Dell Boomi

(147 reviews)

Dell Boomi AtomSphere connects any combination of cloud & on-premise applications directly from the web with no software, coding or appliances to install.

Work for Dell Boomi?

Learning about Dell Boomi?

Dell Boomi Reviews

Showing 169 Dell Boomi reviews
Dell Boomi review by Nguyễn Xuân  T.
Nguyễn Xuân T.

"Powerful tool for cloud-bases systems integration"

What do you like best?

Lots of built-in cloud-bases systems connection API to implement the integration.

The shapes have strong capabilities enough to build the integration to fulfill the business need.

Do not spend much time to learn and implement the integration

What do you dislike?

Not support the excel file

The map only support 1 to 1 profile, it would be better to have n to 1 profile mapping

The source version control is not too good to avoid conflict.

No detail compassion between revision is a point need to be improved

No details enough in the logs to troubleshoot the issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick and reliable solution for cloud-based systems integration then Dell Boomi is a very good choice. Training materials provided by Dell Boomi is also a big plus, so gaining the Boomi implementation skill is not a big challenge.

Implement the B2B integration between Vendors system and NetSuite. Because of the built-in shapes and connections, the implementation is taking less time and effort

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Dell Boomi
Dell Boomi review by Scott W.
Scott W.

"iAAS Comes of Age"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use combined with Vendor Support. The core concepts are easy to grasp and the ability to implement complex use cases exists as well. There are a number of specific application connectors along with generic ones to meet any integration need. Self guided and Instructor led Training are both available through Dell and Dell Support is the best I have ever dealt with.

What do you dislike?

This is difficult to quantify. The ability to travers documents on the canvas could be easier although Dell has implemented the ability to make suggestions that the community can vote on. Suggestions with enough support are made part of the core product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Do a POC.

Sharing business information between applications is the primary business problem that I am solving with Boomi both real-time and batch (ETL). Time to market is the big benefit. Integrations that used to take weeks or months to design, code and test can be done in hours or days.

What iPaaS solution do you use?

Dell Boomi review by Administrator in Computer Software

"feeling Amazing with this product for integration"

What do you like best?

The thing i liked the best in dell boomi is that the process canavas is user friendly. The shapes are easy to select and the best part is the drag and drop option. The process is easy to run in the test mode and the results observed is user friendly.It is easily understandable to the users. The document provided by the dell boomi is also an easy way to get access to the dell boomi.Its easy to work with the connectors as well.

What do you dislike?

The main part which i didnt like in dell boomi is that the groovy scripting which is being used in map shape and the data process shape. The coding part is quite difficult for me to understand.Their should be a small change in the scripting side coding that should be minimised. The document provided by dell boomi should be in detailed with the examples.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend to use dell boomi as a platform its quite simple and easy to use its user friendly too.

I am working with salesforce updation for practice .I felt more easy working with it. The connection and operation of the sales force is easily upgraded. The another best thing which i felt is working with the API's is also very user understandable way. By using mail connectors to send mails to multiple mails using a single connector.

Dell Boomi review by Christopher H.
Christopher H.

"Boomi as a Solution"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, I am not a developer and have very little knowledge of how to code or write code, Boomi empowers users like myself to connect Cloud and On prem applications at ease and do it quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike here, the release process has seen some issues so from them more testing before a release but nothing that slowed business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at what you are trying to achieve and where your business will be in three years, if you need to solve one point to point problem probably look at other applications. If you have complex logic, want to have re-useable API's, reusable components and the ability to connect to Cloud and Prem applications look no further!

Connecting all Business SaaS and on prem applications, we also plan to use their Master Data Hub and I see a lot of value in Flow. I would also like to use their API management as we continue to grow as a company.

Dell Boomi review by Robert H.
Robert H.

"I've Never Worked With an Easier Tool!"

What do you like best?

We can integrate to external systems (via existing APIs), internal systems and APIs, internal resources (databases, file systems, messaging buses, web services, etc.). I've never worked with an easier tool. You can do 70-80% of your development with NO CODE whatsoever. You can do another 15% with some limited code in JavaScript or Groovy (mostly for data manipulation that's beyond what Boomi natively provides), and the other 5% you can call out to existing code libraries, code libraries you create in Boomi, or new code you've written. I've never been stopped or slowed down by this tool... most of the time I can write solutions FAR faster in Boomi. We rarely find something that Boomi can't do - but a quick consult with Boomi resources (at DELL or in the community) generally produces a solution that works.

What do you dislike?

Boomi does a LOT of the heavy lifting for you (e.g. versioning, deployment) - so integrating it into a standard DevOps environment for versioning, deployment, and bug fixing can present some challenges to make it follow the existing paradigm. Though there are new features in Boomi now that make the process easier and Boomi tends to respond to developer needs on the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a quick POC and you'll be converted - it's extremely easy to develop a process or web service and have it running in hours or days. Your investment for a simple POC is minimal and you'll be pretty impressed with the results. I sure was!

More and more of our SOA platform is being developed on Boomi and most of our integrations with new and existing systems is done on Boomi.

Dell Boomi review by SrinivasChandrakanth V.
SrinivasChandrakanth V.

"The best among Cloud Integration iPaaS providers, #1 Integration Cloud"

What do you like best?

Below are some of the highlights I can put forward:

# Lucid documentation of the product.

# Manual configuration of runtime engine is really awesome, for this one reason I could say BOOMI is an best product among iPaaS providers.

# Well to get into more technical aspects one having basic knowledge on different systems can get adopted to this BOOMI very quickly because you have best documentation to move on.

# Even one who is beginner to programming concepts of OOPS can get things done in a quite easy manner.

# Best part here I can put forward is that this product moved out of box now! by adding a "custom connector" concept where in a developer can try to connect to different systems by coding himself apart from inbuilt provided connectors.

# Community is another noticeable part where in you can get enormous knowledge of the product from "Knowledge Center", "Forums" .

# I couldn't stop myself in endorsing product team as they provide additional section "Ideas" where in you can post an idea of your choice which you want this product to implement and based on number of votes given and Boomi Experts reviews, your idea can be taken into account and accepted to backlog and you can see that gets published in the future releases. (I created some ideas where in they added it to the product as an enhancement)

#This is my only choice to implement integration scenarios in a minimum time and monitor in an easy manner.

What do you dislike?

# From a customer perspective I could say the build is done in hours and zero maintenance too but @ higher pricing.

# Based on fast moving IT world Boomi should also adapt in implementing new authentications techniques and standard connectors.

# Most of the things are almost covered but some enhancements in Groovy, JavaScript editors will definitely make it unique.

# For now this supports Groovy and JS as built in scripting languages, additionally I prefer to add some more built in scripting languages.

# Importing JAVA Classes into boomi is a bit tricky for now, but this is taken to backlog for easy user interface implementation and will be provided in future release.

Above are some points in my perspective, but with present capabilities also we can somehow achieve our requirement goals to get them done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

* Go for this lightweight integration tool which has massive capabilities to integrate across various systems irrespective of domain sectors.

* Your licensing cost would really worth on choosing this product.

* Security aspects are taken care with huge priority.

* Ease of monitoring and restrictions among users accessing boomi makes it unique from a customer's security.

I have integrated ETL interfaces, Developed API's, Exposed Web Services in my projects on Boomi.

I was successful in implementing B2G and B2B integration with ease and less security prone activities.

Salesforce, NetSuite, SAP, SuccessFactors, SugarCRM, Workday, oDATA, Microsoft Dynamics etc are some of systems to which I had developed successful integration.

I have also Implemented integration for banking sector too.

Security aspects are mainly implemented in this product, hence was able to work on different integration scenarios irrespective of Domain systems.

Dell Boomi review by Doug J.
Doug J.

"Flexible & Powerful / API, UX Issues"

What do you like best?

Boomi is a flexible and powerful solution for data integration. It has shown itself to be very stable once the processes have been created. There's a lot of versatility under the hood, it just sometimes takes a lot of work to figure out the right/best way to implement a given process. It was a more cost-effective option compared to some other solutions we examined.

What do you dislike?

I found the Boomi learning curve to be quite steep and the documentation (specifically examples of working processes) to be lacking. Basic integrations are straightforward, but complex processes require a lot of moving parts, some of them buried behind multiple layers of windows. As a developer, it is frustrating to spend 20 clicks on doing something that could be written in a couple lines of code. I was longing for a full-featured API to set up the processes and mapping in some sort of domain-specific language, but alas, none exists. I also feel like the UI could use some improvement. The process/connector browser, specifically, gets quite cumbersome when working with multiple projects and/or complex integrations. Having to manually switch over all the connectors over when moving to production seems overly painful. I'm constantly worried that something will be missed in a deep layer that will cause the integration to fail. Again, I'm just used to working with code and Boomi feels like coding via UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does what it advertises, but there may be other competitors that are worth a look.

Two-way data integration with Salesforce and an external database. Other one-way integrations to support various systems.

Dell Boomi review by Claudio M.
Claudio M.

"Amazing Tool"

What do you like best?

its branded connectors make integrations easy to manage and develop.

What do you dislike?

Graphic limitations.

The whole development environment is graphical.

Some specific functions of programming like LOOP are not included. (But you can manually do a loop using sub processing)

Recommendations to others considering the product

+implement loop features.

+keep improving the graphical environment.

Personally, I will like to see curves on the arrow indicators of the steps.

Just imagine that a big company contracts you to migrate or synchronize all its transactions from one system to other, with the maximum standards on security.

That's what AtomSphere can do and more.

I'm an Integration developer at Trajectory Inc. a Boomi and NetSuite partner company.

On our daily work, we create integrations between a wide variety of systems to NetSuite.

The key for the success on cases like the described above is Boomi AtomSphere.

With a wide support for standard and branded web services connections and using local and cloud atoms, Boomi can integrate basically everything.

Totally recommended.

Dell Boomi review by Britto P.
Britto P.

"Boom Boom Boomi the iPaaS Leader"

What do you like best?

I had been working with MS BizTalk server for almost 7 years. When I had an opportunity to work for Boomi cloud platform, I took it up with mixed thoughts. Now I say that Boomi is indeed very developer friendly. No installation and versioning head aches, No writing debugging codes, simple way of deployment. It took my perception of iPaaS to different level.

What do you dislike?

I always felt that it needs to allow developers to write custom components based on the business need. For every integration I have almost all connectors. It actually pampers developers. I see things are becoming easier on every release. And Synchronous processes needs to be handled much better way. Any window that pops up for any config changes, do not have the option to move the window. It is stable always due to which I had to close every time if I had to see what is at the back of the window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Dell Boomi if your requirement is to integrate many cloud platforms. It is user friendly, easy to use, Simple to deploy and install. No major hiccups and your development time could be reduced by 50% depends on the complexity of the functionalities compared to other competitors

I have been integrating cloud systems between NetSuite, GMAX, Coupa, Bridger and Interfactura. I mainly involved in validating the incoming data and applying business logics and send across to different systems. Boomi perfectly fits into my integration need. It does good.

Dell Boomi review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Great middleware tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand interface with click to build functionality rather than coding. Boomi also integrates with a huge library of applications to allow you to help your applications talk to one another. Lastly, Dell is offering a bunch of great free training to help you get up to speed and understand it better.

What do you dislike?

Pricing (at least for us) is based on how many connectors you have so depending on how many systems you are looking to create, it can get quite expensive. We integrate with a number of customers and a handful of operations, so the cost adds up.

We have data we want synchronized between multiple systems and the main one is an iSeries AS400 talking to Salesforce. The AS400 is great as our ERP, but lousy for CRM needs, reporting, helping us discover trends, etc. which Salesforce is good at, so having data in both systems allows us to take advantage of the technology in Salesforce

Dell Boomi review by Rethwik J.
Rethwik J.

"A well balanced, easy to use cloud Integration tool"

What do you like best?

There are actually many things that I like about Dell Boomi. One thing that I like the most is the immediate response of the Dell team. We can provide our suggestions which we feel is necessary and they will review it and immediately start working on it.

As it is cloud based, we can access it from anywhere and the UI of this software is very user friendly and we can implement our logic without any confusion or hindrances.

What do you dislike?

Occasional hangs which occurs specially while working with advanced search features of connectors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very User friendly software with highly responsive team

I was able to automate several processes which involves integration with Salesforce, Sucessfactors, NetSuite, ViewCentral and many more third party vendors which otherwise would have caused a lot of manual effort and would have been more error prone.

Dell Boomi review by Nam T.
Nam T.

"Starter using Dell Boomi"

What do you like best?

This is the cloud based tool integrating Built-in processes/shapes. It is not requiring much more programing knowledge to implement process rather than drag and drop. It also allows use to be easy to implement a new process, maintain it and easy to monitor the system.

Because it is cloud-based tool, you can access to this over the internet and facilitate in support during weekend

What do you dislike?

This is web client and there is no database to keep track activities such as transactions submitted into Netsuite. This is really challengable if we want to do complex manufacturing flow.

It is not recommended to customize scripts to accommodate more complicated manufacturing flows that are in the real world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dell Boomi is the tool that we can use to integrate several different flow and submit into Netsuite or any other ERP systems. It also integrated into the cloud-based applications.

As this is the tool that requires not much programing skill to work on this to integrate with ERP system such as Netsuite. There are also simply to track, monitor and maintain processes built in. Business users can be owners or developers of processes.

Dell Boomi review by Vyshnavi G.
Vyshnavi G.

"Boomi A Very Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

Boomi gave a wonderful opportunity to learn and use it as the core middle ware platform.

The shapes in Boomi canvas are very much powerful using connectors we can integrate all the end systems very easily. It is very developer friendly. The community page is go to whenever and wherever if you are stuck!

What do you dislike?

The fact that I could not see the back end code which I am used to from decades is the only thing I feel not likely but it may be the perks of using a light weight tools

Recommendations to others considering the product

Defiantly try it ,it is definite worth of time and money.

Connecting with other cloud platforms and other ERP systems very quickly and easily is one main problem we solved very easily.

Dell Boomi review by James S.
James S.

"Integration Software that Actually Works"

What do you like best?

I like the visual development platform that lets you create and customize integrations to meet specific needs. It gives very robust control of the integration pattern.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Would like to see a library of common integrations to help get started. Better learning resources for EDI and MDM would be beneficial. Additionally it can be a little tricky to manage connectors -- multiple versions can accumulate if you are not careful, which consume licenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all the learning resources.

Integrating ERP systems to ecommerce and crm are the primary uses for Boomi. I find that this makes integrations with multiple endpoints easier because the tool can handle all integrations.

Dell Boomi review by Leif J.
Leif J.

"Build integration processes faster than ever"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Dell Boomi is it is extremely easy to use, there is plenty of help both in the Community Forum and the Support. As integration developer I have really enjoyed lots of hours with Boomi and just find out how to create processes, find out how to use objects simply by learning by doing.

Tracking errors is also very easy through process reporting, as you can extract the exact document and run it through test. On the different connector shapes it is easy to add tracked fields, which also is very helpfull when searching for why something happened.

When an integration process has been made it is very easy to change mappings, add new functionality, output documents as any kind you may wish.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I think the documentation in Boomi help, is a bit short. The examples of how to do things is not sufficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead

The key benefit is that the graphic in the Build page also serves as documentation.

You can enter a process and see exactly what happens when. When testing it is very easy to follow the documents as they pass through the different process shapes.

We use Dell Boomi for reporting purposes to different business controllers, we have created integrations between us and 100+ stores, and have integrated the salary system with our staff management system, collect data and send to Google pub/sub, integrated with GS1 Tradesync.

Dell Boomi review by Steve E.
Steve E.

"Boomi Product Review"

What do you like best?

The easy to follow layout for building complex processes. Good support when things don't make sense. Flexibility to fallback on javascript or groovy if pre-defined shapes aren't doing enough. Good pre-built logging.

What do you dislike?

Some error responses are hard to understand. No efforts made to upgrade QB SDK for a QB integration so you lose functionality with key fields like SKU and item types. No work around either as QB is really specific how you connect with it. I guess I should be glad they have an option to connect to QB at all.

But by and large, I've never had an integration that I could accomplish with Boomi. Every single integration I've done (about 100 different EDI messages to a wild array of systems) have all been made extremely efficient because of this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want the ability to build complex data integration but still have it be flexible and easy enough to use that multiple people can work on the same thing without confusing or breaking pre-existing work, then Boomi is the perfect product. You want reliable logging, easy troubleshooting, and good support then Boomi is for you.

Connecting an extremely wide variety of different systems together within days rather than weeks. Having a ton of flexibility with mapping fields and updating processes to handle more or less within hours instead of days. Every EDI team I come across seems way less organized and their development times are always at least double. I didn't know a thing about EDI before I started working with this tool and now I feel like an absolute Pro, ready to dictate how an integration needs to go, rather than react to what a business may need. I can create extremely robust processes that send detailed messages as to why data might have failed a test. This makes for great communication between Vendor and Customer and ultimately helps planning and doing business.

Dell Boomi review by Sebastian G.
Sebastian G.

"Leading Integration Platform"

What do you like best?

Boomi allows for very rapid development of integrations. It also allows for creating reusable components to make maintenance across integrations easier.

Boomi has very powerful versioning and logging capabilities.

User management is extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The only major dislike is that Boomi does not support folder level permission to different integrations. This creates issues sometimes.

Other minor items:

There is no keyword search for large process logs.

Connections cannot be easily checked/tested when they are being created.

Boomi does not provide a native small database to be used for quick processes. It would be very helpful to have this available even when storage is not the purpose of Boomi, it would be very useful to provide a native database space workplace with limited in size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not see any Boomi clients that after using it for a while, are not happy with the product. The only concern potential customers face is cost of for this platform.

Integration and data transformation across systems.

Benefits of using Boomi over other products we have tested are clear, Boomi is robust and very user friendly.

Dell Boomi review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"EZPZ. Boomi supported our Infor Lawson whereas others couldn't"

What do you like best?

Our first effort was to create EDI documents for health care enrollment. While we didn't know any of the lingo, there was learning system on Boomi to learn. We had great help from Boomi staff to accomplish all the goals.

What do you dislike?

While EDI is supposed to be a rigid definition so that all the vendors could seamlessly exchange data, we found that companies all love to customize it a bit. (our health, dental and vision providers all had different customization) That was what I disliked about EDI. On the great side, is that we could easily customize the EDI profile to fit what the vendors needed. Again, its not a dislike of Boomi, but, the promise of EDI itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. You will find that you spend far more time figuring out the business case and meeting about the work, then building and maintaining the work. Its truly an internet product.

retiring stored procedures, triggers, Cobol and other applications. dramatically increasing the exposure of their results to the business, auditing of data exchanges, and providing obvious documents to architecture. (screenshots of the canvas is a visual diagram)

Dell Boomi review by Vivek S.
Vivek S.

"Dell Boomi make integrating applications far easier than ever before."

What do you like best?

Dell Boomi removes all the headaches associated with integration. It is very fast and good tool to develop the EDI/API based integration.

Dell Boomi has almost all the connector available as per the industry need.

Debugging and monitoring the integrations is simple and easy to use in Dell Boomi.

The Boomi interface is simple and easy to develop and Test the processes.

Boomi provides multiple Data Security features.

What do you dislike?

After every release few functionality are not working properly for example: In recent release I notices that the previous Atom selection in test mode is not working but it fixed in next release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please try Dell Boomi it's very good tool for all type of integration on Cloud and on Premises.

I am working on SAP SuccessFactors and EDI integrations. The benefit is that the development is quite fast and easy with minimal bugs.

Dell Boomi review by David B.
David B.

"First Impressions : Using Dell Boomi AtomSphere Like A Pro"

What do you like best?

I wrote a blog article on it. Please read : http://sfcg.com/first-impressions-using-dell-boomi-atomsphere-like-a-pro/

I am integration developer with over 20+ years using the Data Junction framework (also known as Pervasive Business Integrator or Actian DataConnect). I had some familiarity with Boomi back in 2009 and liked it enough to inquire about open positions, unfortunately during a hiring freeze because they were being courted by Dell for acquisition.

Currently, I am working at SFCG, using various tools to build integrations into Oracle CX products. When we started kicking the tires on Boomi and in the training and development since that time, I’ve tried a series of processes out that have given me trouble in other tools. Below is a brief recap of my experience and growing admiration for the way in which this tool has made my job easier.

My first goal with using Boomi was to connect to an instance of CRM On-Demand (a task that can on other platforms be a time-consuming endeavor). What I found was a useful wizard, pictured below, with a series of pop-up steps to follow.

As you can see it easily built out the whole CRM Account schema giving you choices on the Request or Response XML Profiles, from the Account record, as shown in the screenshot below:

Including Child objects….. like List of Address :

This was all done within the span of 10 minutes. In other tools, I have spent more time in trying to define the schemas, than actually completing the maps that use them. Boomi reduced that time from my process. This is one small example of many demonstrating how my teammates and I feel as if we were working in black and white and are now working in color with Boomi AtomSphere. Tasks I’ve taken for granted are complex, time-consuming and meticulous are simplified, streamlined and transformed with powerful features like Boomi Suggest – a handy feature that leverages the collective intelligence of the Boomi community to suggest which fields should be mapped in a Data Map.

You don’t need to take my word for it, another member of our team, Li Mo started building out an integration to Oracle Sales Cloud, using the SOAP API Connector. He was able to do a complete integration to insert a record into the Account entity, and it took about an hour and half. Li Mo’s impression of using Boomi is ”这个平台太好用了!” which translates to “This tool is so handy!”.

Note: it had been about 1 month since we both actually took the training courses. I believe we choose an additional tool that plays to the inner strengths of working in the cloud, and I can no0t wait until I start full blown to continue development on new integration projects using Dell Boomi AtomSphere.

These are some initial impressions of our increased effectiveness with the Boomi platform, as we continue to grow in our knowledge and solution development, you can see here for more tips, tricks and success stories of a partner converted to a new way of developing.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things you have to do repetitively, where a clone tool would be really great. I actually posted an idea : https://community.boomi.com/ideas/2192

There is also a similar request at : https://community.boomi.com/ideas/1314

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool -- just evaluate it for your needs.

integration of cloud data

rapid repeatablility

Dell Boomi review by Podaralla R.
Podaralla R.

"Boomi Atomsphere integration"

What do you like best?

Dell Boomi AtomSphere is a 100 percent native cloud, multi-tenant platform that supports application integration for anything, anytime, anywhere, including: cloud to cloud and cloud to on-premises.

What do you dislike?

Deployment is very difficult in the middle of process is execution.In this product scripting is very difficult for executing the shapes. all shapes are not enable in the scenario.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read up on licensing and how you best maintain and handle your connections in regard to the contract that you sign with Boomi. This is not a cheap product but well worth it if implemented and maintained in the correct and suggested way.

In business process were are connecting with different business rules for sending the data form source to destination.we can write as many as rules in the business rules it is best shape and logic for the scenario.it will use full for the system.

Integration packs are intended for partners and third-party developers who want to offer a packaged integration solution to their end users. Common examples include:

SaaS application providers who offer pre-integrated solutions with their common integration touch points.

Systems integrators who “productize” their integration knowledge and streamline customer implementations.

Dell Boomi review by John M.
John M.

"A powerful platform and tool for any integration"

What do you like best?

I like that Boomi is working hard to improve aspects of the UI. This is a highly important task in my opinion, since the platform and development tool is cloud and browser based. Boomi is demonstrating that this is a high priority for them, and I am enjoying the UI improvements so far.

I also like that a process can be extended with custom scripting if the built-in functionality is unable to suffice.

My favorite part about Boomi is the ability to create RESTful web services. It is intuitive to develop them, and they are very effective.

What do you dislike?

To keep on point with the UI improvements, there are certainly a lot of mouse clicks involved when it comes to browsing for components and configuring shapes. However, some of this has already been addressed so it is obvious that there is a backlog for improvements with the Boomi Dev team.

I also don't like the fact that a Map can't be unit tested by itself. If there was a way to unit test a map on its own (by configuring the inputs or uploading a csv that contains inputs, for example. And a way to check the expected output of each.) I believe development would be 10x more effective and more defects would be caught before production.

I do not like that a new profile is generated every time a Salesforce operation is created. I would like the option to browse for a profile before one may be created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although I would always recommend exploring your options, keep in mind that Boomi and the Atomsphere development tool is entirely in the cloud. That is tough to beat in my opinion.

I work on a team that integrates with Workday, Salesforce, Jive and Coupa quite a bit. Most of the Workday integrations consist of generating a flat file of some sort ( which Boomi is extremely effective with). Otherwise, integrations with Jive and Salesforce utilize their robust and effective web services.

The benefits of course with the Salesforce connector are the ability to use their web services without really coding at all. The query operations are easy to use (most of the time) and the update/create, etc. operations are even easier.

Dell Boomi review by Sravan Kumar M.
Sravan Kumar M.

"Why code when you can build? Dell Boomi :)"

What do you like best?

Boomi is constantly upgraded and improved. In the time I have used it, I have been impressed by the number of changes and improvements made.

1. Instead of "writing a program" to do the data movement, you might want to look at a commercial product that can accomplish this task is Dell Boomi .

2. Syncing data between databases

3. Error tracking

4. It would allow you to specify your requirements using a simple GUI interface and run the actual integration process "in the cloud."

5. Best of breed IaaS providers offer a single, seamless solution for Prior to selecting a Systems Integrator.

6. Compatibility of Applications & Systems:develop custom connectors quickly and easily via visual, drag- and Workflow.

7. Many connections available OOTB Database or HTTP client are rather trivial example but connectors available for Salesforce, NetSuite, JIRA and such many systems – which enables quicker development .

8. Boomi provides all the visuals to accurately map, and transform, data from one system to another.

9. Easy to set up a completely isolated test environment to put the integrations through their paces before deploying to production.

10. Compared to CastIron, the solution was much simpler to configure.

What do you dislike?

Tutorials

Error alerts via email

EXTREMELY poor debugging capabilities.

For coding where your beginner/typical/average programmer would find useful.

Better instructional documentation would help with several tasks. Often the documentation is more of a summary format and not a "Usage" guideline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Boomi is exceptional when you need to integrate disparate systems in a comprehensive way. It is also very good when you have a lot of data that is synced overnight (not real time). It allows you to handle a lot of data, schedule it for when you need it to run, and alert you if there are any problems. It might not be a perfect fit if your integration needs to be real time, although the APIs do exist to allow this to be done if needed.

Success factor

Database

SFTP

Developing and maintaining API and web services

Querying, Insert/Upsert/Update/Merge/Delete

Dell Boomi review by Phi H.
Phi H.

"My first iPaas and I'm satisfied with it"

What do you like best?

As a developer view, Boomi has well-documented, and good pre-sales services as well.

Though I'm a developer, I love that users don't need to know any programming languages to get things done, just drag and drop.

It supports as many platforms as people need.

What do you dislike?

The file processing can only process flat file. For more complicated file type such as MS Excel file, MS Word file,.. We need to implement a separated conversion to prepare data for Boomi processes.

First of all, as a service (cloud service), we don't need to care about server maintenance any more, no worries about incorrect configurations, about down time.

Second, for maintaining, we don't need a large team to do it.

And of course, using Boomi instead of manual transaction could help us to avoid people mistake while inputting data or doing transactions.

Dell Boomi review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Makes integrations fun!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use platform which can be used by people of different skill levels. I really like the concept of configuring individual shapes which abstracts a lot of technical stuff not needed for a non-technical person who is using the product. It is powerful and reliable!

What do you dislike?

There a few user interface experiences that I dislike and would like to get those fixed. For example - If i need to use the same cross reference table 5 times in a map, I would have to select those 5 times individually which is time consuming. It would be nicer to have a copy and paste functions within the map, that could make lives easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying it once so that you can personally experience the power of Dell Boomi and its functionality. I am confident that this will truly amaze you and would like to do more with it.

We are integrating with clients Student Information Systems and our CRM product so that the two can talk with each other seamlessly. This helps our clients review data and make informed decisions about their business workflows with confidence.

Dell Boomi review by Mandeep D.
Mandeep D.

"Robust and very interactive Middleware"

What do you like best?

I like most about Dell Boomi is the readily available type of connectors for most of the systems. And most importantly, the UI which is very interactive with point and click.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it does not give the error messages when processes fails in a more distinctive manner. Like those java errors when connecting to Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. There are many integration softwares in the market but Dell Boomi is one among them which is reliable and easy to set it up. For complex process setup though, expert knowledge on it is required.

- Anyone who needs to integrate different systems and doesn't want to use API or doesn't have an API, then Dell Boomi is where you should go.

- Anyone with knowledge of basic boomi process and with the help of community can start working on Dell Boomi and should be able to set it up.

In my role, I am required to troubleshoot issues in Salesforce and sometimes its related to data format or correct data not coming. With my knowledge on Dell Boomi, I am able to solve such issues by transforming the data in boomi and putting various functions in place while mapping fields. This benefits me in saving time and also does not require me to reach out to any third person/party for help.

Dell Boomi review by SriKeerthi R.
SriKeerthi R.

"The Go To cloud integration tool for any use case"

What do you like best?

The number of out of the box third party integration connectors are very helpful and reduce the custom development effort a lot. Continuous enhancements and more additions to these connectors is commendable case in point Amazon S3 and Slack connectors.

The ease with which an API can be setup and deployed is unmatched. Providing various options to configure SSL certificates, use authentication types and support for third party signed client and server certificates gives the client flexibility to mold the solution according to their requirements.

By providing groovy and java scripting options, it gives developers more options to go beyond out of the box mapping functions and transformation rules along with using a mix and match of the two. Introduction of queues and support for queue server makes it compatible with existing predominantly message based architectures.

What do you dislike?

No out of the box connection support for databases like postgresql

Limited API monitoring and statistics

No version control for multiple deployments of same process at a single point of time

AWS Databases

Salesforce

SFTP

HTTPS

Custom API's

Dell Boomi review by asheesh s.
asheesh s.

"It just served all requirements"

What do you like best?

It can connect to almost everything now. Once connected its just the integration efficiency of the developer.

As a tool boomi left no stone unturned.

Its interface getting more and more user friendly.

Plug and play gives best possible efficiency. Most of the script functions or daily use functions are made readily available.

Reporting of executions is absolute informative.

It is just a great tool to work

What do you dislike?

Nothing big specific to mention here just other than some small issues with scripting languages be it groovy or be it java scripting. They at time vary with data formats scripting languages works upon and data formats which boomi feeds in or feeds out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in a doubt , must go for it .

Get hands on the trial version and you will feel the difference.

We are in to logistics and transportation and with our solutions we had effected seeds and food prices.

We had worked with big carrier and smoothened their travel cycle.

We worked with some large retail chains and improved there order intake.

Dell Boomi review by Kevin L.
Kevin L.

"Powerful application with tons of promise"

What do you like best?

Boomi offers an easy to use GUI that allows anyone to quickly build simple or complex processes. It allows you to build complex processes with little to no coding knowledge. It’s a powerful integration application with a relatively small learning curve. The GUI makes it easy to follow the flow of the process. Boomi has a built in process that allows you to easily deploy between different environments. Built in API allows for quick and easy setup of web services. Community where users are able to submit and vote on improvement suggestions allows users to have a say in the features of the product.

What do you dislike?

Boomi’s decision to charge based on connectors limits the reusability of processes. This can make it painful as you have to rebuild processes that are doing essentially the same thing but connecting to different servers. The web based portal is prone to slowness in a few areas making it painful to use when doing certain tasks (updating extensions for instance). Can require extensive customization to get the product working to it's full potential. The product still has a lot of room to grow and mature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool and easy to use tool. Still needs work to make processes more reusable.

Setting up batch and realtime transfers for multiple business needs.

Dell Boomi review by Navdeep K.
Navdeep K.

"Dell Boomi Review"

What do you like best?

Dell Boomi is a wonderful tool to automate your entire eco-system at ease. The User interface is simply awesome and easy to learn. We are able to automate many interfaces. For example - Our HRMS is not capable of sending reminder notifications based on certain events, or based on certain days. With Dell Boomi integration we are able to automate many of our existing processes, which used to be performed manually earlier.

We have got lot of success internally and greater satisfaction from our center of excellence teams.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing as such which can be put as dislikes :) However I personally felt that cost wise Dell Boomi training is little on the expensive side. And the Training content also can be improved. At last the weekly updates should also be considered during weekends and not weekdays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All Successfactors customers must use Dell Boomi for greater experience. The Dell Boomi support is simply awesome.

Automation of various processes, Building real time integrations,

Dell Boomi review by George C.
George C.

"Dell Boomi - intuitive integrations"

What do you like best?

Dell Boomi has a very intuitive GUI and is easy to learn and use. Its components are very versatile and with custom scripting to fall back on Dell Boomi can handle all sorts of ad-hoc scenarios. Combining all of these factors together means integration processes can be built out and tested very quickly.

The Community is also incredibly useful to find information and troubleshoot problems encountered. There are plenty of active users and everyone is helpful and friendly with advice.

What do you dislike?

While the community forums are a great place to find answers to questions the reference guide documentation is very brief and does not cover all components and options with great detail and examples.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use once you fully grasp the concept of document flow through a process.

Using Dell Boomi to collect information from various other services and transforming it to a friendly format that can be easily read by our system, several processes were able to be automated and life made easier as a result.

Dell Boomi review by Maheswari B.
Maheswari B.

"dell boomi review"

What do you like best?

Capable of complex data transformations and is capable of a wide berth of use cases. Support can be very helpful and responsive. There have been several instances where we've had mission critical breakdowns and support has been awesome in putting in the hours until we got it figured out.

Their Revision History is great, especially when you're first learning the platform or want extreme version control. There's a lot of little places where you can do some major damage and having great version control mitigates development time. It's not listed as a connector, but it will work with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains 2015 and eConnect 2014 which was nice (they do need to update the documentation for this connection though).

We had a mission critical integration that used a scripting component to sort data that would break every time there was a major update. Eventually, Boomi gave us a resource to help re-engineer the process so that it worked more in line with their development...

What do you dislike?

Sometimes seemingly simple needs turn out to be very complex problems, eg sorting line item detail records on the header master record. Editing and creating custom XML profiles can be tricky, fortunately the Revision History component is fantastic. Connector management could be better, the same connector with a different ID won't deploy if you're at your cap, a problem which happens more often than you would imagine due to the strange and dangerous ways you copy processes and components

The primary intent of getting on the Boomi platform was to create a bi-directional sync between our Salesforce org and our instance of Great Plains which runs on a dedicated hosted server. With the some of the automation we've been able to realize using Boomi and various other applications has been profound, but when platform stability threatens that it can be harmful to our organization.

Dell Boomi review by Ravi T.
Ravi T.

"Dell Boomi is an easy understanding platform with API management "

What do you like best?

I would recommend to people who require data management, and API management, In Boomi There are many functionalities which make you to easily process the data, the connectors make u to connect to specific customer. the best thing is api management ,where we can trigger the processes as wished.the community really helps the customers and consultants to gain the knowledge easily, and the customer support really helpful, when we ask any thing to them they will give support to us , and they will put a track on it, and they will be in touch with you till the problem is solved.

What do you dislike?

To learn boomi easily there are less resources , It is good if they can add some functionalities rich working with high data. and they show add som tools like filtering the data , sorting the data so that, the process in can be more easily done by the developer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

compared to other tools , boomi is easy to implement,it is partnered with many customers.

for payroll kind of data , we can able to send the data daily, or by using api management , we can able to send the data in daily or hourly basis, the main business problems lies with working with big data , some times while processes we gets java heap error. it will be good if they can give accesses to manage the cloud heap space for process to process.

Dell Boomi review by Vinar A.
Vinar A.

"Good tool for connecting different systems"

What do you like best?

Boomi has been super easy to pick up and work with. Its ease in development, quick deployment and maintenance is something which I am really impressed with. Community help for known issues, point and click implementation of logic with options to plug in code whenever required is something which lot of developer prefers and then admins can maintain. Also boomi employees have been really friendly in seeking feedback to improve their product and implementing user suggested enhancements from time to time.

What do you dislike?

There are certain times when you have to beat around the bush to achieve something. I am sure with user feedback; boomi will keep on bringing those enhancements. Also there is lot of disconnect between knowledge share. Community helps to a good extent but the power of platform is not fully utilized. I have met people at user groups wherein they were really shocked to find out features which other people use and vice versa. Bridging the knowledge gap to take full advantage of platform is something I would request boomi to work on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its worth giving a try. I am sure you would consider using it to smoothen your efforts.

Connecting many systems we use

Fast development

Easy deployments

Secure

Easy maintenance

Good success/error reporting

Dell Boomi review by Rajendra P.
Rajendra P.

"Best Clound Integration tool in the Market"

What do you like best?

Very easy to Integrate. Most of the integration functionality achieved by Graphical designing. Very minimal coding and no coding required to Integrate the Systems. Encrypting the data is very easy. Many connectors are available . Easy maintenance. Very good Version management. Unlike other Integration tools It doesn't require extensive programming knowledge. Very good support from Dell Boomi Community. The central control from the web console of all the managed processes is a giant leap in terms of DevOps respect to more traditional products.Best part here I can put forward is that this product moved out of box now! by adding a "custom connector" concept where in a developer can try to connect to different systems by coding himself apart from inbuilt provided connectors. Manual configuration of runtime engine is really awesome, for this one reason I could say BOOMI is an best product among iPaaS providers.

What do you dislike?

No standard option to track who scheduled the process. Auditing options need to be improved.

Takes more time when processing huge data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely I will recommend Dell Boomi for Cloud Integrations. It is very easy to use. Less time for Integrations. License cost is cheaper.

I have used Dell Boomi tool to integrate Succesfactors system with other systems like ADP, Aon Hewitt, computershare,CADIS and other client Internal system. Dell Boomi simplifies the data transformations. Encrypting the data as per customer security needs. Very good real time and on need basis integrations. flexibility to integrate clod and on premise systems

Dell Boomi review by Velmurugan K.
Velmurugan K.

"One for all Integration & Automation"

What do you like best?

On the whole, i enjoy the application by developing process flow. However below listed are some of them,

1. Ease of use. Any developer who understands data flow can learn this easily

2. The speed of support is always awesome and efficient

3. The reference documents are quick to understand the components

4. Reduces lines of codes that developers write

5. 99% meets my internal customer requirements

6. New upgrades of workbench is very helpful

7. Admin & setup features are easy to do

8. It is a stable system which makes it easy to show this to Management/customers

What do you dislike?

While i like most of the features and functions,

the training cost is huge compared to the training content. I recently got certified for Dev I & II, where the content does not have Find Changes and web services covered. As a developer, i would expect these basic things to be covered for the huge money i am paying.

Monthly update release is scheduled on weekdays. If it is on weekend, would be helpful

API management and MDM are not easily available.

Email connector Operations need improvement. which i have already commented under ideas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would highly recommend this to other developers as well as organizations and friends

Basically i use Dell Boomi for Success Factors cloud integrations. Moreover, i started using this for reminders and notifications as well, which was a huge success in our company.

Dell Boomi review by Mohan krishna K.
Mohan krishna K.

"Best integration middle ware i have worked on"

What do you like best?

To start with, i have worked on various integration middle ware and ETL tools like Informatica, Pentaho, Mulesoft etc. in my career. I find Dell Boomi Atomsphere the most flexible and easy to use middle ware.

Below listed are the major advantages i find with Dell Boomi:

1) Support for Software as a Service (SaaS), on premise, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), and Business to business (B2B) integrations.

2) Easy development, deployment, maintenance, and effective version control.

3) Less learning curve.

4) Rational licensing cost.

What do you dislike?

Major disadvantage i feel with Dell Boomi is lack of support for Siebel CRM. Also i feel responsiveness of Dell Boomi web pages can be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest Dell Boomi for any one who are looking for an integration middle ware to implement business requirements varying from easy to complex especially when you have requirements dealing with external APIs.

I have majorly used Dell Boomi for Salesforce integration. Dell Boomi supports efficient integration with Salesforce environment with support of various connectors like Salesforce, Salesforce Analytics, Apex, HTTP Client, etc.

Dell Boomi review by Vinay H.
Vinay H.

"User friendly product"

What do you like best?

1)User Friendly product : Dell Boomi product is designed in such a way that any one can learn easily with minimal time.

2)Appearance : Look and Feel of this product makes you to spend more time which in turn everyone can learn lot many things.

3)Debugging : Debugging features which helps everyone to analyse each and every component while unit testing.

4)Prepacked contents which help in boosting integration.

What do you dislike?

1)Additional standard components should be implemented in order to minimize the use of scripting.

2)Map function within mapping could have been much helpful if multiple map function can be called within map function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can replace any integration tool which is in market effectively.

i worked in integrating both cloud and on premises tools, which it provides extremely powerful tool in market to integrate.

Worked on API connector which will get logs which helps in monitoring very effectively, Will be able to know the deployments, failed processes of each atom.

Dell Boomi review by Simone A.
Simone A.

"Quick and powerful 1-stop shop for integration"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive environment, the web interface can be used immediately from anyone familiar with the basic of application integration. The learning curve is really fast. A single web-based environments supports all the phases from design, to deployment and management.

If you need to do scripting you can use industry standard languages like Javascript and Groovy.

The need of custom scripting is limited.

What do you dislike?

The pricing and sizing require usually strong analysis with the customer during the presales phase. Some customers are not willing to engage into this and might lead to difficulties in attaining a competitive sizing for the projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before evaluating an iPaaS product consider if you can accept a command and control architecture which is being governed from the US laws. Most state-owned companies from EU will not like that.

Don't be afraid of the pricing: a careful architecture design and discussion with the vendor/partner will ensure you get real value for money.

This is an integration product, the key objectives usually are:

- perform scheduled ETL processes

- expose and consume WebServices within a SOA architecture (ESB type)

- fast implementation: this is usually the only key benefit most customers care for

Dell Boomi review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"Excellent Integration Tool "

What do you like best?

The Boomi Suggest is such a great feature. It makes creating mapping so much easier. It would take much longer do this in code. The AtomSphere API is a great interface. It is very easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

I love the low latency features, but I really dislike how little you can see into a transaction when it is enabled. I know that is were some of the performance bumps come from, however if we could have a low latency on/off on the atom level it would be extremely useful to gather more information without starting from the build tab which introduces more risk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really enjoy integrating systems with this tool. We had a learning curve with the run time environment. We also found that the molecule does not work well for real time transactions. We saw better performance from load balancing two Atoms.

We have a complex project that goes to many different 3rd parties. We would have had a difficult time working with their large API without Boomi. We also use Boomi frequently with our mainframe applications. This really helps eliminate some of the difficulties of integrating a mainframe with other systems.

Dell Boomi review by Pradeep Kumar K.
Pradeep Kumar K.

"Best iPaas"

What do you like best?

Pure exhibition of iPaas platform .Development,Deployment,monitoring and administration on one UI. Its not just because its iPass like any other cloud tool but it has the ability to integrate almost anything . Cost wise you pay for what you use ...completely no. of connectors gets used you go on increase the license and pay only for it.

What do you dislike?

Hmm even after getting maximum votes for few ideas i see still the ideas are kept on backlog . I am not sure how the things are prioritized for product enhancement

Recommendations to others considering the product

World in future is moving towards cloud because of its cost saving and for easy maintaince. And at this stage Dell boomi is very matured tool and has done N number of integrations.

Completely i am working with HR data integration from sap success-factors to third party payroll and other kinds of systems. The connector provided by dell Boomi for success factors is smart enough to handle many things . Even if it doesnt i always go with XML/Json HTTP via webservice.

Dell Boomi review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Boomi is powerful and highly usable, but not perfect"

What do you like best?

Dell Boomi's interface is mostly intuitive and it makes basic ETL integrations easy to build and deploy. As I've used it more and more over the past few years, for more complex use cases, I've learned that it sometimes has unsurprising (and not so obvious) depth, though this depth is often not as well documented as it could be.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that Boomi struggles with:

- Mapping values between two dynamic JSON arrays is a true challenge. If you need to map array elements from Array 1 into Y array elements in Array 2...well, have fun setting that up. Easy to do in code, but quite unintuitive and nearly impossible to do in Boomi. I was able to get a demonstration from a Boomi customer service rep and the solution provided was not scalable.

- Basic UX details can be rough at times (and the interface itself takes up too much screen space)

- Stuck on an ancient version of Groovy for embedded code

- No built-in code IDE even though you'll need to embed more and more code as you increase the complexity and sophistication of your integrations.

We're solving a variety of business problems, but primarily automating manual processes that involve typical ETL operations. We've managed to save many hours of manual work and the accompanying potential for human error by using Dell Boomi.

Dell Boomi review by Karthik S.
Karthik S.

"Dell Boomi Product Review"

What do you like best?

> Ease of building interfaces.

> Flexibility with Account level properties.

> wide range of ready to use components and option to use custom script

> 15 days patch release cycle allowing testing in internal environments before release in production.

What do you dislike?

> Limitations with lower allocations interms of cloud resource usage

> Support takes a little longer to forward the issue to experts

> Weekday maintenance window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dell Boomi can support integration scenarios for few 100s to thousands of records seamlessly.

Configuration flexibility and custom component build option are things to look out for.

> I am part of reseller organization. Our customers use Boomi mostly to integrate HCM cloud application with their HCM On premise or 3rd party cloud solution.

> Our engineering teams have been able to release standard templates for interfaces based on our HCM cloud releases with no issues.

Dell Boomi review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Best tool to satisfy your EDI needs"

What do you like best?

First off, you have plenty of online training for EDI (and other integration methods) on Boomi's platform. In our case, we had an evaluation between multiple vendors including Mulesoft, Software AG, Jitterbit, Boomi and Snaplogic. While Jitterbit and Boomi, was able to easily read the source file from our ERP system, only with Boomi where we able to easily customize to what the destination vendor needs.

What do you dislike?

We were new to EDI, so had some learning curve to get EDI and Boomi at the same time. We also had to do some trial and error sending file with the destination vendors, since they wanted items that differed from the official EDI definitions. (not Boomi problem)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great. You will spend more time figuring out the requirements of the integration than building it within Boomi.

retiring Cobol programs

Dell Boomi review by Internal Consultant in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Internal Consultant in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Intuitive product with advanced features"

What do you like best?

Boomi's strong points are its SaaS/cloud nature, its volume of pre-built connectors, the ease of writing integrations for systems that don't have pre-built connectors, and its intuitive wire-flow format that builds on the upsides of competing products while simultaneously improving their functionality.

What do you dislike?

Boomi is priced based on connection endpoint rather than volume of data, which means that you need to know how many endpoints you will need for the term of your contract, or you will have to renew your contract early.

We are using Dell Boomi to provide master data replication and data warehouse ETL processes to move data from our operational ERPs (SAP and Plex) to our central data repository (Workday Prism). We also use it to integrate our more real-time processes such as employee lifecycle (onboarding, offboarding, etc.) and bolt-on system communications.

Dell Boomi review by User

"Dell Boomi is a good way to process EDI files but needs some more support"

What do you like best?

Boomi does a great job at transforming and transferring data from EDI files in a friendly user interface. Boomi is easy to use, has good documentation on how to use it, and will take minimal effort to make some complicated transformations to a multitude of file types including but not limited to EDI.

What do you dislike?

There is no built in inbound or outbound compliance for EDI files.

Test mode can be rather slow at starting up.

Versioning and deployments can be kind of messy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to their consulting team and make sure that they can show you that Boomi can do what you want it to do.

Transforming, routing, and analyzing EDI files for a large healthcare eCommerce application. The benefits that we have seen is that transformation and analysis of files is very easy with Boomi.

Dell Boomi review by Erik I.
Erik I.

"A great iPaaS with enormous potential "

What do you like best?

There are many good things about Dell Boomi that I have come to like and use in everyday work, the overall capabilities together with continuous improvements from the R&D team creates a product that you feel is not satisfying itself with its current status but always trying to adhere to customer needs and suggestion. To mention a few of the parts I like the most I would point out the following:

Environment management between Test and Production, or whatever other steps in between, is made very easy through Boomi and this makes the overall development and maintenance a pure delight once you have this setup to cover your needs.

The Scripting functionalities, both inside a process and inside a Map function, give you a very extensive set of new ways to solve a complex business case for a Customer. Covering both JavaScript and Groovy this is a very powerful addition which makes the development easy even in tough use cases.

API management and the overall capabilities for creating and maintaining Web Services, it is very easy to setup and utilize as part of your integration.

Last but not least, Boomi is doing more and more updates to increase the usability and the user experience which I find very interesting and good. There is almost always some improvements regarding UI etc. in new releases and they manage to do this without making it difficult for us, the users, to keep up and adapting to the new look and feel.

What do you dislike?

There are small areas where I really hope that they make some improvements:

When it comes to custom scripting utilizing JavaScript or Groovy it would be very good to have syntax highlighting or similar regular features to simplify the development and minimize the risk of syntax issues.

The very good SOAP Connector, which is used for all connections using the SOAP framework, does not support NTLM/Kerberos authentication, which leaves you with the only option (if your use case cannot use oData) to develop a branded connector.

Overall the documentation is ok, and their new Community is very good, but I would like some more concrete examples in their regular documentation. Very often I read documentation about a Connector or some other shape and the bare minimal is available; sometimes a checkbox is explained by re-typing its label, which is quite annoying if you are looking for a deeper explanation of the impact of actually checking this checkbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to analyze and plan your integration before starting the development, know what you should do and have a clear idea of how you will do it before is very good to not get lost with the many ways that a process can be developed to meet a certain business case. From my experience with Boomi it is not so much the question “Can this be done?” that is the important one, but rather “How can we best do this?”.

Integration to multiple systems including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics Navision and third party vendors.

Developing and maintaining API and web services is a key aspect that is necessary for our implementation, this together with integration towards Salesforce for not only custom built web services but also standard operations such as Querying, Insert/Upsert/Update/Merge/Delete is vital for the success to be achieved.

Ability to streamline the integration and having a cloud based solution

Dell Boomi review by Abhijat C.
Abhijat C.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

# A universal connect-up and integration tool with almost all known sources.

# Easy to understand interface

# Detailed and informative logs

# Frequent updates to ensure new features, bug fixing and stability

# Quick customer support

What do you dislike?

# Several features populate very slow. For instance, the left menu, drop-downs. It could be saved on sessions and can be provided at an instant. If any change is required, option for refresh could be given as separate rather than compulsory update.

# Choice to download deployed process lists. Time filters on deployed processes.

# Garbage collection doesn't seems profound

I face numerous EDI integrations for our clients.

It also includes majorly AS2 processes, TPs, SFTP, Disk, FTP.

Easy integrations on various profile types

Easy connector and trading partner configurations

Dell Boomi review by Ronak K.
Ronak K.

"Experience on Dell integrator Boomi"

What do you like best?

-Vast array of different connectors type providing integration from almost all cloud systems

-Powerful GUI based tool , easy to program and test

-Easy to deploy changes with access up to last 20 versions almost for reverting back if rollback required.

What do you dislike?

- With local deployed atom, network connectivity troubleshooting is less informative and more based on wireshark

- Did not find option for archive of old run data more than 3 month old

- Performance tuning help is very much required from Boomi gods blogs but less to find on Google

We are integrating with Salesforce staffing based tool and Worklife HR. We have around 100 of processes running based on frequency and Boomi is critical for us to integrate enterprise with these cloud tool.

Dell Boomi review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Dell Boomi Review: Number One Integration platform For Modern Generation"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

1. We had a scenario where large volumes of data had to be migrated. Finally we ran to issues and couldn't do that successful with Boomi. The reason is that the memory allotted for an atom is required to execute large volume. The alternate way which Boomi suggesting is to use many different process. So that reason you have to manual split your process to many to handle the large volume.

2. Another reason is that it is not providing the basic need for roll back the transaction. There is no option to execute with a transaction . For eg: we had scenarios where it had to communicate between two systems. When it fails for one system it had to revert back for the entire case. Currently it is not possible with Boomi.

3. Since Boomi made the tool more custamizable it become not that much user friendly. If you want to quickly visit an error for a process, you have to go for many clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend every Organization and Business Units who has lot of trouble with application Integration weather it may be On-premise or Cloud and the cost of application i strongly recommend them to use Dell Boomi.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I was able to automate several processes which involves integration with Salesforce, Salesforce Analytics, NetSuite, and many more third party vendors which otherwise would have caused a lot of manual effort and would have been more error prone.

Learning about Dell Boomi?

* We monitor all Dell Boomi reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.