at best. Sometimes the interface is clunky, but it takes just a moment to get used to it and orient myself.

Using a tool like Datanyze allows me to quickly see the technologies being used on the website as well as what has been purchased. This allows me to be able to position quickly and speak intelligently to what they are using, is there a fit for my solution, and is there an opportunity to engage before the renewal date of a competitor's product! I have developed strong pipeline as well as closed deals using a tool like Datanyze

Datanyze review by User

"Awesome Sales Tool!!!"

What do you like best?

This is a fantastic sales tool to use when gathering information on a company before talking to an owner or c level executive. You can use Datanyze to gather intricate information that truly makes you look impressive and that you did your research. I have gotten so many more meetings because I sound more knowledgable when talking about the company. The biggest thing I use it for is the website integration, absolutely fantastic!!!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does not have the physical address/phone number of the company in the system which can be frustrating, from a sales stand point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great sales tool for people working in this industry!!!

The biggest thing I use this for is figuring out what integrations they are using on the website, business contacts, and physical address and phone number of business.

Datanyze review by Sean D.
Sean D.

"Great experience with a great product"

What do you like best?

Datanyze is a great company.

1. The product is really good, I think for finding competitive intelligence, it's one of the best. You can quickly run through a series of search queries and see what companies are using your competitors. This is really helpful in the case for the following:

- If you know the average lifecycle of your competitors product is 6 months, you can run a list of companies that have been using that product for 5 months and then quickly get their contact information and then reach out to start the sales process. Brilliant!

2. I really liked my Account Manager, she always responded in a timely fashion. Whenever I had an issue, Paige would get back to me as quickly as possible. Also she would set up time with my team whenever necessary.

What do you dislike?

Losing the hook with LinkedIn (because of LinkedIn) was a little bit of a burden but they showed me 1. A workaround to get back onto LinkedIn 2. How to run in-depth searches within the product (which ended up being even better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to leverage your Account Manager because they provide really good support.

We were able to grab data faster instead of having to hack together email addresses. We could also search websites for competitors to target those accounts - really cool!

Datanyze review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Excellent Service and Technology Platform - Like No Other!"

What do you like best?

We love how Datanyze's software allows us to keep tabs on our competitors. We get a daily report that informs us of activity with other providers in our space. We also use it to monitor our own installs. If we see a client drops our tracking code from their website, it prompts a call. When our onboarding team sees a client adds the code, it gives them peace of mind. Also, really love their Chrome plug-in. It's an essential part of any salesperson's toolbox. Before reaching out, check out a company's technographics. You'll get some good insight to help tailor your discussions.

What do you dislike?

No complaints, these guys are grrrrrreat! There's nothing I would suggest they do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent choice for sales intelligence.

Identifying competitor activity, developing a better understanding of our clients.

Datanyze review by Blake J.
Blake J.

"Great Tool but could be better"

What do you like best?

I love that Datanyze compiles so much information on accounts that you may be looking into. There is usually detailed information for the company size, revenue, funding, contacts, and the technologies that they are using.

What do you dislike?

A lot of times the information in Datanyze for contacts is incorrect or outdated. You really have to cross reference LinkedIn to ensure that the person listed on Datanyze is still employed at that company. The same thing applies for technologies. There are lots of times when Datanyze is slow to update when a company has removed or added a technology and I have seen this gap be as much as 1 or 2 years.

Marketing & Sales Intelligence

Datanyze review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"The most remarkable and simple way to get in touch with the right people. "

What do you like best?

I loved the connection Datanyze had with LInkedIn Sales Navigator. This tool was responsible for setting up some of my most important meetings. The ability to keep things organized within Salesforce also made for a very happy boss.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how expensive it was. If you didn't use it for a month, it became hard to justify the price. If this was something we used every day non-stop, then it would be 100% worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the budget, and don't want to pay for a company to get the leads for you, I'd highly recommend getting datanyze. I'd definitely recommend making it a daily part of your sales teams to do list.

The problem we were solving was setting up demos with the right people. With the integration with LinkedIn, it would usually give us the right email address, which is a big deal in the game of prospecting and hunting.

Datanyze review by annah s.
annah s.

"prospecting cut in half"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to access sourced data on my accounts in one area! I can look up addresses, find revenue/news updates and basically do most of my research at once. It cuts prospecting time in half essentially.

What do you dislike?

Accuracy is sometimes questionable. would like more timestamps of when the data was last sourced so I can know where to focus my own supplemental search. Sometimes Datanyze email lookup tool goes down (and my entire team freaks out because we use it so much.)

Again just super easy to find info as quick as possible. Even mid-meeting I can pull up a site and have info on the side to bring up and ask questions about. VERY helpful!! I use it every day for each account I research.

Datanyze review by Arielle G.
Arielle G.

"Excellent Solution for Data/Website data scraping!"

What do you like best?

Datanyze has provided crucial data to my job as an SDR. Not only can I get contact information (phone numbers, emails), I can also use the plug in to get information off of websites I'm prospecting to see what technologies they are currently using so I can tailor my outreach!

What do you dislike?

Data is data and no matter the provider you have to make sure your data is correct. The color coordinators on emails in Datanyze helps this!

The ability to quickly gather data for contacts within accounts has sped up sales processes! The entire team uses the plug in to scrape technologies off of websites so we are able to see different technologies being used. The ability to segment inside of the platform can allow you to get very granular with your research.

Datanyze review by Chris V.
Chris V.

"Great for Finding Installed Technologies and appending it to your database"

What do you like best?

Does a great job of finding the installed technologies of your prospects. Also feeds in revenue ranges, employee count, industry, HQ address. We feed this into our Lead Scoring and have used it to build our ICP and to create Target Account Lists.

What do you dislike?

Our CSM left the company and it's been hard to get help on a few more complex questions. A sales person also departed the company during our sales process, so it seems turnover may be a struggle for them.

We have found some of the data to be inaccurate (true headquarter location information). Managing the parent/child relationship between companies is also a challenge. Because Datanyze treats any top level domain as a unique account, often subsidiary companies will be listed with $0 revenue. They do appear to be solid on determining the installed technologies of companies which is the main reason for using this technology.

Historically Datanyze has been poor at finding contact level information. It seems to have gotten a tad better recently but we haven't had a chance to try it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you understand how important understanding the parent/child relationships between accounts is to your business. Datanyze doesn't really have this information.

Developing an ICP, Developing a Target Account List, Appending Account Data in Salesforce, Alerts Regarding Installed Tech, Powering Firmographic Lead Scoring.

Datanyze review by Tony S.
Tony S.

"Awesome product that gives me an ocean of prospecting possibility."

What do you like best?

I love that I can plan and teach my team how to plan. I have the ability to easily and succinctly set up territories. The pipeline growth is sustainable because I have the ability to target by size. The revenue data needs work, but I use Alexa Rank as my proxy for size because our service is based on number of pageviews. So I have ZERO complaints about Datanyze. It has made me a hero in this organization.

What do you dislike?

They got rid of their prospecting tool. That gave me the ability to make Datanyze my one stop-shop. They obviously had an epic battle with LinkedIn. LinkedIn wouldn't even allow a company profile page for Datanyze - talk about Petty. Anyway - I simply moved to another email grabber tool and the accuracy has been better than Datanyze. But what Datanyze does well can't be matched - not by a long shot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If my career at 4-Tell ever goes off the rails, I will try to get a job selling for Datanyze. I could sell that product to anyone - literally anyone. It is AWESOME.

I am finding tens of thousands of businesses and have the ability to sort them the exact way I need. As I build my team, I am able to give them territories. They are able to grow their pipelines accordingly by looking at the size of the businesses they are prospecting. This helps us keep the lead generation pipeline sustainable. I don't hear about many companies that can do that without burning down the same forests repeatedly.

Datanyze review by Vanessa N.
Vanessa N.

"using datanyze on a daily basis "

What do you like best?

The best function for datanyze is the list building capabilities. It also validates emails which is nice. Additionally, you are able to see the type of technologies, such as SDK's, that a publisher or site is currently using. I believe you can also see when they adopt a certain technology and when they drop one.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the accuracy of the email validation. It is not always correct which results in a high bounced rate for emails and raises the chances of my email domain shooting to spam. The technology info for ios is lacking compared to info for apps on the google play store.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this as a list builder. But it works best in conjunction with LeadIQ for email validation.

The biggest issue is the list building capabilities which makes everything very organized. Secondly, email validation for sales prospecting. Also very useful is the technology data for apps AND sites.

Datanyze review by Megan A.
Megan A.

"Needs improvement"

What do you like best?

The report building is easy to use and helpful. Especially for public sharing, downloading to CSV etc.

What do you dislike?

A large amount of the information pulled from datanyze seems outdated or plain incorrect. It was one of the first sales tools we signed on to for list building, contact finding, company information pulling, but we often found other tools to provide more up-to-date information. Still after pulling lists we find ourselves heavily scrubbing through outdated info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the product for what it is today if you're going to buy. If you speak to a sales representative there make sure to have them show you and sell you on what is available - not what is on their roadmap or in Beta. Until the contact/email information is more accurate, this product should be advertised more towards list building/data pulling.

Again, it is helpful for us to pull a large number of companies into a list. We're able to easily divide and conquer these lists much easier.

Datanyze review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"Super insightful, but the freemium model is aggravating"

What do you like best?

I love the Chrome extension. As a salesperson in the eCommerce sector, this makes prospecting infinitely easier. Finding the eCommerce source is excellent, and you can also see which ad and analytical tools they use as well. It also gives an estimate to revenue which is nice as well. Locations is almost there, still a bit wonky as well as the email addresses.

What do you dislike?

It's an extremely useful tool, but as the title states, the freemium model is a death-trap. Hate that it now caps you at 100 uses a month. A use is when you have it inspect the site. 100 flies by way too quickly. Again email addresses and location are a little behind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freemium models are not ideal--commit to one or another.

Inspecting the page code so that I do not have to to understand what eCommerce platform, what the site is hosted on and what tools are being used.

Datanyze review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Datanyze is an excellent tool for inside sales."

What do you like best?

It's easy to install and easy to use right out of the gate. Salesforce integration is smooth as silk and it handles all of the work of parsing out regions.

What do you dislike?

Some of the sites you'll come across won't have any data, a few of which are surprising given their size. However, it's far less than 1%

We use it to source accounts based on the amount of technology and spend Datanyze estimates. We also are organized by region so info on the HQ's location is very useful

Datanyze review by Nadia G.
Nadia G.

"Easy to use, good data"

What do you like best?

Chrome extension is awesome, makes it easy to use. Great data as well

What do you dislike?

Can't ID Salesforce in tech stack. I have yet to find a tool that will provide this, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Datanyze is a good tool but won't give you the complete picture. We use other tools to help but datanyze is definitely a big part of the puzzle.

Helps supplement data gathering to get a bigger and better picture of the business

Datanyze review by Valentina C.
Valentina C.

"A definite must have!"

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive, easy to use and I can customise every report to show me exactly what I need.

The support is extremely fast and friendly.

What do you dislike?

I think the price is a bit high if you are a small company with a small budget. It is necessary to check very carefully the benefits for all particular cases before purchasing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Book a demo or all you need in order to see if this is the right software for you. They are very helpful and looking to help you find what you need.

I am able to manage my target companies list all in one place and get up to date reports.

I am not using the technologies filters a lot, but there are some others that are very helpful for me.

Being able to get contact names directly as I export a report, is something I haven't seen in any other software.

Datanyze review by Ross M.
Ross M.

"Good starting point"

What do you like best?

It made it easier for us to try to find sales leads before we had a team of SDRs that were helping find and qualify leads.

What do you dislike?

The data quality has not been as good recently as it was when we started. There aren't many people listed at companies where I can find 50+ on LinkedIn

Trying to find leads in our ideal profile without having to manually search and input each lead into our CRM.

Datanyze review by Patrick C.
Patrick C.

"Datanyze provided a great tech stack with filtering options, but lacked in contact information."

What do you like best?

Datanyze provided a complete tech stack of the website we were trying to investigate. A great feature of this was the ability to filter by the date that technology was added and/or dropped. This was helpful because you could estimate when a companies current technology contract was up.

An integration that was very helpful was the Salesforce/Outreach integration from LinkedIn. I used this feature all of the time. It made it extremely efficient to filter through LinkedIn and add contacts to the correct lists I had created.

What do you dislike?

The email bounce rate was consistently around 30%. Also, the user interface was a bit clunky/domain based. For example, Datanyze counted example.com and example.in and example.cn and example.mx as different companies (which they obviously aren't).

Another issue I had was the Outreach integration. Although it was very nice to have this integration, it frequently took too long and did not transfer over correctly.

A minor issue with the LinkedIn plugin was that it sometimes did not remember the list that I had been adding prospects to. This was easily fixed by logging out and in of Datanyze

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Datanyze to those who value a TechStack. That is a robust feature that I've not seen in other data platforms. If you are looking to purely find good fits/prospects based on company and not tech stack, there might be better recommendations (Datafox, Mattermark, etc)

The problems being solved were understanding competitor/lead technologies and Datanyze was helpful for that. From a purely prospecting perspective, Datanyze was lacking.

Datanyze review by User in Internet

"Great UI not so great data "

What do you like best?

The best part about Datanyze is their easy to use interface that makes it very intuitive to start building reports. There is little to no downtime to learn how to use the tool. If you want to find companies that are web based - easily click on the web report. Looking for mobile companies? use the mobile report. Very straight forward. It took no time to train my team how to use.

What do you dislike?

What I truly dislike is the data that comes from Datanyze. I have run in to countless problems ( too many to count) where the info their reports give me is inaccurate, not updated, or so wrong that it confuses me even more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you jump into Datanyze make sure the data they are giving you is exactly what you are looking for. As a company that prospects for mobile first companies this tool did not provide any useful data for us.

We were trying to find a tool that would make it easy for us to build prospecting lists. Instead of manually combing through the app store we thought it would be useful to get a tool that could do all the "hard work" for us. After using Datanzye for a couple of months my whole team went back to the manual app store process.

Datanyze review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Easy, no training necessary, very insightful for sales"

What do you like best?

You can find decision makers, trends, events, etc. If you need some kind of entry point while pursuing a prospect then Datanyze will help, even if it's a conversation starter to warm them to you as a launchpad for your pitch.

What do you dislike?

No free trial of the upgrade as far as I know. Maybe there is...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free version is helpful and worth scanning. Definitely check it out with a few different websites of interest.

Prospecting, Discovery, Impact, Objection handling

"so handy!"

What do you like best?

Chrome plugin is super easy to use and very handy, it provides a bunch of accurate insights without ever leaving the window/tab you're in. Also, has salesforce integration!

What do you dislike?

certain kinds of technology can be listed under different categories. For instance, a content management system can be under CMS or Web Content Management. Since it's alphabetical, it takes a little longer to identify sometimes and technologies can be missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the free plugin first to explore

For me it's really just getting a handle on what CX, CMS, analytics, etc. platforms are in use so I can be more familiar with marketing language and terminology during client conversations.

Datanyze review by Jordon S.
Jordon S.

"Incredible Product"

What do you like best?

The automatic email search is incredible. I also like how a credit isn't charged unless they are positive that the email is correct. The ability to not only find emails, but find company information based on an email is excellent.

What do you dislike?

The LinkedIn Datanyze extension can sometimes be slow. Other than this, there really aren't any downsides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a little bit of a learning curve that comes with Datanyze. With that being said, it would be helpful if someone in the organization already has some knowledge on it so you don't have to rely solely on support for help.

We are doing outbound prospecting throughout the US and the benefits of Datanyze has been immeasurable. The efficiency and preciseness of the tool is remarkable.

From a business standpoint, we are looking to put brands, marketers, and publishers on the same side of the table where they can all make money. We are looking to create a more meaningful web and Datanyze lets us do that.

Datanyze review by Taylor M.
Taylor M.

"Great prospecting and sales tool"

What do you like best?

As an SDR it is very valuable to bring is quality leads. Datanyze insider helps in this area to create tags and filter for specific technologies that a company is using. This helps us build lists quickly and efficiently. Also, timing is everything in sales and Datanyze updates us when someone adds or subtracts a specific software (competitor, or qualifying tool).

What do you dislike?

Overall it is a great product and the bounce rate is not too bad typically around 15-20%. Although, we are always looking for a tool with lower bounce rates. Also, the most frustrating part is probably the phone numbers of the prospects. It is important to get a quality number like their office line or direct line. Datanyze typically only offers the main line to the company or no number at all which leads to jumping through additionaly hoops to get in contact with the prospect.

Since we started using Datanyze we have improved our demo count and quality leads tremendously. The biggest benefits that we have noticed is being able to build strong lists of qualified prospects leading to more SALS and closed opportunities.

Datanyze review by Taylor S.
Taylor S.

"Business Development Rep"

What do you like best?

The speed and accuracy to find a contact! Very easy to use! Also, it tends to be very accurate for the most part

What do you dislike?

Sometimes contacts aren't in the correct role or position with the company. Also, some phone numbers aren't correct. Recently there has been some maintenance issues but that is expected

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware that some contacts might not be in the correct role or company. I never reach the lead threshold, so there isn't much to worry about that. The ease of use has been the key feature with my experience!

Also the ability to key in on specific verticals has been great! You have the ability to look up, size, cost, business type etc to reach those key people!

I have been pleasantly surprised when using this tool! It is my first time using it and it has helped me tremendously when prospecting and finding specific potential clients to go after!

I would recommend this to anyone in the market for finding prospects and cold calling! It is 100% worth is!

Finding the exact contact in the specific role. I can go directly to them instead of going around the loop! Also, I have been able to really narrow down my search and focus on key areas within a single search. The validity comes from being able to lock in on key elements and potential prospect and get the most information that I need!

Datanyze review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Datanyze - Good, Bad, and Problems Solved"

What do you like best?

I like how Datanyze overlays on top of Linkedin. This enables us to isolate the ideal customer profile, whether conducting and advanced company search or isolating leads by title, industry, and size.

What do you dislike?

The lead accuracy seems to be spotty from time to time and when building a lead list fairly quick, Datanyze can seem a bit lethargic at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When conducting a lift and shift from another prospecting tool, understand prospecting tools typically get better with time. i.e. As you use the tool more, they'll notify you if you or someone on your team has previously prospected that individual. Their API capabilities into tools like Salesforce are fairly weak and are in need of improvement if you are looking to check your CRM system prior to new lead import. They have work arounds such as uploading a suppression list to prevent dup's but is still in need of a facelift here.

Lead Gen. Our initial focus was to build out a large database and from there pivot our model to ABS. The way Datanyze provides us the flexibility to run multiple styles of Sales Development within the tool.

Datanyze review by Keith J.
Keith J.

"Fantastic Product & Solution"

What do you like best?

Datanyze is a simplistic yet impactful tool. It's clean user interface and ease on installation with their google chrome plugin make one of the easy technology adoptions a team can face. They're ability to provide insight into your prospects and customers in real-time is nothing short of invaluable. I also have immense respect for their go to market strategy.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have with Datanyze has to do with the dates they attribute to the different pieces of web code that reveal which technologies a company is employing. For example if a company were to redesign their website or utilize a free trial of a solution those dates of when the code was found on that particular site may not as accurate as one would hope. However as a sales professional this is easily handled with a strategic sales cycle and discovery process.

To be able to identify who is using our competitors in near real time is nothing short of game changing. Our BDR team also use datanyze to identify the best contacts at any given account.

Datanyze review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Prospecting Made Easy! "

What do you like best?

I love that I can create lists and keep track of who I'm reaching out to. I can collect leads from LinkedIn in large quantities, pass them into Datanyze to find emails, them send them straight to Salesforce- ready for outreach. The integration is pretty seamless.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Datanyze, I guess company size and headquarters aren't always that accurate. I find myself having to double check with LinkedIn and Google.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying it out! See if it works with your prospecting flow and give it a shot. I know that I didn't think much of it until I actually started using it. Take advantage of the lists and ability to mass import. Also, utilize your account executive to create custom preferences and filters.

Datanyze has helped us mass populate emails for our contacts, has cut down on my prospecting time by doing the heaving lifting of integrating into Salesforce, AND they've helped us design a filter in order to identify companies with key websites that are critical for our outreach.

Thanks Datanyze!

Datanyze review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"The best email data tool available"

What do you like best?

Excellent email quality, with phenomenal information about our target profile of customers. I love that we have insight into the tools that our prospects are using on their website so that we can target appropriately.

The seamless bi-lateral sync is salesforce is an absolute dream! I never have to worry about updating salesforce the latest information on my accounts.. amazing!

What do you dislike?

They don't have a very comprehensive list of companies in their system quite yet, especially when doing a search for companies within a specific industry. Their company lists are user sourced, so I imagine that as the tool gets more popular, this will get better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to use the bilateral sync with SalesForce, make sure you have someone on your team who understands how to administer salesforce, create custom fields, sync things up, understands leads vs accounts vs contacts, etc.

Love the alerts advising when a new technology has been added or removed from their site too -- tells us this might be top of mind and so it's time to reach out! The tech-stack history is great too -- allowing me to identify when a particular tool was added, so I can make a estimated guess on when their renewals will be coming up.. and when they might be evaluating other tools.

The funding, revenue and employee count data is also great so I don't have to go searching through several resources to collect the data.

Datanyze review by Jon D.
Jon D.

"Must have for sales development teams!"

What do you like best?

- Quickly add prospects to lists from LinkedIn.

- Find out who is using your competitors. They track a ton of technologies (call tracking, marketing automation, CRM, eCommerce, email marketing just to name a few).

- The chrome plugin is awesome. Can set up an alert bubble to display for a specified period of time when you first get to the site (shows various technologies a company is using).

- Easy export to Salesforce. All you have to do is click the cloud icon.

- The data is spot on. Very rarely do I have to go out and find an email or phone number. Datanyze gets it right the first time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at this point. The tool is fantastic!

- Building accurate prospect lists. No need to throw money away on purchased lists, build them yourself!

- Saves a ton of time.

- Works and integrates with everything a sales rep needs (LinkedIn and Salesforce). They also integrate with a bunch of other tools (HubSpot, PersistIQ, Close.io, Outreach, SalesLoft), however I do not have any experience with these.

Datanyze review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"Great source of data especially for USA data"

What do you like best?

Datanyze is an easy to use and effective tool for both sales and marketing teams across any size of business. The fact that your search is limited to the number of users on linkedin is just amazing!

Another great feature is that you are able to see who is using any type of software, having the ability to request specific software to search is a great feature and they do it in a timely manner too.

What do you dislike?

As Datanyze are new to the UK, although they have a lot of data, the emails are slightly restricted and i find that only around 1/3 are highlighted as green/correct, the others are guesses at the email address.. this is poor for me as I am in marketing and require the emails, although not an issue for sales as they use the name and company number which is all correct for the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certainly the best data provider I have encountered with a great team of friendly and useful consultants. They have always helped when we needed and the fact that they have access to all types of software and which companies are using it is amazing for working out which prospects are using which competitor.

They offer a trial so you would be mad not to go with these in the first instance.

There is a difficulty with getting correct, up to date data nowadays, many businesses are selling out of date and bodged email data, but datanyze makes you feel comfortable with their product as their records are as up to date as the users linkedin profile is.

Datanyze review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Datanyze changed the game"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to target companies that are in an ideal position to evaluate our services. The datanyze dashboard and plugin makes that a breeze. The data collected from the websites regarding any current and past used technology, as well as dates for changes, is highly accurate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the prospect data accuracy is a bit iffy, and the integration with LinkedIn is not perfect. When I pull leads in to SFDC often times I need to append the info (such as phone & email) with another data source. It would be nice if the data set in datanyze was more complete, or integrated with another data provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a secondary source of Data. While Datanyze is a fantastic tool, the data provided isn't always complete, so it has helped me get more out of the tool to be able to cross reference another source.

I have been able to create strategically targeted lists of ideal accounts to target based on the information I have found with datanyze, and pulling them into my CRM was simple. It takes minimal effort to learn and see results with this tool, and I've still only scratched the surface of what it is capable of. I will be recommending Datanyze to any sales professional.

Datanyze review by Joshua D.
Joshua D.

"Good data, pretty slick tool, room for improvement. "

What do you like best?

The ability to see what technology companies are using along with when they started or stopped using it is very valuable.

Their email finding tool is pretty good, and does ok on accuracy. For an automated tool it does very well.

What do you dislike?

You only get charged for each email you pull, and they refund credits if they email bounces, but the only way to report a bounced email is to manually click the flag on each prospect and type out the reason why you are reporting. That takes WAY TOO long for a list of any good size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. The reps and support guys are great to work with. And you can see quite quickly if the data and emails you are getting work for your process.

You also need a way to make sure you are not duplicating your leads. If you have several people going after the same markets, you could easily duplicate leads in SF. Datanyze does a good job showing you if you have already imported someone, but it is a little harder to see if a lead is part of multiple lists.

Datanyze lets us find leads which would be interested in our solution because of the technology they use. For example if we integrate with Google Docs, we can find companies using Google Docs and we can craft a message to provide them the most value. It helps create warmer leads.

Datanyze review by Heidi P.
Heidi P.

"Datanyze Pros and Cons"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Datanyze has link-ins with salesforce which saves me a lot of time when I find new leads and contacts. I find it advantageous to be able to look up company info that I might not otherwise have had access to, such as contact names and emails.

What do you dislike?

Ease of use when looking for new leads, you need to spend a little bit of time playing around with it to really get it down to a science.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Datanyze is the right company to work with when looking for leads and finding out important business info.

This goes back to finding those contact names due to being in a partnership with Linkedin. I have been able to find some great contact names and emails because of this fact which helps me work right past the gatekeepers and hone in directly on the decision maker of the site.

Datanyze review by User in Internet

"Strategize and research before you call"

What do you like best?

Within one side window, I can get insights into what tech tools companies are using on their website. A great tool to understand how qualified targeted accounts are from a simple web visit. I like how it also has quick links allowing me to hop from social media channel to crunch base overviews.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say that it is 100% accurate with capturing every tool a company is using on their website (like Salesforce or an expired automation tool). But with that said, it captures enough to start a quality conversation and show that I did some homework.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to get the converstation started before hopping on the phone and talking with prospects. That way your prepared for any objections, similar use of tools, and pain point digging.

Targeting qualified accounts based off of the tech we see on company websites. We're now able to craft the conversation around the tools companies use and are better prepared to approach objection handling.

Learn more about Datanyze

Datanyze Videos

Learning about Datanyze?

* We monitor all Datanyze reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.