DbVisualizer

DbVisualizer is the universal database tool for developers, DBAs and analysts.

Work for DbVisualizer?

Learning about DbVis?

DbVisualizer Reviews

Ask DbVis a Question
Showing 20 DbVis reviews
DbVis review by <span>James T.</span>
James T.

"Extremely powerful multi-platform db client"

What do you like best?

Spanning many years as a consultant at many different client sites, I have been able to connect to all different database types (DB2, Oracle, MySQL, SqlServer, etc) using DbVisualizer.

What do you dislike?

From a functionality standpoint, I have no dislikes. The only dislike I can think of is from the licensing standpoint of not having the option to purchase a lifetime license. I don't like having to renew/upgrade my license every major release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Each database provider (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc) has its own client, but each of them is biased toward their own database (and most will only let you connect to their type of database). If you're looking for a mature, feature-rich, agnostic database client, you should definitely consider DbVisualizer.

I have used DbVisualizer to connect to- and query multiple database types. I especially like the ability to visually inspect the database structure (table/view relationships in a hierarchical or orthogonal display).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DbVisualizer
DbVis review by <span>Darrel H.</span>
Darrel H.

"A swiss army knife DB tool"

What do you like best?

DB Visualizer has easy setup and while there's a learning curve, I've found it friendlier than some other tools that have limited capability to a single db type. The fact that it can access so many types in one interface with a common toolset/interface is very handy; the upfront learning curve is negated a bit by not having to learn several other apps.

What do you dislike?

A very seldom crash here and there. I can leave it up for days and sometimes weeks, revisiting every day or so for my needs, and it's steadfast. Some things seem slower than native tools, like pulling up a list of Views, but the rest seems as snappy. Depends on the connection to the database, of course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial it, you'll be hooked like I was. Their support is quick to respond, and the product is updated frequently, at least many times per year.

Saves time by learning one app instead of several. Gives an easy common interface for all your db needs, saving time.

What Non-Native Database Management Systems solution do you use?

DbVis review by <span>Gil P.</span>
Gil P.

"Software and database systems analyst"

What do you like best?

DbVisualizer has a free version that is very full-featured. Capabilities are nearly identical with Oracle SQL Developer. The only feature I found that Developer has the DbVisualizer free doesn't is the ability to highlight a section of SQL code to execute on its own. DbVisualizer allows the programmer to set the number of rows to return. This allows one to run the full query by putting a number higher than the expected full return. The query can be reviewed on screen, then exported to CSV if desired. Developer does this differently, as it has a default 100 row limit. More rows are automatically added as one pages down in the results. An export in Developer runs the full query in the background.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I dislike. It would be nice if the free version had the highlight a code section to execute, especially since Oracle's SQL Developer has it and is also free, but other than that, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Full-featured, easy to set up. Easy to use. Nothing to lose.

I have used DbVisualizer to produce database reports and generate nightly extracts. It does everything I need. I have not used it to write PL/SQL code, and so don't have any feedback on ease of use in this area.

DbVis review by <span>Sheldon B.</span>
Sheldon B.

"DB Visualizer does data"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can query mainframe tables with ease.. I don't use this product for in depth data analysis, but I can see from the tool kit that this product will do everything I need in my role.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike..it dies what it was designed to do and is just as intuitive as Toad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a trial version and check it out. . Depending on your needs you will always need to validate your requirements prior to purchase..

I'm using this tool to analyze source data coming from the mainframe. .I gather customer details that are not populated automatically by current data feed.

DbVis review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care

"DBVisualizer is the bomb"

What do you like best?

The management of your sql queries is awesome. This program is so much easier than Visual Studios. You can load all your sql's from a folder and have them to copy and paste into new queries.

What do you dislike?

No export to Excel button. We always export to Excel and this version does not have a button for it. I hear through the grape vine that it is coming though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Having to write code faster and make changes on the fly. DbVisualizer seems to be made for it.

DbVis review by User in Computer Software

"Solid interface for sql and database management"

What do you like best?

The interface for directly editing content of rows to avoid needing to write lengthy SQL is nice. As is the ability to use menus to modify tables.

What do you dislike?

Somehow it got worse after updating. Some abilities were lost and things were moved around in ways that made them hard to find. I haven't updated since for fear of losing more...

Managing several databases with queries and updates. Its made doing that easier and reduced the amount of code I've had to actually write/save and maintain.

Learning about DbVisualizer?

* We monitor all DbVisualizer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.