Dayforce

Dayforce

Ceridian Dayforce is a cloud-based single application for HCM.

Work for Dayforce?

Learning about Dayforce?

Dayforce Reviews

Ask Dayforce a Question
Showing 283 Dayforce reviews
Dayforce review by David C.
David C.

"Great centralized hub for HR data"

What do you like best?

We used to use two different platforms plus paper forms for all our HR data. Now, we have all of it in one easy-to-access spot. Being able to adjust benefits, maintain beneficiaries and dependent information without having to re-fill out information each year on paper forms is huge. Also, having one place to see time off accrual is helpful. Our old system was confusing in how it presented vacation time. This lets you see clearly how much time you have and what you should use. During tax time, this will also be very helpful, as it was so easy to download pay stubs and other documents necessary for that. The mobile app also has been helpful for many of the same reasons.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of a learning curve to using the site. Plus, the timecard submission isn't as intuitive as our other site. However, that may be just a product of expecting the new site to match the old. It took some clicking to get the handle of submitting time off requests but that's to be expected. It also doesn't tell you whether the time off request has been approved through any means but in-program message. That's not a problem; for someone who's not in there every day, it can be a bit of a chore to keep checking until time has been approved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, this has been a very helpful product.

Bringing all HR data, including time off requests, pay stubs and benefit data into one place. This localized information allows employees to access things much quicker, which helps our smaller HR department.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Dayforce
Dayforce review by Kristin B.
Kristin B.

"Dayforce- Prepare before Implementing"

What do you like best?

We love the SourceTax and single database approach, and reporting has been very flexible. We also enjoy the way that retroactive changes process in the system and the easy of viewing and calculating the upcoming payroll file for review.

What do you dislike?

We have some lingering issues from a rushed implementation, and we're struggling a bit with a few items that have been submitted to Dayforce Support that are not being adequately cleared. Because the system is so configurable, it's difficult for their support personnel to know enough about our iteration of the system to provide meaningful feedback on issues we encounter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the Dayforce Live training (all of it!!) prior to starting the Discovery phase of your implementation. Your whole experience will be much smoother if you have a solid understanding of the system capabilities before you meet with your implementation team.

We are in the process of consolidating our payroll for the 5 countries where we operate in one payroll system. We're already live for the US and Canada, and plan to go live with Australia and the UK prior to the end of the year. Singapore will be our next addition to the Dayforce platform. We have seen a significant improvement in end user buy-in. This program is easy for our employees, time sheet editors, and managers to use. It provides the opportunity to have a consistent user experience (and therefore, a single set of user guides) across the company. We have also seen an improvement in the availability of historical and company-wide data which has improved the efficacy of our reporting for everything from ACA requirements to CEO requests for data metrics on company-wide turnover and promotion trends.

What Multi-Country Payroll solution do you use?

Dayforce review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"Straightforward, Functional, and Helpful"

What do you like best?

Dayforce has an app for my iPhone that allows me easy access to my account. I'm able to clock in or out without a hassle, and I can check and edit my timesheet to reflect the correct hours I worked. It also allows me access to my earnings and time off requests, so I can check things even when I'm not in the office.

What do you dislike?

I do wish it had a way to log in by memory instead of making me type in my password every time. It also sometimes rounds my time to the wrong interval (ex. clock in at 10:07 should round down to 10:00 but it often puts it at 10:15 instead).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product should fit most of your company's needs. It has time and attendance, earnings statements, year end forms, benefit elections, time off requests, and more. The app that works with the software is an added bonus, that provides flexibility to the employees.

Having everything in one place has made managing my work details much easier, especially with the use of the app. I don't need to email HR as often to ask about my benefits or earnings, and I was able to access my end of year forms to do my taxes even before it was physically mailed to me.

Dayforce review by John P.
John P.

"Time keeping made easy"

What do you like best?

While I am very new to Dayforce and use only a small corner of the system I have been very impressed. I use a different time management tool for my employer, but as a supervisor I oversee individuals who are employed by affiliates. For this I have access to the Dayforce system to approve timecards. I must say it is very sleek and easy to manage. As an approver, I do very little aside from logging in to make less than five clicks and my employee’s time is approved for the respective period – simple! For the employee, they can designate their intended work hours ahead of time and backtrack changes as needed. It gives them peace of mind, able to focus on their work, rather than constantly swiping in and out to avoid overtime, etc. With this comes accountability of hours worked of course.

What do you dislike?

The negative that I can see for some would be the easy means to simply “input” hours, and there is not a clocking in and out feature with a badge that holds employees to this. Given this, the system may not be ideal for large organizations or management structures with high numbers of direct reports. If there is a means to orchestrate an in/out system I am unaware, but again I am an outside user to this system. The only other negative is the coding can be a little confusing, or it’s not very intuitive. Examples are the abbreviations for paid time off vs. sick leave vs. leave without pay. I regularly need back track to my training to verify the code my employee entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very multi-purpose HR tool and is very inline with the modern systems used by 21st century businesses. First understand what the system can do, and then review what the system cannot do. The grass is always greener, but with any system comes limitations that may not fit your industry.

As a manager for employees from three different companies, I have found this extremely beneficial to gain access to the affiliates system. The means to get setup, trained, and running was extremely simple. This aide to the simplicity of the system. From my primary employer’s perspective, we have a means to get easy reports of the individuals that are working within our facility and the hours that are being back charged. Healthcare can be a multi-team supported environment and the means to remain effectively managing our contract/non-employees electronically has been very beneficial.

Dayforce review by Marla S.
Marla S.

"IT GET'S THE JOB DONE!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of navigating through the screens and different areas of the application. I love that it is EASY and self explanatory. It would not be difficult for Baby Boomers to navigate. You can edit the icons on your logon screen to fit your particular needs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it works best in I.E. as opposed to Chrome. It uses something called Silverlight. Chrome does not support Silverlight; therefore, the number of messages seem to never go away on the top right. I always have the message icon there with the #9 highlighted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you test, test, and test again prior to going live. Ensure you ask ALL of the questions you can think of in the beginning stages of implementation to alleviate a possible headache down the line.

Automated HR functions (i.e. recruiting, performance management, payroll management, benefits)

Dayforce review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"Great HCMS system, customer support is outstanding"

What do you like best?

The system is very intuitive and easy to understand how to make business processes more efficient. If you have an issue or question, their customer support structure is top-notch and focused on providing a full solution. I really enjoy being able to connect with other users through Share Ideas and Ceridian XOXO.

What do you dislike?

I think the recruiting module could be enhanced. I would love to be able to customize alerts to hiring managers that include the resume or other candidate profile information. Also, building custom reports can be a bit difficult if you are unfamiliar with SQL or how data tables work.

Payroll used to take us three days to process and now we are able to cut that in half. Benefit review and utilization was very manual.

Dayforce review by Christina S.
Christina S.

"great service"

What do you like best?

I like that dayforce is available as a website or an app; it makes it really easy for me to check my work info on the go. It's also very organized, showing me both the hours I need to work AND what kind of shift I'll have (floor, inventory, etc.).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app doesn't give me as much detailed info as the website, particularly on the calendar page. When I click on my shift for a particular day, all the info that comes up is a little overwhelming and not easy to understand. I also wish the site/app would remember my login info so I don't have to enter it every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely helpful organizational tool, whether it's for a small crew or a large team. Very intuitive, so there's minimal training needed for new hires who are just learning how to use it.

We use Dayforce for staff communication, primarily schedule-creating and schedule dissemination. Everyone can see their schedules from their phones, and we have full control over what needs to happen with work hours.

Dayforce review by Bridget D.
Bridget D.

"Dayforce HCM"

What do you like best?

I find Dayforce very easy to navigate because it has a simplified interface design. This makes the system easy to use from an admin perspective, but has also been helpful with end user acceptance across the organization. Whether on a desktop or the mobile app, Dayforce is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The payroll module is complicated and not user-friendly. it took me a long time to get familiar with that navigation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to form a strategic cross-funcitonal team before implementing.

Once of my favorite features that Dayforce offers is their mobile app. It's easy to setup, easy to navigate, and offers a ton of functionality for a very mobile employee population. As the mobile app continues to evolve, it makes managing employees and completing required tasks in Dayforce on the go that much easier. Amazing!

Dayforce review by John S.
John S.

"End-to-End WFM Solution"

What do you like best?

Ceridian's DayforceHCM has been our workforce management solution for over 3 years now, and it's been instrumental in streamlining our people management. We utilize the system for job postings, application processing, interview management, hiring, onboarding, schedules, employee time, timesheets, manager approvals, payroll, benefits, paperless file management, compliance management and performance review. With 8 YMCA branch locations, plus 20 offsite program locations, having a fully integrated HRIS is critical to management of our 800+ employees. And as Ceridian enhances their product through release updates, we continue to refine our ability to manage employee, remain compliant, and develop our staff leaders.

What do you dislike?

With every HCM solution, there are going to be speed bumps along the way which create difficulties. Over the past 3 years, our organization has seen our share of these issues. As we experience issues we work with Ceridian to have it resolved, or create best practices to work within the product's framework. Compared to other HCM solutions, the positives in Dayforce far outweigh any negatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always approach and HCM RFP with your goals firmly in mind, what you absolutely can't live without, and keep those vital needs firmly at the front. They will make or break any system that you use.

We've been able to give more HCM capability to our managers in overseeing their people through the employee life cycle, plus give employees more self-service options, while also overhauling our HR practices with regard to compliance and paperless employee files.

Dayforce review by Cassaundra B.
Cassaundra B.

"Best on the market!"

What do you like best?

Payroll! It is so much easier and far less manual. I also appreciate truly having one system instead of babysitting a bunch of back-end integration. Many of the other leading competitors for HCM all say they are one system but still use embedded code from other side systems. Dayforce truly is one. Every update you make in one part of the system shows up instantly in another part.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be better (but I think the upcoming upgrade takes care of a lot of it). Also the Support teams could use some work. I feel as though I know more than the Support team often and am giving them advice on how to troubleshoot. I would also say the integration/feed implementation could use some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot stress this enough: if you are using Dayforce for your Benefits, start the ball rolling with carrier feeds IMMEDIATELY. The implementation consultants will give you a timeline but do not take no for an answer. Start gather requirements from your carriers and scope documents and contact information ASAP. Seriously. It is imperative you get started early so you do not find yourself behind.

I think the biggest thing we have addressed thus far has been payroll. We've seen a significant difference in the time it takes to process payroll. I also think, once our issues have been resolved regarding benefits, we could see the improvement with our processes there.

Dayforce review by Melissa H.
Melissa H.

"Dayforce: Great for managing time"

What do you like best?

The ease at which it allows me to alter my availability and view my schedule for work.

What do you dislike?

The communication system between users under the same company branch could be improved. Currently there is only a way to post shifts that one wishes to have covered, but there isn't a way to send out an alert or notification to other users to prompt them to view it.

I also dislike having to change passwords every 90 days. I understand the concept behind it, but when a person has so many logins for so many places, having to juggle another one thrown into the mix that demands to be changed is a hassle.

I also don't like that you are unable to see others' schedules when attempting to trade shifts. It makes communication one more step difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to help employees do initial troubleshooting and training. Once they get the hang of it, employees are able to better manage themselves through the application.

It prevents employees from needing to call to receive their schedules each week, they can access everything online or on their phone. It cuts down on missed shifts and helps organize the employees working for specific tasks.

Dayforce review by Dr. Anita M.
Dr. Anita M.

"Work life made easier with world class technology support!"

What do you like best?

I am extremely pleased that Ceridian delivers on their promise of making "Work Life Easier." One employee record has simplified our HR data entry, not to mention cut down on multiple system entry errors. As an HR Director I can't put a value on my piece of mind that our HR data is accurate, that our payroll is accurate and our benefits reconcile every month. And when there is an issue requiring a support ticket, it is resolved timely. If it happens to involve a payroll commit and is holding up the payroll, I classify it as urgent and I receive a call in 5 minutes or less. That's world class support!!

What do you dislike?

I'm truly at a loss with this one. Can't think of anything right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thoroughly review how Dayforce can solve day to day HR/payroll issues and how configurable the system is. You won't be sorry you made the switch.

Having spreadsheets on top of spreadsheets to track HR, benefits and payroll issues. This was absorbing over 1/2 of one of my HR Assistants time, not to mention overtime. We no longer have to keep excel spreadsheets to track issues or manually maintain processes that the HR technology should be doing. And my HR overtime has been eliminated. This is on top of the fact that Dayforce is half the cost of my prior vendor. My ROI was realized immediately.

Dayforce review by Angie M.
Angie M.

"A decision that won't keep you up at night "

What do you like best?

Dayforce HCM is a highly intuitive system that is fully customizable for your unique business challenges. The ability to customize the existing system was very important to our business given the complexities we face. Ceridian was very accommodating and ensured that all of our challenges were solved. I launched this solution in our organization almost two years ago and since then, Ceridian has implemented a lot of very useful upgrades which are offered as a free upgrade. Its great to see their focus on technology and innovation and the fact that their customers get to enjoy these upgrades without an additional cost.

What do you dislike?

Due to the fact that the company is growing so quickly, sometimes it can feel as though there is limited resources available. I really enjoy the focus on innovation and new technology but that can sometimes feel as though that focus is more important then fully ensuring the process is established before moving onto something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact current Dayforce customers so that they can tell you about the features of this product. I would recommend investing in the training offered by Ceridian so that you can ensure you are fully versed and using the system to its full potential.

Efficiencies around time management and increased visibility to our business has been significant benefits for our organization. Our managers now have more autonomy and can make better informed decisions based on the increased reporting and visibility. Our admin support staff have significantly reduced the amount of time needed for processes such as payroll and accounting.

Dayforce review by Cristian P.
Cristian P.

"Dayforce gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

The program fills all the needs that we're using it for. I primarily use it for employee reviews and time off requests. I haven't encountered any real issues when using the service.

What do you dislike?

The layout isn't the greatest. This may also have been user-error, but we were acquired back in April of '17, and the company that was using Dayforce that moved us into it, thought that you had to use Internet Explorer to access certain areas. As I had a "new set of eyes", I found where to accomplish those tasks within the actual interface, but it left me confused as to why no one else was aware of this prior to our acquisition. I believe support had been contacted, but no one had advised them of how to access these features without the IE workaround. That said, I am not personally aware if they did/didn't reach out to support for assistance, so it is a bit of a moot point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is quite the product for what it's purposed for. Spending time looking around the interface and knowing where things lie is key to utilizing the product to its full potential.

Easily managing time off requests and employee reviews has been fantastic. Additionally, ensuring that reviews make it through the proper channels for approval has been quite the relief.

Dayforce review by Lauren M.
Lauren M.

"User Friendly and Constantly Improving"

What do you like best?

Dayforce is very user friendly from both an administrator and employee standpoint.

What do you dislike?

Issues with Silverlight. Some modules work better in Chrome, even with Internet Explorer being the recommended browser. We sometimes need to switch browsers when moving from one module to another. I know Dayforce is working to move many applications to html but, it is an inconvenience in the meantime.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to setup and test when implementing. It will save you heartache in the long run to allow for more time at setup.

On-boarding is a challenge for us currently. Due to our state contracts, we have a substantial number of forms and documents that have to be obtained prior to employees starting work with us. We are currently working to set up Dayforce's Electronic On-boarding to coordinate with the Recruiting module and Employee Self-Service functions to hopefully shorten the process for both applicants and our HR/Payroll Team.

Benefits include a single sign-on that grants access to all employee information. Dayforce is constantly expanding to cover all employee maintenance needs and making improvements to these modules.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"We switched from multiple solutions to this terrific single system."

What do you like best?

I like that everything is all inclusive. From hiring and onboarding, viewing earning statements, requesting time off and even enrolling in benefits. Our users can access everything in one place. And, the company is dedicated to making improvements all the time.

What do you dislike?

Because the product is so customizable, it's difficult to really know everything the system is capable of. It would be terrific to have at least one person who was 100% dedicated to your system to better support when you need guidance on an issue or wanted to make a system change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a dynamic and customizable solution. Anyone wanting to move from multiple platforms to this product would probably benefit from the change.

Better integration with Scheduling and Timesheets, better integration with performance management issues. Better usage of the users time since they only need log into one system to perform so many different functions throughout their day.

Dayforce review by User

"Great for Hourly Employees"

What do you like best?

I like how interactive the interface is and the components are really unique. The app is helpful as well. I am able to check in easily and see updates on the Home section. The app could use an update to the design to make it feel more modern, but otherwise the navigation is good.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how difficult it is to navigate around the website and find what you are looking for quickly. The check in feature to assess levels of stress and emotions is a little redundant. However, if I cannot access my account due to a forgotten password, it is challenging to fix.

Dayforce is great for employee management and keeping track of logged hours. It is good for hourly and new employees. My company is able to control full time and non-full time employees easily. Without Dayforce, my company's onboarding process would be difficult.

Dayforce review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Dayforce HCM is a great, single database cloud software, that is constantly adding new features."

What do you like best?

Pros: One database means data is always consistent throughout modules. The flexibility within the configuration is unmatched. Beautiful appearance and very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Cons: The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading when using the new HTML pieces. Aside from that, the system is as good as your involvement and motivation to learn (especially during Implementation - be diligent and thorough in your discovery and scoping, or it will be painful when transferred to support).

Having used Dayforce HCM for over 5 years, I can honestly say that it is an incredible piece of software that is ever-expanding, and the developers are always hard at work creating more modules. As opposed to previous systems that required multiple file feeds internally, which would constantly update one place such as the HR record, but would not update in Payroll, Self Service, Benefits, or wouldn't update in any of them; with the Dayforce product however, there are no longer such data integrity issues, as it uses one database to house it all.

It also also far easier on the eyes than some previous systems I have used, and the ad-hoc reporting along with topic builder make creating custom reports quite easy (once you get the gist of how it works - there is a learning curve if you don't take the training - but if you're savvy, it's quite robust) There are still some options that could be improved in reporting, but is also improving. The key with the switch to Dayforce is IMPLEMENTATION. If you are not diligent, clear, and thorough with the discovery stage and throughout the implementation process, it will haunt you down the road. Make a team, someone from each module, and/or dedicate someone to nothing but testing and making sure you've got it doing what each team/department/manager/user needs it to do, anything you can to make sure you are comfortable with the application and get what you need out of it functionality-wise, otherwise you will spend a lot of time fixing issues with upset employees after you have gone live. Ceridian has grown their teams vastly, so the support reps can be hit and miss as far as their experience and confidence, but if you are techy and willing to learn the system, it is far superior to the others out there, and can be very low maintenance.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace
Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace

"Innovative, Reliable and All-in-One"

What do you like best?

The fact that everything is in one database and you can customize it to meet your policies and legal compliance is extremely valuable to a customer.

What do you dislike?

The implementation was hard because of the lack of experience from the consultants. If they would have had senior consultants to help us, it would have made it much more effective for our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Dayforce. I will be honest that the implementation is not easy and they do not have enough consultants as resources, but overall the product surpasses that experience and it has eased so many of the cumbersome activities we have had to do in our old system. I love how innovative they are and the fact that they use customer feedback to improve their system. They are ever evolving!

Using Recruiting, Benefits and Payroll/WFM through Dayforce has made the admin side of HR much more efficient and we have reduced hours spent on processing payroll, ACA reporting and recruiting significantly. The Self-Service aspect has also been something needed for quite some time and it is great to know we can utilize that now.

Dayforce review by Susan B.
Susan B.

"Ceridian Dayforce Review"

What do you like best?

The leading edge platform, it covers payroll and HR, we have never experienced any downtime or processing issues, and Ceridian continues to creatively find ways to improve standard processes.

What do you dislike?

We are in the middle of having some Silverlight features and some HTML features; sometimes that causes issues with knowing where to find things - I realize sometimes slow transition is easier, but it would be nice to just be able to click "sign me up for all HTML" and move it all at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent product. They listen to the customers and make product improvements on a regular basis to ensure they are delivering what you need in a software.

We are building for the future in that we want a Payroll/HRMS solution that is easily managed once set up and doesn't require a lot of staff to support it. Our employees love the self managed system of reporting time away and handling their benefits and other information. We are saving time, saving trees, and keeping our practices compliant.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Heaven on Earth (for an HRIS junkie anyway)"

What do you like best?

Configuration capabilities are unmatched. I can literally qualify every pay policy, holiday policy, pay or entitlement rules of any kind on ANY qualifier (data point) that you can think of. I can designate exceptions to the rule by employee, job title or any other qualifier that you think of. I can literally DO ANYTHING and I don't have to beg support to do it for me. AMAZING. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Support is outstanding - best in class in my opinion. Reporting was initially challenging but it always is as you learn how to derive from different tables. Education and built in job aids are stellar. The highlight though is the savings achieved. Not only are we finally compliant with a churn of 5000 employees per year, but we can report on them and in turn, utilize advanced scheduling to import KPIs and literally eliminate labor over/shortages on our retail sales floors. Now that folks, is un-precendented.

What do you dislike?

Waiting for professional services to evaluate customized projects for process improvements to areas of the system I can't access.

Labor waste.

Dayforce review by Beth B.
Beth B.

"Unified solution for people, benefits, payroll and reporting"

What do you like best?

One solution with seamless interface between modules. Improves pay processing, makes managers participate in HR functions, accessible from any internet connection. Tasks can be easily shared or passed over to another manager as necessary.

What do you dislike?

Reporting has been cumbersome, but every release works to make it easier. Changing setups can be challenging, ie- new pay categories, new deductions. General Ledger export is faulty if there are any changes made to pay or deductions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with implementation team to be sure that all that you expect to get out of the program is in the Statement of Work for Implementation phase. Review all reports to be sure you have what you need for the whole year such as 401k Census Report.

Recruiting, onboarding, benefits and entitlements, timekeeping, payroll, ACA tracking and reporting, tax reporting, check printing and direct deposit, planning and scheduling.

Dayforce review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"My Dayforce Review It's A-Okay"

What do you like best?

I used this when I worked at barnes and noble. It was pretty handy. I never had to worry about hunting down my managers to ask for a day off. At one of my old jobs we used to have to write the day we wanted off on a slip of paper then put it in a bucket in her office. If we needed to swap shifts with someone or get someone to cover for us we had to hunt down the employees ourselves. It was pretty inefficient. With dayforce, you could do all of that from your phone. It made everything loads easier.

What do you dislike?

One thing I didn't like about dayforce is that it made you change your password every three months or something like that. They said it was for "security" reasons but not even my mobile bank app makes us do that. It got really frustrating as I had to think of different passwords all the time that I was going to remember. The other thing I didn't like about this app was that four weeks before the date, the system would prevent you from asking for days off. I really hated that part because I have a large family and I never knew when they were going to need me. It's not fair that you have to plan a whole month ahead because sometimes you just can't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow your employees more time to request days off. Don't give them a month minimum. I think two weeks before would be perfect. I also think they shouldn't make you change your password every three months. That gets really frustrating.

I had less interaction with the managers which meant I could get my work done for the day and they could get their work done for the day. I didn't have chase anyone down. Everyone could get back to what they were doing and not feel like they had to beg separate people to help them out. Most of the time anyway, with the exceptions of when Dayforce wouldn't let you schedule a day off.

Dayforce review by Riza L.
Riza L.

"Convenient & User Friendly "

What do you like best?

I like that it is easily accessible with the app and you can request off, pick up shifts, trade, etc.

What do you dislike?

It keeps making you sync your calendar. I'd rather just look at my schedule on the app. Also, if you call in, it doesn't take that into consideration. Last thing, it allows us to trade even if the time between is not acceptable. For example, our company requires a 10 hour break between shifts. It approves the trades or shifts and our times have to be readjusted.

I am able to check and double check my schedule to ensure I do not miss my shift. I am able to put up shifts with ease. I can assess how many hours I have for the week and pick up shifts if needed. In addition, I enjoy being able to plan out my week since our schedules are posted in advance.

Dayforce review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"Dayforce Review"

What do you like best?

I liked that you could have it as an app on your phone. You didn't have to go into your manager's office, submit paperwork, or run around trying to find someone to cover your shift. You could get notifications every time someone posted a shift that they were looking to get covered, or you could post a shift to get covered. You could swap with someone, request days off and use sick/vacation/personal time, etc. You barely had to interact with your manager at all. It was a really good system.

What do you dislike?

What I didn't like about it is three-four weeks out you couldn't do anything - you couldn't submit a request for someone to pick up a shift and you couldn't submit for a day off - which is really frustrating since you never know what is going to come up in your personal life. Anything could happen - you have a dentist appointment you had to schedule last minute, or whatever else, and the system would all but block you. That wasn't very user friendly in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really give other employees a chance to submit time off requests sooner in advance, and not four weeks in advanced. Each employee has individual lives and you never know what's going to happen. They need more time than four weeks.

The business benefits is you didn't have to chase down your managers or coworkers every single time you had a scheduling issue. Some of it could be resolved within the app itself. Other times you couldn't. Got the most party though if you were able to plan ahead the app was very convenient to have.

Dayforce review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Everything in one spot! "

What do you like best?

The 'Earnings' section - it is very visually appealing and really helps all different types of people understand their pay statements. The pie charts are very useful, and the statements are simple and user friendly. It's nice to have all of the statements in one spot! Makes it easy to go over past months, etc.

The email function is also helpful, as you can address any issues right away that you may see.

I also really appreciate that it allows most things to go paperless! This reduced waste, is more environmentally friendly, and honestly just easier in terms of onboarding!

What do you dislike?

I disliked the confirmations of the forms collected, it seemed like there were too many confirmation emails and it made the hiring process a little messy. Further, many employees had to redo forms multiple times because the submit/save buttons are not clear for multi page/multi document sign up forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to really organize onboarding forms for new hires - the process got a little messy.

Going paperless with the Onboarding process is huge! For a company that is trying to maintain an image as being environmentally friendly, this really cuts down on a paper trail.

Further, having all of the documents and paystubs in one place helps keep employees organized - this therefore cuts down on confusion between management, increases organization and enables smoother practice!

Dayforce review by Stacy L.
Stacy L.

"Great HCM & Payroll software that really cares about their customers"

What do you like best?

The system offers so much! Everything is all in 1 and they are constantly making enhancements to make the product better. Having time and attendance, scheduling, HR, Benefits, performance management, payroll, training, etc all in 1 place has helped save us time and labor costs. This program has decreased our cost per check greatly.

What do you dislike?

Because the system is so robust, it takes a while to learn and the implementation can be challenging. I wish their meal waivers on the touch clock were set up so they work properly, but the workaround is not too bad. Also, their reporting is not user friendly and the formatting is bad. Even with pivot tables, the reports do not look the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the education classes before you start talking to implementation so you get to know the system. That will make it easier when you are setting it up.

We have gone paperless, our employees are more engaged and connected to payroll and HR, we can monitor labor costs better and we have combined multiple programs into 1. We have realized that this 1 program can do so much and we are still learning everything it can do.

Dayforce review by Stacy D.
Stacy D.

"All Encompassing - Easy Navigation"

What do you like best?

I love the new Benefits Administrator module. It's much easier to manage our "current" plans & options for employees. Also, I appreciate how Benefits Setup is configured in a way that is easy to navigate. This makes setup of plans, options, enrollments. eligibility's simple to configure. Our previous systems were a bit choppy which made it problematic to manage.

What do you dislike?

Sorry to say - it's the reporting function. It is not easy maneuvering (and hard to understand for a new user) through Topic Builder to create new reports, especially all encompassing benefits reports (that need to include HR and Payroll data).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare well, and ask "apples to apples" and "apples to oranges" questions throughout the implementation process. The more informed you are about the process, configuration setup, schedules (timing of schedules), testing (be a diligent tester....over test) the better off your implementation will go.

We are using Dayforce for all HCM and Payroll processing. It has been a relief to move to an all in one system. Being able to manage records, plans, enrollments is much easier now with Dayforce.

Dayforce review by Kathleen K.
Kathleen K.

"Dayforce HCM - One stop shopping!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we have 1 single record for employees. We used to have one system for HR, one for payroll and many different ones for Time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I am not an expert on this software yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire 3rd party consultants to help with the implementation. There is a lot of work and most people in HR and payroll departments have a "day job" they need to do on top of the implementation.

We solved the problem of trying to keep multiple systems in synch through integration file. We now have HR, payroll and GL reports with the same data.

Dayforce review by Stacy G.
Stacy G.

"Dayforce - A topic pick for any company"

What do you like best?

Dayforce is a robust full cycle system. This makes everything for our payroll, time and attendance, benefits and HR in one spot for easy access. There is no logging into a number a different systems to gather information. The support portal has every document that you may need and is very easy to get around in.

What do you dislike?

The reporting was the component that gave us issues but this has been resolved with the latest release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want one system that can handle all your business needs Dayforce should be at the top of the list for sure.

Data integrity is a problem that has been address now that manager and employee's can see their HR records, time sheets, time off balances. The biggest benefit for us has been the manager and employee self service.

Dayforce review by Caitlynn S.
Caitlynn S.

"Great experience with Ceridian. Dayforce has been such a great change for our company. "

What do you like best?

All of the features we have implemented have been great additions.

What do you dislike?

No complaints on the Admin side. Employees do have a slow connection at times while trying to clock in and out for the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have an implementation team at your office. Implementation is one of the most important parts of the process and can make or break your company. Also it is important to have a chain of command set in place before implementation.

Ceridian has solved our previous issues such as not having a way to track performance, onboarding, benefits etc. all in one system.

Dayforce review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Horrible implementation, horrible support"

What do you like best?

System itself seems to offer a lot of flexibility and functionality.

What do you dislike?

The fact that we weren't given all the options shown in the demo and now they expect additional fees in order to get what we told them we wanted originally. On the system for 3 months and we still don't know how to use it properly and can't use all the modules/functions because we haven't been shown how. Support is HORRIBLE and in many cases their responses don't even apply to the actual question you submitted (almost feels like you're dealing with a government bureaucrat that doesn't really know anything).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get in writing EXACTLY what you expect from them as far as support and training during implementation before you sign. Talk to other users about their experiences with regular ongoing support. Make sure when you tell them you want "all the options and modules" that they really did include everything in the price you're given. They speak a different language when they refer to all of their modules and functionality so make sure you're absolutely clear on what you're getting.

Unfortunately, I don't see that switching to Dayforce has really solved any problems and any benefits we THOUGHT we were going to realize have yet to come to fruition.

Dayforce review by User

"It's Almost There"

What do you like best?

I am a sales associate at a clothing store, and I use the Dayforce app on my phone to see my work schedule and request time off. I like that I can easily request time off without having to call the store and hope that the manager remembers the request. Recently, I've noticed that I have the option to sync my Dayforce calendar with my actual calendar, so that saves me some time (before that I would manually write down my schedule and then re-type it into my calendar).

What do you dislike?

The app certainly has some room for improvement, and I think the developers are improving the app with each iteration. The app can be slow or buggy sometimes (esp when trying to read messages). Also, we still use ADP for payroll, so I think the process would be more streamlined if we only used 1 program, instead of 2 programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend playing around with the app to understand how the different features interact. For example, you should figure out the difference between the Availability and Time Away functions, and train employees on how/when to use them.

Also, determine if you really need this app if you are currently using ADP or another payroll app.

Dayforce saves me and the company a lot of time, since we don't have to manually manage schedules.

Dayforce review by Beverley M.
Beverley M.

"Smooth transition into Dayforce"

What do you like best?

The fact everything is in one place and you only need to enter data once. You can also track performance, training and health & safety information and report on it.

What do you dislike?

When you leave a page it does not prompt to save, so you could ultimately lose a lot of info just entered. Also the security set up I think they should have a more detailed training course of how to set up the features and authorizations within the roles.

Not needing to upload data between systems and then needing audit. The biggest benefit is time, it has reduced my payroll processing by 50%. Our managers are now seeing the benefits of the recording of more data in WFM, although tedious at first, it has now become part of routine.

Dayforce review by Deanna H.
Deanna H.

"Best All-in-One HRIS System Available Today"

What do you like best?

I love how Dayforce is committed to customer interaction/engagement. They are constantly seeking feedback and suggestions from their clients. Then they actually use that knowledge to continually develop and update/upgrade their product.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is rough. Implementation is grueling. You have to practically become a programmer to understand the intricacies of this diverse product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it. It is truly an all-in-one system.

The only problems we've faced are working the bugs out and the time spent on implementation. The benefits far outweigh that though. The time we save processing payroll, time cards, benefits, new hires, terminations, etc. is far worth the pain we felt in the beginning stages.

Dayforce review by User in Higher Education

"Easy and simple to use "

What do you like best?

What I like best about this application is that it is really simple to use. When you first log in, it shows everything on your dashboard, from your next scheduled shift to your next pay date.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this application are the messages. It notifies you every single time there is a change to your timesheet but it doesn't direct you to the change. Hence, you have to find out for yourself what has been changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that this is great when there are a great number of employees to manage.

Some benefits I have realized while using Dayforce are that the application shows you who you are scheduled to work with on your scheduled shifts and the calendar which shows you an overall of everything you are scheduled for each month.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Our Dayforce Experience"

What do you like best?

I love that all modules are in one program so there is no need to import time/attendance data, payroll data, HR data, etc into any third party programs. Previoulsy we had an archaic HRIS program, a payroll program and another separate Time/Attendance program (some online and still a lot of paper for data entry).

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that I get a different support person every time I call for an issue/question/request. Theoretically I understand the Support "Pod" approach but from the customer perspective I would prefer designated folks that I can call for issues.

We moved from a manual timesheet process for approx. 1,000 staff members to a full self service, electronic system overnight. When we launched Dayforce in June 2013 the system was new so there were some hiccups in the beginning but over the years the program has really allowed us more time to spend on oth

Dayforce review by Diane R.
Diane R.

"A Simple Solution"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it truly is a single cloud based application and the data is in real time. No need for imports or exports which eliminates data dropping off. There is a test environment available which is great for testing new policies, earings and deduction codes etc.

What do you dislike?

Over the past year, Dayforce has been converting from Silverlight to HTML. We have been using the system three years and have gotten very familiar with the screens in the Silverlight version. The HTML version is very different, so we have to relearn processes we were comfortable with. I have no doubt, in a couple of months the new version will be as familiar as the old, there is just an adjustment period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep an open mind. Talk to your implementation team. Let them know your business needs. Communication is the key to a successful implementation.

We have eliminated the need to duplicate data entry into three different systems. Ceridian has helped us streamline many of our business processes which saves us time and allowed us more time for auditing which results in more accurate payrolls.

Dayforce review by Administrator

"Dayforce: Our Dream Come True"

What do you like best?

Dayforce is truly a one stop fully integrated system that can handle all of your HR, Payroll and Timekeeping Needs. The system is very configurable to your specific needs and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Well so far we have no dislikes with Dayforce. We are currently in the implementation phase for HR and Payroll but have been using Time and Attendance for almost 5 years. It definitely streamlined our scheduling needs with its robust functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for ONE system to seamlessly handle your HR, Payroll and Time Management needs, Dayforce is the software to consider! The implementation phase is a lot of work, but the customer service is excellent and the team that came on-site for us were very patient and knowledgeable. It's worth the investment!

We have over 2500+ employees over multiple locations with different supervisors and Ceridian Dayforce has been our best fit for timekeeping and scheduling because of its flexibility and ability to be configured to meet our specific needs. Our managers now have an easier time scheduling and tracking shifts so we minimize unfilled shifts and unnecessary overtime.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Ups and downs but overall has helped streamline many of our processes"

What do you like best?

I like the customization of the workflow and approvals which have helped us streamline our approval processes. The support model is the best that I have experienced. No matter what level ticket I submit I get a timely response and a knowledgeable and helpful rep. Level one tickets receive a response usually within minutes.

What do you dislike?

There are still a lot of bugs in the system that are being fixed. With each new release the application gets better and better however much of the application still rely on Silverlight. The parts of the application that have been updated to HTML load slower than expected.

We have been able to streamline many of our processes and eliminate the majority of our paper processing. Dayforce helped eliminate other systems were there were multiple points of Entry. We now have a much more efficient process for our administrative changes.

Dayforce review by Todd H.
Todd H.

"Collaborative Teams Win Out in the Long Run"

What do you like best?

I like that Ceridian continued to come back to the table with new ideas for improving our implementation and for improving our customer relationship post-implementation. We selected Ceridian because we were looking for a one-stop shop, but we are ow beginning to develop a great working relationship,

What do you dislike?

Prior to working with our new Customer Success Team, support was very fragmented as we were moving through different phases of our implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all available training resources. XOXO is a big part of staying connected with other clients. Ceridian makes it easy to provide feedback in a meaningful and fun way.

Consolidation of HCM systems. Simplification of interfaces to downstream systems. Gaining momentum as a partnership.

Dayforce review by Joshua L.
Joshua L.

"Dayforce Makes Work Life Better"

What do you like best?

Dayforce allows you to seamlessly process payroll and maintain HR data with one system of record. The new HTML functionality increases efficiency by allowing you to access the platform from virtually anywhere. From a payroll perspective, there is a high level of visibility through all steps of the payroll process.

What do you dislike?

The reporting module should be more robust and less cumbersome to create. Future updates should help to alleviate this issue, especially with the streamlining of topics on the timeline. Also, the support team members' skill levels should be more consistent. An inexperienced analyst can sometimes lead to more headaches and longer turn around times than necessary. Finally, Silverlight sometimes hinders productivity when I have to move between multiple browsers or platforms to complete tasks. Future enhancements should alleviate this issue.

Payroll processing, from recording time to auditing and committing, is efficient and fast. More time can be spent auditing and improving internal processes within payroll when the payroll process is relatively easy and error free. Also, the self-service functionality gives the workforce more control over their personal information. This adds to the increased efficiency of the payroll department and process because less time is spent with manual entries and changes.

Dayforce review by Justin W.
Justin W.

"An easy to use app that makes scheduling easy"

What do you like best?

Easy to see current and future schedules, request time off and swap shifts with other coworkers. Integrates will calendar app on phone, allowing for one touch synchronization of schedules.

What do you dislike?

Could have a little more functionality. You cannot change default availability on the app, just using the site on a desktop or laptop computer.

It helps to create a unified team and make scheduling issues nonexistent. Everyone has access to their schedules at all times using their phones and being able to request time off or swap shifts wherever you are helps to eliminate call offs and rushed changes.

Dayforce review by Administrator

"Manager, Information Systems & Technology"

What do you like best?

Time & Attendance integration with Payroll. The ability to customize features and rules for payroll though daunting, is a great feature. Employee Self Service keeps employees actively engaged, particularly when scheduling and Time Off Requests.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is sometimes difficult with so many options, though improving with field names and library.

Professional Services & support need better understanding of the product. Better role security at a granular level. Audit trails are not always easy to follow, a must in this HR litigious world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very good system that reduces redundancy in Payroll operations. HR is a work in progress, but quickly improving. Benefit Administration and integration is definately a plus.

Improved processes in HR tracking of employees. Direct Payroll integration in Time & Attendance.

Dayforce review by ★Alex K.
★Alex K.

"Dayforce solves our Workforceforce Managment needs"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Dayforce is not only the industry knowledge that comes with the software, but also the ability to customize the tool as our company's strategy continues to evolve. The other great benefit is the ease of use of the tool, via desktop or via the mobile device.

What do you dislike?

Dayforce does everything well, and their earlier challenges have all been addressed. During their growth, we've had several support tickets that needed to be addressed, but over the past 2 years, their customer support has been improving and we couldn't be happier with how quickly the tickets are addressed and issues resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to ask the right questions for your business and they are aware of your requirements as Dayforce is always striving to improve. When it comes down to choosing which product to implement, present the option to the people who will be using the product and gather feedback from them. Dayforce's easy user interface made them the clear choice for our organization

The problem we were trying to solve is the correct utilization of our workforce. We wanted to allocate the correct labor to the correct job at the correct time. The benefits are an increase to top line sales, and bottom line growth. As the retail world continues to evolve and different approaches to solving problems evolve, Dayforce is there to assist us in every step of the way. In performing an ROI analysis of Dayforce we showed a 1000%+.

"Dayforce Improves Efficiency"

What do you like best?

The time tracking and payroll system are in the same database, which allows for real-time payroll calculations, automated retros, and fast payroll processing.

What do you dislike?

Support can take a long time to get back to you. Make sure to have an expert in your company to avoid much of the need for support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a tech savvy user who will be the dedicated system administrator, or you could have trouble keeping Dayforce running. If you have this person, you will reap the rewards of the system. You may also want to hire a 3rd party to help with initial setup and configuration, because this process can take a lot of time.

Dayforce has freed up a lot of time for our store managers. They no longer have to key time in from their registers to a spreadsheet. Auditing is also automatic, so payroll is freed up from this time consuming responsibility to work on more productive tasks.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"The Right Solution"

What do you like best?

Dayforce cares about its customers and is continually looking for feedback and ways to improve the software. We have the tools we need to manage our employee base with the current version of the software, but know that it will only get better.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I do not like - there are short periods of time, when the functionality of a field will change after an upgrade but it is almost always corrected by the next hotfix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great base - knows payroll and has done a great job building out one database to fit all needs.

We are able to streamline our processes, ensure consistency in data and provide the information needed by the various groups that need access to some of the data. We are able to control what groups see through security roles so we don't have to download and scrub data before sending it to others.

Administrator in Retail

"Best of the Breed Application"

What do you like best?

The modules that Dayforce offers are so relevant for business today, also the way it is packaged in the application is great as you don't have to purchase separate additional modules as part of Dayforce. There is a standard set of modules that comes with DayForce which could be used by any business to great a great return. Client Support is brilliant as well.

What do you dislike?

Don't really dislike anything, but would be great to have ideas logged on the ideas portal to be implemented sooner if it is a problem with most clients instead of waiting for multiple releases before it can be available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dayforce is a brilliant application that has many modules that one could use which allows you to have everything in one application avoiding integration with multiple applications. Value for money in terms of what the product has to offer..

We are solving the problem of staff getting paid accurately and fairly, as well as to minimize the amount of manual work that gets done in our stores. It has enforced discipline in our stores to an extent, it has shown us our labour efficiencies, and allows us to have line of sight of how much our labour actually costs us.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Good, albeit flawed platform"

What do you like best?

All-encompassing software including HR, payroll, benefits, time and attendance, reporting, etc. I think it's a pretty intuitive system, and I appreciate the fact that Ceridian is in the process of revamping the entire user interface because the previous version is very antiquated. Fortunately, they are also transitioning the foundation from Silverlight to HTML. Workflow creation is quite robust. Benefits enrollment for employees is straightforward and

What do you dislike?

Simply put, Dayforce is just so slow. Screens take a long time to load, and this is a problem that current, and especially future, generations are not going to be patient with. I'm not sure whether it's part of being built on Silverlight or not, but I'm anxious to see if load times decrease after the move to HTML. A big issue I have is with the Organizational setup (locations, departments, positions). The way it's set up is quite literally backwards. When I arrived at my current company, I couldn't believe the organizational mess that was facing me. In a small number of cases, Dayforce also struggles with historical data, which in turn results in reporting/data problems. The reporting capabilities leave much to be desired, but this is supposedly one of Ceridian's top priorities.

Paperless payroll, tax forms, and benefits. Housing domestic and international employee data in one location. More flexibility in system administration and customization. Custom reports.

Dayforce review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Dayforce, it is what it is."

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to see my calendar of hours and my earnings are in one place. I also like the multiple buttons for clocking in and out. I like that you can organize job applications and what not through this software as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that on the calendar you cannot see the exact clock-in and clock-out times, rather just the # of hours you worked. I also don't like that there is a lack of a messenger option in this software. You should be able to message a Manager or HR about any questions or concerns you may have related directly to something on DayForce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The phone application runs extremely slow and doesn't have all the same features that the computer software does so be aware.

Flexibility with clocking in and out; making it easier for the managers to adjust hours and what not if needed.

Dayforce review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Leverage the Cloud with Dayforce for Rockstar Operational Performance"

What do you like best?

Dayforce has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities. Employees can view their time card in real-time on many different devices. Managers and employees can easily view task progress across devices and with downward visibility throughout the organization. Even mock paychecks can be generated ad hoc!

What do you dislike?

Dayforce could use more robust reporting within the application, but have recently released a new Business Intelligence tool to fill the need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dayforce's SaaS cloud solution continues to evolve and as the needs of the users grow, so does the product. A smooth, consistent release cycle keeps the product relevant and never again will we be stuck with outdated technology. Dayforce (and Ceridian) really care about how their clients use the product and value their feedback as part of the products' evolution.

Customer Service scores have improved thanks to Dayforce predicting demand coverage throughout all parts of the day and multiple departments of the locations. Employee efficiency has improved greatly as there is now a time clock wherever there is a computer/terminal. Managers save time scheduling by electronically managing employee time off and availability requests. Compliance is stronger due to Dayforce electronically enforcing labor rules (incl. the recent CA meal break policy).

Dayforce review by Matt L.
Matt L.

"Useful for centralizing multiple functions, but somewhat clunky and a bit dated"

What do you like best?

We like that we can centralize HR, Payroll and WFM all in a single solution. This allows us to not have to worry about having multiple systems running and worrying about having to coordinate across systems. As a centralized solution, it's great, but evaluated based on each feature individually, there leaves a bit to be desired.

What do you dislike?

The system overall can be a little slow and unresponsive. Even after the full implementation process, we are still running into some bugs. Additionally, it seems a little dated in comparison to other programs that would handle each function individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider providing case study examples to Ceridian when reviewing whether the system is right for you. Show the team what you want to do and ask them to demonstrate it for you. As with many system implementations, there are plenty of big ticket features that can be shown, but without a direct connection to real world solutions, you won't know if the software is truly the answer.

Previously, WFM, HRIS and Payroll were separate solutions, but DayforceHCM allows for the management of all within a single system. This has been very helpful but it's not without its limitations. It has also helped streamline and modernize our onboarding process which was previously used without an online component.

Dayforce review by Holly M.
Holly M.

"Dayforce HCM"

What do you like best?

Dayforce has helped us receive consistent information from our multiple departments. We are able to process the information a lot easier as we are dealing with the same reports and information for each location. We are able to look at comments on timesheets, review notes within the system and make changes to the timesheet when necessary.

The org charts are definitely one of the best things in the system - they help us to make contact with the correct department contact - they are just the best!

What do you dislike?

We have incurred a few problems with the ability to get calculations for our shift workers to work properly. Our District has several pay rules and Dayforce is not able to apply all of them at 100%. We have made workarounds, but this is our biggest issue.

We also experience several issues with the webclock and our timeclocks communicating. This causes frustration to employees and managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put in the time up front to make sure your system is set up the way you want it! It is worthwhile to invest the time on the front end to ensure that the product is working as you expected!

The pros of implementing this software are definitely starting to outweigh the cons. We are able to see the improvement in the accuracy of time and attendance reporting, consistency of reporting for both time and attendance, and an overall positive outcome of the recording of time and attendance.

We have noted several benefits including ease of use for the end user and ease of time submission within the system.

Dayforce review by Administrator

"Fantastic product and great customer service"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it is an all in one solution.

I no longer have to enter information in 5 different places. Information flows so nicely from place to place and reduces the chance of human error significantly.

What do you dislike?

I love the product. I wish there wasn't as long of a lead time before implementation.

We have saved so many hours in payroll processing. The process itself is extremely simple and effective. I also don't need to hunt for errors like I had to in the past with my manual process. It also has reduced the time I spend answering questions for employees (how much vacation do I have left, what is my SIN, when was I hired...).

Dayforce review by Internal Consultant in Consumer Goods
Internal Consultant in Consumer Goods

"Gets a lot right but still needs some work."

What do you like best?

I like the way the system handles taxes. The ability to run extra pay runs without additional cost.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not very strong. They are working to improve but there is still some work to be done to get it up to speed. The support ticket system and some of the system limitations and design like the inability to delete a department that was created even if it is wrong and has never been used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful about your setup. It is critically important to get it right the first time. If you try to go back to ceridian for help later it will be a billable event.

Primarily payroll. The reporting limits the ability to provide real time information to management. There is a dashboard module but it is not included in an core HCM product and requires an additional purchase.

Dayforce review by Korah W.
Korah W.

"Great tool!!"

What do you like best?

The accessibility and user friendliness of Dayforce is phenomenal! I have access to my timesheet, paystubs, employee forms, schedule, etc.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything about Dayforce that I don't like. It's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

BEST DECISION!! It's user friendly for all levels from the ones implementing Dayforce to the rest of the company all the way to the first time dayforce users. You have everything at the palm of your hand because the app you can download on your phone. Approving employee time sheets and creating schedules through dayforce saved me so much time! I went from taking roughly 6-8 hours per week to create a schedule to less than an hour using dayforce!

YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth

Dayforce review by Pamela S.
Pamela S.

"Ceridian is an integrated - one database capital management system focused on easy employee engageme"

What do you like best?

My role as HR Benefits Director has become more compliance conscious with the management of ACA. Employee benefits are user friendly to our employees base, the mobile app rocks!

What do you dislike?

Any concerns have been addressed immediately by our Ceridian team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Network with other Ceridian customers.

Scheduling is our biggest ROI - still collecting the data. Our previous software program was a payroll program, not a time keeping program that resulting with extra manual work to manage our PPACA recording.

"All in one!"

What do you like best?

We have been with Ceridian Dayforce HCM since 1015. We really like having one platform for HR and Payroll. Dayforce is a very robust system. Ceridian continues to upgrade and enhance Dayforce. The product is very easy to use from employees to management. Scheduling is a breeze and very simple. There are several reports to track the timesheets which we love. We have employees clocking in/out when ever they wanted to and even if they were not working. Now we use a fingerprint scan and facial photo to ensure it is them. It is also easy for management to ensure staff took their meal break as we are able to schedule that as well. Payroll is simple and easy once you get the hung of it. I love the payroll Audit report which I run prior to submitting my payroll.

What do you dislike?

For a small non-profit cost can be a factor. However, return to your dollar is worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was with Paychex before moving to Ceridian Dayforce. For me, the most important thing that Ceridian has been able to do is to integrate HRIS, Time and Attendance, and Payroll seamlessly into one application. Add to that the Document Management and Recruiting modules and you can't go wrong. Worlds different from what I have seen any other provider able to do.

clocking in/out, breaks - ensuring employees were paid correctly. Employees did punch in/out manually and now with the system it helps ensure all employees are paid accurately. We are also able to ensure staff takes their meal breaks. Scheduling is easy for managers and for employees to review their schedules.

Dayforce review by User in Business Supplies and Equipment
User in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Dayforce Delivers"

What do you like best?

Continuous development and addition of products; upgrades to Dayforce based on client suggestions and wish lists. Numerous opportunities for training via Live Membership, conferences, support teams and networking with other users. Ability to manage HR and payroll through one platform for employees in two countries. Tax services! Customer Experience Managers who reach out regularly!

What do you dislike?

Upgrades are continuous, which requires employers to ensure they review all upgrades and hot fixes to determine impact to the organization.

Our company operates in two countries and is would be preferrable to have support assigned by country rather than all calls/incidents to a main site.

Prior to Dayforce, reporting was almost non existent - numerous reports are now available to the executive and line managers to better manage their employees. Time savings for payroll staff - less redundant work, which provides more time for audit.

Self service for employees and mobile app has been very well received and successful.

Dayforce review by Administrator

"Powerful tool for HR and payroll"

What do you like best?

Dayforce is a powerful yet flexible system which has allowed us to automate payroll processes that were previously handled manually. Their ability to handle multi-state payroll has been a real lifesaver. The system allows the HR department to have the power to make corrections and configurations ourselves which has saved us a lot of frustration. All of our HR and payroll is available on one platform, making our day to day functions in HR/payroll run seamlessly. Ceridian is constantly coming out with product improvements and they really listen to customers when deciding which improvements/changes to prioritize. There is also a great community of Dayforce users available through the XOXO hub where you can find useful tips and exchange of ideas.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve when starting Dayforce, but there are very high-quality and informative training and learning resources available. It takes some time investment at the beginning, but if you really take advantage of the resources and jump in, the extra effort really pays off in the long run.

Dayforce automatically looks up and applies taxes based on addresses, saving the HR department a lot of time when setting up new office locations (which was huge for us). We are more involved in every level with this product which allows us to catch any potential payroll issues before they become a problem.

Dayforce review by J M.
J M.

"This software made my life easier."

What do you like best?

This software made it easy to control and access employee records and payroll for multiple entities within our company. Also, transferring between locations is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a little lacking, but each update makes it a little better.

Bringing all systems into one software was the biggest seller here. Having payroll separated from time and attendance, and benefits was a headache that was solved with this "one record" system. We have 3 entities near each other, and some employees were working all of them. To do this, we would have to hire them 3 different times. One time for each location. Now, it is one record for one employee, across all locations.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Dayforce HCM Benefits Module is Weak"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Dayforce Benefits Module is that updates to payroll deductions for insurance premiums are made in real time.

What do you dislike?

The system is seriously lacking in terms of benefits administration. Many things that used to be done automatically when we were with a previous administration service are now done manually. Reporting is the worst thing about the system. It is not easy to create custom reports and the company quotes you around $5,000+ to have a simple report built.

I cannot say that Dayforce has helped solve any problems in terms of Benefits or Reporting. The one thing that it has helped is for scheduling and recording time and attendance.

Administrator in Retail

"Easy to use, not always accurate "

What do you like best?

Dayforce is easy to use for both the scheduler and the Employees. The software is extremely user friendly when creating schedules.

What do you dislike?

Dayforce does not always take into account what your actual payroll budget is, even though you tell it. Often times I find myself with schedules pulled hundreds of hours over my budget so I spend a lot of time editing down what Dayforce has written for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the scheduling system hasn’t changed much Dayforce has worked at changing its app and making it much more user friendly. My staff is able to use it with ease.

Dayforce takes into account past sales and business patterns and we were able to identify some areas that were being over scheduled for what they actually needed.

Dayforce review by Margaret K.
Margaret K.

"Great product, but could definitely use some improvements."

What do you like best?

I like that Dayforce offers an app for on-the-go use, has an easy to use interface and can be used for multiple needs (hiring, scheduling, payroll, etc.). It streamlines many of the processes of my day to day with staff and recruitment. Employees can adjust their availability, contact information, or any other relevant information very simply. I no longer have to print out a form, have the employee fill it out, send it in the courier to the main office, and then wait for it to be processed. The employee can submit their change, and then it is approved almost instantly. Additionally, you can view which of your employees have clocked in, who's scheduled to come in, and who's late or absent for their shift. If someone hasn't shown up, you can simply click their name and their contact information pops up to call them.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality in Google Chrome, works best in Internet Explorer (GROSS). The app has limited functionality. As a manager who can't always be by a computer, sometimes I use my phone to approve time. The app makes it difficult to make necessary adjustments. It also does not allow me to adjust schedules from the app. But my biggest gripe is that it doesn't work in Chrome. Get it together, CERIDIAN!

Recommendations to others considering the product

-Does not work well in Chrome, HOWEVER they are transitioning from Silverlight to HTML format, so hopefully that will be resolved soon.

-Does not work on Safari

Having one platform eliminates a lot of paper waste and streamlines hiring. It saves me a great deal of time when I don't have to switch between programs to find employee information. When hiring staff, I can view which forms the new hire has submitted and which ones remain. I no longer have to wait for HR to email me to say that they are missing particular forms. This also means that the employee no longer has to come into the office to fill out their paperwork. I get more of what I need to do done because the employee can fill out the forms from any computer with internet service.

Dayforce review by James S.
James S.

"May the Dayforce be with you!"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of configuration and ease of adaptability by all levels of our organization.

What do you dislike?

Already on roadmap, but would like more automation with recruiting messaging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow yourself to enter with an open mind to learn best practices and not trap your organization from doing the "same old, same old". New technology spawns new opportunities to make your systems better.

Finger pointing and duplication of data entry with multiple vendors was an issue.

In addition we have leveraged the Performance module to maximize conversations and goal setting with all levels of our organization.

Dayforce review by Priscilla M.
Priscilla M.

"Dayforce has moved us into the 21st century of HCM."

What do you like best?

The single integrated platform of Dayforce has allowed us to have real time data for Workforce Management, quick and accurate payroll processing, and an online solution for our employees to access. We transitioned from a stand alone product with no real employee access to a product that opened a "new world" for employees with self-service changes, electronic copies of earning statements and year end forms, and a communication tool with their managers.

What do you dislike?

As not only the director of Payroll & Benefits, but first and foremost an accountant, letting go of the intricacies and deadlines of tax reporting has not been easy. Sometimes I would like to take that piece back under my control so that I would have assurance everything is in compliance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a close look at Dayforce. I believe it may greatly improve your HCM processes and access. Work with sales, implementation, and support to ensure everyone is on the same page with your needs and concerns.

With the use of Dayforce, our managers across all our departments have real time information. They are able to run reports themselves, saving them and the Payroll department much needed time. They have also achieved better management of their employees' time and attendance. Corporately, we are able to keep up with HCM technology and compliance. As our corporation grows, Dayforce grows with us.

Dayforce review by Josh W.
Josh W.

"Wide ranging HCM platform with robust capabilities!"

What do you like best?

Ad-hoc reporting, time and labor management, payroll processing, recruiting module/offer letter functionality

What do you dislike?

Inconsistency in quality of support, some application issues with benefits arrears calculations, system limitations regarding automated emails and workflows, lack of FMLA tracking

Time and attendance has been simple with Dayforce, we have ipads set up at our warehouses which keep the web clock easily accessible to employees, not to mention the time off accrual features. The ad-hoc reporting has helped our organization analyze important data more quickly and the dashboards help our senior leaders make more informed decisions.

"Continually Evolving System"

What do you like best?

Ceridian Dayforce is a great solution for our multi-site location. It has been easy to use for our administrators and employees, most features are intuitive and do not require intensive training.

What do you dislike?

It is a definite plus that Dayforce is continually improving their products, for a system administrator it can be challenging to keep up with the frequent updates of features and fixes to review for impact to our users.

We appreciate it is an all-in-one solution so we do not have inconsistent data from one module to the next, critical for payroll.

With the abundance of features Dayforce offers, we can work with various departments to identify features that can be helpful in daily operations for efficiencies.

Dayforce review by Cory S.
Cory S.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Dayforce is easy to understand and relatively easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes things can be a little hard to find and information can be hard to sift through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The learning curve can be a little steep her but overall it's a good platform. I'd recommend implementing adequate training if you're going to use this software.

It solves employees not being able to access their information related to their job.

Dayforce review by Sarah J. M.
Sarah J. M.

"User Friendly Service"

What do you like best?

I like that everything you need to do is in one place. You can request your time off, update your personal information and get messages about important company information.

What do you dislike?

Getting used to using the system was a bit tough, but like all new services it takes time to learn the in's and outs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely go through a tutorial of the program prior to using as some parts are tricky to figure out. Once you perform a task, the program becomes easier to use.

We are solving time off requests being processed quicker, pay stubs getting delivered quickly and other company-wide problems. The benefits are that in today's day of technology, everything is done electronically so it makes it easier to locate.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Dayforce"

What do you like best?

I like the single platform for HR and payroll. I really like the additional features you can purchase to streamline your work. For example, recruiting, document explorer, performance management, etc.

What do you dislike?

That I am still learning the product and continue to need assistance. The good news is the product is continually being enhanced with upgrades, the bad news is the product is continually being upgraded. The first couple of upgrades it took the managers awhile to get use to the change. At that time they were just learning the product. They now are more comfortable with upgrades in the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dayforce is a very robust system. Like any system, make sure at implementation you fully consider what your business may look like in the near future.

Our HR administration is more streamlined and efficient. We eliminated duplication of several tasks. The information is real time and available more rapidly then our previous software package. Payroll is processed much quicker, our employees can change their tax forms and address whenever they think to do it. No more going to HR for a form and completing the form and waiting on HR to enter it in the system.

The tracking of time worked and time away is much easier and more accurate.

Dayforce review by Ryan D. C.
Ryan D. C.

"Logic based HCM for Data Driven Professionals"

What do you like best?

The payroll and HR record modules are strongest within the system, as is. Big changes are coming with the switch to HTML coding.

What do you dislike?

Currently Sliverlight features are slow and confuse end-users. Support Center has lacked resources, historically.

Dayforce has helped us align several business units and functions to provide real time data calculations and provide deeper, more meaningful engagement opportunities with our employees.

Dayforce review by Marlene N.
Marlene N.

"Positive Dayforce Experience"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Dayforce is how user friendly it is. From entering a new hire to administering benefits, to the year end process it is a smooth process. The time to process the payroll is very smooth. You can see the entries made such as bonuses right away. You don't have to wait to view the preview. If you have to process a manual check offcycle, its easy. Also the self service function makes it easy for employees to update their information and make changes on their own. which saves time from having to enter the changes. Employees can do it on their own.

What do you dislike?

I feel the reporting function could still be made to be more user friendly but they are continuing to improve. It has already improved since I first started using Dayforce.

A benefit we have realized is with the benefits function. We can set up a file feed to the benefit carriers which makes it easy for us to update our information each week. Another benefit is the open enrollment for benefits. This is very convenient for employees to log into their self service and complete their benefit enrollment and a lot less paperwork.

Dayforce review by Kristen G.
Kristen G.

"Dayforce is a payroll processing dream come true!"

What do you like best?

I can easily verify and correct payroll remotely at all hours. I can access my team and review current vacation and sick hours without any delays or inaccurate information. Processing vacation and time off requests with ease.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I really hope that this program is utilized for the remainder of my career with my employer. I love it.

I am able to track everything from payroll percentage, vacation hours and review overtime.

Dayforce review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Behind the Times"

What do you like best?

Very basic homepage, relatively easy to navigate and I like that all of the information is consolidated in one place - with Dayforce you can see your time off (vacations), schedule, monthly paychecks (and what portion of the paycheck is taxed), you can enroll in your company benefits etc. Rather than having to log into different applications, the information I need is all here.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to submit vacation days.... not intuitive at all. To select a specific day, I need to enter the day before and the day after in the system, for the system to calculate 1 day of vacation.

I don't use certain features such as Employee Timesheet or Time Clock so it would be nice to be able to remove the tabs that we do not require.

Very basic and in-interesting look to the application. Looks old.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do your research and compare all the competitors.

If you consider Dayforce you definitely need a training session for certain areas such as submitting vacations and benefit information. On the other hand, paycheck information is straightforward.

Information is consolidated in one place - do not have to log into various applications and remember all the different passwords.

Dayforce review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Convenient if Mastered "

What do you like best?

The fact that Ceridian Dayforce has the option to integrate itself into every department and make it work.

What do you dislike?

The training required if migrating the whole company can be very challenging. Although Dayforce can integrate itself within every department in one way or another, due to each department having limitation of access (based on administrator) while data is integrated and trickled down everywhere, it can become hard to track down where the underlying issue is coming from when users are having issues.

Also I would like to point out the fact that this software still utilizes silverlight is killer in some situations especially if silverlight is not installed (mostly for those who are not technically inclined). Although this is the case, I want to notate that Dayforce is transitioning components of their website to HTML rapidly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Dayforce but with caution. One big overhaul of the entire company at once can be very difficult especially if proper training is not implemented before. Although there are other softwares that do the same job, Dayforce is definitely headed in the right direction.

Integration of data and cross departmental reliability of employee information.

Dayforce review by Brenda L.
Brenda L.

"A lot to offer in one platform; HR, Payroll, Benefits, Recruiting, Document Mgmt, Performance..."

What do you like best?

Looking at the product from a payroll processing aspect - the amount of time that we are saving due to the systems ability to calculate retro pay based on the WFM side has been great. Our process time to commit payroll and then the reports are available shortly thereafter without the hassle of logging in to another system is excellent. The amount of information that can be gathered prior to committing for audit purposes also is a time saver not only in the accuracy of the payroll, but reduces corrections after the fact.

What do you dislike?

Reporting has been difficult. There is a vast amount of reporting ability - I need access to information that I cannot retrieve in a single report. The topic is sometimes locked and cannot be manipulated. Some reports are not available in an excel format. I continue to work in the reporting feature to get a better grasp on the system. On a positive note, there are updates that occur regularly to improve the functionality and reading through the "share ideas" section of the support site, we are able to make suggestions/recommendations and find out if our ideas are in the works or not possible at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation is a huge portion of transitioning to any system. Make sure that you have a good internal team to work w/ your implementation team. Having an internal leader to keep the process on track is a must. Spend the necessary time going though the workbooks and trainings that are offered during implementation - they are helpful in getting the information accurate for your needs.

The system has a great deal of information that our employees can easily access. Previously our employees would need to use 2-4 different login's for different information. I find that the scheduling aspect of Dayforce is a great improvement for us as it is uniformed for all managers and located in one system; no more handwritten or Outlook calendars.

From the payroll side, the employees ability to approve their own timesheet increases their involvement and are held more accountable. This also decreases errors and corrections.

Dayforce review by User in Higher Education

"Great organized app!"

What do you like best?

The navigation and layout is excellent. The menus and different tabs to find your schedule, request time off and even see your earnings and breakdown are all neat and easy to follow. The organization of the information you need is also great and not overwhelming to look at while browsing and reading.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I disliked initially before I figured out how to edit and adjust was the timekeeping feature in-app. The steps you need don’t permit you to edit it without actually selecting “edit” in the right hand corner of the screen.

Requesting time off and finding out when I’m scheduled along with adjusting availability and time requests.

Dayforce review by Administrator

"Involvement is key/ Be specific and detailed with your expectations of the product. "

What do you like best?

We were sold on the notion that this system will support all our Payroll, HR, and Benefits needs and for the most part it has delivered. We've had continuous support to make our processes streamlined and more efficient. Customer support has been exceptional for the most part.

What do you dislike?

Implementation was not clear and did not deliver on their promises which leaves us to deal with. We are nearing 2 years in the system and still dealing with issues from implementation.

Consolidate duplicate employee records. We rolled over from Ceredian HPL where if an existing employee worked at a different location, a new record must be created for that employee. We need all historical data saved for all these employees and it is still a challenge we have yet to solve and find benefit on.

Dayforce review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Scheduling made easy "

What do you like best?

The ease of scheduling shifts for employees to view through the app that allows them to submit requests, view scheduled shifts, and swap shifts with coworkers

What do you dislike?

When looking at schedules, the 15 minute breaks are deducted from time worked, when employees do not actually clock out for 15 minute breaks. It makes it more difficult to calculate payroll and takes extra time to switch to timesheets in order to have an accurate calculation of payroll

Scheduling is made easy since dayforce keeps track of employee availability, time requested off, PTO, and more. It reduces the number of tools I have to use to accurately write schedules and process payroll.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"It's fun to use Ceridian Dayforce!"

What do you like best?

I like the customer service and support. We have a Customer Success Manager that is assigned to our organization. I meet with her monthly and can reach out to her anytime. The support center has improved tremendously since we went live in 2015. They are responsive and friendly.

The ability to configure the system to meet our organizations needs has been a huge benefit.

I also appreciate where the product is going. I feel that the company is really striving to become the best in the industry.

Overall I just enjoy using this product and working with the people of Ceridian. They make it fun.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to keep up with all the updates and changes, especially as a small organization with a small payroll/HR department.

The product it not inexpensive and when you want to add new features or custom items to your enviroment it can add to that cost. As a non-profit that can be difficult.

Most of our employees are part time and they hold mulitiple positions with multiple payrates and often even multiple supervisors. The system has been able to accomodate all of this.

Dayforce review by Kathleen W.
Kathleen W.

"Ceridian (Dayforce) has been instrumental in improving our companies efficiency and use of man-power"

What do you like best?

Using Dayforce's Workforce Management (WFM) feature has been the greatest tool to measure our return on investment. Through WFM we were able to see where employee schedules and operational needs were not properly being aligned. Through WFM we saw the trend of overtime hours, as well as, see where employee attendance was lacking and adjust the schedules accordingly.

What do you dislike?

With any system, there are certain parameters that you are able to work within. The companies intent to move to Dayforce was to eliminate duplicating work from paper/spreadsheets and move everything to one system (Dayforce), however, with the existing parameters some functions cannot fully be moved off paper/spreadsheets; an example of this would be the limitations on the scheduling module.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Transitioning from a payroll provider to Dayforce is a major project; initially, we under-estimated the amount of time and resources that would be required to transition from our previous payroll provider to Dayforce. However, the implementation team was great at keeping us on track and supporting us through the uncertain times. Ask a lot of questions during the initial stages, and really dedicate time to understand what you are looking for in the system; it is more difficult and potentially costly to make the changes during the testing and implementation stages.

We are able to have a better understanding and can analyze the use of man-power; we have been able to have a better control on overtime and man-power usage. The reports and statistics that we are able to pull from Dayforce has been the greatest benefit.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Glass, Ceramics & Concrete
Administrator in Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

"Best in Class!"

What do you like best?

Using Dayforce WFM has dramatically increased the accuracy of our payroll. We rarely need to issue off-cycle manual checks any more. , manual payroll entries have been reduced by 67% and off-cycle paychecks to correct payroll errors has been reduced by 50%. This goes a long way toward building a good rapport and trust between HR, Payroll and the employees.

The Attendance and Time Away From Work features have been amazing for us. We have been able to go from what was an entirely manual system of tracking points and using paper time-off requests to everything being submitted, approved and tracked in Dayforce. It has definitely increased the productivity of the HR Staff as it eliminated a lot of redundant date entry. It has also given the employees and their supervisors real-time access to this information - yet another item in the 'plus' column for improving our department's rapport with our employees.

What do you dislike?

As each customer has their own unique configuration, the twice annual upgrades can sometimes lead to issues. Dayforce does its best to help customer mitigate any issues by providing early access to the upgrade in a test environment. However, we have found that some issues do not present themselves until you are working with live punches on the timesheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what your company's payroll policies are before starting implementation, and ask lots of questions. And test, test, and test more!!

Over the last three (3) years we have been working toward streamlining our internal systems and procedures and establishing best practices. Dayforce has been instrumental for the HR and Payroll departments in getting this accomplished. Additionally, it provided us the ability to fully automate payment of our separate vacation and alternate job rates, reducing the administration time by 100%.

Dayforce review by Matthew J.
Matthew J.

"Many systems combined into one makes work life easier."

What do you like best?

What we really like about Ceridian Dayforce is having Payroll, HR, Recruiting, and Time and Attendance in one database. Our reporting has been simplified tremendously because of this. It also makes troubleshooting easier only having to deal with one vendor. We have saved a great deal of time and money by making this move. We really appreciate how quickly the product evolves and how the customer is part of the enhancement process.

What do you dislike?

Getting used to the Org structure in Dayforce can be a struggle as it is a different mindset. Once you get your mind wrapped around that the implementation takes off. We would also like to see compensation separated and moved into its own screen to make that portion easier to report on and for security purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your own project manager on your team to work with Ceridian's project manager. This should be a dedicated project manager.

We were able to eliminate a great deal of manual work by having Ceridian Dayforce Workforce Management calculate all our pay rules. Having unions on payroll always complicates pay and Dayforce helped simply that process. What we did in Microsoft Excel is now done in Dayforce automatically.

Dayforce review by Christine C.
Christine C.

"User Friendly "

What do you like best?

My favorite element about Dayforce is how easy it was to use from the first time I logged-in. Also, coming from a company that does not yet have a mobile app to manage vacation time, benefits, etc., having the Dayforce Mobile App on my phone was a nice perk.

What do you dislike?

My only issue with Dayforce is the ability to reset a password. I had to contact the system administrator to do so, and that was annoying, especially in the day and age of having a million passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for a small to mid-size company that needs to manage their teams vacation time and benefits.

This system is used to manage our employees - great for a small company as it doesn't reinvent the wheel, it just does what it does best.

Dayforce review by Ashlie S.
Ashlie S.

"Superior Product, Support and On-going Education"

What do you like best?

The payroll and timekeeping modules are extremely user friendly and very customizable. The HRIS and benefits modules are the best I have ever worked with.

What do you dislike?

I am so in love with Dayforce that I cannot think of anything I dislike. I truely love this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will love this product. Stop spending money on multiple system intregrations and get everything you need in one product.

Workflow efficiencies, manager accountability, paperless record keeping that is compliant.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Dayforce is becoming our one stop shop for HRIS functions"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about about Dayforce is the integration. I have utilized other HR systems in the past and it was painful to have to input the same employee details over and over again, and even more painful when changes needed to be made. In Dayforce, employee data (almost) seamlessly flows from the HR side to timesheets, payroll, benefits, etc.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite part about Dayforce are the Timesheets. Our company does not punch in and out and the timesheet functionality is not set up to support a company that only "approves" their pay period like we do.

I would also improve the Recruiting functionality, which I know is a work in progress for Dayforce. We need to be able to add staffing agencies or else this system will not work for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask a lot of questions. Try to network with other companies who operate in a similar fashion to you.

Dayforce has helped to streamline our payroll process and created efficiencies for us. There are many time savers with Dayforce including an automated garnishment process, payroll registers that run automatically with payroll runs, advanced reporting options, benefit elections flowing to payroll, direct deposit and tax forms flowing to payroll, etc.

Dayforce review by Administrator

"DayforceHCM enables us to prosper"

What do you like best?

Dayforce has many features available that enable our company to move from a manual process to an electronic process. Managers have more options to manage their employees electronically. Payroll and HR department is more streamlined now to ensure a more efficient use of time is being used.

What do you dislike?

Currently some of the reports we are in need of are not available with the dates we need them for. A few reports we need for payroll are not available as one report, so we have to piece a few reports together for the required information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product and fantastic service from Ceridian employees.

There are many benefits to the Dayforce system. We have Benefits, Recruiting, Performance Management, document management as part of our system. We have a place to upload our company policies and keep them all together in one place. Timesheets are easy to use and allows employees to view their information in a user friendly format.

Dayforce review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Everything I need to see for the business is available in this tool: metrics, timesheets, schedules, attendance, time away from work requests... all of it.

What do you dislike?

Login time is slow, and the mobile app has limitations, but these are fair trade offs for the convenience it provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prior to using Dayforce, we were still filling in numbers and formulas in Excel spreadsheets. This has saved so much time and made running a business so much more efficient. Submitting payroll takes about 5 minutes, compared to years ago when it would take hours. The mobile app provides great convenience to staff for scheduling needs and changes, as well.

The biggest solution is that everything is in one place and data is stored long term. There's no need for filling in spread sheets or scrolling back through old files... it's all right there.

Dayforce review by Cory  F.
Cory F.

"Ceridian Dayforce"

What do you like best?

ease of use for managers. Tracking of time is extremely easy and has saved managers at least 3 hours per week

What do you dislike?

implementation is never good. we struggled with implementation. Hire an outside adviser

time management was a big problem. we have been able to more properly schedule and reduce overtime.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Dayforce Implementation"

What do you like best?

The ease of entering information into the system. It is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

A little daunting at first to understand. It is such a robust system with a lot of interfaces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure that you have a checklist to ask all your pertinent questions while in the discovery phase and the initial setup or otherwise you will have problems further down the road,.

We have been with two systems for so long that it is a blessing to have finally one system that we will be able to work together on. Payroll and HR.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Director - HR/Benefits"

What do you like best?

I love that Dayforce is an all in one system. Transactions update in real time, there's no interfacing between products. The Payroll feature is AWESOME!! Multiple pay cycles can be open simultaneously for review. We've cut payroll processing time down considerably.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about the system. However, there a times when the support team may take a bit longer than anticipated to assign and address issues.

ROI has been the biggest benefit. We've seen great returns on the investment in time and money from our prior system.

Dayforce review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Dayforce Experience"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the how easy a program it was to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

I found that when looking up employee files you would only single click and most other computer programs to open a file you would double click. So the single clicking to open a personal record is what I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out ask your Ceridian Rep lots of questions and ask for referrals and ask to talk with clients who have switched from your current system to Dayforce to get tips from them to make your transition a smooth one.

Dayforce provides one place to store employee work records and allows for different levels of access depending on your position level. This makes it easy for supervisors to have access to work records but only specific to their division but all the records are stored in the same place.

Dayforce review by Lisa L.
Lisa L.

"All-in-one comprehensive solution - changed the way we do business! "

What do you like best?

At Rubio's we were intensely paper-based... I say intense because there was so much paper coming in that we were always buried in it. We used ADP at the time. After a lot of consideration and a lengthy vetting out process we chose Ceridian Dayforce and are about 90% paperless... it is fantastic!

What do you dislike?

I am not happy that they are getting rid of Silverlight... but only because it worked for me. Apparently, it doesn't work with a lot of company's internal systems.

99% paper based to 90% paperless!! It is so liberating!

Dayforce review by Martha C.
Martha C.

"Dayforce Review"

What do you like best?

HR, Benefits, Payroll, ACA , all is one information's system.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot. sometimes it's a bit overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know what your organizing know what their needs are to be successful.

Since Dayforce, we no longer have to wait weeks for Year End Tax records.