dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server

5.0
(2 reviews)

dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server is a tool for comparing and synchronizing Microsoft SQL Server database schemas using generated SQL script in a well-designed user interface quickly and without errors.

Work for dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server?

Learning about dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server?

dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server Reviews

Ask dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server a Question
Showing 2 dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server reviews
dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server review by Daniel G.
Daniel G.

"I am a software developer and work for many companies"

What do you like best?

To be able to make the comparison of the scheme automatically after the synchronization process has finished to make sure everything went well.

Configuration of the different accesses to databases in such a way that when I have to make a comparison, I only choose the origin and destination of the already configured list of accesses.

What do you dislike?

There are no specific things that I do not like, maybe the product could be improved by adding different configuration options for the default values ​​related to specific comparisons

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before I bought the product I had it tested and I was convinced of its usefulness

I have been using the tool for a year

It is fundamental for my work since I am a software developer and in my development environment I make many modifications to the database structure of the applications and previously had the problem that I had to build SQL scripts to update the schema in my clients . This task took me a long time and sometimes I made mistakes or forgetfulness.

Now with the ability to generate a script to run on the client that problem is solved and do not waste time or effort in doing that work that in itself, is cumbersome.

In some clients I have VPN access to the client's database servers and in some cases I execute the script on my client directly. I do this out of hours and I make sure that the application is updated in the production environment.

For clients that do not allow me to access their servers, we only send them the script for a DBA to execute.

The good thing about the generated script is that if there is a problem, it automatically "Rollback" everything done without ruining the structure of the database.

In addition, the tool allowed me to modify the "Collation" of specific elements of the structure that had been generated from the start.

Summing up: For me this tool is fabulous because it gives me the total security that the change in the scheme is made with success, thus ensuring in my clients the changes I need.

uration for default values ​​relating to specific comparisons

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server
dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"A Critical Part of our CI Pipeline"

What do you like best?

dbForge Schema Compare can be called from the command line. This means we can integrate it into our CI pipeline. An important part of our development process is synchronizing production schemas with our development schemas and the application's ORM. Using this tool, we can automate that process. It produces delta's for both schema and records that become part of the sprint's build. I have looked at many different products and tools that do this, and this is the only one that ticks all the boxes and is reasonably priced.

What do you dislike?

We wish this ran under Linux, as our systems are pretty much all Linux. Because it doesn't run under linux, we have to have this script run on a Windows box. It turns out not to be such a big deal.

One other thing is that there have been bugs in the past that have taken quite a while for the vendor to fix. Eventually they were fixed, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out on your actual schemas with the kinds of deltas that you actually do. I have looked at a lot of these tools and they all approach this problem is slightly different ways.

Synchronizing production and development schemas for each new build of our product.

What Relational Databases solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Microsoft SQL Logo
Microsoft SQL
(1,519 reviews)
SQL Server 2017 brings the power of SQL Server to Windows, Linux and Docker containers for the first time ever, enabling developers to build intelligent applications using their preferred language and environment. Experience industry-leading performance, rest assured with innovative security features, transform your business with AI built-in, and deliver insights wherever your users are with mobile BI.
MySQL Logo
MySQL
(994 reviews)
MySQL is an open source database solution.
Oracle Database 12c Logo
Oracle Database 12c
(471 reviews)
Helps customers lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
PostgreSQL Logo
PostgreSQL
(335 reviews)
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system.
Db2 Logo
Db2
3.9
(268 reviews)
IBM® Db2® is the database that offers enterprise-wide solutions handling high-volume workloads. It is optimized to deliver industry-leading performance while lowering costs.
SQLite Logo
SQLite
(165 reviews)
SQLite is a software library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine
SAP HANA Logo
SAP HANA
(169 reviews)
SAP HANA converges database and application platform capabilities in-memory to transform transactions, analytics, text analysis, predictive and spatial processing so businesses can operate in real-time.
MariaDB Logo
MariaDB
(124 reviews)
MariaDB is a high performance, open source database that helps the world's busiest websites deliver more content, faster.
Teradata Database Logo
Teradata Database
(96 reviews)
The Teradata Database easily and efficiently handles complex data requirements and simplifies management of the data warehouse environment.
Amazon Aurora Logo
Amazon Aurora
(85 reviews)
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL and PostgreSQL-compatible relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases.

Learning about dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server?

* We monitor all dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.