dbForge Studio for MySQL

4.8

dbForge Studio for MySQL is the universal MySQL and MariaDB client for database management, administration and development. With the help of this intelligent MySQL client the work with data and code has become easier and more convenient.

Work for dbForge Studio for MySQL?

Learning about dbForge?

Compare dbForge Studio for MySQL to Similar Solutions

dbForge Studio for MySQL Reviews

Ask dbForge a Question
Showing 16 dbForge reviews
dbForge review by Stephane D.
Stephane D.

"The best "swiss knife" tool for MySQL/MariaDB"

What do you like best?

dbForge is doing almost everything you need to develop and maintain MySQL and MariaDB databases.

The perfect "swiss knife" tool that any DB developpers would dream about.

Databases access is really complete and allow various connection types (SSH, SSL, HTTP Tunnel, ...)

Schemas comparison is really great, it's very easy to compare and directly synchronize tables, indexes, triggers and any objects in the databases.

During the developping process this function is very important to synchronize the test database and the production database.

Data comparison allows to locate easily and quickly any different datas.

Copying databases from one server to an another is done just in a few click.

For testing application this function is really a must. You just have to make a copy of your database and you can right away test the application with real datas.

The Query builder is really great and allow you to switch from graphical mode to SQL for advanced queries. In the same way, the sql editor allow you to test and debug complicated SQL script.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found anything to dislike. But I would appreciate a function to compare users and privileges between databases and a function to save the connections settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software for developpers that are using Mysql or MariaDB

I'am developping applications which are working with databases. dbForge helps me a lot to develop and test DBs located on various servers.

The deployment and the databases maintenance is also greatly simplified with the comparison functions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about dbForge Studio for MySQL
dbForge review by Jonathan F.
Jonathan F.

"Very nice software"

What do you like best?

What do I like best? About everything. But if I had to pick, probably the DB compare features that can come in so handy, but let's not forget the "search" function that can search your whole database for some content, very handy when reverse engineering software.

Other than that, the GUI is very neat. It's very streamlined with in-place edit everywhere. The query maker is one of the bests I've seen, probably THE BEST actually. The refactoring is really nice (only product I know with refactoring), and it really works, including with foreign keys...

And last but not least, I've submitted quite a few features request over the years and all were accepted and done! So much that I actually stopped as I ran out of features to request!

What do you dislike?

If I was to dislike anything, it would probably be that there's no real scripting (ie I can't write my own script to control the GUI).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the software! Love it.

I use it for pretty much anything related to MySQL (or MSSQL, but that's a different product). Connection over SSH is very handy for production work.

Bad joke (actually unfortunately, not a joke, a true story): I introduced some "database expert" to dbForge Studio for MSSQL, the guy replied "but with your tool, even a kid could do my work". He is right (ok, his job wasn't the toughest)

Over the years (I've been using it for over 7 years), I've had various companies buy that wonderful tool, or the MS SQL version. They are real time savers. Of course I can do without, but it's for what they cost, they are a pretty good deal.

What Non-Native Database Management Systems solution do you use?

dbForge review by Sandy G.
Sandy G.

"Great MySQL/MariaDB tool Set"

What do you like best?

Does almost everything you need, reporting, design, great and reliable user interface. Awesome import/export functionality and very good backup and restore capabilities. Overall just an awesome db Tool. Nice DB compare, and most things have very good configurability. Excellent connectivity via SSH and other protocols. I use this tool about every day at work. SQLServer Version and MySQL version available. REASONABLE PRICE!!

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick a few things I dislike, would be things that could be even more automated, ie, drag and drop table to different db would be a good one, things like that. It has a lot of that in it already, just always looking for more. Not mutli-vendor. Only supports MySQL. Postgress is on the way but not quite ready

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the trial, give it a try. Very crisp and clean interface, direct editing of table data, many different type of editors from data to server setting. If you do mySQL worth the price!

Quick work creating DBs, fixing DB's, maintaining the data for the projects I work on. Very consistent and reliable tool.

dbForge review by Philippe S.
Philippe S.

"Must have"

What do you like best?

Most of this, it's really effective to access to your mysql data (or mariadb) with Dbforge studio.

You can work on multiple servers and databases at the same time, it's fast and effective.

The schema and also the data compare feature are very useful.

I love to generate schema, script and a backup of my data.

Useful for dev ops, you can execute query (sql query can be auto formatted), debug them, you can also create snippets or create database schema showing all the tables and the relations.

It's really easy to administrate the right of the users for the mysql host.

You can extract data from the server and generate some fancy charts.

It's easy to create some jobs like backup the database, just create the job in the wizard and save it.

What do you dislike?

The connection information is saved in the registry, so if you change your computer you have to find the registry key, export them and import them, it's painful. It would be very useful to have a save all preferences and restore them, it would avoid some problems.

Also we can set different connection group but we can't make folder, if you have a lot of server, it can be disgusting.

I can access to a server using a SSH tunnel.

It's really easy to set up, you only need a private key, everything is automatic.

Also when I have to apply a new schema, it's very easy and effective to analyse the schema and synchronize them.

dbForge review by Sanju A.
Sanju A.

"You need this!"

What do you like best?

The best part of dbForge Studio is that everything is right there at your fingertips. All the tools you need are easily accessible. If you are are already a user of other dbForge Studio products then the layout will be very familiar to you and you will be up and running in no time.

Some things I use every day:

- Code completion

- Code snippets

- Auto formatting

- Refactoring

- Backup & restore

Some things I use rarely:

- Service control

- Debugger

- Visual query builder

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. Sometimes it feels like there are so many features available that you aren't sure exactly where to find something.

Although I do wish it were cheaper it does represent good value for what you are getting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it for a test drive. Compare it to the other products out there. Navicat is a good one to compare it to.

Primarily we use it as the main tool to administer our mySQL (and mySQL variants) in AWS. We don't need to buy multiple tools to do the job. dbForge does everything.

dbForge review by Alfredo C.
Alfredo C.

"After many other MysQL software, I found one that does it all extremely well"

What do you like best?

Excellent user interface. Built-in debugger for functions and procedures. I can work on multiple servers and databases at the ame time. All MySQL features, including server monitoring, in one place. Fast and reliable. Never has crashed on me.

What do you dislike?

The connection information is saved in the registry, and some Windows optimizing software will delete this information and you wake up to and empty connection window. It took me months to find out the reason, and Support did not help with this one. The connection information should be in a (hidden) file so it can be backed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Satrt with this as your first choice. Don't waste your time and money using othe MySQL software.

Scheduled backups is a critical feature for me. I own other software that claims to do it, but it randomly fails, or stops working altogether. Not this one. 100% reliable. Query building is a snap, and it does save time, without annoying meddling in Group By statements which so many others have.

dbForge review by Ihor D.
Ihor D.

"The best GUI to develop and maintain MySql databases with logic inside."

What do you like best?

The developers of the GUI for DB were deceived by someone. They were inspired by the fact that a complete GUI should be able to create columns for a table, and it's best to do this in the Wizard. To work with data, it must perform export and import. And that's enough.

It's very good that the dbForge Studio team did not believe this.

As a result, the database developer quickly gained access to all (!) Types of database objects. For each type of object there is a special interface in which you can quickly change the object. There is everything for successful coding and debugging. In addition, there is an important tool for comparing data and source code between databases. In addition, you can customize hotkeys and interface according to your needs. All this allows you to work many times faster. And I'm silent about the special interfaces for monitoring sessions, access rights, templates, server settings and other things.

What do you dislike?

I, unfortunately, have no critical remarks, just minor - the existing functionality of the object's properties could be extended by the statistics obtained from the information_schems

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you find just one fitting you:

1. Have more than one schema (also knows as database) inside one MySQL instance

2. Want to build complex ETL on MySQL

3. Want to store some business logic in DB directly

4. Plan to have several environments with possibility to store different DB code versions

5. Plan to create one Core DB from several independent DB (different projects)

6. Want to study all MySql objects, not just tables and views

7. You need to compare rows in tables between different DB connections

High load ETL database with Devel, Staging and Production environment were done. It was simple to manage several schemas in one database, make comparing and easy deploy changes.

dbForge review by Yoosouf Parvez  K.
Yoosouf Parvez K.

"This software is awesome - Time saving tool"

What do you like best?

I like the Query builder it help a lot for people like me who are not so good in writing query. It make me save a lot of time and avoid mistakes as well. I have just learn how to use MySQL and i thought it will take me a lot of time to get used it but db forge studio really is very easy to use for beginners. Without Db Forge it would have been very difficult for me to build reports from MySQL like i really wanted them to be and i was able to it successfully like a pro. The learning of db forge studio is very short i think all beginners should at least give it a try and am sure there will be no regrets

What do you dislike?

i wish db forge had a built in automatic backup for databases. the CMD command line batch file creation documentation not so clear. I was unable to configure it properly to do scheduled automatic backup. This my only disappointment with db forge studio. I have spent quite a lot of time trying to make db forge studio to make automatic backup work but unfortunately i give-up. I did not get any chance on this specific feature which is still very important for me to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is good and easy to use

db forge is helping me in report building on the database

dbForge review by Harald B.
Harald B.

"Complete toolset for mySQL"

What do you like best?

The complete features, which are available. There is nothing, what I miss, when using dbForge Studio for MySQL. Also the auto-complete feature is extreme helpful. But the best, on this software is the possibility to debug stored procedures, what helps a lot, when something runs in the wrong direction

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there is not a lot, what I dislike. When to citissime something: The size adaption could be better. And the missing Integration into Visual Studio.

I was able to write an extreme complex Stored Procedure for my customer in only a couple of hours, because of the debug function.

Also I am able to define multiple access entries, so that I can manage the data access at the customers at an ease

dbForge review by Bernhard E.
Bernhard E.

"Best MySQL Development and Administration Tool I've ever seen."

What do you like best?

Most of all I like the graphical Interface to create new Database Objects. They are well structured and easy to understand. The colored classification of the Database connections in production or development helps to protect myself from errors. Database Comparision works very well and you can easily disable various checks. A other well working feature is the Debugger which saves lots of time.

What do you dislike?

The price could be a bit cheaper, especially the renewal subscription. The Data editor should have an input field for a where clause.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be put off the high price. Just try it and you will be surprised how clear and structured Database administration can be. By the way, dbForge often has discounts on their products. So just visit their site and save a few bucks.

With dbForge for MySQL I have a clear view over big Databases with more than 100 tables and their relations. I can quickly check, which effects a change of a table has. The function Debugger saves a lot of time when anything doesn't work like expected.

dbForge review by Administrator

"Best tool for MySQL and Maria DB administration"

What do you like best?

I purchased the new Enterprise version of DB Forge Studio for MYSQL for the data generator and database copy functions. i use the tool almost daily for various projects. The command line option is great for scheduled tasks that I use for and ETL process for reporting.

What do you dislike?

So far i have not found anything to dislike about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's woth the money for the features you get.

Administration of multiple MySQL databases and providing an ETL process so the reporting for the end users is extremely fast without effecting the production database.

dbForge review by Torrey V.
Torrey V.

"Very Nice Product"

What do you like best?

The intellisense works really well, and the script generation feature is really nice.

What do you dislike?

When I use the database comparison feature the process takes a long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, I personally like it better than sql server management studio

We use it to manage our MySql datawarehouse. The ease of use has been a great plus to our team.

dbForge review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"One of the best free SQL GUIs I've used so far"

What do you like best?

Fast, without lags due to hanging connections (multiple connections are handled properly). Clean, partially customizable interface, very intuitive and easy to use. Plenty of functional panels providing the right tools to quickly access mostly needed information.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. Although the export tool could be quicker and allow for a higher number of rows to be exported for specific formats, it's still quite decent and fair for a free tool such as this.

No specific problems, but have improved the efficiency of DB querying tasks.

dbForge review by Administrator

"The best developer tool to work with an MySQL database"

What do you like best?

The easy way all parts are working together.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, ist fast, well worked. All is ok so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ist a very easy to use Software with fills all Needs I have.

Managed our MySQL Server Projects wich runs on a Windows 2016 Server. Writing SQL procedures is so easy and the table handling incl. the Relations is so easy.

dbForge review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Great for database development"

What do you like best?

Dbforge is very stable, coming from MySQL Workbench, I am very happy.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit harder to move from the table view to queries. I might be missing something, but the workflow feels a little tedious in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all solutions and see which works best for your requirements.

The ability to quickly design a database and edit the tables data.

dbForge review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Very nice database tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, intuitive interface. The real selling point for me was the E/R designer interface.

What do you dislike?

Windows only. Would be awesome if this ran on Mac and Linux.

Microservice database design.

Learning about dbForge Studio for MySQL?

* We monitor all dbForge Studio for MySQL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare dbForge Studio for MySQL to Similar Solutions