DBeaver

4.0

DBeaver is a database management tool that suppor various databases including MySQL and PostgreSQL

Work for DBeaver?

Learning about DBeaver?

Compare DBeaver to Similar Solutions

DBeaver Reviews

Showing 13 DBeaver reviews
DBeaver review by Marco M.
Marco M.

"DBeaver is a good database connector"

What do you like best?

DBeaver effectively assembles multiple DB connections into a single app. You can also simply distinguish different environment by assigning colors to them, so you'll instantly recognize wether you're executing queries on a development or a production database. It's a very useful feature that prevents (or at least diminish) executing queries on the wrong machine

What do you dislike?

It's not always responsive, and also it takes a very long time to display a query result if you have related tabled (since it tries to create links between the FKs to make you quickly navigate between the tables). This function, enabled by default, greatly increases the time required to render the result grid. I then recommend you to disable this function (if you don't need it) from connection properties > Result Sets > Untick Read Table References

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll enjoy using DBeaver, it's a solid software, even if it rarely hangs or slow down.

DBeaver simplifies database connections, especially if you have to connect to multiple databases, optimizing your time at work

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DBeaver
DBeaver review by User in Internet

"One client for all DB and DWH"

What do you like best?

The way we can connect to multiple data warehouses/databases with one-tool is very convenient. DBeaver also supports SQL, HiveQL, and MySQL languages and has a very intuitive UI tool so it makes querying different DBs very easily. It also has a tool that allows us to color-code each so we can easily see whether we are querying on stage or production servers. This minimizes the number mistakes I can potentially make.

What do you dislike?

There are several buggy quirks when using DBeaver. For example, there are instances where it would just freeze up and a hard restart would be required to fix the issue. There is also an issue when updating my current DBeaver version due to a missing .jar file that cannot be found.

Dbeaver is a great tool for us since we only need to use one tool that allows us to connect to Hive, Postgres, and MySQL databases. It is nice to have one-tool that can make our lives a bit simpler.

What Other IT Infrastructure solution do you use?

DBeaver review by User in Internet

"A good connector for accessing multiple DB's"

What do you like best?

I can have all my database connections in one spot. This makes it easy to keep tabs on multiple queries from different data sources. Another plus point is highlighting different environment connections by assigning them different colors.

What do you dislike?

Its not intuitive with connectivity. It takes a time for it to figure out the database is not connected. There have been times I would have to restart Dbeaver multiple times to get a consistent connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, its currently one of the better softwares

Helps me run analytical queries on multiple sources and helps me get an answer as fast as possible as I am not switching between different softwares

DBeaver review by User

"a database very complete"

What do you like best?

The many configurations with several database drives.

It's easy to use and the community version is enought to use in a professional way

What do you dislike?

The application run in the java virtual machine, and if you don run it in a good laptop or pc, is possible that dbeaver finishes with the RAM memory

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good option if you look for free software, but there are better database clients more expensives

In my job we use many connections with differens database systems, and dbeaver helps me to have all connections and projects organized

DBeaver review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Clean and easy to use"

What do you like best?

DBeaver is a great tool. I use it to run queries on our database. I'm a pretty beginner level but have run some deeper analyses and it's very useful. Also, the UI is fairly straightforward with only a few exceptions (read dislikes)

What do you dislike?

Some of icons did not make sense to me at first like having a lightening bolt as the "execute" button, but it might be due to my inexperience.

Getting quick data points to share with internal and external stakeholders

DBeaver review by Isaque F.
Isaque F.

"Flexible database editor"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that i no longer need to change software everytime i work with diferent database types.

What do you dislike?

I feel the need sometimes for some Oracle functionalities. Mostly SQL+

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since DBEAVER is updated often, and it has drivers to support other functions and database languages, i think it will have a long live and worth investing in.

With DBEAVER i can use less software to do the same things. And that way i can be more productive, because i get more used to the same tool and perform better when coding and testing

DBeaver review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Dbeaver"

What do you like best?

Dbeaver is a great db management tool which works flawless where you can distinguish the connections with specific details like prod Qa dev etc.

Over all a great tool to start.

What do you dislike?

In this tool the only disadvantage that I can think of is that he connectivity to the HDFS platforms like hive DB etc..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please use this tool if you don’t want to spend lot of money. Please use it to get things faster and in a great management with in the tool.

Data quality security is the biggest work that I do and I see that this tool can hel in doing the UNIT test after the code is implemented.

DBeaver review by Jacopo V.
Jacopo V.

"DBeaver in web development"

What do you like best?

It has a Linux native app and DBeaver manages every instance of anything (db, table, record, ...) as a tab, so it is very easy to browse between different data

What do you dislike?

Reconnection after timeout is not very efficient; you have to be very careful in using script pane in order to apply script to the right db

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quite easy to setup and admin, but very comfortable in editing data

Accessing databases from a Linux native app, without any virtualization

DBeaver review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Great alternative platform for SQL development"

What do you like best?

I like the UI much more than Microsoft SQL server. It allows for much more customization and is useful for connecting to multiple databases. I also really enjoy the overall UI for sql development.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about DBeaver is the setup process was a little difficult and buggy. This may have been to my security settings, but it definitely took some time to figure out how to get everything working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation closest when setting up for the first time.

The biggest benefit for me is an easier environment for SQL development that is easier to share and work in.

"Great open-source tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to interact with every db you could ask for is fantastic. I like the interface, even if it is stodgy-looking.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how auto-complete works. Take a few extra steps to make it work, the engine running that could be better. Also, the custom formate could use some work to make it friendlier to edit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

probably for more advanced software users who like delving into things and don't care about slick but sometimes minimal interfaces.

This gives me a client i can use on any OS i find myself on and be comfortable

"Easy to use Postgres"

What do you like best?

A fairly straightforward tool with acute username and icon.

What do you dislike?

User experience is not as intuitive as I would like it to be. Bit of the interface takes time to get used to. Depends on what you're used to using.

My company is not at the point where I can easily access our database, and need a free software to link up to it to at least be able to manipulate the data. Unfortunately doing any real modeling has to be put on hold.

DBeaver review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Dbeaver is a good to have open source tool for DB"

What do you like best?

Unlike DB visualiser, the free edition will allow you to take insert scripts of the entire table or a single row

What do you dislike?

For a free tool, I didnt find anything that was missing in the tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a open source tool that can generate sql scripts of the table and viewing the CLOb objects or directly update values in the table this is the tool

The tool is mostly used to interact with DB, to see table schema and relations in the DB

"Dbeaver"

What do you like best?

It works for my uses. Im a beginner and it is pretty forgiving.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be finicky. For example, I have to expand and click onto the actual table Im searching in.

Retrieving basic information for QA testing.

Learning about DBeaver?

* We monitor all DBeaver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare DBeaver to Similar Solutions