DealerSocket

3.8

DealerSocket allows you to manage opportunities and processes with marketing, sales, service, customer experience, data mining, and more.

Work for DealerSocket?

Learning about DealerSocket?

DealerSocket Reviews

Ask DealerSocket a Question
Showing 22 DealerSocket reviews
DealerSocket review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Easy Peasy!"

What do you like best?

I love that it's easy to navigate, the font size is perfect and not too small and perfectly readable! I love that I can customize the home on my crm and it's easy to add and deselect things I don't necessarily need on there!

What do you dislike?

We have two accounts for different stores and it's a pain to go back and forth sometimes, so I keep two tabs open for each at all times. Unfortunately this does get in the way when needing to refresh, and also getting new fresh leads in at all different times.

I may click a task over and over and will delay and not opening the correct task and act as if it never was there. The one thing that drives me crazy is that once the intial lead is completed it automatically assumes I've contacted and spoke to them and the top portion will "Contacted" and I will physically have to change it all the time!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DealerSocket
DealerSocket review by Krisna M.
Krisna M.

"AMAZING"

What do you like best?

I loved that they integrated a texting feature. They also included an ID scan that was very helpful when with customers on the lot. These features cut down on a lot of time and gave us more time to interact with our customer.

What do you dislike?

I was less enthusiastic about the abundance of steps to set up a log. It was made very difficult to set up a round robin for the employees to get leads. As well, quite often the leads did not combine. The par t that I disliked the most though was that if you ever had a problem or question in regards to the software it was almost impossible to get a straight answer, if you even got to speak to anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial run first. It is easy to maneuver and is well known in the car industry but it is not for everyone.

We are more likely to interact with a customer now that we can text them.

What Car Dealer solution do you use?

DealerSocket review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Antiquated and Limited"

What do you like best?

It helps us accomplish all of our basic CRM needs and it is built specifically for the automotive industry. This gives it features that are more relevant to our business and customer needs.

What do you dislike?

DealerSocket lacks intuitiveness and requires extensive training for many of our employees. Of course, any CRM requires good training, but a lack of user friendliness requires even more time with DealerSocket. In our business, time is money, and so is efficiency. This tool often hinders us in both categories. As a CRM, it's okay, but limited. As a marketing tool, it's poor. And the customer support from DealerSocket is awful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other options carefully before diving into DealerSocket. This tool has traditionally been the default CRM for automotive dealerships, which has made them complacent and increasingly more difficult to influence and get customized help.

DealerSocket primarily serves as our company's CRM system. It helps us communicate with our customers at strategic times and organize employee tasks in order to serve our customers better. It also serves, to a degree, as an email and drip marketing tool for us.

DealerSocket review by Laura H.
Laura H.

"DealerSocket, pros/cons"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of the system. It's very user friendly and easy to train employees on. Using Blackbird, searching for a client is bullet proof! I use this entry single day and look forward to watching it grow.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could pull up both of my dealerships under one screen. Right now, I have to keep stitching back and forth. After switching, I'll have to refresh my page a few times to see the right info.

It makes it easier to do my monthly reports.

DealerSocket review by User

"I would not recommend it!"

What do you like best?

Looks nice (doesn't mean useful) and has more stuff than some other CRM

What do you dislike?

The worst CRM I've tried so far. We've had it for more than a year now. Classic one and then Black Bird. Both of them are way too complicated for a regular person to use. Because of the same reason as well as a poor technical support it has a lot of bugs and glitches. It requires too much time from a sales person to input an information and keep CRM clean and working. So, sales people spend more time on CRM vs actually helping customers and selling cars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't buy into a contract right away, try for a couple months and see how easy or hard it is for your sales people to learn that software.

DealerSocket review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Robust and powerful; needs to keep evolving"

What do you like best?

You can pretty much do anything you imagine. The platform is very robust and feature-filled. The support staff will go to lengths to try and help do what you need to do. The platform can cover various aspects of automotive which eliminates the need for multiple platforms. There are so many aspects of a customer's experience that can be targeted and filtered and analyzed to produce powerful campaigns and lists to help further your sales and marketing initiatives.

What do you dislike?

DealerSocket needs to develop better integration with other programs and platforms. When a client uses other platforms and has to deal with data outside of DealerSocket, it becomes frustrating to not be able to sync that data. Eg: reflecting changes to a customer's file from one platform and having it update on DealerSocket can be difficult and sometimes impossible. I'm also sometimes frustrated when I contact their support team and find out that I've done something beyond their comprehension. Sometimes we imagine too big of ideas and try to do more than what DealerSocket is prepared to offer. It becomes a struggle to then have to be told either "sorry, we can't do that" or having to scale back our ideas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have patience and make sure you communicate with their support staff. There's a lot of possibilities within DealerSocket and there's a lot to discover, but the complexity can also be daunting and you can get pretty lost.

DealerSocket provides us with a great way to manage and use customer data at our group of dealerships. DealerSocket's list-builder is very powerful.

DealerSocket review by Jasmine H.
Jasmine H.

"Easy to learn!"

What do you like best?

I liked how it tracked the activity on every lead we had in the system. I was able to see my activity there as well as my associates as well.

What do you dislike?

I felt like information can get lost sometimes..I'm not sure if that was user error or due to the product, but that was frustrating at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to try & learn it. There is a lot to it, and it is helpful.

Like I previously stated, I liked how I was able to track the activity on each lead, which made it nice to see what steps needed to be taken next. We saw much success from it.

DealerSocket review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Incredible Tool for Communication, Accountability, and Information Gathering"

What do you like best?

Everything. I like the electronic secretary functionality, the line-item permissions, the lead management, the Dashboard, the reports; the list goes on.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike, I dislike GREATLY. The email template editor is horrible. It is not WYSIWYG, no matter what it tells you, and the finished product never looks right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! The compatibility is excellent and advancing. Support could be better trained, but if you are comfortable submitting your own HelpDesk tickets, this is less of an issue.

We are able to hold our employees accountable for our Sales and Service Processes, as well as appropriate follow up with customers. The ability to search our database for specific criteria through List Builder is incredibly useful to our marketing efforts, and RevenueRadar has allowed us to successfully work with our previous customers to increase sales and service business.

DealerSocket review by Brittney V.
Brittney V.

"Efficient s helpful"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to search clients and gather a history no matter the sales rep.

What do you dislike?

The app could use a bit more love, it doesn’t integrate well with the desktop version. I would like to be able to scan a drivers license and see it upload every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient and learn the quirks. We sadly have switched away from dealersocket and as much as the new format is more appealing, dealersocket meets all the professional needs effectively.

It helps me keep organized with my customers and keep track of all meetings etc.

DealerSocket review by Crista H.
Crista H.

"CRM designed for the car business"

What do you like best?

DealerSocket is an excellent way to manage leads, follow up with customers and in the end sell more cars.

What do you dislike?

DealerSocket doesn't fully integrate with our CRM provider, CDK. This provides some delays in data transfer that are unfortunate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out third party integrations fully. We signed up under the impression our DMS was supported and it turns out it isn't.

Better customer follow up, better communication, close more leads.

DealerSocket review by Taylor B.
Taylor B.

"The Best CRM in the Auto Industry"

What do you like best?

DealerSocket is at the forefront of the CRM market in the Auto Industry. They offer an all-in-one CRM solution that works with sales, finance, marketing, and service. With their recent acquisitions, they've extended their offerings to include a website service (DealerFire) a DMS (DealerTrack) and a couple others. Their customer service and support team is top notch as well.

What do you dislike?

They don't cater to the motorcycle industry that well, sometimes struggle to keep their service running quickly, and their GUI could use a facelift.

We're managing our leads and retaining our customers, automating our email, building and nurturing an email database, analyzing our dealerships performance, saving our sales and finance team time, finding new sales opportunities... The list goes on!

User in Automotive

"Dealersocket Did Not Work For Us! "

What do you like best?

I liked their e-brochures. They were awesome to send to customers! I also like the fact that you could tell when a customer was on the website and how it alerted you in the CRM. That was a good feature to let you know that your customer was still in the market and actually still shopping for a vehicle.

What do you dislike?

They did not have a good follow-up system. It was very hard to keep up with leads. The customer support was horrible. They treated you like a number instead of a customer

Their CRM did not work for us at all. They were no benefits in using the system. We changed from their company

DealerSocket review by Herschel M.
Herschel M.

"Great Comprehensive Solution"

What do you like best?

I like the CRM and wesbite integration. Very intuitive and helpful in the sales process.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would integrate leads from CRM into VAuto. Kind of cumbersome to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a hard look and realize that change is always tough but get through the initial growing pains and you will like the product

Follow up though CRM, making more sales, customer contact is easier.

DealerSocket review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"DealerSocket has helped us manage our clients and their website performance."

What do you like best?

DealerSocket allows managers to download the performance of clients, customers and their information on their automotive purchase.

What do you dislike?

The interface is very sensitive with some load-time issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very user-friendly dashboard that has an excellent support staff!

The primary benefit is the ability to track every client and customer in detail with ease.

DealerSocket review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"CRM review"

What do you like best?

DealerSocket keeps you in contact with your clients and reminds you of purchasing dates and all contact you have had with them.

What do you dislike?

The newer model is slow and doesn’t provide ways to edit info properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training is key to get the most out of this software.

This program allows you to be reminded when and how you should follow up with customers.

DealerSocket review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"A work in progress....."

What do you like best?

With the innovation of Black Bird, DS has begun to modernize.

What do you dislike?

Revenue Radar. The grading system for leads makes absolutely no sense. It needs to mimic Automotive Mastermind in terms of being a user-friendly interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use the revamp CRM, blackbird.

It’s slow, and Revenue Radar is impossible.

"Dealersocker review "

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, good originating abilities, and user friendly

What do you dislike?

Search function doesn’t work well, and the crm/dealer carry over doesn’t work well. For instance Bmw infobahn transporting notes back to crm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Crm

Good note keeping, tasks work well, able to create a schedule for calls and appointments

DealerSocket review by Administrator

"Worst CRM in the business"

What do you like best?

I did like their email template marketplace

What do you dislike?

I dislike their customer service. Also, the program is so complicated to use. The marketing tools are way to complicated for the average user. It takes multiple clicks to look at customer history. Just a bad product overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seek advice from other dealerships using DealerSocket. Don't take anyone's word for it. Get details on what works and why.

It was too complicated to use. We lost money.

DealerSocket review by Erik T. B.
Erik T. B.

"Simple to use"

What do you like best?

The flow is good and reduces paperwork. Good data base

What do you dislike?

Flipping through the pages. I wish all I needed to do was on a single page

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training is essential with follow up

Ease of contacting and maintaining my customer base

User in Automotive

"The marketing abilities in DealerSocket are great."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of sending out bulk marketing emails. The tracking of those emails and ability to gauge campaign success based on several key KPIs.

What do you dislike?

Support. DealerSocket support is slow to resolve issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is great just know support is lacking.

We are able to continually be back in front of our unsold database and mine our current customers who are coming back into market.

User in Automotive

"Robust variable software "

What do you like best?

The ability to see what happened and when

What do you dislike?

Not very applicable to fixed operations due to design

Haven't had any to resolve with the application it is used for in our company

DealerSocket review by Administrator in Newspapers
Administrator in Newspapers

"Far from the worst..?"

What do you like best?

Socket talk and text with email opt ins.

What do you dislike?

Lack of full control with task assignment and what’s sent when.

Learning about DealerSocket?

* We monitor all DealerSocket reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.