Daylite

Organize your whole business in one app. Projects, sales, emails, meetings, calendars, contacts, notes, and more. For Mac, iPhone & iPad.

Work for Daylite?

Showing 35 Daylite reviews
Daylite review by <span>Robin E.</span>
Robin E.

Daylite - The Best Software I Have Ever Purchased

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about the new Daylite is its capability to include files not only in people's and companies' entries, but as well as those in emails. When I am working on a project I can link files to people and have them attached to emails, and also, I don't have to tediously look for an email in my Apple Mail application.

What do you dislike?

Appointment reminder emails -as far as I have been able to figure it out- can't be sent to more than one person, as any email address above the first one is separated by a comma and NO SPACE, so that my email program (Apple Mail) doesn't recognize it as separate email addresses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. It will make your business go much easier and faster. Plus, you won't lose information anymore.

It completely took care of the eternal searching for related files and items (usually strewn over 4-5 several applications). Projects are streamlined, and updating has been made so much easier.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Daylite
Daylite review by <span>Eric G.</span>
Eric G.

Working well in our small, dynamic team

What do you like best?

The interconnectedness of all the items in Daylite is the most important feature. Being able to look at an upcoming meeting and quickly review everyone's contacts who are coming, the projects and actions the meeting might relate to, as well as support notes - just amazing.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could put more TYPES of information as links within the system. I'd love, for instance, to be able to drop a clickable Devonthink item link into a task. Instead, that's put in a text field that isn't clickable. Ultimately, any complaints I have I feel confident will be ironed out in future releases, as they are mostly related to device compatability (very minor) and especially use on iOS (share sheet, etc). I should be able to quickly and easily send a URL or an email or even a webpage from that app to Daylite as I can do with other to-do apps. Also, they don't sign a BAA, so I cannot use PHI in the app - if I could - this would run my entire business immediately, including patient records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Especially wonderful if you are implementing GTD. Having everything interconnected and the extreme flexibility of the task and project management system - golden!

Quickly and easily getting projects, tasks and appointments to my business partner. We've not grown its use beyond the two of us, however, so we're not sure how it will scale. The privacy alone may be difficult to manage. We've been more efficient in our communications and our completion rate of projects has gone up significantly.

What CRM solution do you use?

Daylite review by <span>PJ M.</span>
PJ M.

A clunky mess

What do you like best?

It connects things together and has a Mac App feel. Contacts integration is pretty good.

It's the only CRM of its size I've ever used, so keep that in mind for the "dislike" section.

What do you dislike?

I'm looking at this program compared to other programs I've used on Mac, not necessarily compared to other CRMs. So maybe this is the cream of the crop. If it is, I'm afraid to see the others...

It is perhaps the clunkiest and most confusing professional program I have ever seen. It is incredibly intimidating to use and learn due to the bad UI design, unintuitive actions, the simultaneously uselessly redundant/non-existent/unhelpful labeling, and one of the worst "more details" and "edit" functionalities I've ever seen (I hate those stacking sidebars that hide everything and cover each other up).

Calendar integration is a joke. The Today view of the Daylite calendar is a joke. The iPhone/iPad app is a joke (it took literally 30 minutes to set up and if I did anything like lock the screen or even pull up the control center, it would crash). And don't even get me started on importing things from other programs...

It's one of those apps that updates all the time and each time it has run another installer... I hate apps that do that.

It's a Mac exclusive app, so why isn't it in the app store???

It's not the worst app I've ever seen, but it comes close.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go slow when implementing

Keeping track of cases, projects, clients, meetings, appointments, contact info, opportunities. It certainly does all that, but not very well.

Daylite review by <span>Gerald W.</span>
Gerald W.

Daylite 6 Self-Serve experience

What do you like best?

The software integrates well with Apple Mail and makes it easy to archive emails into a centralized database for searching. The calendar and projects functions have been very useful in our organization.

What do you dislike?

MarketPlace focuses a large amount of it's resources on improving and troubleshooting their cloud product and the self-serve product often does not get updated or patched for sometime after. Recently we have found two issues with syncing events between Apple's Calendar app and the Calendar within Daylite. Both issues have been reported and both responses included that cloud based Daylite took precedence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford it, go with the cloud based system, if for no other reason than being on the leading edge of MarketCircle's updating,

We use Daylite as a CRM, group calendar, and sales project environment. Collaboration and communication have definitely improved with the implementation of this software.

Daylite review by <span>Tom K.</span>
Tom K.

This CRM does it all!

What do you like best?

There is so much to like about this program!

It can basically manage your whole business all in one place.

Start out by entering your Opportunities. Link those to Contacts and Companies. Create custom pipelines with tasks (you can create templates of these so you only need to do the setup once). Apply them to the Opportunity to track and plan your progress.

Once you win the Opportunity, convert it to a project and all your links come over to the new Project. From here you can add new Tasks and Pipelines (again you can create templates here to make this easier).

Track your progress in detail so you'll know exactly where you are at any time with just a glance.

The integrated Calendar makes scheduling a breeze. Check user's free and busy times and set up meetings with them and also with resources (like meeting rooms and projectors, etc) all in one place.

Daylite and integrate with Mac Mail too. So that all your correspondence for a particular project can be captured automatically and kept in your Daylite database for easy searching.

With multiple views you can see your data and filter it in about any way you like. Makes it very easy to drill down on any opportunity, or project or see how people and companies are linked together.

Daylite is truly hard to beat and will help you keep your business running smoothly!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the report engine is hard to customize. But there are partners to help you with custom reports if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do yourself a favor and try the demo version and you'll see how much can be done with this program!

Managing contacts, projects, opportunities, and just about everything to do with our clients.

Daylite review by <span>Victor M.</span>
Victor M.

10+ Year Satisfied Daylite User

What do you like best?

Daylite's regular improvements make this product extremely helpful in my business. They are committed to making upgrades, and keeping small business working as productively as possible. In addition, Daylite (Marketcircle) has an excellent support team that responds to issues quickly to get my business up and running again, or to remove obstacles that may have appeared by my misuse.

I can't say enough about what an outstanding piece of software (and software company) Daylite is. I have the opportunity to speak to large groups of Mac-using professionals, and without exception, I recommend Daylite. Now with Cloud-syncing, the software gives the best of both worlds (cloud-based, and offline use). It really is the best.

What do you dislike?

Daylite doesn't release upgrades on the bleeding edge of new operating systems. (For instance, they have not released an iPhone X edge-to-edge update). However, I don't see this as a negative since this is my most important business-related software. I prefer that it is always stable, rather than being first to release something new. While there should be progress, there shouldn't be risk to something so important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend timing thinking through the workflows in your business. If you don't know the way you work (or could work better), Daylite isn't going to perform magic for you. That said, the people at Daylite are very helpful at helping you think through this if you ask them.

Daylite helps me run two separate businesses with multiple team members. The software excels for teams 4-10 large.

Learning about Daylite?

* We monitor all Daylite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.