DealRoom

DealRoom

DealRoom is a tool that centralizes transaction data and diligence requests without the need for spreadsheet trackers and unsecure email threads.

Work for DealRoom?

Learning about DealRoom?

DealRoom Reviews

Ask DealRoom a Question
DealRoom review by <span>Sidarth B.</span>
Sidarth B.
What do you like best?

I have used a lot of virtual data room software in the past and Deal Room offers an extremely intuitive platform that is very easy to use. It has all the features I would need in a data room provider at a very competitive price point. The customer service and client support team are great and very easy to work with. Both Kison and Julia are extremely responsive and helpful. It is a highly dependable platform that I would highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike at the moment

Recommendations to others considering the product

Leverage the advanced features of the platform and use Julia and the rest of the customer support team for help as they are very responsive.

We use Deal Room to securely share files during an M&A transaction. Large volumes of files need to be shared in a secure, transparent manner, and Deal Room accomplishes this with ease.

Showing 38 DealRoom reviews
DealRoom review by <span>Ovais S.</span>
Ovais S.
Validated Review

Efficient platform with ease of use

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Option to upload your due diligence excel directly to the dealroom and the dealroom converts it into actionable items with direct upload options. I also like the analytics like where you can track the dealroom activity and then the option to assign tasks which is pretty cool. It is also important that you receive email notification for every activity in the dealroom

What do you dislike?

missing notifications to other platforms (sms notification may be). Even though I selected 'remember my details' options but it keeps asking for login, everytime I open my browser which is annoying. Especially when you are using multiple platforms for work purposes it is difficult to remember passwords for all the platforms. So would be great if you could fix the bug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you should definitely consider dealroom especially because its fresh in terms of its technology and is a very smart platform with number of tasks automated.

Managing different investor groups and permissions is easy which is helpful when we are doing investor outreach

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DealRoom
DealRoom review by User in Financial Services

Data Room Preparation Made Easy

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The Requests functionality has proven to be very helpful during pre-launch data room preparation. Normally we would work through data room preparation by exchanging an excel tracker back and forth with our client management team. With DealRoom, we haven’t had to exchange an excel tracker even once.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of email alerts. There is a setting to change this but I am also paranoid of missing any updates so I leave it as-is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tell your client management team to use the Requests functionality at project commencememnt. Agree on a specific posting / commenting process with them upfront and walk them through the functionality. A little bit of communication and coaching upfront goes a long way. Our client management team has picked it up very well and feel comfortable using Requests.

Inefficient communication via Excel trackers and email. By housing this within the data room itself, you streamline communication and increase efficiency. This has resulted in one of the fastest build-outs of a data room that I have seen so far.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Virtual Data Room solution do you use?

DealRoom review by <span>Alex A.</span>
Alex A.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

What has stuck out most to me is the responsiveness and overall care the DealRoom team has shown in addressing any issues or concerns as they may arise. We have even requested extra functionality / capabilities and the team has responded by building these out where possible. I have really enjoyed working with the team and would definitely recommend.

What do you dislike?

Small kinks in beginning of process led to some process inefficiencies but these were largely addressed once bringing up with the DealRoom team.

Data room for sell side process

DealRoom review by <span>Tyler H.</span>
Tyler H.

Intuitive and Time Efficient

Validated Review
What do you like best?

DealRoom has saved our team time and allowed our client to comfortably use a secure data room without having trouble understanding the platform. The ability to create and adjust the index of folders in an easy, efficient manner is especially helpful. Also, setting permissions and understanding who has access to certain folders and files is very transparent which limits stress levels when uploading sensitive documents.

What do you dislike?

I've been using DealRoom for little over a month and I have yet to experience any features that I dislike or would like to see improved.

Because DealRoom is easy to use for the deal team and the client, it simply saves time that can be allocated to more pertinent aspects of the deal and avoids unnecessary stress.

DealRoom review by <span>Natan M.</span>
Natan M.

Easy to Use

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform, and its ability to help organize diligence lists.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far that has been an un-fixable issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My firm had never used a data room service before. We decided to use DealRoom because they were able to provide a reasonably priced solutions that clearly met our key needs. The customer support is great - anyone from the company who is available can help you when you have an issue and they are very open to incorporating customer feedback.

I used to have to manually track diligence lists for difference investors/lenders, now I can enter them online, keep them organized, and keep the materials I'm sharing all in one place.

DealRoom review by <span>Matt B.</span>
Matt B.

Best Dealroom Available

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The ability to create DealRooms on demand is a huge value add for us. With the design, ease of use/ drag and drop user interface, creating a dealroom takes virtually no time. It is a direct mirror of our internal file system of folder organization. As such, we waste no time having to upload, convert, shuffle – fit our process into a predesigned framework. I’ve wasted hours/days/weeks doing just that using other providers, time that is better spent executing deals. Additionally, through the creation of user groups with identical access privileges, the required administration time is as minimal as possible. We have not yet incorporated using the question / answer functionality, but I definitely see the benefits, as we often find ourselves answering the same questions from multiple potential investors. I foresee that in the future we could manage the entire due diligence information dissemination process using dealroom, largely bypassing the cumbersome, time-consuming, email back and forth which is currently the norm. Our biggest obstacle right now is to find the time to fully learn and utilize all the functionality that is at our fingertips in dealroom

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. The only I can say is that I don't have enough time to learn all of the functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An absolute no brainer. At this stage, I delegate dealroom preparation and administration. However, the increased productivity I get from my analysts and associates is directly attributable to dealroom. That is real productive time spent on doing deals, not record keeping/administration. It provides tremendous value to the user.

Efficiency. Dealroom makes creating a dealrooms as simple and fast as possible. I have personally lost days of productivity in dealroom setup and maintenance using other providers. Not to mention the robust functionality allows greater bifurcation, control of access, and most importantly data on usuage.

Learn more about DealRoom

DealRoom Videos

Learning about DealRoom?

* We monitor all DealRoom reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.