Dayforce

Dayforce review by <span>Kristin B.</span>
Kristin B.
G2 Gives Campaign

Dayforce- Prepare before Implementing

What do you like best?

We love the SourceTax and single database approach, and reporting has been very flexible. We also enjoy the way that retroactive changes process in the system and the easy of viewing and calculating the upcoming payroll file for review.

What do you dislike?

We have some lingering issues from a rushed implementation, and we're struggling a bit with a few items that have been submitted to Dayforce Support that are not being adequately cleared. Because the system is so configurable, it's difficult for their support personnel to know enough about our iteration of the system to provide meaningful feedback on issues we encounter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the Dayforce Live training (all of it!!) prior to starting the Discovery phase of your implementation. Your whole experience will be much smoother if you have a solid understanding of the system capabilities before you meet with your implementation team.

We are in the process of consolidating our payroll for the 5 countries where we operate in one payroll system. We're already live for the US and Canada, and plan to go live with Australia and the UK prior to the end of the year. Singapore will be our next addition to the Dayforce platform. We have seen a significant improvement in end user buy-in. This program is easy for our employees, time sheet editors, and managers to use. It provides the opportunity to have a consistent user experience (and therefore, a single set of user guides) across the company. We have also seen an improvement in the availability of historical and company-wide data which has improved the efficacy of our reporting for everything from ACA requirements to CEO requests for data metrics on company-wide turnover and promotion trends.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Dayforce
Dayforce review by <span>Sara P.</span>
Sara P.

Straightforward, Functional, and Helpful

What do you like best?

Dayforce has an app for my iPhone that allows me easy access to my account. I'm able to clock in or out without a hassle, and I can check and edit my timesheet to reflect the correct hours I worked. It also allows me access to my earnings and time off requests, so I can check things even when I'm not in the office.

What do you dislike?

I do wish it had a way to log in by memory instead of making me type in my password every time. It also sometimes rounds my time to the wrong interval (ex. clock in at 10:07 should round down to 10:00 but it often puts it at 10:15 instead).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product should fit most of your company's needs. It has time and attendance, earnings statements, year end forms, benefit elections, time off requests, and more. The app that works with the software is an added bonus, that provides flexibility to the employees.

Having everything in one place has made managing my work details much easier, especially with the use of the app. I don't need to email HR as often to ask about my benefits or earnings, and I was able to access my end of year forms to do my taxes even before it was physically mailed to me.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Dayforce review by <span>John P.</span>
John P.

Time keeping made easy

What do you like best?

While I am very new to Dayforce and use only a small corner of the system I have been very impressed. I use a different time management tool for my employer, but as a supervisor I oversee individuals who are employed by affiliates. For this I have access to the Dayforce system to approve timecards. I must say it is very sleek and easy to manage. As an approver, I do very little aside from logging in to make less than five clicks and my employee’s time is approved for the respective period – simple! For the employee, they can designate their intended work hours ahead of time and backtrack changes as needed. It gives them peace of mind, able to focus on their work, rather than constantly swiping in and out to avoid overtime, etc. With this comes accountability of hours worked of course.

What do you dislike?

The negative that I can see for some would be the easy means to simply “input” hours, and there is not a clocking in and out feature with a badge that holds employees to this. Given this, the system may not be ideal for large organizations or management structures with high numbers of direct reports. If there is a means to orchestrate an in/out system I am unaware, but again I am an outside user to this system. The only other negative is the coding can be a little confusing, or it’s not very intuitive. Examples are the abbreviations for paid time off vs. sick leave vs. leave without pay. I regularly need back track to my training to verify the code my employee entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very multi-purpose HR tool and is very inline with the modern systems used by 21st century businesses. First understand what the system can do, and then review what the system cannot do. The grass is always greener, but with any system comes limitations that may not fit your industry.

As a manager for employees from three different companies, I have found this extremely beneficial to gain access to the affiliates system. The means to get setup, trained, and running was extremely simple. This aide to the simplicity of the system. From my primary employer’s perspective, we have a means to get easy reports of the individuals that are working within our facility and the hours that are being back charged. Healthcare can be a multi-team supported environment and the means to remain effectively managing our contract/non-employees electronically has been very beneficial.

Dayforce review by <span>Christina S.</span>
Christina S.

great service

What do you like best?

I like that dayforce is available as a website or an app; it makes it really easy for me to check my work info on the go. It's also very organized, showing me both the hours I need to work AND what kind of shift I'll have (floor, inventory, etc.).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app doesn't give me as much detailed info as the website, particularly on the calendar page. When I click on my shift for a particular day, all the info that comes up is a little overwhelming and not easy to understand. I also wish the site/app would remember my login info so I don't have to enter it every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely helpful organizational tool, whether it's for a small crew or a large team. Very intuitive, so there's minimal training needed for new hires who are just learning how to use it.

We use Dayforce for staff communication, primarily schedule-creating and schedule dissemination. Everyone can see their schedules from their phones, and we have full control over what needs to happen with work hours.

Dayforce review by <span>John S.</span>
John S.
G2 Gives Campaign

End-to-End WFM Solution

What do you like best?

Ceridian's DayforceHCM has been our workforce management solution for over 3 years now, and it's been instrumental in streamlining our people management. We utilize the system for job postings, application processing, interview management, hiring, onboarding, schedules, employee time, timesheets, manager approvals, payroll, benefits, paperless file management, compliance management and performance review. With 8 YMCA branch locations, plus 20 offsite program locations, having a fully integrated HRIS is critical to management of our 800+ employees. And as Ceridian enhances their product through release updates, we continue to refine our ability to manage employee, remain compliant, and develop our staff leaders.

What do you dislike?

With every HCM solution, there are going to be speed bumps along the way which create difficulties. Over the past 3 years, our organization has seen our share of these issues. As we experience issues we work with Ceridian to have it resolved, or create best practices to work within the product's framework. Compared to other HCM solutions, the positives in Dayforce far outweigh any negatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always approach and HCM RFP with your goals firmly in mind, what you absolutely can't live without, and keep those vital needs firmly at the front. They will make or break any system that you use.

We've been able to give more HCM capability to our managers in overseeing their people through the employee life cycle, plus give employees more self-service options, while also overhauling our HR practices with regard to compliance and paperless employee files.

Dayforce review by <span>Cassaundra B.</span>
Cassaundra B.

Best on the market!

What do you like best?

Payroll! It is so much easier and far less manual. I also appreciate truly having one system instead of babysitting a bunch of back-end integration. Many of the other leading competitors for HCM all say they are one system but still use embedded code from other side systems. Dayforce truly is one. Every update you make in one part of the system shows up instantly in another part.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be better (but I think the upcoming upgrade takes care of a lot of it). Also the Support teams could use some work. I feel as though I know more than the Support team often and am giving them advice on how to troubleshoot. I would also say the integration/feed implementation could use some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot stress this enough: if you are using Dayforce for your Benefits, start the ball rolling with carrier feeds IMMEDIATELY. The implementation consultants will give you a timeline but do not take no for an answer. Start gather requirements from your carriers and scope documents and contact information ASAP. Seriously. It is imperative you get started early so you do not find yourself behind.

I think the biggest thing we have addressed thus far has been payroll. We've seen a significant difference in the time it takes to process payroll. I also think, once our issues have been resolved regarding benefits, we could see the improvement with our processes there.

Learn more about Dayforce

Dayforce Videos

Learning about Dayforce?

* We monitor all Dayforce reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.