Definitive Healthcare

Definitive Healthcare provides comprehensive, up-to-date, and integrated data on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.

Work for Definitive Healthcare?

Learning about Definitive Healthcare?

Definitive Healthcare Reviews

Ask Definitive Healthcare a Question
Showing 19 Definitive Healthcare reviews
Definitive Healthcare review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"If your goal is to synthesize actionable insights, Definitive Healthcare is your platform."

What do you like best?

With any system end user adoption is critical. Definitive Healthcare's (DH) platform has been designed with that in mind. As the amount of data grows exponentially managing data becomes a key pain point for most. DH user interface is elegant, intuitive and clearly laid out. Meaning for our team, training, adoption and satisfaction, after deploying Definitive, has been extremely high. With that said, the business benefits of having the sheer volume of data that Definitive houses (organized, segmented, exportable), at your fingertips, cannot be understated. Game changer.

What do you dislike?

Overall, I am a very satisfied user. The only item, as an end user, that has to be thought through when utilizing the DH platform is the yearly cycle of available data. As with most data sets there is a slight delay as to when the source (i.e. for our needs CMS) publishes. For the users this just means consideration must be given to this facet when analyzing / planning.

A crucial piece of our strategy is to be as proactive in an ever-changing market as possible. This is where Definitive Healthcare comes in as a trusted partner. Relying on what they do best: monitoring the landscape and segmenting the market in real-time, has allowed our teams to focus on analyzing the market instead of constructing it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Definitive Healthcare
Definitive Healthcare review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Definitive Healthcare - Market Researcher's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

I really like how robust the information is within the database; the sheer quantity of data points on all of the health systems/practices has helped immensely in many of my research projects. Additionally, the support team is excellent - I always get the help I need and questions answered same day, and someone is always willing to hop on a call for the more intensive inquiries.

What do you dislike?

It would just be nitpicking, but some of data I have sought just isn't available in the system. This is a very rare occurrence, however.

We are able to derive thousands of quality contacts from definitive for our sales team and CRM database. Additionally, the report builder and salesforce integration have proven invaluable in how we can acquire information about our target market.

What Other Health Care solution do you use?

Definitive Healthcare review by Nathan V.
Nathan V.

"Lots of great information"

What do you like best?

The amount of information that you have in regards to hospital quality metrics and contact information is unmatched.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive and sometimes gives you the wrong email address or title for a contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the healthcare industry, take advantage of the quality metrics. They are very valuable and hospitals care about them!

We are generating prospects at a higher level due to the amount in the DHC database. We are also able to have more valuable information due to utilizing the quality metrics in DHC's database.

Definitive Healthcare review by Alamin U.
Alamin U.

"The company sues its customers. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM."

What do you like best?

Nothing. The concept is great. But the product does not work and sales people lie.

What do you dislike?

The sales rep that sold me on the product misrepresented what it does. Yes, it's a list of healthcare providers, but 90% are missing contact info. The sales rep promised 95% accuracy, the total opposite!

Signing that contract with them has been a huge headache for me and my business. Do yourself a favor and do not do business with them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not do business with them. They will sue you! I have spoken with other companies that they have also sued!

Was hoping get a database that will help our sales team. I have gained 0 benefits. Instead, nothing but headaches and a law suit by the company!!

Definitive Healthcare review by Megan P.
Megan P.

"Very well organized data sets"

What do you like best?

I have received nothing but EXCELLENT customer service from Definitive Healthcare; professional demeanor, quick responses, and always a solution to any issue I may be experiencing (usually something small, like a basic inquiry or log-in issues). Additionally, Definitive Heatlthcare offers a full suite of complex data, broken down in a manageable output.

What do you dislike?

The cost can seem somewhat prohibitive and required considerable effort to get the appropriate parties on board.

We have several use-case scenarios, from customized dashboards to finally having access to a full set of physician data. Another group is highly interested in the claims data, and our IT group is exploring using Definitive Healthcare to enhance our Account Profile view within Salesforce.com

Definitive Healthcare review by User

"Muy personal view day by day "

What do you like best?

This app is the best that i have been used in my company to provide of intelligence and data base in the hospitals, physicians and with the pharmacys. I liked to work with these program because everything is very easy. access to reports both in the emergency room and in the office, as well as with the suppliers of medicines, accessing this program everything is computerized and controlled at all times. Pharmacies can also access it and be in contact with the store and the distribution company. It is easy to use and very good program for patient and stock control.

What do you dislike?

what I dislike most is the speed of processing, how many people are loading data, there comes a time that is blocked and necessarily have to close and reopen. People I know write outside the program and then open to load to avoid wasting time. I do not like the interface either, the search becomes very heavy since if you make a mistake in a letter it gives everything for null. would modify the search so that if there is a wrong letter no error and look also the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it and I would like it to be used as it could be used to computerize everything and consider broader and better studies. especially to stop using medication and not sell drugs without a prescription and in vain. since they are the cause of higher mortality in people of advanced age, so it could be used for more detailed records and computerize without problem any history of a citizen or a patient in any health field.

I solved all the stocking problems. It was the intermediary between the pharmacy and the store, the dependent himself as well as we controlled both what came and went and what we had at all times. We learned that by doing a small revision at the end of the day we had everything under control and the errors were minimal and compatible. I have also used it in my time in the department that controlled emergencies and plants, the dispensation of medication was done through this program and the truth is that I was very happy with it. they taught me how to use it to facilitate the process at the beginning, but then we ended up doing it and integrating with it the work of each day. a great tool

Definitive Healthcare review by Tim M.
Tim M.

"Incredible product, innovative company, outstanding service. "

What do you like best?

This is the most comprehensive and actionable data available on the market. Definitive continues to bolster their offering and is committed to helping us achieve our goals. A true partner.

What do you dislike?

Zero complaints to date. Fully satisfied in our investment.

Helped to improve our targeting and segmentation efforts.

More profitable revenue generation.

Better ROI assiciated with lead generation investments.

Definitive Healthcare review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"Definitive Healthcare - incredible healthcare database"

What do you like best?

Great tool & great customer service. Always willing to work with us and go the extra mile.

What do you dislike?

Some of the information can be slightly out of date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There’s a lot of information here which can be somewhat overwhelming if you don’t have a healthcare background; Definitive provides free, on-going training – take advantage of this.

o We use it to further understand affiliations, identify target accounts, and obtain direct contact info (etc.). Definitive helps us navigate the everchanging world healthcare.

Definitive Healthcare review by VInce F.
VInce F.

" Opened up an entirely new approach to my business. Puts me light years ahead of my competitor."

What do you like best?

The endless amount of data available. If you can think of it, they have it! The personal service offered by the account exec's.

What do you dislike?

Not one thing! Not one thing! Not one thing! Not one thing! Not one thing! Not one thing!

Looking at our business from an entirely new direction with the ability to better understand customer's concerns. Many times before the customer realizes it for themselves.

Definitive Healthcare review by User

"A vital piece of how I do business"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of navigating through the database and that I can really drill down on the specifics of each facility for exactly what I am looking for. The customer service has been wonderful over the years. They are quick to respond and constantly strive to improve the user experience.

What do you dislike?

At times the contacts listed are out of date.

We are able to utilize this database to keep apprised of changes in the healthcare industry that affect our business. Teh system is updated daily with new information which is vital for us.

Definitive Healthcare review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Definitive Healthcare"

What do you like best?

This is a great software/website for looking up pertinent and ongoing updates on the majority of Healthcare Systems across the country. I have used Definitive Healthcare to do research of healthcare facilities before I do onsite visits with their management teams.

What do you dislike?

There password reset is not the greatest, many times it gives you error messages when trying to reset your password. Having issues with it right now. I would definitely recommend they fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Great for researching information on different Healthcare Systems across the country: new mergers, management changes & general updates on facilities.

Definitive Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Top 3 necessities in my job"

What do you like best?

Adore this tool. Very current, provides helpful information on mergers and talent acquisition across the country.

What do you dislike?

there is very little that I dislike. sometimes too many spam emails

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is an excellent tool to start a general understanding of the healthcare landscape (physician and hospital) for entering new markets or understanding market influences.

entering new markets with Joint Venture partners. It provides a good landscape to begin to assess supply and demand and help complete our pro formas

"Current information"

What do you like best?

I can easily search hospitals and exeutives

What do you dislike?

It is not current with wholesalers. Sometimes they list the wrong pharmaceutical wholesalers. Also would like to see when the pharmacy is going out for RFP

Easily can search hospital information for prospecting

Definitive Healthcare review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"A valuable tool to learn more about your customers"

What do you like best?

I like how you can filter data by hospital.

What do you dislike?

Not much not too like. But i guess you could say there is too much information, which is a good thing!

I am assisting my customers (hospitals) in identifying cost saving initiatives.

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

I like the insights into the different healthcare companies.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot of contact information for the people at the organizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a helpful product to have if you work in sales or customer service at a business that targets healthcare systems. Not as much helpful information on the payor or insurance side of things.

We use it for prospecting customers and to learn information about the companies that we target.

Definitive Healthcare review by Kris H.
Kris H.

"Great source of sales data"

What do you like best?

They not only give you contact information but also relevant news and RFP information

What do you dislike?

Wish the report writer was a little bit more user friendly

Obtaining relevant data on contacts for sales individuals

Definitive Healthcare review by User

"Insightful Database for the Healthcare Industry"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate and provides insightful new and intelligence.

What do you dislike?

Some of the information can be slightly out of date, but generally this is not the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a perfect tool for anyone that needs to do any type of market research within the Healthcare Industry.

We use Definitive Healthcare for market research. The data it provides is incomparable to that of other databases.

Definitive Healthcare review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Excellent Resource and Support"

What do you like best?

We are able to access comprehensive information to guide market intelligence initiatives.

What do you dislike?

Physician information is dated based upon CMS reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training and follow-up service has been marvelous. Very accommodating and attentive to our team.

Market Intelligence, expansive insights into provider employment and additional affiliations. Saves infinite amounts of time related to guessing or doing additional online research.

Definitive Healthcare review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent Source for Healthcare Industry Data for Hospitals and Ambulatory Care"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive Information, the level of detail.

What do you dislike?

Price. Information can be outdated and doesn't get updated fast enough. Data can be incorrect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use their support to help your users navigate their platform and if you use Salesforce link data using their app.

Account Hierarchy, understanding the market, account demographic information

Learning about Definitive Healthcare?

* We monitor all Definitive Healthcare reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.