Datawatch

Datawatch

The data intelligence solutions provider that will fuel your business. Only Datawatch can confidently position individuals and organizations to master all data – no matter the origin, format or narrative – resulting in faster time to insight, driving the use of more data, fostering more trust and incorporating more minds into analytics and reporting projects.

Work for Datawatch?

Learning about Datawatch?

Datawatch Reviews

Ask Datawatch a Question
Showing 59 Datawatch reviews
Datawatch review by Austin P.
Austin P.

"Must Have Software"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, look and feel, and overall speed when working with moderately sized files. I tend to use this software on a daily basis to convert files that were previously unusable to a format that can be used in our analysis. The biggest feature that I use is the use of regular expressions to trap data. This is a very powerful tool.

What do you dislike?

The software does tend to crash when joining multiple files that are in excess of a million rows of data. I'm on 32-bit version which is likely the cause of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend going with Datawatch. I would encourage the admin to first find people within the business that have a drive to learn to be an expert with the software because it has unlimited uses if you work at it.

Converting unusable PDF and report type files into flat files that can be analyzed and used for other purposes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Datawatch
Datawatch review by Edgar S.
Edgar S.

"Datawatch Review"

What do you like best?

the capabilities of preparing data. The customer support experience that they provide is very good. Support has been able to help me with all the cases that I opened and they track the progress until everything is resolved. I also like the sales team who was very active and supportive when purchasing the software. They are also have been involved in the deployment activity.

What do you dislike?

there are still many bugs in the software. There are errors when importing files. It seems that many things are still in development. I also have problems with the lack of training opportunities. Datawatch Monarch is a good software and it is difficult to use and setup. Having better training options could make life easier for everyone and make the most out of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try to get training on it and try to get a support personnel when setting up things for first time.

preparing data for Tableau. We are receiving data from multiple sources and we are trying to accommodate them inside a constant format so that we can reuse the different Tableau workbooks that we have created. We also like that Datawatch is helping us to make this process automatic with the Automator. There are several inputs files from our customers and they can come at any time. Therefore it is necessary to have a service that could allow us to identify when new data has been put into the system and process it automatically.

What Data Preparation solution do you use?

Datawatch review by Summer P.
Summer P.

"Data Manipulation for Taxes"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create various templates for the different PDF files I receive from the various entities. It is also really easy to use on different files if I get something other than PDF - I am not limited in what I can use Datawatch for or on.

What do you dislike?

There are a few entities that don't have a consistent format and this doesn't always extract the data cleanly from those. It takes a bit more manipulation and effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to extract data that is pretty uniform in format in the document, then this is definitely worth it. Even with the need to extract from various parts of the document, or different formats - PDF, word, excel, and others - this can do it. I like being able to have different templates for the different files as well.

We use the files for tax purposes and previously it could take two to three days to convert, extract, clean and insert into a database a single file. When I started using Datawatch, it went from 2 to 3 days, to about 10 to 15 minutes. This allows me to be more productive and efficient in my day, allowing me to complete more of my daily tasks and roles.

Datawatch review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"Great Products and Service - Datawatch works with you as if your task is their top priority"

What do you like best?

I have been working with Datawatch for eleven years now and their service just continues to get better and better. Their staff takes your task /project personally and they work quickly to find a resolution for whatever questions you have. They are so personable that they reach out from time to time to make sure that all of your needs are being met. I love that they host training classes where you can bring projects to them if you are facing issues and they have multiple online tools that help you stay informed about new features and products.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many complaints. The only negative I can think of is that the initial cost of the systems is a bit high but it does pay for itself with time since the process becomes automated. You no longer need a staff member to perform the daily tasks manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to ways to save time on lengthy manual tasks such as exporting data from flat files into an Excel spreadsheet or reconciling reports, this tool is extremely beneficial.

When using Monarch Complete, I am able to take a task that would normally take hours to complete and return results within minutes. We also are starting to use Automator and this will fully automate these processes so that we can better utilize our time for more analytical work instead of data mining.

Datawatch review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"Great products for data mining"

What do you like best?

The ability to mine data from various sources and file types. Datawatch products also allow you to manipulate data in many ways without accidentally corrupting the source data. This is one feature that separates it from Excel, Access and other data manipulation software.

What do you dislike?

Licensing fee structure and cost.

Product is not intuitive. You have to have some training to get the full value from the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase training if you are new to the product. Also sign up for the official forums. There is a wealth of knowledge on solving unique problems.

Utilizing Datawatch Monarch on a daily basis to convert financial reports from various agencies to a usable format. Counting, combining, summing information and tying tables together for analysis. Using the information to provide reports for clients.

Datawatch review by Joseph T.
Joseph T.

"Datawatch Analytics Platform provides me intuitive insight into my data to make informed decisions"

What do you like best?

I really like the data mining and data visualization capabilities, as well as the ability to take data from virtually any source, cleanse it, and send it off to virtually any other source or application.

What do you dislike?

Since migrating from the ever popular Monarch Pro 10.5 to Versions 11,12, and currently 13 on a .NET framework, the local memory usage of the application has risen quite a bit. I would like to see better memory allocation of the software to not bog down the system as much. I recently upgraded my computer to 16GB of RAM, and this has certainly alleviated many of my concerns.

I would also very much like to see this product usable in other environments, whether it is a native Linux environment as I know there are many users like myself that prefer that operating system, and the core stability and power of it.

The other, probably more popular alternative in this day and age, would be to see this utilized as cloud applications so regardless of the platform, the users have full capabilities wherever they are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation for anyone that needs to get at data from some of the most difficult sources, try Datawatch Monarch. It has provided me some of the quickest turnarounds from data sources that would otherwise be impossible to retrieve manually. It is really a time saver when time is most critical .

The key aspect of what Datawatch has helped deliver is simple... Get the Data...Understand the Data... Share the Data. What once was very cumbersome with old legacy system reports, we can now harness the information these reports contain, and distribute them to the people that make the decisions, and give them quality and the knowledge they can trust what they are looking at.

Datawatch review by Natalie M.
Natalie M.

"Great Software for PDF and PRN conversion to Excel format."

What do you like best?

Models are simple to create and easy to apply.

Quick to use once the initial models are set up.

Best software for converting PDFs to excel format and consolidating multiple files into one report.

Very useful for multi-layered PRN report conversion into Excel format, and handles large datasets better than excel. The calculated columns are useful to provide a full excel report in one file, and creation of models allows the repetitive tasks to be carried out quickly and easily once the models are created.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the licenses is quite high. It feels like our rep is always trying a sales pitch and chasing me when I have already told him the purchase decision is not up to me. It was be nicer if he was less pushy.

Its a shame that you can't choose whether the settings come from the user or model when dealing with multiple regions. If EU/US and UK users could use the same model, but take their user settings to dictate date/time/number format then this would be a great improvement rather than having to create multiple models to do the same thing. I hope they do not remove classic mode because the data preparation studio does not replace it completely. Classic mode is a lot easier to use on a regular basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Negotiate price

Greater efficiency with PDF and PRN conversion to Excel format. Handles large data sets quickly and easily.

Datawatch review by Administrator

"Automatation"

What do you like best?

Monarch and automation really does make your work more efficient. It saves a lot of manual work from having to be done. I can have processes picking up and running files before I come into work, having it ready for me right away.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes projects will crash and not work correctly in Monarch. Automator is a bit glitch-y at times and I have to log on and off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try to see if it is the correct fit.

Datawatch helps us solve our incentive side of the business, we are able to gather and put together incentive data much quicker and more accurately. Having the ability to collect data from multiple sources is great.

Datawatch review by Dirk S.
Dirk S.

"Monarch Classic is my swiss army knife."

What do you like best?

Powerful and flexible data mining software with tools that also allows it to function sort of as a cross between a spreadsheet and a database. Works well with MS Excel and Access.

I give Datawatch high marks for their training manual. I've worked through it multiple times through v4 to v12 and it is very well written. Most of the skills I've acquired from the manual. If you have the time to go through the exercises then will have most of the tools you need to use the Monarch to the fullest.

What do you dislike?

Some efficiency was lost in exchange for more power when they went from v11 to v12 (there is a v13 that may have fixed some of the things that I find irritating). It is a bit pricey. Customer service overall has been good, but there has been a bump or two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to devote time to learn the software. Training isn't widely available and some functions aren't intuitive.

Mining data from PDF and Text files, primarily for use in reporting to investors and in performing bank reconciliations.

Datawatch review by Tracy G.
Tracy G.

"Monarch Complete Helped Me Turn a Project into a Process...Finally"

What do you like best?

The ability to work with various different types of files (i.e. xlsx, csv, delimited files (pipe delimiter), SQL databases, Salesforce - and the list goes on and on).

What do you dislike?

I like to "experiment" and I have found that that does not always work as expected in Monarch - which has invalidated several of my tables/workspaces before Complete v14 was released, that is. I have yet to put the new undo features to good used, but I expect to soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an application that can extract data from pdf reports or from almost any other source for analytics, then you need to evaluate this application to see if it fits all your needs. I especially like the Data Prep Studio application, as it is very robust and offers similar functionality to a database, like SQL.

As mentioned in the title of my review, Monarch Complete helped turn one of my longest running projects into a quarterly process that I can run without issue. The project involved cost basis reconciliation (reconcile clients' investment cost basis in comparison to the custodian's reported cost basis) and it was "on my plate" for over 6 years before I discovered Monarch Complete. My firm purchased Complete in March 2016 and by August 2016 I had completely developed the reconciliation process and "ran it through the rigors". Monarch Complete handled it with ease. (Details: This process involves concatenating 20 separate text based files from one of our custodian's and then comparing that data to the same data from our portfolio accounting system. The first run identified over 4,000 rows of lot-level cost basis data that required correction within our portfolio accounting system. I have run this process now 3 times since the initial run and each time it gets easier. And the best part of this is, the workspace I developed to handle the concatenation of all those files works without fail each time. It is truly a "set and forget" concept!

Datawatch review by Consultant in Human Resources
Consultant in Human Resources

"One of a Kind PDF Data Extractor"

What do you like best?

It's the only software that can so comprehensively analyze PDF data and extract it into meaningful data. There really is no other solution that exists which can pull data reliably and consistently. Once it's been properly set up, automations make it a breeze to routinely perform tasks that require data manipulation from third parties.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of set up and testing to get reliable data and it can be tricky to identify flaws in your build until a costly mistake reveals the truth. For this reason its not suitable for one-off situations, you really must balance out the ROI on building a scraper template rather than having a data entry clerk manually extract data. Unfortunately, it's not some magic application that you can dump files into and get digestable outputs.

working with third party vendors and clients that use non-integrated software, we have to manipulate their files to integrate into our software applications. this is usually meant for recurring situations whether theyre with the same clients or just populate software in our industry that is not integrated with our tools.

Datawatch review by User

"Data mining using Monarch"

What do you like best?

Ability to process tons of data quickly.

What do you dislike?

Newer version has more keystrokes than other version. I've been using Monarch since 1996 and older versions relatively had better keystroke functions.Otherwise general functions are the same.

Also, in the search function, you need to indicate search up or down at any given point. What if you have a file with thousand of records and you have to search records in a non-sorted order? Can't the program always go to top-of-file and then search?

Recommendations to others considering the product

SW has become prohibitive though. Previous single-user versions cost $350 perdisk. Now subscription cost is $1,000 per year!! Imagine if you had many users in the organization.

Practically use Monarch for all reporting as our existing ERP report writer functions not as efficient.

Datawatch review by James M.
James M.

"Best product for extracting data from reports and a reasonable cost."

What do you like best?

It allows our company to extract usable data from text based reports so they can be imported into our SQL database, Including text, PDF's, Some DAT files and others.

What do you dislike?

It still struggles with PDF data extraction, still better than other options,

We are compressing the amount of labor time it takes to transform text based reports into usable data.

Datawatch review by Michal J.
Michal J.

"Monarch Pro slices and dices your reports."

What do you like best?

Taking dynamic reports and being able to parse and filter them in meaningful ways right into Excel, Access or Oracle. Setting up multiple models allows one report to have dynamic exports to maximize impact to the receiver of the data.

What do you dislike?

Subscription based licensing, would love to see stand alone versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial, get in contact with Datawatch. There are free training gatherings that shall display the potential and you can make sure it is the product you need.

We are parsing revenue reports that are 200-400 pages long in seconds and pulling the relevant data sets based on multiple criteria to power other reports for the decision makers.

Datawatch review by User in Financial Services

"Data Preparation & Automation Empowerment without IT Support"

What do you like best?

Without the need for an IT project or IT resources I am able to access all the Data/Information I need to analyze whatever needs to be analyzed and researched within our enterprise. It is a liberating experience. I also love the fact that my work is repeatable once created.

What do you dislike?

We currently have version 13 of Data Prep Studio which has been unable to support large data sets (upwards of 500K records). I believe this is no longer an issue with version 14.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the YouTube videos to get inspired and follow along for practice. Also join the Datawatch Community so you can engage with other users of the product.

Personally Monarch is saving me conservatively 2-3 hours a day in data acquisition and preparation. In addition to the time savings we have been able to prevent fraud losses by better profiling and identifying bad membership profiles. Estimates in savings are in the six figure range per project.

Datawatch review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Datawatch Monarch has been an amazing time saver!"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like the best is the ability to take a text document that comes from our front end systems, create a template/model and be able to extract the exact information that is needed to process monthly filings.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike the most is the lack of onsite trainings although the support offered by Datawatch is very helpful and always quick to respond. One other thing that I dislike is the amount of time that it takes to process a report through the Prep Studio. Until our computers get upgraded to the point where it can handle that much data at one time, we are unable to use that feature to its fullest capability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to be able to most efficiently analyze data received through reports from your ERP or other software programs, Monarch is an amazing tool.

The main business problem that we've worked with Datawatch on is ways that we can reduce time spent on analyzing data received from our front end systems. By using Monarch, we have been able to reduce this time significantly and almost immediately.

Datawatch review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Datawatch"

What do you like best?

Visual changes. Change history gives so much flexibility. Ability to save so much time and energy and collaborate easily.

What do you dislike?

Buggy, uses a lot of memory so crashes often. New report design in DPS is great, but would like to see search functions (Control + F). Sample text also gets stuck and doesn't scroll left & right sometimes.

We take our clients' legacy reports and efficiently convert into our import format. No need to teach the client how to fill out, wait a long time for it to come back, and then have to fix the data and communicate back and forth. Increased accuracy and control over our project timelines. We've saved over 3600 hours of effort in 7 months with less than 20 people using it.

Datawatch review by Mike E.
Mike E.

"Happy with Datawatch"

What do you like best?

We use Monarch as well as the automater server. We like being able to automate the routine imports that we do which makes the process much more reliable.

What do you dislike?

Overall we are happy with our purchase. We have had a couple of GUI issues with the automater but support was helpful and the problem should be fixed in a future release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are powerful tools to process data and automate the tasks. We used to have multiple people responsible for massaging the incoming data. Now it is a reliable and automated process.

We receive regular exports from multiple sources that we need to bring into our database and report on.

Datawatch review by Tara A.
Tara A.

"Amazing Experience"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and customize for any and every project that I have had so far!

What do you dislike?

Do not like dragging PDF's in. Sometimes it works well and other times its time consuming to get the columns to pick up like needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend! Amazing products, amazing service!

Have been able to create and customize work flows for employees to follow up on accounts. Very beneficial because it saves not only myself but everyone in the office a lot of time!

Datawatch review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"I have been a Monarch-Datawatch user for 20 years."

What do you like best?

Its ability to mine data from multiple file formats. I like its ability to use character based parsing functions to split or concatenate data fields.

What do you dislike?

Monarch releases new versions too frequently. Its pricing has increased substantially since I became a user.

Various data mining projects for audit purposes.

Datawatch review by Ian N.
Ian N.

"Powerfull, high end software. "

What do you like best?

Great UI and customer support is more than willing to help when issues do arise. I parse large amounts of vendor data through Monarch and then export the synthesized data to excel. The software easily picks up information fields and speeds up operation time immensely.

What do you dislike?

The high cost prices out most consumers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial version first to make sure it's what you want. There are other solutions out there and know Datawatch is a premium service.

Aggregating large volumes of "poor" data sets into synthesized and malleable excel sheets.

Datawatch review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Datawatch Monarch Review"

What do you like best?

I love using Monarch to gather reports from multiple sources and transform them into usable files.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have issues with reports that are not uniformly formatted or need to combine multiple reports into summaries, then Monarch is what you need.

Combining multiple reports into usable data and able to save those every month tasks into projects that can be performed with one click of a button. The process has streamlined my entire compliance function.

Datawatch review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"Classic for QAuick Conversion"

What do you like best?

Monarch Classic makes it possible for me to quickly convert PDF's and proprietary system reports into useful data.

What do you dislike?

Often updates to the Monarch change or eliminate options that were previously useful. I do not like that upgrades are need to use options that were previously free

Data conversion. Save me hours each day.

"Vice President"

What do you like best?

Once a model is established, retrieving data thereafter is quite simple.

What do you dislike?

complex models can take more time in creating but worth the investment in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to learn the product and experiment with complex situations. The sooner you become an expert, you'll see increases in efficiency and workflow processes.

extracting data from reports not otherwise available per perform reporting and analysis

Datawatch review by William J. E.
William J. E.

"My Monarch Experience"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to easily convert PDFs into Excel based documents to be able to better analyze the information.

What do you dislike?

When multiple PDFs are uploaded, it makes the program slow, but still usable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company often uses PDFs and could use them better as Excel cocs, this program may be helpful to you.

We are converting point of sale PDFs and Excel docs to a more usable format, and we have seen better labor efficency because of it.

Datawatch review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Seamlessly compile and review reports"

What do you like best?

The ability to build reports and quickly rebuild them every month to trend data. It also allows the joining of data from separate sources and build insights that you wouldn't be able to with out the product.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if you were able to do more time value of money calculations. There needs to be some NPV, PMT calculations, etc. I would like to be able to format reports so they wouldn't need to be put into excel prior to submission to management.

We are better able to quickly identify trends and build reports for management.

Datawatch review by Marie M.
Marie M.

"Process improvements"

What do you like best?

the functionalities of being able to organize and extract raw data from multiple sources.

What do you dislike?

there isn't anything within application that is disliked

the ease of use , and functionality to extract raw data from multiple sources and filtering

Datawatch review by Yen V.
Yen V.

"Very good product for data parsing, just haven't had the time needed to thoroughly use the product"

What do you like best?

Makes tedious things of the past easy now

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more tutorials for data parsing

Data parsing. Faster data parsing.

Datawatch review by User in Financial Services

"A great time-saving tool"

What do you like best?

It was easy enough to begin using the product immediately for simple reports. Many of the functions were easy to figure out, and the local training seminar held shortly after our purchase enabled us to begin using the product very quickly.

What do you dislike?

When dealing with non-standard reports, the auto define options tend to miss fields requiring a more in-depth knowledge of data prep. Unfortunately, the help files are a bit too vague on some topics to be of much help.

We bought the product to assist with prepping billing files. In the few months that we've had the product, it has paid for itself in improving our ability to bill more efficiently.

Datawatch review by Internal Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Internal Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Datawatch - nice product but licensing is an issue"

What do you like best?

I like that the software has the ability to mine data from multiple sources as well as different data types.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the licensing system and the method by which they generate activation codes, if you do not keep up maintenance and your PC dies, they will not assist you to reinstall the product with its code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a good look around, product is excellent, but very expensive and the licensing mechanism if you do not pay for maintenance is problematic at best.

It allows you to mine the data from multiple sources and provide a concise report suitable for executives or staff.

Datawatch review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Very nice software"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the extensive data cleaning capability and the user friendly environment. I think the environment is quite intuitive

What do you dislike?

I have had a few experiences with the program lagging a bit especially with larger files. I am not sure how avoidable this is but saving time is always helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software to have and easy to use. Go for it!

Data cleaning and preparing for visualization. Loading unformatted data. We have saved a ton of time through automating unformatted text documents into workable data.

Datawatch review by Amish P.
Amish P.

"It was amazing"

What do you like best?

The speakers where very knowledgeable and presented the material in a perfect pace.

What do you dislike?

I had little to dislike. But, if there was anything I would say the price for license is a bit steep and is going to take some convincing to get approved.

We are able to solve various business problems when it comes to importing large text files into a readable format.

Datawatch review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"From an IT standpoint..."

What do you like best?

Datawatch is unique in the sense that it is able to handle vast data and model reports.

What do you dislike?

Supporting Datawatch from a license standpoint didn't work well in our Department however we are now implementing a server on site.

Previously, we had to activate and deactivate every license manually. If we forgot to deactivate a license (say the computer crashed or the computer was wiped), then there is no way to deactivate or manage the license without contacting Datawatch. Even then, Datawatch is unable to deactivate that exact license. With that said, we are now making a server for enterprise licensing.

Datawatch review by Internal Consultant in Retail
Internal Consultant in Retail

"Datawatch Monarch is like magic"

What do you like best?

The ability to create usable data from typically unusable sources.

What do you dislike?

The program lacks effective tutorials, but once you get the hang of it, it is very easy to use.

We collect point of sale data(including hard copy receipt rolls) from dozens of different source types and can easily manipulate them to match up with each other for large scale analyses.

Datawatch review by Consultant

"Gets the job done."

What do you like best?

It has eliminated a huge gap in our internal processes - we are able to complete work more efficient.

What do you dislike?

There is a huge learning curve and too many products. I prefer to use Dataprep but feel like training is for Classic, Swarm, AND dataprep. I just need to know one

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do online training before meeting with a Datawatch rep

Getting information into an importable format. We also use it for audits to make sure things are correct.

Datawatch review by Joe L.
Joe L.

"Accessing the 'blind spot' of data, the data that's trapped within text based files. "

What do you like best?

They have a range of applications, from ETL, Data Mining, Content Management, and Data Visualization. Their solutions work best for industries that still struggle with managing, extracting and analyzing semi-structured, text based content.

What do you dislike?

Their tool sets require a skill set that is not widely available such as with more widely used products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Datawatch supplies a range of products that support a source of data widely ignored and overlooked. The alternative is more database ready sources of data, but incur an additional cost to produce.

Datawatch in the last three years has redeveloped their platforms onto a more traditional .NET framework, and have also added new offerings such as Data Visualization.

Our system of record produces two types of output, the first being most prevalent are canned, semi-structured, text based reports. The logic, data elements and calculations, have been predefined and programmed into the system of record, with little to no transparency. Essentially making these reports the source of truth in many business processes.

The core benefit has been cost, giving self service back to business users, instead of rebuilding reports from raw data sources. This allows us to focus on filling the true gaps in reporting and analytics.

Datawatch applications once deployed has allowed us to get to this data for multiple purposes. Providing to end users in a much more business friendly format (like Excel) and providing to a data warehouse for application development or for more mature reporting such as (SSRS). The introduction of Data Visualization into their product offering allows us to leverage the existing data to perform better analysis of data.

Datawatch review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Amazing data transformation power"

What do you like best?

The ability to automate data import and cleaning is a game changer. The fact that the automator can work without needed user intervention to run it allows the user to focus on much more value-add tasks.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to eliminate unwanted changes from the memory tool when creating models.

Being able to convert data presented in useless stings of garbage into meaningful usable data makes reporting a thousand times easier and faster.

Datawatch review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Review for Datawatch Monarch"

What do you like best?

The ability to consolidate data from multiple different formats into an effective data source.

What do you dislike?

The timed licenses and subscription services are a bit pricey and can cause a delay in service if not handled timely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time and learn what the product can do for you. It has multiple functions and allows you to think outside the box.

Taking data in different formats and getting it into one useable format that can be placed into other systems. This has provided endless value to our processes.

Datawatch review by Amy F.
Amy F.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

An easy way to pull data from pdf reports

What do you dislike?

can be a bit complicated to use some functionality for people who aren't tech savvy

Recommendations to others considering the product

get the training offered

Report analysis and manipulation that used to take hours now takes minutes.

Datawatch review by Agency in Government Administration
Agency in Government Administration

"Datawatch Customer Feedback"

What do you like best?

Datawatch is a company that stay in tune with technology and allows looking to improve their software for Customers.

What do you dislike?

Their is nothing to dislike about this Company thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your company to exale and continue moving forward in today's technology world, Datawatch is the way to go. Customer Service friendly and always available to assist with your needs.

Datawatch helps up download or State Department charges into a reporting feedback so we can report to Treasury.

Datawatch review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Great tool if you have time to learn it!"

What do you like best?

Capability of what you can do with it can be very useful!

What do you dislike?

You have to really take time to learn the program. This is not a set up and go type of system.

Data extraction and manipulation

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

The capability and accuracy of the software to convert text or pdf into excel

What do you dislike?

I have no comments on this topic about the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to use this product

I have many reports from the spool file as text and pdf and setting up models in Monarch or prep studio has improved he efficiency of conversion into excel reports.

"good program"

What do you like best?

the capabilities, I am still learning them, but from seeing some of the samples it can do, I am excited to learn about them.

What do you dislike?

sometimes its too complex. hard to understand initially

Recommendations to others considering the product

you will need a lot of training to make sure you use it effectively

Budget and reports, instead of using excel. Also parsing data from our ERP called Meditech.

Datawatch review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Software review"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to share information, we used it to compare where fish were located and shared the data to local fishermen.

What do you dislike?

It was not a good platform for sharing data between companies but good within a company

Recommendations to others considering the product

IF you need a data site that easily shares informatics I do not reccom

Tracking where fish are from day to day to make fishing easier

Datawatch review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Fantastic tool for data preparation"

What do you like best?

Been using the trial on a few BI and data prep projects and it is great !.

What do you dislike?

I had an issue that I needed tech support on. Sadly nobody got back to me. I guess I need to be a paid customer to receive any form of support :-(

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualify the quality of support.

Data prep tasks such as cleaning, column splitting, data joining across multiple sources.

Datawatch review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"the online support I received in chat was great and fixed my issues"

What do you like best?

the chat support was fast and efficient easy to find online and the agent was extremely knowledgeable

What do you dislike?

not having the information readily available through asking support and finding chat online - this resolved install and licensing issues on a new pc for a user that transferred pcs

our end users use it to analayze data from excel quickly and efficiently

Datawatch review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Controller"

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of the product to work with various input sources. It increases my productivity immensely by converting flat file reports into usable data sets.

What do you dislike?

The price is high for single users, should consider a lower price point.

I use the product to transform various static text reports into excel spreadsheets for data analysis.

Datawatch review by User

"Datawatch Monarch - A SUPERIOR product for all data extraction and mining needs"

What do you like best?

the power of taking large amounts of data and the ability to simplify it quickly into a quick summary

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program bombs if you attempt to give it too much data...

Summarizing paid claims data - HUGE increase in efficiency AND accuracy in reporting these numbers.

Datawatch review by Administrator

"Easy to use and gets me the results i need"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, gets me the results i want and it is not very time consuming.

What do you dislike?

Some of the boxes in the classic mode heed to be expanded to see what is going on or the tile of the field

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it, you will love it!!

Easy to get results from many different data sources

Datawatch review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Frustrating"

What do you like best?

I love the product - however there is not enough documentation on upgrading from 10.5 to v14.

What do you dislike?

Not enough documentation. Need a step by step video on how to convert to version 14.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From the presentations I've attended - very excited about the future of the product.

Breakdown of Accounts Payable expenses and Budgeting details.

"Very Useful Tools"

What do you like best?

The ability to format data to spreadsheet from text reports.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that it is slow to open initially.

The ability to process and analyze reports via spreadsheet data where before we had to do all of this by hand.

Datawatch review by User

"Datawatch Monarch is a great product and always good to find out better ways to use the product."

What do you like best?

Monarch is a great tool and is very user friendly

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a dislike at this time,

Pulling large data sets from different systems. Savings of time in pulling reports together that Excel would be crippled in linking the reports together.

Datawatch review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Very useful to parse reports"

What do you like best?

Flexible, easy to use, replicable, scalable. It saves a significant amount of time.

What do you dislike?

Somehow difficult to parse multiple line reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best to have a few very well trained users to create models and projects.

recurring reports that are not formatted to extract data

Datawatch review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Data Extraction "

What do you like best?

The ease of which to create templates for data extraction from virtually any document.

What do you dislike?

Some drop downs are not as intuitive as I would like them to be.

We use this to create mailing lists for outgoing newsletters, as well as documents to other business partners.

"Unique Product"

What do you like best?

It is a very flexible product. There are few products out there that can do what this does.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more training available on video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get with other users.

Extracting data from legacy systems ad hoc.

"Very Useful"

What do you like best?

I use Monarch for data modeling and it's gotten more intuitive to use. The automatic recognition features are great as well.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had a problem with the software

Converting text or pdf files to excel format

Datawatch review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Loaded Monarch onto a server"

What do you like best?

The support was quick and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

I didn't have any problems at all throughout the process.

Another department is primarily using Monarch to analyze various pieces of data and correlate them.

Datawatch review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Monarch enables the company to pull data even from a flat file."

What do you like best?

The ability to pull data from a report to create an Excel spreadsheet.

What do you dislike?

Monarch can be slow and cumbersome at times.

The ability to pull data from multiple sources and from flat files.

Datawatch review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Financial Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Financial Services

"Datawatch Review"

What do you like best?

Slice and Dice any data point from PDFs. iT IS MAINLY FOR operations,

What do you dislike?

Not intuitive display and new features are sometimes complicated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool

Operations. All company.

Learn more about Datawatch

Datawatch Videos

Learning about Datawatch?

* We monitor all Datawatch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.