Datto Backupify

Provider of backup and recovery solutions for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications including Google Docs and Salesforce.com.

Work for Datto Backupify?

Learning about Backupify?

Datto Backupify Reviews

Ask Backupify a Question
Showing 18 Backupify reviews
Backupify review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Nearly unusable"

What do you like best?

The fact that there's a cancel my account option.

What do you dislike?

Where to start? Support is non existent which straight up in and of its self makes this product a no go for any self respecting business. The interface is SO SLOW and SO TERRIBLY designed. Don't take my word for it, sign up and try it out, it's absolutely horrendous!

In general it's a horridly confused interface that is slow (like you click login and it takes 10 seconds before there's any indication that clicking the login button has worked, it only gets worse from there) and things just don't seem to work. I setup a backup job, authorized it's access in office 365 and user accounts were displayed in backupify, I told it to just automatically backup all accounts, sweet happy days. Log back in the next day to be greeted with the setup a job page, it was literally like I had just started a new account from scratch.. not happy and when I chased this up with support, I pushed on for a little over a week of them not returning my calls, not following up on my emails (other than the automated responses) and at the end of the day when someone finally got back to me (by email and not phone call which was requested about a dozen times) all they had to say was "looks like you haven't setup a job" - no shit sherlock! anyway, avoid this product like the plague. Maybe it'll come good but why bother when there's better solutions already out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't commit to it until you've trialed it. I'm in a situation where I was forced into using this product and it is the absolute worst thing I have used in a long time.

Backupify doesn't solve problems, it introduces them. Time is money and the time you'll burn trying to get this solution to work makes it not worth choosing over one of the many other solutions out there that whilst might be a little more expensive it's like the old saying goes: you get what you pay for.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Datto Backupify
Backupify review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Datto Backupify for peace of mind"

What do you like best?

Datto Backupify allows for backup of Office 365 sharepoint and team sites which is nice to have. For small companies who want to store all their data on office 365 this provides an extra layer of protection in case data gets corrupted or accidentally deleted.

What do you dislike?

While email restoring works well, the sharepoint file restore seems pretty messy. The folder views are not user friendly. The user interface, while simplistic is not very intuitive. If you want to manually manage users, moving them back and for is time consuming and can get confusing if a user is being backed up or not.

Lastly, the whole backupify site is very slow. loading pages can take a long time and sometimes require a reload. This is just from my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, it gets the job done and provides the extra peace of mind in case something goes missing.

Peace of mind Office 365 email and data backup for all of our Office 365 customers.

What Backup solution do you use?

Backupify review by Allen M.
Allen M.

"The best solution every time. "

What do you like best?

I love the combination of bare metal image backups over a network interface. This has been Datto's claim to fame and has worked wonders for our clients. The web interface is easy to use but does not leave out features and is in no way clunky. You get all the information you need right on the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

The local storage capacity could be higher but this isn't a big deal because Datto's cloud storage has plenty of room.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. It's the right decision. Datto is less expensive than its competitors. Datto offers better performance than its competitors. Their products have really wowed everyone we've sold them to and we'd choose them over Carbonite ten times out of ten.

While we have yet to resurrect a machine with the image, the backup suite has been extremely helpful in retrieving files that would otherwise be lost.

Backupify review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Full-featured backup for Google Apps for Education"

What do you like best?

Backupify provides full backup for every element of a Google Apps account: Mail, Drive, Calendar, Contacts, and Sites. It allows us to keep all of our critical data in Drive without the need for a backup server. We can set which accounts are backed up and which aren't very easily.

What do you dislike?

The queuing for restore can take a long time, although Datto has told us they can work with us to speed up critical retrievals. Bulk account adds and changes are beholden to what Google themselves allow, so bulk adds and changes generally have to be done with .csv's emailed to their support, which so far has worked for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that Google Apps for Education has unlimited file storage. We tried to go with a limited data plan with Datto, and went way over within 6 months. Their Unlimited user/Unlimited storage plan is more expensive, but perfect for us because Google at this point in time does not have settable drive quotas. Also be aware that Datto by default wants to back up every account in every OU.

We are backing up all of our critical data, including e-mail, without the use of physical backup servers or network storage devices.

Backupify review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"The "set it and forget it" backup solution and piece of mind we needed!"

What do you like best?

We are using the Backupify for Salesforce product line. We're very happy with the incredibly easy setup process, and the fact that we can also backup all of our sandboxes without having to pay for additional licensing on top of our production costs. Whenever we've had questions, the support team is very fast to respond, friendly, and knowledgeable in the product to help us. We haven't had to do many restorations yet, but in testing out the restore and download features, they were also very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

We have no dislikes with the service thus far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think of it like an insurance policy, because you'll undoubtedly get questioned on whether the spend is really necessary "because we've never needed anything like this before". Don't wait until after you need a backup and it's too late. The first time you have to use it, it will probably justify it's ROI on the spot, especially if it's to fix a large problem.

Backupify is an insurance policy to solve a business problem we never hope to encounter: data loss or corruption. Our Salesforce CRM is the heatbeat of our sales and service teams, and should we ever have any data loss or corruption, or even if someone just makes an "oops" in the system, we have peace of mind knowing that we can easily restore the data needed from a Backupify backup.

Backupify review by Eric L. J.
Eric L. J.

"Perfect for Google Apps"

What do you like best?

We have been using Backupify since September of 2010. The integration of Backupify into Google Apps is seamless and inexpensive. Every backup we've pulled for archival purposes has been easy and painless. The social media backup is just a plus. The tech support can take a bit to get back to you for certain issues, but they have always gotten back to us in the right amount of time correlating to the urgency of the issue.

What do you dislike?

Backupify was purchased by Datto, I do believe. I noticed that some of the personal touch left, but we only notice because we are a small business that thrives on giving a personal touch to all that we do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We can only give testimony to the ease of use for Backupify to backup Google Apps and Social Media accounts. If you have something else to backup, please contact Backupify or look into other reviews.

Even Google can go down or employees can delete items, not to mention all of the malicious activity on the Internet. We use backup as an easily downloadable archive and for worst-case scenarios. Backupify fulfills this need and at a very reasonable cost.

Backupify review by Laurel G.
Laurel G.

"Backupify makes it easy to roll back data"

What do you like best?

It is incredibly easy to install Backupify with new G Suite accounts when we do the setup for clients.

What do you dislike?

Because it runs in the background and is so seamless, clients often forget it is there!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent margins for resellers.

Added value to our managed service provider business.

Backupify review by User in Computer Software

"Very important for any business that's dependent on a cloud storage solution"

What do you like best?

My backup has another backup and in case my storage solution fails I can always retrieve it.

What do you dislike?

The pricing could be a bit better. I would also want better guarantees about my data backup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare with Spanning backup and compare the different features both of these services differ on. Backupify has been an industry leader so it is very reliable, however.

The only problem is that you may not need a license for each employee in the company, and Backupify should make it easier to debundle licenses to allow being judicious in terms of number of licenses to buyy.

Reliability as well as data protection.

Backupify review by Joe Z.
Joe Z.

"My personal Datto review. "

What do you like best?

The cloud transfer and support are on top of their game.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that after a client is installed, you have to reboot your servers.

It's a little bit of a nuisance. Essentially you're just restarting services/starting new services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

better client installation or no installation.

Backup for the agency I work for.

Benefits include onsite storage and cloud storage. Redundancy is key!

Backupify review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Good Product Room to Grow"

What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use backup tool that covers most of your backup needs for Google Apps. Easy interface and requires little training to use.

What do you dislike?

I was told they were integrating with Team Drives but haven’t heard about the release. We don’t utilize them yet but will want that feature once we do!

We are backing up Incase of a crypto lock scam or destructive employee but have found it very useful to transfer files when someone leaves. Works much better than just what Google offers

Backupify review by Julian V.
Julian V.

"Gran app"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor es la capacidad que ofrece y la sencillez para realizar backups

What do you dislike?

El costo seria lo mas desfavorable, una mejor implementacion y mejor conocimiento seria importantes tambien

Poder mantener una base de estos actualizada y en tiempo real

Backupify review by Hardik G.
Hardik G.

"Good"

What do you like best?

I am happy with this. It helps me restore the back ups.

What do you dislike?

User friendly , takes little bit more time and is somewhat not upto mark

I can store up to great data

Backupify review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Backupify"

What do you like best?

Backupify offers an easy to read portal with instant updates.

What do you dislike?

Haven't come across a negative aspect yet.

Another cost alternative in our backup offerings to our clients who are concerning primary with e-mail retention and security over server data.

Backupify review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"My Trial Experience with Backupify"

What do you like best?

Backupify is a cloud-based data backup provider. I like that it compiles my user data from my top most utilized online applications (Google apps and Microsoft office 365) and stores it in its own system.

What do you dislike?

As a trial user, there is nothing I dislike about the platform. Backupify is simple and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Backupify offers a great service to its users. The data migration process is simple. This program is definitely worth a try. However, I am wary to pay for the service.

I am in search of an excellent, all-encompassing backup tool.

Backupify review by Consultant

"This is an excellent program "

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. I never have any problems with glitches and it was very easy to learn

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish the capabilities of the software were expanded

I am ensuring that my important projects and information are never lost

Backupify review by Administrator

"DATTO BACKUPIFY"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates with Vuetify and Vue X makes my job so much easier to do.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's still in its early stages.

But overall it's awesome

It helps with our verification issues on forms etc

Backupify review by Administrator

"Great backup service"

What do you like best?

The portal is very easy to access and find out what folders you are currently backing up.

What do you dislike?

The pricing per agent has changed over the past months. It's getting quite expensive.

back-up service for all of our files

Backupify review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"Easy Migration from One Domain to Another"

What do you like best?

The actual process of Migrating from one company email domain to another was relatively easy, for individual accounts.

What do you dislike?

My colleague used the free, individual version. Then when we paid a good deal of money to migrate the entire company, the staff was very unresponsive...which led to over a week's delay in the start of the migration process. The end result was that the entire migration process was an absolute mess. They ended up giving us a refund on the money we paid them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great service from a user perspective. The actual act of migration was very easy, but be careful about paying for the enterprise version because support can be lacking, and their enterprise product is really not something that should be publicly available.

Learning about Datto Backupify?

* We monitor all Datto Backupify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.