Datawatch

Datawatch

The data intelligence solutions provider that will fuel your business. Only Datawatch can confidently position individuals and organizations to master all data – no matter the origin, format or narrative – resulting in faster time to insight, driving the use of more data, fostering more trust and incorporating more minds into analytics and reporting projects.

Work for Datawatch?

Learning about Datawatch?

Datawatch Reviews

Ask Datawatch a Question
Showing 40 Datawatch reviews
Datawatch review by <span>Austin P.</span>
Austin P.

Must Have Software

What do you like best?

Simplicity, look and feel, and overall speed when working with moderately sized files. I tend to use this software on a daily basis to convert files that were previously unusable to a format that can be used in our analysis. The biggest feature that I use is the use of regular expressions to trap data. This is a very powerful tool.

What do you dislike?

The software does tend to crash when joining multiple files that are in excess of a million rows of data. I'm on 32-bit version which is likely the cause of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend going with Datawatch. I would encourage the admin to first find people within the business that have a drive to learn to be an expert with the software because it has unlimited uses if you work at it.

Converting unusable PDF and report type files into flat files that can be analyzed and used for other purposes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Datawatch
Datawatch review by <span>Edgar S.</span>
Edgar S.

Datawatch Review

What do you like best?

the capabilities of preparing data. The customer support experience that they provide is very good. Support has been able to help me with all the cases that I opened and they track the progress until everything is resolved. I also like the sales team who was very active and supportive when purchasing the software. They are also have been involved in the deployment activity.

What do you dislike?

there are still many bugs in the software. There are errors when importing files. It seems that many things are still in development. I also have problems with the lack of training opportunities. Datawatch Monarch is a good software and it is difficult to use and setup. Having better training options could make life easier for everyone and make the most out of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try to get training on it and try to get a support personnel when setting up things for first time.

preparing data for Tableau. We are receiving data from multiple sources and we are trying to accommodate them inside a constant format so that we can reuse the different Tableau workbooks that we have created. We also like that Datawatch is helping us to make this process automatic with the Automator. There are several inputs files from our customers and they can come at any time. Therefore it is necessary to have a service that could allow us to identify when new data has been put into the system and process it automatically.

What Self-Service Business Intelligence solution do you use?

Datawatch review by <span>Summer P.</span>
Summer P.

Data Manipulation for Taxes

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create various templates for the different PDF files I receive from the various entities. It is also really easy to use on different files if I get something other than PDF - I am not limited in what I can use Datawatch for or on.

What do you dislike?

There are a few entities that don't have a consistent format and this doesn't always extract the data cleanly from those. It takes a bit more manipulation and effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to extract data that is pretty uniform in format in the document, then this is definitely worth it. Even with the need to extract from various parts of the document, or different formats - PDF, word, excel, and others - this can do it. I like being able to have different templates for the different files as well.

We use the files for tax purposes and previously it could take two to three days to convert, extract, clean and insert into a database a single file. When I started using Datawatch, it went from 2 to 3 days, to about 10 to 15 minutes. This allows me to be more productive and efficient in my day, allowing me to complete more of my daily tasks and roles.

Datawatch review by <span>Joseph T.</span>
Joseph T.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Datawatch Analytics Platform provides me intuitive insight into my data to make informed decisions

What do you like best?

I really like the data mining and data visualization capabilities, as well as the ability to take data from virtually any source, cleanse it, and send it off to virtually any other source or application.

What do you dislike?

Since migrating from the ever popular Monarch Pro 10.5 to Versions 11,12, and currently 13 on a .NET framework, the local memory usage of the application has risen quite a bit. I would like to see better memory allocation of the software to not bog down the system as much. I recently upgraded my computer to 16GB of RAM, and this has certainly alleviated many of my concerns.

I would also very much like to see this product usable in other environments, whether it is a native Linux environment as I know there are many users like myself that prefer that operating system, and the core stability and power of it.

The other, probably more popular alternative in this day and age, would be to see this utilized as cloud applications so regardless of the platform, the users have full capabilities wherever they are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation for anyone that needs to get at data from some of the most difficult sources, try Datawatch Monarch. It has provided me some of the quickest turnarounds from data sources that would otherwise be impossible to retrieve manually. It is really a time saver when time is most critical .

The key aspect of what Datawatch has helped deliver is simple... Get the Data...Understand the Data... Share the Data. What once was very cumbersome with old legacy system reports, we can now harness the information these reports contain, and distribute them to the people that make the decisions, and give them quality and the knowledge they can trust what they are looking at.

Datawatch review by <span>Natalie M.</span>
Natalie M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great Software for PDF and PRN conversion to Excel format.

What do you like best?

Models are simple to create and easy to apply.

Quick to use once the initial models are set up.

Best software for converting PDFs to excel format and consolidating multiple files into one report.

Very useful for multi-layered PRN report conversion into Excel format, and handles large datasets better than excel. The calculated columns are useful to provide a full excel report in one file, and creation of models allows the repetitive tasks to be carried out quickly and easily once the models are created.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the licenses is quite high. It feels like our rep is always trying a sales pitch and chasing me when I have already told him the purchase decision is not up to me. It was be nicer if he was less pushy.

Its a shame that you can't choose whether the settings come from the user or model when dealing with multiple regions. If EU/US and UK users could use the same model, but take their user settings to dictate date/time/number format then this would be a great improvement rather than having to create multiple models to do the same thing. I hope they do not remove classic mode because the data preparation studio does not replace it completely. Classic mode is a lot easier to use on a regular basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Negotiate price

Greater efficiency with PDF and PRN conversion to Excel format. Handles large data sets quickly and easily.

Datawatch review by <span>Dirk S.</span>
Dirk S.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Monarch Classic is my swiss army knife.

What do you like best?

Powerful and flexible data mining software with tools that also allows it to function sort of as a cross between a spreadsheet and a database. Works well with MS Excel and Access.

I give Datawatch high marks for their training manual. I've worked through it multiple times through v4 to v12 and it is very well written. Most of the skills I've acquired from the manual. If you have the time to go through the exercises then will have most of the tools you need to use the Monarch to the fullest.

What do you dislike?

Some efficiency was lost in exchange for more power when they went from v11 to v12 (there is a v13 that may have fixed some of the things that I find irritating). It is a bit pricey. Customer service overall has been good, but there has been a bump or two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to devote time to learn the software. Training isn't widely available and some functions aren't intuitive.

Mining data from PDF and Text files, primarily for use in reporting to investors and in performing bank reconciliations.

Learn more about Datawatch

Datawatch Videos

Learning about Datawatch?

* We monitor all Datawatch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.