DealRoom

DealRoom

DealRoom is a tool that centralizes transaction data and diligence requests without the need for spreadsheet trackers and unsecure email threads.

Work for DealRoom?

Learning about DealRoom?

DealRoom Reviews

Ask DealRoom a Question
DealRoom review by <span>Tyler H.</span>
Tyler H.

Intuitive and Time Efficient

What do you like best?

DealRoom has saved our team time and allowed our client to comfortably use a secure data room without having trouble understanding the platform. The ability to create and adjust the index of folders in an easy, efficient manner is especially helpful. Also, setting permissions and understanding who has access to certain folders and files is very transparent which limits stress levels when uploading sensitive documents.

What do you dislike?

I've been using DealRoom for little over a month and I have yet to experience any features that I dislike or would like to see improved.

Because DealRoom is easy to use for the deal team and the client, it simply saves time that can be allocated to more pertinent aspects of the deal and avoids unnecessary stress.

Showing 52 DealRoom reviews
DealRoom review by <span>David T.</span>
David T.

DealRoom Experience

What do you like best?

Easy to use, with good screen presence and typical structure. The organization and ease of use makes it user friendly. This was intuitive, and easy to just step right into. I had no problems, except for not finding a way to drag and drop files into an upload queue. The search function, when trying to upload was good. It was not so different from the "norm" that it was difficult to figure out.

What do you dislike?

I didn't see a way to drag and drop files for upload. Other than that, the organization and ease of use makes it user friendly. Our industry, manufacturing, is not listed in your list of industries. I think is should be. This was intuitive, and easy to just step right into. I had no problems, except for not finding a way to drag and drop files into an upload queue. The search function, when trying to upload was good. It was not so different from the "norm" that it was difficult to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product. Still has room for improvement, but pretty darn good the way it is. I didn't need to use any support. This was intuitive, and easy to just step right into.

Supplying documents to people requesting them in a secure fashion. Easy to learn, easy to use. We did not select, but were asked to use this by someone doing some work for us. Our industry, manufacturing, is not listed in your list of industries. I think is should be. This was intuitive, and easy to just step right into

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DealRoom
DealRoom review by <span>Ovais S.</span>
Ovais S.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Efficient platform with ease of use

What do you like best?

Option to upload your due diligence excel directly to the dealroom and the dealroom converts it into actionable items with direct upload options. I also like the analytics like where you can track the dealroom activity and then the option to assign tasks which is pretty cool. It is also important that you receive email notification for every activity in the dealroom

What do you dislike?

missing notifications to other platforms (sms notification may be). Even though I selected 'remember my details' options but it keeps asking for login, everytime I open my browser which is annoying. Especially when you are using multiple platforms for work purposes it is difficult to remember passwords for all the platforms. So would be great if you could fix the bug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you should definitely consider dealroom especially because its fresh in terms of its technology and is a very smart platform with number of tasks automated.

Managing different investor groups and permissions is easy which is helpful when we are doing investor outreach

What Virtual Data Room solution do you use?

DealRoom review by <span>Sidarth B.</span>
Sidarth B.

Great Software / Customer Service / Ease of Use

What do you like best?

I have used a lot of virtual data room software in the past and Deal Room offers an extremely intuitive platform that is very easy to use. It has all the features I would need in a data room provider at a very competitive price point. The customer service and client support team are great and very easy to work with. Both Kison and Julia are extremely responsive and helpful. It is a highly dependable platform that I would highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike at the moment

Recommendations to others considering the product

Leverage the advanced features of the platform and use Julia and the rest of the customer support team for help as they are very responsive.

We use Deal Room to securely share files during an M&A transaction. Large volumes of files need to be shared in a secure, transparent manner, and Deal Room accomplishes this with ease.

DealRoom review by User
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

What do you like best?

I like the organization features of dealroom, including the request feature and the ability to upload documents/responses to each request and mark the progress of each request. This is very helpful when having to track the progress of multiple requests and alleviates the need for a separate request list.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I can think of was an issue that we encountered where one of the folders got temporarily removed from the dealroom and when it was added back, the file references were slightly different (i.e. 2.1.2.2 vs. 2.2.2.2), which caused some extra work to rename the file references in some of our schedules.

Dealroom provides us the ability to have one database to track the progress of requests and the ability to see uploaded files or responses for each request, which saves a lot of time since you do not have to track down what certain files are for that have been uploaded.

DealRoom review by User in Financial Services

Data Room Preparation Made Easy

What do you like best?

The Requests functionality has proven to be very helpful during pre-launch data room preparation. Normally we would work through data room preparation by exchanging an excel tracker back and forth with our client management team. With DealRoom, we haven’t had to exchange an excel tracker even once.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of email alerts. There is a setting to change this but I am also paranoid of missing any updates so I leave it as-is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tell your client management team to use the Requests functionality at project commencememnt. Agree on a specific posting / commenting process with them upfront and walk them through the functionality. A little bit of communication and coaching upfront goes a long way. Our client management team has picked it up very well and feel comfortable using Requests.

Inefficient communication via Excel trackers and email. By housing this within the data room itself, you streamline communication and increase efficiency. This has resulted in one of the fastest build-outs of a data room that I have seen so far.

DealRoom review by <span>Alex A.</span>
Alex A.

Good platform for Data room staging, clean and interactive interface, and responsive support team

What do you like best?

What has stuck out most to me is the responsiveness and overall care the DealRoom team has shown in addressing any issues or concerns as they may arise. We have even requested extra functionality / capabilities and the team has responded by building these out where possible. I have really enjoyed working with the team and would definitely recommend.

What do you dislike?

Small kinks in beginning of process led to some process inefficiencies but these were largely addressed once bringing up with the DealRoom team.

Data room for sell side process

Learn more about DealRoom

DealRoom Videos

Learning about DealRoom?

* We monitor all DealRoom reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.