DBeaver

DBeaver is a database management tool that suppor various databases including MySQL and PostgreSQL

Work for DBeaver?

Learning about DBeaver?

Compare DBeaver to Similar Solutions

DBeaver Reviews

Showing 10 DBeaver reviews
DBeaver review by User in Internet

One client for all DB and DWH

What do you like best?

The way we can connect to multiple data warehouses/databases with one-tool is very convenient. DBeaver also supports SQL, HiveQL, and MySQL languages and has a very intuitive UI tool so it makes querying different DBs very easily. It also has a tool that allows us to color-code each so we can easily see whether we are querying on stage or production servers. This minimizes the number mistakes I can potentially make.

What do you dislike?

There are several buggy quirks when using DBeaver. For example, there are instances where it would just freeze up and a hard restart would be required to fix the issue. There is also an issue when updating my current DBeaver version due to a missing .jar file that cannot be found.

Dbeaver is a great tool for us since we only need to use one tool that allows us to connect to Hive, Postgres, and MySQL databases. It is nice to have one-tool that can make our lives a bit simpler.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DBeaver
DBeaver review by User in Internet

A good connector for accessing multiple DB's

What do you like best?

I can have all my database connections in one spot. This makes it easy to keep tabs on multiple queries from different data sources. Another plus point is highlighting different environment connections by assigning them different colors.

What do you dislike?

Its not intuitive with connectivity. It takes a time for it to figure out the database is not connected. There have been times I would have to restart Dbeaver multiple times to get a consistent connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, its currently one of the better softwares

Helps me run analytical queries on multiple sources and helps me get an answer as fast as possible as I am not switching between different softwares

What Other IT Infrastructure solution do you use?

DBeaver review by <span>Isaque F.</span>
Isaque F.

Flexible database editor

What do you like best?

I like the fact that i no longer need to change software everytime i work with diferent database types.

What do you dislike?

I feel the need sometimes for some Oracle functionalities. Mostly SQL+

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since DBEAVER is updated often, and it has drivers to support other functions and database languages, i think it will have a long live and worth investing in.

With DBEAVER i can use less software to do the same things. And that way i can be more productive, because i get more used to the same tool and perform better when coding and testing

DBeaver review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

Dbeaver

What do you like best?

Dbeaver is a great db management tool which works flawless where you can distinguish the connections with specific details like prod Qa dev etc.

Over all a great tool to start.

What do you dislike?

In this tool the only disadvantage that I can think of is that he connectivity to the HDFS platforms like hive DB etc..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please use this tool if you don’t want to spend lot of money. Please use it to get things faster and in a great management with in the tool.

Data quality security is the biggest work that I do and I see that this tool can hel in doing the UNIT test after the code is implemented.

DBeaver review by <span>Jacopo V.</span>
Jacopo V.

DBeaver in web development

What do you like best?

It has a Linux native app and DBeaver manages every instance of anything (db, table, record, ...) as a tab, so it is very easy to browse between different data

What do you dislike?

Reconnection after timeout is not very efficient; you have to be very careful in using script pane in order to apply script to the right db

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quite easy to setup and admin, but very comfortable in editing data

Accessing databases from a Linux native app, without any virtualization

DBeaver review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

Great alternative platform for SQL development

What do you like best?

I like the UI much more than Microsoft SQL server. It allows for much more customization and is useful for connecting to multiple databases. I also really enjoy the overall UI for sql development.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about DBeaver is the setup process was a little difficult and buggy. This may have been to my security settings, but it definitely took some time to figure out how to get everything working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation closest when setting up for the first time.

The biggest benefit for me is an easier environment for SQL development that is easier to share and work in.

Learning about DBeaver?

* We monitor all DBeaver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare DBeaver to Similar Solutions